Edie Falco: WTH is Kim Kardashian?
June 8th, 2011

Edie Falco: WTH is Kim Kardashian?

There’s rarely a day where you can escape hearing about one Kardashian or another, but acclaimed actress Edie Falco would still like a primer on why one particular Kardashian’s so famous.

Falco, whose work in “The House of Blue Leaves” earned her a Tony nomination, told New York magazine’s Vulture that she thinks our celebrity obsession has turned into a fascination with people who haven’t done anything to warrant being a celebrity.

“There’s an obsession with famous people who, oftentimes, are not worthy of a million people knowing who they are and what they think,” the “Nurse Jackie” star said.

“Like, forgive me, I don’t know if you’re friends with her – but who the hell is Kim Kardashian?” she asked. “Who are these people and why are they famous and why are they advertising things and being asked their opinions about things? I just don’t understand what these people did to be in a position of having everyone ask their opinions about stuff.”

It would be easier to comprehend, Falco said, “if there’s something about her personality or something that she’s accomplished or her philosophy or something – but beyond that I don’t understand what’s happening. It's actually frightening.”

It makes sense, then, that despite her widespread level of fame, Falco was never one who wanted that. "There were other women I went to school with who really were aiming for this, this was kind of what they wanted," she told Vulture. "And the fact that I am the one who ended up here...the universe is getting a good laugh. Like every actor says, I just want to do good work. It sounds disgusting, but I think it really is true."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kardashians

1. RMM

I agree with Falco. If I had the choice of doing it with Kim what's her name or Edie Falco, I would choose Edie.

November 5, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Stanley Tucci

I wonder if KK is going to make a few remarks about Falco? Can't wait to hear them.

February 20, 2012 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Maria

Why is it that just because someone doesn't express their worship or praise about a celeb (in this case Kim K.) Or whoever,that some commenters label them as "jealous"? Let's just say- if you disliked a talentless, alcoholic, bum, who became famous and wealthy just because, then would it be fair to call you, jealous? So you're suppose to be automatically a fan and or keep quiet? If that's the case, we are all jealous because I'm sure at some point in life we have all disliked or spoke negatively about a particular person or thing.

October 2, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Maria

Why is it that just because someone doesn't worship or praise every celeb (in this case Kim K.) Or whoever,that some commenters label them as "jealous"? Let's just say- if you disliked a talentless, alcoholic, bum, who became famous and wealthy just because, then would it be fair to call you, jealous? If that's the case, we are all jealous in some way, because I'm sure at some point in life you have disliked or spoke negatively about a particular person or thing.

October 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eli

It's all about jealousy .

June 24, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jim

Edie Falco is a good actress but one thing I will say is that none of us should care about what any celebrity thinks about any topic regardless of if their fame is deserved or not.These people are not rocket scientists....they pretend to be other people they aren't scholars.

June 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Exactly! People who form their opinions based on what celebrities think are idiots! THINK FOR YOURSELVES PEOPLE!!! IF YOU CAN!!!

June 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mrs. Thing

Edie, you couldn't be MORE RIGHT! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

June 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ai

The kardashians became famous just by being themselves. No acting necessary! That makes you jealous, fugly Falco? Coz you still need to work hard to gain a name ...while others can be famous just by being who they are. And now you want to ride on the Kardashian's popularity?
    Just keep to yourself... There are MILLIONS of people asking , WHO THE HELL IS EDIE FALCO? You are a NOBODY.

June 10, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. beverly wade

Who are you with your ugly beak to pass judgement on the Kardashians

June 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tom Gallagher

Right on Edie. I couldn't have said it better myself.

June 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lulu

If none of you like the Kardashians why do you watch or read anything about them. I really doubt that your arms are being twisted. Watch reruns od the Sopranos or Nurse Jackie and stay away from the K shows.
    It's still a free country, watch what you want. Seems to me there is a lot of jealosy out there

June 9, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kathy c

Dont be such a HATER Edie, its very unattractive and you come across as jealous.

June 9, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. alison

Have you ever heard of a starving artist? Silently sitting in quiet desperation. Think of the madness that is expressed through art, theatre and literature. Expressionism. It is not a question of talent, it is the answer of passion and self thought. independent thought and making a selection of a path that is a gift ... and sometimes a curse.

June 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SirMycroft

I guess only actress/actor's are allowed to be famous for their looks and what they say. Seems like the reality TV folks are getting more attention and the actress/actor's are getting tired of having their thunder being taken away.

June 9, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Misty

Screw you Edie Falco You only wish you could be half the woman Kim is!!

June 9, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lenny

So freaking true! Why is that idiot famous?

June 9, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  17. Uncle Tom

More $ex videos in 2012 – we need more vacuous nonsensical tardlings out there roaming the hillsides surfing their celbrity wave until it crashed into the surf.

June 9, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  18. CPA

WTH is Kim Kardashian? You know, the girl who got popular for shining Ray J's flagpole. Ring a bell?

June 9, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  19. Cynthia McFadden

I agree- Kim K must go away. Maybe the Kardashians need a dose of reality. With all their fame and fortune, the Kardashian family should put some effort into being humanitarians. Ditch the glamour and help disaster victims.

Shame on Bruce Jenner! He was considered a great role model when he won the gold medal in the decathlon in the '76 Olympics. He was viewed as the all-American wholesome idol and top amateur athlete on the Wheaties box. He is now part of a family that promotes the very opposite.

June 9, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. boocat

Every time I hear about the Kardashians, I have the same reaction. Who the hell are these media wh0res and why should we care?

June 9, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  21. alice

I bet Meredith Baxter Birney would love to get some of Edies bacon gease all over her face.

June 9, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Fluff

I wonder sometimes how many good things could be accomplished in the world if normal people spent their time doing other things instead of watching tv (e.g. Kardashians AND the Sopranos)? By the way here in Germany we also got famous people who are famous for....errrrr I dunno lol.

June 9, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. Humberto

I have to admit I don't know this actress that well, but she is right. The Hiltons and Kardashians are famous for being loose women.

June 9, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mr. Davidson

Now ,it was kind of late and I saw her picture on the side of a semi trailer ,as large as life in a stunning pose covered only by some feathers.A perfume ad on a semi ,isn't that something ,made my night,and I'm a driver.

June 9, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sunshine Girl *

@Mr Ed...Hey thats a good idea. Why not? If those bimbo Kardashians can do it why cant we? I sure could use millions in my bank acct. How about yall? Besides were a h*ll of alot smarter!

June 9, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Mr. Ed

We should get a few of us together and make our own reality show. I think we would be great together doing this. A whole bunch of different people. We can get Ted, @N, Ben, Tin Tin, Vixen, Sunshine, B lo me, T-Rex, Mad Rap3r, Peace, Yes even Jen, the troll that's causing trouble lately, Mastermind, the-dude, charlie crack and the rest. I think we would blow the heck out of reality tv.

June 8, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sunshine Girl *

Just goes to show you how far T & A will get you. Id really hate to see what gravity is going to do to that big ole *ss when Kim turns 50! They keep doing stupid stunts and the media plays on the stupidity and keeps their name in the limelight. And Im sure all that so called business sense I keep hearing about didnt happen all on their own. Im sure they had alot of help along the way. Sure hope her 15 minutes is just about up already!

June 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Absolutely right, I wish the blogs on here could go a week or so without mentioning them. At first I was like, wow Kims hot, but after the millionth story about them its kind of meh. Scarlett Johannsons better looking anyway.

June 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dough

Kids under the age of 20. Please turn off your TVs when the Kardashian Show and American Idol are on. We need that family (and producer Ryan Seacrest) to go away. Terrible.

June 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. balls2theWall

Guess what edie....opinions are like armpits...everybody has them and they stink...

June 8, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kimmie

Think about it: The family successfully uses their celebrity to market themselves and make millions; they are business women. They are successful because Americans stop at their stores, buy their clothes, and watch their reality shows. If you could do the same thing (Kim made $6 million during 2010), you would certainly jump at it...

June 8, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathy c

I agree!! Edie is just jealous because Kim is beautiful and filthy rich!

June 9, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

@kathy c – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Not everyone finds Kim Kardashian attractive!!! She could secretly be a man for all you or I know!!!

June 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. umrebelbelle

Thanks Edie for speaking up about the Kardashian's. Glad I am not the only one who thinks they are worthess. I am tired of the no talent bimbos making news all the time.

June 8, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chad

Yet another self righteous celebrity slamming Kim Kardashian. So KK is famous for her reality show? So what?! She's not harming anyone, she's just making a living. I'd much rather watch her, than self righteous celebrities who think they're better than everyone.

June 8, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  33. SmarterthanU

Exactly! Who is Kim? Who is Edie? Who is a 'star'?

They act, while we live real lives. We are the stars. The unsung heroes. The unpaid. The overlooked. The poor.

June 8, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. melisa

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO! thank you thank you thank you!exactly what I think!WHAT THE HELL HAS SHE DONE.

June 8, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. pope pius IV

Edie falco is a saint

June 8, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Danny Akerman

Edie Falco,
    Just who the hell are you to judge somebody? you were extremely lucky to get the part in the SOPRANO'S, otherwise you would have been just another overweight washed up actress, making second rate made for TV movies. and you have the gall to put down KIM KARDASHIAN, one of the most beautiful women in the world, if you ever took the time to see one of her shows, you would see one of the kindest down to earth woman around, Do you know she and her sisters made around 65 million dollars last year, How much did you make edie? you piece of crap!

June 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • poppy

Wow, Danny. That's quite an idiot rant.

June 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

one of the most beautiful women in the world? that's quite a stretch. she is famous because daddy got a murderer off

June 9, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  37. angelicX2

@angelic like edie falco?

June 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Angelic

What about people who do good in the world...where is their chance at fame?? Firefighters, Army/Navy Veterans...people who risk their lives everyday to make a difference...we RARELY hear about these people!! What kind of world do we live in that some of us idolize Talentless, FAKE people...??!!!

June 8, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. tony soprano

I never did like you

June 8, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. eddie falco

Edie its me...your inner child that's actually a boy....hey.....SHUT UP

June 8, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  41. pass the peas please

Btw, edie why should we know and care about you? Just sayin...

June 8, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. sirmixalot

I like bigs butts, and i cannot lie. but i cant stands anymore of thes lifesize j ! zzrags

June 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not 2FondofKK

Good point! The K sisters may be hot, but that is just VD bait. Look at all of the nogs they have knocked boots with, and you should worry that they have at least one nasty disease. They are in the mold of Paris Hilton and her harpie herpie.

June 22, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  43. Isaac

My new hero!

June 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. couchtater

Isn't Jersey Shore based on The Sopranos???? Edie, I'd say you're being a bit arrogant & it doesn't look good on you.

June 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. brad

when did acting become such a noble profession? who cares what actors think? actors should be grateful that reality stars came along so they'd have someone to feel superior to...

June 8, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mitch

Who is Edie fuc who?

June 8, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. bell

Ah so now its time to trash Edie Falcon an accomplished actress for maybe not knowing who a Kardashian is? God forbid someone doesn't know about Kim Kardashian, maybe they're busy with a real job & don't have time let alone want to intelligence trying to figures out who the Kardashian's are! I follow quality entertainment & actors. Let the bashing on me begin!

June 8, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Booo

I'd do Stanley Tucci, too! He was hot in "The Devil Wears Prada!"

June 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Archibald

Edie...the answer can be heard every friday night, spoken at least once by Bill Maher because it proves to be true on a weekly basis...this is a really stupid country.

June 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  50. sean

That's too darn funny cause I know who Kim Kardashian is but I don't know who the hell Edie Flaco is??? Guess she's just mad cause Kim is getting more attention....poor thing, she just starting drama to get known, publicity stunt it is!!

June 8, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

Exactly Edie's point. Edie is a fantastic actress with a very large body of work. The fact that you know who Kim is and not Edie shows both your and the culture's shallowness.

June 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kristin

It is a real shame if any one idolizes Edie Falco – when she decided to sleep with and then subsequently live with Stanley Tucci he was married and the father of 3 children under the age of 4 – instead of spending her time criticizing others for any reason maybe she should take a long look in the mirror.

June 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. AGREED

Right on ! ! It's not as if the Kartrashians have done anything WORTHWHILE for the universe - just greedy hoes lining their pockets with your idiots' $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

June 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. OJ Simpson

Roberts little girl? She's famous because of daddy and dat booty. Will she be famous when the beauty fades and the booty blows out? magic 8balls sez nope.

June 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Rlg

It is a shame the public idolizes the Kardasians; they have no talent, are average looking and make no contributions to a better society!

June 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  55. your average joe

She and her clan are no talent hacks who exploit their bodies for financial gain. Remind you of any other profession?

June 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. deedee4

This cheap form of entertainment produces cheap people who will do anything for a buck and 15 minutes of fame. Quality is not recognized today. If a nobody causes trouble, gets drunk, walks around with a dog hanging out of her purse, then they have an immediate fan base for no good reason at all. We have to stop watching it. Hollywood is saving money because it does not have to pay actors and actresses for appearing in sitcoms but instead they produce trash that will bring them many millions of dollars and fans.

June 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jack

As if she doesn't know who Kim Kardashian is. Play stupid, that's cool.

June 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Ted

YAAAAAY EDIE ! : ) I agree with you 100 percent. The Kardashians are famous because one time KIm was a friend of Paris Hylton. Why does being someones buddy make you famous ?

June 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Pixiegirl

Amen. But you haven't been the first to say it.

June 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. tracie

how do i post a picture on here? is this a turrd forum??

June 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Silentboy741

"There’s rarely a day where you can escape hearing about one Kardashian or another"

Yeah, thanks to you, Marquee Blog...

June 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  62. saboth

She's completely right. There are too many people looking at the Kardashians and Jersey Shore (and their ilk) as role models. These people have no talents, no intelligence, and nothing to offer society, yet people are emulating them for some reason. Honestly..."The Situation" gets paid millions of dollars to drink, sound stupid, work out and do laundry. Something is *seriously* wrong with this country. More frightening was putting him on the Comedy Central Roast with talented, intelligent comedians. I was worried about whomever followed him on stage, because after he totally bombed, I figured he'd leave a greasy sweat puddle on stage.

June 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

....he also tans – verrrrry important part of his array of "talents"....

June 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

I am not a huge fan of the Kardashians – but I would not say they have no intelligence – Kim, Kourtney and Kloe are successful owners of 4 clothings stores and a jewelry line. 2 of these clothing stores were succssful before anyone had heard of them – so they do have some business sense.

June 8, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • comeon

Kristin,
      They are called managers and agents. Did you watch the interview with Piers Morgan? They couldn't even explain their own talents. He asked them straight up what sort of talents they had... their response: business, marketing and advertising. They do what their reps tell them too. If they had good business sense they would not have alined themselves with the credit card that took advantage of teens.

June 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mollie

Like actors deserve fame b/c they act? Gimme a break.

June 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  64. tracie

she has GOT to be one of the ugliest people i have ever seen in my life

June 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Beautiful Vixen

Yes, I agree with Edie. Enough already. I'm sick of all these reality shows and hollywood movie remakes.

June 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  66. jen

Edie you're a smart woman, you know the reason the Kardashians are famous is because The Hiltons fifteen minutes had finally ran out.Soon theirs will be over and then another obscure family will take their place VH1 is probably prepping them now.

June 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Louis Mayer

Totally agree with Roya..it is just frustrating on how those people are living the life out the ignorance and pour values of their fans. Reality stars are the result of ignorance and pour values..a dangerous formula!

June 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • CH1108

"Pour" values? Please don't call others ignorant!

June 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dontrell

I agree with Roya and others.... and agree 100% with Edie.

Kardashian is worthless.... all she's done as far as I know, is have a famous father (or some connection to Bruce Jenner), but as far as HER and what SHE"s done, all I know is she's done a lot of black guys.

And she has a big fat ugly butt.
      She does have a pretty face. That's it though.

June 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

I agree...so sad. Reality television, a sad excuse for entertainment. Real sad part is its a win win for all those stoopid cheap producers out there. They like the fact that they make a "show" and pretty much pay nothing for it.

June 9, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  68. Roya M

I hear ya Eddie. I'm so sick of bimbo, plastic, talentless nobodies being famous for no reason. What the hell is going on with our culture? Snookie, Kim, Chloe, their mom....Please...go away!

June 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Anthony Weiner

Sorry Edie, no texts for you.

June 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

Dr Mr Weiner, I want to bang your wife. Just thought you should know. She really has fantastic legs.

June 9, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  70. Kim Kardashian

WTH is Edie Falco?

June 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE PREDATOR

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?

June 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey5Picks

Ever hear of "The Sopranos"?

June 8, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • HollywoodSurF

Oprah's new problem with her TV network is a 250 lb + problem!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JhjUC0y3Gc&w=640&h=390]

June 8, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna Brennan

I ask that same question....I finally had to ask someone....I'm so happy there are other people out there that don't give a damn about the freaking Kardashians!!!!!

June 8, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

You know Edie Falco-Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, and countless other films and movies?? Do you seriously not know who she is? Do you live under a rock?

June 9, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Stella

So what if the person doesn't have HBO? How would they hear about it? Thought so, simpleton.

LOL you fools obviously didn't get "Kim Kardashian's" comment.

June 9, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • jim

Amen to that! Who cares anything about Kim Kardashian or any of them. They've done nothing and aren't even good looking! Enough already abou "famous" nobodies!!!!!

June 9, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • fasteddie

Could not agree more with Ms. Falco. As far as I can tell, Ms Kardashian has no talent or skills, but she must have a dynamite press agent. She is sort of like a living version of the "Seinfield" show. You know, a show about absolutely nothing.

June 9, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • BD

10/10

good troll

Kim Kardashian isn't fit to polish an actor of the caliber of Edie Falco's award hardware.

June 9, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

anyone who likes or follows the Kardashians are as stupid and pointless as that whole clan, and those perpetuating their fame I say STOP!!!!! for the love of god when will we stop making nobodys into stars ? seriously?

losers

June 15, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Eli

It's all about jealousy.

June 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paula Terry

How can your family and you sleep at night throwing away all that money you make when other americans are starving and can barely make it from one week to the next. All of you should give all the money you make to help others in this world, not to act like real stars and spend like you all do. Hope reality TV stops making people that are only interested in themselves famous (if you call it that). Who gets a $90000 car on their 16th birthday and who spends a fortune on a wedding that never was meant to work out. I for one are tired of paying for cable just to watch dumb selfish people get rich acting lilke they are really stars, yuck if your family are stars then I must be one to.

November 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Voter

Award for best comment goes to Tracie!

June 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |