Cheryl Cole won't be on British 'X Factor,' either
May 31st, 2011

Cheryl Cole won't be on British 'X Factor,' either

After reportedly getting replaced on the U.S. version of "The X Factor," Cheryl Cole seems to have been dumped from the U.K. edition too.

The former Girls Aloud singer, who had been a judge on Britain's "X Factor" since 2008, was not included among the panel members announced by series producer Simon Cowell on Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Those who did make the cut: Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland, "Take That" singer-songwriter Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos of British hip-hop band N-Dubz, and boy-band impresario Louis Walsh.

"These four will be totally up for it, and each of them bring a different attitude," said Cowell.

Cole's departure from the show may have been her own doing. According to the Hollywood Reporter, she is said to have snubbed Cowell after she was reportedly fired from the U.S. series. Cole, who is believed to have been let go because her English accent is too thick for American audiences, has since been supposedly replaced on the Fox show by Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger. Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and music producer L.A. Reid make up the remainder of the judges' panel.

The U.S. edition of "The X Factor" premieres in September, and auditions are already underway.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Paula Abdul • Simon Cowell • X Factor

1. bridal party dresses

Hello I will be so pleased I found your site, I truly located you in error, while I was observing on google for another thing, Anyhow I will be here now and definitely prefer to say say thanks to for the incredible submit plus a at all times entertaining weblog. Please keep up the fantastic perform.
    bridal party dresses http://www.shopfor-bridal.com

October 27, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. Just saying

I heard she wasn't getting along with Paula Abdul and that her diva ways were too much for the US and apparently they reached their limit with her overseas too. Oh bloody well...

June 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rock

My nuts itch...

June 2, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Andrea

In the UK X-Factor as a judge would be Kelly Rowland. I think it will be even more interesting. I'm waiting for when it will begin a new season. And I downloaded the previous http://www.torrentoff.com. It's quick and easy.

June 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. thuso

im going to miss cheryl cole,why is she not coming to America and i love that lady seriously

June 1, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. Come On

Whos Cheryl Cole?
    I do think I was right when I had said when there was talk about her coming to America.

June 1, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cheryl

I will miss Cheryl Cole. She was very good on Britain's X Factor as a judge. She had a lot of warmth and I never had a problem understanding her. She would have been great here in America.

June 1, 2011 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. fernace

Weeelll, seems Simon Cowell couldn't pin this chick to the "casting couch"! Producers are famous for the "favor for a favor" game! I can see it now, Simon running around the couch in his silk bikini draws & Cheryl expertly slinking away! Maybe too expertly, cuz now she's out of 2 gigs! Well, the economy sucks for everyone! Join us in the un-employment line!!

May 31, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sunshine Girl *

This show sounds like a joke the way they cant even get their sh!t together w/the judges. Letting her go and the excuse they used was ridiculous. American Idol will always be better than this even on their worst day. Besides Simon is nothing more than an arrogant/egotistical/self centered British blowhard. Just the thought of having to listen to him turns my stomach. Who would enjoy that *ssh*le? Dont see this show doing well in America even w/all the hype.

May 31, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. The Mad R@p3r

She can star in the show i'm thinking up in my head right now, "The Triple X Factor". Not much singing but it will be loud.

May 31, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |