Kevin Bacon: They said I wasn't hunky enough for 'Footloose'
June 3rd, 2011

Kevin Bacon: They said I wasn't hunky enough for 'Footloose'

Though he's made over 70 movies—many of them critically acclaimed dramas—Kevin Bacon will forever be known as the guy from "Footloose."

While the 1984 blockbuster made him famous and turned him into a teen idol, Bacon admits it also hurt his career.

"After 'Footloose' I was on a sort of downslide, and my people were recommending that I only do movies when my name was above the title," the "X-Men: First Class" star tells the June issue of Details.

"But I had an agent who said, 'Let's do 'JFK,' and that's what we did," he says. "Four days of work. Was not even close to being my movie. It turned things around for me. From a career standpoint, but also from a personal standpoint, because it's when I said, 'That's what I want to do—I want to act. I don't have to be the lead.'"

Read the full interview with Kevin Bacon in Details

With a "Footloose" remake hitting theaters in October, Bacon feels nostalgic about the movie that put him on the map—even though he almost didn't get the role in the first place.

"What had been going on back then was the producers and the director wanted me, but the head of the studio famously said, 'He's just not f—able.' So they went and did their own screen test," he recalls, adding that he recently viewed footage of his audition. "Watching it, I got a chance to see this kid with this hunger and ambition and energy. There were parts of myself that I didn't even recognize. You could just see that I was going to f—in' go in there and kill it."

More recently, Bacon overcame an even bigger hurdle after he and wife Kyra Sedgwick were bilked out of money in the Bernie Madoff investment scandal.

"I'm not going to say it didn't have its emotional downsides," he tells Details. "But we're both young, and we both had the ability to work and roll up our sleeves and start putting the pieces back together. The truth is that we went through it together."

Married since 1989, Bacon says he couldn't be more content to be in a decades-old committed relationship.

"It's hard to explain, other than to say I like being married to her. I like spending time with her. We have found the right person to be with," he says. "I do think that, as a guy, if you never get a chance to experience more than one partner, that's going to be a really tough road. Luckily, I did."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Kevin Bacon • movies

1. lien tom

I will give him 20 dollars for it.

June 21, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. laura s

All of u should stop saying bad comments or bad things because like one of my favorite says " what goes around comes around" so if u are talking crap bout someone it will happen to u twice as bad or worse. so leave kevin bacon along the movie footloose was a great movie he made i liked to watch the movie when i feel like dancing

June 9, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Dandey

27 years later who cares? And the remake will go over like a lead balloon. No question. Hey, movie-makers: You're supposed to remake BAD movies...

June 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tully

It must be fun to see Footloose again. K. Bacon seems like a good, decent man all around. I absolutely love him in Taking Chances, and what a movie too!

June 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. laura s

Leave kevin bacon alone and get a life people if the only think u will do is talk crap or say he sucks or something if u dont have nothing good to say then dont comment

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. MANDINGO!

It's a sad Monday for me, my man left me after he found out about the affair with the guy who cooks the fries. Even worst he fired me so now it's back to my old job, tricking wit biznissmen out on the avenue.

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. laura s

everyone that are leaving comments on here that doesnt like kevin bacon get a life because it noticed u dont have one if u r talking u crap.... kevin bacon is awsome i liked all the movies he came out in my two favorite movies i liked from kevin bacon r "footloose" and "taking chance" ......

June 6, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • kim

Kim, you seem like an aggressive "bull" and Im turned on. Give me your phone number so we can get together and scissor or I could just lick your hairy coo-ter.

June 6, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mel

OMG so many gay men commenting in here is disgusting!

June 6, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • @Mel

What's so digusting? The fact that they are gay or the comments they make.

June 7, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. The Mad Do()chebag

I like it up my butt.

June 6, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. KevintoMe

Good actor, gotta admit, and was awesome in Tremors.

June 6, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. walter jensen jr

Huge kevin bacon news. he will b replacing downey jr in iron man 3. also john goodman will replace don cheadle. i am so happy, im shaking right now. bless u bacon man!

June 6, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. nemo

Revenge of the sow....kevin bacon was the keyboard player in the cantina. And he made a cameo in the empire likes fat...he was the the one stormtrooper that got shot in the beginning....the white one.

June 5, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. aj

Footloose was an awesome movie when it first hit and I was dancing along with you Kevin. I was a kid enjoyed it so much. U are so good in lot good movies. Keep up good work!

June 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Musementride

the Baconator strikes again!

June 5, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. nemo

BAAAAAAACON!!!!! He was awesome in star wars!

June 5, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. J4

Show your respect and be positve, and congradulate him. Keep up the good work Mr. Bacon

June 5, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Carlos

Do you think Kevin Bacon could do a kosher commercial for Hebrew National?

June 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. J4

You guys have named over 11 of his films just during your feedback....he's been in more than 25, and if anyone actaully ran into him on the street, you would all feel a sense of envy, because he is doing something that each of us dreams to do....and that is to be "famous"

June 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. craig

I met mr bacon on the weekend...and mr egg and ms toast...mmmmm

June 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. nemo

I love a good slab of bacon....!...with some fried tater...or caramel popcorn with bacon in the caramel...I wonder if...when kevin goes to the butcher shop...the deli person says...would you like a pound of bacon mr. Bacon? I bet that cooks his temper red hot everytime. I've never seen footloose...but I have heard the song.

June 5, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Peter Griffin

I want a hug too :(

June 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Donna Blackshear

I personaly would'nt want too watch foot loose without kevin Bacon. I think that he is the movie and i would'nt enjoy it with any body else playig his role. Stop making sequals without to orignal actors.

June 5, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mike

I love it when a star says a role has held him back. He won't have any other roles if it wasn't' for his footloose fame. Note so much a Kevin Bacon fan anymore.

June 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tom

im not kevin bacon fan....but i do like the values he brings to hollywood....i tired of listen..reading headlines about hollywood scandals...who's screwing who....think thats y the main stream is flockin to relity tv..theree tired of hearing it....tired of seen actors shipp millions of dollrs over seas when american familiess our struggling...

June 5, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Believer

Stop being so jealous of his success and make your own. Say what you think but you're not a movie critic.

June 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lol

Scott: if you go into any mall and shout out any name, trust me, everyone would turn their heads period. lol. Good try though.

June 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. the real me again!!

I appreciate who ever put that bull.... Under my name kiss my ... GET A.......LIFE .......IN fact I make more money in a 16hr day u c in a wk. Perhaps u @ Kevin attend the same rehab.....

June 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • MickyDeezNuts

I'd have let you be if you were at least trying harder to properly troll. There's no excuse for laziness. But I forgive you, come here and give me a hug man.

June 5, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Dayna

These two people are in my favorite category in the entertainment industry. And the fact that they are married so long is amazing. Thank you Mr. Bacon for sharing your talent with us.

Please tell Kyra that her show is watched by my whole family.

Sincerely,

Dayna

June 5, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Cookie Monster

@Scott D, I don't think I would do that. They might arrest me for shouting out his name at the mall. However, I will yell COOKIES just to see all the fat people run all over the place looking for them...NOW THAT WOULD BE FUN!

June 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. patti

N hav any of u accomplished 1/2 of wat he did or hav tht kind of $ or did any1 of u hav to always b n th public eye 24/7 (NOT) SO STOP UR BITTERNESS AGAINST SOME1 WHO HAS BEEN N TH INDUSTRIE SINCE HE WAS YOUNG & HE CAN STILL KNOCK IT OUT OF TH PARK & WAT.....TH GREEN EYED MONSTER IS SHOWIN & SO IS UR "ENVY"

June 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

I've heard Kevin specifically say in interviews that he he can't stand people who type in all caps. He'd be ashamed of you behaving like this.

June 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Mad R@pist, you're a stain. How about you just commit suicide and put us all out of our misery.

June 6, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  31. bobwehadababy

Pork and beans! I fell down and broke my record player and my foot is now loose. Bacon is so good. Lets all go eat a pound with a side of mustard.

June 5, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  32. patti

Look u all need to get a life dont u have anything else to talk about..LOOK IN TH MIRROR CAZ MOST OF YOU ARE LACKING IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...KEVIN YOU KEEP GOIN AS LONG AS U CAN,U R A GOOD ACTOR & DID ALOT OF GREAT MOVIES.....GOD BLESS YOU......

June 5, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  33. Canada Rocks

A good guy and a good actor.

June 5, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  34. teen dream

Just because it fits in your mouth, doesn't mean you should put it there

June 5, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  35. Chandler

I liked him in A Few Good Men. His wife looks like Corey Feldman.

June 5, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  36. scott D.

To the critics; i dont know any of you and you dont know me,but if you go into a mall and yell " Kevin Bacon " every head will turn and people will come running.he is a first rate actor.actors come and go but very few have his " staying power ". rock on Kevin. GOD BLESS

June 5, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  37. no no no

Requiem for a Dream sucked. If I want to watch a bunch of drug addicts in action, I'll drive downtown.

June 5, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  38. Adolf Hitler

Internet forums are the perfect example of why I was right in trying to exterminate the untermenschen.

June 5, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  39. Charlie Estevez

He was great as Ferris Bueller in that one movie.

June 5, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  40. ronald "well...i forgot' regean

Justin timberlake should play a brokeback cowboy!! f.ag

June 5, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  41. LividEmerald

I've never seen Footloose, but I like Kevin Bacon. I have seen him in quite a few films, such as Wild Things, The River Wild, and Where the Truth Lies. He's an excellent actor. And his strategy of not headlining movies is a real payoff to movie watchers. Less screen time is sometimes more. (Steve Buscemi and Christopher Walken also come to mind, although I believe they have tried to headline a few times.)

June 4, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LividEmerald

I've never seen Footloose, but I like Kevin Bacon. I have seen him in quite a few films, such as Wild Things, The River Wild, and Where the Truth Lies. He's an excellent actor. And his strategy of not headlining movies is a real payoff to movie watchers. Less screen time is sometimes more. (Steve Buscemi and Christopher Walken also come to mind, although I believed they have tried to headline a few times.)

June 4, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  43. AssCheek Glue

If I don't wipe after a muddu drop, I get a strip of bacon in my panties. Kevin Bacon, that is!!

June 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Harley Davidson

Never saw this movie. Started to at one time but just couldn't get into it. Nothing against kevin bacon because i liked one or two of his movies. Vixen i want to wrestle you, pin you down and eat you up but i wouldn't want to hurt you, wink.

June 4, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  45. laura s

I loved the movie footloose... kevin bacon was awsome in this movie.... it made me dance .....Footloose is my number one favorite movie

June 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CHESHIRE

Loose? Footloose? I wanted to kick off my Sunday shoes...

Ummm and watch everybody cut

Yeah, anywho...

Footloose was before my time but its still a decent flick. But I won't waste what little bit of money I make to go see a remake. Boo Hollywood! Come up with new movies and storylines. Im tired of played out remakes!

June 4, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. frey

Freyja i believe is the greatest goddess

June 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  48. frey

Ragnorok is fixin 2 b upon us i will c all me brothers n valhalla when the valkeries take me there

June 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. frey

thought he was gd n mystic river with sean penn n tim robbins

June 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. frey

@freyja r u my sister lol hail odin the allfather im from white wolf kindred of asatru n nebraska how bout u

June 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Captain Jack

Kevin's best role, by far, was in "Taking Chance". He's come a long way since the 80's. I hope we all grow with time to hone our individual skills and talents as well.

June 4, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. dawn01

it's boring, get to that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

June 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. bobwilson

He talks about how happy he is with his wife. So naturally, they'll be divorced in 6 months.

June 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. joan

If u look at the story line the life of a preacher daughter. Kevin u are a hottie do a remake. Look at the churches sermon now the new age. I am 48 and been thru a bad economy my life has been a movie. Stay hot, do the movie w john travolta

June 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  55. ~_^

Kevin Bacon wasn't in Footloose. Nope, no, sorry, look it up.

June 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Native on a Reservation

I'm only three degrees of separation from Kevin bacon.

June 4, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Debra Banks

No matter what people say now I still think Kevin Bacon is just as hot asBrad Pitt even hotter.

June 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Chris Farley

Hey Kevin, remember when you were in Footloose? And you said "Let's daaaaance!" and everyone started dancing? Remember that? That was awesome!

June 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. tinazzzwit

lonepunman, you pessimistic, alienated, crusty curmudgeon, I think I love you...

June 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Beautiful Vixen

I see both your points on some things. I can't judge too hard because I'm no saint. Well enjoy your weekend.

June 4, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Beautiful Vixen

Correction..breeze. God forbid someone makes a typo on here the almighty a$$h0les have $h!t to say. Funny how they think they are so perfect..lol. Have a nice day a$$h0les.

June 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • lonepunman

...see? Exactly my point....we've entered an age in which no one can EVER make a mistake, be human or flawed, and that we must all submit ourselves to the judgements and criticisms of our mental inferiors (due to their numbers)....

June 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts

I am a butt pirate and I love to pack da fudge!! I am lookin for some gayboyz to pump in da plump rump!! Drop me your digits and we can get down and get bizzy!!

June 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Beautiful Vixen

@Just the facts..Who are you talking to?

June 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  64. i don't care

@Nick: You made that choice being in a relationship 8 years. Many more girls will come that will make you feel how you feel for your present girlfriend.

June 4, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  65. meagain

I am a loser that can't spell! I dropped out of 6th grade and now mop floors at my local adult book store! My previous posts make no sense. I also am a gay lezbo!!

June 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Beautiful Vixen

Geezes you are depressing. Stop taking life so serious. Yes you wish for the thinning of the herd but you just might be in the first ten for lights out. Relax and laugh a bit. Laughing is good for the soul. Go have a drink with your boys and shoot the beeze :).

June 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. bezerkur

@trolol. u got a problem with that? tired of them kind of remarks. so stfu clown.

June 4, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  68. neoanakinpotter

Actually, I'll always remember Kevin Bacon as the guy from Tremors. that flick scared the bejesus out of me when i was a kid!

June 4, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Baconsausage

He forgot to mention another thing he did to overcome the fct that he was not perceived as hot, exposing himself in his movies. He is one of few American actors that like showing off his weewee. I of course don't mind seeing it at all!

June 4, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  70. BJ

LOVED the River Wild! Thank you............you charm and then hit Meryl Streep with your dark side. Very well done!

June 4, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Ignatius

Really? That was in the top 5 worst movies ever on my list. I love Streep but even she was awful in it.

June 7, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  71. lee

Talk about blowing smoke up kevin Bacon,s a**, this reporter must have been needing an enterview. To say that footloose was a blockbuster? Now the man that was doing the dancing he,s my f***ing hero! Get bent all of you.

June 4, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  72. norm

Yea, I just can't help crying about all those poor little millionares who thought they had an inside track to MORE millions only to find out they were chumps. Boo hoo hoo.... Weep for the po' widdle rich folk who got the shaft from one of their own. Waaaaaaa!!!

June 4, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  73. Question

Are muslims allowed to watch Kevin Bacon movies? Or are they haram?

June 4, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  74. Just browsing through the comments

Idiots...

June 4, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  75. Chris P

My grandmother, who recently passed away, was a huge Kevin Bacon fan. When she came to NYC from Kansas she unbelievably ran into Kevin and his family in a store.

He could have been annoyed and snippy like many celebs might. But he was extremely kind and generous with his time. The photo he took with her was one of her prized possesions.

Thanks Kevin – you are a good person.

June 4, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  76. meagain

Hay guess what the new movie is gonna be,brainloose. Im,thinking you should stay retired in the rehabit.

June 4, 2011 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  77. meagain

Kevin u need to stay your but on retirement at the rehabit. Give it up!! Hay I heard they got a new movie out"brainloose"

June 4, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  78. Dave

It is hard to be an actor, guys. It's hard.

Why don't you try it before you bag on it. I don't hear Duane Reed employees crying about a long week.

Quit being a bunch of martyrs.

June 4, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  79. gunnar

He was also great n mystic river

June 4, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  80. gunnar

Still lookin 4 a lady people lol u rock KB NOW GET ME A WOMAN lol

June 4, 2011 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  81. mr bacon

He was da bomb in "Stir of Echos". Great drama/mystery and was worth the price of admission!

June 4, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  82. mac jones

When they use the phrase "My people", it makes me gag. It's like a 90's hollywood phrase, that only someone really stupid would use. Sorry dude, your still f....able I guess
    (or at least you were when you were prancing around in little tight pants LOL)

June 4, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  83. KNOWHO

Can I get some beggin strips? My dog is hungry

June 4, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  84. craig

Kevin would be good in a comedy role – there'd be a lot of crackling. Somebody stop me... Also, I wonder if he might hog the limelight or even hoc the award he wins....too funny eh?

June 4, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  85. 4239678454

Kevin bacon is extremely jive.footloose was extremely gay.

June 4, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  86. gunnar

footloose is a classic but i do need a lady im a gd lookin guy any takers lol

June 4, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  87. Your Mom

How about Wild Things...got to see his schlong, which ain't half bad!

June 4, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  88. Auntie Depressant

@ Lonepunman....LOL AND LMAO!!! Best post I think I've EVER read. Couldn't have said it NEARLY as good as you! Kuddos! And thanks for making my night. That was just a great post.

June 4, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  89. Bored

Diddos to you BEVIN KACON! I am bored and read all these useless comments.

June 4, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  90. rEagar4000

Anybody else think that was a weird interview? Maybe I'm just tired, but kevin's responses were odd.

What about Hollow Man ?

June 4, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Sweet2th

Kevin appears to be really thin in this picture. Does anyone know if he does a little something on the side? If you know what I mean. Maybe that's the reason for the sometimes odd answers. He could stand to put on 25lbs and would look a little better.

June 4, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • sweet2th

P.S. I thought Hollow Man was awesome and didn't get the recognition it deserved.

June 4, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  91. Bevin Kacon

Bababooey

June 4, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  92. lonepunman

Reading feedback comments from the general public on this site is like the A/V club teacher setting up a video camera in a high school classroom, then having to leave the room unexpectedly... Yes, you're bound to get something on tape, and sure, some of it might be evaporatively chuckle worthy for a moment or two, however, at the end of the day all that you've got is 50mins of fart and dick jokes delivered by the same low-brow retards who take shop all 4 years and think everything they do is hilarious (and that you should think so to).

No matter what the topic is (or isn't) these same cynical, critical-of-everyone else bleacher dwellers in life, who have of course accomplished nothing of import in their own existence (much less worked as hard or accomplished as much of a career as Kevin Bacon has, regardless of whether you "like" him or his looks) can of course be counted on to pass judgement on anything and anyone and make uninformed observations about the entire lives of others. Frankly, reading feedback forums makes me nostalgic for global plagues ( and perhaps its time once again to thin the herd a bit).

June 3, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Special Agent Oso

Pretty insightful and good analogies. I would agree. Except don't want a global plague....

June 4, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts

I agree with your perspective for the most part. However, global plagues as a solution is somewhat harsh for a couple of reasons:
      1) The plagues, unfortunately, remove a lot of the people that are part of the solution as well.
      2) They don't remove the ALL of the moronic idiots, just some of them

June 4, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  93. jim

What is Jewesh Sam? I've never heard of jewesh before.

June 3, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Sam

Hollywood is jewesh they own it and u pay for it.

June 3, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jim

Sadly I can't think of too many other movies that really moved me that much, braveheart maybe but that's pretty much a given. Sure there have been a lot of movies I've enjoyed but none that really struck me as exceptionally memorable. Perhaps some of it has to do with all the computer generation stuff. I think the lord of the rings would've been a lot better if it'd been done more like Cleopatra. Yeah I know some of the stuff had to be done with computers but a lot of it didn't.

June 3, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  96. jim

Haven't seen requiem so I can't say much about it. If I had to pick a movie over the past ten years or so it'd probably be Robin Williams' What dreams may come.

June 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  97. james

Kevin bacon is a good actor. He doesn't seem as stuck up as allot of the actors in hollywood walking around in wearing expensive clothes,etc. And also doesn't demand being the lead actor in every movie he's in.

June 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. BubbaMich

Just saw Bacon in HBO's TAKING CHANCE. Will remember that one for a long time.

June 3, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. jim

I'm not a big fam of clint eastwood's westerns usually but those two were exceptional. The rest he made I can pretty much do without.

June 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jim

Parts maybe but the end was worth it. Did forget a couple other westerns around that time though unforgiven, pale rider and silverado deserved some mention. Not picking these movies because they were westerns mind you it's just that they were as close to "classics" as there's been lately.

June 3, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Requiem for a dream is probably the best flick I've seen in the last ten years. Who knew Marlon Wayans could actually act. It makes the rest of his "works" all the more shameful though.

June 3, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • IhateAngelina

Kevin Bacon rocks!

June 5, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  101. jim

Sorry forgot to erase couple.

June 3, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  102. jim

No hollywood can't create classics anymore. The only thing they know how to write is dumb a ss sitcom's that aren't funny and reality shows. The last true classics were a couple few westerns, lonesome dove(the first one), Quigley down under, and Tombstone. Of course Tombstone was pretty easy to come up with since it was based on true events with some embellishments. There will never be anymore Casablanca's sad to say.

June 3, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Quigley down under was an abomination but otherwise I agree with your take on modern cinema.

June 3, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

Quigley down under is such a left Fielder. Haha that's hilarious that you threw that in there. Too bad most won't get it.

June 5, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  103. alexx

Can't hollywood create classics? Safe to stick with prior successes I am sure.

June 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  104. A

Not hunky enough? They'll say the same about whoever's going to be the male lead in the remake.

What difficult lives they must lead.

June 3, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweet2th

I think the problem with casting is that it is men doing the casting. They have no clue of what women consider attractive. They were not sure who to cast in the Nightmare on Elms street movie. It was between Johnny Depp and another well know actor (I think James Brolin) and it took the casting director's daughter to let him know that Johnny Depp was a dreamboat.

June 4, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  105. Stoo

I actually liked the bacon brothers. And he was great in that military trial movie A Few Good Men.

June 3, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. tammy

Hey! the theme song was the unoffical theme song of my junior prom over 20 years ago. got ta get "footloose"

June 3, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lisa

Ewww his last name is bacon, I can't stand pigs & don't eat pork. That's why I can not stand police officers either

June 3, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  108. mikel

I'm sure that Bernie Madoff appreciated the money that he earned on Footloose. "smirk"

June 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  109. jim

I suppose singers wanted to take over the acting so actors had to take over the singing. Oh also forgetting dennis quaid, what's his name that played jack bauer, kevin costner,and joaquin phoenix.

June 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Nick

Tremors was his masterpiece. The special effects were amazing and the music made me want to dance. I thought it was weird that the pastor wanted to ban geologic seismic measuring.

June 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  111. BEBR H8R

I always thought he was way hot. He is one of the main reasons I came out of the closet. All of his movies are A+

June 3, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  112. He sure is odd for a lesbian

yeah

June 3, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Buschpig

I like how he died in Friday the 13th.......happy!!!

June 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  114. bigdog

I remember Stir of Echoes and Animal House. Thank you sir, may I have another...

June 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Buschpig

I like how he died in Fridat the 13th.....happy

June 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Cynthia Rutherford

KEVIN DID A WONDERFUL JOB.HE DANCED GREAT. WAS CUTE IN THE SHOW. THE MUSIC GOT ME MOVING.MAYBE IT WASN'T FOR EVERYONE. COUNTRY MOVIES ARE BY MOST PART NOT FOR ME.BUT I DID LIKE BROKEN BRIDGED.KEVIN YOUR STILL A FOX. MY OPINION ONLY.

June 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  117. reggie

Hey guys lay off this man has been in hollywood for twenty five years and just like you he has had ups and downs mostley ups .

June 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  118. krag

I couldnt post on the story about Kervorkian dieing so i figured a story about the movie Footloose was fitting. Not a fan of Kevin but his wife is hot

June 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Cindy

Hey Kevin, they were right, you aren't.

And Footloose sucked.

June 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  120. The Okie

Kevin Bacon is a class act, however, his band BLOWS!

Bernie Madoff should get the electric chair for all the people's lives he destroyed.

June 3, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Irene C.

NHoly bat turds batman.. I didnt know that Kevin had a band too .Whats with this actors. Do they all have to be in a band too. Keanu Reeves, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp ( he does too right) lol. And does anyone really hear them played anywhere..??

June 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweet2th

FYI Irene Johnny Depp started out in a band and became an actor because it was more lucative.

June 4, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Lyd Piece

I love his band! I've seen them a few times....I dig em a lot. To each his own...

June 5, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  121. EricLr

It must have been his desire to expand his acting range that led him to do "Quicksilver."

June 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  122. just a speck in the world

Just think about the movies the last year, the last 5 years, the last ten! is there a movie that when you watch it again on the saturday afternoon movie on your local channel, that will take you back in time and makee you feel good? is there a song that will trip the vault open and let the memories fall out? there are quite a few songs there in that movie that can still do that, even for those that never seen the movie, can tie a memory to a song.........

June 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Ben

This is what happens when you give people license to dance.

June 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  124. john

Footloose sucked. Kevin Bacon sucks to.

June 3, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • DogBone

Too. Not to.

Learn how to spel.

June 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

Hey DogBone...learn how top SPELL yourself!

June 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

TO not TOP.. my bad.....

June 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • skarrlette

No he is so real a guys guy not fake like the other jar head plastic losers in Hollywood.

June 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Lol at all you calling him out on his spelling and you're just as bad.

June 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2cent

It's not a spelling error. It is a grammar error.

June 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

@Kristen LOL Instant Kharma sucks, huh? LOL

June 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • krabz

Kristin....things like humor and satire are completely unfathomable elements to the likes of you.

June 3, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • American

Footloose did suck. What movie with dancing has no black people in it. They should do a remake of it And have Justin Timberlake as the star he would be the perfect balck guy LOL.

June 3, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rowman

Didi you read the article? Quote: "With a "Footloose" remake hitting theaters in October..."

June 4, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Kukla Fran and Ollie

We like Footloose!! The part where it was night and the sherriff was chasing Kevin thru the woods. Kevin couldnt see so be began making a path thru the woods by felling trees. His big weiner slinging from side to side as each tree tumbled to the ground the Kevin using his huge weiner as a pogo stick and boucing away from the sherriff.

WHAT A SCENE!! Kevins Weiner is our hero!

June 6, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  125. Dirty Joe

My name is Dirty Joe and these comments are a little too dirty for me.

Let me just say that I love Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. They're a great, relatable couple. Keep up the great work Kevin!

June 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  126. cloudycover

Kevin Bacon. Ham and Bacon Sandwich. Soup and Sandwich. Turtle Soup.......
    The ol' six degrees of separation!!!!

June 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  127. hoofawted

i like turtles

June 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Peace

I just have to post something or else my little world will come crashing down around me. I so self-important.

June 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Nick

Disgusting. Childish. Inappropriate. Laughed anyway. You guys are jerks. He's right about the one woman thing. People put too much pressure on this dumb high school sweetheart deal. I wasted eight years of my life in that relationship until I found real love with a girl I met at work. I truly believe that if your heart doesn't skip a beat every time she walks into the room, it's not love.

June 3, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Hmm

That last sentence sounds like arrhythmia Nick, you may want to get yourself to a cardiologist.

June 3, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Erik

You're infactuated, not in love. Good luck!

June 3, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Evel Knievel

Phag.

June 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Evel Knievel

What a h0mo. Did she tell you to say that?

June 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  134. MIKEL

Yes, Nick, you're right. I found love with the same girl that you work with and she's a lotta fun.

June 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. cork soaker

Something tells me that when you use the pronoun she, you actually mean he.

June 4, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  136. Sweet2th

How old are you Nick? Your comment sounds like you are pretty young. Love is on a much deeper level than that. What you discribed sounds like infatuation or lust not love. Love is wanting to care for someone, wanting to be around them and make their life better.

June 4, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  137. Mudnorb

My guess is premature ventricular contractions. Nothing to worry about generally, but I concur that you should see a cardiologist. At the very least have your primary do a baseline EKG.

June 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Dr GooberHymen

EKG? BAH...just have another Faye Biscuit with extra butter.

June 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |