Bentley breaks a heart on 'The Bachelorette'
June 7th, 2011

Bentley breaks a heart on 'The Bachelorette'

Last night's "Bachelorette" episode began with Chris Harrison, whose hair seemed rather spiky, gathering the 15 remaining suitors in the living room.  One group and two solo dates were on the agenda, and the first one-on-one went to Ben the lawyer.

Ashley and Ben went to a dance studio to learn a routine. Ben seemed impressed that Ashley took him to her favorite place "outside of her profession." Going to dental school is a profession?

The two then went to a park, where Ashley proposed doing the dance they just learned. At that moment, a flash mob showed up to dance with the duo (Just like real life, right?).

At dinner, Ben, talking with a mouthful of food, said he'd love to go on a second date with Ashley, who responded by giving him a rose. How about giving him some tips about dinner table behavior as well?

Then came group date time, and "Phantom" Jeff was finally ready to take off his mask, saying he'd made his point. We're still not sure what that point was, but Ashley didn't seem that impressed with unmasked Jeff, saying he looked older than she expected. And he still hadn't shaved!

Ashley, Jeff and nine other suitors went to the famous Comedy Store comedy club, where "roastmaster general" Jeffrey Ross put together a comedy roast for Ashley, with the suitors as roasters.

The roast, as you might expect, was a disaster, with the exception of the "Woman of the Hour" banner at the back of the stage - very reminiscent of what was seen on the Dean Martin roasts of yore.  The worst roaster of them all was William, the wannabe comic who said something about wanting to see Emily Maynard and donating to the "Ashley cleavage fund."

Ashley left the stage in tears, apparently not understanding that "going for the jugular" is how a comedy roast generally works. Somebody send her some Dean Martin DVDs, pronto. William offered to leave the show for hurting Ashley's feelings and then proceeded to walk aimlessly around Los Angeles (although with a cameraman in tow, can you really walk aimlessly?).

Out comes Bentley, whose "master plan" of manipulating Ashley appeared to be working thanks to the show's producers, who didn't bother telling Ashley about it.  Ashley admitted to Bentley that she was warned by ex-"Bachelor" contestant Michelle Money that he was only on the show to promote himself and would likely depart in a few weeks.

Bentley admitted that Michelle knows his ex-wife, but that they are not the greatest sources of information. He then mumbled something about being on the same page with her. He was as vague as Rep. Anthony Weiner's initial denials, but Ashley believed him. Nonetheless,  Ryan C. snagged the post-roast rose, meaning it was Bentley's cue to exit.

Bentley headed to Ashley's home where, for what seemed like five hours, he explained that he had to leave the show because his young child misses him. Of course, that's not the real reason - Bentley admitted to the cameraman that he couldn't continue if Ashley were "The Bachelorette" - but what's a few lies between producers?

Bentley left to presumably prepare for battle with Michelle on "Bachelor Pad" (elocution lessons would also help), while Ashley ran to her bedroom in tears, saying she doesn't know whether she can continue.  Meanwhile, the show's producers are dancing a jig over all this - who cares if Ashley appears to be an insecure woman with low self-esteem?  Let's use that to boost ratings!

Back to Ashley's house (which happens to be extremely red for some reason), where J.P. awaited his one-on-one date.  Nothing much happened, but J.P. got a rose for his troubles.

Ashley declined a cocktail party, so we went straight to the rose ceremony. Two suitors got the boot: Chris D., who I honestly don't remember, and "Phantom" Jeff, who responded by throwing his mask into the fireplace. Obviously, Jeff has never heard of eBay. Ashley also gave her final rose to William, whose crisis of conscience apparently lasted all of 20 minutes.

Next week, the gang heads to Thailand as the show desperately looks for a villain who can enunciate his words.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelorette" episode?

1. video fun

I think that is among the so much important information for me. And i'm satisfied reading your article. But wanna statement on some general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Good task, cheers

April 6, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ewingfield

My husband and I are convinced that Bentley must be some kind of "plant" by the network to juice up the ratings. I would hope nobody could be that much of a psychopathic tool. It just seems too scripted to be true. Anybody else with us?

June 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gina

YES! It is WAAAY to obvious that this guy is a plant. It now has me wondering who else is in on this – Ashley? Chris? Now I don't know what part of this reality show is actually reality.

June 14, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. LaFonda

Check out Reality Steve. She doesn't choose JP either. Too bad as I really like him, too. Ashley isn't a great Bachelorette; quite the whiner in my book. Then now she'll probably whine more now that Bentley is gone. Did you hear that he comes back at some point? I'm not sure for how long though...hopefully, she gives him a swift kick back to Utah.

June 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • jillmarie

Yes, he comes back episode 6, maybe to appologize for being a villian. I do read Reality Steve's blog- he says she picks JP at the end! I haven't read his column fo a few days, did anything change???
      At any rate, Bentley DOES NOT stay on as a contestant. Neither I nor Reality Steve know exactly what goes down, whether Ashley and Bentley just talk, or if she rejects him. We'll see!

June 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jillmarie

The producers LOVED this and manipulated all his interviews. Yes, he seems like a jerk. But if you listen back, all his comments seem spliced. I'm sorry for Ashley- he pretended to like her and she fell for it. I like JP for her, he seems sincere. I'll bet he's the one she chooses.

June 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Todd

If you hate Bentley and you are on Facebook:

June 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JW15

First of all, it is a disgrace that ABC would allow Bentley to continue to appear on the show after all the comments he made on camera how he did not like Ashley and it would be different if it was Emily. They basically promoted his lies. The stuff he said can be hurtful when Ashley sees this in the future. And as others said, Bentley is not attractive! And a total narcisssist. Which makes him even less attractive. My vote is for J.P.

June 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josie

This episode gives us girls many confusing messages!!! The transperancy of the episodes is there. I beievet that Ashley knows that Bently is not her man. She can be the one getting the last laught!! William must have a lose screw, no pond intented, but what man in the first dating stage takes the chance to offen a girl using her body as a joke target. Ashley is a very intelligent girl.. I think she gave William a rose because she is showing the world that she can move forward inspite of. However, she knows he is not the one, William is not being used. So, we can choose where is this going, I think it is clear!!

June 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mominABQ

Oh Ashley have you not learned anything? Could you not tell he wasn't into you or do you just believe everything you hear? I was yelling the whole time what is wrong with you?She already fell for him and how can she go on? I thought she was supposed to choose at the end of the show not 3 episodes in! Ashley you are an IDIOT J.P. is too good for such a wimp as yourself.

June 7, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. princess

Bentley is a JERK! Talk about thinking he is better than anyone. I am from Utah and what a disgrace to us. I am so glad he is gone. Even though William said the things he said I think he is still the best. Love Ya

June 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. John Stewart

I herd he is dating that congressman weeeiner.

June 7, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. JC-VA

How is this possible..? Ashley you are stupid... after they told you about him and his intentions you still felt for him.... What a dumb woman... and besides, of all the guys in that show he is one of the ugliest.. he has a HUGE head.. I don't think he is attractive at all... I feel bad for you, but you are stupid.

June 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. BentleyApologists

BENTLEY IS A GREAT GUY!!!! Bentley Williams—The Only Guy With Class on The Bachelor/Bachelorette (admittedly a low bar)

Check out the BENTLEY FAN CLUB -- BENTLEY APOLOGISTS

We thing Bentley is great. Find out why.

June 7, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Robin

Bently is a jerk. I can't believe the producers even let him on the show. How dumb of Ashley to fall for someone when her friend told her what he was up to anyway. I'm so glad Bentley is gone!!!

June 7, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • manon

Seriously! Bentley you must have a lot of time on your hands to waste going on TV to show 'a lot of people' how much of a looser you are. Ashley girl stop crying for a narcissist borderline sociopath like that. take a hold of yourself and get real.
      You need serious therapy for not seeing through this juvenile self centered moron! The guy looks at himself in a mirror more in one day then most women do in a month. What can any woman possibly see in this poor guy. I feel pity for him and sorry for his daughter. and for you the ex-wife congratz for getting rid of him. On behalf of all women around the world: FOR GOODNESS SAKES ladies STOP CRYING FOR JERKS

June 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

This season is pathetic. Too painful to watch... really!

June 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |