We're months away from the March, 2012 release of an authorized biography about Apple CEO Steve Jobs, but the book is already a top seller on Amazon.
The text, titled “iSteve: The Book of Jobs”, was cruising at No. 31 on the web retailer's best-seller list with a price of $18 at the time of this post. According to the Los Angeles Times, the book hit the top 10 on Monday - the same day Jobs unveiled Apple’s new iCloud service - vacillating between No. 9 and No. 13.
That was for the hardcover, however – on Monday, the Kindle edition of the text was sitting at No. 161 on the device's paid bestseller list.
Jobs is working on the book with Aspen Institute President and Chief Executive Walter Isaacson, who’s previously written biographies on Albert Einstein and Benjamin Franklin. The bio will be published by Simon & Schuster, and the publishing house is certain that it’ll be a “landmark book about one of the world’s greatest innovators.”
I read that when doing a brain scan of Apple fanatics, the areas of the brain that are excited by a picture of Apple products are the same as those of a religious fanatic who is viewing pictures of Jesus. It was not a carefully designed study admittedly, but the investigator said that more definitive studies are desirable.
If anything, an Apple enthusiast's brain should show an even greater response than that of a religious person, for the following reasons:
1. To begin with, not only is there is actual evidence that Steve Jobs exists, he appears in public regularly;
2. All of the creations that Apple enthusiasts credit Jobs/Apple for were actually created by Jobs/Apple (even the products that are based on concepts that Apple may have "borrowed" from Xerox/PARC were actually manufactured by Apple) – in other words, there is no alternative, much more credible explanation for the existence of MacBooks, iPods, etc., that bears the same relationship to Apple that science bears to religion;
3. When an Apple product fails to live up to its expectations (i.e. Newton), Jobs doesn't try to dodge criticism by resorting to circular reasoning or by issuing a press release saying that he and his company "work in mysterious ways" and hope people will buy it anyway, they simply stop making it;
4. The fact that Jobs exists does not, by definition, automatically mean that he is responsible for every natural disaster, plague, and other atrocity that has befallen mankind;
5. The collective enthusiasm that Apple enthusiasts feel towards the brand has never lead to war, genocide, or any other form of oppression against PC owners;
Christians, what's your excuse?
Just what is a computer, anyway ?
Wouldn't it be easier to just learn a little about computers?
This man, whether anyone likes it or not, is in fact one of the most visionary people of our times. He is a designer of an otherwise dreary IT world and of course as such is not liked by all, just like you might not like a car design. But if you go through his achievements in life there is absolutely no denying what a wonder he is as a person. I hear he is a pain to work with because he is such a perfectionist that will not settle for anything but great and its probably this that got him fired from Apple back in the day. He has, however come back and affected us and our world with maybe not first designs but right designs like the iPod and iPhone. I for one hopes, although perhaps naively, that he is not as sick as he looks and that he will leave a legacy with Apple to keep raising eyebrows and turning heads. Like him or not, he does just that.
Can't wait to read it. You people are jealous,jealous,jealous. Apple produces a superior product. Deal with it.
may be he is contemplating his own mortality and wants to set the record straight, on his terms before the last blink...
When anybody can do as well or better than Jobs, then speak up. Otherwise STFU!
Even Jesus was persecuted...both saviors – both only children – both visionaries – both human?
Steve, are you eating? You don't look like you're eating.
world greatest masturbators ,nobody enjoys itself more then apple and steve
You are the biggest idiot ever....see you on all the Apple articles being a fanboy and chopping away on Windows users....get a life, jerk...
Awe geeze the iH8TRS are going to flock to this forum and spew meaningless drivel. Remember MicroSheep you can't polish a turd.
Who is a Microsoft sheep anymore? You are living in 1996. Apple has all the sheep now.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,768 other followers