June 13th, 2011

Celebs react to Tracy Morgan controversy

Everyone from fellow comics to his boss, Tina Fey, had some words for Tracy Morgan following his recent rant against gays during a stand up gig: it wasn't funny.

"I'm glad to hear that Tracy apologized for his comments," said a statement from Fey who is the creator of NBC's "30 Rock" on which Morgan co-stars. "Stand-up comics may have the right to 'work out' their material in its ugliest and rawest form in front of an audience, but the violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community."

Morgan apologized Friday for his remarks which included saying he would stab his son to death if he ever discovered he was gay.

Friend and fellow funny man Chris Rock initially defended Morgan via Twitter “I dont know about you, but I don't want to live in world where Tracy Morgan can't say foul inappropriate s**t” but then backed off of that stance in a later tweet.

"Tracy Morgan is a tad off we all know that so when Tracy says something I usually don't take it anymore serious than i would a statement from Gary Busey or Flavor Flav," Rock tweeted. "When I first heard the statement I thought it was offensive but it also reminded me of my father saying I'll kill you if you ever bring home a white girl but after reading everything Tracy said. Wow I get it that s**t wasn't called for and I don't support it at all."

Comedienne Wanda Sykes, who is gay, tweeted her anger about Rock initally defending Morgan and later tweeted "This isn't about comedy. What Tracy said is dangerous. We r just trying to protect our kids."

Tony award winning actress Anika Noni Rose told CNN there was no context in which Morgan's comments could be viewed as funny as evidenced by the response.

"I think the judgement has been passed," she said Sunday night on the Tony Awards red carpet. "I haven’t heard one person who was like 'yeah!'"

Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement that Morgan's remarks "reflect negatively on both '30 Rock' and NBC."

"I speak for NBC and myself personally when I say we do not condone hate or violence of any kind and I am pleased to see Tracy Morgan apologizing for recent homophobic remarks in his standup appearance," Greenblatt said. "We will always recognize an artist’s freedom to express him or herself, but not when reckless things are said no matter what the context."

Fey echoed that when she said in her statement that "I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian coworkers at "30 Rock", without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket. The other producers and I pride ourselves on '30 Rock' being a diverse, safe, and fair workplace."

Two "30 Rock" co-stars did sound-off about the incident.

Co-star Alec Baldwin initially tweeted "Oh that Tracy" when the story broke and the following day tweeted "No one's making excuses for Tracy."

Cheyenne Jackson, an openly gay actor who also co-stars on "30 Rock," told Out Magazine in a statement that he was "disgusted and appalled by Tracy Morgan's homophobic rant."

"The devastating repercussions of hate-filled language manifest in very real ways for today's LGBTQ youth," Jackson's statement said. "I've known Tracy for two years, spent many long hours with him on set, and I want to believe that this behavior is not at the core of who he is. I'm incredibly disappointed by his actions, and hope that his apology is sincere."

1. GrampaSez

Yeah. Calling a republican woman the "c" word, and making pervy remarks about having her children molested, and comparing a republican president to your pubic hair, it's all good. But God help you if you fail to demonstrate proper approval of our LGBT brothers and sisters. Wonder if they will make a movie "exploring the idea" of a democrat president being assassinated, like what was so popular when a republican was president? Wonder if the "antagonist" will be LBGT?

August 17, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. Banking and financeBanking and finance degree,Banking and finance salary,Careers in banking and finance,Investment banking finance,Banking finance major,Banking accounting,Banking financial news,hsbc finance

Normally I don't learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice post.

April 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Abe

I think the tables would be turned if someone said that about a black child.

June 21, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Don JJ

Im so F'n tired of this nation being PC. I wouldn't regret any jokes I made about Blacks or gays. I think Morgan just forgot his welfare check. While the LGBT dont have enough money for a sausagefest in San Francisco.

June 15, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Idiotics-In-USA??

Thanks for putting out who would comment negative about Tracy Morgan. Who gives a $-h-i-TT about this other than idiots? I'm gay, most people I know are gay, we are all educated and please, can get a joke. Any celebrities commenting here should be written off and discarded. Good ridden to idiots, Hello Tracy!!!

June 15, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Teresa

Celebrities are so scared to say how they truly feel because GLAAD can ruin their career if the disagree with them. That's why Chris Rock back track on what he said. GLAAD is nothing but a bully. Right or wrong not everyone is in favor of the gays.

June 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. spurro1

GLBTQLMNOP community....you are not special. This country is turning into a gigantic soft doughy pushover. In part thanks to Tina Feys crusade to make her workplace "SAFE" ....gtfo.....if you get targeted it's because you're weak. Coddling weakness does not help anyone.

June 14, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mini you

Black comics have been saying horrible and disgusting things about black women for years and no ones given a damn about it so this doesn't bother me either. I don't take this chit serious.

It's not like he said it at a republican town hall meeting or someting, he said it at a comedy club which says to me you should have known what you were getting yourselves into.

June 14, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. BarredOwl

I never appreciated his type of humor anyway. Some things are "just NOT funny"!
    He did apologize; I just hope he was sincere in doing so.

June 14, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. jd

Where's Lenny Bruce when u need him?

June 14, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. jd

Hey. SCREW all of u, Im an equal opportunity basher! I hate all of u and u can do it to urselves!!!!

June 14, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Davis

What are you talking about, Tracy? Your first AND last name are both girl's names nowadays. LOL.

June 14, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. Weiner is a weiner

Suk it jig-a-boo! You can schlob my knob you picker. Go pound sand-nig!! See ya u pillow biter.

June 13, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. comedy

all of you guys need to calm down. Although Morgan said some harsh ishh...the same stuff is all over television. south park (which sum1 brought up) as well as Family Guy (both of which are cartoons that children watch). If your going to attack one person for the wrong doing then you need to attack all of them. And i dont see anybody trying to get those two cartoons off the air. Both shows have multiple seasons. if u dont like what you see then turn the channel. there are plenty of other shows to choose from. Simple as that. That wld be the equivalent of sum1 who doesnt like rap going to a Lil Wayne concert. not to mention im pretty sure all of you have friends who do the same thing. he just happens to do it in front of an audience. people are getting killed in the world and you people are crying about a couple of innappropriate jokes. get a grip on reality.

June 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tiny

I'm not a fan of shock humor so I don't go to the comedy club. I don't condone violence to any human and I don't think it's funny to make mean-spirited comments. I agree, however, with free speech laws. But, freedom of speech does have consequences. Tracy Morgan is simply finding out about those consequences. However, the GLBT community should be wise in how and when they complain. As I said, there are consequences to free speech. Tolerance must be shown from all sides of the spectrum.

June 13, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. bernettkearney

Well it is freedom of speech rite?yes it was stupid n ignorant but opinions everybody has one theres much more to b concerned about get over it!

June 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mike

Everyone who is making a big deal about a gay joke must be offended. They should have stayed in the closet.

June 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Madarain

What a screwed up world. All these so called free speakers running scared. I've lost all respect for everyone in this article (not that I had much anyway) When the love of money and fame makes Chris Rock, Wanda Sikes, and Tracy Morgan clam up about gay jokes but not lay off Christians, then I know we are all past the point of no return. Good bye freedom...It was nice while it lasted.

June 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JBC

When did we stop giving classes teaching people how to accept themselves and be secure with who they are and what they represent? Who canceled those classes? We need to fire those classes back up!

And if you are one of those people who finds him or herself in deep disagreement over what Tracy Morgan said with his FREE SPEECH (this is America last I checked) during his comedy routine, then you may need to register for one of these classes.

People...my fellow human beings – it's not about what you say; it's about what you do! WORDS can't really hurt you. WORDS do not cut, stab, kick, slap, or shoot – we do.

When was the last time you heard of somebody getting killed by a WORD or sentence? Gun or knife...yes. Word or sentence...no.

The point: if you are secure within yourself, it is literally "impossible" for you to care about what anybody says...impossible!

June 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Tim

This atmosphere of squelching any speech that we find offensive is totally un-American. I found his statements incredible offensive – actually beyond offensive. However, free speech and an atmospehere of free speech is a large part of how America has identified itself for 200 years. America is supposed to be a place we allow anyone to say anything regardless of how disgusting or offensive we find it – without fear of havinf their lives ruined. The people who want to destroy careers and people's lives because they said something politically incorrect are a million times more dangerous than Morgan.

June 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jan_Alex

I always thought comedy was about being funny.
    How sick do you have to be to laugh about the thought of stabbing a child, regardless if black, white, gay or straight???

June 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Manuel Labor

Why can't we put all the h0m0's on an island for a few hundred years. They could decorate the heck out of it before they all died out due to their inability to procreate.

June 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Superhiro

Bottom line, this is a free country. You can say whatever you want EVEN if others find it offensive. If you find it offensive, that's actually YOUR problem.

June 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jim Morrison

Free country, say anything you like. People died for that right. You don't have to like what people say but you better defend the right to say it.....

June 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

He can say whatever he wants, but his display of poor judgment will likely hurt his career, and rightly so.

June 13, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Al

I would be more willing to forgive and forget IF this was his first offense but Tracy has done this type of "gay bashing" before. I only hope that this is his last! Tracy needs to do a PSA for "It gets better" campaign (a campaign aimed at LGBT teens who are bullied in order to let them know that the bullying eventually stops and their lives will get better...)

June 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jim Morrison

Let's see if he loses his tv job like others may lose by saying the same. The gay community must have one strong lobby group. What percentage of the country is gay? 1 percent maybe.

June 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. helloeyes

Tracy Morgan's base-mentality humor is only funny to the bottom-feeders.

June 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dave

I didn't like those specific comments, but I think Tracey is a funny f–ker!

June 13, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Joe

Maybe Tine Fey should look to herself for correction. Some of her rants about Sarah Palin were mean

June 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

Tina Fey never said she would stab her son to death if she found out he was a republican. It is the violent imagery that is shocking.

June 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. humberto

Now did they post pictures ont tv of Obama in boxer short or Putnin in briefs by primetime news ?

June 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Erik

The GLBT group are a bunch of hypocrites, comedians too. They can dish it but they can't take it. They can dish out vile and "dangerous" rants to people or a group of people they hate or don't agree with but when it comes to gays, oooohhh, that's a no-no. What a bunch of sissies and pansies. Oh, that's right, I forgot, they're gay. GLBT says that they hate bullies when they themselves are one. HYPOCRITES! Politcal Correctness has gone way too far.

June 13, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

Agreed. There is no rationalization for such a poor display of intellectual integrity – The LGBT community should walk the talk if they want respect.

June 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. SeeThe Pardox

WOW..... I am SMDH at all this point posturing you people are doing. How about spending more time in the trenches helping spread awareness in schools and communities; support anti-gay, black, abuse & battery organizations. Get out in the real world where the defensless need all this energy you are putting in tweets and blogs!

June 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Weiner is a weiner

Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you!!

June 13, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  34. uniqueladypoet

@ Jeff.. Change never comes easy! How long before African American could marry who they want? When did grown men stopped being called boy and belittle in public? Nothing out of the norm can be won easily.. Change is a hard thing to come by when the majority is against you. But the point is not to make more enemies by censoring everyone, by crying all the time. Yes.. Get tough skins because its a long battle ahead but in time it will change. As the youth gets older the tolerance also grows. I don't want my sons to grow up to be gay for no other reason other then the obstacles they will face but they are lucky because the love I have for them will allow me to stand by them and support them through the harsh world.

June 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. bostongye

Its called freedom of speech. Not freedom of speech except speech that offends people. Deal with it.

June 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  36. gakevin42

Tracy Morgan, may have been to vulgar in his comments on gays....but it does not take away from the fact that gay/lesbian activities is wrong....God will judge the gay/lesbian community...please think of your souls. Be blessed!!

June 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

I don't know what is more offensive: hating on gays for laughs, or hating on gays while standing behind a veil of religious fervor. Either way is cowardly..

June 13, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. uniqueladypoet

@humberto... From your mama?

June 13, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jeff

Those of you telling gay people to get a thicker skin need to keep a few things in mind. Please remember, we have only this year been granted to right to serve openly in the military – and some people are still fighting to take that right away. We have been given the right to get married in only a handful of states – and California granted the right and then allowed a group of small-minded bigots to take that away. We can spend decades with our significant other but we can’t inherit their property without paying taxes on it when they die. We are not allowed to be included in the medical benefits of our partners without paying taxes on the benefit provided. We are still called the F word in the streets, our schools, and sadly in some of our homes. Society continues to marginalize us despite the fact we are your neighbors, teachers, politicians, waiters, doctors, family and your friends. Gay people around the world are beaten and killed on a daily basis simply because of who they love.
    Yes, some of us may be a little oversensitive when we hear someone say they would “stab (their child) to death if (they) were gay”. Put yourself in our shoes and you might feel similarly offended by the remark

June 13, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • JBL

You are correct...people should not be denied rights or beaten because of who they are or what they represent. However, getting upset over what someone said (in America – the land of FREE SPEECH), is a different story. When people speak, it involves the use of words and phrases – not knifes and guns. It is not an issue of thin skin – it is an issue of security with self. You should not care about what people say...you shoud care about what people do. Denial of rights – not cool. Denial of services and jobs – not cool. You should be upset about that. But words are just "words," they will not cut, slap, pinch, kick, stab, shoot or kill you. If you are happy with who you are and what you represent, you should not care about what anyone has to say about you. Don't fight against the words – they don't hit back! Fight against the actions that deny and discriminate!

June 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. uniqueladypoet

It was clearly stated in a comment but was missed by a lot of you "ranters"! Its not bullying that makes GLBT.. Whatever term is.. Its lack of support. A lot of gay people are being hypocrites. You want people to understand your point of you yet never try to understand others. Myself I'm the live and let live type. Let people feel as they should. I'm black and I was sheltered by racism but rather told to face the negativity head on and its made me a better person. (Only black PERSON in the whole school. Yeah..

Teach the youth to be stronger to grow tougher skins or else you adult gays are doing them a disfavor. Have a big brother big sister gay type program for those who lack support in their lives. The word n igga in any variation cease to hurt African American anymore because we grew tough skins and made a mockery of the word.
    Support your gay youths, empower your youth, don't hinder them by creating an unrealistic world where no one can speak their mind.

June 13, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Use To Be

Used to be a black man would be beat to death for whistling at a white woman in the deep South. Now, all he has to do is make a joke about the POSSIBILITY of his son being gay, and he's beat to death in the press.

June 13, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  41. cutie4yashootie

Uggh! Love the comparison to the "ever bring home a white girl" NOT! If I were to tell my son if he "ever brings home a black girl" ... I would be racist! I think its nasty. I am tired of the hate! Joke or not it only breeds more hate! Sorry he decided to loose control cause he is a funny guy! But also describing how he would kill his child just isn't cool!

June 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LMAO

Comedians aren't allowed to practice or be funny anymore apparently geez. I'm a huge fan of Dane Cook, George Carlin, and Robin Williams. They're always sayings nasty stuff, but its funny. But Christians bash gays every day and that's fine? Tracy is being singled out in my opinion. If every gay joke got this attention alot of people would be on the news lol Just my 2 cents.

June 13, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harry

What kind of twisted logic is that? Nobody said it was okay for Christians to spew their hatred onto gays, or anybody for that matter.

June 13, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. humberto

Malingering –

Main Entry: ma·lin·ger
    Pronunciation: \mə-ˈliŋ-gər\
    Function: intransitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): ma·lin·gered; ma·lin·ger·ing \-g(ə-)riŋ\
    Etymology: French malingre sickly
    Date: 1820
    : to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)
    — ma·lin·ger·er  \-gər-ər\ noun

June 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  44. jay

WasoneofthecommentsinretortregardingthattTracyshouldapologizetothecrewatnNBCbecausegaystherebuildthesetsandmakethecostumes?Really?

June 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. humberto

It wad the mothers fault.

June 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jayalonzo

I think what tracey morgan said was inappropriate for sensitive people. I've been called the n-word and several other words. I think if your concerned of what a comedian says about gays or lesbians might make you a little sensitive or insecure about yourself. It's opinions of others that tend to bother people. I don't understand. People are human beings...duh. we will say things that not all people will like..especially comedians. So i say to the sensitive human being learn to just say...it's their opinion and that doesn't represent who i am. otherwise you will get offended by anything someone say about being gay or being lesbian. It your gay or lesbian it's who you are. god bless

June 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Anthrofreak

These apologies never strike me as sincere. People just tell us what they think and feel and we react. People apologize because they are expected to, particularly if a sufficient amount of the populace or a powerful enough group is offended. Not because they are truly sorry. Sorry they got exposed, yes. But not sorry about how they feel. I think he's a closeted self-hater.

June 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jessica

Tracey was wrong. When gay teens are being bullied and killing themselves over it, it is unacceptable for someone to talk about stabbing a child for coming out. I don't believe that people, including those commenting here, should follow up his hateful rants with more hate. Some of the comments on this site do nothing but further hate. We can only hope that his apology is sincere and that he will follow his apology up with actions.

June 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

Young girls are starving themselves and cutting themselves because of weight and beauty image expectations, and yet fat jokes are perfectly okay in society. Talk about double standards.

June 13, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Tek

He did not apologize for what he said, he was apologizing because he got caught. People like this do not change their minds just because they were caught. You can bet he DOES feel this way.

Being a bigot is not illegal, just stupid.

June 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Ed in Colorado

An apology only states to the world what he did is not socially accepted, it does not change the way he feels about gays. No different then an addict seeking treatment, they only learn how to cope and not relapse, it doesn't change the feelings they have inside or the wants. As a gay man, I hear his apology as industry driven, not sincere.

June 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

People have to be able to apologize for their behavior so that they can grow and progress. Forgiveness is always the key. I think his peers have shown him that his behavior is unacceptable. I am sure some of those people are very close to him and they have offered him no excuses.

June 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

But that's just it though. People have just as much right to disagree with the gay lifestyle as you do to live it! It works both ways. I personally do not embrace it. I don't have to. That's my right. I also do not walk around bashing it. That's just common respect. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to be revolted by a lifestyle and yet still acknowledge that people have the right to live it. I'm revolted by rabid Christians too, but I respect people for their beliefs no matter how much I disagree with them. My overall point is that just because you find your lifestyle perfectly acceptable does not mean that everybody has to.

June 13, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ryan

Tracy Morgan is a riot! I defend him and anything said in a comedy club. You can't police the world, and if people weren't laughing when he made the joke is be surprised. Anyone who kills someone based off jokes in a comedy club needs to be killed themselves, because they are obviously nuts and any trigger wouldve set them off. Blaming a joke just isn't a viable excuse...

June 13, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Anthony

Can everyone read this article please. I believe it brings up a great point but still confuses me some...
    That being said very true about comedians as a whole. Lisa what'sherface rips on gays all the time right? We can make fun all we want but if it's lashing out like TM it's way too far? It's fair game or zero tolerance. No back n forth please.

June 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ryan

Heaven forbid anyone say anything bad about LBGT. In 20 years, when EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE views LGBT as normal, we'll be on to bestiality. In 20 years, some whack-job will say: "I love this horse(or whatever animal these freaks like). I want to marry it. And I don't give a care about what anyone else thinks." 20 years ago, LBGT ppl weren't flagrantly flaunted all over the world scene. Now that demoralizing lifestyle is everywhere! What stops bestiality from being next? Morals are getting disgusting. This world is going down...

June 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthrofreak

What does two consenting adult HUMANS have to do with a human and an animal? True idiocy. Now go sit at the kids table and stay out of grown folks conversation

June 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Michael

Is anyone really surprised that there isn't more outrage from the left? If this was Don Imus (remember the Rutgers incedent) or Howard Stern there would be an outcry to have them lose their jobs. Where's Al Sharpton and Rev. Jackson's response to the further marginalizing of this facet of our society.

Notice that the liberal media darling and co-star Tina Fey isn't chiming in. What if Sarah Palin is found to have written a private e-mail with similar thoughts. The war drums would be beating from every ivory tower in SoCal. You are all hypocrites.

Pile on him the way you would an conservative pundit or talk show host

June 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

Umm, she did chime in, and rather harshly. Read the article before commenting.

June 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Morgan

I think the biggest crime here is that this ignoramus has had a career this long. Regardless of him being contrversial he isn't funny. Which is worse when your a so called comedian.

June 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. D.C

Lets get this straight. Its perfectly OK for a bunch of IDIOTS to go and protest at the funerals of our fallen service members. yet we make hast to jastize a man doing his job

June 13, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

I agree. Regardless of political positions on war, a funeral is not the time or the place. A life was lost. PERIOD. Those guys are FREAKS!!!!!

June 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • ryan

Amen! The haters are the whinny unfunny people out here

June 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Posh-Kenneth

@ Brittney-Hitler told jokes too. Last I checked jokes can hurt as much as straight forward bullying. He has as much right to say it as people do at being offended.

I don't like Tracy Morgan personally, I don't like hate speech either (directed at Gays, Blacks, etc.). But I can also understand he's a comedian. Just because he was "joking" doesn't negate the fact that it was still offensive. Am I offended? No. Personally I hate children, but I can see how it IS bothersome to some. They can voice their stupid opinions just like you can yours. And I assure you... they're dumb.

June 13, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. aquaboy

I think he should be fired. If the situation was reversed the civil rights org. Wouldve already demanded it. Dont forget gay people stood and marched for civil rights for black people,and all. Stop making comedy an excuse for bigots.chis rock isnt funny anyways, and will boycott any "stars" who support any of the bs apologies that come out. 30 rock costars and employees need to stand up in unision to get rid of this bigoted loser.

June 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. disgusted

GOD SAYS THAT WE ARE ALL DIRT AND THAT OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS AS FILTHY RAGS. PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS AND SENSELESS ACTS OF BEAUTY.

June 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  60. jkl

As much as I find "humor" this kind offensive, this is the USA and we have a constiutional right to free speech. I don't like what this actor said, but he has a right to say it, same as others have a right to disagree. I worry though that some people on this blog are advocating censorship, not only of a comic in a club, but of ministers in churches, people from different political parties – in essence advocating throwing out the Constiution's protections. I don't think people should be fired for stating personal views unless it specifically states in their employment contract that they will represent their employer in a specific manner, including public appearances. Otherwise, many of the bloggers on this site could be fired for posting their opinon, or going to a different church than their employer, or for being in a different political party than their employer. I also disagree with criminalizing "hate speech". The reason is that Hate Speech can apply as broadly or as narrowly as the people in power decide. We already have laws regarding threats, abuse, discrimination that are well defined. A strict interpretation of "hate speech" could have half the people on this blog up on charges, considering all the insults and name calling going on.

I don't agree with most things people in Hollywood say, but I will continue to protect their right to speak their minds...no matter how wrong or stupid or morally reprehensible their words are.

June 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. george

Seems like the pot is talking to the kettle.

June 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Oreo

my gay son beat up your honor role student

June 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  63. disgusted

WOW! There sure are a lot of dense, narrow minded, bigoted mental midgets in here. It's not about STEREO TYPING ...it is about PROMOTING VIOLENCE and TARGETING MINORITIES in our society. It is just NOT FUNNY or okay to promote HATE CRIMES against anyone. Only those who think that way would see any humor in such UGLY EVIL and utilize it to validate their own SICK BELIEFS as okay. Especially by hearing it from a "QUOTE" celebrity. People get over HATING anything different than yourselves and find some HUMANITY. What does it feel like to be a TARGET in our society? Have you worn glasses, had braces, been called fat, lack upper level income, didn't graduate high school, have no college degree, ever been in jail, the list goes on and on for the "LESS THANS" in our society.
    It's about decency and respect for ourselves and our societies 'THE OTHERS'.

June 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. really

As the parent of a gay child I find it distasteful but if you dont apporve or like it,It's Called The Off Button!

June 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. NWA

Don't worry Tracy I'll stab your child if he's gay.

June 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  66. hunter82

He had a right to say what ever he wanted. Last I checked, we did have freedomof speech to what ever we like. If he don't like poop chute pirates/carpet munchers, he has his opinion and can say it freely. Why the big deal because he is a celeb? Why is it ok in society now to raise children in a world that now sees gay as being "ok"? Gay is disgusting, man or woman! Period!! Its not ok formen to bang men and women on women. Adam and eve not adam and steve! Humanity is its own worst enemy...

June 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Randy

I just poo'd myself

June 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Les

His stand up gig, his material, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Anyways, anyone who has been to a live comedy club better have a thick skin, especially if you are sitting up front. Tpp much griping in this world, not enough laughing.

June 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. disgusted

June 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  70. John Ruge

Why should any one take what he said seriously? After all it was just for fun and everyone knows that.
    I believe some people are just trying to set him up and its really wrong.

June 13, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. derp

Tracy Morgan would be a lot funnier, if he were funny.

June 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Joe Public

What was he thinking? Everyone knows that the only people you're allowed to make fun of is straight white males...

June 13, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

Exactly. We might as well all go and have targets tattooed on our foreheads. We are the big, bad evil now. Anything we say can and WILL be used against us in any context minority group X chooses to use.

June 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. fernace

Tracy or any 1 in this nation luckily has a rite to free speech. In the context of a comedy club we should be able to make fun of eachother, & feel free to laugh at the jokes. The PROBLEM was that nothing Tracy said was funny or "tounge in cheek"! It was derogatory, bashing ,& violent! In fact it could be concieved as threatning! It reminded me of when Michael Richards went off on an anti- Black rant! It was also not funny & totally inappropriate! If some comedian started to make miogynistic or anti-Semitic comments, alot of people would be offended & feel the need to speak up about it! We supposedly live in a civilized society, & while we have free speech we need to be civilized & responsible about what we say! And if you're a comedian, at least make your rant Funny, otherwise it's just b. s. BTW, kids these days use the N word as an all inclusive endearment term, they've made it a positive term now, like gays have done with derrogative terminology! Flip it & infuse positive power!!

June 13, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

The lead-in to the rant was actually misogynistic. Everyone is too busy spouting pro/anti gay gibberish to notice. Somehow I bet this is sarah palins fault.

June 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Boof

I can't believe anyone still takes Tracy Morgan seriously. He's been mentally unstable for years.

June 13, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kramer

Thanks for taking the heat off me!!

June 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Brett

this just confirms what we all already knew....tracy morgan is an awful standup comedian.

June 13, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  77. tjmaxwe

He said he would stab his black and gay child.

ONE DOWN......................

June 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Thekid

The problem here is not what he said. He was in a comedy club, and he DOES get a free pass to say whatever he likes. This is about censorship. This is America, you can say what you like in a club where people PAID to hear him. Tracy should have NO regrets.

June 13, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Blog Rapist

This blog is gay. I think im gonna have my way with its butt

June 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  80. thefrumepter

Seriously, the Christian religion is an afront to gays everywhere. Why don't we get rid of them? Because it's America and we are free to say what ever we please. You cannot regulate Morality. People can say whatever they want regardless of how ignorant it will be. I am so tired of all of this whinning! if you are gay and proud, good for you, AWESOME! but guess what? I don't need to hear about it everyday, I don't need to know every time something hurts your feelings. Sticks and stones, remember? now we are nation of whiney @$$ whiners! If you don't like what he has to say, don't support him? The problem is people are always all talk. Let's see, are you gay? do you have ATT as a service provider? do you know they are notorious for funding right wing campaigns? will that stop you from using your Iphone? No, why because you all are a bunch of hypocritcal whineres... put your money where you mouth is, if you really care about gay bashing, etc. do your research and boycott any company or businsess that has ever done anything anti-gay. but you won't you will just sit here and whine how hard it's been...we use to put up or shut up, now we just whine.

June 13, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neil

Boycott Target. They give to anti-gay conservative Republican candidates.

June 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  81. NWA

I can't believe it. They censored my black joke!

June 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Trekkie

So I guess we need to get on Bill Cosby's back now because he threatened his child during his act ("I brought you into this world, I can take you out). And what about "Mr. Sensitive," Don Rickles...he's on EVERYONE's case.

June 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Mammy

Dumb n word

June 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Greebo

Rabble rabble huff huff, why are we taking stand up comics seriously?

June 13, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

Because some people just can't live without a crusade to fight. I'm convinced that certain groups have people scouring all current media looking for anything that they can cause an uproar over. I'm a heavy, bald, white guy that plays computer games. Hey, guess what? Jokes abound. I'll bet some of you will come back with some nasty ones here in replies. It's called life folks. people are cruel, everyone disagrees, and we all have the right to express our views. Live with it or don't.....

June 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Nevis

How about the entire world stop worrying about people's opinions or comments about gays, race, religion or whatever other subjective/political arena we can think of. I don't care what Tracy Morgan's opinion of gay people is, nor do I care if he made a tasteless joke. Just worry about your own business and move on. This is the stupidest crap for our society and media to hang on.

June 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  86. justthefactspleez

He didn't say he would stab his son if he were gay. He said he would stab him if he came home sounding like a woman and acting feminine. Even my gay friends hate the way many of the 'flamers' present themselves and the gay community.

June 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  87. twisted

@Mark only thing O.J was guilty of was paying someone to do his dirty work. Blame the da for filing the wrong charge. The star wittness was a proven liar. So get over it he's 15 for robbery

June 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  88. nitrous

I heard Tracy gives great BJs though…

June 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kameron

I made a post about the recent Tracy Morgan fiasco. I think it pretty well sums up how I feel about it. http://thecynicalreport.blogspot.com/2011/06/tracy-morgan-does-what-comedians-do.html

June 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jeff Lebowski

Where's Carrot Top when you need him.

June 13, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Kate

I wonder how his son feels about this. If one of my parents said that about me in public I would seriously consider disowning them.

June 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  92. free speech

Yes we do have freedom of speech. I don't think Tracy was thrown in jail for what he said. People who are expressing how appalled & upset they are by what he said ALSO have freedom of speech. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

June 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Chris

Bet he keeps his job, though.

June 13, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fight Reverse Racism

Yup. Because he's not White.

June 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brittney

He should keep his job.. and not because he's not white... but because he made comments in an event not sponsored by his employer.. Fight idiocy!!

June 13, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Tim

it was a joke, people! Tracey rocks!

June 13, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Bob

We need more comedians like Tracey, not afraid to say whats on their minds without worry of supressive correctness!
    Go Tracey!!!

June 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  96. me

its js a joke, i spoke 2 a few gay ppl about it, n they have no problem. its js the media taking it this far

June 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Straight guy

Tracy morfan usually performs drunk (probably high on sumthing too) so he probably didn't realize what he was saying. That's part of being a comic, saying outrageous things just to get a laugh. I thought it was funny. U shouldnt have to apologize for saying anything while doing stand up. The only reason he is apologizing is because his people don't want him to ruin his image. Gays, grow some thicker skin n dont worry aboit stand up comedians. You will b up in arms ur while life because ur funny

June 13, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

You sound completely ignorant to the plight of millions of gay people all over the planet.

June 13, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

No offense, but why should we ALL constantly be paying attention to the "plight"? I mean seriously. There are millions of people starving to death all over the world. There is human slavery, sweat shops, and child labor. There is rampant disease killing children. And yet, people seem to think the "plight" of the GLBTDPNVDS community is the biggest tragedy ever. Seriously people, put it in perspective and get your priorities straight.

June 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. rican

I thought we had freedom of speech. This is America right if you didn't like what Tracy said then walk out and try to get a refund. Plus it's only a joke that's all no harm done.

June 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bertha

Unfortunately for you he works for NBC, which has millions of dollars in advertising money coming its way every week. Those advertisers do get a say in where they spend their money. The people who buy those products will naturally have a say in what products they will spend their hard earned dollars on.

June 13, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  99. steve

does tracy have ANY IDEA HOW FACIALLY 'UGLY' AND REPULSIVE HE IS TO LOOK AT. DAMN! HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM APPEARING ON ANY STAGE OR TV...BECAUSE HE IS JUST TOOOOO DAMN UGLY TO LOOK AT!!!!!!!!WORD. FORGET A BOUT ANY DUMB-ASS THING HE SAYS!!!!!

June 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  100. OOPPS!!!

Like my mom always says "Nothing hurts you, but what comes out of your mouth".

June 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  101. sarcasm

Wow people are actually taking him seriously? If youve ever seen him in an interview he can be trusted as much as Zach Galifinakis, nothing he says in public is serious as he is always portraying some character. God forbid these people dont see the news quoting a celebrity saying the "Aristocrats" joke out of context.

June 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  102. River Somme

There's a double layer of irony in Morgan's humor. It takes some contemplation for the uninitiated. If you already get it, Morgan's stuff, even this gay stuff, is hysterically funny.
    Whomever is incited to violence by Morgan's act...well, they might do do with a little stabbing.

June 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  103. lydia

Jambones, you are inherently defective. If I had a choice, I would wipe you, and people who are born defective like YOU, off the planet.

June 13, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. joe

wanda sykes wants to protect our kids? shes loking out for herself not kids.being gay is a choice, nothing more than a sick fetish .

June 13, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  105. David

Get over it, people! I dread the thought of living in a country where I have to have a pre-written apology for just about anything I say. Tracy Morgan is edgy – always has been, always will be. I thought it was a funny line, and I hope his so-called friends realize it was said in jest.

June 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Matthew

So they will blow up at Tracy Morgan for his comments but not at Bill Maher for his hate speech about religion. I see double standards in Hollywood.

June 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • DoubleTap

did you just wake up or something? what double standards, Hollywood is right, everyone else is wrong, you should all obey hollywood and your philandering politicians

June 13, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

well said bill maher is a dooshbag

June 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

Not to mention how Hollywood depicts blacks and latinos. They are always criminals, in jail, or act thuggy in all the movies. I would say 90% of all blacks and latinos I have met are decent people. No wonder everyone is afraid of them though with the hate music and movies that come out of Hollywood.
      I would love to see every director, producer, writer, and most actors fired and a whole new crop brought in. Perhaps we would see an improvement in our movies and entertainment industry.

June 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patty

Bill Maher has never advocated violence against religious people – he just doesn't share their views. Yes, he makes fun of religion and the religious, but doesn't say the religious should all be stabbed. Comparing the two comics is wildly off-target. The last time I checked, this was a free country, and you don't HAVE to be religious. Even in a free country, however, stabbing someone is illegal; and when that someone is a minority, the repercussions are ugly in the extreme. Bill Maher is funny (whether you agree with him or not – and if you don't, change the channel); Tracy Morgan was tasteless and offensive, though since he lives in the USA, he is free to say whatever he wants – and we can ALL change the channel.

June 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

Bill Maher is a master of sophistry. He is a disgraceful, hateful person.

June 13, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Damn yank

Why...of course celebs would react to such a trivial thing, they are so f*ing rich they don't have to worry about finding a job, feeding their families, or putting a roof over their heads.

Otherwise, more important matters would offend them....like low employment rate, poor health plans, and rising food costs. It would be nice one day if celebs you rally for a cause that really matter, to use their celebrity status on issues that are really important instead of getting their panties bunched up over what some funny comedian said.

Grow an f*ing spine, because *believe it or not* their are worse things going on in the country these days.

June 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  108. trigtwit...America's favorite tard baby.

I like to play with my tally whacker when mama Sarah isn't looking.

June 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. DoubleTap

WOW what a different world we live in today, being PC is very chic, speaking your mind is poor judgment – such hypocrites

June 13, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Portland

Exactly. While i do not agree with his humor involving violence toward a child, I am sick and tired of the GLBTQCOXWGXI community acting like it has special privileges and getting all butt-hurt (yes, I said it's a term, go ahead and be offended) whenever somebody treats them exactly the same way everybody else is treated. Why should they be exempt from human cruelty? Nobody else is? I thought it was about equality? True equality cannot happen until everyone treats everyone else exactly the same. No exceptions, no privileges, no preferential treatment. Grow the he11 up America!

June 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Lenny Marshman

Tracey Morgan: the "white" Michael Richards! (how's HIS career going lately, by the way?)

June 13, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  111. grnpckl2

Anyone who has seen a comedian's live show can attest to the fact that they are generally in poor taste. The shock factor is half the fun. I don't know whether this was a "rant" or just a comedian flexing his comediac wings, but I do know that if most of ANY comedians show were put in black and white print, it would be offensive. It's taken out of context at that point. Yes, it sounds pretty rough, but without being there, I don't think you can accurately judge. As many others have said, why is it a free for all, but not with gays? And I am extremely liberal, for the record.

June 13, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  112. chi28

Why is so much attention given to his comments? It is just his opinion and Im sure there are alot of people who think that way but wont say it. I feel like everyone is so sensitive about what is said. Why do people care so much? If you dont like what you hear then dont listen to it.

June 13, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  113. CC

I am gay and I don't care that he made a joke about not wanting his son to be gay. But why on earth did he have to use the word "stab" in reference to his own child? That is sick and twisted and not even close to being comedic material. I think he is terrible on 30 Rock and I never watch it because I do not like his so called comedy. I am so glad Tina busted him out for his comments. She is so extremely talented. Love her.

June 13, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Wanda

Wanda Sykes is a no-talent racist hack. Who cares what she has to say? Shes probably a lesbian because no man would be with her ugly self.

June 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

She is openly gay. Should we now bully her on her physical appearance? You just don't get it.

June 13, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee

U Do know shes married to a white woman? So I doubt she's a racist.

June 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  115. cindy

Just as comments or jokes about African-Americans are not tolerated, those comments and jokes about gay people should not be tolerated. Tracy Morgan is an idiot.

June 13, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  116. Jaun Valdez

Kids are bullied all the time for multiple reasons, being gay is one of them. Most kids who kill themselves don't have support from their friends and family. Blaming a bully is just displacing the blame and honestly everyone needs to mind their own family and take care of their home no matter how diverse it is.

June 13, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Don

Now we are passing out free passes to bullies? Your logic has left the building.

June 13, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MadCityBabe

who is Tracey kidding? He only apologized because the "right" people didnt like it and found it offensive; which I'm sure it was......................

June 13, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Barnaby Jones

Tracy wants to eat some of Tinay Feys doo doo.

WAYZ DUH WHITE WOMENZ?

June 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  118. WJ

Doesn't he know that it's only cool to make fun of Christians and people like that? How dare he say anything against the gay community? They are untouchable. What a bunch of hypocrites!!

June 13, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Let's see now. The church has been in power for 2000 years and the gay community has stood up for themselves since about 1972. Who are you trying to kid?

June 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Making fun of gays is boring since some of them have a sense of humor. Christians on the other hand flip out the second you say something like, "Jesus was black or arabic."

June 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Punkass

I with you on this. Ridiculous. No ones allowed to say anything about the gay community but its perfectly alright to call catholics pediphiles and insult ppl's religous beliefs. Tracy mad a joke, which granted wasnt a good one but I hardly think it promotes violence againts gays. Prety soon there wont be any comedians because we are all turning so damn PC.

June 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Swearengen

Is it me or does it seem that many people go throght their lives just looking for things to be offended by? Tracy is a (filthy) stand up comic. Ever see "Tracy Morgan – Black & Blue" on HBO The Blue stands for blue language that is used quite liberally throughout his performance. A lot of bad things are discribed and said in stand up comedy – not just Tracy's brand of stand up (Ever see the Aristocrats?) That is the beauty of living an a free society. We are free to say anything we want. Even ridiculous hurtful, stupid things – that is our right. People need to start living their own lives and stop being offended by what others do. If you want to be outraged about something be outraged that America is painfully behind 16 other nations in terms of education. Be offended that still in the 21st century there is homelessness in our (supossedly) great nation. Be offended that we are loosing our culture to mindless reality television and cookie-cutter sellouts in music and movies. Be offended that we still don't have healthcare for all of our country's people. Stop being offended by what other say and do. Live your own lives. That is the beauty of freedom. You are free not to listen so don't and get off your soap boxes.

June 13, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Those FREEDOMS work both ways. They are a two lane highway and I get to object any old time I like.

June 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

Yes you get to object but you don't get to Censor.

June 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

You take this so-called freedom for granted when you use it to spread hate, period. Where's the middle-ground ?

June 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Daniel

Since when do people have a right to Not be offended?

June 13, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  121. jj

I understand that when any artist throws something out there, especially the first time, they have no real idea how well it will be taken, or how funny it is. That said, this was not funny, it was not comedy. It was revolting! If he didn't realize it at the time – he does now. Likely in his heart, these are his true feelings.
    And what parent really wants to hear their child say 'dad, I'm gay'. It doesn't fit our mindset. But it's a process, and we work with it.
    AND – why would anyone go to see Morgan on stage – I watch 30 rock, and find him a weak link. I wouldn't walk up the street to see him perform – for free. But I can't wait to see the new 'Odd Couple' remake on Spike – with Morgan and Sheen!

June 13, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  122. GRR

Are CNN comment screen folks asleep? Some of the comments are disgusting. Tracy was wrong and he apologized. He was irresponsible because he added violence to his "joke." The condemnation will send a message to not kid about violence directed at anyone. I am certain that Tracy was going for the laughs using exaggeration, not advocating violence against gays.

June 13, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  123. JS

Interviewing so called "Celebs" at the TONY AWARDS- about Tracy Morgan is like interviewing attendees at a NAACP conference about a KKK member.

June 13, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  124. amanda

well, i am glad he's saying something human about another human who erred just like the rest of us do. i hope he would have said the same thing if weiner had been a republican.

June 13, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  125. Marie

SORRY my bad: i meant blacks should make jokes about BLACKS!!!

June 13, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  126. Ren

It's amazing to me that Hollywood is not upset that Tracy Morgan said the N word in this same joke too abourt his son .If Hollywood trying to be pc (Wanda Sykpe who said Rush Lumbaugh should DIE from Kidney/liver failure), Hollywood needs to be PC all across the board, not gay pc pnly. I'm sure some black people working at NBC Tina Fey was upset that Tracy used the N word. in his act too. If not,why hmmmmm
    Every person with a brain knows if you go to a comedy show ,the comedien is going to talk about EVERYBODY good or bad so if GLADD and Hollyowwd is not going to call Tracy over the N word too shut the f** up and keep it moving..there are people of color being bullied,and killed because this N word was used..

June 13, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  127. Marie

While in public: Whites should make jokes about whites, blacks should make jokes about whites, gays should make jokes about gays, and so on! this way nobody will take jokes as a personal affront! While in private just make fun of anyone, tha's part of life, but life threatens should never be done!!!

June 13, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Marie M.

Gays are very accustomed to being the punchline and the punching bag. What they are not comfortable with is stabbed adolescent gay bodies littering the suburbs.

June 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  128. vaughn greeneName*

Get over it people

June 13, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  129. mm

Father of a gay son: You should not threaten others with therapy solely because you disagree with them. Otherwise go live in a communist nation where all the people are programmed like robots to agre with the powers that be.

June 13, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Father of a gay son

Threaten? I was a simple educated suggestion. And I would speak up for my son and minorities no matter what country I was in.

June 13, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Father of a gay son

Threaten? It was a simple educated suggestion. And I would speak up for my son and minorities no matter what country I was in.

June 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

authorities sometimes try to silence critics by accusing them of tax violations or other nonpolitical crimes. The FBI refused to comment on the case.

June 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

OMG mm – "threatening" people with therapy- that's quite a stretch. Jumping to the COMPLETE POLAR OPPOSITE in order to make your point shows someone in bad need of at least self-analysis. Rookie move.

June 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  130. mm

Free speech also includes that speech you find offensive. Mr. Morgan had every right to say what he did. There is no controversey. If you don't like what he said, then change the channel. That is what you liberals always tell others to do.

June 13, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  131. vaughn greeneName*

Get over it freaks

June 13, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  132. The Mad R@p3r

What's up with the pic cnn is using for this article? Why is Tracy in a dress and when did he grow his hair out?

June 13, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  133. PC Police

LGBTQ!? Can we get maybe 2-3 more letters in there...I know we can. To say that his comments were "dangerous" is giving too much credit to the level of influence Tracy Morgan holds over the American Public. His words and opinions aren't reaching that many people. If someone else had said it then this kind of reaction would be well deserved, but come on it's Tracy Morgan...the guys isn't even a C list celebrity.

June 13, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Rodney

I don't care if you are my bigoted Uncle Joe. If you say something out of line I will respond. I don't care if you don't like my response. If you don't have the decency to keep feces in your mouth, then I have a right to a reply.

June 13, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Yeah, I don't even want to know what the Q stands for.

June 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Corvus1

Should have fired his stupid @$$ on the spot, Tina.

June 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  135. Jack T

Chris Rock, a racist, is throwing Tracy Morgan under the bus? Tracy Morgan only hates part of humanity,Gays. Chris Rock hates an entire RACE, Caucasions!

June 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • ficheye

I love Chris Rock. This discussion is morphing into a discussion on racism. Focus, people!

June 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Christina

I think everyone has the right to have their own opinion. If he has a problem there is nothing we can do that's on him. Only God is one to judge. The only reason it's a big deal is because he's famous. If he wasn't famous then nobody would have a say so.

June 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  137. Bruce Alon

If he can't make comments like this then the gays will never have equality. If you rule this out then you might as well rule out a black making fun of a white, a white making fun of a mexican, a man making fun of a woman...I mean seriously. The GLBT community is all about equality and tolerance so they need to suck it up and get made fun of like the rest of us. Just like illegals immigrants are being allowed to trample our country's laws and welfare system, a small sect of people wanting equality are being allowed to trample on the majority of Americans. Treat them as humans yes, but bow to every demand or treat them better than anyone else...no.

June 13, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Dondie

The routine was about a gay child being stabbed to death for being gay and the laughter that ensued. This has nothing much to do about gay people in general.

June 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  138. T

Tracy spoke the truth about his beliefs. He can apologize for saying it all he wants, but an apology doesn't change your beliefs.

NBC needs to take a stand and fire him.

June 13, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Brittney

So NBC should fire him for stating his beliefs?

June 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Veronica

Yes Brittany! When your beliefs come from the KKK, Skinhead, Taliban, Nazi or Fascist playbook you should be censored.

June 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • gerno

Fired, what has America this country come to we all are grown. A man has a right to raises his child to the way he see fit. Worry bout your own kids and stop worry bout everyone else. If people do this the world would be much better

June 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • lkj

Come on guys. You can't throw out the Constiution because a comic said something morally reprehensible. As wrong as the guy was, he has a right to a job that doesn't discriminate based on personal, religious or political views..same as you do. Go ahead and demand another apology, social work, whatever it takes for him to "atone", but if you start firing people because they disagree with you, eventually you will be the one fired because you don't agree with the people in power. It's small steps like this that eventually lead an upstanding nation like Germany to the horror that was Nazi Germany. Don't deal with ignorance and discrimination with more discrimination. Reason is the more mature path.

June 13, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brittney

Not to mention that he made comments under his own accord, at his own show, i.e. not one sponsored by NBC. People seem to forget this tidbit.

June 13, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

Doesn't entertainment news do stuff like that ?

June 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Yes

The only thing that sucks about this whole story is him apologizing.

June 13, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  140. Recovering Catholic

Isn't that what Catholic parents always say to their kids??????

June 13, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  141. Brittney

I think this was blown over and out of proportion. People like to say that he was out of line because of increases in bullying, particularly of gay kids. But, they fail to realize that he was at a comedy show, albeit one requiring attendees of age 18+. His jokes were neither videoed nor recorded, except for that on the disgruntled show attendee's Facebook page. Grow some skin folks, this is just another example of how the country is becoming pussified.

June 13, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Only an apologist for such reprehensible behavior would use the word pussified in a conversation about gay-bashing.

June 13, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Brittney

Why thank you.. for providing evidence to my point. People just look for ways to be offended..

June 13, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  142. s.wilson

What happen to "sticks and stones...but names will never hurt me"! We are such a soft society now, with bullying and everything. Come on people, when we stop saying *igger, then, and only then, will there be some change. First amendment anyone?

June 13, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • why

Exactly! Do the whites have our own TV show like the blacks (BET)? Do the whites have our history month? (Black History month), Do the straights have our own Alliance? (The Gay And Lesbian Community). Do the whites have a couple ministers to come out every time an incident happens to a blacker person (Al Sharpton, Rev. Jackson?)
      NO we do not. Why?

June 13, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

@ why- we do. its called the KKK. Look it up.

June 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maryann

Why? Because white, straight people are not discriminated against.

What is wrong with you? Do you live under a rock? Are you dense on purpose?

June 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Capt. Morgan

Get a little Captain in YA!
    With a name like Tracy aren't you automatlically gay?

June 13, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  144. Rock Singer

You know, this is getting a little ridiculous, first it was the blacks and now the gays, don't you think people are being a little to sensitive. For years black comedians have been making jokes about there own race, comedians like Redd Fox, Richard Pryor etc. I think the gays are being a little to sensitive (ha, pun intended) and should lighten up a bit, no one was trying to kill them off, just cracking a joke that has been going on for years. Tracy Morgan is harmless and wouldn't hurt a fly, for gods sake he's just a comedian doing his job of trying to make people laugh.

June 13, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Angel

You are invited to the next rash of gay adolescent funerals from suicide. If you are not gay you will never understand the harm of gay bashing.

June 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • lkj

unitl gay people can be made fun of like everyone else, they will not be accepted into mainstream society.

squashing free speech is just not a good idea.

June 13, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Angel

We are not talking about gay people in general. This was a comedy routine about a gay child who the comedian ( I use the term loosely) thought should be stabbed to death. Gay bashing adolescents and infanticide has nothing to do with all gay adults.

June 13, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Greebo

Yeah, I'm sure Tracy was really serious about stabling his son... sigh

June 13, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • finally

The first post that makes the most sense of all. People have got to lighten up, geez! Everyone is so sensitive and they can't take jokes anymore. If suicide is so high among the gays, then that is deeper in their souls than just being gay. Something else is wrong deeper. I have the best of friends that are gay and you can make all the jokes about it, they laugh right along why? Because they have loving families and they have strong sense of self worth.

June 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • blah

Even if he wasn't serious, I don't see how a joke about murdering your son is funny. Its in poor taste no matter what the context. I couldn't care less if he makes fun of gays or anyone else, but to frame it within the idea of killing your child seems like a weird, creepy choice...

June 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock Singer

News Flash ...this came across the news wirer...Comedian Tracy Morgan has just killed his son for being gay. He later found out that he wasn't gay and now regrets his crime but said it was all started by the media backlash by the gay community because they started a joke about not liking black comedian...this is about ridiculous as all that. In other words THIS X's THAT. LOL

June 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • helloeyes

Downplaying the hatred simply because it was said in the context of humor does not make it appropriate, or funny.

June 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  145. JoePub

Americas funny bone has gone missing.

June 13, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • gincoleman

An online friend of mine in Austrailia was murdered with an ax by his stepfather for being gay a few years ago. There's a reason we want to squash hateful speech like a bug, even if it wasn't "serious". That stuff ripples out into the community where people do take it seriously. Hateful words from celebrities left unchecked are multiplied a thousand times over and gay people do wind up beaten and stabbed to death.

June 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • stwebb

America's funny bone missing just might be a good thing! Making fun, bullying, putting down races, etc needs to go away!

June 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  146. freedom of speech

I do not get all this it was a joke was it not he was doing his act lets lighten up america let a comic be a comic if you do not like the joke don't laugh if its funny laugh if its sad cry

June 13, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

We can still have a broader discussion about the pain caused by such vile words, the currently high suicide rates of gay adolescents and the almost universal laughter in the room that night.

June 13, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • dianee

ii agree with you completely. you cant read the so-called news anymore and just get news. it has become the 'whose career can we detroy now' tabloid b/s. who cares what a politician did behind his personal computer or what a celebrity said during his show...the one that he does to make a living. if people dont like it, they can get up and leave the room, turn off whatever theyre watching, close the newspaper or whatever.

June 13, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • stwebb

That's why I cancelled my TV service! There's NOTHING on. I'd cancel my internet service, but then it'd be kind of a bin laden existence!

June 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • no name

Punctuate!

June 13, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Anthony Weiner

YEA!! Bad Tracy. Who does he think he is (I hope this takes some attention off me).

June 13, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • duckhuntking

HAHAHA awesome sir .

June 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hillary Clinton

Until more pictures show up on the internet of you, as they are today, then you will have a few moments of distractions, but I beleive you will still be in the spotlight for a few more days. SORRY! STOP Sending pictures and then you can stop being in the spotlight!!

June 13, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony's babe

Hey Anthony, you're in all this trouble, and yet you are still sending me these pictures of your crotch? I'm sending these to CNN!!! You won't learn, will you?

June 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big George in Big D

Not likely, a$$

June 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Dave

If he had come out and slammed Christians or Republicans nobody would have batted an eye. But becuase he said something against gays, the PC world is in an uproar. This is the reason nobody with any sense will take these folks seriously. If you say something against the wrong people, its wrong to say something derogatory about folks. If you say it against another set of people, who cares.

June 13, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • lessy

Adolescent Republicans aren't committing suicide in high numbers.

June 13, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • mb2010a

Yes, they are...and their parents are committing suicide by voting Republican.

June 13, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Damon

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christians bash gays every Sunday. We should monitor the clergy for hate speech and deal with them accordingly.

June 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Difference

There is a big difference between making a joke, and going off on a rant.

June 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Moniter churches? I thought this was American and not a communist country? The PC gay mafia is awful. I don't like what Tracy said, but blaming religion and politics for adolescent suicides is outrageous. I believe everyone who commits suicide is responsible for their destructive behavior. To use it as a convenient excuse to persecute Christians is truly SICK!

June 13, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Elaine

Lets face facts. The church is the root of gay bashing. However the church HATES when the table is turned.

June 13, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Slowgun

yea, its just horrible how those poor Christians or Republicans are treated these days.
      They aren't allowed to married who they love.
      Society still thinks its ok to make fun of them and treat them as second class citizens
      Religious leaders call them an abomanation.
      yea, it really tough to be a christian or a republican these day...good point (on the top of your head)

June 13, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • S.C. Weller-Washington

I agree.You are brave for even making this tiny remark because the PC community are revved up and waiting w/ their torches and pitch forks!

June 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Rockboy106

Why is it that when somebody uses the "N" word they are permanently removed from a show or bullied into leaving like Imus from Al Sharpton, but if you Gay bash, all you have to do is apologize and all will be forgotten. Different standard set by hypocritical blacks who only seek justice for themselves and no one else.

June 13, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  150. joyce mallory

Enough already! It's done and the comments of those and their bashing him is just as bad. apology accepted! on to the next item?

June 13, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Geoff

Well Joyce, maybe you should just turn off your computer, television and phone if you don't like the fact that people are upset about Tracy Morgan. What he said isn't a small issue, it's a very real problem and danger to glbts everywhere. Grow up!

June 13, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Thinker

I think you're off base. He would stab his child to death if he were gay? How is that funny??? I hope he does not have children. If he does thay should be removed. No one that sick and vile should be around children.

June 13, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • franny glass

um, well i'm not threatening to stab him to death for being a hetero male so i guess my calling him an a55hole for the stuff he said isn't "just as bad".
      work out your own issues privately lady.

June 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  151. InYourFace

WAIT A MINUTE...............Why is the media making a big deal about Morgan's comments regarding gays? If Morgan made comments regarding stabbing and shooting another black person....then that's acceptable and no one would make a sound.

June 13, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Ramona

Well, you completely missed the boat. He did make the statement toward a black person. That black person was his son. He even called him a little "Ni–er".

June 13, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • stwebb

Black on black crime is no longer a crime. At Pan Pacific park I hear them call each other the N word at the basketball courts. What they do to each other is OK these days! Oh...and FYI...I fall into the "African American" classification; I just choose not to act like one! And no I don't act white either...I am just me.

June 13, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • WHAT

shut up!!! he was wrong!!! let him get thrown under the bus like all other celebs do when they mess up

June 13, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • yummy

Gee where's Dave Chapelle when u need him?

June 13, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • mark

There's always one.
      You're the same idiot that thinks OJ is innocent, right?

June 13, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  152. Maverick

Is the apology sincere or is is just so people will get off his back? I have heard many public figures apologize for the sake of apologizing but they cannot back it up. And the one he owes the biggest apology to is his son. "Funny man" (yet to be proven) or not, you don't make a comment like that against your own children.

June 13, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • David L.

I truly feel that the apology was sincere. I don't condone what he says, but I can understand the scenario in which it played out. Tracy Morgan has always been a shock comic, getting a rise out of people by saying things that would be inappropriate outside the comedy club. He was trying out a new set of jokes, and he crossed a line, and these new jokes are inappropriate everywhere. I imagine he is actually very disappointed with himself, and I feel like his apology was sincere and heartfelt.

June 13, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • sarcasm

no it was fake, he really would stab his children if they were gay, he was clearly being super serious and was not trying to be ridiculously over the top so people would know he was joking

June 13, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ingy

Cham- you should look into yourself and try to understand why you are so violent. Not enough of daddy's love I think.

June 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • koleron

We can look into the stoning abominations again as soon as we go back to feeding Christians to lions.

June 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  153. John Wayne

Wow, and all along I thought Tracy Morgan himself was gay. Self-hating much?

June 13, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  154. LumberJack

Chris Rock is just as much a butthole and here again with his typical floundering.

June 13, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • chuck

Chris Rock compared the intellectual leverage of Tracy Morgan's statements to that of Gary Busey's. I would compare any of Chris Rock's statements to the intellectual leverage of Andy Dick.

June 13, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  155. Guy

"Morgan apologized Friday for his remarks which included saying he would stab to son to death if he ever discovered her was gay."

Proofreading is essential.

June 13, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • A jar of almonds

If you want to see an offensive (and hilarious) white comedian, look up some of Daniel Tosh's stand-up. The things he says are just awful (but yet again, hilarious). So you really can't say that "black comedians get away with things white comedians don't."

June 13, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • serita_rebutal

@ Serita – now when did this become a black issue? To add to you irrelevant point on "African American comedians have been given a free pass for much too long" you need to watch South Park. That tv show has been expressing its racist artistic expressions for years but most of the African American community see it as comical and "artistic expression", not to mention its anti-gay episodes.

June 13, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • serita

Was Tosh the only politically incorrect white comedian you could come up with from the last couple of decades? We are talking about gay adolescents here. Not gay adults. He said he would kill a gay child. He said he would stab his black and gay child.

June 13, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Pennswoodsman

was that rant any worse than Michael Richard's racist rant? Richards directed his at audience memebers he was mad at, which I guess makes it a little worse. But, you see my point, right?

June 13, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Butch

Great! Jambone just took every gay stereotype and ran with it. Until all of the science about gay people comes rising over the mountain he prefers to scorch them out of hand. If you showed up to the gay bars I go to you wouldn't find whiny gay boys. You would find several boots up your stereotypical gay bashing a_ _.

June 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Wow, Jambones. You must be a miserable human being.

June 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • eric

i dont understand this is this a joke or did you read it wrong

June 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Citytreker

Tosh O. comedy is different than Tracey Morgan's rant. Morgan's rant is hate speech. Tosh O. does not practice hate speech.

June 13, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • @serita Rebuttal

i think you missed the entire point of southpark...they discriminate equally and in affect, give the viewer a lesson through their social commentary.

June 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron

It pains me as a 63 y/o black man to see blacks under 45 display this kind of hatefulness and discrimination. Morgan has no clue the type of offensive, oppressive and discrimination blacks suffered in the 60's and before. Things are much better for him and for him to be so hateful is a disgrace. After all the suffering and killing blacks endured in order for a punk like Morgan to have a better life and he turns out to be no better than the bigots that oppressed blacks and other minorities. People lost their lives to make a better life for him and this is how he repays them? He should be fired.

June 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

It was alright to plaster prime time news with obama in boxer shorts and Putnin in briefs ?

June 13, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ "@serita Rebuttal"

Does it matter whether the show gives "the viewer a lesson through their social commentary"? How many people will watch South Park and "learn" some social justice from many of the episodes? People watch South Park to get entertained by the foolishness portrayed instead of grasping the lessons learned. Besides it does not hide the fact that the show makes racist and gay jokes to which we view as comical and brush it off as art and freedom of speech. This goes on to show that Morgan’s jokes should be viewed in the same way, comical and freedom of speech.

June 13, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • And now, for something completely different

How did this become a conversation about race? Does everything have to circle back around to race? He made some very inappropriate remarks concerning the gay community, and child abuse. It becomes a race thing because he is black? Unity is further than I thought...

June 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

@Serita convo- I'm sorry but you've obviously never seen South Park and know nothing of the creators. They are two of the most tolerant, self aware, accepting people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Life is about learning, not everyone is blessed just coming into the world and knowing what is right. You live and you learn. Luckily I was blessed with parents that supported me and loved me no matter what. They were also smart enough to teach me to go looking for answers instead of passing judgement with no information beyond typical media and reviews. I'm sorry you weren't blessed with the ability to research a topic before responding.

South Park is a socially relevant show that covers a variety of topics (not always, sometimes an episode is purely silly) that the kids find themselves learning from or being affected by. Watch a whole season of episodes (not just the ones that fuel your point) and you'll see what the other commentor and myself are saying. Don't attack something you have no personal knowledge of. It just makes you sound lazy and stupid.

June 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babiyaga

@BRooke-South Park and Philosophy: You Know, I Learned Something Today
      was actually written not to long ago, it goes over their general philosophy, etc. Also if you look online serita convo contributors you'll find several lists of people who have actually learned the lessons taught on the show. Sure it isn't the direct approach at tolerance but at least they're trying. Can you say the same?

June 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

My God, and the news said something about Baldwin running for Mayor.

June 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

What the hell do people think Mayors do all day ?

June 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

Um Guy, I don't know where you got that quote from, but this specific story didn't write that. Perhaps you should read closer befor making a random comment that has nothing to do with the story?

June 14, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • jt

I havent heard it, but comedians are just that comedians. listen to some of the many other 's who say disgusting things
      and no one says anything. but say somethiong about gay's who arent even 5% of the entire population ( i know it's low)not exact on numbers. it was supposed to be just for his audience and that's it. I dont think he should have to apologize for anything. it's nothing but political correctness. let's just start a list of what comedians can no longer talk about. pretty soon there will be no more comedians and nothing will ever be funny again

June 21, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  156. anna

ABSOLUTELY11

June 13, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  157. Karenq

The 7th graders are out in force today.

June 13, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  158. Evan

And so I guess murder is glorious if you can find some way to justify it? You are sick.

June 13, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  159. Brittney

Glorified??? How about JOKING?

June 13, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  160. gincoleman

I don't agree with the Christian "lifestyle". Should I advocate the murder of Christian children? Is that okay? (Don't you dare get sensitive about it.)

June 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Annie

No amount of hunting and fishing is going to turn a gay boy straight. Don't waste your time.

June 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Scott

Don't care if you "agree" with the Christian lifestyle... Also, ain't gonna give you grief for expressing that... But this growing belief that you're not allowed to say anything bad about hom-os-exu-ality is B.S.

And nevermind the hunting and fishing, how about being able to turn on the Cartoon Network and not seeing two boys kissing?

You're right. No amount of hunting and fishing will reverse the huge onslaught of g-ay friend propaganda being force down kids throats. It's funny how this agenda is being FORCED on those too young to even understand what "choices" they're making.

June 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Scott

So let me get this straight (Pun intended) If you're a Democrat, or somewhat liberal, then you have to support the g-ay agenda???

I'm both liberal, black, a Democrat, and male who grew up in a "liberal" environment. I still don't agree with the ga-y life style, and if others were to be honest, they would spoil your view of what's deemed "liberal".

I'm no fan of republicans or "conservatives". I'm definitely Christian and don't shove that down anyone's throat... But I will tell you about it if you want to know? Just so you know, Democrat does not equal "Pro-g-ay"

June 13, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  164. LOL-Ing

@Kim Hordashian, It figures you are already bored with your soon to be husband. Great post!!!! I needed this laugh today, especially a MONDAY.

June 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Randy

I don't mind gay being forced down my kids throats. Just keep your bibles away from the esophagus's of my children. Conservatives are so big on the "forced down my throat" statement, as if they have never done any throat stuffing. As if they have never packed the courts with conservatives, backed anti-gay candidates and responded heavily at the polls to hot issues like gay marriage. Who is doing the throat stuffing here?

June 13, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  166. humberto

Finally, he set aside a room in the palace and there committed his indecencies, always standing nude at the door of the room, as the harlots do, and shaking the curtain which hung from gold rings, while in a soft and melting voice he solicited the passers-by.

June 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Diana

Randy you are one sick ticket. Just because a small group of Christians take things too far is stupid to judge all. Gays are nasty and disgusting and they are against nature. They are freaks just like yourself.

June 14, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  168. New York NIck

Well then spread your cheeks you momohumper. Shove your Christian Judaism Phobe crap up your azz since you don't mind it so much.

June 21, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |