'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Weiner’s wife dump him?
June 7th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Should Weiner’s wife dump him?

Congressman Anthony Weiner has revealed that he lied about posting an explicit photo on Twitter and confessed to sexting women while married.

Weiner, who is married to Huma Abedin, described his actions of sending the pictures as “dumb,” “destructive” and “deeply, deeply hurtful." He now joins the ranks of other celebrities who have had to speak out after finding themselves right in the middle of an explicit photo scandal when photos are “leaked.”

What politicians and celebrities do in their private lives is their business, but when you lie to the very people who elected you, repeatedly in Weiner’s case, it speaks to one's integrity and honesty. I wouldn’t vote for him.

But should his wife dump him or keep him? I think it’s ultimately between Weiner and his wife. There are couples who have gone through worse and have made it, but the two of them haven't been married for long, so it’s a huge red flag and hard to understand how it could work out. What do you think? Tell me below!

Also tonight we have "Showbiz" Newsmaker interviews with Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake! Cammy D. and J.T. are starring together in the upcoming movie “Bad Teacher.”

They tell us what it was like to work closely together again after being a couple. These two dated for almost four years, and some think they should get back together!

I think Cameron and Justin have a very mature outlook on their post-relationship relationship and while I like them together, I don’t see them reuniting as a couple. What do you think? Would you want to see these two reunite again off-screen?

And Eminem is dissing Lady Gaga in a new song! A new Em track called “This Kiss” has leaked online and his lyrics slam the pop star, calling her a man. Eminem raps, “Tell Lady Gaga she can quit her job at the post office/She’s still a mail lady.” These provocative disses of other stars might be what Eminem does, but I don’t think that makes it right. Your thoughts?

See you exclusively tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. El Kababa

Well, she did swear a sacred oath to stick with him for better or worse. It just depends on whether she takes her marriage vows seriously.

June 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. acc999

Why is this on the entertainment blog???

June 9, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. April Fool

I dont see da big deal. Its messed up that he got caught though. Those Facebook junkies do it all da time . It just goes to show that when you have a significant position , you simply cant do things like that ! Yet ironically his last name is Weiner .

June 8, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. JerryD

I agree Rock but that's not going to happen.

June 8, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rock

Its a shame they spend so much time looking at politicians when they send pictures from their phones to other people. How about looking more deeply to what they are doing while in office and signing papers that once again $crew the middle class into poverty. Why doesnt that stuff ever show up on the entertainment page? Who the F cares that he sent a photo of himself to someone else other than his wife. America knows that family values are dead and buried...we dont care about this. What we care about is exposing ALL POLITICIANS in their fraudulent ways and removing all the benefits they enjoy. Public servants should enter the office wearing beat up jeans and leave the office when their term is done wearing those same jeans. Enough of this financial security for having served one term when they didnt actually complete any tasks anyway. just enough already...all politicians need to go diaf.

June 8, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. PoliticsandCelebs

Funny how Weiner's wife is close with Hilary Clinton. I'm sure Hilary is sharing words of wisdom right now.
    I do find it interesting that a big star like Matt Damon is very outspokenly standing up for Weiner. Even though Damon's June fundraiser for Weiner was canceled, Damon said he suports the guy and doesn't want him to resign.

June 8, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. jen

About nine years ago my dad got busted cheating on my mom,she threw him out he begged her to take him back,she did eventually and he still regrets what he did.I wasn't being shallow or naïve it was a difficult time for us,but my mom did get a new Mercedes and a new bathroom,by no means do I think what this guy did was alright. I just looked at the big picture.

June 8, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. lynda

What irritates me over the Wiener saga, is how Barbara Walters can voice her opinion of Wiener when she was involved with a married politian and had shared more than a pic. Guess writing a book with her admission to adultry gives her the right to gab now?????

June 7, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lindsey

The issue of whether the Weiners choose to stay together is their business and none of ours. That is a private matter completely separate from the discussion about whether he should resign from Congress.

June 7, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. fernace

He admitted that he's been "in contact" with other women while he dated & subsequently married Huma. So at no time has he been literally or virtually monogamous! If He was my sorry excuse for a husband, he'd be on the qurb rite now!

June 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Oscar Nathan Ballpark

Yes she should..and then the republican party can adopt him.

June 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jen

I sneak and use it when he and his boys go on a beer run, but seriously this games' been going on for centuries men aren't going to admit it and some women are ashamed, but whatever it's the truth.

June 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jen

I would say the same thing to Mrs.Weiner as I did Maria,stay women that aren't married to rich powerful men do everyday, he'll regret what he did a lot longer and you'll get cool stuff.

June 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

I was kidding in my last response to you, but I threw up in my mouth a little at, "you'll get cool stuff". If you actually believe that I have to ask, why has your man let you out of the kitchen to use the computer?

June 7, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. A

His wife should take his damn cell phone away! How old is this guy? 15. Hope everything settles down for them and he starts telling the truth so his wife doesn't have to be in the spotlight for too long.

June 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ted

Its up to her. I really dont think she should trust him though.

June 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey Ted, go f()ck yourself and take the mad r@apist with you. No one cares what you think. You're an insignicant little stain.

June 8, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  16. Ralph

She should dump is sorry a$$! He's a liar and a cheat.

June 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bunsen Honeydew

I think that the point we're overlooking is the fact that this mans last name is Weiner. What he did was very horrible, yes, but the mans last name is Weiner. Of course he should have just told the truth about the explicit photo of his weiner, but he's a Weiner, literally. And the fact that a Weiner has a photo of a his weiner is an interesting point. If he carries photos of his weiner along with his Weiner family in his weiner wallet, who are we to judge? Who is the real Weiner weiner here? The Weiners a winner.

June 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. newsflash

His wife was doing it, too! It will come out soon, mark my words.

June 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hootie and the ButtFish

I heard she was letting blackys cornhole her 3 at a time.

June 8, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  19. jillmarie

I'd suggest therapy, however, he seems like a swine. Once a cheater, usually always a cheater. I feel sorry for her. What embarrassment!
    As for Cam and JT, they split for a reason, so they should just stay friends. It's cool they were able to work together- how amicable!

June 7, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. The Mad R@p3r

Why is most of the picture of her on wikipedia taken up by Hilary Clinton's enormous head? Half indian half pakistani, hmmm, she could always call me if she's looking for a change of weiner, I love my south asian princesses.

June 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lucy

She is a very classy lady with her own career and they have been married less than a year. He is a pig and she needs to let him go.

June 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. hmm

First off he needs help. Second off, as long as he didn't actually engage in any activities with other women I think his wife should forgive him. I mean, she could dump him like yesterday's news but I say make it work.

June 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |