Angelina Jolie: Our education system needs improvement
June 3rd, 2011

Angelina Jolie: Our education system needs improvement

She may be a superstar, but just like any mother, Angelina Jolie is concerned about the state of schools today.

"I wish there was a book every parent could read that tells you how to navigate through the school system, and how to tailor the education system for your children and their interests," the mom of six tells the Independent. "I'm personally getting a lot more involved with their different tutors and teachers."

Jolie's children are enrolled in the Lycée programme French schooling system in several different countries, including New York, Prague and Venice.

"But we have different teachers from different cultures in our house, who travel with us. Not only nannies but teachers," she says. "To us it's about building a team around us where we can all be enhanced culturally and they can help with following a curriculum legally."

The "Kung Fu Panda 2" star adds that she believes there's a lot to be learned outside the classroom.

"I do think we live in a different age and the education system hasn't caught up with our children and our way of life," she says. "But we travel and I'm the first person to say, 'Get the schoolwork done as quickly as possible because let's go out and explore.' I'd rather them go to a museum and learn to play guitar and read and pick a book they love.

"I feel that there's got to be a new way to tailor things more directly to our children," she explains. "Considering the amount of information we have today, the internet and online books... We as parents need to think about how we can shake it up and make it better."

1. anthony mc mahon

Dear parents and teachers,I am writing to introduce the smartvision method.I have developed a book and simple methods for young people to block out any distractions,helping the student to use their dominant-eye to focus their attention without interruptions.Here is a program every parent could teach their children to better navigate through the education system.For more information please visit http://www.learning simplified.net.yours sincerely anthony mcmahon.

January 8, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Duh

Damn I want her to top me off after I hit it .if I had a milli .she would ...

August 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Saffron

These are actors for god's sake and although I do appreciate the attention this particular actress gives people in dire situations, she needs to consider the impact her commentary makes before spewing it off. Unfortunately, in our modern society celebrities are hailed as the all knowing by the masses. Perhaps even going as far as influencing those to take their children out of school for home-schooling, which I would find quite unfortunate. Public school not only provides knowledge (as best as it can at this time), but exposes us to a social system we will come to face every day. A world, children of celebrities most likely will never see, even the 'cultured' ones flying around in private jets. Celebrities are far too removed to understand that at this point in time our economy has taken a down turn and that most kids have parents that both go to work. They unfortunately are too focused on making ends meet than being able to be there for their children's education. So instead of making us masses feel inadequate about a system that we all aware of is broken, instead of stating the obvious, do something about it. Take responsibility for your words which always do make a presence with or without a coutour gown.

June 9, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeremy

It seems a bit arrogant for someone to criticize the education system, especially when they're not likely to have to utilize it, anyway. Furthermore, Jolie's criticism comes with no alternate solution. Nothing is more tiring than naysayers with no plan for improvement. The real question here, is why Jolie's opinion even matters. She should stick to what she does best and leave public education to the official elected by the people.

"The education system hasn't caught up with our kids' way of life." That's laughable.

I don't know about you guys, but my kids neither go to school in France nor enjoy the best education money can buy. In my humble opinion, Jolie should just shut her mouth and focus on the promotion of her silly panda movie. It's a shame, you know, I used to really like her. When living in the spot light, less is definitely more.

June 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Decline of Education (Causattive Factors)

1. Teachers primarily are MOSTLY lazy instructors, caring more for placing hours on the clock, rather than dedication to improving quality of education. Not saying ALL.

2. Courses of instruction (particularly in middle and high schools) offer mediocre applications in the real world, the equivalent of trying to paint a fancy house with a generic palette.

3. Education costs are simply far too high, based out of greed (from school board CEOs with million dollar salaries to colleges bilking the government loan system charging 400.00 for a college level textbook).

All of these things and more will result in a dumbing down of our society, preventing human progress in ALL areas of science, social, buisiness, and political exchanges. The country that continues with such a system will guarantee FAIL.

June 6, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ghost of Morlenheim

The education system is afailure and it is geared towards one thing; to push females into the workplace, displacing jobs held traditionally by men. This will ultimately destroy the binds of society, leading to increased violence towards women and a dysfunctional global economy.

June 6, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. SoWhat!

I think its easy for Angelina to say, I take my kids out into the "real world" to learn, not taking into account that there are parents who cant afford to take their children to all these so called cultural events and parents who works long late hrs just to make ends meet. She is a millionaire with a team of people who help her.. here thoughts are just that, thoughts.. She doesnt live in the real world like us all who really work for a living.

June 6, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Pennagirl

So the dropout, non-college educated and the mother that doesn't send her pack of kids to public schools, decides to preach to the rest of us that our school systems need improvement. Her basis or first hand knowledge is what???

June 6, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. Tigerblood is for wimps

Her thoughts on the education system? Really?

I'm half expecting her to announce she's currently preparing for her next interview where she she is going to announce that in her spare time she's discovered a cure for Aids, and has signed a three year contract to quarterback for the Rams.

June 6, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jolyn

As a teacher, I absolutely agree with her! Our education system does need an overhaul. Unfortunately, the "experts" designing the new way are the same people who ran it into the ground in the first place. You don't have to be a superstar or rich to travel. One can take a virtual field trip with programs like Second Life....oh, wait...social networking type sites are usually blocked by school systems. We can create a better education for our children. Let's go for depth instead of breadth. Give kids a chance to really learn something at the speed in which they can learn it. Don't expect them to get something in the 1-3 days curriculum pacing guides force teachers to move.

June 6, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Happy

Of course you agree with her, you're a teacher. You and the education system elite are a large part of the problem and the reason our education system is in the deplorable condition it is in despite spending more per student than almost everyone else in the world.

June 6, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. SKY

FACT: IF THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IS SO BAD, THEN ALL THE PEOPLE FROM OTHER NATIONS NEED TO STOP
    COMING TO THE U.S.A FOR THEIR CHILD EDUCATION........THE U.S.A. HAS THE BEST EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
    ITS HAS NEVER BEED ABOUT THE TEACHERS, IT BEEN ABOUT THE PARENTS.
    I TOOK MY KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL IN THE 5TH GRADE AND HOME SCHOOL THEM.
    ALL FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL AT THE AGE OF 14 THEN I ENROLLED THEM IN COLLEGE.
    4 YRS OF COLLEGE DONE AT 18YRS! MANY ARE DOING THIS ...

June 6, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. @The Mad R@per

What's so cute about r@pe?

June 6, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kayla

The education system in the United States is terrible and will continue to get worse thanks to Bush Jr and friends. I have been fighting to get my son a decent education since he was in Kindergarten! He's now in his last year of high school and the changes are getting worse! I only hope he graduates asap to avoid what's coming next.

June 6, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • ian

@kayla.

Well obviously you are a failure as is your son and thanks to you he will be condemned to a life of weenie biting and sausage handling...again kinda like you kayla. You F-ing loser.

PS...What can I get for $20.00

June 6, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  14. Cat Fight!

Shut up Lana. Your thoughts are stupid. Always complaining. Go change the world and get the hell off this website.

June 6, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  15. @MJ

Brad and many men had and is still dipping into AJ BECAUSE SHE IS A WH0RE!

June 5, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. dina

The homeschho parent who is not doing it for religious reasons but to actually educate their children will save a whole lot of children from being dumbed down by a terrible educations system that fills children's days with busy work and does not educate them to the highest level of their ability. A lot of time and money is spent on those students who perform below level for various reasons steming from learning disabilities to low mental ability to behavioral problems (usually brought on by poopr parenting.) I taught for twenty years and left when I saw how much money was being wasted on students in special education who would not improve this world and the bightest and best studetns were beling ignored. I sub in the schools now and usually find very little education going on in schools, poorly prepared and dumb teachers and students who learn nothing. Homeschoolin is probably the only answer, but parents have to commit to a lifetime of learning to teach their own children, finding ways outside of a classroom to teach children, and alternative ways for children to learn. The classroom is antiquated, backwards, and a dinosaur in today's world.The eductin system has to change from the top(colleges, Departments of Education and others ) down to save the children in Ameirca. It may be too late, especially in math and science.

June 5, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. -.-

Does everybody write a freaking book when posting here?

June 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cc

Jen went to college @ NY...Angie only high school dropout....she's an addict both on drugs and man....no comparison....

June 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becky

Liar, liar, liar, liar. No matter what, you are a liar, liar. liar. Pathetic liar.

June 6, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. meg

You mean wh0re? Why shouldn't another woman call another woman a wh0re? After all that what's AJ is...a wh0re! Wh0re, wh0re, wh0re

June 5, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Equilibrium

AGAIN...she is still a wh0re no matter what nice things you want to say about her. Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re! Wh0re!

June 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. lili

People are so jelous of Angelina Jolie that hey could not help but put her down and consider her opinions stupid.
    Remember folks...she is merely stating her opinion, which she has every right to do, and her status gets her opinions published. You have the right to read about her opinions or simply ignore it.
    I do not agree with a lot of the things that she does but I have to agree that our education system needs a lot of improvement. We have to put more emphasis on Academics and NOT sports.

Just because Angelina Jolie can afford nannies and tutors doesn't mean she is not hands-on, it means she gets a lot of help, which I am sure a lot of mothers out there wish they have. I work full time and am very fortunate to have a friend that watches my kid for a minimal fee while my husband and I are at work, but I still consider myself a hands-on mom.

June 5, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Uhhh no.

You can have total contempt for somebody and it not be because you're jealous.

June 6, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  22. Cookie Monster

Hello people!! You need to get your heads out of your azzez. Not because we are posting on here doesn't mean we are sitting at home behind a computer dumb ones. I'm typing this from my phone waiting for somone in my car. There are other things too that one can use when out of the house. Get out of the 80's. Anyway I don't like kids, they are too nosiy, they eat all the cookies, then they grow up to shoot you. Once againt...she is a husband stealing h0!

June 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Are you sitting in your car, waiting for your drunk SO? You can't even spell; why would anyone listen to you?

June 6, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jennifer

Sammie and Lana nit the nail on the head. And the irony here is that all the negative commenters is are taking the time to read this article about a movie star they are so obviously against. Why not spend that time with your children? Why not judge others so harshly. Do you live in their home?

And to the person who had the nerve to write "buy a tribe of children"...you are appalling! I have a child through adoption and it is an incredible, beautiful experience for which I am eternally grateful. Perhaps you should leave the confines of your home more often and travel the world. It is a beautiful place yet there are many children in need. Look to your own heart to open instead of pointing the finger at someone else!

June 5, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

I am spending time with my child. My son hangs out with me all the time when I post or lurk on here. Actually these blogs and the comments are how I'm teaching him to read. CNN filters out all the swears so it's family friendly too. : )

June 5, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Good luck on him getting out of your basement and becoming anyone worth knowing, if the posts your letting him read are the ones on this site calling AJ every name in the book. Sad commentary on your part, for sure.....

June 6, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

I'm quite offended by your insinuation that junior will be anything but a Nobel Prize winning physicist. I think there's plenty of stuff to feed a growing mind on here. Like not to trust a promiscuous woman, advice I could've used before his mother ran off with her secretary.

June 6, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey Mad R@apist, you think you're funny or witty or whatever. What you really are is an insignicant brown stain on the underware of humanity. Go f()ck yourself.

June 6, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

MANDINGO! you'd make an awesome court jester the way you caper about for our amusement here.

June 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

You know dumba$$, I dont' know who this Mandingo is, but it aint' me. You're obsession with this guy amuses me to no end. You think you're being clever but, guess what, you lose! Do()chebag!

June 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Regardless of whether you're MANDY or not Fake Peace I still think its funny that you're making a fool of yourself with your weak insults and weaker intellect.

June 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Nah, what's funny is that a do()chebag like you continues to reply to me. I have a big smile on my face from the fact that I'm right. Keep proving my point numbnutz.

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  24. tar

even if she was to $h!t gold out of her azz, she is still a husband stealing wh0re. Besides that, she looks like a walking newspaper with all the ink. Tr.amp

June 5, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dprang

The fact that Jolie has a brain and expresses herself well makes her readable to many of us. Unfortunately she will always garner nasty comments from creeps who have nothing better to do than go on blogs to showcase their envy of such a person as Jolie.

June 5, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Sorry, her being a movie star in Kung Fu Panda, and the owner of a small tribe of purchased children that other people are raising, doesn't make her an expert on the education system, nor does it mean "she has a brain". It means she's famous enough to have her comment published no matter how simplistic or naive it is.

June 6, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lily

I think the school system can only do so much, then it really is up to the individual families to educate their children through whatever means and resources they can provide. For our family, it's through exposing the young ones to cultural events, travel to foreign countries and helping them understand generally how the world works.

June 5, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. Chuck (the real one)

Wow, fake Chuck, you are so impressive with your raunchy, stupid comment. Some of you are so concerned about what AJ may (or may not) have done years ago, that you can't grasp she really knows what she is talking about regarding education. If you waste your time insulting her behavior of long ago, you will wake up with an educational system which is beyond a failure. It is up to parents to do work with their state legislatures, work with their local school boards and volunteer in their neighborhood schools. AJ is right, and I know it because I work with schools all the time. If the only thing you care about is insulting someone you don't even know then so be it, but many of us intend to try to improve the system so our kids get a better education. You can sit around being a pi&&ant all you want, but I'm going to do something positive to help the children

June 5, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Num Chucks

Chuck! You should really think for yourself. That's all Jenny said. So I guess she should be torched for disagreeing with the all might Angelina Jolie. Heaven forbid she have a contrasting point of view because she is not as wealthy as Angelina.! Celebrity Culture is not always right. You bash Jenny for expressing her opinion yet support Angelina's right to express her opinion rich or not. Relax. Rich doesn't always mean Right! Right for your particular situation that is. Relax. You are posting as if you are getting paid to post.

June 5, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

Obviously I think for myself, or I would not be so ready to stand up for the changes that need to take place in our schools. If you actually paid attention to what I have said, or knew me in my community, you would know I have been working for the last year to help make these differences in our school district. sometimes it is a very hard fight against the status quo. I absolutely think it is a huge waste of time to insult anyone who is trying to see positive changes happen in schools across the USA, actor or not.

June 6, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Whatever

The point is chuck! Stop bashing people who don't agree with you & Jolie. Rich is not always right. I just don't understand why you and Jolie feel you are the only people who take part in their children's education. Celebrity Culture is getting out of control. I repeat people need to think for themselves. That includes the students too. As much as I would love to respect each and every teacher I know from experience some of them are not qualified to teach. To the teachers who are posting on the board I have not read a single comment about anything positive your students bring to the classroom. Classy teachers! We need to listen to the parents, government officials and students. Yes, I said students. They have a voice too. As for Angelina Jolie what ever problems she may have with her nannies and sub contracted teachers I wish her well. Her reality is much different from mine and I need to continue to work as a team within my own community with people who can relate to a working middle class mom. Ms Jolie is not that person. Is she a bad person? No. I didn't say that. I simply mean she doesn't have children in the public school system and doesn't like routinely visiting schools in the US. How can she relate then? By word of mouth? The students deserve better than that. Stick to the professionals like Hillary and Michelle Rhee and my favorites Bill and Melinda Gates. They are not campaigning for awards and have years of experience with the public school system. They worked wonders in North Carolina were highschool children are graduating with enough credits to apply for their AA in college. Not bad.

June 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Chuck

I have to stand by AJ. she is not a wh0re because then that would mean my mistress is also one. I love my wife dearly but she doesn't deep thr0at or take it in the azz. My wh0re of a mistress will though. She does it all even when I bring my friends with me, we share her and have a great big gang bang

June 4, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mr. ED

You above! .yes you! She is just that! A WH0 RE!! One do not sleep with a married man! Stop kissing her azz because she doesn't read these comments.

June 4, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. fernace

For people who "hate" Angelina & think she has nothing worthwhile to say, you are certainly commenting alot on the article! Since she's a Good Will Ambassador, actress, director/producer AND mother, I think calling her a dumb a** & Wh**e is extremely ignorant. Also, since she travels & experiences different school systems than our own, perhaps we should give a listen, instead of claiming she's rich, therefore pushes her kids off on the nannies. I read that she was getting even More involved in her kids education, in this very article!! Which one did y'all read?!? Why waste so much energy hating someone you don't know when a) what she say's makes sense, b) so many politicians are so busy stripping funding for our already ailing educational programs. I'm curious, if you have jobs & children, who cares for them when you're not there, besides some sort of childcare provider? I'm a retired nanny & the way y'all talk about my profession you'd think she was leaving her kid with "the monsters under their beds"!

June 4, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mrs. Dorothy Barron

In response to Actress and Parent; Ms. Angelina Jolie's request for a book for Parents that offers assistance with navigating the schol system and other Parental concerns, please visit Parents Taking Charge in Education Blog at http://mrsdbarron.blogspot.com. As for a book, how about booklets, please visit the following link- http://mrsdbarron.blogspot.com/2011/02/parents-taking-charge-in-education_11.html .

Thanks for being a concerned Parent,
    Mrs. Dorothy Barron, Founder & Author
    Parents Taking Charge in Education

June 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. dawn01

better see this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

June 4, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. CaraW

You find it challenging? Try doing it without millions of dollars!

June 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Superhiro

Of course the educational system's flawed. Did anybody not know that before this blowhard said so? Education has been a problem in this country for a while now.

June 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJ

Of course, we all knew that, that there is something wrong in our educational system but just like what Angie suggested, if we can find a way to improve it to make it better, why not? Hey! at least she is concern about the kids to get a better education and not concern about her body, do yoga all the time, go to the beach and bring fake boyfriend/s. The good thing about Angie is, she's always think of good things to help other people specially kids and that's how Brad Pitt is so IN LOVE of Angie.

June 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anna

Most of the comments just represent the average ignorant American, who watches the Kardashian and probably took it personally when Brad left Aiston...She is right... the American educational system has too many problems...USA is a superpower and yet her educational system ranks below third-world countries...Anyway I BELIEVE that she has some unique opinions which I find interesting...The haters can suck on it :P:P

June 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AJ IS A W*HO*RE

She is a wh0 re ...period!

June 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kari

I agree with Lana's comment. Simply profound. I appreciate that her opinions came from a place of intelligence, thougtfulness and ACTUALLY being a parent. It is obvious by the simplistic and hate mongering comments that many on this blog are spewing that they are not even raising children. Then there really isn't a point to comment on AJ's opinion other than to be hateful and shallow. Good job on getting that negativity out there. This will solve the world's ills for sure!

June 4, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Teacher64

I work in the education system-For your information, every system needs improvement because none are perfect. The day Angelina steps into a classroom in the US and observes REAL problems and then offers WORKABLE solutions will be the day I give credibility to what she says. She barely, if ever, graduated from high school. Money doesn't make you intelligent, She is just as smart as Sarah Palin if you ask me. They are both driven by the same spirit. At least one way we can improve the education system in the US is to make sure she NEVER puts her kids in it!!

June 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Jolie did graduate Beverly Hills high school (a public school now named Moreno High School) at 16 to pursue her acting dreams. she later went NYU to study film-making… that is, of course, unless she didn’t need to ‘have’ a ‘high school diploma’ in order to get into an American University… which whirls us right back to the awesomeness of the American educational system.

June 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becky

There is no way you are a real teacher, 64. If you are, something is terribly wrong with the mail-order group who sent you a diploma. Honestly, do you really believe that hogwash you are spouting? Unbelievable!

June 4, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lojenkins

June 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Anonymous

If you have tutors and nannies caring for your kids, you don't know jack squat about reality sweetheart. Instead of adopting children and dumping them onto other people for their care, why don't you get your head out of your rear and actually care for your kids? Whisking them away from place to place isn't teaching them about the world. It's an unstable life that has no foundation for stability. What is it with celebrities who think they're doing their kids a service by living in la-la land?!

June 4, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • gghyj

That is her reality, and it's just as valid as your ideas about reality. Please stand up so we can judge you and rip you to shreds.

June 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

I have never in my life said this, because I am usually too busy working to better education in the school district where I live, but Anonymous, STFU!!!

June 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Yvonne

Angie's opinion is a PARENT suggestion , not being a celebrity
    the problem is .. people always bringing up the old issues of Angie in every article that's why you hate her.
    That's her opinion and a MOM's Observation on her children's education.
    past years or months.. people judging her on the way she's being a mother.. and now when she's being concern on her kids education people still make issues?! oh my!
    you guys who really hate Angie, you always think about your side , think about Angie's Side and situation. Huh.
    And FYI. Angie didn't stole Brad from Jennifer .. Cause if Brad really love Jennifer and Jennifer shows brad appreciation and love he wont look for another women. If Angie is that attractive well she cant control it guys.. and just be happy for their family. :]

June 4, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  42. Mr. ED

U as well..go back to eating your swiss cheese. Your women smell like cheese

June 4, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  43. Kim

SO much hate for someone you've never met. And so many examples of just what is wrong with the educational system today. So many self- proclaimed educators who are posting and can't even spell. So many "parents" more concerned with her relationship rather than their kids education.

Here's a thought. If you took the time out of your very busy day to post here, then why don't you take the same amount of time to write to your local congressman, or your mayor, or your school superintendent asking them to account for cuts to school aid and programs. If not you'll end up with a kid who "went to skool so dey kan lern how 2 reed. Den dey wil go 2 Kollege 4 a beter eddicashun"

June 4, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  44. uwaezu asiegbu

U americans are so wild,foul mouthed & disrespectful.ur behaviours are appalling,go get a life.

June 4, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  45. tom N jerry

The only think this s-l-u-t is good for is wrapping her big lips around another woman's man c-o-ck! she is dryed up old wh0re and @MJ YOU JUST PROVED TO THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE AN A$$, THE HEAD A$$ THAT IS WITH YOUR DUMBA$$ COMMENT.

June 4, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Yvonne

You're such a DEVIL by judging her like that.
      ask this to your self : "AM I PERFECT TO SAY THAT ? "

June 4, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • MJ

Oh! honey, relax. And how did you know that the man's c-oc-k dipped it to his experimental wife ?maybe, he preserved it to use to someone who truly deserves it. And now, he's lucky that he can use it anytime with Angie.

June 5, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Stargazer

She buys kids like their a commodity. Then she buys people for the kids like their a commodity as well. Then she traipses the whole clan all over the world like a band of homeless gypsies. Those kids would be lucky if they had even an ounce of stability. And why is she commenting on American schools? Her kids dont attend. Brad is a wimp and its clear she runs this show. And I also agree about her being a husband stealing tramp/wh*re/b!tch. Yeah thats a great role model for those 6 little h*llions she has.

June 4, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
    • MJ

Oh! Jennifer Anuston, is that you? You are so jealous of Angie because she is smart. Angie can talks about education which I am sure that you don't have any clue what she's talking about. See Jen, you can learn from Angie how to make a simple sentence. You can learn from Angie how to tackle a good subject matter and not firing the interviewer if you don't have an answer. Go back to school, Jen!

June 4, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Why don't you go out and help someone out there? It might change your perspective in life (hopefully, a better one).

June 4, 2011 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  47. @N

she is a dumb@$$!!!!no1 cares bout da sh!t she says!!!

June 3, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

Funny, that's exactly what I was saying about da s&*% YOU said, dumb@$$.......

June 4, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  48. jim

Sorry meant to post that earlier comment under jane lynch article.

June 3, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  49. David Jackson

The system needs an overhaul, a system that is portable, scalable, and applicable to the world we find ourselves in today. Though there is a less than zero chance of this happening I'd like to sit down with Angelina to discuss a solution. I am a serial entrepreneur and of late an adjunct professor and entrepreneur. My system will work.

June 3, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mr. ED

She is still a man stealing wh0re! I bet she would do me too.

June 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Dingdong

I Agree with Angelina Jolie . :)
    And today (Sat, Jun 4, 2011 ) is her birthday! Happy Birthday to Her . Keep Shining !

June 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dingdong

I Agree with Angelina Jolie . :)
    And today is her birthday! Happy Birthday to Her . Keep Shining !

June 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. BEBR H8R

Casey Anthony is f,ing innocent and you know it. Her kid had post birth depression and comitted suicide. It happens. Get over it.

June 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Crazy Haters

Jenny if you are an educator .. you should know that ANGELINA as a PARENT has a say on what kind of education her kids are getting nowadays .. you're being an educator does not give you a license to look down on people that care and comments on how the education system affect her KIDS. You shouldn't be teaching if you think only those people with MBA's and those people with experience are the only ones who should talk about this matter... show-off!!

June 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Me

Other gems of wisdom from Angelina Jolie:
    Water is wet.
    Fire is hot.
    The sky is blue.

June 3, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Cerazy Haters

Angelina was asked about her opinion on US education System now these FuglyFemales go crazy posting their crap. Normal parents also hire tutors and nannies why can't Angelina do the same thing.. you stupid haters. I bet these jealous females don't even give attention to their kids (if ever they have one). And whoever said that Angelina should not comment on education system because she's not directly involved ... hello moron she got SIX KIDS isn't that reason enough for her to be direcly involved just because YOU HATERS ignore all your kids.. enough with the hate everytime Angelina got issues to speak out... IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER ..DON'T READ EVERY ARTICLE ABOUT HER AND IT'S NOT HER FAULT THAT SHE'S FAMOUS AND IS KNOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!

June 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pennagirl

Again she is an high school dropout that doesn't send her kids to school. How can she have an opinion on the U.S. Educational System that she doesn't even bother to use? Again just because she's famous, doesn't give her the right to be the mouthpiece for the world or that everyday non-famous people give a thought to her opinion. She is the one that made herself be famous, so yes it's her fault, she chose that career, and has said that she's going to quit to raise her family and hasn't. That makes her not reliable or having any character.

June 6, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  57. Jenny

As an educator, it is almost funny to listen to the beliefs of an actress who pays nannies to watch her children. We have 25 children in a class and a core content curriculum for each subject mandated by the state to teach, not conducive to individual education. News organizations should give attention to stories from people who have some knowledge about the subject they are commenting about. You spend so much time quoting actors and would-be politicians and forget that there are people who have been toiling in the field with incite and experience. Shame on you! End the stories about what celebrities think!
    Our world would be better for it!

June 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD

I'm glad I didn't have you for an educator, since you need a refresher in English. It's insight, not incite. Also, even though there is a core curriculum, I always found that the best teachers found a way to give students individual attention and encouragement. But, that would require dedication, a willingess to work hard and think out of the box. I guess you're not willing.

June 4, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

If you are truly an educator, you will understand she is not slamming teachers or being rude about anyone, the way you just were. She is saying parents should learn to navigate the educational system to best meet the needs of their children. For instance, in Texas the law states that teachers cannot suggest in any way that a child may be showing signs of having learning disabilities or any other problem regarding education needs which requires testing. The reason for this is the school would be required to pay for the testing. This means many children who could benefit from early intervention don't have that opportunity. This is just one example of some of the facts most parents are unaware of, yet you would criticize what AJ is suggesting–parents should have the opportunity to properly navigate the system and advocate for their children. As a parent, I think she is absolutely right, and as near as I can tell, she spends a great deal of time with her children, seems to love them and want the best for them, so why can't she have teachers and nannies if she can afford them? My kid went to private school; are you going to freak out about that? I chose to do that because public school wasn't the right choice for that child, so I made sacrifices and made sure that child was in the best place possible. Looks to me as if Angelina is being a parent in the very best way, Shame on those of you who are just freaking because you're not rich! Make some better choices for yourself instead of complaining about others.

June 4, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Telling people you're an educator then posting some poorly written comment, bad grammar and all, hardly gives you any credibility. I think the shame is on you. Besides, if the world does get better when we " End the stories about what celebrities think!", we really do deserve the world we live in, assuming, of course, that all celebrities are dimwits.

June 4, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Erika

Jenny! Wow. Thank your response. We need to be critical thinkers and move away from celebrity culture. Angelina Jolie may be a good mother but her reality is different for everyday mothers who have their children in public schools. In other words what works for her may not work for us. I am sorry the other posters don't see that and proud you are able to think for yourself.

June 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • libby3726

I too am an educator and often wish parents were held accountable for certain things: child's attendance at school, homework completion, materials returned to school after use, child being appropriately dressed and fed. I can't even begin to tell you how many children do not get support at home, there needs to be a legal way that parents are held accountable for certain things as well as teachers. Oh and yes what about student behavior, if a student is disruptive it is extremely difficult to continue teaching the other 24 students in the room. Parents sue when you try to hold a child accountable for their behavior.

June 6, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Hollyworld

Jennifer Anniston?

June 3, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  59. jim

Ho hum who cares. Don't watch stupid awards shows anyway. That's worse than going to the Doc's.

June 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Conan

As a man and a father, I have to speak out against some of the inane comments on this blog.

Such as -

"You're building walls between you and the people who go to your movies every day." ???

Let me try and get this straight – Angelina, as a parent, and making good suggestions on how OUR schools can be improved for the benefit of everyone, is building walls between people who go to see her movies every day?

Huh???

June 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Anthony's Case Posts

I don't understand how everyone can't figure out that casey's nuts(bonkers if you will). And why can't the prosecution see that the whole family is in on it together. They should all burn for what they've done. Jail is too good for them.

June 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sammie

To Sunshine gir!

What do you mean if she was really hands on? Just because she can afford to hire nannies and tutors for her children does not make her any less of a mother than you or any other mother and does not make having nannies and tutors some kind of sin.

Plenty of well to do parents have nannies and tutors to work with them and their children and there is nothing wrong with that and they may not even be as busy as Brad and Angelina are with their children.

Do you live in her house to see and accuse her of not being hand's on with her children and not doing her job as a mother? Do you see her when she is up late at night with her sick child or comforting her child because she or he had a bad dream? Who made you the righteous judge of this woman?

This woman does more than the average woman does with the many things she is involved with in a day and if she is paying her tutors and her nannies to help her why are you begrudging her that? She is a mother of six children, and a working mother at that, a humanitarian and a wife. And that is why she gushes about Brad the way she does because he helps her with their brood as they call them. Not many men do that.

This woman is speaking about what she knows because she is involved with her children's lives and schooling.
    She has to travel around the world when she and Brad's work calls them to film movies in different locations and they do not want to leave their children behind. They take their children with them and must educate them when they are out of their normal routine at home.

Even though they are rich they are still hard working parents doing the best they can for their children. They pay their help from their hard earned money. They are not taking welfare to support their family so you and other jealous people like you can spout off about what they do not do and what they should do.

People are so quick to judge this woman because they are blind with jealousy and hate. It is enough already. Leave this woman and her husband and her children alone. Some of the dumb comments made against this family is so stupid if they were not so disgusting and reprehensible it would be laughable.

Enough with the judgmental remarks. No one outside of Brad and Angelina know anything about their family or their schedules to make their snide and snarky comments. Maybe some people should be as quick to judge you in your own personal life and how you are bringing up your children as are so quick to judge Brad and Angelina and give you a taste of your own medicine.

June 3, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pennagirl

Same to Sammie, how do you know this is a woman that has a hand in her childrens' lives? You don't. The facts are she is a high school dropout and didn't go to college and doesn't send her kids to public school so she doesn't and shouldn't be giving out her opinion on the U.S. Public Education system. Those are the facts.

June 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

@Pennagirl I don't have to go to the Equator to know that it's hot. And I don't have to send a child to public school to know that they aren't going to receive the best education there. The responses on this blog (yours included) are evidence enough of that. and @SoWhat, while she is a millionaire and has the resources, her point seems to be that she wishes the public school system afforded all parents the right to do what she pays a ton of money for, adapt their children's schooling toward their interests and in ways that will help them learn to the best of their abilities.

I am not sure why anyone would disagree with the thoughts behind the message she's presenting. The only thing I seem to see if people being hateful and jealous over her life. It's not her fault you're not successful or that you can't afford what she has. From what I've read, she would like for all children to receive the education she's able to provide. She's not hating you because you're poor. Stop hating her because you're not smart enough, motivated enough or talented enough to do for yourself what she has done.

June 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  63. mejazzbo

You don't seem to realize most people aren't anywhere near being rich and that number is growing larger every day. You're building walls between you and the people who go to your movies every day. Think about it. T&A can only take you so far and you are getting on in years. Not a good thing in the movie biz.

June 3, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Isha

You bring up a good point Sandy. Recently I was reading a rather lengthy Telegraph Interview of Angelina, an article written by a man named Lawrence in which it said no one knows Angelina like him and at the end of the article many of the people commenting on that article said it was a plagiarized interview by Lawrence who had taken bits and pieces of other interviews that Angelina had done with other interviewers over different periods of time and Lawrence had just cut and pasted Angelina's words for his own patch work quilt article claiming he had interviewed her, which he had not. And Lawrence had included some tabloid comments also and they accused him of even twisting some of her original comments, and, they had posted links where Lawrence had stolen her comments from showing who had really interviewed her and not Lawrence. But here was Lawrence's article being quoted all over the Internet as some brand new interview with Angelina. Bottom line, the interviewer lied and was allowed to post his so called interview in that British newspaper The Telegraph as though he had actually interviewed Angelina when he knew he had not. And when I went back to see the article again, the comments from the people accusing Lawrence of plagiarizing the interview were all removed from the Telegraph's comments section.
    That paper needs to be sued for lying to the public and he should be sued for duping the public. It was in the British paper The Telegraph.

June 3, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sunshine Girl *

If she was really involved hands on in her childrens education [like she claims to be] she wouldnt need to hire all those nannies/tutors and whoever else looks after all those kids. She would be doing it herself like all us so called normal parents do. Shes commenting on a subject that shes not really directly involved in. What a front. And why does the media always portray her like shes mom of the year in everything she does? I agree. Enough already. So fake if you ask me. And yes Im a mother too.

June 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Non sequitur. Illogical.

June 4, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Get Real

I think you're seriously kidding yourself if you think that, were you in AJ's position as a wealthy, successful actress, that you would not do the very same thing, hiring a whole team of people to help care for your children. You can insist that you wouldn't until you're blue in the face, but until you are actually in that position you can't really say without a doubt. I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would...

From all I've seen of Brad Pitt and her, they seem like very involved, caring parents. Kudos to them...

June 5, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  66. She sure is a lesbean though

June 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Akash

"Shut up and make a movie". How freakin' dumb is that? Our schools are f'ed up and if u don't realize that, u r a moron! At least she isn't stupid like some people who commented on this forum. Our kids are being ignored by the schools and that is the truth!

June 3, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sandy

She does not have a publicist. That is what is so unique about Angelina and why so many try and trash her. Any Publicist would give his right arm to have her as a client. The negative articles that are written about her are also to let any other starlet know this is what can happen to them when they do NOT have a publicist to "protect" them. Witness the hateful articles from the Tabloids and the hateful lies on the Internet they continually attribute to Angelina which she has no time to spend all her time defending herself against.

As to the headlines, she is not to blame for that. The media is responsible for that. The media were at Cannes and could not print enough about Angelina and Brad and every thing they did or said or every interview they had. She has NO control over how many outlets will pick up what one interviewer will write and reprint it endlessly all over the net and all over the world. And look how so many of them twist her words to try and make something negative about what she spoke positively about.

June 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • strange

The funny thing is Brad gives an interview and it barely makes a blip... someone releases old quotes from Angelina and every site has it as if it's breaking news. It's almost as if Brad is an afterthought. lol

June 3, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  69. WebDeb

It does'nt bother me that she has an opinion about our educational system, there is always room for improvement in everything. But, anytime this woman makes a comment about anything it makes headline news. No matter what it is. It could be something ridiculous and YES it is always covered. Do I need to know just how wonderful! Brad is at being a father. Must we always see every vacation they have, what movie they are doing, what she looks like at every movie opening. Godsh, enough already. Does her publicist pay all the news outlets to cover her or what?

June 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • strange

You do know why it makes headline news, right? Look at the reaction this interview received.

June 3, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

You DO realize you are not the only person on the planet, and therefore, many other people are very interested in the opinions of people such as AJ. If you don't care what AJ says, please don't read the article; thus you will miss it and we'll all be happy.

June 4, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Anakaranina

Wow! I am surprise to see someone with intelligence and capable of logical thinking, bothering to blog with these m... (don't know what to call them). I read these blogs as comic but tragic entertainment. Most are laughable, but is sad to see what our educational system is producing and what our society is becoming: Ignorant, closed minded bullies.

June 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Marita

I'd rather hear what Angelina has to say than Jennifer or Chelsea....she's more passionate about what's going on in the world than her hairstyle or posing in a bikini or being a loud mouth bitter woman, jealous of anyone who has a brain.

June 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

She also spends a great deal of her income to philanthropic endeavors. I commend her for spending a lot more of it on her children's education and well being.

June 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Lana

Wow!

Some of the sound off comments to this article are appalling. How can we, as human beings, speak so derisively about another human being only because they are being interviewed and giving their point of view?

It appears, also, the public school system has failed in teaching some HOW to write a grammatically correct sentence.

It is a rat's rear end ....not a rats rear end, which is incorrect.

This woman is being interviewed and is giving her OWN point of view, which she has every right t do, and she makes some excellent points about education. She is not telling anyone what they should do.

I agree with her comments.

Her statement, "I wish there was a book every parent could read that tells you how to navigate through the school system, and how to tailor the education system for your children and their interests," is a comment, I, as a parent, agree very much with.

And the desire to get the parents more involved with the school system – "We as parents need to think about how we can shake it up and make it better." Is a comment I think a lot of teachers and parents would welcome. Parents need to be more involved in a positive way in helping to make the public school system work for them and their children. That is what American has always been about. Always growing and improving, working together. Not staying stagnant or falling behind or being divided on every issue. Divided we accomplish nothing. United we stand and accomplish much.

America is still a great country, but if we fail our children we fail ourselves. They are our future.

The Public School System is what I grew up with but it was far better then than it is now. And a class in civility and respect should again be a mandatory part of our education system.

We have lost the ability to be civil and respectful towards one another. We spend more time taking sides and attacking people without hearing what they truly have to say. In our attacks we lose so much that can be helpful.

Society is wallowing in crassness and hate and it is what is becoming the "norm" and it is sad and painful to see for our great country. I hope our society can and will change, and we all will begin to work together and not be so dismissive of a person perhaps because of our own personal biases.

June 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

-Sane commenting
      -logic
      -traces of rationality
      -only a few spelling errors

Yup folks, she's a witch, get your torches. Burn the heretic and so forth.

June 3, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Thank you for a very intelligent response, Lana. You are sooooo right!

June 4, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Yvonne

Yeah. You're Right Lana.
      I Agree On Your Comment. These People Dont Understand The Fact ..
      Thank You For Making It Clear To Them..

June 4, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • history teacher

As a high school teacher in a public high school, I agree with you Lana and with AJ comments. I sincerely wish that more parents would become involved in their child's education. As a parent of a child in the elementary, I find that I am having to supplement what my child learns in school because they simply don't cover all the things that need to be covered. The focus is solely on math and reading any more. Thank you George W. for helping to dumb down our country and not make history and arts an important area to study any more.

June 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

You said that well Lana.
      When I read this blog showing disrespect by too many bloggers towards Jolie for expressing her thoughts as a mother of 6 children, I really wonder what has happened to create these such nastiness.

June 5, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Anakaranina

I posted this comment on the wrong blog but it is really for Lana ... Wow! I am surprise to see someone with intelligence and capable of logical thinking, bothering to blog with these m... (don't know what to call them). I read these blogs as comic but tragic entertainment. Most are laughable, but is sad to see what our educational system is producing and what our society is becoming: Ignorant, closed minded bullies, like the one who just wrote 14x a word women should not be calling other women.

June 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

@ ana
      Oh I don't know, while the system certainly produces a large amount of sheep-like dullards, there's also a pretty strong tradition of rhetoric fluorishing online. Where you see closed-minded bullies I see people who are tied of pretending

June 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • MickyDeezNuts

...that everythings cozy in modern society and aren't afraid to let loose on things and people they feel are representative of the decay.

June 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Too Lana & History Teacher

I am surprised at your response. Frankly, I think you should have a little more respect for our parents and students who have voiced their disgust with our educational system for years.This is why I feel teachers should be held responsable for their students progress and dead beat parents should be held responsable by the courts. Do you watch 60mins or pay attention to every political campaign over the years? Educational improvement always comes up. We are not going to improve our educational system by listening to Hollywood Elitists who do not or have not attended public schools. In Angelina Jolie's own words she states she has nannies and actual teachers. What parent in the public school system can relate to that? It was just my son and I & very late nights staying up doing homework. I was required by law to make sure my child was on time or he would be expelled. I can not jet set my child all over the universe even if I could afford it. That's ridiculous! I would love to hear the opinions of maybe Hillary or Michelle Rhee or even the Tiger mom. I may not agree with them, but atleast they actually have more knowledge of our schools. I wish Angelina and her children the best but she is not someone I would go to for advice on improving our educational system. Case in point like Matt Damon, Angelina simply states the obvious without any solutions as usual. I would also disagree with the school system not allowing students to step outside the classroom to learn about culture. Schools are doing this. I was very impressed with my son's organic green project which allowed him to spend atleast 80% of his time outside the classroom. His school also allowed him to go overseas to spain for his spanish class. This set me back a bit financially, but it was worth it. I do agree that parents should get involved but isn't it a bit snobbish to assume many parents are not already? Then again, if you are a celebrity who spends much of their time on a jet how would you know what is going on in the public school system?! For me, I fought really hard to keep the full medical clinics in our schools. With medical care in the state it's in today, full health care clinics in my son's school was a life saver. Extremely helpful.

June 5, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Delta

Bravo Lana. I was sitting here reading all of the comments and then came upon yours. I wholeheartedly believe in what AJ says. It is too bad that parents cannot customize their childrens lesson plans. Most parents know how their child learns. Living in New York, I feel the education system has come to a point where it is forcing some kids out of school (via drop out). In my opinion, we should take any monies given to the Board of Regents and hand it over to someone to develope some new strategies for the media-savy children that are coming up through.

June 6, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Captain Jack

zzzzz

June 6, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  72. OMG

She needs to fire her publicist if that person thinks that articles like this help her image. She's buys a small tribe of kids and hires a staff to care for them and now she fancys herself an expert on the education system?

Seek help.

June 3, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • strange

she doesn't have a publicist. i'm scratching my head over why people have such a problem with her or this interview. I really don't get it.

June 3, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

The reason people get so upset with AJ and BP is that they have no idea what's really going on in their own children's schools and the educational system, really. The first time someone says their child has teachers and nannies, these readers freak out and go, "they're rich! Who cares!?" The thing is, most of us who are involved in the schools and truly know what's going on, know AJ's right and there can be wonderful, simple changes made which will make all the difference in the world. The rigidity and constant paperwork piled onto teachers in most public schools mean the students don't get what they truly need, plus they are bullied by other students and not applauded for anything except sports. There are lots of kids who could really benefit from what AJ is talking about, especially kids who are intelligent and more interested in academics than throwing a ball and pretending they will go "pro".

June 4, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  73. Cindy

Jolie's "thoughts" on the education system? What's next, an explanation of the financial crisis by Snookie?

June 3, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  74. The Mad R@p3r

She always looks so smug in her pics, like she's thinking, "Shots of my pee can cure cancer. Yay me!"

June 3, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

LMAO

June 6, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

@The Mad R@apist, as if your opinion matters. You're just an insignificant little troll that serves no usefull purpose.

June 6, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Still poorly faking it I see. Keep entertaining me, little man.

June 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

I see your obvious lack on intelligence is easily amused. Do us all a favor and blow your brains out. R@pe isn't funny.

June 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • @The Mad R@p3R

I think you've all got too much time on your hands.

June 6, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

@Fake Peace, your impersonation skills are improving but overall I'd say your performance is like some kind of living monument to fail-trolling and making a fool of yourself.

June 6, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

R@per, I'll bet your mommy told you that you were smart when you were little. Guess what, you're not. As for my impersonation skills, I'm not impersonating anyone. I can use whatever name I choose. CNN doesn't care. I won't call myself a R@pist though, that's your thing. I will say this, moronic fools like you that think they're so cool are a dime a dozen. The fact that I get under your skin makes me smile. You're a simpleton with not redeeming value to society so just keep blogging. Maybe one day, you'll get out of your mommies basement and get a job. I hear McDonald's is hiring.

June 7, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  75. Evel Knievel

Who gives a sht what she says about education? She's a dimwit.

June 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Steve

Why on earth do these self absorbed actors actually think we give a rats rear end what their thoughts on current events and politics are?

Shut up and go make a movie.

June 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollywood Reporter

Is this the real Jennifer Aniston?

June 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • sandi105

...better she just shuts up. Leave the movies to real talent.

June 4, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • dragonlady

You got it all wrong. The question you should be asking is WHY does the MEDIA thinks this needs to be reported in the first place.

June 4, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • dprang

Why on earth would you read about their thoughts first, then write your comment?
      Any one of us can make comments. It just happens that 'stars' are more likely to have their ideas published due to their celebrity status. If this bothers you so much, no need to read them.

June 5, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |