'Centipede II' director: It's a [bleep]ing movie
June 9th, 2011

'Centipede II' director: It's a [bleep]ing movie

“Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)” director Tom Six has a few words for the British Board of Film Classification, which has banned the sequel to Six’s “Human Centipede” film in the U.K.

The BBFC claimed that the movie, about a man who gets “erotically obsessed” with the first film and gets the idea to create his own human centipede, was "sexually violent," "potentially obscene" and a “real risk” to moviegoers. The organization said that the film couldn’t be legally viewed in the U.K. even by DVD or download.

But in an email statement to Empire magazine, Six reminds the BBFC that the movie's just make believe.

The Dutch director begins his note by (sarcastically) thanking the BBFC for unleashing those spoilers about the sequel's plot, and for “banning my film in this exceptional way.”

“Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn't a good horror film be horrific?” Six asks in the statement. “My dear people it is a f---ing MOVIE. It is all fictional...If people can't handle or [don't] like my movies they just don't watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time, anywhere also in the UK.”

Six told Entertainment Weekly earlier this year that the second film indeed makes the first gruesome flick look like “My Little Pony,” and that the IFC was planning to release "Human Centipede II" stateside “after the summer.”

Filed under: movies

1. Mark

I'm not going to comment on whether the sequel should or should not be censored. We could debate for hours on this topic, and I'm not going to waste my time.

What I will say is this...."Filmmakers" nowadays are generally talentless. The director/writer of this piece garbage proved it. The only thing that this movie had were scenes which were degrading to the characters.

I can tell you that I've got more talent than this moron director/writer, and if somebody were willing to give me the money that this guy wasted, I could easily prove it, as could countless others.

What's he going to do for the sequel? Add more segments to his "centipede" and violate them some more. All this guy wants to do is create controversy and shock people because he probably thinks that means he has talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he used some children in the next centipede just to cause an uproar. Of course, the same people who are crying for no censorship probably see nothing wrong with that either. And Tom Six would say "It's just a movie". The people who enjoyed this amateurish film which ranks below a high school film project are the reason why talentless hacks like Tom Six pump out garbage with no substance.
    Crack dealers need the crackheads.

June 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chwlscee

Ok. So, have any/all of you seen the Saw series? Its digesting, horrific, messed up. And yet they've had like six sequels. People can't get enough. Hugely grossing movie. Granted that was here in the US but what happened to our freedom. Its a move people! If you think its so horrible, don't watch it. Yep. It really is THAT simple.

June 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marky046

I wonder how BBFC is going to make sure no one in the UK is going to download this?
    Tom, for the next part...please have the people from BBFC feature in it, I'd love to see them connected to eachothers anusses

June 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • StarkRG

I thought that WAS how they worked: One person consumes the film, removes all the good nutritious bits, then passes it on to the next who removes any good bits the first person might have left behind, and on down the line until there's hardly anything worth watching at the end. The guy at the end is always saying "I don't understand what all these people were upset about, this 2.5 minute flick is entirely inoffensive." And then he dies of a blood infection.

June 12, 2011 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. poopiedoo

Just viewed the sequel and its nothing like the 1st one. very disturbing scenes. I mean really twisted.
    but to ban , no not here. is there at least an NC-18 rating ?

June 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barnacle Bill

The real poinbt is, is that some severe nut case will eventually do a copycat real-life thing like this, and undoubtedly will use films such as these as inspiration for his sickness.

People like this sick POS are only in it to make money, because they lack any true creative inspiration.

June 10, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • StarkRG

Possibly, but even if this didn't exist, the same sicko would be inspired by something else. Even if we banned everything except the bible he'd find one of the many horrific things in there to copy (easy one would be blowing up a dam and drowning an entire town a la Noah). Sickos will always be sickos, banning potential inspirations won't stop them from doing their thing.
      This is the same stupid argument people make about violent video games. Violent people will be violent whether they have video games to play or not.

June 12, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. GaryGoth

Face it, all it is, is just a Frankenstein story... written while on bath salts and filmed while binging Four Loco!

June 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. rbmeoe

I like good horror movies, who doesn't like to get scared every so often. But this, I just don't get it!! What is entertaining about seeing people tortured and sewn together butt to mouth??!! I saw this on Southpark, the season premier a few weeks ago. I had never heard of the movie and just thought it was the sick minds of the southpark creators working overtime. It really wasn't that funny, pretty disgusting to tell you the truth, but I watched the show and wrote it off as a week moment for an otherwise decent show. Now I find out that they took the idea from an actual movie!! Like I said, I just don't get it, why would someone want to watch this, and now, a second, more graphic version!!??!! I'm glad none of my money will go to either one of these film.

June 10, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Litterboxrox

It is only on this anonymous site I will admit that I loved "The Human Centipede" and cannot wait for the sequel.

June 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pistol

Sadly, this movie will be attractive to some. Sadly, the producers are greedy enough to feed them.

June 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave

Centipede == More proof humanity is voluntarily descending into the toilet...

June 10, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sheisugly

That's the worst cop-out in the history of worst cop-out. How such a movie got funding is beyond me :s

June 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pumpkin gilletty....rare please

Cult Flick already....I love it....can't wait for part 2 and 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LK2

I think it just goes to show what a sick mind the people who writes/produce movies like this! I mean come on! Do they lay in your bed, and think "How can I make a sick, twisted and gory a movie?". I think your mind has to be "sick" in order to take it this level. I just watched a "pinch" of it on YouTube, and that was enough for me. I can't even imagine the rest of it, and the gory stuff it shows. And it the first Centipede, not part two! I have no interest in seeing this movie. What a shame that the movie industry thinks the gorier the better. Sick, sick people is what they are.

June 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • LK2

OOPS! I meant to say "lay in THEIR bed"! NOT "Lay in YOUR bed"! LOL! Well, maybe they do! LOL!

June 10, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Controller of Planet X

I'm all for people thinking "how can I make a sick, twisted, gory movie?" as long as they actually make a movie and not show a gimmicky gag for 90 minutes. It's like if "The Exorcist" was 90 minutes of head-turning, puking and *cough*cough*cough with a crucifix. Okay, a human centipede, we're shocked. Now what are ya gonna do with the next 87 minutes?

June 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Waron

too much for me, just the trailer gave me nightmare.

I won't try to ban anyone's imagination, but this kind of movie has to be controlled, just putting 18+ rating on it is not enough

June 10, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jorge

Oooo, oooo, now my prurient interest is piqued!! I want to watch, I want to see!!!

June 10, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. NaziLoverDie

British Board of Film Classification is Censoring and telling people what to watch ? What is this Totalitarianism ? Who the hell can stop anybody from watching what they want to in this world. Unless your Hitler and you got a gun pointing at people.

June 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. btsblue

To me, this movie demonstrates the level of depravity to which the human race has sunk. I cannot imagine what kind of mind it takes to even conceive of such a concept, much less write an entire screenplay depicting it. I know that I am in the minority when I say that I truly believe exposure to this, and many other, kinds of aberrant and perverted "entertainment" is poisoning the nature of man itself. It is no wonder that our world is falling apart. I'm sure that God is, indeed, looking down upon us and shaking His head in bewilderment.

June 10, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • k

You just summed the whole problem up in a nutshell. Also, it tells how far we've sunk intellectually that we would in any way defend such garbage, or consider it "artistic free speech". Ask any criminal investigator and they will tell you that what is seen in the movies is attempted in real life. The movie industry is an extremely powerful influencer of society's morals and what is considered reality. We claim we can distinguish between real life and movies, but not really. The subconscious, and even the conscious will eventually translate what is seen in movies and t.v. as that of being the everyday reality.
      I don't believe in govt. censorship, but there is nothing more American or wrong with a good old fashioned boycott.

June 10, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • btsblue

K, thanks for your comments. It's good to know there are still some sane-thinking individuals who aren't afraid to speak up. I have read many of the comments made regarding this subject and am thankful we live in a country where we still enjoy the freedom to express our opinions openly. I do not support the actual banning or censoring of any work. I just think this movie begs the question of how long our world society will maintain any semblance of order (not that much exists anyway) when we will sink to any level of depravity to pursue the almighty buck. That is the ultimate goal of filmmaking after all.

June 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Beelzel

We saw the first one on a weekend Horrorfest with friends. Yawn, turned it off about a third of the way.
    As such, will not rent/watch follow on.
    Banning it via government, just giving the torrent freaks something to harvest.

June 10, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bob

I am not sure why everyone is making such a big stink over this movie.

June 10, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  20. Cambob

There is a scene where the girl has a metal lamp in her hand. And excellent weapon and easy for her to wield. Then she drops it and cries. Best Comedy Ever!

June 10, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. jayg

@The Mad R@p3r
    "Where precisely is "the ground of stupidity"? I am unfamiliar with this sort of geological feature. It is perhaps located somewhere on the Superior Jack@ss Plains?"

I'm quite certain you're familiar with both points of geography. Although, you seem pretty dizzied out from a profound lack of wit - time to take your meds.

June 10, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  22. shame to all of you

we have some pretty sick people in the world. smh

June 10, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  23. JeffRI

Perhaps the director would do well to remember that art without value is basically trash. Reveling in the obscene and the disgusting CAN be art at times, but this sounds more like an exercise on the director's part in self indulgent hateful maturbation in the name of the obscene – that, dear sir, is NOT ART and never will be – it's self indulgent barf.

June 10, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  24. isponge

I have never before seen or heard about Human Centipede 1 or 2, but now I am interested.

June 10, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sandra

Have to agree with Chris – Can't wait till Tosh.0 does his spoiler on this one. I just love the one for TipToes!!!

June 10, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jimbo

Can't even download it and watch it in the privacy of your own home? Brit's I want to know, how does it feel to have a government tell you what movies you can and can't watch? I'm not saying that I would enjoy this movie, but I would be upset if congress said that I couldn't watch a movie.

June 10, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

Agreed! Right to free healthcare or right to think (and decide) for myself? Hmmm, I'll take the latter.

June 10, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  27. Dan

I had chocolate ice cream after the first movie.

June 10, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  28. Erika

I watched the first movie out of sheer morbid curiosity. It was vile. Seriously vile, poorly written, and ridiculous. I hate that it gained notoriety not for having any intrinsic worth of its own, but because of sheer infamy. Now it looks like the director is trying to double down. Please.

Frankly, I'm completely indifferent whether the UK bans this movie (see above re: no intrinsic value). I just hope he doesn't turn this series into a trilogy.

June 10, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Poop Tarts

I disagree. This movie should be brought to network television as a weekly series. These are important medical breakthroughts that could have applicability across the middle east.

June 10, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

Hoping for a CENTrilogy!

June 10, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • whatabunchofcrap

The third one will be called: The Human Millipede

June 10, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  29. mikel

Centipede was a disturbing movie – but even more disturbing is the reaction to it. The world is full of deviant destructive behaviour but we only react to a movie about it?

June 10, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  30. kayaker247

I only heard Daniel Tosh's recap of the movie. and.. it... was... hillarious!!!

June 10, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  31. Dr. Howard Dr. Fine Dr. Howard

You haters are missing the entire point of the movie. It was a technical marvel that spans all conventional surgical techniques in enteraldigestive surgery. The anasamosis of a stomatorectal os is a technique that can only be described as innovative and revolutionary, and heralds a new age for.....

Ok, it was a sick premise and nasty movie, but aren't all good physical horror movies that way? Besides, IT IS ONLY A MOVIE!!! Maybe those who get scared of it should stick with the Care Bears.

June 10, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  32. John

I thought the Passion of Christ was disturbing and messed up in more ways than the original Centipede. Yet since its about religion and has very few actual facts represented in it no one saw a problem with how it portrayed other religions.

June 10, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  33. stephen douglas

Freedom should not be the all out, anything imaginable, being ok. If that were the case, it would be legal to have human sacrifices as a part of a religious ceremony. Last I heard, that is a strict no-no, no matter what faith you are a part of.

There has to be a point where a line is drawn and becomes the outer limit of taste and reason.

This movie sounds as if it has reached and even surpassed those limits. Even more disturbing is the mind that could imagine this scenario, then write about it. Not to mention the so-called actors employed to be a part of the production and all the related parties required to produce this glop.

Sometimes, people have to be protected from themselves because they are too foolish to strike a responsible balance of good taste, art, and pure crap.

June 10, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Maverick

But it makes for great entertainment!

Besides, one man's crap is another Centepede's food....

June 10, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

That's the same way I felt about watching Irreversible until I reached the end and understood the character motivation. THAT was definitely a film one need only see once. Film is not strictly about entertainment, it's also about expression...anything less and it becomes a subjective value judgement. Some would argue that The Passion was essentially a snuff film, but because of the religious connotations, it's somehow ok. It's ALL subjective, which is why the director is justifiably peeved. Did you not see The Aviator where the American censorship board wanted to ban a Howard Hughes flick? By arguing he was not showing anything that hadn't been shown previously he was able to get it approved for mainstream distribution. Censors are THAT subjective, which is why they should stay out of MY decison-making process to determine what I want to view.

June 10, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • stephen douglas

I am not a fan of censorship. Nor am I a fan of human sacrifice. Nor would I want for someone to be disemboweled so somebody else could take photos and call it art. We have laws against these things EVEN THOUGH decency, common sense and respect of others should keep people from doing these things.

Freedom comes with responsibility. Freedom has to be kept in check to a point so everyone can have a good life. So we have to establish guidelines for those who want to push the limits, or go beyond them.

No normal, responsible individual would make this film. No normal, responsible individual would go to see this film.

But, it is possible that one of my children, goaded by a group of adventurous friends, might get in to see this or some equally disgusting film. And for that reason, it should be banned. Burned. I don't want a chance this could ever be seen by any kid. Period.

The maker should seek professional counseling, as should anyone else who had a part in making it. As for those who choose to see it, you really need professional help as well. Seriously.

June 10, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. SUnny

Never saw the movie; never intend to..if that's ur thing have at it..but keep that junk out of my home and out of my mind. I dont care if its banned in the UK..but people will watch it if they want too. IF there is a will there is a way.

June 10, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  35. Buster Bloodvessel

The director should cut off his hands and bury his camera.

June 10, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  36. bubbahu?

director sounds as dumb as the movie[s] .

June 10, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Stephen

It's not a movie it's a POS.

June 10, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  38. quietasamouse

Look up the plot on wiki. It does include the same boring crap from the first movie, but goes quite a bit further, hence the ban. The way the article describes the movie, it does sound like a senseless banning. Reading the plot is a whole different thing. The focus isn't on the fact that the guy is experimenting on humans, which I would say is a senseless ban. I seriously worry about the people who come up with this sick stuff and make movies out of it. I'm all for expressing yourself, but really?

June 10, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  39. Nicole

You know how like... a dog can be so ugly it comes back around to cute? Or a movie can be so bad it comes back around to great, a la Troll 2?

From what I've read of the plot details of HCII it is so shocking, disgusting, and over the top that it comes right back around to boring. I was reading it thinking "yawwwn." I couldn't even muster a sarcastic snort or an outraged "WHAT?" It was just too... dull. Something that over the top reflects a total lack of creativity.

An excess of anything can lead to what feels like a shortage. Way to go Six.

June 10, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  40. Meh

I fully suggest that the writers and anyone who said this is something that should be made be investigated to the full extent of the law because there is something wrong with these a $$ holes. I guarantee there are human remains in their freezers or something like that. We are too desensitized to this stuff. Im no prude by any extent but this is nightmarish beyond entertainment. Something is seriously broken in the center of the brain that keeps us sane. Good luck to everyone who goes to see this in whatever psycho country its released in. Make your appointment with a counselor asap because if it even appeals to you in a small way, you are damaged goods.

June 10, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  41. jade

the only thing horrifying about that movie was how bad it was. terrible acting, terrible script, and if i had to listen to those brain-dead little morons scream anymore i'd have cut their vocal cords myself.

June 10, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

That's why I interpreted the film as a comedy, albeit a black one.

June 10, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  42. micheleo

I saw the first movie and loved it for what it is... horror movies take you into a world that normally you would never know. Yes, it was gruesome... yes, it was gross... but it's a movie. I am definately seeing the second one... especially now!

June 10, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  43. tChron

Six does has a point but, on the other hand, I don't think his movie is fit for an establishment that sells popcorn and soda drinks. It's more suitable for an undergroundish-slash-arty scene.

June 10, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  44. moo

Should not be banned as it infringes on someone's right of expression of ideas. No matter how disgusting or inhumane they are, the choice to watch is, ultimately yours.
    Unfortunately, the first film was absolutely pointless and a waste of a film, which is the only reason I won't watch part 2.

June 10, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  45. Honey Monster

A couple of things:

1) It will not be illegal to view the film, as suggested in this article, but it will be illegal to distribute it. There is a difference.

2) Will everyone who's banging on about the lack of censorship in the US please wise up? Films (including the winner of Best Picture at the Oscars!) are subjected to cuts all the time in the US. The BBFC addressed the issue of cuts in their ruling on Human Centipede 2 and essentially said it was beyond help and cut the whole thing!

June 10, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  46. quentin tarantino

Oh my god, how can i survive without The Human Centipede II?

June 10, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  47. persephone

It isn't banned due to the poop eating. It was banned due to the torture scenes such as woman being r@ ped with a barbed wire wrapped whohaa and the lead sicko rubbing his bits with sandpaper. (They don't allow the real words for privates in comment.) Graphic child p0 rn, even if not "real" aren't allowed either to be shown. Should we allow everything all the time? There is a limit and any reasonable person should see that. He wasn't arrested and of course if people want to get their rocks off to this, they will find a way, but let us not pretend this is like banning art or works of literature. Then again, the same people who think this should be allowed, probably think it is wrong to ban snuff films. I mean if someone is suicidal, why shouldn't they be allowed to be killed on camera for all of us to watch? Considering how many civil liberties are being taken away every day, I find it hilarious that this is the one thing people decide they should make a stand on. No, not hilarious, but sad.

June 10, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  48. TRASH

It's *BLEEPING* Garbage. Put it in a bin where it belongs. Then place the people involved in it where they belong: the lnsane Asylum.

June 10, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  49. Lukaara

You know, I didn't care much about this movie at first, but since it's apparently terrible enough to be banned?

Oh, I WANT to see it now.

June 10, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  50. TracyL.

Need a human centipede of your own? There's an app for that.

June 10, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • ray ray

If someone is able to bend their body as to poo poo in their own mouth then would that make them a human centipede?

June 10, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  51. RY

God bless America, where I have the right to view whatever disgusting and violent movie that I want!

June 10, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

Its not about your personal liberties. Its about folks out there thinking they want to view it just to be shocked or entertained and that is the overall problem in my mind. Anyone who is interested in this or says it was good would seem a bit broken to me.

June 10, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  52. TracyL.

Banning it I will only cause people to see it more. I watched the first one after reading this article. That caused so much more attention to it.

June 10, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  53. YounanMarketingAndManagementAssociatesInc,Int'l Intst'r

henchmen of innocent blood kill yourselves all of you photo at the top of this story grouping.
    theresa noelle younan ymma-iii i-pic interpole galactica, etc.

June 10, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  54. Dick C. Normous

I just want to see the South Park parody...

June 10, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  55. Alan

SERIOUSLY!!! I loved the first centipede. I'll probably watch the second one. Hostel and Hostel 2 are wayy more graphic and intense movies btw

June 10, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  56. dineh

If you want to see a real horror look up everybody touch my body on youtube

June 10, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  57. keithmoore1

Whatever...the first movie was a great idea executed poorly. Not interested to see him take it further even if it was approved.

June 9, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Crockett

I also believe that people should decide for themselves what films to watch. However, I don't know what artistic merit a film like this would have. Without seeing it, I can't truly judge, and I choose not to see it because I don't find the concept particularly entertaining. There is a line I generally don't care to cross. For example, I enjoyed "Turistas" (mainly for the underwater sequences) but didn't care for "Hostel" so I chose not to watch the sequel. I was never interested in the "Saw" movies, although, again, I can't judge the films themselves precisely because I haven't seen them. In other words, I may choose to not see a film like "The Human Centipede" but it doesn't bother me if others go to see it.

June 9, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. gadlaw

I wish we could ban this one in the US. This is akin to those Roth Torture Pwrn movies which were widely derided and when subjected to the light of day – lost money. Any publicity that gives parents the heads up on certain inappropriate movies is good publicity.

June 9, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sophie

I actually REALLY loved this movie.
    Can't wait for more. :)

June 9, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  61. PAUL

Please watch "A Serbian Film" if you people want to see something truly disturbing. It makes this centipede crap look like a total joke.

June 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • KellyinCA

There is really only one way to view _The Serbian Film_: read the Wikipedia article outlining the plot, then wash out your eyes with sulfuric acid and enter therapy immediately. If you plugged your ears and put a black hood over your head to blindfold yourself before hitting the "Play" button, you can at least say that you were in the room while it was on. A friend of mine, a fan of Romero, lasted less than two minutes watching the film from the beginning. Honestly, folks, these are the sorts of directors that should not be receiving any funding for their masterpieces.

June 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

Read the Plot on Wiki and it does sound absolutely horrendous and disgusting. BUT, I also read the Reception which outlines the intention and meaning. I certainly understand the director's motivation that in order to understand what the government has done to its people you have to feel like your soul has been r@ped. The allegory is a little strong for my taste. I have no intention in seeing this flim, but that is MY choice. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

June 10, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  62. Ray in Vegas

It's NOT just a movie. And it will cause almost certain torture and death at the hands of wannabe sickos trying to copy what's in the movew. I usually oppose censorship ... but this time I applaud it. This sick film maker, in my opinion, is trying to inspire these actions with his grotesque movies. If you watch the news ... copy cat crimes happen all the time. Some lady drives off a bridge with her kids in it, and within a few months another lady also tries to kill her kids. It's like clockwork. I understand a lot of people, who either haven't thought much about the implications or are just not intelligent enough, see this as harmless entertainment. I see it as glorifying and encouraging sadistic, disgusting, vile behavior. If you enjoy watching these types of movies you are a sick person.

June 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Adam

Really wish these directors would learn the difference between a horror movie, and a snuff film.

June 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

Really wish you would comprehend that directors don't *classify* their work and quite frankly don't care what you want to call it. YOU do it because the natural human condition is to identify, classify, organize and pattern process for future recognition. Walks, talks, looks like an idiot, congratulations, you're an idiot.

June 10, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  64. Sunshine Girl *

What is all the d*mn hype about? If its too gross/sick/demented for you then dont watch it! But there are alot of people [myself included] who happen to enjoy this type of film. And no that doesnt make us sick. Censorship has gone way too far. Besides there are other movies that are alot worse than this. for example: Saw/The Hostel 1 &/2/Any Rob Zombie film ect. and the list goes on. Geez people really need to lighten up. Just b/c you dont like something doesnt mean everybody should be banned from it.

June 9, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Anthony Weiner

I hear Steve Jobs is releasing the HumanCentiPad2 in July

June 9, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. nicole

Slippery slope...

But in all honesty, all they have done by banning the film is generate further interest in it. There is nothing that makes people want to do something more than being told they can't. It's just free publicity at this point. Besides, people can just buy it or watch it online.

I am an American, with no invested interest in this film, but now that the UK says it's not ok, I am forced to see what all the fuss is about.

June 9, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  67. John Fredericks

People thought Hansel and Gretel was horrific at one time.

June 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

But back then it was only horrible or terrible. "Horrific" is so 00's.

June 10, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  68. rutgersmo

This negative PR wasn't antiipated by Six? Bet the PR is driving up his % of video rentals as we post.

June 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  69. madhater

No one is going to tell me to NOT watch this movie!

June 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Paul NYC

And that's what's wrong with the pearl-clutching class who feel the need to pass judgment on everything they don't like. These folks seem to not understand that if you do bad things to fictional people, it's not the same as doing them to real live people. The fictional ones don't exist and anything done to them, wait for it, didn't really happen.

June 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

But the children might get ahold of it. What kind of monster are you who thinks we should actually parent our kids?

June 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

I'd love to make a centipede out of children. At least you'd only ever hear anything out of the A portion.

June 10, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

Assuming that nobody would do this in real life is a dangerous thought.

June 10, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  71. chieatfetus

Of course the girl at the end died-what kind of nourishment can a person possibly get from feces? besides contracting Hep B & C and a nasty E coli infection...by that point she should've gotten a mouthful of diarreah from the girl in the middle.

June 9, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

Actually there are still nutrients left in feces. Why do you suppose flies lay their eggs in it? And some animals, rabbits for example, re-ingest them to extract more nutrition from them.

June 10, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  72. Michael Hamburger

If the British really want horror, they should take a look at the Queen's teeth !!

June 9, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ted morey

I think we defined what a horror film is enough, And if that's the only defense for this its a weak one. Films like these no matter what preventive measures are put in place get into the hands of those who should not be exposed to such illict, horrific images namely kids. These films are an ill conceived and irresponsible excuse for "entertainment".

June 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

Ted? Can I call you Teddy Baby? Go to school son, and learn to speak and write English. You're an embarrassment to the species.

June 10, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  74. JG

I'm concerned about the censorship of this movie. I agree the first one is disgusting, and I will never see the second one. However, there is no reason that a movie should be illegal to see. If I were living in Britain, this ban would alarm me very much.

June 9, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Ted morey

I hope it doesn't get released it a worthless pointless piece of garbage of a movie, the same as the first. I think our children are desensitized enough and its largely due to waist of time and money films like this one.

June 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

I see you haven't "waisted" any money learning correct grammar and spelling.

June 10, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  76. JB

I guess we all can be grateful the sequel didn't involve a Human Millipede. Trying to get 250 people to crawl at the same time would be frustrating. And think about the table you would need to hold it during the operation.

June 9, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jayg

@The Mad R@p3r

Are you a cretin, or do you just play one on the web? You and Tom Six should form your own centipede and burrow into the ground of stupidity.

June 9, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

June 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaygAintL33t

Where precisely is "the ground of stupidity"?

It's next to the Moral Highlands, just beyond Point Pretention. Others refer simply refer to it by it's vernacular name, "S|T|F|U|-|J|A|Y|G!"

June 10, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • JaygAintL33t

Damn apostrophe! Arggghhh!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  78. me too

No wonder the US is in the shape its in. Liberalism and Progressivism have finally won. Everything that was good and deacent is now considered bad. I pity our future generations. No wonder so many of our youth have just given up and dont even try anymore.

June 9, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buster Bloodvessel

"Everything that was good and deacent is now considered bad." Actually the article is about the general rejection of this stinkburger of a film.

June 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • me three

Those that have given up can be added as subsequent segements of the centipede.

June 10, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  79. Arick

Darn filmmakers forcing people to watch movies! We need the government to tell us what is good and bad since we are too retarded to make such choices ourselves! I applaud the UK for relieving its people of thought and responsibility! To celebrate, lets all go worship Jebus and burn some books!

June 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Toss the Bible on there first, its a violent book that might just warp my fragle little mind. Gods wiping sinners out left and right for nothing more than his own gratification as well as that of his readers.

June 9, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • ArickKcira

Yes, I do wipe for my own gratification, but I know others appreciate it too...like my buddy Nagix (the ice-cream-crapping Taco).

June 10, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  80. bonita

I thought I was a liberal. I guess i am not. Some things are wrong. If the people of our society have become so sick and depraved that they actually support a movie like this then it seems there may be too much freedom.

June 9, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  81. bonita

Muslims threaten to kill people for drawing mohammed but we allow this depravity to go on. Kinda makes the muslims look like they are smarter than we think. If this is acceptable than anything is. Maybe we do need the conservatives.

June 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Chris M

The first movie really sucked. Tom Six is a shi^^y director. All this controversy over a lame idea. Screw Tom Six and his pretentious opinion that he is making a "horror" movie. He's making a scat film. The only people interested are Germans and Tom Six.

June 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • RancidInRio

Sorry, Brazillians want it more than anyone – remember "2 Girls 1 Cup?"

June 10, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  83. Jude

Make sure the third one takes place in the UK, and it involves the centipede being made out of the British Film Board. Only THEN will they learn!

June 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  84. brokenteeth

Welcome to the new UK. You can leave your mind at the door.

June 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. garybob

"answer" we're gonna hook you up as 'segment C" of the centipede.

June 9, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  86. DJ SINEMAXX

This is a brilliant movie. Please go out and see it. The most creative horror movie of all time. Now who is going to top that? It's just a movie for Gods sake.

June 9, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaz032071

:) You go DJ. I enjoyed this totally creative, and unique horror flick.

June 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  87. ANSWER

Just because some sickos and deviates enjoy wallowing in the lowest level of filth and depravity that humans are capable of doesn't mean that we need to indulge them or pretend that what they are doing is in any way normal or socially acceptable.

June 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Greg

Damn puritanical United States Government and their....wait...what?

June 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  89. rtbrno65

Sounds like a bunch of doo doo.

June 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  90. shaft

Nothing should be banned. Let people choose to watch or to not watch.

June 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Voltairine

Should it be illegal or banned? No. But it is definitely a very sick movie made by a very diseased mind.

June 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaz032071

Hmmm...a diseased mind...really!! The concept of this movie came from OUR WORLD history. Tom Six got the idea for this movie from the events of the holocaust and the experiments the German's did on the Jews. Now...please no hate reply's...it's a factoid I read about while looking up the director, Tom Six.

June 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Alex Winter

CNN loves giving headline space to sensationalist trash. I know it's the Entertainment section but come on.

June 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Lucy Bowells

These are some of the funniest comments ever on here. The first movie was pretty stupid really, so it made it easier to "digest". I won't see the second one cause I don't enjoy gore, but others might like it..so who cares. UK..lighten up.

June 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Tom W

I bet a lot of people have wondered about a 'human centipede' or something similar, even before this series came out, probably as part of their early puberty. Don't most people have all sorts of crazy thoughts at that age?

Still... who needs to make a movie out of it?

June 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Oh No

I just crapped my pants. Anybody want to eat it?

June 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  96. someoneelse

The guy is an idiot, and so is anyone who watched this and loved it for any reason.

June 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Sam

"If people can't handle or [don't] like my movies they just don't watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time..."

But now thanks to the BBFC, there will be people who will watch the movie even though they don't like watching these kind of movies.

June 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Leo

There are things, movies, people, animals that do/are much more gross things than the "Human Centipede". It's just a movie, for F sake!!!

June 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  99. HZ

Dude needs to stop whining. He knew whatever he put in the film might lead to this. Don't tell me anybody put millions into making a film without researching what the consequences for getting it rated or banned might be.

June 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Eye Like Candy

I like candy.

June 9, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

Good! Because I have some freshly made butt fudge for you!

June 10, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

My dad loads boxes of candy onto trucks at a factory, does that make him a fudge packer?

June 10, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  101. palintwit

Here in the Palin household we like to take turns defecating on each others mooseburgers. And don't under estimate Bristol's load.

June 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  102. tracie

I want to smell a dirty diaper.

June 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  103. tracie

i love my buttt pickle with salt on it YUMMY!

June 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  104. tracie

Well, I must say that I enjoy a tuuurd in my throat! There's nothing better than a nicely soiled buttt platter!

June 9, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel Ray

Use fresh warm baby doodee to make an excellent Pimento & Cheese Spread. Dont tell your guests until after they have eaten it. They will be disgusted yet pleased and all at the same time.

June 10, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  105. paradoX187

I don't care what anyone says, I thought "The Human Centipede" was a well-done movie that actually paints a believable and horrific story about a sick individual. I don't get why the film is dismissed by so many, or why it's garnered as much media attention as it has but I think it was a pretty decent horror film with a bad rep.

June 9, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

I'm curious as to how long they would actually survive connected. Was the duration in the first film accurate? Yes folks, THAT's how sick people get to actually acting on their urges, by asking poignant questions. But seriously, I want to know.

June 10, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Shaz032071

I agree totally with you parado. I truly enjoyed the first movie. I'm a horror movie fanatic and it's not to often I come across a movie that makes me squirm in my seat or makes me say "Oh hell no" outloud...it was a true treat. I can't wait for the second one. Completely unique concept. Tom Six actually got the idea for these movies from the holocaust and the experiments the German's did on the Jews...but of course it's a fictional piece of work, so no hate reply's please; it's just factoid I read about Tom Six the director.

June 10, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Superhiro

These movies are still sick.

June 9, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Butt Weasel

Im pulling out of my butt this morning some nice LoggerHeads. Think I will put them in the fridge and have for tonites dinner.

June 10, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
    • geeeno

they sure are. too bad there are so few of them.

June 10, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  107. Ca$h

Omg: you are so right. The moron that commented you about your spelling just proved he is just what you said.

June 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiny

Sometimes I enjoy chomping down a warm steamy butt pickle. But dont tell anyone.

June 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Ca$h

Actually you just proved that you like sausages in your sandwich. You and OMG butt buddies? Riding the TROLLey together?

June 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol]

Ca$h, I don't usually respond to wastes of air space such as yourself, but if you agree with OMG, why are you even here? Wasting your life telling others they are wasting their lives really doesn't serve you a purpose. For all we know, you're probably OMG! just giving yourself a pat on the back... pathetic.

If a troll tells Ca$h to eat a bar of *POOT* I will give them some money to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

June 9, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

Tiny: Don't worry, it's our Internet Secret and no one else will find out, I promise!

June 10, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • OMG!IJustSaved100DollarsOnMyCarInsurance

"commented you" (sic)...you're as much an artard as OMG!

June 10, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  108. OMG!

A blog full of brain dead idiots. People please pick up a book. Do something productive with you lives. This country sure has gone to hell.

June 9, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ OMG!

Speaking of people with brains that don't function, how about you work on your spelling and grammar? Maybe you should be the one doing something productive with YOUR life.

June 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Me! (God)

So, OMG, what;'s your excuse? I thought you would have been reading a book instead of this thread...

June 9, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  109. MadCityBabe

I've wanting to see the first movie; however, there are some things you can't unsee...........so I hesitate

June 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

If you look at it for its ridiculous nature, its actually entertaining its so bad. If you watch it to get engrossed in a horror movie, well that's probably a bit more scarring.

June 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

The notoriety is undeserved really, it's actually not particularly graphic. If you think about it, then yeah, sure, but as regards actual visuals it's far tamer than what else is out there Hostel, SAW, & so on would show far more.

June 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Tom Selleck

Anybody up for a free moustache ride?

June 9, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Uncle Jed

When we lived up in them thar hills I would sneak off after Granny and watch her tossing butt chunks to the squirrels.

June 9, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  112. tracie

mary, there is nothing wrong with a little pooopp on your breath

June 9, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Mary

All of you seem to lacking a life and are sick. Please take your meds so normal people like myself can feel safe. I won't be surprise if some of you become killers from watch this crazy stuff. You all should watch news and court T.V. and things about what's going on in the world, not these movies about killing people.

June 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Lol, the news probably sends more people off the deep end than anything else. Its like a Grand Theft Auto reality show, minus the cool music.

June 9, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Mary

Hate to break it to you, but you do realize college is out and some schools are as well... maybe you should rethink your "reasoning with others" strategy and save it for a Dr. Phil episode.

Kids are kids, and this is their playground. They'd have to be absolutely bored with their lives or grounded without video games to be on here, though.

June 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff S

Right. Because watching the news and court tv would really help make a balance person. All they talked about on the news is people that were killed or celebrities. And court TV is not known for its happy feel good stories.

I think people should turn of the TV and perhaps read something, or learn a new language, or learn a new skill, or learn how to think for themselves.

June 9, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • MaryLikesItHard

Mary, get back to me when you pull that stick out of your !!a-s–s"!!

June 10, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  114. Shampoo Boy

Human Centipeded. Seems curiously reminiscent of a circle jerk.

June 9, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  115. The Madd Crapper

Put me at the front of this train.

June 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paco

I wish they made toilets out of glass. I would love to watch the doodoo swirl around in the pipes on its way to sewer central.

June 9, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chief

You sharted? Or, had an "oopsie poopsie?"

June 9, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  116. paul

I just soiled myself in pure joy

June 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  117. DS

I bet the outtakes are hilarious. I hope that's a bonus feature on the DVD.

June 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  118. tom N jerry

To the troll nick name~ what's the matter with you jerk? Are you so unhappy with your life that you have to come on blogs n be a jerk to everyone? You are being an azz to Peace, Beautiful Vixen, Sunhine Girl*, B lo me n others. Wt-f . You don't know how to make comments to make people laugh a bit that you have to be so mean? Do you think ppl thinks it cool and funny that you say the $h!t that you do? You come off as an azz n it old. its not funny.

June 9, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • to the dumb wrangler alias

You aren't a very smart character, are you? Your parents apparently raised you so well... to be talking all that language and nonsense. You guys sure put the TRAILER in TRAILER PARK.

June 9, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Beautiful Vixen

@nick name..lmao! Now that's funny. Enjoy your day :)

June 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  120. dretta

a good horror movie doesn't need gore to get cause fear or graphic images. the first movie sucked and there was no excuse to make a sequal. i applaud the UK .

June 9, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Rustler

What is he lead Pede becomes constipated? The other then wouldnt get fed.

June 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

I never saw the first movie, but films shouldn't be banned simply because you don't like it. Why am I even commenting? The people who comment here are so unjustifiably full of their own opinions it's ridiculous.

June 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pjay

You're applauding the banning of someone's artistic creation. Way to go! A wannabe fascist dictator who takes it upon herself to determine for other people what they may or may not enjoy. We don't need people like you.

June 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

its called a "horror movie"! the definition of a horror movie is: a film that strives to illict fear and disgust from viewers with the use of graphic/horrific images. Its not supposed to be a disney cartoon.

June 9, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeyNYC

If you applaud the UK, then perhaps you should move to the UK, since in our country, the United States of America, we have freedom of speech and can decide for ourselves whether or not we wish to watch a movie, read a book, or listen to a radio broadcast. Its rather scary to see the complete and utter morons here such as yourself who are basically supporting censorship.

June 9, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • sscenti

I thought the first movie was terrible but you sound like a nazi

June 9, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dom

censorship should never be applauded unless it's hate speech.

June 9, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joes Mama

What horror movie do you think is a good horror movie? Whatever it is, *MY* government determines it to be way too suggestive, so it should be banned.

That's the problem when you start banning movies (or books, magazines, whatever). As soon as you allow the concept, your own interests will be under attack.

Personally, if I could ban just one movie, book, etc. in the entire world, it would be the Bible. Still want to open that door?

June 9, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmymax

Then the other guys would really suck or they'd starve to death.

June 10, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

I'm against censorship, but there needs to be some sort of punishment for making this sequel..Perhaps nobody involved in the making of this film should ever get laid again...That sounds fair to me. (Frankly, that should have been the punishment for the 1st one. Including everybody who bought a ticket.)

June 10, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • sharky

@Dom–

Oh so a revolting movie of people eating each other's feces, of women being r-a-ped by a guy with barbed wire around his p*nis ((cnn censoring)) that is all right for you and should not be censored but hate speech is bad and should be censored? Now isn't that hypocritical.

June 10, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Ummmm

@dretta

You would fit right in over in North Korea, or Iran. You should move there. I assure you no one would miss you.

@sharky

If you can't tell the difference between a work of fiction and reality, you need to get off the internet immediately.

June 10, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • phil

She is right. As a collective we get to decide what is decient in our society. @Pjay...it is sickos like you we don't need. If one gets off or enjoyment from watching something like this they should immediately seek mental help. The sick person that made the movie needs help too. This is not ART...if you think it is...get help immediately...

June 10, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  121. Beautiful Vixen

Right now I'll watch anything that's not a reality show. I'm getting so sick of thoses shows that I'm even watching TCM channel. You know its bad when I start watching westerns and war movies. Anything is better than what's on tv now. Anyway he is right. If you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it. Didn't they also at one time banned a horror flick about Santa Clause killing people? The kid saw this parents got killed by Santa and he grew up and started killing people while he was dressed as Santa..

June 9, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Chief

Silent Night, Deadly Night – not a bad movie for a cheesy horror flick.

June 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crockett

I've never watched a reality show. In fact, I just don't watch TV anymore, and haven't for a number of years now. I do enjoy movies, though. I won't be seeing "The Human Centipede" sequel, but I can definitely understand why someone who is sick of reality shows would consider seeing the film just to get as far away from reality as possible.

June 9, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

In England they once banned "A Clockwork Oarnge" and that is a great classic movie!! I have no desire to see the Human Centipede films but the government has no right to make decisions about it's citizens private movie viewing habits.

June 10, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
    • OvernOut

We saw "Silent Night Deadly Night" being filmed very late one night on a residential street in Weehawkin, New Jersey. They were indeed filming in winter, but the temps were in the 70s that night, so the snow was all plastic flakes. My spouse's grandma was fascinated by the movie set.

June 10, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  122. LL

"It's a [bleep]ing movie" that sounds really disgusting.

June 9, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

The first movie was kinda funny.... Can't wait for part 2.

June 9, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • allie_b

I agree with the decision not to make this movie.

I didn't see the original Centipede, but I saw movie stills. I was traumatized for months afterwards. I had intrusive flashbacks of these images, and involuntary shuddering when the flashbacks happened.

The flashbacks stopped only a few months ago.

June 10, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
    • SKyle

"Should I eat the cuttle fish or the vanilla paste?" "A-illa aste! A-illa aste!" "Ok, I eat cuttle fish. Here it go."

June 10, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

For God's sake, allie_b: if " the flashbacks stopped only a few months ago", you still have time to regain these thrilling experiences in your otherwise uneventful life. By all means, take anoher look at the stills. And if you really want to ramp up to the next level of feeling you are actually alive, buy the DVD, but DO NOT actually view it. Place it in a special box and put in the back corner of the closet of your bedroom and know that there will always be a bogeyman in the room when you fall asleep.

Or you could just grow up.

June 10, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • sss

horrific in the sense of boring crap.

June 10, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Y'know what? I just skiped through the DVD and it is the silliest movie that ever had good production values. Just stupid. 100% not medically correct. What a failure to sustain interest. If you buy the DVD just send it to the filmmaker and ask him to have it surgically affixed to his anus.

June 10, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Fido

On a positive note, think of the toilet paper saved. It's a very environmentally friendly concept!

June 10, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I want to hear Tosh's take on "Centipede II" – he did such a good job with the first one.

June 10, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
    • WestgoesEast

Does the world need to endure *every* form of mental sickness some "artists" feel they have to share??? I'll pass, and I don't think such stuff ought to be shown to the public.

June 10, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
    • md

Wow, Six's letter should have thanked them for the large amounts of free promotion. I have never heard of either flick and I am now officially interested.

Alright, it passed; but still "across the pond mentions" are surely good for promotion of this now unobtainable movie event, unless you know how ebay works..

June 10, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Kana

@WestgoesEast – Fortunately you have the freedom of choice not to what the movie. Whether or not you prefer that form of artistic entertainment is irrelevant.

June 10, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Welcometothereal world

To allie_b:

Really??? An act of fiction that even the youngest child can infer the difference from reality??? Jeez... I hope you don't have a subscription to: Newsweek, Time, U.S. News and World Report, etc. I bet you have no protest readily available about unrealistic cultural and sociological relations boil underneath real-world currents. Do you let every young person understand that every religion promotes limited tolerance and subversive intolerance? I'm sure you don't. The one you follow ( as a result of PURELY of geographic location) would never permit that. Even when your acute beliefs go against the very principles you purport to believe in.
      Thank ...your god (not capitalized for a reason) doesn't watch the news, or pay attention to what christianity does on a daily basis. You'd be traumatized for generations...not just a few mere months. Intolerant fools!

June 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • welcometothereal world

My apologies,

In my fervent need to get across my point, I did commit a couple of grammatical errors. My mistake. Please don't let any trivial syntax errors detract from the principle concept...unless of course, that is all you have to offer...

June 10, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • avcviper

Feed her!!!!! Feed her!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Annunaki

allie, the decision is not about whether the film *should* be made, it's about distribution. A director can pretty much make anything they want (R-rated, two girls-one-cup or snuff film). It's the censorship boards that control who sees what through mainstream media. Quite frankly, the movie could be released as a digital download from a country that does not have any censorship laws and the UK would be none the wiser since only a handful of countries actually block IPs and the UK is not one of them.

June 10, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Pet

I liked the first movie. I saw it with a group of friends and we will probably all watch the 2nd one together too. If you don't want to see it, don't watch it. If you are scared of the trailer, don't watch it.

June 10, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny 88

Geez, it is just a movie. Too much complaining. I wish people would just get their heads out of their ... Oh, sorry.

June 10, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Tevii

To allie_b:
      Are you kidding me? How pathetic. When did everyone become so sensitive to everything? A bunch of weak willed pansies everywhere geez. ITS A MOVIE. With so many people crying over stupid stuff like this, i am so curious how someone like you would handle a REAL disaster or event. Survival of the fittest would eliminate you immediately.

June 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaybeggar

I have been watching horror movies for the past 50 years. I love them. My need to escape is fulfilled. My interest is usually pycked (? spelling). The lessons/moral issues displayed are usually obvious but necessary, I suspose. I saw the first movie. Combining the Gastrointestinal tracts of three humans together just wasn't very interesting. I would suggest that part 2 will be the same.

June 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaybeggar

But on the issue of banning a movie: NO movie has ever really been banned. Not Nosferatu, Not A Clockwork Orange, Not Freaks (although people tried). So never fear, if this sort of raw, pointless "medical horror" appeals to you; you will be able to see it

June 10, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • moe smith

@allie_b - put on your big girl panties. You'll be ok. stop being so melodramatic. it's tiresome. did you put the back of your hand to your forehead as you typed your statement? welcome to life: you have choices... you chose to look at ALL OF THE STILLS. you knew the premise of the movie. what did you expect to see? ridiculous...

June 10, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marc Skolnik

Can't wait to see Centrepeed II. The first was a real 'horro'r film and not to the usual formula. I agree that don't watch if it's to hard to handle

June 11, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Diddly Squat

To Allie B, if just viewing some movie stills was so traumatic, how do you handle life? It's a *bleepin* movie.

June 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bassmeant

"I'll pass, and I don't think such stuff ought to be shown to the public."

see thats whats wrong today. People like you, who i consider to be weak, should NEVER be allowed to make decisions for anyone else. If it's not hate speech or inciting violence, then it falls under the first amendment and is protected. How dare you dictate to anyone what an artist should or shouldnt make. People like you really suck. Im not kidding. Peace

June 13, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  123. Poochie

Thank you for making my day.

June 9, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |