'Fear Factor' returning to NBC
Visitors to Universal Studios Hollywood wait to audition for the 'Fear Factor Live' attraction in 2005.
June 3rd, 2011

'Fear Factor' returning to NBC

The gross-out reality competition "Fear Factor" is returning to NBC, but there's good news for the squeamish: The revamped version will be kinder to those without stomachs of steel.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the series, which saw contestants eating worms and drinking rat smoothies while competing for a $50,000 prize, is expected to feature fewer gross-out challenges.

The show is already holding an online casting call, seeking "married couples, siblings, parent/child, best friends, co-workers, teammates, roommates, [and] ex's" from the Los Angeles area.

"'Fear Factor' is the competition reality show in which contestants must decide if they have the guts and determination to face their fears while outpacing the competition," reads a statement on the site.

Though comedian Joe Rogan hosted the original series, it is not known if he'll do the same duties for the reboot. An air date for the new "Fear Factor" has not yet been announced.

1. Instigator

I can't believe anyone still watches NBC. Now, they rehash this lame duck from years ago.

June 6, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. MANDINGO!

I just had the best rough trick eva! Angry old men get me sooo hot!

June 6, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. dawn01

who cares, it's crap... you better get that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

June 4, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dave

If they had a comp. On who could wash megan fox's the best with their tongue I'd like to be on that one.

June 4, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dave

If they had a comp. On who could wash megan fox's - the best with their tongue I'd like to be on that one.

June 4, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Psychologist

I have to agree with BEBR H8R. It appears the child was jealous of her moms freespirited lifesstyle. She saw many young men paying special attention to her mom and was upset she herself didnt have so many suitors. I feel she may have been jealous of her moms popularity and possibly developed slight depression.

June 4, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. BEBR H8R

@Evelyn. Caley put the tape pn herself before she comitted suicide. An astrologist told me she believes Caley was upset about her moms partying. The poor girl had post birth depression. This is common in children up to 4 years of age. That is why its important to buy them many toys.

June 4, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sunshine Girl*

Right now im doing the kids b/c im bored.The a/c is still broken b/c i dont need pay for crappy air.My husband is slapping my d!ck.He keeps complaining about it being black.@B lo me how are you today?Hot or nude?

June 4, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..i bet you look mighty hot in a mini skirt, heels and red lips.

June 3, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave

Joe Rogen is obnoxious. And I've heard is comedy act and it isn't that funny either.

June 3, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BEBR H8R

OK I am in fact Beautiful Vixen. So what. F U all. If you cant take a joke then you shouldnt be here. A$$ Wipes all of you.

June 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. BEBR H8R

Casey Anthony is 100 percent innocent. She cant help it her baby caley committed suicide. Children get depressed and do that. Caley needed psychological help. Its not her moms fault they couldnt afford it. Casey is being persecuted by the rich republican conservatives because she is a single mom who couldnt afford psychological help for her child. FREE CASEY AND THE POLITICAL PRISONERS.

June 3, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evelyn

WOW, Your a moron ! Casey killed that little girl in cold blood and should get the death penalty. How can a 3 year old even begin to hurt themselves considering that she was bound with duck tape on her hands a mouth ! She must have been a magician in order to pull thatr off. Her mother killed her and still has no remorse for the actual crime she has remorse for getting caught and now sitting in prison./ Maybe you should go visit her since you believe she is innocent! Hell even her own family thinks shes a liar and if she had all these issues she had 3 years to say something and she waited until it was time to face a jury for her crimes that she actually said anything about it. There is no proof that she was mentally ill HOWEVER there is evidence of how she killed that poor little girl.

June 4, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Blahhhh

Great, they kill 'The Event' and replace it with this non-event. The NBC program director needs be put through this show eating pig testicles & skinny dipping in a vat of piranhas.

June 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. poppie

I would love to be on fear factor!bb

June 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Madd Crapper

You dont have to go on fear factor to eat some doookie. Just come over to my place and I will lovingly slide some butt pickles down your throat.

June 6, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. Anthony's Case Posts

Ah just luv them there realitee shows,specilly tha ones wit all them dar fat bit chs on em tryin ta lose weigt. Kinda remines mi of mi. Yessiree luv eatin them moonpi's an wachin that there realitee c rap. Specilly like that there judge nancy grace, she's mi favoritist. Don't mine mi ya awl I'm from kintuky, we like owr inbreadin down here ya awl.

June 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lady GooGoo

"Reality TV" is kinda like watching NASCAR. Only thing WORSE is Court TV. The Bilderberg Group has plenty of shows on the "nationalist network" to keep Americans stupid, and wasting their time. As long as "Bubba" has his beer and his flat-screen TV, he won't be out shooting Bilderbergers. America has been HIJACKED by the plutocrats. People need to spend less time in front of their tv's, and more time getting ready for the next CIVIL WAR. ( Which will be a war between the HAVE'S, and the HAVE-NOT'S ) Wake up people. The "REALITY" is you are all being sold down the river!

June 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

The govt is coordinating predator drone strikes through the plate in my head. Only my tinfoil hat protects me.

June 5, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Anthony's Case Posts

I don't know how everyone can't figure out that casey is certifiably nuts(bonkers in the head if you will). The whole family was in on it, they should all burn, why can't the prosecution see that?

June 3, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. BEBR H8R

Honestly there were some cute guys on it though. I always watched to see if the xray night cam would show some hot guys package. LOL.

June 3, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. BEBR H8R

ONLY AN IMBICILE WOULD THINK FEAR FACTOR IS ENTERTAINING.

June 3, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Oh do tell us more 'BEBR H8R'. And please KEEP IT CLASSY WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON. You're doing great.

June 4, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Casey Anthonys dead baby

This go around they could have two constestants take a poopee in a pie plate and the other one eat it. I wont be able to watch though because Im dead.

June 6, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sunshine Girl *

Now Fear Factor was good fun. I used to watch that show all the time. I really liked the segments when they had to eat all kinds of gross stuff. And the bugs! Wow! Glad their bringing it back b/c itll be way better than the stupidity they call reality shows airing these days. Finally a good idea. I hope the new host they hire is as good as the old one was. Well Ill be watching all the new episodes.

June 3, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

I agree sunshine Girl the reality shows that are out now are more soap opera's than real. Are you going to try out for Fear Factor this season??.... you should, it's a great experience : ) *LLOL* LIving Life Out Loud.... Stay Strong Live Well.... Joshua Aspiranti

June 6, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  20. TacoBender

Pig Uterus Shakes were so tasty!!

June 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Kennedy JR

I crashed my plan while eating my wifes HOT STINKY PIECES!!

June 6, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. Pips

Blah, the gross out challenges were the best part. The boring stuff was junk like "How many flags can you grab while sliding down this pyramid". That stuff was boring to watch, but it was worth it watching people puke trying to eat 100 year old eggs. Man that was awesome.

June 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Pot Pie

The Water Buffalo Chip eating contest was also a delicious diversion.

June 6, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |