Zach Galifianakis to Ke$ha: Your music is really bad
June 9th, 2011

Zach Galifianakis to Ke$ha: Your music is really bad

If you placed bets that a “Hangover III” is going to happen, odds appear to be in your favor. Not only has Warner Bros. launched into early talks with the writer of "Part II," but “Hangover” star Zach Galifianakis tells Rolling Stone that there’s indeed plenty of talk about a three-quel.

As speculated before, this movie would potentially drop the whole forgotten night scenario, and Galifianakis says the plot’s going to revolve around the Wolf Pack helping him escape from a mental hospital. “I’m getting fricking phone calls [about ‘Hangover III’] already,” he says in RS.

And it seems he’s taking those calls directly. According to Rolling Stone, the astronomical success of the “Hangover” franchise doesn’t mean Galifianakis has gone Hollywood: he’s still cruising around in his 1998 Subaru and staffs neither a publicist nor an assistant.

In fact, the comedian says he hasn’t taken well to his fame.

"I'm terrible about people wanting to take pictures with me," he says. “I'm a giant baby about it. They treat you like a cartoon. There's nothing you can do except make light of it. That's if I'm in the mood. Sometimes I get superbummed.”

Perhaps looking back on how far he’s come would lift his spirits; snippets from the 41-year-old actor’s resume could be a comedy reel of its own. There was the time that Nike reached out to him for a gig after “The Hangover” hit it big, but Galifianakis opened his conference call with the company by asking, “‘So, do you guys still have 7-year-olds making your stuff?’” And what do you know: He didn’t get the job.

A decade ago he was trying to create a “Saturday Night Live” sketch that would appease a then teenaged Britney Spears. He’d written something about the pop star being interviewed by “Entertainment Tonight” when, for no reason, her mouth starts bleeding. Spears didn’t appreciate his effort.

“I remember staring at the ground for, like, 20 seconds, just silent,” he says. “42,000 open mics, and I’m trying to impress an 18-year-old pop star.” His “SNL” career lasted for two weeks.

And while he's now in a much different place, Galifianakis still seems to have run-ins with teen pop singers. “I saw that Ke$ha woman the other day,” he says in his interview. "She was sitting by herself, and I walked up to her and said, ‘Listen, I got your e-mail. Your music is really bad! I don’t know who listens to it, but I imagine it’s, like, six-year-olds – and it’s a bad message.’"

Read the full interview with Zach Galifianakis when Rolling Stone hits newsstands on June 17.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Thomasena Penaflor

Howdy very nice web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also?I am satisfied to search out numerous useful info right here in the put up, we'd like work out extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

December 1, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Justinfreakinbieberlover!

well....her lyrics are good but her voice is annoying.. I rather hear like Miley sing ke$ha's songs.(: and the hangover is an awesome movie!!!! chyaa! I love Justin bieber btw. :) <3

July 15, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cubiczirkonia60647

Remember what I say! Today's Kesha is tomorrow's Shania.
    And by the way, she can sing. She's just being silly right now.

July 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tyler

Liberals are never happy.

July 2, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. David Knight

I just watched ZG 'Live at the Purple Onion" on Netflicks. What a waist of time! He showed up on stage hungover, but still managed to down at least 6 beers during the show. He spent a lot of time running his hands thru his sweaty hair and just sitting at the piano saying nothing. He also kept picking on an audience member – telling the guy he was going to ruin the DVD that was being recorded that night – I guess because the guy was older. Very mean & NOT FUNNY! Zach is a fat, drunk. I didn't even crack a smile during the entire video. Also,
    I felt like a idiot sitting in the theatre watching the Hangover & finally just walked out.

June 29, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. SJ

Doesn't anyone find it funny that he would say that her music is awful and sends a bad message when they actually play "right round" by flo rida and ....wait for it....ke$ha during the credits of the Hangover while the pictures are showing from the camera they find at the end. I find it oddly ironic. But whatever Ke$ha is fun, it's pop music, don't take it so seriously. And every pop star uses auto tune....in some way or another.......

June 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Other Guy

It's OK, Zach, you're far funnier than any of the crap on SNL. Keep on being one of the most honest people in Hollywood, dude!

June 22, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dr Frank N Furter

Agreed. And he isn't funny. So it looks like a tie.

June 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. yechno

who likes Ke$ha though? Such an easy, pointless target. Zach is a funny guy but seriously, making Hangover movies is never going to be artsy ironic, drop the act.

June 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. STeZen

Ke$ha is a musician, nothing more. I would say anyone that put their newly white-hot career on the line by rushing out "We R Wo We Are" is a worthy addition to the vapid, drunken stories "about last night." Oh wait, that describes both of the Hangover movies. Zach is an "A, dollar sign, dollar sign."

June 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gonzoaster11

Count me among those who find his antics entertaining. Whether he's giving his true opinions in humorous ways, (Things are often funny because they're true!), or says ridiculous things to get shock value only, it doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna laugh.

June 20, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. The Selfish Gene ...Simmons

This is like calling the kettle. Dude, you suck, you're yet another in a long line of recent hacks, you're not funny, you're not interesting, get off my bus stop billboards please. Off.

June 20, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. sf

I love Zach – it's refreshing that he still takes his own calls and actually talks to people. And his comedic talents are indisputable. Did anyone see him in Dinner for Schmucks ? Crappiest movie ever but the character he played almost made up for the 90 minutes wasted watching the rest of the movie. As for Ke$ha, the girl is making loads of money with her trashy style and trashier songs. I'm not personally a fan but it's not much different than what Britney Spears or Rhianna is doing. I just think it's cool that Zach G. tells everyone off regardless of money or fame.

June 16, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tamara

Kinda lovin' him. First he tells January Jones to act nicer, now this. It's like he's reading my mind.

June 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. woodrow

I'm thinking I would have very much like to have seen Britany Spears bleeding out the mouth. We all bleed out the mouth. It's a decidedly human thing to do.

June 13, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rocky

Did y'all see that pic of that guy going down on Ke$ha, Kesha, however the hell she spells her name. That guy is one sick mofo for doing that

June 13, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ric Flair

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

June 13, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. Andy

At least Ke$sha's music is catchier than Lady Gaga's stuff.

June 12, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. d

Zack is the man.. watch Time and Eric, watch live at the purple onion, watch Funny or Die. He is not about the fame.. I really think he likes anti-fame, and why not... he hates celebrity and all that it stands for.. I think that he is completely misunderstood.. some people get him and others are just idiots
    Ke$sha just happens to be one of them

June 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Not a fan

I don't like either one of them. Zach's characters are like Ke$ha's songs, one-note banjos. He's Nathan Lane Lite.

June 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Pat

I think to both sides, if you don't like what that other person is doing, then just don't listen to or watch any of their work. You're both lucky to be doing what you're doing to make money, and if that makes you happy, then keep doing it no matter what others say, people are going to like you no matter what is said. Personally, I don't like Kesha's music but I just choose not to listen to it. I for one love Zach Galifinakis. I think he's one of the most funniest people on screen right now. The Hangovers are good, but you see him at his best in Funny or Die or Tim and Eric. You really see his type of humor and it's so entertaining because it's something that's so different and dark but it's hilarious. Anyways, that is all. Just telling you how it is.

June 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JimiJoni

Might have been a good idea had HO- II been as good as HO-1, sadly not the case. HO- III = RENTAL

June 10, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Gary N (Boone NC)

Zach is awesome. I am just glad that someone from my hometown and went to the same high school as myself is doing so good. I'm glad to see he hasn't become one of the "I'm more important than you" type of stars. Keep it up Zach. Oh and by the way, not only do I agree with you about the music of that girl with the stupid name but I want to go a bit farther and point out that her singing even stinks with auto tune.

June 10, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. the_dude

kesha is a wiggers wet dream

June 10, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  25. Joe V.

"This is all so serious – it's making my brain delirious."

June 10, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  26. Joe V.

There is no such thing as bad music as long as someone likes it. I don't have a taste for opera, country or jazz, but I would never say to Maria Callis, Garth Brooks or Louis Armstrong that their music stinks. They all have large fan followings who love them. As for Ke$ha – I'm 57 and I love Ke$ha. My daughter and her friends like her too and we like to listen to her together. She's fun to listen to. That's all that counts.

June 10, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Zack G

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: There will be a huge cameo in HANGOVER III the cameo by no other than........................................................................................THE DONALD TRUMP. Ladies and Gentleman you heard it here forst.

June 9, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Anthony

Two words – that's cold

June 9, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Frank C.

Really? the cover of Rolling Stone? This guy is so overly publicized and has been in way too many movies in the last few years and is just NOT funny. the best thing he did was Tru Calling and that's because he wasn't the lead role. He is in the same league as many of the so called comedy actors out there right now, all hype and that's it.

June 9, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. chris

I can tell that Kei$ha is a poet from listening to her songs. She is talented, a great singer (don't care what anyone says), and a hot babe. I understand why she uses a "$" instead of "s" in her name, but I am not saying why. I'll let you figure that out on you own. Kei$ha, keep it up and think highly of yourself. Don't listen to the crap these idiots are posting about you. I love you and your music!!!

June 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  31. jillmarie

I wonder what Ke$ha said back! She doesn't suck IMHO. He also ragged on January Jones, whom I'm not a fan of. Seems she was rude to him, but c'mon, didn't he do the same thing to Ke$ha?? And maybe the skit he wrote with Britney wasn't funny- mouth bleeding? No wonder she nixed him. Seems he does have a problem with women! Maybe he DOES have ashberger's like someone mentioned.

June 9, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  32. alexx

Id bang her!! Not sure who would bang out zboy.

June 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Michael

I love this guy lol... hes one of the few actors who actually speaks his mind. Hes absolutely right, her music SUCKS lol... good for him.

June 9, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Nat

this dude is really rude, first he refuses to work with Mel Gibson, then he calls out January Jones, and now he's randomly picking on Keshia, where does he get off?!! He's a complete turn-off now.

June 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • svi

What sane person would work with Mel Gibson? Much as I love Jodie Foster, she's a very very close friend and it might be harder for her to write him off than it is for others.

July 6, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  35. truthhurts

You were in three terrible movies. the hangover is overrated and absolutely disgusting.

June 9, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Zach is the shiznit!!

Love!!! Zach!!! Ke$ha your a re-tard, now be gone peasant:)

June 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Luke

every celeb has haters. all the adults hate kesha and prob some teens and zach has haters here and there. theres no celeb who doesnt have haters.

June 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. IZZY

BOTH PARTS R NT RGHT,LISTN AT THE MUSIC, SUCKS BUT MAKES MONEY,FRM THE KIDS, AND THE MOVIES R 4 LOSERS BUT MAKES THE MONEY,AND AS I SAID IS A MOVIE IN REAL LIFE, THEY WOULD B DEAD

June 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  39. À. Ï.

Which "wolf pack" would win? Hangover's "wolf pack" or Twilight's "wolf pack"? Lol...

June 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jim Dandey

He's right; Ke-DollarSign-Ha's music DOES suck. And what's with her f'd up name? Her computer doesn't have an S key?

June 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. aj

L$L, b$th $f y$u!!!!

June 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Mad R@p3r

Blah Blah Blah is without a doubt one of the worst songs since the dawn of music, when cavemen drummed animal bones on rocks.

June 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. J

Her lyrics are offensive!

June 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  44. David

Why is that when I see Ke$ha or Kim Kardashian, I start itching in my loins....I hope it's not Yah-crabs!!

June 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Superhiro

Not that I care about Ke$ha but Zach sure seems to think his sh1t doesn't stink lately.

June 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dr. Gonzo

Thanks be to Tom for posting the only comment worth reading (even if he misspelled unorthodox):

Usually the people that don't find Zach funny are those that are not intelligent enough to get his jokes. His stand up is hilarious, innovative and completely unorthadox.

June 9, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sweetkoala

i dont like keshas music its like all auto tune when shes on i turn it off! and zach is funny !

June 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Leo

Ke$ha.... Rhianna...Katy Perry....Gaga.....Folk's i could go on and on...I think you know what i'm talking about....All these so called singer's are whats the word you new generation Kids say ARTIST.....The cannot conpare to singers of the 50's 60's 70's 80's..All they are trying to sell is.... there look.... or how far they can shock people..They are legends in there own mind......And in the minds of those young kids..... who's little noodles have'nt developed yet..When those little noodles develope later in life you are going to say did i think that was good music...

June 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. booya

Kesha does suck. Hate her whiny ass voice.

June 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  50. herpaderples

Ke$ha sucks. Zach Rules. End of story.
    watch Between Two Ferns.

June 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. hammertime

Comedians are always comedians,plain as a pillow folks

June 9, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cris

I totally hate her voice ever since hearing her for the first in that stupid "You Spin Me Round" remake. Kids nowadays don't know anything about good music and food. It's all commercialized crap!!! ORGANIC everything!!!

June 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. john

Props to "fat jesus"! Zack is frigging hilarious. Plus this guy doesn't give a rats a** about h-wood. He kept his unpronounceable last name. C'mon who doesn't love between two ferns? That is some of the funniest s*** I have seen from anyone! Ever!

June 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  54. monni

i personally cant stand ke$has music, it makes me turn the station everytime i hear it. zach is pretty damn funny though, a few of his movies were more boring than i expected but even his stand up is hilarious. and the nike comment was pretty freakin hilarious. yall get carried away with all these opinion comments i dont understand you go back and forth when its obivious everyone has their own opinion

June 9, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. kylegaballer

She is training little girls to become alcoholics when zack is just doing a movie... people who say all he is is a drunk/ fat slob well yes he has been in 2 movies, because that was the role he had to play. this girl kesha on the other hand isnt acting, she is trying her best and still is horrible. this place is gonna blooooowwww" if i hear a song of hers again

June 9, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. heather

Keshia is a fad and like all fads they fade. Unless she brings something new she will be gone when some else come alon

June 9, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. pontiac

We are in no way affiliated with k e dollar sign ha

June 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mr. Ed

I rather look at her than lady gaga.

June 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  59. joe

I love his characters, due date instant classic

June 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. me

I have yet to figure out why Kesha thinks Pontiac G6s are so fly.

June 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Pontiac g6 are fly, I have a fully loaded one and got a good deal on it thank you very much... And who cares abt kesha

June 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexx

Isn't there a jet called a g6? I thought she was referring to that.

June 9, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Where's Doug?

Zach is awesome. Love his movies and his stand up. I saw Kesha on SNL last year. Easily in the top 10 of worst performances on that show. Also saw her interview on conan, she seemed high and out of it. I hope she doesnt last in the music industry. Where have all the good musicians/bands gone?

June 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  62. suzzi

I am getting a little tired of Zach's constant trashing of other celebrities. He is not a big enough star or talented enough to get away with that nonsense. One of these days he is going to insult the wrong person. He needs to cool it!

June 9, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  63. britt

Well wow i cnt beleave theres 92 comments abt iff KeSha sucks or not:_ dnt u ppl hve anithng bttr to do, like wash ur cars!? and the hangovr isnt suppost to b for a cup of tea movie its funny and prbly fur adults" so hoppfully they'll b a 3rd!

June 9, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  64. OscarAA

A dollar sign for an 'S'?!?!?!?! She deserves the ragging she gets for that. Her music does truly suck. I'm sure she wrote a 1/4 of one of, "her", songs. To make it worst, she's rich?!?!?! We are all doomed!!!!!

June 9, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  65. captain irony

Funny everybody is giving brttney rave reviews for her latest single...and kesha wrote it!

June 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Sam

did anyone stop to think that this is a clever ploy for us to buy their magazine?! they never gave her response or anything. there's always more to the story...

June 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  67. alexx

Subpar annoying comedian to subpar performer. Drinking Alcohol may validate each one of these performers.

June 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  68. pope ignatiou$

In the beginning there was Ke$ha, and zach saw that it was good

June 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. b

pedicures on our toes, toes, tick tock on the clock.

June 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  70. b

cause i aint comin back, don't stop, make it pop dj, toooooonight, i'mma fight, til we see the sunlight woah ohhohohoh

June 9, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Loud_Noizes

I imagine those who do not find him funny, are those who religiously watched "Mind Of Mencia." Or those who actually laughed at Larry The Cable Guy. Perhaps it was someone who got knocked up on purpose for a chance at reality fame on MTV's 16 and pregnant. Either way, those people I am glad I do not know.

June 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  72. b

there's a lady i know, if i didn't know her she'd be the lady....i didn't know. She went downtown, she went downtown, she bought broccoli, she brought it home.......she choppin broccoli, she choppin broccola, she choppin broccoleeaha, she choppin broccoliiihaa, she choppin broccuhlah, she choppin broccoliiuuhe

June 9, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • September Smith

I love that song and its' follow up, Collie Flower. Seriously, we sing the brocolli song at our house.

June 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  73. nemo

I have no idea who these people are. VOTE NEMO: 2012

June 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  74. windowlicker

OMFG could you imagine having to wake up to that voice day after day after day. I wanna drive off a cliff every time that high pitched nose whistling squeal comes on the radio. She is a turd of a Singer and zach's acting in his movies have mostly been the corn in the turd.

Was he wrong to supposedly allegedly theoretically say that to her? No, freedom of speech happens even when it hurts your feelings. Was he wrong to brag about saying that to her? Probably only if he actually did say that to her.

I think we are missing the bigger picture here. Doesn't anyone else find it really hard to believe that someone with his level of social awkwardness would actually go out of his way to have an abnormal "social interaction"?

June 9, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  75. zachloooooser

Zach is a loser and he's gay. He thinks his movies are a good influence???

June 9, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  76. b

she's as cold as iice, paradiise and the feeling was aso......nice.

June 9, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. pope ignatiou$

Ke$ha is a $aint

June 9, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  78. heycarrieann

Let's see...he plays a fat drunken obnoxious fool/slobin The Hangover, then plays an idiotic fat slob in Due Date, and again plays a fat drunken obnoxious fool/slob in The Hangover 2, and he calls someone else's work bad.

June 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  79. BellevueMan

Kasha's music is far better than Zach's movies. Just sayin'.

June 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  80. CKO

Doesn't staff a publicist? Perhaps he should hire one. Does he arrive to movie premieres in his Saab? I haven't watched the first Hangover and have no intentions to watch it or the other sequels. He will make lots of money doing these movies

June 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  81. steve von

Lady gaga has more talent in her left nostril than ke$ha has in her whole career!! Ke$ha, why don't u copy lady gaga like everyone else!!!

June 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  82. You're All Haters

You guys need to STFU cuz Ke$ha has her own original style, something that hasent been discovered before, and your not used to it, thats why u dont like it. And This Zach guy makes Movies about getting so drunk that he doesnt remember. now which one has a bad message now Mr. Zach?!

June 9, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Totally Agree

I totally agree with you. They are all haters. Whether it be Ke$ha or anyone else making it big, you will always have someone with something negative to say. Why doesn't everyone learn to lift each other up instead of tearing everyone down? Zach included, b/c I remember Ke$ha saying in an interview that she thought he was hot & for him to reply to her in that way is just disgusting as he is.

June 9, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keshas Music

Umm... What? I am Kesha's Music, and I even know I am unoriginal. I don't think Kesha (again, I refuse to spell it with a ridiculous symbol instead of an S) thinks her creations are original. And to chastise that nice young man about making movies about getting blacked out drunk is literally, the pot calling the kettle black given Kesha claims in her first single that she wakes up in the morning and brushes her teeth with a bottle of Jack. So if we are talking about being a hypocrite (which by the way, we now are), you would be considered one. BOO YAH – I'll see you all at the Pre-Teen Awards – I'm out (hopefully for good)!

June 9, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • $$$

You can suck Ke$ha's ASS and her Dollar $ign! Honestly, I just think your a hater and that's probably what you'll ever going to be. $uck thi$$$$$$$$$$ $.$

June 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • *Opinions of my own

THANK YOU!!! I mean if it was you he was talking to you would be as mad as Ke$ha is. So if you think that their both bad influences then that's your decision to make not mine and I can't control that. But for the people who are trashing both of them and you haven't even heard or seen them then you need to give them a chance BEFORE you judge them i know i have not seen Hangover II yet but i plan to. And i happen to kinda like Ke$ha. No I am not taking sides but i needed to say this for what I am seeing... SMH

June 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Daniel

Ever since Madonna came out, these one-name singers have been coming out of the woodwork.

June 9, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • September Smith

It just makes me appreciate Madonna all the more. You know, I keep waiting for the day Kesha announces it's all been a big performance art joke piece, kind of like Joaquin Phoenix.

June 9, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  84. creamofsumyunguy

kesha does suck yall. Wether u like the hangover movies or not u at least have to admit that. The rest is opinion. The fact that she sucks is just truth.

June 9, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  85. R

He's right about Kesha's music. But I thought that was the point of it... so bad it's gooood

June 9, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  86. DinkyD

I've seen his stand-up and he is absolutely hilarious!! Definitely a different type of comedian and that works for him...

As for Ke$ha ~ yea, her music is absolutely awful! Get some talent, honey...

June 9, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  87. RichWW2

When did Zach G. become someone whose opinion we suddenly care about? You've had 1 hit movie in your life and suddenly you can go around telling other people they suck? Kanye West called, he wants his stupidity back.

June 9, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • September Smith

One hit movie? While I didn't like The Hangover, I am aware this guy has been in more than one hit movie, some quite respectable.

Up in the Air, Into the Wild and the soon to be released super-hit The Muppets.

June 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tina Turner

What's love got to do with it?

June 9, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  89. Peter Camel

Finally a person with some cajones! love this guy

June 9, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  90. nn

Lol

June 9, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  91. djmc32

Oh yea zack,make a comment about brains on a hangover inspired page.you truly are an idiot.

June 9, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • LunchCox

When is zach gonna come out of the closet. He is such a knob shiner.

June 9, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  92. steve von

If your music was on records still, if played backwards, it would say this sucks!!!

June 9, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  93. CKO

June 9, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  94. paul

To lolpeace: Ha ha ha ha!!! Lol!!! That's funny!

June 9, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr GooberHymen

Zach wanted to be in the middle of the Human Centipede but kept eating all the doo doo that was gonna be used for filming so he lost the part and was banned from the set.

June 9, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  95. *illusion

Zach should just keep his comments to himself.
    "I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING FEELING LIKE P DIDDY"

June 9, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  96. steve von

Ke$ha, I love your new hit song!! What's it called? E.T, no born this way? Go hang out with tiffany and debbie gibson!

June 9, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  97. bk

Ke$ha isn't a musician- she's just the face on the record and the autotuned voice on the disk. Zach G. would have been better off directing his comments at the men in their 40's and 50's who are responsible for writing & recording "Ke$ha's" crap.

June 9, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  98. steve von

Ke$ha its over!its lady gaga, rihanna and katy perry!!! Hasta la vista baby!!!

June 9, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  99. tony

Out Cold is easily the best movie Galifinakis has ever been in.

June 9, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  100. TeenAge Dream

FYI – Kesha's music is top 5 in sales >> worldwide <<

June 9, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Say it ain't so

When you have Justin bieber in the same list, that's not really saying much.

June 9, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Keshas Music

Hi all, I'm Kesha's Music. If you notice, I don't spell my name with a dollar sign in it like my creator because I even think that's lame. I also think that my existence is lame, degrading to anyone that thinks music is a form of artistic expression, and by the way, I am not even made using real instruments (kind of a fundamental in music wouldn't you say). So yes, I wake up in the morning and brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack, but truthfully, it's not the Jack that you all think of in that mockery of a song. So I guess what I'm getting at, is I suck, my behemoth creator sucks, and all of those that think the music isn't a two cent rip off of every other ridiculous pop song sucks too! Cudos Zach for pointing out my creators suckydom!

June 9, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

All that proves is far we have fallen in our musical tastes as a society.

June 9, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Paul

And Ke$ha is crying all the way to the bank... really dude, who cares what you think? and i am not a fanatic of the girl, but i do like her songs...

June 9, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  102. Kathyryn reynolds

DO we not have bigger fish to fry than to care about rich talentless people while our economy and moral fiber as a nation r in the toilet....come on america....really

June 9, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • kettlepot

Obviously you aren't any better than the rest of us... because you posted here instead of the economy/politics section.

June 9, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

Yes there is....but your in an Entertainment New section.....so leave it and find the depressing garbage in a section outside of Entertainment......

June 9, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  103. R

I really appreciate his talent. His comedy is all about his social awkwardness and, come on, he says what all of us sensible adults are thinking (Kesha's is in fact bad music and no one with actual taste likes it), but are too "polite" to just say, just like that. He is simple and he is funny. Plus, he was pretty good in It's Kind of a Funny Story, which was completely different from his Hangover and Due Date sort of characters.

June 9, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • dtcpr

I completely agree with what you said about "It's Kinf od a Funny Story" I just watched it the other day and I really enjoyed him in it. But I have to say I get why people "like" Ke$ha. I think her music is fun to dance/run to but I wouldn't buy her music and listen to it while folding my laundry or relaxing or driving or ride the train for that matter.

June 20, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • samuraisleeps

i forgot about kind of a funny story...damn..that was good.....although..i do not think he was really acting there i think that movie showed us a bit more of the real zach....it was good though if he was acting....just saying....

July 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Kathyryn reynolds

ok who cares..congressman weiner kesha donald trump sarah palin and schwarnegger out to be picked up and dropped off on idiot island..oh dont forget jon edwards on the way..enough already

June 9, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  105. BigD

Ke$ha suck ass. Totally agree. What a piece of garbage.

June 9, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  106. ItsDaPoleece

He was hilarious in Hangover and I even liked him in that movie Snow Patrol (I think that's its name). I have nothing against the guy, but reading these comments I realized that he's what a real life Peter Griffin from Family Guy would be like. And I'm cool with that.

And as for him criticizing Kesha's message, if he really did say that, I'm pretty sure the difference would be that he believes her music is truly directed at 6 years olds (or underaged children at least), whereas his Hangover movies are directed toward teenagers and young adults. I have no personal opinion of Kesha's music because I've never heard any of it.

June 9, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  107. Kashbmaryd

Does anyone have anything good to say about any of those other 'movies' Zach was in? He might want to lock up a different franchise before he runs off at the mouth like that.

June 9, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Check out "Between two Firns". Great stuff.

June 9, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

I think you are vastly overestimating how much he cares about his movie career.

July 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • samuraisleeps

i liked the role he played oppsite of robert downey jr. in due date. i would not say it was hilarious but they complimented each other well enough to make the movie go by well enough.

July 8, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  108. And now, for something completely different

Your new name is "Fix the fern back".

June 9, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  109. geo

Gotta love the nike comment tho !

June 9, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  110. Ines

I agree with you Zach!!! and yes his movies are funny!

June 9, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  111. eunis

Was he in the Zack BrownEye Band?

June 9, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  112. Yorge

He actually walked up to her and said that??!!! Criticized her for her "Message"? - after he's made two movies about getting drunk and wasted?? Really??!!

June 9, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Peep

Excellent point!

June 9, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • R

No. That's not an excellent point. The movies have a rating for a reason. One would hope most people who the movie is directed to and can get in to see it would know better than to take it as an example...

June 9, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@R: Nope, the average person posting is note that bright ir educated. I feel a lot of GED & Jr. College emotions expressed here.

June 9, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

Josh I hope you were trying to be funny but somehow I doubt it. Note? Try not. Oh and ir I think it's oh but really how would you know the difference.

June 9, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@Nicole. I typed it on my iPhone incorrectly. It doesn't take away from my point. The majority of people on here are morons that make 30k a year at most. Switch to de-caf, you're too uptight.

June 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom

June 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • À. Ï.

@Josh I agree but it doesn't consider us morons just wrong choices. Every person is valuable in their own way.

June 9, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • GO ZACH!!!

How can you even try to compare Zach’s movies to Ke$ha’s music. Zach is an actor. He is acting the role that we as assigned in the movie. He is an ACTOR. Ke$ha is supposed to be an artist. Artist are supposed to express themselves through their music. How could you even defend that garbage that Ke$ha is making and selling to our youth.

June 10, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Kerstin

@Tom: THANK YOU.

June 11, 2011 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  113. John Lennons Ghost

BOO!

June 9, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Selter Hkelter

Hi John – did you bring any post-beatles talent with you or is that still dead as well? Oh, and take Yoko P0rno with you so we dont need to see or hear about her anymore please. Thanks

June 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  114. JR

Zach should staff an acting coach and comedy writer cause he ain't that funny. He's just a combination of all the funny people we have seen the last ten years. Sorry the guy bugs me.

June 9, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  115. Zach

Ke$ha don't be a hater. It's not my fault that you are a terrible singer catering to the future prosti-tots of America. If you want to be taken seriously then start creating some genuine work instead of the suck that you have been doing. I am funny because my jokes are supposed to be funny and they have great punchlines. You are funny because your singing career is a joke and you are the punchline!

June 9, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • @Zach

Zach Galiianakis or whatever is not funny. You say that Ke$ha's music is only listened too by pre-teens, etc. Who do you think watched this losers movies? Oscar worthy they ain't. Other than the fact that drunken fools need to be entertained, this guy is as useless as Bieber in brothel, which is where he has to go to get laid I'll bet.

June 9, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • LIV4LUV

Zach, if this is really you (LISTEN UP)
      You need to hire an agent, since you have no filter. It's not ok to take your own calls and insult the people that are trying to hire you, and the more work you get now, the sooner you can retire, since you are not comfortable being famous. Remember famous guys get laid all the time, so there are some advantages.
      You are very funny, so write some movie scripts, a book and keep your mouth shut for now. I'm sure HBO or Showtime will contact you soon about your own comedy special, so stop using your material for free.

June 9, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Dash

Some people do comedy for comedys sake. Who says he's in it for the money? Most comedians aren't super rich. They do it cuz that's who they are. If Nike can't take a question like that I doubt he'd want to work with them anyways. Who's to say that question even was a reason they didn't hire him?

June 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zackattack

If my son were a fat, possibly gay comedian, I would stab him. Just kiddin, I would shoot him. Just joshin, This comment is for the story on Tracy Morgan.

June 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Insane G.I.

Zach is hilarious, OMG, like fer sure.. If you enjoy the utterly moronic 12 year old he plays. So I guess a 12 Year Old can tell a 6 Year Old they suck.

The Zach Grabbedmynakis or whatever, is not a funny man, he's played the exact same character over and over again, just like Will Ferral, who is another who stopped being funny after Night at the Roxbury.

But then he knows he's pathertic, which is why he has to talk smack about others to make himself feel good, if not he's jump off a rooftop somewhere... hmmmm here's a funny thought. suicide is legal, attempting suicide is criminal..

June 22, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Just Saying

She just sounds like she is literally stupid when she sings. Like a stupid valley girl mix with a handicapped person.

June 9, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jess

Actually, if you do some research on her, you'll find out she's actually very smart. Also if you take time to listen to her lyrics, you'll find that it's better written than 90% of the popular music today and word is she writes most of them herself.
      Though I understand that people dislike her music because it is sleazy in nature, I don't see why so many people call her stupid and say that the songs are bad. There's worse stuff out there....much worse...and further, everyone's taste in music varies. I can't stand Lady Gaga but I'm not going around calling her dumb and saying her music sucks as if it's a fact. After all, it's my opinion and opinion isn't truth. Calm down, people.

June 9, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Saying

I bet she is very smart person – I said she sounds like she is really stupid. Voice....how she sings...makes her sound like a stupid person....that is what I was trying to get at. I apologize.

June 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • alice

i hate anyone who hates ke$ha

June 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Saying

Alice....do not hate. No reason to. I do not. Just listen to her voice and tell me that you wouldn't feel the same way. Not her look or her fun dance music...just her voice. It was from that and the New Years show. Her voice just drives me crazy. I have a whiny voice myself....but I am also not a professional singer.

June 9, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marc

Kesha is a horrible singer. Besides the fact she is a beast to look at. She reminds me of a fat lesbian that would play on a softball team.

June 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • deuce

I hate anyone who hates anyone who hates Ke$ha

June 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • nick

Her music is awful. She has no talent. If you have talent, you do not need your voice computerized. If you have talent, you don't suck live.

June 22, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • ugggh

Have you heard her sing WITHOUT auto-tune??? 10 million x worse than with it. Seriously no talent. Tho, I must admit It is fun to dance to

June 30, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • BioHzrd420

Yes, I see the intellectual prowess she demonstrates in the lyrics "Er'ybody getting crunk, boys try to touch my junk, gotta smack'em if they gettin' too drunk". What profound and deeply expressive thoughts.

June 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  117. lolpeace

I hate anyone that puts a dollar sign in their name. I also strongly dislike anyone that has their picture on money (because of the whole $ sign thing). I hide that paper in a leather case tucked in my pocket to no one will $ee it. Do you think that is wierd?

June 9, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  118. Jeepers

I find his social awkwardness fascinating.

June 9, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
    • taco.ballz

I wonder if he has aspergers (sp?)?

June 9, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • anita mann

I agree.

June 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Milf Biggenson

I think you might have something with the Aspergers Syndrome. He shouldn't be saying half the stuff he does, but maybe he just doesn't care and I actually find that refreshing. If he wrote a book about Hollywood, I would buy it before it touched the very first bookshelf. I think the guy is funny – not hilarious – but awkwardly hilarious, which in turn, is extremely funny.

June 10, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • elizabeth

I also find his awkwardness to be amazing. And related to Aspergers or not I am continually amazed by what comes out of his mouth and hope he never changes. LOL

June 16, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  119. Old Troll

Zach Galifianakis is just an old troll posing as a comedian.

June 9, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • YoungTROLL

He is right her music really is garbage but the hangover movies suck too.I would rather listen to prince than Ke$ha.

June 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Kenadee

I wonder if Ke$a told him how bad Dinner for Schmucks was and how crappy his acting was in it? I mean her music is pretty bad but his movies suck other than hangover part 1.

June 18, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

I don't like her music either but I wouldn't find it necessary to approach her just to be a d**k. He thinks being a total d**cheb@g is funny and cutting edge. But it's just being a dbag. Period.

July 1, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  120. JT

How could you not like the Hangover?

June 9, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  121. Ke$ha

Very easily, thank you.

June 9, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  122. day jones

kesha u do suck u use auto tune for every song but at ur not a broke waitress anymore lol u got more money then me thats for sure

June 9, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Two Thumbs Down!

What's up with Zach? First, January Jones now Keisha? He blasted January for asking him to leave her table after about ten minutes. I hate to say this, but if a woman invites you to her table and then dismisses you so quickly, she didn't like what she saw. Those first 5 to 10 mins are very important for women. Funny guy on screen only!

June 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mina

I think January Jones sucks, but now it just sounds like this guy is randomly picking on women. He's got issues.

June 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Lulo

The guy just isn't that funny. He's just about played out his fat slob card. Doesn't hold a candle to Chris Farley or even Kevin James for that matter. Never heard Keshas music but would mind seeing her in playboy. ?????

June 9, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  126. mike

if you are actually ke$ha, your music sucks, and I don't need zach to tell me it does. But don't be all hurt by it, just start making better music and prove that you can, if you can.

June 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  127. JG24

I think Ke$ha is most definitely original whether you like her or not. Some do, some don't but it's your choice to listen or not. Not everyone likes the music YOU do anyway. She sounds like no other singer, especially in a time where every pop star sounds the same so give her that much. It's always good to be original. Zach is funny, gotta admit. If you don't like him, go watch The King's speech.

June 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  128. she

His movies are amazing!!!! KeSha's music is terrilbe and definitley isn't sending a positive message! Go ZACH!!!

June 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Seeker76

LOL. That guy is funny! "The Hangover" wasn't that great though. Really.

June 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  130. fried chicken n watermelon

Hangover I & II were both overrated. They were kind of funny but not really.

June 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  131. fried chicken n watermelon

Kesha is better than GaGa's talentLESS ass that's for sure.

June 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Hater

@JG24 She is not original at all. Shes not the first to use auto tune, hell she's not even the first red head to die her hair blonde, Lindsay Lohan done it before her.

And to anyone who thinks she's awesome or her lyrics are good, really? singing about being drunk all the time and more less acting like a hoe at the club is really cool. NOT great for the guy that's going to bang you and spread the word around town the next day. People should listen to real music you know people who play guitar, bass, drums, sing with out auto-tune on etc.

June 9, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  133. TJMack

I would rather listen to zach sing than Ke$ha, Auto-tune or not. Can't be much worse.

June 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Mournblade

Ke$sha – that's the best ya got? You are proving Zach's point. Zach is well respected in comedy. He cut his creds the hard way. You pay a few stiffs to key micro tunes and lay down some bad lyricks.

June 9, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Regular Joe

You're not Kesha. You're some stupid obsessed fan that's trying to defend her tasteless music. Zach Falifianakis has talent. Kesha does not.

June 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Philip

Sorry Ke$ha, I agree with Zack on your music but also agree with you at least on the grounds that Hangover 2 was lame. Please no more autotune, it's a fad that needs to just go away.

June 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  137. the message

i got the email too. ive heard cats in heat that put out better sounds than ke$ha...whats with the dollar sign anyways?

June 10, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  138. Guest

Hey Ke$ha, I liked you better when you were the lead singer of Great White.

June 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Seraphim0

People need to realize there's a difference between talent and having excellent producers. Between the auto tune and the sound work on her tracks you have her 'appeal.' Her voice is actually pretty terrible. There's not really any talent there- outside of the sound guys and producers.

June 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  140. J

You guys and all your negativity. There is too much in this world already. I tell u what. I would take Gaga and Ke$ha under and arm and take them to see the Hangover, then dinner, and hope for the best happy ending after that. Yeah, that sounds like a dream of an evening to me!

June 11, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  141. Mirran

Hey Ke$ha, dont listen to the haters, i am one of your biggest fans, you said be yourselfs and i am, thats whats helped me get through in life, thanks for being my role model :) <3

June 11, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  142. layne25348

It makes me sad that Kesha is your role model.

June 24, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |