Will Katie Couric's show kill 'General Hospital'?
June 6th, 2011

Will Katie Couric's show kill 'General Hospital'?

Now that Katie Couric’s made her move to daytime TV official, should fans of ABC’s “General Hospital” be worried?

According to a statement from the network, eight ABC-owned stations (in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh/Durham and Fresno) have cleared the 3 o’clock hour to make room for Couric’s program.

“As part of the announcement, the network is set to return the last hour of its Daytime network block to affiliates no earlier than September 2012, but continues to support ‘General Hospital,’” the statement says.

As soap fans will (painfully) recall, ABC already axed two of its long-running shows, “One Life to Live” and “All My Children,” to make room for lifestyle programs “The Chew” and “The Revolution.” The statement added that the network also “continues to support…the plans to launch ‘The Chew’ in September of this year and ‘The Revolution’ in January 2012.”

Couric’s syndicated talk show won’t arrive until September 2012, and a spokesperson for ABC says that the statement above “absolutely could mean” that “General Hospital” will only get bumped to a different time slot.

“We went out of our way to state that we continue to support the show,” the spokesperson said. “We have a long time between now and Fall of 2012, so fans should be encouraged to continue watching and supporting.”

Filed under: television

1. mp

I do support gh i am still watch it but only on soapnet on tv at night and watching gh on youtube in the afternoon so i can watch days at 1:00 but i am not watching Katie Couric

September 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rene

Whats the deal ABC? When do they plan to let everyone know if GH is going off the air or if it is going to move to a different time! I wish they would leave well enough alone. Took off All My Children and left you hanging, did the same with One Life To Live. Do it to GH and I quit wacthing that station!!!!!!!! Get a clue ABC.

July 26, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Join Scentsy Ireland Sell Scentsy Canada Sell Scentsy Tampa Become a Scentsy Consultant Tampa Sell Scentsy from Home Sell Scentsy Candles Online Sell Candle Make Money Sell Candles Make Money Start a Candle Business Online with Scentsy Work from Home Legi

Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal manner? Thanks for the post.

April 18, 2012 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tracey

Leave General Hospital ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG can we just leave some pleasures!!! Katie taking over that time slot,??? i will Boycott TV completely

August 23, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Elaine

I will NOT watch Katie Curic no matter what time she is on. If ABC takes off General Hospital, I hope her ratings sink to the floor, or go down under the floor! Hopefully Cable will pick up the other soaps. I find it disgusting to take off soaps for the other crap CHEw, what the heck is that another food show? We already have Rachael Ray, and the food network, why do we need more? There are enough stupid reality shows!

June 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jake4172

I trust katie couric for my news and information.....I miss her on the evening news and welcome her to any time slot ABC decides to give her.

June 14, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Barb

Don't worry, Frons will be fired by the end of 2012.

June 10, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Barb

I wonder how many of you 'anti-soap' drama kings/queens have been addicted to shows like "Dallas", "Knots Landing", "Falcon Crest", "Dynasty" to name a few. Don't deny it, I'm sure if you're that old, you were glued to WHO SHOT J.R.!! They were night time soaps. And if you watch those moronic reality shows with the Kardashians, Snookie and the schmucky Bachelor, for example, you are addicted to tv also. What it all comes down to is that TV is a genre to entertain the masses, whether it be comedy, drama, soaps, sports, cartoons...it puts us in a place that we can just ENJOY and be ENTERTAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's nothing wrong with that. To each his/her own.

June 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Barb

Kristin

Sorry, I have this thing called a JOB that prevents me from watching all daytime TV. Perhaos you should consider one, too. You DO know that soaps are all make believe, don't you??

On a sidenote- all daytime TV is pretty much useless, does not offer much at all.
    KRISTIN!!!!!! Did you ever hear of VCR, TIVO, or soapnet? I have been working since age 16, now 60. And some people work out of the home as well. So you think the entire population of SOAP fans don't work? Small mind, think outside the box of Kardashian shows you worship.

June 10, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. allison

i love how you people judge us fans of GH as being lazy or stupid and all we do is watch TV all day....first of all there is such thing as a DVR and i work 42 hours a week.....and second...how are you people any better...you seem to spend an awful lot of your time on the computer making comments on an issue that you don't even care about!!

June 7, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. allison

I have been a fan of GH since i was like 10...now 28 i will be very sad if they cancel this soap....hopefully they can bump it to another spot....even if its late night like dynasty and knots landing used to be....i don't care i have a DVR like most people do now so just don't cancel it for yet another freakin talk show...boring!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Soap OUT

Who cares? This soap was over a long time ago and ABC CANNOT compete with CBS soaps anyway. There are better things to do with your time. I say bring on Couric and let her do her thing. Don't hate, celebrate!

June 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Longtime Soap Fan

I already emailed ABC that I will not watch whatever they put in the AMC/OLTL timeslots. The same will hold true if GH is cancelled. If ABC moves GH to make room for that person who shall remain nameless, then I will reprogram my DVR. Until then, I will continue watching GH FAITHFULLY. ABC cancels GH also....I will no longer be watching ABC daytime. Primetime is not an issue...there aren't any primetime shows worth whatching anyway.

June 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brandon

1. Katie Couric.... she can't commit to anything so not sure why anyone would want to commit anything to her.

2. General Hospital was bound to go out the door at some point, but I have to say I didn't see why they didn't shrink the other shows to 1/2 and go from there.

3. That said, anyone who thinks the OLTL and AMC replacement shows will still be on the schedule come the time Couric gets on the air isn't thinking clearly.

June 7, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. retired

General Hospital is already DOA. No resusitation needed.

June 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Heywood Jablome

I'd slide my man beast into her poop shoot while she squelched out a big ol' stinky bicuit. Maybe I would pee on her, too. Thoughts anyone??

June 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. denise spears

Please send Couric home to see about her husband and family. She has a lousy nasally voice that does not work with television.

June 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Terrie

Anderson Cooper will replace Oprah and I cant wait-Never will I watch Katie.

June 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Teddy

I thought she was going to stay home with her kids. Why can't these people just tell the truth for once? She is boring and no one wants to see her on a talk show. ABC is losing it!

June 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Heywood Jablome

I would let Katie Couric poop on me.

June 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Matthew

Couric is a stupid tv personality, quite idiotic and does not know how to interview.. ABC should find a better one.

June 7, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jaime

To ALL –
    I love Soaps, I work everyday – I have a life – I do know soaps are make believe. I enjoy watching them and it does notmake me a loser. we only boycott the shows that are not soaps. If ABC wants to keep its long time viewer of daytime it should listen to the actual viewers and the people that do not like soaps if you have a job during the day why do you care what is on at those hours???

June 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. SOAPER

The decline n soaps is something that appears to be unavoidable but....I am most positive that the shows that are replacing them will not last for 30+ years. The Chew, Revolution and Couric will last a few weeks, maybe months and will be replaced by something else that no one will watch....the cycle will simple continue. ABC has made a decision which is not going to pay-off($$$) in the long run....so the soap fans will get the last laugh in the end.

June 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kim

This is exactly what everyone needs. Another show to have a host suck up to Tina Fey, Tom Hanks, etc and listen to their inane drivel and laugh at every lame attempt at a joke, and then prepare a chicken breast for dinner!

Good times folks, good times.

June 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dave

My goodness, this Katie chick sure gets a lot of airtime in the media. People talk about her like she's the queen. Who cares? Seriously, she's nobody and doesn't deserve this attention!

June 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Hink

ABC is dead.

June 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Annie

Amazing to me is how a no-talent person got so far. Who'd she do?

June 7, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Annie

She'll be just as awful on abc as she was on CBS and NBC.

June 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. krag

Whats a tv? I havent owned a tv in three years. You can only watch reruns so many times before your brain smokes. . I use to watch the history , disc, and NatGio. but they cant make a new show either.The best was after not watching tv for two years I was house sitting for someone. When i turned on whe tv it was the last show i watched two years before.. Tv has gone the way of our cars. No one can come up with a new idea .You have to wonder when the hotest new design in a car looks just like it did 45 years ago.. We are a lost nation. When tv tells us the best interviem they have is Lady Gaga theres something wrong

June 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Tallone

I cannot stand Katie and if she replaces my favorite soap that will be like rubbing salt in the wound. What are you thinking ABC. She could not make it on CBS, why do you want her. Nobody I know likes her.

June 7, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  31. cindy

To 'Working Girl' and the rest of you that say get a job instead of sitting home watching soaps. I've worked the night shift for 30 years, Physical labor mind you. Not everyone works days. The soaps are my Primetime shows before work. Maybe you should get a "Reality Check".

June 7, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. upstate-ny

I just don't understand how game shows and talk shows took over generations of soaps. I watch one talk show and one reality show and that's it and then I watch my recorded soaps at my convenience. I don't know why another channel or the SOAP channel can't bring new episodes of the soaps we've lost and are going lose in the near future. I used to watch As The World Turns and Guiding Light with my mom in the summer or when I got home from school.
    I'd rather watch detective shows, or SOAP shows like Dallas, etc than these crappy reality shows.

June 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Peace

What? No Mad R@pist comments? Amazing, truly amazing.

June 7, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  34. John

I think the people who watch television might be unhappy with this, ever hear of the straw that broke the camels back lol.

June 7, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  35. Pablo695

My girlfriend has been a big soap fan for years and is dismayed. All My Children and One Life to Life have good story lines, but she call General Hospital the most boring show on the SOAP network.

Of course, putting the most boring soap next to the most boring news talk show host might be a match made in heaven.

June 7, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  36. CJ

dont have cable, dont miss much mainly because there isnt much wort watching. But the soaps bring back many happy times/w my beloved Aunt now passed away, Ms katie blew a prime gig on the today show, and bored us all silly on the evening news, who in the world would watch her daytime soozefest?

June 7, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  37. erich2112x

Couric's first guest will be Sarah Palin. She'll shoot her nothing but 'Gotcha Journalism' moves while the crowd chants, Katie, Katie......War of 1812, Jefferson's Barbary coast wars- 1805-1809, The Battle of Antietam............

June 7, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  38. Rich M

General Hospital (and the other soaps) are already dead. The networks just don"t show the common sense to bury them.

June 7, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  39. richelle

how dare people judge people who watch soaps I dvr them and watch them after a day of work and taking care of my kids and guess what I not overweight grow up u arrogant idiots u make me sick!!! go "abc soaps" screw reality tv it isn't really real it is all scripted to a point u suck katie BOOOOOO!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  40. Carrie

Its a sad thing, losing GH. Let me state that I am married with one child and full time job. My job is early am, which means I am home by noon. My child is in school and my house is always clean. Nor am I overweight. I am active and have been watching with my stay at home mom since 1980! Oh and noone is fat in my family

June 7, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  41. Elaine Connelly

ABC lost me when it cancelled "No Ordinary Family", Jericho, etc. ABC is being run by a whole bunch of dunderheads. Katie Couric on a talk show, it's not like we don't have enough talk shows already. Thank god I still work, as daytime TV is really, really rotten.

June 7, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  42. My Name is Mud

Katie Couric will not last as a talk show host. What a waste of everyone's time.

June 7, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  43. jenn

KEEP GENERAL HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  44. lulamaecooper

Iwatchallthreesoapsonabcihopetheydontputkcon

June 7, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  45. RW

Please tell that midget troll to get back under her bridge.

June 7, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  46. vicki

I think you all need to shut off the televisions, un-plug them and put them out for recycling! I do not watch "TV" in my house and it only took a few days for my sons to stop asking for it back. Now, we have family movie night with a dvd on the computer and that's all! My children play OUTSIDE now and they are having a blast! Just like I did when I was their age! Fresh air and sunshine and lots of friends=happy, healthy and well adjusted children! So, go buy a bike or a tennis racket or a basketball and get outside!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  47. RW

Why not? She has already killed network evening news.

June 7, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  48. why

if you are watching tv between the hours of 9-5 you need to really put your priorities in order.

June 7, 2011 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  49. bob

June 7, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  50. Doofus

How about turning off that trash and actually try learning something?

June 7, 2011 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Perhaps it is you who requires education, as you are a "doofus".
      I'm a Mensan with a Masters Degree, and I have been watching GH for nearly 40 yrs.
      It ties me emotionally to the women of my family, who also watch the show. It's a hobby.
      The rest of the time the tv is on, I'm viewing Nat Geo or CNN.
      Trash = "reality" tv for example, the real housewives of pretty much anywhere, Jersey Shore...etc. The kind of shows where people put their lives on display and humiliate themselves for money. It's disgusting.

June 7, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  51. Wahhh

Seriously? You should be out job hunting, not watching that trash and increasing the obesity rate.

June 7, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  52. Breeza Italia

Katie who. dont know her dont care for her or what she has to talk about.I'm a fan of gh always have been always will i dont want them to take it off the air.& yes i do have a job &children& a hobby but i record my shows& watch them on my time& I would like to continue to do that. you tell me(us) why we need another talkshow from some1 who cant even keep it together& stay put @1 place for to long befor you know it she will move to fox &reruns on TNT lol no1s into her what it worng w/abc??

June 7, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  53. slacker

I haven't watched a soap in years but they use to have some really good story lines to them. If I had to make a choice between them or another suckish talk show I'd chose the soap. Katie is a never has been, why these networks can't see that is beyond me. Also I can honestly say not all soap viewers are over weight women because I've seen plenty of them that watch them are that are smoking hot, they certainly look better than some of the sports watching crowd, especially nascar fans, talk about some overweight porkers. Networks are all going down the toilet because they are run by idiots that don't really care about the viewer any more. I recommend doing like I did, stop watching them, hell Sponge Bob is better than most of the crap on tv nowadays anyway.

June 7, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  54. ray theon

Do you know hard it is to get your screen clean after that crap been on?

June 7, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. ray theon

Get rid of them both. No hosp would operate like gh. Turn it off

June 7, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  56. what the deal

First of all soaps are stupid. katie is smart and i cant wait for her show. soaps are so outdated.

June 7, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  57. joeye

Good.. glad to hear that soap opera shows are dying.. those shows are wasting your time and have bad influence in everyone.. so let Soap opera go extinct! cheers! *please note* I never watch any soap opera, even I did check on it.. so boring! glad it is going away!

June 7, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  58. Jaded

I'm more concerned with the fact that talk shows have less than a 1/3 of the crew that soap operas have. That means a lot of people out of work for another show that realistically will only last for a season or two at the most. Clearly people don't like her that much and she's never going to grab the following of someone like Oprah or Ellen, so why spend the money. For those people saying that talk shows cost less money that would be true if lLittle Miss Boring wasn't getting paid somewhere around $20m for her show then include the staff of the show which probably brings that number up to around $30m- $40m per year. Against that we have GH which costs about $50m per year, but has a built in following (some people have been watching since the 60's), and a revenue stream from various conventions, cruises, meet and greets, and magazines. How much is all that worth in the big picture? Not only will GH go, but so will Soap Opera Digest and the like. How many people work there?
    Also while you're making fun of the people who watch soaps not all are overweight housewives. When I was stuck in the hospital after getting hit by a drunk driving attorney soaps were all I had to watch. Frankly, if given the choice I would rather watch the off kilter non reality of a soap than listen to some pretentious blow hard tell me what they think is important or interesting. Which most of the time are neither.

June 7, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  59. Misty

Katie Couric is OK once in a while~maybe 1 hr a month. But 5 hrs a week? Sounds Ghastly....

June 7, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  60. Brian

Who is Katie Couric?

June 7, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  61. 66Biker

Didn't all the stars of General Hospital die of old age?

June 7, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  62. ace

ESPN is owed by Disney. They have nothing to worry about. To you people wanting drama, the only real drama is sports. Quit watching soaps and watch the NBA Finals. Dallas v Miami is much better drama

June 7, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Tabbey

NEWSFLASH....Sports is directed by $$ as well. Nothing real abou that drama either? Ever watch 60 minutes about the refs?

June 7, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  63. sweetpea

Katie Couric is a loser... She was a lousey news anchor and loser talk show host. Her ratings prove my statement. I don't know why they are wasting their time and ours with this New Talk Show... She will never be an Oprah or Ellen. And she will not affect the soaps.. cuz no one will tune in and waste their time with her. I use to ffeel sorry for Katie when her husband got ill and died from cancer... but she really played it for all it was worth... using his death to better herself. Her head swelled in all the attention, and she became the most arrogant woman on TV. That does not make a Oprah or a Ellen. Can't stand the lady now... Go home Katie... we don't want you on our daytime or anytime TVs anymore.

June 7, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  64. holysmokes

Iam so bummed to hear on this day that OLTL is being tanked. I've watched it (videos, now dvr) for many,many years.
    By the way,I am a size 10, have held a job for 36 years running, and can actually follow what's being put forth on 'Meetthe Press' on occasion.

June 7, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  65. Mimi Foster

I mean I respect the lady and all but to take away 2 of the best soaps is not possible they can get new writers like me to write story lines. My grandma loves those shows and so do a lot of NY as well as other states love the soaps man I wouldn't want to disappoint the viewers, keep the soaps and let her have another time slot! What about the employees they want to keep their jobs like anybody working. Some of the most famous people got there start on these shows like Erica, Greenlee, Hayley, Ted, I love the Kramer girls they rock, they portray Woman in the real world protecting there kids, and my favorite of all time that is the real Todd Manning!!!! I'm not taking this light at all, its people choice and I agree with what someone else said give her that 4:00 spot. I just started to watch it again, come on there is a better way than to get rid of the favorite shows and by the way I work, I just watch the soaps later and if I didn't work yeah I would be @ home from 1-4pm! She don't need all those hours what will she talk about and to who? Not me!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  66. MLInkk

WHO CARES??!!

June 7, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  67. Georgia

Katie Couric needs to go to Univision or Telemuendo & mess with the nuevelas there. Leave ABC ALONE. She couldn't make it on CBS or NBC what makes her think she can on ABC.

June 7, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  68. ajd041

I hate katie couric she just always bugged me and I'm not a fan of soap operas GH practically has a cult following so it will just get bumped or put on a different channel disney owns a ton of em

June 7, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. Perky Schmerky

Two words: Jane Pauley.

June 7, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  70. sandybeaches

nbc didn't want her. cbs didn't want her. now abc has their own albatross. what did they call the plane howard hughes built?? well, katie won't fly either. and abc got her as a bargin, the 20 million dollar fire sale. well come september 2012, the only people watching abc, or any disney affiliate will be people who work for the company. i have watched amc and gh forever, brothers & sisters too. for all advertisers that place ads in my shows time slots i will boy cott their products as well. and when gh goes, there will never be another reason to watch anything abc or the disney co produces or air.s their are plenty of other networks that appreciate their viewers.

June 7, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  71. Pickles37

I don't understand why everyone loves Katie Couric. She is not worth the money they are paying for her. I keep hoping her 15 minutes of fame will be over. I would to vote her off the planet.

June 6, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jayne O'Meara

If Katie is smart she won't be on the farewell wagon for GH. There are a lot of us that would be happy to put the final nail in her career coffin if she does.

June 6, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Mr.Ed

Only lazy fat azzes without lives watch this sh!t. get a f*ucken life lard aszes

June 6, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Lori Taylor

General Hospital is a great show and I would be really bummed to see it canceled. I really hope ABC keeps GH on the lineup. It's ok if its on at a different time just keep GH!

June 6, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Wilson Ben-Wa

Katie's face shows more wear than my 40,000 mile Firestones.

June 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  76. moon

3 o'clock in my market would put her up against Ellen. Seriously who would choose Katie Couric over Ellen? She doesn't come across as anything but opportunist and her failure at CBS just shows she's not as likable as she once was.

June 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sher

Maybe the soaps could all move to the soap network, all daytime talk shows can go in the trash, and we could have dialing for dollars all day.

June 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Nope. SoapNet is getting dumped next year in favor of yet another Disney-centric channel.

June 7, 2011 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  78. Sober Jones

She's the liberal's heroette. They will do anything to cover up the fact that Couric is a talentless failure. But remember, money is for propaganda, not propaganda for money. Once you understand this, many seemingly stupid programming choices make more sense.

June 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hiiiiiii!

"Liberal heroette" (the word is heroine)? Get real! Why would she be that? Because she caught VP hopeful Sarah Palin off guard by daring her to list the newspapers she reads? I don't think Couric is popular whether the person watching is liberal or conservative. Let everyone unite on this issue!

June 7, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  79. SnoodlePoot

All soap operas need to be taken off the air. The sooner the better.

June 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. S_

If she has another on-air colonoscopy, it will be somewhat like General Hospital.

June 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Sherri

I'll be honest. I don't watch soaps and very few, if any, talk shows. But if I were inclined to watch, it would be the soap opera. There are WAY too many talk shows out there now.

June 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Michelle

Why doesn't she just go away? Hate her chimp face and non upper lip and totally asinine comments. She's a moron.

June 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Trolling

Trolling needed on romona blog. mr ed jen is there

June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  84. katy703

KATIE COURIC DOESN'T PACK THE GEAR TO KILL GENERAL HOSPITAL! BRING IT ON.

June 6, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  85. NavyPettyOfficer

I wouldn't be surprised if all the remaining soaps (Y&R, B&B, DAYS, and GH) would be terminated before 2015. With the rise of reality tv, who wants to watch the soaps anymore? GH used to be phenomenal (in the 90s esp.) But with the staff writters and whatnot they have now, they are killing the show.

June 6, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  86. erica aguilar

this is krazzy they should not lose these show they been on 4 a long time i love these show i grow up on them this is just sad and bull.....

June 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Observer

Answer is, why not. She killed CBS News.

June 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  88. GH16

LOL... this is a joke right??? You can't be serious right???? You won't have another talk show that will certainly failed after a few months replacing the BEST soap on tv right??? I knew you were joking LOL... right???

June 6, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. GHfan

Just like to say, gh is the only show I actually watch on television–i work but I tape it everyday. If it ends up off the air I might as well get rid of cable.

June 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Coinsmith

"Will Katie Couric kill General Hospital?"

Oh, would that it would be the other way around...

June 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Rosie

Yes, just what we need more talk shows and BS.

June 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  92. love2read

There are some very bizarre people on this blog! Strange comments & please use your dictionary to spell before you post!

June 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. American Public

If soaps today actually hired good writers they wouldn't be ending long standing soaps left and right like they are. Soaps 20 years ago were good. Today they just suck.

June 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  94. FM

I think that this is do or die for the soap fans. ABC gave them a warning today: either watch General Hospital or General Hospital will end next year.

June 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Crimson Tide Fan

If Katie Couric would gain a hundred pounds and agree to sit on me until I pass out from a lack of air, i'd ask her to move in with me. Brittney Ann, my current girlfriend, lost her mobility when she shot past 260 pounds. All she does is eat, get on the facebook, and watch soap operas.

June 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • You make me vomit

Maybe the reason she eats, watches soaps and get on facebook is because your an abuse jerk.

June 7, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • sherri

Crimson Tide.....YOU SUCK!!!!! How dare you get on here and criticize your girlfriend like that. Really dude!!! Say those comments to her and see how far that will get you. JERK!

June 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  96. carolae

Replace GH with Couric???? Don't we have enough news/interview programs now? What would make hers so special? I hope the 2 shows that are going to replace AMC & OLTL flop within months....I hope the ratings are so low that the advertisers pull out.... what is the network going to do then?

June 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Gloria

Let's look/see no one has been paying any attention to Katie Couric – at all. Since she left the cutie pie job at NBC – who has been paying any attention to her – at all. After NBC she was OVER PAID at CBS – and in return she ran down their (less than credible) evening news show.

And now ABC overpays Ms. Couric in order to get her to sign on for a new program? And the world is worried about General Hospital surviving all of this Couric drama? Come on – who is going to watch her – on ABC or on the street if she passes by. She is yesterdays only sort of interesting "news".

June 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Lynda

Hands OFF my GH! However... I never watch on ABC .... just Soapnet on Sundays.... all 5 hours!

June 6, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jofus

Of course, it's possible that either "The Chew" and/or "The Revolution" won't make it to September of 2012.

June 6, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Shannon Nutt

If the "General Hospital" in threat of cancellation was the "General Hospital" of the 1980s, I'd protest along with the rest of you. However today's "General Hospital" is a snooze...they've made no effort to spark interest or up the pacing of the storylines, even though everyone knows the soaps are in trouble. For those not in the know, ABC recently fired head GH writer Bob Guza, a sure sign that they are looking to cancel the show within the next year.

June 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • carolae

I had no idea they fired Guza! He's been around for ages! I know what you mean....GH has been 'ho hum' for months now. It's as though the characters are just going through the motions. I read the scoop online Thursday and usually fast forward thru most of it. Usually during the summer, any storylines that are new, will be over and done w/by the Fall. People are away a lot and they don't want to start something juicy. However with Guza gone, who knows what we'll get now. If GH does bite the dust, it will be very sad. With the other 2 soaps going in a few months, it won't be the same but time marches on.

June 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Butch

A whole year til it starts? Cool, means my tv is free of her for a year. Christmas comes early this year. Will anyone care when The Joker returns??

She's not engaging, funny, and has zero magnitism. How she continues to secure big contracts is beyond anyone. See that yahoo poll? 63% said they would *not* miss her from CBS.

June 6, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Kathie Contrastano

just one reason more to detest the useless trollop

June 6, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Mrs. Thing

This may be a little off-topic, but has anyone seen my curling iron?

June 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Tracy

Who are these people that like Katie Couric? I don't get them.

June 6, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Wilfred

I have a problem with that. If you are spending so much time sitting on your fata$$ watching soaps and eating bon bons you aren't watching or taking care of your kids. Don't pretend you are.

June 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • lasfkh

That was not a nice thing to say. My sister sits on her fat azz, in her wheelchair, eating pain pills and watching GH. Let's all judge Wilfred and see how he feels about it.

June 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tabs

Whow....that's Nasty!! Have you forgotten that people have MANY options now besides watching TV on a TV?!

June 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • preline

OMG you are so funny. Don't get me wrong I'm a soap opera fan.

June 7, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • GH fan

After cleaning up baby poop, cleaning the house, doing laundry, making supper, and picking up after the slobs we call husbands, when the baby is taking a nap, I like to fold clothes while watching GH. When u stay home and take care of your family, then u should have a say as to what u would prefer to be on tv at this time. Why are u even on this site to begin with? Shouldn't u be working instead of judging the women that hold our families together?

June 7, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

Well put GH fan!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  106. karen

What's a Katie Couric.

June 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lt

Let's all be civil and give KC a break!

June 6, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Marie

I don't care much for AMC or OLTL but I am a GH fan so I understand why people are frustrated with ABC! Bringing in more daytime talk shows, no thanks and the 2 mentioned even worse! Also not a fan of Katie Couric, leave daytime as it is!

June 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Reader715

Puleeze ABC...I am so tired of you switching things up...from daytime to nighttime. Katie Couric? Really? You ABC are chasing your followers away.

There is already a network devoted to food, I believe it's called the "Food Network". If I want to watch a food show, I'll go over there.

What I want from ABC is loyalty to their followers. Your station is starting to follow in the same crappy routines as CBS and NBC and look where they are at. Oh yeah, NBC is now owned by Comcast who can't keep THEIR network running.

ABC, don't be a follower, be a leader.

June 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  110. NM

For all of you people telling others to "Get a life", that's a huge insult. How do you know who you are talking too? What if that person is terminally ill with cancer, or some other horrible disease and they have no life to speak of? What if that person is disabled and unable to leave their home. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! I HATE THAT PHRASE!!

June 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Randy

She's washed up nobody wants to here her anymore she;s a lame duck and who gives a rats a$$ about daytime soaps except for people who have nothing to do all day.

June 6, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Aaaaaahhhhhhyeah

Ffffff

June 6, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Lisa

A few years ago, Brian Frons made a statement that "fans" would watch what he told us to watch. I stopped watching ABC (other than Castle, which I now get on NetFlix) at that time.

June 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  114. ED FL

WHO is Katie Couric?

June 6, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie Couric

I am a tv goddess, thats who I am! Next year ill b moving to fox so I can finish my plans of becoming a complete network hoe.

June 6, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  115. cinna

Just cuz a person watches daytime does NOT mean they are overweight or a slacker. There are people who are thin & do shift work (work during the evening or night time ie healthcare, gas stationn workers, resturants etc etc) do NOT judge orr lump all of us into 1 catergory that watch daytime, cuz a good part of us are leginament working class people....arrogant people

June 6, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Misty

Many people who watch Dayrime TV, especially the soaps, don't watch the "original" airing. They catch it later on Soapnet or a recording. Just Sayin......

June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Dennish

Littlemo: are u serious? Soaps are about normal people and things that happen in everyday life?OMG-u definitely need medication

June 6, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Dave

>>Will she kill general hospital?

We can hope! Seriously anyone who watches General Hospital needs to get a life anyway.

Besides, I'd watch Katie anyday.... that girl is still smokin' hot!

June 6, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smokey

Smokin hot? Not sure what you have been smoking? Oh well, different strokes and all that...

June 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tami

I am married and work full time also and am nowhere near 200 lbs. I love my soaps, i watch at night on soapnet. I have no interest in watching another frigging talk show or food show. ABC has already cancelled a few of my favorite shows, AMC & OLTL, Brothers & Sisters and Body of proof. So i will not watch another show on abc after the few i like are gone.

June 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  118. You

Wouldn't it be funny if Palin did a talk show after a failed prez bid and competed in the same time slot as Couric?

June 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  119. LouAz

Katie Couric has been "dead" for several years now. General Hospital fans have nothing to fear.

June 6, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  120. the_dude

Don't worry soaps.....give it about a month and you will be back on the air and Katie won't. Too bad every news article isn't about Sarah Palin otherwise Katie would still have a job.

June 6, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  121. shoshana

that really sucks

June 6, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Asquared

I never liked Couric. She never did her 'homework,' – it was painful for me to watch her just to see my favourite band / artist on GMA. 4pm time slot is Dr. Oz here too. Myself and my many followers will boycott this useless talk show – and ABC if GH is gone and I have to stare at this unappealing woman who can't seem to keep a job!

June 6, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  123. LittleMo

A&E Pimpin and Mark: I've watched GH and AMC since they started and I have never been even remotely close to 237 pounds. You call this mind rot? It's a damn site better than watching Mario Batali on "The Chew" or some chump telling me what to eat and what not to eat. Send the chefs back to Food Network where they belong. The soaps told stories of families living everyday lives and it made people realize that there are things of interest that happen to normal and usual people. However, what we don't need is another talk show – TV time is more poluted with "hosts" who want us to believe their land opinions are of paramount importance to our lives when all they have ot offer is just that – their opinions. In the long run, there should be something for everybody and the networks are completely blowing off the soap fans and forgetting that those same fans know how to change a channel, change a rating, and sink a show along with its network.

June 6, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayin'

Becasue soaps are full of reality, right? I mean, it's right out of Mayberry....

June 7, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  124. Chey

KT on another network! Another stale talk show. We are bombarded now. After the cbs evening news debacle, by all means let us give her more $$$, air time, and rope to hang herself. Her 15 minutes is over. She is not too big to fail.... and she will. The head of ABC Daytime should be fired. OLTL and AMC were worth saving. Keep the viewers happy. Hey ABC – listen to your audience!! It's all about ABC's bottom line. Viewers: Grab the remote and Click off KT. Put her on at 1:00AM... she is a better cure for insomniacs. The woman has the appeal of a pea.

June 6, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  125. akbar

she must be a good muslim if she is willing to kill at a hospital

June 6, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Richard Allen

looks like soap operas have finally met their end. They are just saying they support GH so people will keep watching until the very end.

June 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • SueN

I think you're right. With three new daytime shows, which time slot are they "committed" to giving to GH? It's a bunch of crap. I don't see any of those shows doing well.

June 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

You hit right on the head Richard. They will be canceling GH so all those who watch be prepared to see your beloved soap go. I've been watching since the 80's off and on and currently DVR it every day. I enjoy watching it when I can. BTW, I'm not 237 lbs. I go to the gym regularly 4 times a week. I can't help wonder what these great actors are going to do now...so sad. Moreover, what are the staff/crew/writers/directors going to do now in this reality, talk show dominated television world...

June 7, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  127. JD

I think Katie's show will bomb. I certainly don't have any interest in her.

June 6, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Beth

Katie must be liked by the right people because I sure can't see it.

June 6, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Billie

Please leave GH alone – they are like family to us and have been since the 70's! Do we really need another talk show, blah, blah, blah; boring, boring, boring.

June 6, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Fiona

Couric has always irritated me. I've never understood her popularity.

June 6, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  131. brad1001

So ... Perky – Perkinsberry is bringing her perky self to yet another network. Yawn ... s'cuse me ....

June 6, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. mark

I am so glad the soaps are finally dieing. I have wanted something more edifying for years to be aired in their place. Thank God it is finally happening...let the networks know you appreciate the replacement of that definition of mind rot called soap opera.

June 6, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

"edifying" makes no sense in the context you used it. Why do you care what others watch?

June 6, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • katy703

Why don't you get a job t hen?

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tia

Don't blame daytime television for you being too stupid to change the channel, mark.

June 7, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Soap haters – just wondering if you've ever watched a nighttime drama with a continuing storyline? Lost, Mad Men, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, CSI, Law & Order, etc, etc? Then you have watched a soap, just at a different time. Daytime drama actors turn out a 1 hr show 5 days a week. They are to be respected.
      As for sports, yes, they make money... but they aren't for everyone. Many of us would not care one little bit if there were never another sports broadcast on television. In fact, for those families who lose their husbands and fathers to the tv on the weekend when they should be spending quality time nurturing their children, it would be a blessing.
      What I am trying to say is to each their own. If I have determined I find peace in 60 minutes of daytime drama 5 evenings a week while I exercise, it hurts no one. It's my hobby. Yours appears to be online cruelty.

June 7, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
    • markus

you're absolutely right...i guess my life will be a desolate wasteland until something deep and profound like THE CHEW premieres.

June 7, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  133. A&E Pimpin

There are much more important things to discuss in this world. Does anyone truly care about daytime television programming. Get a hobby... get a job... mow the lawn. The average weight of daytime TV watchers is 237 lbs.

June 6, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billie

And how many hours a week do you waste watching sports or violent programing? Just askin.

June 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crimson Tide Fan

237 is a very conservative estimate. My girlfriend is a 270 pound daytime tv addicted sow. I'm going to dump her and start over.

Roll Tide!

June 6, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  134. JC-Los Angeles

How any sane business person in 2011 believes Katie Couric is worth even the most modest financial investment is beyond compehension; it was bad enough to employ her once and even worse to repeatedly do so; yikes.

June 6, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Kristi

Please leave General Hospital alone, I have been watching since the 1980's and don't want to stop now!!!

June 6, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norvy

I've watched GH since the 70s!!! ABC, please leave GH alone!!! It's a fan favorite. While she is certainly a good reporter, Katie Couric is not that good to replace GH.

June 6, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Kristi, I think it's time to find something else to do in that time slot. Go out and get a life.

June 7, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  136. Not a Katie Fan

Honestly, I haven't watched a soap in 20+ years but it seems wrong to ax these popular TV shows that people have watched for decades just to make room for a semi-talented diva like Katie Couric.

She blew it on the Today Show and she blew it on the CBS Evening News. Now she's moving on to ABC? I give her show a year before it tanks.

June 6, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mj

Not a fan of Soaps nor Katie Couric. Doesn't matter how they try and place her. She won't last.

June 6, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

A whole year? Really? I think it'll tank before the holidays this year.

June 6, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Afan

ABC has been playing fast and loose with too many shows, both daytime and primetime. They could easily give Couric the the 4PM time slot Oprah vacated and keep General Hospital on, especially since they axed 2 other soaps. If you are a fan of GH or even if you are not, please let ABC and its sponsors know that it is viewers that make a network and that viewers need to be considered when making decisions, not corporate politics. Also please make it known that we will not watch Katie Couric's show if it means the death of long time favorite. The networks try to cite ratings as there reason for cancellation, but the plain fact is that it is cheaper to produce talk and reality shows than scripted shows, so don't let ABC fool you into thinking there is any other reason but money. Viewers deserve better than a "maybe, we'll see" answer.

June 6, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

In our area...they gave the 4p Oprah slot to Dr, Oz...starting in September.

June 6, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • michael

if you spent as much time living your own life as it appears you do worrying about the idiot box i bet it would work out much better

June 6, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Afan

Sure Michael, and if idiots like you didn't spend all their time purposely trying to get a rise out of people in comments sections, I bet it would work out much better.

June 7, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  138. steve

Its a money bussiness too bad they wont make anything with katie she needs to go back to nbc

June 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Terrie H.

Join the boycott of ABC programming until they bring back the soaps!!!

June 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitchell

Yeah cus history has proven that boycotting has an effect!

June 6, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel

If by soaps, you mean LOST

June 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I'm going to continue my boycott of ABC programs until they bring back better programs.

June 6, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • alawahsahlan

I'm with you on the boycott. I find it amusing that people talk down soaps but think sports' games are intelligent programming. ABC is stupid for getting rid of the soaps and putting in this other garbage. I'll just turn to another soap on another station.

June 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LA2NC

In recent years boycotts and fan support have saved My So Called Life, Jericho and Friday Night Lights, just to name a few.

June 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • thizzz

Robert- better yet, why don't you stop judging other people?

June 6, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Working girl

Get a life.

June 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • bwp88

Even better, just stop watching television. What a wasteland.

June 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

To alawahsahlan, SPORTS MAKE MONEY, PEOPLE WATCH SPORTS! The ultimate reason behind the cancelling of the programs was low viewership. Think alawahsahlan think!

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cynthia, NJ

I'm with you.

June 6, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • nostradoofus

I've boycotted ABC for years........because it sucks.

June 6, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Hey its 2011 not 1975. Those how live in the past become extinct.

June 6, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

I watch GH and I love it. I was pregnant and stick in bed and Loved my soaps to get me through it

June 7, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Tia

Yeah, that makes sense...don't watch a show so the ratings go down, that will really get ABC to want to bring back soap operas.

June 7, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Annoyed

Unfortunatley it's not just the soaps either. It's all the shows and all the networks. I am a CBS Daytime watcher however I did lose quite a few shows on ABC and NBC. Just go look at their lineups. There is only a handful of show left that are not reality shows. While I don't mind a few reality shows, it's really becoming overkill. Just from 2010-2011, 89 shows were cancelled, including Chase, Criminal Mind SB, Detroit 187, Ghost Whisperer, The event, Medium, No Ordinary Family, V, ATW, OLTO, AMC... just to name a few. Some of these shows were even cut prior to the end of their first seasons. I guess the bottom line is TV sucks lately and so do the networks that provide them to us. I think it's time to find something more productive because it doesn't look like they are going to get a clue anytime soon.

June 7, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Gerry D

I watch soaps and immediate change the station now. ABC was my main station for 40 yrs. Am avoiding all new shows coming on why give ABC any ratings they don't deserve anymore. I am hoping other soap lovers are doing the same and that ABC sees ratings on new shows are low.

June 7, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • jenn

Hey robert- f-off. Who are you to judge???

June 7, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty

Never liked Couric and she will never be Oprah. Cooking (Food) shows will not work. Cooking shows on all over the cable chanels. People want their soaps. I have been watching All My Children and One Life to Live for over 40 years. Wake up! people like their soaps not boring Couric or cooking shows.

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

June 7, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Simon Says

bwp88-You call television a wasteland, yet you are in an Internet comment forum?

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • ringleader

Hey Kristin, have you ever heard of a DVR? It's this new-fangled device that lets you record shows so you can watch them at a time other than when they are originally broadcast.

It's fine if some people don't like soaps – I can't stand horror movies or any of those trashy "Housewives of ..." shows whereas some people obviously do. But just because you don't like a particular genre of entertainment doesn't mean that you should put down everyone else that does. If everyone tried to remember the manners that they were taught as a child, this country would be a much better place.

June 7, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • hoofawted

I'm going to boycott ABC until they bring back step by step

June 7, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Soaps are a thing of the past. Kill the Soaps!!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Really??????

Terry H. Sweetie... PUT DOWN THE BONS BONS; GET OFF THE COUCH; AND LIVE YOUR LIFE!! Maybe try the gym; take an aerobics class; read a good book... Get out and meet people...

June 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • joni

Who cares? I won't be watching Katie Couric, whether she's on day time TV or night time TV.

June 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri

If General Hospital get's cancelled for Katie Couric, her show will not last. As a life time watching viewer of General Hospital, I would never then support her show. If her show comes on a 4pm, then maybe I would watch it. But there's nothing special about Katie Couric. Her doing a talk show means nothing to me. I love General Hospital and I think it would be the biggest mistake ABC ever did to cancel it.

June 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • markus

Hey Kristin, I have something called a JOB, too...it pays for my DVR, and i watch OLTL in the evening.

June 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tallone

I am with you!!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JoJo

I know I won't watch anything on channel 7. I also work full time and recorded my show to watch when I got home. I am so tired of all these reality shows. And if Katie Couric will be making millions like they said in a previous article, I am tired of seeing one person making so much money and having all these actors out of work. Channel 7 no longer an option on my TV

June 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lu

I love Katie, but refuse to watch her show since it is on ABC. Once they pull All My Children and One Life to Live, I will watch GH until the end but nothing else.

June 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Man

Markus: Really? You do realize you posted that online, right? Please tell me that "Markus" is a nickname for Marcella or something feminine.

Forever questioning Markus' motives,

-The Man

June 7, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

alawahsahlan: Sports are unintelligent? Evidently you've never played.

June 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • katherine

If ABC replaces GH with Katie Couric – doesn't mean you have to watch her. GH will probably end up on a cable channel somewhere because there are way too many fans. They don't want to lose out on a money making opportunity so GH won't go away completely. ANOTHER talk show.... can't wait.

gh

June 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michele

If they take General Hospital off the air, i am COMPLETELY done with ABC!!!! We have already lost 2 phenomenal shows to some stupid talk and food shows, which I will NEVER watch!!! If I wanted to watch those types of shows, I would tune into another network!!! But I don't because I have watched many soap operas since I was a teenager and I am invested in these shows! I can only hope that ABC will see that their ratings will go down and realize what they have done!

August 23, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Name*chefmom

Hate to admit, but I agree...why are women home even watching this dreck?

June 6, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  141. NM

Because some of us are stay at home moms, RAISING OUR CHILDREN!!!! Got a problem with that???

June 6, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Bessie McBusybody

'RAISING YOUR CHILDREN' with General Hospital? Hilarious. Until I realize that we'll be paying for your children's existence as well.

June 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Working girl

Raising your kids or watching television? Those days are over girl. Get a job. I did both and my kids turned out fine and now I can actually talk about something intelligent other than who died on GH and what Regis said today while other people that have a life roll their eyes and move on.

June 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  144. GH Fan

I am married, have a baby and work full time, but there is this thing called a DVR and I watch when I get home from work..

June 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Annoyed

Exactly! I have been recording my daytimes shows for since I have been a teen. So what us ladies went out and became independent. It doesn't mean that we don't still watch our shows. So fustrating!

June 7, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  146. Jaded

I don't know what kind of children you have or what kind of parent you are, but babies and children who aren't of age yet to attend school generally take naps. During those naps generally one can either sit down and watch tv or like I do turn on the tv while cleaning the house as I enjoying listening to programs with an occasional look up to see what's going on. I'm going to assume, based on your comment, you popped out your kids and went back to work the next day and let your nanny raise than for you. Do they call her mommy while you have interesting conversations with people?

June 7, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  147. Elizabeth

The decline of America started when we had a big increase in both parents working.
    Since my generation is responsible for the womens movement, you have my apologies for being part of a social revolution that ended up turning out young people who feel their children are better off spending their formative years with a babysitter than their actual parent, whether it be a mother or a father.
    Think about it. If we went back to only one parent working, and changed our lifestyles to accommodate that standard of income rather than spending it on things we really truly don't need.... our country just might turn back around.
    Jobs would be more available as a great many people would not wish to work. But I just have to doubt we as a nation are willing to give up our "things" in favor of family.
    You who were not around in the 60s to be raised in a loving nuclear family where a parent was home when you came home from school and helped with homework then shooed you out the door to actually play... you just can't understand how badly we boomers feel for you. Kids have become attachments, add-ons. While womens lib was necessary and equality must never go backward, our society is destined to decline until we go back to people raising their own children. As a bonus, I'm willing to bet the divorce rate drops if the family becomes a family again, and not the odd compilation of separate lives who meet up on the weekend. Kids need a parent at home after school for the entire time they are in school. And before you judge me as a lazy idiot, I worked beginning when my kids were in school full time, but made certain my jobs had hours where I would be home before them and on their days off. It can be done.

June 7, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  148. Samwich Kat

You make samwich I can haz?

June 7, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  149. Karen

You are 100% right! Thank you for your post.

June 7, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  150. Barb

NM, don't pay attention to those people. They probably watch all those idiotic reality shows at night anyway. I never watch those shows, they degrade American life.

June 10, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Elaine

I never watch any of those phony reality shows. You want reality, watch Deadliet Catch or Swords. Not that sappy DWTS and The Bachlorette,etc.

June 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |