'Hangover' writer in talks for a three-quel
June 1st, 2011

'Hangover' writer in talks for a three-quel

There's been much chatter about a potential “Hangover III," such as the idea that the Wolf Pack may end up in Amsterdam or Todd Phillips may eschew his forgotten night “blueprint."

But after that record-setting open from the "Hangover II," Warner Bros. seems to be revving up for a third installment, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The comedy, starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis, collected more than $200 million worldwide over Memorial Day weekend, breaking records for a comedy open in North America.

It would make sense, then, if Warner Bros. wanted to get to work on another one.

Although the studio didn't officially comment on its intent to go gung-ho with a third “Hangover,” it seems Craig Mazin, the writer of “Part II” is in early talks to work on the third installment. According to THR, a source at Warner Bros. said “Hangover III” is “all but a given.”

Filed under: movies

1. acquistare steroidi anabolizzanti in linea

Ciao a tutti, mi piace il tuo blog marquee.blogs.cnn.com. C'è qualcosa che posso fare per ricevere gli aggiornamenti come un abbonamento o qualcosa? Mi dispiace io non sono a conoscenza RSS?

December 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. anabolizzanti

Esattamente dove posso trovare questo particolare piattaforma Weblog PER marquee.blogs.cnn.com?

December 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Older Black Dude ... Like 35

First let me say that H2 was lame.

Consider this a Public Service Announcement.

It is a mistake for a person to use the "n-word" in any context. Even black to black.

When I hear anybody use it, in ANY OF ITS FORMS [n-gga, n_ gg_r] , I make a judgement of you and so do others.

If you are a white kid you run the risk of an azz whoopin` when you run into a person who takes offense.

If you are a black kid, you run the risk that Black adults will prevent you from gaining access to something you want [like a JOB, a date with their smokin` hot daughter, or anything that would benefit from their approval.

Drop the use of the word. It`s not worth it and you won`t be able to TALK or FIGHT your way out of the trouble it may bring you.

Again H2 SUCKED!

June 4, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. j

First movie was good, but really, most of the greatness came from the unexpectedness of it.

Second movie was mediocre (at best) and not helped any by the fact that most of the jokes were rehashed.

Third one .... lord help us.

June 2, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rochelle

How about that ride in?...I guess that's why they call it sin city.

June 2, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ga Peach

Hey marleyfan maybe we like to go to funny movies to escape all the news about babies being killed by their moms and dads, economy still down; politics, etc. If you don't like our comments, why are you reading them:

June 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ga Peach

Make Hangover III. I love these guys together. Whoever picked the line-up did an excellent job and I look forward to more "hangovers"!!!!!

June 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. duckh

Freedom of speech . BTW why is everything I do so hilarious . Oh I guess ill never know . Hey mom

June 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. marleyfan

You guys need to get a life, I mean seriously. All this debate over a movie!? Put your energy in something else.

June 2, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JJ

The FIRST one was BETTER.

June 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. C

Hangover was funny but vastly over-rated. Hangover 2 was predictable and unfunny/sucked. TBH I wish I would have seen Bridesmaids instead and not given money to such a terrible sequel. I knew Hangover 3 talks would start quickly, hopefully a third movie will make up for the crap they called Hangover 2.

June 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carlo

Don't bother unless you can come up with a better formula for figuring out what happened on the prior night because I could've waited for it to be on netflix. Was nowhere near as funny as the first one. Tried to hard on the comedic jokes compared to the first one...

June 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sleeping Beauty

They both sucked!!!!!!! And the third one will too!!!!! To the guys complaining about the frontal nudity, give me a break, woman have to sit there and watch nude women on screen but thats okay since that is what the guys want. And to be truthfully honest, men naked full frontal isnt all that it claims to be. Stupid, gross comedy is not funny....

June 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. URJustWRong

Ctrl+c Ctrl+v = Hangover 3's done!

June 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. b

i see no pirates 5, i pay no attention to that piracy.

June 2, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  16. erich2112x

Ride the pony all the way to the end of the trail. I'm with you all the way.

June 2, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  17. justbeinreal

So if this were an all black cast the use of the 'N' word is fine, right? American Gangster, Notorius, The Program, Juice.. Denzel using it is fine right? Or Tu-Pac, 50, Ice-T? That's right, I forgot not the same as a white actor using it

June 2, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  18. b

I seen Hangover III and it sucks.

June 2, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. b

I seen Hangoer III and it sucks.

June 2, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  20. A Fan

I would love to see Hangover III! Do it people! Love the guys.

June 2, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  21. justin

You can't say the third will be bad when you haven't seen it yet you ever hate something a whole lot then your convinced to try it and you like it same concept

June 2, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  22. b

Make it like Halloween III.

June 2, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  23. rob

This sequel was funnier than the first. It is nothing but fun. Haters should relax, you know going in this wasn't Braveheart.

June 2, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  24. jojothekid

Hangover the second sucked and if its the same writer, they won't be getting more money from me. The problem with part 2 is how much potential was lost through laziness and the desire to repeat rather than push forward.

June 2, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  25. Tyler

Yeah! Maybe you can make the exact same movie for a third time just to make sure that every last person that was a fan of the first Hangover eventually resents the series.

June 2, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  26. christina

Do it do it funny ass hell laugh through the whole movie..but you have to see the first one !!funny funny.....

June 2, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  27. Mike

Follow similar steps when generating Hangover 2 script from the original.
    Step 1 – Open Hangover 2 script in Word
    Step 2 – Find word "Thailand" replace with "Monaco"
    Done

June 2, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. Minime

Well you certainly have to have a particulary wicked, twisted sense of humor to enjoy these movies because they are rude, crude & crazy! Everyone has their own tastes in what they like and/or dislike. I Loved Hangover I, and agree with many posts that Hangover II was good & funny, but pretty much predictable, and a little less fun & crazy. I would definitely see Hangover III – there is only Allen (Zach Galifianakis) left to get married, and that should be very funny. The movie producers could truly twist that plot around with his character..........

June 2, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  29. Markus

Wasn't that funny of a movie. Perhaps if you drink for a living and your 20 and male. I feel sorry for all those girlfriends that had to go and see this. Hey ladies next time call me. I'll hook you up.

June 2, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bobby Frank-Dallas TX

it is not ok to use the N word..... ever! .......It is never OK for a Man to hit a Woman also! Any word that is going to offend or demorilize a person in any way, should be left out of your vocabulary...the end.

June 2, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  31. jon

I enjoyed the original one, and no matter how many times I see it I could laugh until I pee myself when I watch the Mike Tyson scene with Zack Galifanikis by his pool. I didn't run out to see the sequel, I'll wait until it comes out on video. I'm just hoping it's not just recycled jokes from the first movie (which is what many comedy sequels do).

June 2, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  32. mejazzbo

What's the matter? You don't like Amsterdam. It's perfect!

June 2, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  33. ilovemycop

HEY HOLLYWOOD! How about an ORIGINIAL movie? Not a re-make, pre-quel or sequel...something we've never seen before...that would be a nice change.

June 2, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • jon

Just another IGNORANT statement. What does Hollywood have to do with preventing a sequel or prequel to come out when the original was so successful? Go focus your complaining on the remakes of Karate Kid, Arthur, and Halloween.

June 2, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  34. NYCMovieFan

This is great! If you are a Hangover fan,then you are happy. If you are not, then why are you reading this? But Amsterdam is so very 1960's, a real throw back. Yes, there are drugs for sale openly on the streets, and it is one of the most dangerous cities for street crime – I was mugged 30 minutes after arriving, going through the revolving door of my hotel, 2 Middle Eastern men used a newspaper to stop the door revolving and stood in the little space,, taking my bag from me and going through the contents to take what they wanted. One seemed to be teaching the other what to steal. The lobby security guy forced the door forward with his shoulder, and the 2 men ran off – but no police were called because the guard said it happened all the time! So Amsterdam is very dangerous, but not in any way fun or funny! I hope it's Paris or Rio instead for the next Hangover movie, that would be fun!

June 2, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  35. Rob M

The problem is the premise... ok, it happened in the first movie, and "uh oh" it happened again in the second one. Chances of it happening again – not bloody likely. So, lets not go there...

June 2, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  36. rickie

Arabs conduct "virginity tests"

June 2, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dave

Arabs throw acid on womens faces for not wearing a veil

June 2, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  38. deb

we saw hangover 1 & didnt care 4 it 2 much... everything seemed 2 b a little far fetched. we were talked into going 2 c hangover 2 expecting dissapointment but found it hilarious! good writers on this one. i hope if they do a 3rd they have the same writiers!

June 2, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. melissa

the hangover 2 was the best movie in the world!

June 2, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  40. Katie

Based on the lack of laughs the 1st movie produced for me I have no desire to see the same plot again or again.

June 2, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  41. jtzttzy

Yall just don't get it. It's not about the amount of times the n word used but about the amount of times used by non-blacks. The first and second time is funny cause it catches off guard but after that its annoying to abusive.This suppose to be a comedy...The reasons blacks could, but shouldn't, use it among themselves is the same reasoning you can curse a close friend without issue. Ironically, the term can show much love. For ex. That's my n word like saying that's my dog, main man,homie. Some people will never understand.

June 2, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  42. teamwolfpack

4 those of u who thought tha movie sukd...please go fuk urself. U are way too anal it is not that serious people! Especially those of u that r complainin about:too much cursing,too much nude! I mean IT WAS RATED FUKN R.. PEOPLE.. DAMN

June 2, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mandi

My boyfriend is 24, black and way, way cool with a lot of people. He TOLERATED the use of the word "n_gg_r" in the H2 but said it was NOT funny.

When referring to it, we don`t say "n-word" we say "n_gg_r" instead of watering it down. We don`t believe in trying to turn it into a "cutsie" word.

I didn`t find it funny either not because I`m a prude but because it didn`t "add" anything to the setting. Not enough to offend us – just enough to lose our recommendation [along with the other lame parts of H2].

June 2, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  44. Sebastian

Hangover is todays generation`s version of Porky.

Hangover II = Porky`s Revenge

Hangover III = WHATEVER they called the 3rd [and final] Porky`s movie.

They will make a 3rd one because that is what Hwood does.

June 2, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  45. charlie crack

Three consecutive hangovers is too much. Dang! *puke*

June 2, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  46. charlie crack

Oh please stop already......

June 2, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dannatural

Hangover I could not of sucked worse...Oh, wait Hangover II did! Now PT Barnum announces Hangover III? Priceless...

June 2, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  48. Tonic

The second movie was awful and unfunny, so I can't imagine how a third one would be remotely good.

June 2, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  49. Booo

As a black female I, too, am sick of the folks whining over the n-word on this post. I didn't find it offensive. In fact, since the Mr. Chow character was using it, I found it beyond hilarious. So take your ridiculous whinings to brother Al Sharpton and let the intelligent particularly black folk who can get a joke comment on this page. Thanks.

June 2, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  50. rob

PLEASE make this one set in DETROIT. Think about it, through Mike Tyson they are set up for a party at Kid Rocks house, they figure they need some juice to liven the party up and decide to buy some weed on 8 mile, only to wake up 3 days later after smoking some bad sh*^. It only gets better from there....Think of all the possibilities. Ima go buy my tickets now!!!

June 2, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  51. Misterstaley

Don't know about a third one... 2 wasn't that good.

June 2, 2011 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  52. sheep

The studios know we the sheeple will go see it anyway, no matter how bad the seqfails get.

June 2, 2011 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  53. dr.j

I'm also a black man... From the reviews I've read.. And it seems that the main people who really felt uncomfortable with the "N" word are non black people.... Why do you even care? I'm sure the black guy sitting next to you was laughing his butt off.... And for the black people who are crying about it... You have seen movies like Friday, baby boy,Harlem nights,and Life with plenty of references "n" word and I'm sure you didn't wine about the "n" word then... It's all in fun.. grow up and stop TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT RACISM!!

June 2, 2011 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Brittany

I Understand What Your Saying Because I Laughed My Ass Off. But Glorifying Other Movies That Used The N-Word Don't Make It Right. Our Ancestors Or Great-Grandparents Are Probably Shaking They Head At Us Right Now Because Of The Ignorance And Self-Hatred We Have Inside. We Are Nothing But Hypocrites.

June 3, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  54. Luther

I absolutely loved the first one ! It was a classic...I didn't love but liked the 2nd one, I thought it was funny even though it did have the same formula but what did you expect from the previews ?...being a huge fan of the 1st I'd love to see a Hangover 3 but they should switch the plot up & do something different...and I'm a african-american as far as ppl getting upset on usage of the N word in hangover 2, who cares? Get over it.

June 2, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  55. april

Absolutely make a 3rd! But for the love of god DO NOT bring back the guy who wrote this 2nd one. Bring in the original writers of the 1st and keep the next location in the US. Go back to Vegas, take it to Reno...how bout atlantic city?? Miami?? New York?? Don't leave the country again! Their first mistake was bringing on a different writer. There 2nd mistake was taking out of the US.

June 2, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  56. Name*andrew

Who gives ..... what you all think. Movie was made to make money and it made a lot of money.

June 2, 2011 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  57. sacksforsure

You have a hairy son?

June 2, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  58. juggernaut

The world needs sensless comedy right now in times like these so all you people saying oh its over the top and racist and gross .....if you saw the first one then what the hell made you go see the second one I mean come on was the second one supposed to be made by disney or something because I do believe they are both rate "R" for a reason so if you are un adult enough or too much of a prude to enjoy a great comedy then stay home and watch soaps and the godfather kicked ass so to the moron that said it didn't go f#+k yourself hangover 1,2 and possibly 3 all the way baby

June 2, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  59. jack

Ah, H3D another Palace of the Crystal Skull

June 2, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  60. sacksforsure

Dad are we there yet? Im hungry!!

June 2, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  61. kellie

if you have a good sense of humour and are not a prude then you would love these movies and hope for a 3rd. I laughed my ass off cause it was funny. As for the nudity and the n word , get over it. My husband is black and laughed at the use of the n word..cause it was funny. Get a grip ..when did we all forget to laugh and enjoy life, lighten up.

June 2, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Brittany

I Laughed And I'm Black But I Don't Think The Word Was Appropriate...I Noticed The Discomfort On My Friend's Face Who Is White.

June 3, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  62. nerp

Hey.... love that movie man.... its, well it's the bomb....*justice stance* grrrrreatest moooviiie evaaaaaar! well, yeah. okay I'm done now. Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaah. *stretches* ahem.

June 2, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  63. jtzttzy

The n word was over used. Had one naked female the rest was chicks w sticks. The first was more realistic. Not sure how they will top a guy getting screwed by tranny as far as being extreme without going overboard. I think part 3 would be good during Mardi Gras in New Orleans with some voodoo and an alligator this time.

June 2, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  64. Name*Feyd

These movies are a total rip off of a Star Trek Next Generation episode called "Clues ".

June 2, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  65. H.P Pennypacker

Can't believe how many super intellectual people are complaining about how stupid and mindless it is. How dare they even make the movie then? If ya didn't like the movie why read this article...you shouldn't care if there is a Hangover 9 if you won't see it. Oh and it's rated-R so expect the "n" word and some nudity...u know damn well what to expect!

June 2, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  66. W

As an African-American it was very clear that the producers got some rise of putting N-word in movie like 8 times (i counted) it was sad & pointless I mean producers racist? What the heck was that about?

June 2, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • H.P Pennypacker

As an African-American realize it's a movie. Not a direct attack on all African-Americans. Don't want the "n" word used then stop saying it also!

June 2, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  67. BIG A

i dont understand ppl, the 2nd Hangover was so funny i never laughed si hard in my life. Reminds me Caddy Shack. i laughed from begining to the very end. If Hollywood wants to make a 3rd i say go 4 it. If scary movie cant make 6 horrible movies the Hangover can as well. Haters SHut Up!!

June 2, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  68. shchasm

Without galifinakas the first one didnt stand much of a chance. But now, even he is already becoming a little over-exposed.

June 1, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • gregk

My wife and I have been huge fans of Zach before he made his first movie but he needs to develop new roles and hope it is not Hangover III. He is way more talented than this and a really great person. He actually took time to call us when we left him a note saying that he looks like our son when he was filming Due Date.

June 2, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  69. Moronic American

The dumbing of America continues.

June 1, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Marisa

I didn't think the second was particularly funny except for Chow and Allan's lines. It seemed to force the same charm as the effortless first Hangover so for there to be a third, the script will be of utmost importance of not trying too hard but being as charming and hilarious as the first. Unexpected is not always your friend but same-old tends to get boring. I do love Allan though so I'm game to go see a third. WRITE A GOOD SCRIPT!

June 1, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  71. mslow

It was funny n lame

June 1, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. sonia

People get over yourselves already!!! It was a great movie. U people don't know nothing about movies.

June 1, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  73. BrofromtheO

After reading all of the comments, it would appear as though I don't even need to see the movie. Some of you took the liberty of ruining the surprise. Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

June 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  74. proj

You liked vegas vacation? Loser! anyway hard not to have a big opening weekend when it lasts 5 days! and who thinks they are gonna see shakespeare when they see a movie called hangover 2. same people who will pay to see 3 and then talk smack.

June 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  75. john

maybe Robert DeNiro and Ben Stiller can join the cast and help beat a dead horse!

June 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Carlon

The sequel was just about the same thing as the first one. The only that differed was the setting, and the story (very mildly). So, if you're going to make a third one, you're going to have to blow us away with something completely over-the-top-hilarious, if not than it will most likely be a dissapoint like the 2nd movie.

June 1, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  77. chedda

The first one, best movie ever, second was u already know what to expect, if they do a third, they better make it something u would not expect or I will just get it on boot leg and not waste my money...I support the sequel, but u need to make a twist...

June 1, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Fonz01

They both sucked. Hollywood only thinks being funny is how vulgar one can be. The more vulgar the more funny. Hollywood is dead.

June 1, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  79. lordtorn

If you didn't like the first one, dont watch the 2nd. If you liked the first one and expected more, your an idiot. If I were making hundreds of millions, ill milk it as long as I could too. The consumer controls hollywood. Look at jona hex, a disaster. No one tricked you to go watch it. Stop analyzing things.

June 1, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. cincygirl

Hangover I is hilarious! Sometimes in life, mindless comedy is needed. I saw Hangover II, and it was not as funny as the first one, and use of the n-word was totally uncalled for and the audience didn't see the humor in it either and the crowd was diverse. Mike Tyson looked foolish, like he was in a minstrel show and the reference that he was bought was not cool. As for all the male genitals swinging around, if shock value was the goal, it was met and not because of the sizes...lol

June 1, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. aj

It sounds like ET needs to get off his stupid computer and go have some fun.There is more to life than blogging and world of war craft.If you didnt like the hanogover, you are a flake.

June 1, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Brian

Cant say for sure. The last movie I went to the theaters for was K-19 Widowmaker. That one sucked monkey balls to. Lol

June 1, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  83. marie

The first one was off the hook...2nd i have to say wasnt all that good...sure didnt like seeing he /She..that is not so cute....omg thanks goodness for 420.

June 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  84. sacksforsure

the movies are awsome and what better way to end it than with Allen getting married? Anybody remember Vacation with Chevy Chase? The first one was awsome, two sucked and Xmas and Vegas Vacations are classics as well. As for all the wanna be critics you guys are a bunch of tards.

June 1, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Inga Parks

I'm ready.

June 1, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Awesome

I liked this movie alot too much nudity but it was really funny. Allen is just hilarious! I would def watch hangover 3!

June 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • dg

Too much nudity???? You must be pretty prudish to see it that way. Were there more nude scenes other than the asian guy and the strip club scenario... which is what strip clubs are all about. Am I missing something? I think not.

June 2, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  87. Jewbian

the only funny thing about the first one was the photo montage at the end. Everything else was like the writers just threw words and ideas in a hat and wrote down whatever they pulles out. Clever concept, totally wasted.

June 1, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Sis

So what if they make it? That doesn't mean you have to go see it.

June 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jill Kennedy

Probably the greatest review I have read of The Hangover 2 – by a Finnish film reviewer attempting to write English. It's hilarious.

June 1, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan A

Jill K – I read that review by that finnish author, I literally LOL'd at work so freakin hard, had to reread it like 20x just to keep the laugh going,

simply classic.

June 2, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  90. WasteOf20Bucks

The parts that were supposed to be funny were gross and the rest is lame, I shoulda gave $20 bucks to a homeless person instead....

June 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  91. angie

I LOVE ED HELMS!!!!!

June 1, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  92. jdub

Does anyone go to a movie to be entertained? Both movies made me laugh. Just enjoy it and stop overanalyzing it and just enjoy it. What else are you going to see, KungFu Panda? Relax.

June 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  93. societyfrustrated

lame!!!

June 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  94. hangoverfan

First hangover:FREAKING HILARIOUS second hangover:moderatly funny third hangover:hopefully FREAKING HILARIOUS(but only if they change up the storyline)btw superhiro you are wrong

June 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  95. hangoverfan

First hangover:FREAKING HILARIOUS second hangover:moderatly funny third hangover:hopefully FREAKING HILARIOUS(but only if they change up the storyline)btw superhiro fu

June 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  96. panthersofamerica

Don't make anymore! The first was amazing and the second was okay, but I know for a fact if they make a third one it will suck. Plus whose going to get married in it, Allen? hahaha

June 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  97. sean

I thought that the second one was just as funny as the first one and if the second one came first we would all think that one was funnier

June 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  98. BOSS

I agree with dlm

June 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  99. mejazzbo

Please!!!!! Can I be in it?

June 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Kevinc1028

I thought the second was just as funny as the first one. I don't know what people were expecting from part II. Anyone that was a big fan of the first one, I was, watched the preview which clearly showed that the format would be more or less the same. If you love the first one but disliked the second because it was so similar do you say the same thing about the first two Godfathers? I could just imagine the comments on that blog "you know the first Godfather was pretty good but the second one is more of the same! There's no originality!"

June 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

No we don't say that about the Godfather because, unlike H2, the Godfather series was well written throughout. How high do your expectations have to be to not want to be given the EXACT same story. I couldve saved my $10.

June 2, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Hand of God

Really? You're hating on the godfather? I'm pretty sure that besides from maybe the empire strikes back, the godfather part two is basically considered to be the best movie sequel EVER made by not only fans but critics as well. So go f@#$ yourself.

June 2, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • kevinc1028

I left a post last night that mentioned the Godfather and the Godfather II merely as an example for people complaining that Hangover and Hangover Part II had a similar format and style. There's nothing wrong with sequels having similarities, in fact it's kind of required. People enjoyed the three characters and the situation that they got into and how they got out of it. If you didn't like the first one that's fine but then don't complain if you plunked down money for the sequel. If you loved the first one and expected something different than what you got from the sequel, I'd love to know what you did expect. If $20 was too much to spend then maybe you should be saving money and not going to the movies. As far as movie franchises here's a list of movies that all have similar plots throughout the franchise: the first Star Wars Trilogy, Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, Harry Potter, Three Stooges, Die Hard, American Pie, Spider Man, Lethal Weapon, Terminator,

June 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  101. jocelyn

The wolfpack is awesomeeeeee!!! I totally agree that they should make part 3!

June 1, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  102. cj

I would see a third one, but PLEASE change it up, like they start a revolution and they have to evacuate the country while figuring out what happened

June 1, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  103. rhoda

The third should be something different, like instead of them piecing together the night before, show us the night!! Its impractical how most of the things happened to them, so show us what happened and then end it with them waking up. At least its something different!!

June 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • dg

For a movie I found H1 as having many belly laughs of a lowbrow nature, which is what I expected. Not a classic but funny enough to recommend. H2 wasn't as funny but that I attribute to the expectations from the first.

The filmmaker in a interview I read recently stated that if there was a H3, it would have a different plot line, admitting H2 was the same formula as H1.

June 2, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  104. Hangoversuxs

The first hangover sux..i have no idea why its a classic..im glad I saw it on cable for free. I refused to watch part 2 and hope part 3 goes straight to Dvd

June 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  105. jj

Yeah adolescent boys....idiots

June 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  106. eduardo delbosque

they kept mel gibson out of the movie because of racial comments but they make racial comments in the movie using the N word constantly

June 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Art Vandolaye

Who are going to see these movies? Adolescent boys drunk on cheap beer? What a surprise, Hangover3 will be in Europe. Might as well hit every continent. -Art

June 1, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Spencer

Am I nuts here? I didn't even think the FIRST one was funny. How creative is it to put a group of guys in a crazy situation? Any screenwriter can do that. What was so unbelievably hilarious about that first movie? There certainly weren't very many clever jokes. I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times. And they were giggles at best.

June 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Juju

The 1st one was hella funny. The 2nd one was ok, a 3rd prob isn't a good idea.

June 1, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. june bug

Police academy any1

June 1, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  111. hungover

The reason the first movie in any series is the greatest is because it sets the standard for the rest. Plus they had a year or two to write the script for the first movie, the more people watch the faster they have to create a new one. Typical supply and demand

June 1, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  112. madhater

I watched the 1st one to see what the hoopla was all about, it was stupid as hell.

June 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  113. sir

The first one was very funny. The comment by Superhiro was made to get attention, kinda sad

June 1, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Normal

No it wasn't... the first one was not really that funny it was OK at best. Superhiro was dead on correct. If you thought it was super funny that you are the same schmucks that paid to see both... I paid nothing to see them..Mehh

June 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Superhiro

Let's be honest here. Not even the first Hangover was that good.

June 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Step on me

i agree. i think most people just related to the idea of not remembering what happened after a night of drinking.

June 1, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • realityhurts

Disagree. The first one was hilarious. The second was copy of the first so half as funny.

June 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Comic

Finally someone who speaks the truth. I'm not a prude, American Pie was hilarious!

June 1, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • dg

I found the american pie series boring and pretty much the same highschool/college years formula as many movies that came before it.

June 2, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Chief

I agree, I didn't think the first one was all that good. I agree with comic- American pie was more funnier.

June 2, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherisma

Thats not true I've NEVER gotten Drunk or a hangover but I found that movie sooooooo freakin funny so i don't kno what ur talking about at all

June 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  115. x

If they're going to make a Hangover Part III, they need to really do something new. The second one was basically a re-make or exact copy of the first Hangover, except the groom is replaced by the brother of Stu's fiancee, the tiger and baby is replaced by a monkey, and the missing tooth incident is instead replaced with a face tattoo. Same plot, same formula, with no surprises and no real moments where the whole audience was laughing their heads off. Other than a couple of chuckles here on there, Part II just wasn't really funny, and it was literally the same movie as the first one, just a different location. A third one is not needed, but like the article said, a "third movie is inevitable."

June 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • I don't have any more hotddogs

I said the exact same thing – almost word for word. Only I likened the missing tooth to the missing finger. – I guess you could call me X II :) I wasted 2 or so hours on that movie that I'll never get back. Hopefully I learned a lesson.

June 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  116. KeeKeeDee

Just a cruel irony in Hollywood. Destroy a fantastic, classic movie with a du-u-ull sequel and rake in $100+ million over a weekend. So, uh, doesn't matter what we say here, huh? A 3rd one is almost a certainty, and almost certain to be unwatchable.

June 1, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Kym

Can they leave the "N" word out of it please and thank you.

June 1, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funny

Get over it! The 'N' word?? Really? Sticks and Stones.....

June 2, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • keepitup

I don't see anything good in calling anyone, black or white, a "n," when used to spew hatred. You people need to get smart about what's considered crossing the line. In the film they used it as more of an endearing term. Otherwise, that word is the most degrading in the entire human language. People will accept just about anything or anyone, except a "n".....get it?

June 2, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • sure

Ill stop saying it when yall stop calling eachother it. Hypocrites

June 2, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brittany

It's Funny How People Can "Change" The Meaning Of A Word That Was Once Used To Degrade People Of Color And Find It Acceptable To Use. Anybody That Use That Word Is Ignorant..Whether Your Black Or White...And If You Think It's Acceptable To Use Just Because Hypocritical Black People Use It, It Just Shows How Purely Ignorant And Disrespectful You Are.

June 3, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  118. dlm

The movie producers should quit while they are ahead. Hangover II was garbage. Everything was way over the top. The movie was full of unnecessary cursing, full frontal views of men and an excessive use of the n-word. I wasted my money.

June 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adam

omg? Really? Full frontals of men? But its perfectly ok that there were also plenty of female body parts shown? Can you be any more of a hypocrite? Grow up a little.

June 1, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronald mcdonald

apparently you didn't see the first one. what did you expect?

June 2, 2011 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  119. Junkman

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MOOOOONEEEYYYY, MOOONNEEYYYY.

these will just get worse and worse. and make millions and millions of dollars.

June 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  120. ljw

stop the madness! the first one is a classic, the second is worthy....but don't push it.

June 1, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  121. jdog

then please, please PLEASE make it funnier than II, which wasn't all that funny

June 1, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • neil

It wasn't as funny as you might have hope bc you, along with everyone else went into it with expectations. When the first one came out it was like catching a sucker punch to the face...this time however you knew you were ready for it and knew it would knock your socks off creating a much tougher assignment for the writers...give them credit they did a hang up job! Id pay to see a thre-quel!

June 1, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jdog

Yeah but it wasn't very funny.

June 2, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Brent

I would see another one, but lets shake this one up a bit. Forget the bachelor party idea. Certainly they can have an unbelievable funny drunken experience without a bachelor party, without an animal, without one of them getting lost and without one of them losing a body part. How about adding a dead body and someone setting them up to take the fall?

June 2, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • yo

you know what movie was funny like that with the body thing was Four Rooms. Hystericle and it didn't get much love.

June 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Evel Knievel

Ride that horse into the ground and then keep flogging it.

June 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Mediocre movies with decent acting are normally hailed as masterpieces. Both movies weren't that good and I dont see why so many people liked them.

June 2, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • BRod

Maybe producers will change their minds once they see how bad ticket sales tank this coming weekend. It was an awful sequel! It only made a ton of money the first weekend because people were expecting it to be as funny as the first. Word of mouth is spreading fast about how bad this movie was.

June 2, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • scoobaa

Funny thing is everyone said its not funny but ya all still went to see it and if theirs a third one u guys are gonna go see that one too so they making .money reguardless that's what it comes down to......that moneyyyyy

June 2, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony

LMAO!!! #winner!!!!!

June 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Chris, if you didn't like the first one, then why did you see the second one in theaters?

June 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |