Paris Hilton: I'm not your typical heiress
May 30th, 2011

Paris Hilton: I'm not your typical heiress

Editor's Note: Paris Hilton recently sat down with Piers Morgan for an emotional, tell-all interview. Tune in to hear from the heiress and her mom Kathy on "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9 p.m ET.

Paris Hilton may be on her third reality show with Oxygen’s “The World According to Paris,” but the 30-year-old says that viewers will actually see the real her with this one.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times about her former reality program "The Simple Life," Hilton says producers told her “it was supposed to be 'Green Acres' meets 'Clueless.' So that's what I gave them. It was fun. But it gave the world this perception of me. People assume that's who I am."

She’s hoping that her Oxygen show will paint a more authentic picture.

“I wanted to get at this whole spoiled-heiress perception," Hilton says. “There are a lot of heirs out there that don't work because they don't have to. That's not me. I've had success on my own. I bought this house myself, I've bought every car I own. It's all me and my hard work."

And if you think her hard work includes, ahem, that infamous sex tape, Hilton would tell you to think again.

"I never made one dollar from that tape," she tells the L.A. Times. "It’s the most painful thing that's ever happened to me. Even today, every time I walk into a room, I'm always wondering how many people have seen that tape."

Instead, Hilton says, she's earining her paycheck by simply being herself. "The World According to Paris” is supposed to include more of an intimate look into her world, such as when she does court-mandated community service. (Hopefully she'll also use her natural speaking voice, which the L.A. Times notes is deeper and more mature than the baby voice she's known for employing.)

"I get to make a living just being me," Hilton says. "And I love my job."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. HE DOES SOMETHING AND SHE ID'S....JUST LAUGH AT HER 90% BLOCKED 10% TOO GO

June 21, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. iphone行動電源

Hey extremely cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also...I am happy to find a lot of useful info right here in the post, we need work out more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . . iphone行動電源 http://www.powerbankinfo.com

June 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Skincare

Very nice post it's realy help me.. Thank you for posting that i,ll se that to my sister. This is my personal blog about Trends and Styles Fall http://trendnstylez.com

December 2, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Fursnake

Paris, Snookie, the Kardashians...they're all a joke. This kind of crap is one example of why our country is getting the hate it is.

June 1, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pliny

She was a nobody before the tape.

She was a nobody after the tape.

She will die a nobody.

Hopefully soon, alone and slowly.

June 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Come On

why do people still insist Paris was a nobody before that tape came out. She did have modeling and acting jobs before anything. Granted might not have been well known but she did do things before that.

Now if you want to say who was Kim K before her tape came out id understand. All she ever did before that was hang out with Paris

June 1, 2011 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. paris hilton

DADDY THERE MAKING IN FUN OF ME !!!!

May 31, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MSfromCA

No, your more like a typical slvt. Wasn't that what you were aiming for all this time?

May 31, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. derp

"I'm not your typical heiress"

Very true. Most heiresses cannot be seen on the internet getting a chest full of man goop.

May 31, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tim

pure white trash!!!!! nuff said

May 31, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sketti

i like her voice. it makes he sound nicer. she doesnt need a manly voice. she is ugly enough as it is.

May 31, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Diamond Dave

No, but she is your typical wh0re.

May 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. WLM

I hope this soon to be mid thirties woman has given up her that silly baby voice which is soooooo annoying....
    In terms of her earning what she has, I suppose it takes money to make money!

May 31, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. Peace

That is pretty cool, Charlie ! :)

May 31, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. Professor Benjamin

She uses a nice doodooo moistureizer to keep her skin goooood and soft.

May 31, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  16. charlie crack

Hey @peace! All's well. Hope you are good. Yeah, crazy huh? She has a 16yr old that races for her and won the championship race a couple weeks ago. Pink/white bikesand everything "Paris". Pretty cool.

May 31, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. nancydrew

I am sure she is just worn out from "working" so hard. What a joke.

May 31, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. Peace

Hey Charlie Crack! She owns her own motorcycle race team? Huh, I never knew that. Learn something new everyday! Hope all is well w/you! C-ya!

May 31, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

She freakin' owns a motorcycle racing team as well. Nuts! I'd let her ride.....oops, I mean, I'd ride for her team anyday.

May 31, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  20. charlie crack

She freakin' owns a motorcycle racing team as well. Nuts! I'd let her ride.....oops, I mean, I'd ride for herteam anyday.

May 31, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. Phyllis

I feel ripped off. This is her 3rd 'Reality' show, but this is the first time that she's exposing her true self? Who was she the 1st and the 2nd times? Does this mean reality shows aren't actually reality?? OMG! The sky is falling. Get over yourself Paris. Quit embarasing the Hell outta your parents. They financed your ride. She needs to get knocked up with a new little heiress. Hope she hasn't destroyed her baby maker with all that promiscuity, STDs, or drugs. Duh, the world hasn't watched Paris since Kim Kardashian stole her paparazi entourage.

May 31, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. rizvi

no beautifully, only rich thats way she is famous.

May 31, 2011 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  23. Michelle

She should go to college and get a degree in finance. All rich kids should, so they don't lose their money, which they truly don't understand the worth of, since they didn't earn it She might work, but millions in your pocket is a hell of a safety net if you fail. Most others end up in their mother's basement.

May 31, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
    • sandirs

Paris will have to earn her high school diploma first. She was taken out of school supposedly do to an kidnap threat, but why the Hiltons didn't hire a tutor to see that she kept up with her school assignments to graduate on time I'll never know. Rick and Kathy are far from the richest Hiltons but they certainly could have afforded a tutor.

Priorities, priorities!

May 31, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sunshine Girl *

Being the heiress to the Hilton Hotel Empire shes been famous since the day she was born. Long before that tape came out. She played on that tape to keep her name in the headlines. She acted like sahe had nothing to do w/its release bit I believe otherwise. She sure wasnt embarrassed by it at all. And believe everything she does is backed by her daddys cash in some way. You people are more gullible than she is stupid.

May 31, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  25. chaz

What this woman earns and how she earns it has nothing to do with the world. Take away the criticism from others and try and put yourselves in her position. Yeah she is rich and many of you think poor rich blonde bimbo. The only worry she has is whether she is going to jail for DUI. But how many of you would like all your flaws published for the whole world to judge. Paris is beautiful. Why do ppl pick on her. Cause she is more successful for giving her audience what they want to see. Well done. Well played Paris. X

May 30, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRdp-J5Ia_Q&w=640&h=390]

May 30, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Machelle (Mach5555)

"I never made one dollar from that tape" Really, Paris?
    No one ever heard of you before that tape was released. Why do you think you had a sudden rise to fame which then gave you the opportunity to "earn your paycheck by being yourself' ?

May 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Actually, she was already quite well-known at the time the tape was released.

May 30, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Taylor

I am actually happy to hear about her again.So tired of the unclassy kardashians pretending to be Paris..

May 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jennifer

The one thing that really annoys me about her, is how she says she earned everything she has and didn't relay on her parents. That's BS! Let's be real here. If it wasn't for her parents and her last name, she wouldn't have been able to do half of what's she done. I'm pretty sure that if I wanted my own shoe collection or my own album, It would take years of work and it probably wouldn't happen. All Paris has to say is "I want it" and it's hers. Yes she did do it on her own, but she needs to admit that her parents did help in some way.

May 30, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

I hear what you are saying but if presented with such opportunities for VAST income, who wouldn't take the opportunity, right? I agree with you that her name brought on the income as it presented her with the opportunities.
      I think of stuff, too, like this past year when someone broke into her house carrying a knife. That is creepy stuff and something also brought on by her name.
      I would skip that any day of the week. It is sure intersting, though!

May 30, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. beth

She is no longer really a heiress as the Grandfather left all the money to the charitable foundation. Likely in part because of her behavior and her parents partying lifestyle. No substance.

May 30, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |