Angelina Jolie's 'Salt' gets a sequel
June 7th, 2011

Angelina Jolie's 'Salt' gets a sequel

Hollywood loves a sequel, and “Salt” is no exception.

Angelina Jolie’s 2010 summer action movie yielded close to $300 million worldwide (with $118 million of that coming from U.S. receipts), and Sony is planning a sequel, Deadline reports.

"Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer is already working on a script for CIA agent Evelyn Salt’s next chapter. As those of you who’ve seen the Phillip Noyce-directed movie will recall, the ending left open the possibility of a part two.

According to Deadline, Jolie, who starred in another sequel this summer with “Kung Fu Panda 2,” is interested in tackling the role of Salt once again “if it comes together right."

Filed under: Angelina Jolie • Celebrities • movies

1. Rita

Angelina can do anything....she can recreate Evelyn Salt as I wonder what happened after that fall into the Maryland woods....She does more than toss her hair and pout!

June 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Annie

Nick @ 6/8 9:22 a.m. . . . you need to watch the movie again. Her husband was shot by the Russian boss in the bottom of the ship. She killed the boss after she found out her plans. BTW, it was a great movie and looking forward to Salt II.

June 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pliny

What? That Angelina movie took in $300million?

That's like $150 million per lip!

June 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. rizvi

i don't know why peoples likes you?

June 9, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. rizvi

how many tattoo do you have and brad try to delete any?

June 9, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Angel

It's great!! I can't wait to see her next sequel. I loved her action at Salt. but it needed more tension. I wish the new sequel should have a more talented camera director. Good luck "Salt 2" .

June 9, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. zzzz

Liked liev Schrieffer as villain. Ok movie.

June 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. erik

This is amazing....salt 1 was one of the biggest pieces of Crap in modern cinema with a plot that no one could possibly figure out and an ending that defies any plausible logic...just unreal!

June 8, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. ande

for all u retards who didnt like it so what

June 8, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. angiel

Brad and Angie should drop off the face of the earth. I am sick of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 8, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Col

Then stop reading articles about them and go jump off a very high bridge with 100lbs. tied around your ankles.

June 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tajee

Loved the first. Can't wait for another Angelina Jolie's film.

June 8, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  12. TracySwingKid

I loved this movie. I saw it in the theater and have watched it a few more times on Netflix. AJ looked amazing and made an awesome tough girl, secret agent enacting her revenge. I am looking forward to the sequel!

June 8, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. dicE

I go to the movies every week ,could be in the top ten of boring,cheesy,predictable,laughable movies in the last decade, started to close my eyes ,but was at least hoping for a naked angelina jolie to save my 10 bucks!

June 8, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. D.J YF

Movie was gr8 a part two would be the iceing on that

June 8, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Observer

I wish they wouldn't do this...Too much Salt is bad for you.

June 8, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  16. JB

@Trex daaamn what the little lady ever do to ? Dude I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark ally man go back to bed with your woman and make sure she handles her buisness!

June 8, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. Meh

I cant imagine standing there in front of all those people thinking I was one of the main hubs of the universe. Im not saying I wouldnt mind a chance at nailing her to a mattress but jeez get over yourself Ang

June 8, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. T-Rex

This c$unt can't act. Those big lips of hers are ugly and is only good to wrap around men c0-cks. She is washed up, old and too fr!cken thin. Once a wh0-re always a wh0-re. The b!-tch is a walking std and a wh-0re house on legs.

June 8, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  19. hustle trj

Man angelina ignore all the haters saying salt was "predictable" and that it wasn't that good.. that amount the movie made says it all.. money talks.. I saw it and loved it.. I work in a theater and saw how ppl loved it and it was a sold out show.. can't wait for salt 2... keep doing ur thing.. u owned it and will keep owning it.. ignore all the negative comments coming from haters. And focus on the fans that love your work like me :) keep it up. F.y.I your beautiful.. salt 2 can't wait ...

June 8, 2011 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  20. JennTx

Awesome! Salt was an amazing movie...can't wait for the second one. Def team Jolie :)

June 8, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  21. lydia

I am a 28 years old nurse, young and beautiful. Now I am seeking an older gentle manwho can give me real love , so i got a username Annababe2011 on-se'e'k'co'uga'r. C oM- A nice club for y'ounger women and older men, or older women and younger men,to int'eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch'eck it out or tell your friends.
    Even if the 1st Salt was good [which it wasnt] Hollywood is running these movies into the ground w/countless sequels. Enough already. We movie fans want more origanality.

June 8, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  22. wannabe deadbeat

lol

June 8, 2011 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  23. woooo

bring it!!! can't wait! loved Salt!

June 8, 2011 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bal

I prefer Wanted. Too bad AJolie is dead on that movie.

June 8, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  25. wannabe deadbeat

put jenny in it as a bad guy, cat fight! yummy

June 8, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. keenjane

I loved Salt. In fact it was one of Jolie's best played roles. I haven't always liked her choices but there are a few stand outs and the this one and the last one with Depp were actually well written, directed and both had very solid acting. I almost didn't watch the film either because I had seen Wanted and was somewhat disappointed. I wanted "Wanted" to be better. But, I was glad I watched Salt and will definately watch the next one. They need to make sure it isn't a repeat or that they're trying too hard. Take a page from the Bourne Series and listen to what people have said about the film then concentrate on getting a good script first. Then cast it well. As with Matt, we know Angie can handle her part just fine.

June 8, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  27. AC

If there wasn't going to be a sequel the first one would have had one of the worst, unresolved endings of any movie I have ever seen.

June 8, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. Nitish shukla

I like anjeilena and it will be more intresting to see once again ,is possible that angeliena with leo nardo di capario

June 8, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. Sunshine Girl *

June 8, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jamie Rhea

I agree to many haters Angelina Jolie rocks! And I love Salt it was awesome and kept me on the edge of my seat (so to speak). I would love to see a Salt 2.

June 8, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  31. wuxitom

I watched the movie on Cable TV channel and paid USD0.50 ( RMB 3 ) for it in China and found SALT was indeed thrilling and entertaining ......Good movie and strongly recommend viewing if u hv not seen it..........

June 8, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. Norma

I lost respect for Angelina J. when she arrived at a red carpet award ceremony, drugged out or drunk with Billy Bob Thornton. She and Billy Bob were laughing and talking about what they were doing in the back seat of the limo on the way to the ceremony. Her father was standing next to her.Someone remarked above that she was young when she did all these outrageous things, but you can be young and still have class. As far as I can remember she and Brad were both adults when they lied and had a relationship while he was married. He's as classless as she. I have refused to finance her life style by watching another movie of hers or her little puppy dog, Brad. Can't wait for her to ditch him. Maybe she can adopt about 10- more kids around the world, when we have kids here in the US that needs home. Look out Seal your next on her agenda!

June 8, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

I wouldnt mind being in the back seat of a limo with her wacking me off

June 8, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  33. Action Critc

Not a big Jolie fan, but I thought the first movie was very good. The ending was terrific and I look forward to the sequel.

June 8, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  34. Give It A Rest

To all haters: Jennifer & Angelina fans. Please go somewhere else. No one cares about that tired old fued. It's time to move on. You are both haters! If someone doesn't like a film it doesn't mean they hate the actors. They didn't like that film that's all. The real hate is coming from both sides. To bad both Jennifer & Angelina are too rich n famous to care.

June 8, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. Niza

Plz kindly ply me poison by beyonce

June 8, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  36. scilla

Ive been waitin to hear there is a sequel. She is a great action star. Her movie "Tourist" should have have been good if she did some action in it.

June 8, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  37. Harley

She still a wh0re. Thought by now the kunt would have left brad to steal another woman's husband.

June 7, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stfu

She was young and now she's matured and a very good role model and mother. So whatever, mr. perfect NOT!

June 8, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  38. piersy

Salt was good movie with a lot of turns and twists . I would love to see the second one. Angie is the ultimate female action star.

June 7, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Murdoc

is it going to be called Pepper?

June 7, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Randi

She needs to eat a sandwich.

June 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. PISCES

We love you Angelina. You are a great mother and a wonderful person. Do you girl.

June 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  42. erich2112x

She fcks people up in this series. No, no, I mean seriously, she fcks people up. Was a huge fan of the first movie!

June 7, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Don JJ

Come on Joe, REALLY!! Its my salty thing that's better for her. Yours has nasty $TD's.

June 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Harold

Go for it girl, the first flick was fantastic. Your always a pleasure to watch and your acting skills are amazing. Looking forward to it. Love ya!

June 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Geeyuhdertg

They should call it Pepper

June 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  46. First of all Haters to the Back. Action packed fierce! Every Aniston film Ive seen Boring! It was clearly over between brad and aniston. Barbie couldnt have been more interested if he did love her as for jolie try juggling them ballz ! Cant say that bout

BONqui qui

June 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilgtogirl

Wow, I love that Angelina Jolie fans seem to be so illiterate. Are you one of her adopted and uneducated children?

June 10, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  47. artemisbliss

I love this woman! I want her to continue to play roles that inspire women to be warriors. Girls need strong role models, too. In my childhood, I had Wonder Woman & the Bionic Woman. In my young adulthood, I had Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Charmed ones. I don't know who the girls have today besides these few movies that Angelina does. It's sad when I see these girls looking up to the weak "Bella" from the Twilight movies that has to be protected by the vamp Edward. It's disgusting to me.

June 7, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sick of Dumb women

A woman who has a child with a married man, who makes a movie where she believes that a woman could fall in love with her rapist, and who then does not have any of her children to date educated is NOT a role model for anyone.

June 10, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • ArtemisBliss

This is to "Sick of Dumb Women." Because of your heading...I have no idea if you're male or female...an adult or a child. I assure you that I am not a dumb woman. I have not seen a movie where Angelina falls in love with her rapist. I'll reserve my judgement until I have seen it. Now, allow me to clarify myself... I admire her action movies because she plays the lead role...not the typical female "victim or love interest" role. I have seen most of her work...just not familiar with the movie you speak of.

June 10, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. bored

She's getting old. I'm just not as interested in her as I used to be. Oh well.

June 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  49. emorgan

Very excited about a sequel- loved Salt Angelina's. Amazing Actress! a

June 7, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  50. brad

tom cruise oprah and justin timberlake are ga.y!!

June 7, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tammy

Salt was really a cool movie from beginning to end, lots of twist and turns. Jolie played the character perfectly.
    She seems like a nut in real life but her acting in Salt is awsome.

June 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Victor

Haters on here. I think Jolie is awesome and I think everyone should support her and Brad in their endeavors and movie roles. They give a lot of money to charity and truely care about this world we live in.

June 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Sherri

She was great in 'Girl, Interrupted'

June 7, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. the master

Part 1 was good part 2 should be much better

June 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. CHANA

THE FIRST ONE WAS GOOD, CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SECOND ONE, YA SO WHAT IF SHES LITTLE OFF HER ROCKER, SHES STILL AN AMAZING ACTRESS, AND LIL TOO SKINNY BUT STILL BEAUTIFUL, HATERS OUT THERE.

June 7, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  56. SurferDave

Tom Cruise turned down Salt – so that tells you how good the film was. I liked Jolie in Wanted, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Mr/Mrs Smith – but Salt was terrible and the sequel will be just as bad. For the Anniston lovers – you are all just sad. Yes Jolie ended up with Pitt, but that is only because Anniston is a wack job. Why else would every guy bail on her? She has issues – that's why she is still single after dating 50 or so actors, musicians, and astronauts. Well, maybe not astronauts – they would be too intelligent to make that mistake.

June 7, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. toocy

I agree Chin. And why does it have to be either/or with Jen & Angie? I like them both. Besides, Jen seems to be doing just fine, she's a big girl and doesn't need us defending her honor.

June 7, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. lologogo38

First of all Angelina Jolie rocks,kicks ass,and take names! For you losers who love to hate on people, that on your best day! You could never be! Keep haten, you only make her look better! Hands down she one of the most talent movie artist female on the planet!!! I love you girl! Rock on Angelina,Rock on!!

June 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. H.A.M 99

Time for Angelina, to move on.

June 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Dee

I really hope she does it, that movie was awesome!

June 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  61. chin is uglyl

Someone always has to bring up Aniston. After 7+ years and 6 kids people still can't get over it.

June 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • AngelinaJolieFan

I so agree with you. The other marriage didn't work out. This new one is a family. So get over it, Aniston fans! It's getting pathetic.

June 7, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. audel

That's great because we love her on action movies

June 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  63. billie

Angelina rocks!

June 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  64. wannabe deadbeat

did you guys know, she did all her stunts with no blue screen

June 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. D'Monica Minniefield

I loved the first one I hpe she is on her game this time to

June 7, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. unicycler

NOT A FAN. JENNIFER ANISTON HAS MY RESPECT.

June 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. wannabe deadbeat

I liked it. I say about 7/10

June 7, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Mrs. Thing

"Salt" was an excellent suspense flick. Angelina was perfect in the role. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Stop hating Angelina Jolie for the sake of hating. She's an excellent actress, she's beautiful, she does great work...jealousy doesn't wear well on any of you.

June 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Public Enemy Number 2

I don't hate Angelina Jolie. It was just a dull, predictable movie. It could've been great if I didn't see the ending from 5 miles away.

June 7, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  69. mejazzbo

The first one was only so so. If something better is on at the time of the sequel, I will probably go to that vice "Salt 2". On the other hand, T&A does sell a good deal of seats and Ms. Jolie certainly has plenty to offer on that score. Hubba hubba...

June 7, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Good

II've never been an Angelina Jolie fan. This the only movie I've liked Jolie in. I'm interested in seeing what the sequel has to offer.

June 7, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. firewerks

2 many haters! she is a great actress, deal with it!

June 7, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  72. you're kidding...right? Oh, you're serious......

REALLY?? The first one wasn't good at all. Same old boring "super agent" crap." I called out at the end of the first one "Part 2 coming soon," guess I can't be too surprised....just disappointed.

June 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Lots of people like super agent crap, so it will probably do just fine. She did a great job and looked amazing, too. What, you like your women big and chunky? Better watch someone else and don't complain....

June 8, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  73. jjenni7

Fabulous! I loved the first one.

June 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diana

I enjoyed the movie too! I thought I'd hate it, but was really into it. It was worth the $1 redbox price and would pay to see the sequel in the theaters.

June 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  74. carrie

I am so glad!!!! She was a strong powerful woman that kicked ass!!!! I love that and I loved the twist in the last story because I didn't know if she was the good guy or the bad guy and if anyone says they knew is lying!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • vtrweasel

I knew she wasn't a "guy" the entire movie :p

The first one was ok but there has to be a sequel so bring it already.

June 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • American

Maybe they can get Jennifer Aniston in this one and call it SALT-T

June 7, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dieyoung

If they put Jennifer in it, then they mine as well put Gerard Butler in it... Then they could call the movie "The Booty Hunter"

June 8, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  75. barbara

The first one wasn't very good so now I guess they want to rub "salt" in the wound? Only sensational movies.... like Star Wars or Pirates of the Caribean and the like warrant sequels. This one will flop for sure.

June 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alternatives Please

Salt was no Matrix. I hope she takes better care of herself this time. For an action hero she looked malnourished. She looks malnourished, aged & cosmetically enchanced even in the photo above. Some role model. I prefer Michelle Rodrigues. Can't wait for the Fast Five sequel. Do you believe in Ghosts? What happened to Zhang Ziyi?

June 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • gah

@alternatives please
      i'm with you- it's hard to believe skinny arms can do any sort of damage
      michelle rodriguez, however, is very believable as a female action star. that is one chic who just oozes toughness!

June 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Superhiro

Lame.

June 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ash

why? the first wasn't all that great... too predictable.

June 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ItsDaPoleece

I realize it was the typical "Good Guy Looks Like a Bad Guy, But Was He Framed?!" movie, but I still enjoyed it. I knew the entire plot by the middle of her interrogation at the beginning, but I think it was the slight possibility that she turned out to be a true "bad guy" that kept me interested.

Movies so rarely have a twist that actually catches me off guard (probably because they use the same twists in the same scenarios repeatedly. If "Salt 2" has any chance of keeping my interest this time, I want to see more than Salt trying to clear her name and be with her husband. I want to see the gun battle at the end of the first was part of the show so she could fulfill an even more important mission for her Russian roots. Or anything that I'm not going to predict after 15-20 minutes.

Action/suspense is my hands-down favorite genre, but it's about time writers incorporated some thought into these plots or found new ways to surprise viewers other than the lead character or their co-op switching sides. It's not suspense just because you haven't revealed the truth. Suspense comes from viewers NEEDING to know what's going to happen next and how that will unfold. So few movies ever actually do.

If one time a writer would ask for my assistance on organizing a movie plot, I would blow his mind. Sure, only 12 people might come to see it, but it'd be damn original and the 12 people would leave the theater with hope for the future. (Any writers have my permission to contact me!)

June 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alphonse

You're right on that one, the movie was the most predictable and just plain cheesy at some points.

June 7, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

poleece, if you really watched the movie, you saw her husband get shot to death by the Russians on the ship. She then blew up the ship, so don't think so, unless he was a look-alike. Sheesh, the movie was as good as any of its genre, and I'd like to see a sequel.

June 8, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Nick

@Marky...If you watched the movie you will see that she watched her husband drown on the ship... She had no choice but to sit there and not do anything... Know your facts before you start getting all snarky...

June 8, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Col

If your such a great writer, LOL Why are you here reading these articles and posting and NOT in Hollywood writeing the movie scripts....LMAOROF

June 10, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • beckyheldman

And...what if I JUST LIKE angelina Jolie, did u think Kung Fu Panda 2 was predictable?

January 31, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |