U.K. film board bans 'Human Centipede' sequel
A still image from the first "Human Centipede" film.
June 7th, 2011

U.K. film board bans 'Human Centipede' sequel

Last year’s “Human Centipede” had a difficult premise to sit through, but this year’s follow-up has a disturbing enough concept to get banned in the U.K.

According to the Guardian, the British Board of Film Classification has deemed the film, titled “The Human Centipede II: Full Sequence,” as a “real risk” to moviegoers and denied the movie an 18 certificate as a result. That means that "The Human Centipede II" can't legally be distributed in the U.K., even by DVD or download.

There are some plot details below, so if you have a sensitive stomach – or were somehow planning to see this film – be mindful of what’s after the jump.

Director Tom Six kept the gruesome idea of kidnapped subjects being stitched together mouth to rear to create a “human centipede,” but added on to the story. The subject of the sequel becomes “erotically obsessed” with the first “Centipede” film, and thus decides to create his own, the Guardian reports.

The BBFC said that "There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalized, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience.” No amount of editing, the BBFC said, could make the movie eligible for certification.

As a result, the organization sees the film as posing “a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.”

Filed under: movies

1. http://www.olivair.co.uk/links.html

Meetings between APA and administration are slated to carry on because of this coming weekend. The APA Board of Directors will reconvene on Monday, June twenty five next a weekend recess to offer steering towards the APA negotiating team inside ongoing discussions.Decide places off ruling on Yellow Media's personal debt approach
    http://www.olivair.co.uk/links.html http://www.olivair.co.uk/links.html

November 25, 2013 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Georgeskqw

Hello everyone I just wanted to bring in myself. When you have any queries please feel free to request. Remorseful for my bad language

November 28, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. Georgehuph

Hello every person I simply desired to expose me personally. When you have any questions please request. I'm sorry for my bad english

November 24, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gimpy124

I'm gimpy :)

October 27, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sam47783

I'd like to introduce myself to you all. I am a very nice person which loves helping to other guys and gals. So... hey everyone! See you around!

October 23, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Saringham

Hi, I'm a happy man working as a Analyst in the USA.
    I strangely love my work and I need distractions at times while in the office.
    So I joined here. :)

August 4, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. Anna

Haha, I'll bet the director bribed the BBFC into banning it, because of all the publicity he'd get from it.

June 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Because lord knows, he's clearly never going to get publicity from making an actual decent film.

June 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. madhater

I thought it was a classic! Can't wait to see the next one.

June 9, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chaz

The first one gave me a craving for Moms Homemade Doodee Pot Pies!!

June 9, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Amanda

I have seen the first film and am in no hurry to see this one. It's insane someone would think this up, and it was a well put movie, but I cannot sit through something like the first one...With that said, they should allow other people to make that choice for themselves. If they want to see it, its their choice.

June 8, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @ England & R@p3r

Are you two serious? Worst argument ever.

June 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. The Mad R@p3r

I meant more recently, like the defense cuts and sharing carriers with France and such. I understand the UK is a much different place than the US but it really doesn't sit well with me when any western democracy starts censoring stuff. Freedom isn't a one-way street and who's to say the govt won't make a u-turn based on some bureaucrats idea of what's in our best interests.

June 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. England forever

If your going to insult the UK, get it right... A neutered military, who conquered most of the world, from one of the smallest countries in the world. (A military who is still doing the USA's dirty work) And, did I say it wasn't a Dutch film, no. I commented on the fact that the UK had banned it, and seemingly america hasn't.

June 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. England forever

I can't understand the lack of intelligence of some of the posters here. If the first film is anything to go by, then this film will not suitable for film viewers in the UK. Like the first one, it will be a sick, sad, sadistic, and very poorly written and acted film. Just because america, thinks it's ok to let their viewers watch truly awful films, you shouldn't judge Britain with such low standards. Britains is not (not yet anyway) part of america, we are not the same, we don't like all the same stuff, we think very differently most of the time, ever our language is different...

June 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Everyone keeps referencing America, the first one was actually a Dutch film. Enjoy your nanny state and neutered military though.

June 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

What's amazing is the fact that the king of the do()chebags, The Mad R@pist, didn't ever see the movie but still thinks his opinion matters. Hey R@pist? GO F()CK YOURSELF!!!!!!

June 8, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Every king needs his fool, Fake Peace, thanks for keeping me and the rest of the people here entertained at the cost of your dignity.

June 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. malthusa

gain control by banning unpopular items, and precedence is set henceforth, the electric fence closes in, but the next generation wont remember how big the field used to be.

June 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. sharky

People who would even want to see disgusting, revolting movies like this or even that extreme vomit inducing and in need of serious therapy movie A Serbian Film, truly need to have their heads examined. Something is seriously wrong with you people.

June 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Timm

I found the first one to be throughly disgusting,disturbingly vile & devoid of any redeeming qualities. I thought it was the feel good hit of the year. Can't wait got the sequel.

June 8, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mr BrownTongue

I loved this movie.

June 8, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  20. william

Thank God this type of censorship isn't allowed in the U.S., right? At least not yet. Our great Nanny in Washington is feverishly working on protecting our delicate sensitivities, to be sure, so it's only a matter of time. I mean, why should adults have to right to watch whatever they damn well like in the "land of the free"? You know that's just a talking point, right, with no basis in law. In other words... shuck the fut up, Oh Great Nanny... we've heard about enough from you.

June 8, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  21. James

Exactly how can a movie harm me? Can it harm me more than my elected representive twittering his weiner all of the interwebs? More than hearing about and seeing graphic images of the carnage over in Libya? More than seeing a movie about the holocaust? More than cheap dental braces caught in my pubic hair? Grow up.

June 8, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. 1996z28

Can we say 2+2=5

June 8, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. Disavowed71

I honestly never laughed so hard at a so called, "horror / real life potential" film. I had several friends that stated they could not finish the film due to the "grossology" factor of the film. The film is, IMO, honestly not gross just incredibly poor from a director standpoint, actor standpoint and "special (short bus) effects. I can just imagine those actors telling their family, friends and counterparts about this opportunity to be in this film. Now the same moron is making an addition abomination to the film...Charlie Sheen should try his drama chops on this one that would bring the laughter factor even more to the surface.

June 8, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • humberto

Sounds like redford, coppola and them making sandwiches on the set and redford wondering, this isn't what he expected hollywood to be like.

June 8, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bobo

These movies give a new meaning of a$$ to mouth

June 8, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  25. Religious Rick

I want to see only the parts with doo doo eating, petting, munching, handling etc.

Uh oh...Im getting a chubby.

June 8, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Viewer

This was a "true" ATM movie! I loved when the oriental guy apollogised before he dumped in the girl's mouth, but the look of relief on his face was hysterical.

June 8, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. frank

I am reading this while on the toilet. I would say more, but I now have to wipe.

June 8, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  28. Christine

Omg! I WISH I could BURN the images from the orginial movie out of my head! AWFUL! I will never watch the sequel!!! EWE just EWE!

June 8, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  29. Chris

Freedom is one thing but like it or not there is a limit for everything and people making cr@p like this just to be digusting is not needed. What kind of person would want to see something like this and enjoy it? People cannot do whatever they want because of "Freedom, Rights or in the name of Art" or they could do whatever they want to whomever they want. Some folks have no moral values, luckily there are still some who make the decisions that affect our lives that do. Thank you BBFC for having some sense or morality.

June 8, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

They could just as easily say The Passion Of The Christ is a snuff film. Where does the line get drawn?

June 8, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Well thank you very much Chris. I'm glad that you are more than willing to let somone else decide what you should and shouldn't be allowed to view. Perhaps you should let ME have the honor? I think that would be best for you. You should check with ME before you see any movie, watch any television or read any book/newspaper or magazine. Then I will tell you whether or not you are able to handle the contents.

June 8, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  30. Feed her bich

I love these sick movies..cant wait to see this one

June 8, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  31. Aaaaaahhhhhhyeah

Fffffff

June 8, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  32. jonn

Good theing I dont live in the uk

June 8, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Iban3z

Has anyone from the U.K. Seen "A Clockwork Orange?" seems their explaination for Centepede is the same description you see in A Clockwork orange, but that isn't banned...

June 8, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Actually Iban3z ... A Clockwork Orange WAS banned in the UK until recently.

June 8, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  34. Willow

This movie is more disgusting than scary. What is it with "horror" movies these days and them wanting to make everyone throw up? I don't enjoy that. I'd rather see an old-school Friday the 13th movie, or one of the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies, any day.

June 8, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  35. citizenUSA

A lot of people can come up with some pretty sick ideas. Thankfully there are other like myself that don't want to see it in a movie. Real life is disturbing enough. I can't imagine that there is much of an audience for that kind of thing that a sequel was being considered.

June 8, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  36. Cleveland

I am astounded that such things are considered, even in the imagination or for the sake of a movie, let alone the depths that mankind can sink to in the name of, "art" or "entertainment". Fortunately someone had a lucid moment long enough to draw the line somewhere.

June 8, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Jude

There shouldn't be a line. The government – any government – shouldn't be in the business of deciding what is morally correct to be shown in any kind-of media or art. Banning stuff from public? Sure, fine... But banning it completely is ridiculous. That's going too far.

June 8, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  37. screw europe

Screw europe and their communists ways the queen should die and hitler should of conquered the uk at least he wouldnt censore this

June 8, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jim Goode

Dear U.K.:

It's just a movie. Relax.

June 8, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  39. sarah

I don't really believe in censorship but when i read the plot summary for this sequel i wanted to vomit. the first one might not have been as bad as some people say but this second one is seriously F'ed up. anyone who would want to see it after reading the plot summary i did probably does some horrible and brutal things to people in actual life. wether or not the movie is make believe doesn't matter. anyone who would want to see this sequel and anyone who will enjoy it, well they probably have done things that they should be put away for for life.

June 8, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Lol, that's like saying watching Clockwork Orange will make you crave a spot of the ultraviolence and in out in out

June 8, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Don't forget The Mad R@p3r .... A Clockwork Orange was banned in the UK too!

June 8, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Yeah I read that yesterday, it was kind of a weird ban though. Kubrick himself was the one who banned it, seems a bunch of lawyers used the flick as a defense when they're clients went a bit off the deep end. There were also alleged death threats against Kubrick and his family over it too.

June 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

That was my understanding too The Mad R@p3r. Apparently the British have such delicate sensibilities that they can't stand to watch "controversial" movies. I guess they really do need their gov't to do their thinking for them on that side of the pond.

June 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Whar

Saw about half the first one but then my movie ADD kicked in and never saw the rest of it...how'd it end?...rather have watched "motel hell" lol worlds best beef jerky hahaha besides a centipede has more than 12 appendages...was more like the human 2 ants or something lol

June 8, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  41. nemo

Because...you jerky turkeys...in 1984 a book was wrote about a certain river snot.....you see..

Before the osmomds and the bunkers..

There was river snot...and it made passionate love to miss sjunky monkey pooter slag and made a baby...but it was deformed and angry.
    One summer in 1994 I got this big bone for this girl.
    Ot was natural.

I was sent to a work camp and they made me all better.

Now ....nurse ratchet ....why can't I have my cigarettes?

June 8, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  42. JC

FUK YOU UK

June 8, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  43. dave

Hah! All of you missed the point. The uk really wants people to watch the film, so they banned it. Reverse psychology. They also wanted a boatload of severely ill informed people to make comments about it for the free publicity. Now they will rake in the cash on the kickbacks from the filmmaker, laughing all the way to the bank at how simple minded the masses truly are. Enjoy the movie!

June 8, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  44. Ronald Raygun

you can watch real war on TV, but cant watch a pretend movie.

June 8, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  45. Amir

Censorship is alive and well in the Western world; it's just not contained to totalitarian dictatorships.

June 8, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  46. Rob dink

The U k showed sense this movie nrrds not br made it is anti civilized Go Brits

June 8, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  47. jc

they should just ban it for being a bad movie

June 8, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  48. Sunshine Girl *

Its just a movie folks! Make believe. Hollywood. If you dont realize that when you watch it then you have a problem. Dont want your kids to see it? Dont let them watch it then. If you dont like it dont watch it. But that shouldnt be a reason to stop others from seeing it. Censorship has gone way too far. I agree the ban will only increase is popularity and cause more people to want to see it to see what all the hype is about. Remember MAKE BELIEVE!

June 8, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  49. Michael

Response to writer named "dececny": you used the word "bottom-feeders." How funny and correct is that?

June 8, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  50. BenLaBédaine

It's ironic (and sad, and distressing), because the *real* horror lies in a notion of the world widely accepted by the high instances of UK and beyond. And what's even more ironic, is that if a movie could be made about the atrocities committed by "the good guys, in the name of truth and justice", it would be banned too.

June 8, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jakob

The film was incredible boring and only got a sequel because of people who thought it was the "mOST DISGUSTING THING EVER." As there will be a need to "SCHEDULE A THERAPIST." The film, compared to classics such as "The Thing" or "Aliens" is nothing. Not a drop in the bucket. Oh and while I'm at it, multiculturalism is a lie. An act of wishful thinking, like a utopian society can only be accomplished with a totalitarian dictator.

June 7, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  52. PB

The movie itself sounds very sick and here are people agonizing over banning it. Freedom of speech does not mean that anyone could cross limits of minimum human decency. It also comes with some responsibility. You misuse it long enough, it will be eventually restricted.

June 7, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arick

Sheep detected. Whose definition of decency should we use? Your definition? A radical Islamic cleric? Mormons? You know why you are a sheep? You believe that governments have the right to take away your rights. Government should derive power from the people. You are no better than the book burners.

June 8, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Arick is right. At what point do you try and tell the gov't that they've taken TOO much of your rights away? I promise you when that day comes it will be too late! So what next???? The gov't decides that religion is sick and depraved and decides to ban all forms of religion. Is THAT okay? The gov't decides that protesting against its policies is "bad" for society so then all protests are banned. Is THAT okay? Tell me where the slipery slope begins and where YOU will decide the gov't needs to stop making decisions FOR you.

June 8, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Cidel Fastro

The Weiner guy did it!!!

June 7, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. jude

it just looks either boring or funny....dam im sick

June 7, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Loviemoe

It's a MOVIE get over it already it can't be any worse than SAW and the like of that genre

June 7, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  56. country bean

What if one of them had to take a $h!t? B.T.W. Can you people PLEASE STOP with the "REALLY" remark already?! It's getting stupid old "REALLY" fast!!!

June 7, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  57. natalie

It was a stupid movie, gross but not that disturbing. If you have seen any of the saw or hostel movies those are worse!

June 7, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  58. mario c.

what`s so awful about that movie ? Most politicans speak through their asses anyways yet we listen to them... And elect them... Oh and celine dion makes a cushy living doing her vocal farting... Just sayin`....

June 7, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  59. chieatfetus

This first movie was SICK & mentally disturbing; i wish i hadn't seen it.

June 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Whoa

As the song goes: "I'm proud to be an American, 'cause at least I know I'm free!"

June 7, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. LJay

Human Centipede was not a horror film. It was horrific. The people were brutalized. I watch all horror movies but this one was different. I would not see a sequel or tell someone to see the first one. It was obscene.

June 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  62. russelldorgan

Actually I'd like to thank the U.K. if anything they've stopped the release of a stupid waste of film, let's see I believe there called exploitation films which have no merit. I've seen a few of these "direct to dvd" films how they keep getting made is beyond me.

June 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jeepers

Losing your lunch is harmful to watchers. I agree. I'm queasy just after reading this article.

June 7, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jeff

I thought the "Saw" movies were bad. This sounds far worse. I'll pass.

June 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Don JJ

Who wants to join me in a human centipede?

June 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Matthew Jandecka

God bless 'em for the ban! I seen some bad movies in my time and the first one prior to this one takes the cake. I'm mean come on... what's next? A film where a demented Dairy Queen owner puts snot sodas and sundaes on the menu and all the little children end up in hospitals and die?

June 7, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Fine .... why not? Make it. Don't expect anyone to go see it. But don't BAN it! As long as you're not breaking any laws (there ARE existing laws that cover things like snuff films, kiddie p-rn, beastiality, animal cruelty) go ahead and spend as much money as you want making crappy (no pun intended) movies. I won't go see them .... but I certainly don't think that I (or anyone else) should decide what YOU can or can't go see!

June 8, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Bob

Ha, people actually found the first film disturbing. It was a joke. I watched it because it was supposed to be disturbing. I even hesitated because Salo (to an extent) and Cannibal Holocaust had actually disturbed me. Especially the latter. The Human Centipede was awful. It wasn't disturbing. It wasn't edgy. It wavered between utterly boring and hysterically ridiculous.

What would possess someone to make a second one?! And the claims of it being so disturbing we can't watch it probably means that it's just another version of The Passion. A long and boring snuff film filled with bad acting and hysterical stupidity.

But banning it just means everyone will want to see it that much more. The real disturbing part is being subjected to this garbage. Bambi was more disturbing than this film.

June 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Harry Kermit

I'm a big horror movie fan. Part-1 of this movie depressed me more than entertained or scared me. It sucks big time and so will part-2.

June 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  69. meekodev

The reason the Wikipedia article was up for delation had nothing to do with the movie but the quality of the original article.

June 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ryan

Before you specified that it was the sequel to "THE HUMAN Centipede", I thought for some weird reason that the UK was banning the classic arcade game "Millipede". Which would suck.

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. D Grant

To each their own, I won't see it but would not try to keep anyone else from doing so.

June 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Tony

So many people in the film industry fight to get funding for a project. My question is not whether or not a film should be banned, but rather whose paying to make this crap?

June 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  73. D Grant

Why not just give it a X/Adults Only rating and let it play?

June 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Boomshiggity

I love it when a handful of tossers start crying about extreme ends of control when someone with a shred of sanity takes a stand against something as stupid as this movie.

"What? You're putting nutrition labels on my food? DICTATOR! SUPREMACIST! POLICE STATE!"

Get a grip, you whiny babies. Maybe the world would take you more seriously if you didn't slam every little problem with cop-out extremist buzzwords.

June 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Its a slippery slope when things like this start setting precedent, one persons stupid or obscene is anothers art. The only real line that should exist in my opinion with regard to art and media is stuff that exploits/harms its participants.

June 7, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justme

Tosser??

June 8, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

There is a big difference between requireing food labels and banning something Boomshiggity (though I'm quite sure you know that). I have no problem with labeling ANYTHING (including this movie – which I have no intention of seeing) .... however ..... when some nameless gov't functionary begins making decisions FOR me as to what I can and can't see, eat, or buy ... then YES – I have a BIG problem with that. And so should you!

June 8, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  75. geust00001

O_o ........

June 7, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. fernace

This movie will go as it's gore- promoting predecessors! Remember Saw. The 1'st had a scary, gross premise & delivered what it promised. The next & so on had to outdo the 1'st & soon it became a parody of itself. The same with Final Destination, Scream & Halloween,etc. Once audiences are used to a plotline, they have already become desensitized!Oh well, Tom Six will make his mil.'s & we will post comments, life goes on!! Because have no fear, people will see #II, ban or no!!

June 7, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Ted nugent

I predict that this will become the most illegally downloaded movie in England.

June 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

How much you getting for this ?

June 8, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

Dont listen to Ted...he's just upset that a total of 2 people ever thought he had real talent. You should've smoked more of the wacky stuff Ted. You may have been artistically creative if you had.

June 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  78. djmc32

That movie is like the ring.if someone sees it they haveto show someone else,or the mental damage is too great to take.i have had a few friends try to get me to watch it,but have broken them down to the truth....they want to hurt me...i dont trust them anymore....and,may I add,as an irishman,i have a great deal of trouble giving the uk props,but what can you do..good job ya limey weirdos!

June 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Andy

Erotically obsessed, huh. People know what the movie is about its their choice to subject themselves to it. To only be fair, maybe the coverage of the royal wedding should have been banned. Wait, cant do that, the taxpayers would have gotten nothing out of it. Ha

June 7, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  80. nemo

Ban playgrounds..and get rid of cars too...ban obama..ban war..and banks...we need to ban everything...post it notes..ties...people who wear glasses..buses..newspaper...fish...and most of all...we need to ban thinking of any kind...we need reform..and dictated..and ruled with an iron fist...I'm sick of freedom....I wanna wake up everyday afraid for my life.....oh wait..I do!

June 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  81. franky

I love uncle hitler;)

June 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Sunshine Girl *

Yes this movie may be disturbing to some. But its no worse than some of the stuff thats already out there. Im a big fan of horror/torture/gore films. Has anyone seen The Hostel 1 or The Hostel 2? Now those movies are disturbing.

June 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. fernace

I can understand Americans who have never been to Europe having these ignorant ideas about their movie ratings system, but it sounds to me like you're not even familiar with our own system! There are lots of movies that dont pass our even stricter standards, that end up with NC-17 or X ratings! They will either have to be re-edited, shelved or go straight to video, many times as bootleg copies. While I haven't seen any incarnation of this movie, I don't need a rating to tell me the premise is not fit for human consumption (as it were)!! Mainly just wanted to point out that if you're going to trash a nation or continents rules &/or habits, it helps to know what they are! If U.K. for ex. have a similar system as that of Germany or the Scandinavian countries, it's basically a 3 code system:family friendly, adult & what we call tripple X. Many Euro nations just lump anything in with the adult fare, & I think that's why this worthless excuse for a "movie" isn't passing the sensors! It wont here, either!!

June 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Aaaaaahhhhhhyeah

Gsdgdhgdhb

June 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Annoyed

Why do you keep calling this American film when it was conceived by a Dutchman?

I agree with you the film is vile, but don't assume everyone who lives in my country is sleazy.

That's like me saying "all British have bad teeth."

It's childish, misinformed and wrong.

June 7, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dennish

Excuse me sir....when u have finished tossing that salad could u go ahead and clean the kitchen?

June 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  87. oag

At #28, that is just funny.. Well put.

June 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  88. nina

There's no need to censor, let the market decide – I can't see there being that substantial an audience for this.

after all, one of the benefits of being a grown up is deciding how immature you get to be

June 7, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Don't be silly Nina. You aren't able to decide things for yourself. You are far to delicate. You need the government to decide what is and isn't appropriate for you to view.

June 8, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  89. random hero

Guess "Dead Girl" was banned there too...

June 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. brokenteeth

By God , it must be made and distributed then . Such censorship drives the creation of such subject matter.

June 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  91. firewerks

It wasnt scary, or a horror film, it was jus damn disgusting

June 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  92. nemo

I think we should ban everything! Chewing gum..flying kites...cookies..phones...computers..t.v.

Everything should be against the law. Even cnn...they should be banned to. And this post...and wallpaper...potato crisps...pints of lager...shoe strings...corn

June 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Ted

Well. This movie kind of gave me the stomach ache even thinking about it. Thanks for all the warnings. I did look up part 2 on wikipedia. My gosh. It is even worse than you let on. I kind of see why it was banned. Wikipedia stated they may even remove the movie description from its website.

June 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Superhiro

People who watch these films are sick.

June 7, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. geeeno

does this mean that my script for eating live kidnapped human babies isn't going anywhere?

June 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • BlindedByTheLight

Greeno, you will go far as a tele-evangelist. Apart from free food you will also make a lot of money, but only if you stay in the god-fearin' USA.

June 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

No No No, that movie sounds amazing it wont go anywhere. How about eating live fetusus? lmao

June 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  96. johnboy

the first one wasn't HALF as bad as everyone made it seem. or maybe i'm just desensitized. eh.

June 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  97. PaulC

Banning is not necessary. If you sent a limousine and paid all expenses I would not waste time on a sequel.

June 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Scott

@Mike – Then parents need to actually start parenting and not leaving it up to the government to do it for them. There are thousands of rated R, X, or NC17 movies that are distributed legally but "innocents" should not watch. That is where good parenting comes in. You can't condemn a movie because kids may see it. If that was the golden rule then nothing would exists except disney and nickoldeon. Rock and Rap music would be extinct and replaced with Miley Cyrus and Hillary Duff. I understand what your point was, but you can't go to the extreme. Parents need to police what their children watch, not the government.

June 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Todd (no, not that one)

I'm actually making a tribute film to Centipede, only it's more like a real-life tribute.

I've still got a few spots open if anyone is interested.

June 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Lem

Just like in the book "1984." Censorship to the extreme. I watched the first movie, I didn't find it unbearable to watch. Even though it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, I wouldn't deem it inappropriate. Whether people want to watch it or not is really up to them. They don't need a "higher" organization telling them what or what not to watch.

Welcome to a China-like censorship GB. Thank God I live in the United States, or else I would be absolutely OUTRAGED at the censorship placed in the face of the British public.

June 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • And would you ...

... enjoy a ten year old in the mix or would you censor that lem?

Plastic Paddies For The Win.

June 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • LemThankGodYouLiveInTheUSA

I also thank God there is a big ocean between you and my family Lem.

June 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  101. SoSo

I watched the first movie (fast forward through REALLY boring parts) and once you get past the initial revulsion of seeing a person's face connected (with very realistic makeup effects) to another person's backside, there are a few, omg that is funny moments and some genuine suspense (it requires you ingore the simple fact that the characters would die from systemic shock and asphyxiation–how do you prevent the gag reflex from clogging your nose with vomit so you suffocate?) IMO the movie has no social value and I suspect the sequel may be so far below the original as to pass into arena of anti-social influence. Save your brain, you can't unsee some things.

June 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Captain Poo

The first movie was vile but well made. The South Park satire was vile and hilarious. I think by banning it all the brits have done is bring attention to it. I am sure that it will be gvile. I am also sure, like with the last one, my curiosity will get the best of me. As far as what the british government thinks or any of you for that matter. I could care less.

June 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Thom

I hate censorship as much as the next fella, but... i have to go the otherway on this one. This is not art, this is sick crap. The line HAS to be drawn somewhere. You know, the more twisted and realistic movies become, the more desensitized society becomes. Good for the U.K.

June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Thanks for you OPINION Thom ... but quite frankly (and no offense) but I don't care if you think this is crap and not art. I happen to think that Piccasso was a crappy painter and that his work is crap not art but that doesn't stop the MOMA from displaying his work!

June 8, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  104. Ituri

It sounds like an utterly absurd film to start with. Only shock-jock wanna be's would watch trash like that.

That said, hard to "ban" material that can be downloaded in 2 seconds from the internet, mostly for free. Let them ban it if they want, those sick puppies that need to get off on the material will get it somehow anyway. I'd consider this more a sense of united revulsion as a social statement, since banning material like this is pretty hopeless to attempt due to the interwebs.

June 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Brandon

Glad they are banning it. I'm all for the land of the free and all, but when you're' talking about something this sick and disgusting and the type of psychological impact it can have on people, there certainly should be laws against it. Tom Six is one messed up individual.

June 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Takin a Deuce

Brandon...whats wrong with SCAT. We all do it everyday. Sometimes in the toilet or backseat of someones auto or in the vegetable crisper or perhaps an Upper decker. Its as natural as you devouring my weiner.

June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

I know its an extreme example Brandon but what happens when the gov't decides that religion is sick and disgusting? When the sectarian gov't hat there is something "sick" and "perverse" about an invisible guy in the sky peeping in on our lives and they decide to ban all religion (as they tried to do in Soviet Russia)? Then what? You can't have it both ways. As disgusting as you may find this film .... just don't go see it. There is no reason for YOU (or anyone else) to decide what someone else should or shouldn't be allowed to see.

June 8, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  106. Mike

There are those who do not believe in censorship in any form. Which is fine if a person does not wish to be censored in themselves. But, we still have to protect the innocents of our World, who may unwittingly come into contact with extremely poor material. I mean, do you really want your kids watching a movie that entails sucking back poop!

June 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arick

So, as a parent, you are too stupid to monitor what your kids watch? So the government should make those decisions for you due to your clinical retardation? Yeah, great logic there.

June 8, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Cajun Herb

Mike. You are a Grade A moron. If you do not want your kids to be traumatized by stuff like this, try parenting them. Lazy idiot. You cannot expect the government to do your job for you.

June 8, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Mike – try this new thing called parenting. Its when you ACTUALLY pay attention to your children and monitor what they watch on TV. I know its a stretch for some. But frankly if you can't raise your kids – you shouldn't have had them in the first place.

June 8, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  107. Ben

Sweet! I never heard of this movie before...but now I want to see BOTH of them... thank you for banning them UK ..now even more people will see them.

June 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • eunis

A couple of other really disturbing films...

Trail of the Screaming Foreheads.
      Sharktopus.

I couldnt sleep alone for weeks.

June 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • wookie

WHo budgets movies like sharktopus anyway,I feel like if we took them out maybe wed avvoid this whole issue,see where I'm going with this? Kill reterds,that's where I was going with that

June 7, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Lol, your kill-all-retards/extreme filmmakers comment is pretty funny, considering what you said a few posts up about how how "every time an american sees anything german they think of nazi"

June 7, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Jonathan

Why ban things? You only make them more valuable.

June 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  109. FParanha

How could anything be more disturbing than real life parenting as depicted in Eraserhead?

June 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • England Fail

I totally agree... the stark surrealism of that film made it endlessly more disturbing than the simple shock-schlock that directors these days seem to think is "edgy". It takes a lot more than a little A2M action to shock people these days... we're used to getting linked to lemonparty by jerks on youtube, etc. A little bum action isn't going to shock anyone, now.

June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Rob

The UK better not use this type of censorship when "Johnny English Reborn" comes out ...

June 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Panty Wearing Fairy

I would like to be the middle section in the England Dan and John Ford Coley, Human Centipede.

June 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Penis Wrangler

They should make Human Centipede into a video game. Probably much more fun than just ole run of the mill Centipede.

June 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  112. cole w

with my first post, i should have added, i don't believe in censoring movies or free speech, and believe doing so only serves to provide more publicity, but i will be banning from my own home- everyone has a choice. or should.

June 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Thomas

Too late now, should have banned the first one...

June 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  114. gpl2032

I watched only half on Centipede 1, and after it became so graphic (disgusting). Made my hands sweat...lol...i shut it off...it really is disturbing. Don't believe me...watch it for yourself....

June 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  115. cole w

the first one should have been banned. it was seriously one of the most disturbing movies ever. i didn't watch it, but stumbled upon my boyfriend watching it with friends and just happened to walk in during the final scene. i didn't sleep well for days. not everyone's sensibilities are as delicate as mine, but no one should watch such filth. my two cents. :)

June 7, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arick

Your two cents are stupid. No one is forcing anyone to watch it. Sheep like you who are more than happy to let governments make decisions for them make me sick.

June 8, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  116. Matt M

Vat is zis? A movie vitch might offend ze public? NEVAR! ZERE VILL BE ORDER IN MEIN THEATER!

June 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

Uh – it was banned in the UK not Germany...

June 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeneen

Good reference Matt. Laura – ever hear of Nazi Germany?

June 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • wookie

Its funny every time an american sees anything german they think of nazi,learn history befor you preach it duech

June 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmoney

I think it was a call of duty zombies reference folks..stop hating.

June 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Thanks for this history lesson Wookie .... I was unaward that Nazis weren't German. Thanks to you I went and did my research and learned that Nazis were, in fact, a vast right wing Swedish conspiracy to portray Germany as evil so that Saab could steel the European car market from VW, Mercedes, and BMW!!!!

June 8, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  117. Kermit Roosevelt

Saw the first one, and it's a worthless, empty gimmick. The second one should never have been made, not for the reasons it's being banned, but because it was a dumb idea to begin with. It would work great as a carny sideshow that you pay 50 cents for, but as a feature film you have to buy a ticket for or rent?

So congrats, UK film board, you've now made this irresistible to a particular demographic when it should have just naturally faded into obscurity. You guys clearly have your heads up your....oh.

June 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kermit Roosevelt

Oh, and if you want to see a REALLY disturbing film that will sear your soul by what it says and not because it has some dumb gimmick, see "A Serbian Film". Saw it once and can never watch it again, but it is an important statement, a horrific piece of art...

June 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Rockfish

Banning it will only make people want to see it more. It will be on the web in no time. Strange Flick though.

June 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Mike, Cleveland OH

Saw the first one .. it was a tad disturbing (not unlike Old Boy, or other edgy films) .. can't imagine how they'd make it worse but such is the beauty of TV .. if you don't like it, it disgusts you, etc. it's just a flick of a button and it's gone. Note .. flick of MY button, not YOUR pen.

June 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon and Buttfunkel

It sounds like a doo doo eating good time.

June 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

"Note .. flick of MY button, not YOUR pen."

Couldn't have said it better myself. If it's too much, don't watch it, but I deserve to make that determination myself.

June 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Matt

First off, why would anyone willingly act in such a stupid movie, second what kind of audience member actually takes pleasure in watching something like that, third, this debate shouldn't even be happening because the actual idea should have never been thought of. Your life is the only one you have to live... don't waste it watching or even thinking about this. Good for you U.K.

June 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • BetterClassOfPerson

This does indeed appear to be a film aimed more at Americans, their eating habits and fantasies. My mind is boggled, but it does strike me that if all those in the body of the centipede blew really hard, the chappy at the front would be able to regurgitate much of what appears in these comments.

June 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jude

Your life is the only one you have to live, so try not to be an uptight ass... And let other people do what they want. People should have choices.

June 8, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  121. England Fail

They banned downloading it? Lol. Understanding the internet FAIL. Anyone with a connection and 10 minutes to spare can just go out and watch 2 girls 1 cup if they need their fix of coprophilia. If they're really going to set out to "ban" any material that offends their delicate little British sensibilities, they're going to seriously have their work cut out for them.

June 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Pat

The ban is the best advertising the film could receive, they will trumpet that like a badge of honor.
    Many thousands more UK citizens will see this movie BECAUSE of the ban, than will miss it.

June 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tastycles

Old people, who have all the power, are still living in the 20th century. They don't understand things like this.

June 7, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris in vegas

I agree. This film will now make much more money because its banned. They just gave it the martyr status. I saw the first and thought it was a lil boring.

June 7, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Jman

this movie idea is pure rubbish, however, the precedent of censcoring it to adults is more dangerous than anything the film could do. However, being an american I assume that everyone has free speech, when in europe that never really was the case. The old world there makes it a point to keep the masses in line through insane rules and public monitoring that really is straight out of 1984

June 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bling

Can someone fill me in, please?
      Why the heck is everybody on here referencing 1984?
      That makes no sense!

June 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Its a George Orwell novel about a repressive society.

June 7, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

More proof of people see what they want to see.

June 8, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Do you get out much Bling? Or were you born AFTER the millennium? 1984 was/is a novel by George Orwell (there is a movie as well starring John Hurt and Richard Burton). It deals with an oligarchical, collectivist society. Life in that world is one of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control. The individual is always subordinated to the state, and it is in part this philosophy which allows the gov't to manipulate and control society. Ever hear the phrase "Big Brother is watching" .... well THAT is where it came from.

June 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  124. The Mad R@p3r

I never saw the first one and probably won't see the sequel either but I really can't believe this. Also China banned all movies involving time travel this year, what are they working on over there?

Is w.t.f really banned by the filters, really?

June 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jman

The time travel ban was done so people don't become all teary eyed about the past and start getting nostalgic and romantic and decide things looked better in the past, its all about the cultural revolution, where the chinese basically overnight were forced to turn thier back on thier rich history. I doubt the Chinese have stumbled upon time travel, however CERN might be close.

June 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Ted

Im terrible : ) I did see the South Park episode. : ) I try to never miss it. That Eric Cartman is something.

June 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Bobby

Did anyone see the South Park episode based on this? It was so bomb. LOL.

June 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Gay O Naise

I saw the first one. It was GayLicious.

June 7, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Ted

I dont know if they should ban it though. I just probably wont go see it. : I : )

June 7, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Ted

Has anyone seen the first one ? What did you think of it ? I will pass on watching either one, meself. I enjoy scary stuff but this sounds kind of different to me.

June 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

I saw the first one and wish i hadn't. Some things can't be unseen, i was thinking about repressive therapy or complete brainwashing. Friends don't let friends watch that movie.

June 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cat

I saw the first movie too and wished I had not. Images still haunt me today. I threw the DVD away, first time ever to do that, and I will tell others not to let this revolting movie pass through your eyes. I hope they ban the sequel in America too.

June 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • 16 and pregnant mom to be

You guys/gals make this sound like the movie to watch. This is a MUST SEE!! Where can I find it?

June 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

It was an incredibly boring film.

June 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

I saw it and agree with the others. Before you watch schedule multiple meetings with your therapist. I'm an avid horror fan and this movie left marks. That said, the film IS haunting and brilliant. The acting is great too. The Dr is one of the scariest characters on film. I loved how it was filmed in 3 languages. Read the Wiki page for more insight into the director's angle on the plot. The film intentionally included language barriers to make it more fearsome. He also made the 1st 1/3 of the film a traditional horror genre to lure you into thinking you know where the last 2/3rds is going.

June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

I watched it on Netflix Instant via my PS3.

June 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Necrometric

The first one had some major plot holes. For someone who is into horror/gore, I don't see what the big fuss is about. It was the lack of an engaging plot that bothered me.

June 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Boring movie. Better yet, watch the Southpark version! human centIpad

June 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • pandii

I saw it, and for the most part I thought it was a stupid/pointless movie. Some of it kind of screwed with my head, and I wished I hadn't watched it...but it made me more depressed than scared. I didn't find it scary at all. I have no intention of watching the second one.

June 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • SocialComment

@ 16 and pregnant mom to be

I'm glad you want to see this film, you seem like the ideal mom and will raise fine Americans.

June 7, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • john h

I saw the original and regret it to this day. I was reminded how foul people can be. In this case, the filmmakers. I wish we had a system like that in the UK so this film would be banned here.

June 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • captain falcon

I watched the first, it didn't digust me as I thought it would. I felt more sad for the victims. Is just special effects

June 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Get Sirius

Brilliant pitch for the movie people! Can't wait to see it!

June 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • HAAAAAAX!!1

SocialComment, your troll meter is broken.

June 8, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Cerubus

I watched the first one and I can honestly say aside from how gross it sounded, it was actually quite boring. The actor who played the doctor was good to watch as he got across the emotion of the character, however the rest of the cast seemed bland.

June 8, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

@john h "I wish we had a system like that in the UK so this film would be banned here."

Or you could just...I don't know...don't go see it. You knew what you were getting into when you saw the first one. There's no excuse for seeing any movie, especially one as notorious as Human Centipede, without looking up online reviews and plot summaries and being surprised by it to the point of wanting to ban it. The whole point is that the director should have the right to make the movie he wants, and we all have the right to see it or not see it as we so choose. That is what freedom is all about and why government censorship has no place in a free society, regardless of the content of the piece (as long as it doesn't break other laws along the lines of, for example, snuff films).

June 8, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

I have to agree with Greg. There is no reason for the gov't to ban any film. Just don't go see it (there ... YOU'VE banned it). As long as a movie doesn't violate existing laws, such as kiddie p-rn, snuff, beastiality or animal cruelty then a fill maker should be allowed to make whatever he/she see as art. Then its up to the public to decide for themselves whether or not the end product is worthy of their consideration. I hate the cliche but it IS a slippery slope folks. At what point do you decide that the gov't has too much power to decide things FOR you. Guess what .... by the time that moment comes – its too late and you won't be allowed to tell the gov't to stop.

June 8, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • wrusshell

I just bought the movie yesterday at Best Buy, for those who are interested in where to get it. The packaging says it is the unrated version. I haven't watched it yet.

June 8, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

Did you get the first one or the second one wrusshell? I saw the first one and it really s()cked (no pun intended). Wasn't scary at all. Just a really stupid movie that I though was trying really hard to be a "new" Saw and failed miserably. I have no intention of seeing the second one.

June 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  130. jturgeon

Ahhh yes, communism is still on the rise in Europe. Bureaucrats deciding what is best and wise for everyone, and banning everything that is not. I hope they have a revolution there sometime soon.

June 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

So where do you draw the line? Would you allow a film showing a 2 hour torture and assault on a child, with no story, just two hours of torture? I would hope your answeris no. And if it is why are you censoring it? Do you see my point?

June 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ToThePratAbove

June 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

So you want Europe to decend into chaos again because a movie got banned. Great idea.

June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

Have you not heard of the MPAA? Do you know what the last "A" stands for? We don't allow just ANY film to show in theaters here either.

June 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

jturgeon: I believe you are getting Communism and a dictatorship mixed up. Communism is only an economic plan not. Since this movie has very little to do with the nations economy Communism would not worry about it. You're thinking more along the lines of Nazism or Sovietism.

June 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • ItsDaPoleece

The first movie was not as gross as people on this site seem to think. I watched it with a group of friends for its shock value and novelty. Nothing too detailed was shown of the "process" except elaborate eye expressions and the noise you'd expect. Aside from that, the acting threw me off at the beginning, but quickly grew better, as did the suspense. For a horror movie with a lot of typical "No, don't go back in there!" moments, it managed to keep my eyes glued most of the film.

Just to be clear, I'm not very squeamish, but Jack*ss 3 was way more disgusting than this.

And my opinion on banning the sequel... it doesn't seem so much like censorship since they allowed the first one. It seems like this movie just focused too much on torture and brutality and not enough on plot and entertainment. I am nobody to say art isn't art when the artist disagrees, but I wouldn't display an African fertility sculpture in a middle school, educational or not. First Amendment or not. Well, the UK doesn't want this in their country. That's fine. The filmmaker hasn't been arrested for it. He's just taking it somewhere else.

June 7, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jturgeon needs to finish school

Decency based censorship is not communism you ignorant wart of a human being. Read Marx and stop leaving your stupidity online for the rest of us to sort through.

June 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • To: ThePratAbove

It's not an American film you nincompoop.

June 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

How come greenpeace isn't yelling about ripping pearls off from a clam ?

June 8, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike in NYC

ToThePratAbove -– Refusal of a certificate just stops disgusting American distributors making money out of it. Anyone who wants to see it will just download it. Having said that, the UK will have much less interest in US fantasies than the average poster here.
      ___________________________________________________________

I've got news for you buddy .... its NOT an American film. Its Dutch and American distributors would only make money on it distributing it in America. There would be, most likely, a UK company that would distribute it in Europe. And another thing .... by banning it as they did in the UK, downloading it is just as illegal. No different than kiddie p-rn, the possession is just as illegal as distribution.

June 8, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • J

Kyle, communism controls every aspect of the peoples life. Research a little.

June 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  131. The Boy Wonder

Great Salad Tosser, Batman. You dont mean...
    Yeeess, Im afraid so Robin. Mouth to anus, mouth to anus...

June 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • penny

It would appear Im poo pooing milk duds.

June 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harry Bolzak

June 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • PenguinFather

"As long as you're the end of the centipede that can still talk, you're good to go."

Which accounts for Dubya's smile and the giant 747 to move him around.

June 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

I really enjoyed this movie. It made me feel ok with my manlyness my manBoobs and doodie eating. In fact I choked down a couple of butt muffins last night.

June 8, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  132. The Mad R@p3r

What kind of nazi-a$$ed nonsense is this?!?! Is it 1984 over there or something?

June 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • jturgeon

Exactly; and they see this censorship and erosion of rights as "sensible". On the other hand, they never really had rights to amount to much of anything over there. They've just been slowly progressing from dictatorship since the early dark ages.

June 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • decency

It's just an attempt to keep bottom-feeding in the land of the bottom-feeders.

June 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bdo

And where would that be, decency, hmm?

June 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • mr. butters

Actually they don't fully describe why the film was banned. If you read the wikipedia article about the movie you would have a better understanding of why it was banned.

June 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • andrew

Meh...

The US regulates to the point that it might as well be a ban. This is not news. Also, the "freedom loving" folks here tend to be the worst when it comes to censorship. I always here about how they "luv Amurca!" but when I espouse my ideas, they say "shut up er I'll punch yer face" (yes, they are rednecks).

The fist one was absolutely THE WORST FILM I've ever seen. Not because of the "grotesque premise" either. It was just the stupidest, most poorly acted, poorly directed, no plot piece of sh!t I've ever encoutered. It's banned from my television for sucking...maybe that's the real reason.

June 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

It is from the UK and not the US, although both are becoming more like dictatorships in nature. This is a movie that
      as many have said deals with torture. The western cultures seem to be moving into a darker side, a craving as you would to see blood and guts except CSI and the other TV shows don't show what really happens. It is discus ting and gross, not to mention the smell would be horrible. I believe it is bad for our countries to be a decade into craving bloodshed to view. It desensitizes us to the real thing. I am glad they did it. Next.

June 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustNote

It would be worth remembering that American family life does not always translate to other cultures.

June 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flynn

Unfortunately, and ironically, the censorship of American media means that CNN have only given half the story.

June 7, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • parvo

Nazi? 1984?

If the thought of having to miss mindless tripe like this is what keeps you up at night over worldwide civil rights, you have WAY too much time your hands.

June 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

When they came for the Human Centipede 2, I remained silent; I was like ew that's nasty.
      When they muzzled the people on facebook, I remained silent; I was not on facebook.
      When they came for the tweeters, I did not speak out; I was like twitter's stupid.
      When they came for the Apple drones, I remained silent; I wasn't an Apple drone.
      When they came for me there was no one left to speak out.

June 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

OMG it is a movie with sick torture in it, get a life already

June 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niki

I'm curious if anyone has seen part one. A radio DJ was talking about the movie and how freaky it was, I found out it was on Netflix so I thought I would watch it... after all, I enjoy scary movies so it seemed pretty good. That movie really messed me up, it is so frightening that I had to call my friend (a pediatrician) and make sure it was medically impossible before I went to bed. The scenario is terrifying, I have never watched a movie that made me so squeamish and sweat so much. It is something that stays with you in your head for a long, long time. Real or not, I think it touches on many people's' deep seeded fears. My friend watched it the next day and she did make me laugh... she said, "who the hell thinks of this stuff... and who the hell would audition to the be middle section?"

June 8, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Censorship is a global problem, it's a war against the mind.

June 8, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Rabbi Green

Yeah Actually, its pretty much 1984 in the UK..... With a lot more cameras....

June 8, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
    • humberto

Are the UK voters ready for a corrupt morman ?

June 8, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey R@pist? Here's an idea. GO F()CK YOURSELF!!!

June 8, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Ian

If you want to ensure that a fringe movie has a much bigger cultural impact, ban it.

June 8, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

You seem upset, Fake Peace, do you want to talk about it?

June 8, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • sharky

Read the plot on wikipedia. that is absolutely disgusting what is in the movie. Good thing it was banned, that is revolting.

June 8, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim SChmidt

....sometimes dude, things are so sick you just gotta stamp it out. This is one of them. The director and writer should be blacklisted.

June 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |