'Housewife' Ramona Singer: I'm not an alcoholic
June 6th, 2011

'Housewife' Ramona Singer: I'm not an alcoholic

It's no secret that "Real Housewives of New York City" cast member Ramona Singer loves her Pinot Grigio, but the Bravo star insists she doesn't have a drinking problem.

"Do I overdrink? No. I drink with responsibility," she tells In the Mixx. "I drink with a beautiful dinner. I would rather have my one or two glasses of Pinot Grigio than dessert, which is 700 calories."

Singer, who has her own Pinot Grigio line, points out that many of the other "Housewives" drink just as much as she does but clever editing makes it appear she is overindulging.

"I actually said to Bravo, I called them up [and] said, 'Wait, is the story line so bad you have to make [my drinking] a story line? Because you know I don't have a drinking problem,'" she says.

Singer notes that she couldn't be the success she is today if she were an alcoholic.

"I've been on the show for four years. How can I have five businesses, be married 19 years, have a daughter who's a straight-A student? I cannot even be a ... functioning alcoholic if I had all of this stuff going on. It would be impossible," she explains. "Do you ever see me fall down on TV? Do you ever see me slur my speech? Absolutely not. Do I have a drink or two with dinner? Absolutely."

1. amitrptyline

Cool read, you guys got an RSS feed I can subscribe to so I can bounce in only when something like TCAs interests me?

April 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. john

how can you press charges or tell your lawyer that people are posting their opinions regarding your drinking problem? Its not defamation. Get an education Ramona Singrigio hahah. have some class for your daughters sake. My mother would never act the way that you do. love jill zaren, luann talks too much about class there for she is lo class, sonja awesome , your crazy, kelly stupid as hell.

July 4, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. RJ

ramona, You are an alcoholic darling. It's ok a lot of successful people are. I just feel bad for your daughter , "ramonas sweet 16" look at how luann threw the best party for her daughter even though all she talks about is having class and one who has class doesn't always say that they do. you prob get drunk at home alone or in the morning alone with out cameras. Come on just chill with the drinking.

July 4, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ann

I think Ramona should reach for her husband and not her wine. It is clear he is getting tired of her drunken antics. He is looking elsewhere. So Ramona you have a choice.

June 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Oceanvieweyes

Addiction does not discriminate,but what the hell do I know !!!! Being 8 yrs clean and 7 yrs as a certified addiction counselor ...and yes I had it all ..and I lost it all..and was lucky to get it all back ...w/a tremendous amount of hard work .

June 25, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Janie

Dump the whole NY cast. They're dreadful....

June 9, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. anon

This woman is an idiot, she's only famous for spending money, popping her eyes out, and being a drunken moron. Who cares what she wants to drink. I doubt she has only had one or two glasses, more like one or two bottles.

June 7, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Robin

I watched the Morocco episode and she was a complete mess. Have of these women on the "Real Housewives" aren't even true housewives. I thought you needed to be married to me a wife. Ramona is rude, loud, offensive and I would rather see her gone than watch another episode.

June 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. squanky

What IS that accent of hers? It's like nails on a blackboard.

June 7, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

Absolutely! Her eyes also wth is wrong with those probably all that pinot

June 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RU Kidding Me?

You don't have to drink to be an alcoholic. She obsesses about having it all the time. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. It's the least of her problems. She needs to worry more about her manners and how she treats other people. She embarrassed herself in Morocco. And the worst part of all is that she thinks she did/does nothing wrong.

June 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

If people already know that they need to have Pinot on hand or else she will flip out then she's an ALCOHOLIC

June 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. yvonne

Ramona.... better own up for being a drunk... at least that will be a pass to overlook your unladylike behavior. You are without class... If Mario is smart , he will find himself a lovely lady well suited to him and his fantastic good looks and quiet dignity. Ramona, you are loud, offensive, rude and in complete fear of becoming OLD.. By the way no amount of Pinot Grigio will prevent the eventual aging,, but a few lessons in good behavior is far more attractive than your use of BOTOX etc... etc...

June 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. OMG!

OMGG!! HOW can we forget turtle time???? she was wasted the entire season & she is continuing the pattern! She is just beyond herself! Why does she think she can talk to Cindy any way she wants? Eveyone keeps picking on Cindy, not that i'm a major fan of hers, but Sonya is a BLEEEPPP! She thinks because she was on the last season that now she's a "regular" SONYA, YOU'RE BASIC!! I have no favorites this season...I'm just goin through Bethenny withdrawl =/

June 7, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. B.o.

Like I said Ramonna if you've got a drinking problem you're in good company because most of these "regular guys" on this blog are drunks, and they're dumb enough to be proud of it..

June 7, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. TJinCNJ

Doesn't slur her words? What about 'turtle time'! She's a complete drunk.

June 7, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. jezzy24

You people are stupid. It's a television show. And although it's called "reality" tv doesn't mean its real. Editing does make things worse than it actual is and producers can encourage the people on the show to exaggerate things such as Ramona's drinking. This season of RHONY was postponed because it was so boring that they had to keep filming to get more of a story line. How come in past season Ramona's drinking wasn't highlighted? Because there was actually a story going on! I don't think she has a problem and I don't think there's anything wring with getting a little tipsy friends

June 7, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Alex Winter

Pinot Grigo is 700 calories? Then I need to stop drinking a magnum of Thunderbird before bed. No wonder I'm so fat!

June 7, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. charlie crack

Hey @BV, @peace, @ted, and @mad r@p3r. Hope you all are well. Have a great day! Have to admit...if this lady makes her own wine and has to have it in an i.v. wherever she goes, she's got an issue somewhere.

June 7, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  18. charlie crack

Also a show my girfriend watches. Not my favorite at all. This woman does have a drinking, hypervigilant, erratic demeanor. Good person i'm sure, just needs a little direction.

June 7, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  19. Wow

Is no wonder you are not liked jen. you make stupid comments and never know when to s.t.f.u. Nite all

June 7, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  20. jen

I'ts sad but true, check the statistics good nigth.

June 7, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  21. The Mad R@p3r

That's a super-great thought jen, drunk pilots, drunk docs, drunk pharmacists, drunk bankers, all people I want balls deep in Jack Daniels and claiming to be functional like this white wine swilling wacktard Ramona. On that note good night everyone.

June 7, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. jen

Back on the subject like I said I don't watch the show but yes there are functional alcoholics flying planes,performing surgery,dispensing
    Medicine and running all kinds of businesses.So it isn't impossible for Ramona.

June 7, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. ring me a bell

Umm w t f was i going to say?! umm something stupiod like beating my stick.

June 7, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  24. jen

None of you bi–hes got laid over the rihgt? I' sorry don't be mad at me,you know what to do go to your rooms in mommys' basements and beat your tiny drums,you can think about while you get off I don't mind I like to help the needed.

June 7, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  25. lana

I had SkinnyGirl (Bethanney) served at a house party, no one liked it, and I also served Ramona's Pinot Girgio and everyone loved it, so the SkinnyGirl was poured down the drain. I don't know how Bethanney sold that for $120MM?????? Bethanney 0 Ramona 10000000000000000000000000000+++++

June 7, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  26. k

Hey take it eassy guys. y so angry w this girl?

June 6, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. apartheid

Could use some help on the mandela blog.

June 6, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mr. Ed

Why are you getting me involved with jen the wh0re tin tin? I sure to hell dont want to be with that want to be c%unt. you can have her b!tch. Im sure she is used up and loose like all wh0res.

June 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ?

Jealous tin tin and mr ed left u out g@y boy. Quite trollin, get a life, and maybe some1 will have u.

June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lauren

Have you all lost your minds?!

June 6, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Peter

W – t -f! lol

June 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. @Tin Tin

I SEE YOU FOUND YOUR PLAYMATE JEN? WHERE IS MR. ED? HEARD YOU TWO ARE GOING TO DO A GANG BANG.

June 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. T-2

She looks like a deer in headlights. I would also love to put a plastic bag over her head and have s.ex with her. I bet her eyes would really pop..tee hee

June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. John

Women just belon in the kitchen and should bow down to us. You women all sound drunk and in need of a good hammering.

June 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mastermind

I like to feed wine to my wife when she is PMSing. I keep her drunk and stone for a week so that way I won't want to put a plastic bag over her head.

June 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Beautiful Vixen

Seriously ladies what's with all the hate for this one woman? Suck the venom back in. You are all getting worked up over a "so called" reality show. These shows are getting more scripted like crazy to to get us to watch. Seriously are going to tell me that anyone of you women posting on this blog, would hang around someone you hate and cause a lot of drama in your lives? I sure wouldn't and I don't think you would also.

June 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Yeah right

SHe is not an alcoholic! WHat drunk can run a business so well? I wish I could!

June 6, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bea

A person can be a "functioning" alcoholic. At lest for a while. Drinking will have to cause her problems before she stops.

June 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  38. karen

This show, and Ramona in particular, exudes snobbishness and ignorance of the suffering in this world.
    Ramona is so narcissistic. How DARE she say she needs her "luxuries" like 600 tc sheets when so many
    people don't have a home? She is the most narcissistic human being I have ever seen, and doesn't care one
    bit who likes it.
    If NY Housewives doesn't start being more than token sensitive to the realities in this country it will soon be off the
    air. And well it should be! A trip to Morocco indeed. Sonja didn't even know about the tragedy in Joplin. UGH!

June 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jen

Yes it's me again tintin I just thought I'd wake you up by commenting on "your" blog, how are you?

June 6, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Tin Tin

@jen you again? did we not tell you to hush it girl?

June 6, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. tell it like it is

If anyone notices all the ladies on the real housewives shows over drink, everything they do involves alcohol. Do not single one person out for it when they all do it. Her eyes are naturally like that, most of you here aren't happily married or living her life, get over it. When you win a miss America contest then speak on the the physical flaws you think others have. I never write on blog sites but this amount of hatred is so unnecessary. She keep it real on the show with alcohol or not. she says what she feels to people directly rather than all the ladies saying it behind others back, if you going to kill her for that then your as bad as the rest especially Jill and LuAnn.

June 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Foofur2k

Anyone who mentionst her "friend" telling an"amusing antidote" needs either a lot less pinot or a little more education... and an antidote for her alcohol poisoning.

June 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Valerie

Agree- something is off with Ramona. Eyes are very weird and she is mean and slightly stupid.

June 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  44. jen

Ramona,I don't even know who you are and I have not seen your but after checking out this blog for a few weeks if you have a drinking problem you're not alone causu the mother fx-+ers on here are alkees!

June 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Beautiful Vixen

Not a fan of this woman but what's with all the venom from the other ladies?

June 6, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. joe

No one cares. Literally, no one cares.

June 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. KATHLEEN BOURINOT

Ramona, I am shocked to see your jewelry on the Catholic website. I don't mean to judge; but you never let anyone give their side of the pain you have caused. I am shocked how insulting you are. I am serious when I ask you to go to a psychiatrist to see why you are so mean spirited. You sound manic and your eyes are bulging with rage. Go get help soon. Maybe the show has asked you to be this way for ratings; but no amount of money could make me so mean spirited as you are. You sound like an uneducated snob.

June 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

Now she has to hawk her jewelry on the Catholic website?? She promotes it every chance she gets on the show.
      Utterly classless and greedy.

June 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Marie Kidman

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSvqMBj-ig&w=640&h=390]

June 6, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Liz

An alcoholic can't stay married or have a daughter with good grades? Sheesh.

June 6, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • botoxmeup

HAHAHA – Ramona is not my favorite, but she can tell it like it is – I have to admit that in some weird way, I do applaud the tiger business woman she is – As for the PINOT GREGIO, Sister, every time you walk into a room, you look like a raving lunatic when you ask for it (classless at best) – Like, are the queen of England, or New York? Neither, right? Please, Ramona, for the sake of your future grandchildren, it's not cute NOR funny when the first thing you ask for when you walk into ANY room, party or restroom is PINOT –
      About your eyes – Hey chick, for real – Calm it down and bring it down... You make me so crazy for them eyes of yours are scary and blazing - That botox job has got you looking like a scared owl in heat... I must say.
      Your friend Jill is so desperate for fame and lost such a great friend in Bethany – She should be ashamed, but yet, she's still seeking stardom – Sad to watch, really.... lol – The race for authenticity, class and fame has been won by a landslide by BETHANY FRANKEL! (thank you Jesus!) – 46 of my friends STOPPED watching b/c of Bethany leaving housewives... 30 of them were relatives of mine and it was unanimously decided that we'd switch it to Bethany... We watch NY on HULU – lol, in the airport.... Good luck ladlies – and get some help, dear Ramona... lol

June 6, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

Liz, that describes my mother precisely. She denied she was a drunk her entire life. She covered up her alcoholism from her friends, siblings, employer, church...and took out all of her self-hatred on her children and husband. And yet the husband stayed, the children did well in school. We were all miserable and deeply damaged from the experience, but that's another matter.

June 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • patty

My Father was an alcoholic and I had really good grades and so did my sister. Sometimes the children compensates for the reality of a fallen parent. Ramona is very condensending to to those that she feels threatened by. My Father was really a sweet person, but had a problem – I think Avery is compensating for her Mother and it's really sad!

July 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  50. WV Housewife

I cringe everytime Ramona comes on the screen! She talks too fast, she's squirrely looking and she's trying to be a real hotshot. You can tell that most people on the show don't like her...why is she still on?? I find nothing at all admirable about her or her "life"...she seems a "hanger-on",,,

June 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

I couldn't agree more. But Ramona obviously thinks she is the star, since she shoves her way to the
      front of everything and demands attention to HER. She really needs to be let go, and she needs to TRY
      to understand why she is so disliked.

June 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kate

There sure are a lot of judgmental people out there. We see a one hour show once a week. None of you know whether she has a drinking problem or Bravo is doing careful editing to create drama. Shame on you.

June 6, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

Shame on you for judging us judging Ramona. Ramona is really a psycho nutjob who happens to have a drinking problem.

June 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judy

That fact that we ONLY see one hour a week of their lives and week after week, Ramona is drinking and when she is not drinking she is yelling for a drink. When she went to Cindy's kid's party and was yelling for wine, that is weird to me. Can't she drink water or soda just once? It was one thing to be hammered in St. John, get it, but when she was clearly drunk at her lunch launch party, it indicated that she has a problem. Here is the bottom line...I like wine just as much as the next person but if I went to an event and they said, we do not have any, I would order a club soda and that would be the end of it. People like Ramona start freaking out.

June 6, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. chichi

This show should be called the Really Ugly Housewives of NY, Inside and Out. Crazy eyes is the worst – she needs a new therapist and a new plastic surgeon.

June 6, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • justme

Nope. Just call it Really Ugly Women of NY. Because there is nothing Real or Housewife about any of these women

June 6, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

The entire Housewives franchise should have been called "Catfight" from the beginning. That's all it amounts to, and it's why the shows are so addicting.

Either that or "Shallow Women With Money."

The only woman on the NYC show who is more insecure, reactive, and downright beotchy than Ramona is the ex-model (Kelly?).

June 6, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ramona's AA Sponsor

LOL! I agree, these women are the ugliest houswives!RO

June 7, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Rocco

She's got "crazy eyes" doesn't she???? Scary!!!!

June 6, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

She always looks surprised!

June 7, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another Chris

Those aren't "crazy eyes"... those are glassy eyes. You know, when a lush hasn't had their medicine in a few hours and is jonesing for a nip. Seen it a million times.

June 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  54. madchat33

I've never seen such beady eyes on a person... it's almost creepy!

June 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathleen Bourinot

Beady, they pop out of her sockets with rage, scary for sure.

June 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

She looks like she's thinking, "I will eat your baby!" or something. God help us all if she sees some of the comments on here.

June 6, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ram0S GrigioMania

If I weren't too plastered to call my lawyers you'd all be in big trouble, lucky for you I wont even remember this when I wake up. Instead i'll just sit here having psychotic, bug-eyed revenge fantasies and grinding my teeth.

June 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • t.lynn

@Ram0S GrigioMania...you are soooo wrong...lmao....

June 6, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jaxmol

She totally slurs her words and is often obviously drunk. Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I might also add that plenty of successful people are alcoholics.

June 6, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lori

DENY< DENY< DENY !!!

June 6, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  57. SmarterthanU

Lush! Emotional, non sensible and slurring when she drinks.

Her and Audrina's mom are in the same basket.

June 6, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  58. carolyn

This woman is a drunken idiot.

June 6, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ram0S GrigioMania

I can see all you filthy poor people saying these things with my incredible thousand-yard-stare. Just be aware that I know, that you know, that I know, that I FREAKING LOVE PINO GRIGIO.

June 6, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pish Posh

Are you serious? Oh yeah....she is an alcoholic that is still in denial.

June 7, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Does Ramona remind you of the *close talker* in the Seinfeld story...hahahahaha....remember how he got right up in one's face...hahaha..

June 7, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

I think it's funny people believe you can't be successful and be an alcoholic – she's in denial.

June 7, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

This is America....if you cant be a drunken idiot here then where can you be one? Same with pot smoking....yet its still ilelgal.

June 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynmariep

OMG!!! I never write on these sit,,, but
      this chick is a frickin FRUIT LOOP!! Ramona you need SERIOUS help!!!

June 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |