Ashton Kutcher partners with travel site Airbnb
May 30th, 2011

Ashton Kutcher partners with travel site Airbnb

Ashton Kutcher, travel agent? Well, sort of. The model turned actor has just become an investor in Airbnb, a start-up that helps budget-conscious travelers find lodging anywhere from an apartment to a houseboat to a castle, according to the L.A. Times.

"For many, Ashton Kutcher is an actor and heart throb, but in the tech scene he's made his mark as a branding and new media expert with an eye for great ideas and a fearless approach to new markets," Airbnb said in a blog post. "To the Airbnb team, he is more than an icon—he is now our ally and trusted advisor."

Kutcher is already an investor in Skype, Foursquare, the Path photo-sharing app and the iPad news-reading app Flipboard. According to the New York Times, he should have no trouble raising awareness of Airbnb among his 6.8 million Twitter followers and 9.7 million Facebook fans.

For his part, the new "Two and a Half Men" star found Airbnb appealing because it allows users to review both lodging and lodgers.

"It’s moving social trust into commerce," he told the NY Times. "Your home is a very private place, so building trust around turning that into a consumer offering is unlike any other site."

1. gems in singapore

It's really a cool and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

August 4, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sydney restaurants

Wow, awesome blog layout! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you made running a blog glance easy. The entire look of your web site is magnificent, let alone the content!

April 23, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. Facebook Buys Instagram

hi!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we keep in touch extra approximately your article on AOL? I require an expert in this space to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

April 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MJ

Have you seen the celebs being voted on to go into Space? Check out http://www.tripalertz.com/celeb2space. Vote by 6/21 and maybe win a trip to Space too!

June 3, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. The Brown Derby in the middle of the room

Ashton takes his mom with him everywhere. What a fine young man.

June 3, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jay

Another 5 years and Ashton Kutcher will accompany his grandma to social events like the Oscars, Tonys, Emmys and movie premiers.

June 1, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Min

that's strange, I thought Kutcher would have been intereted in investing in the more seasoned, mature types of......companies. duh

May 31, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. charlie crack

@peace-much thanks for the motivation! You and BV be good and have a great day!

May 31, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rock

Does he actuallty pay someone to do his hair or does he not even look at it? I envy him for getting to grab at Mila Kunis but thats about it.

May 31, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. Peace

Hey Charlie! I think I'll keep 'em & make her stay in Oz! She obviously has never been taught to share! Do well in school, we need GOOD peeps in health care! I don't like those old, crotchety nurses! Have a good one !

May 31, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. charlie crack

Hey @beautiful vixen, and @peace! BV you're right, and it made me laugh first thing in the morning! (go to class, you made me laugh all the way to campus. Nursing school blahhhh). @peace- keep her shoes or she can tell toto to pick em' up on that bike they flew off on! Oh, @brandie- Carrie "Underwear" oops....Underwood is so HOT who cares if she can sing.

May 31, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. Peace

Fed ex, my @ss! I'm keeping them! I think I'll sell them to the wicked witch of the west! She wanted them anyways! Lol Isn't school just about over for you? You tell your teacher to join the blog, we'll teach her not to make you mad!!! Ha ha Good day to ya!

May 31, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Beautiful Vixen

Good morning Charlie and Peace! Charlie, yes people get too serious on these blogs. We need to teach them how to laugh and stop taking things so serious all the time. Peace, I'm glad you smacked the little brat. She thinks she is all that with her red shoes. Maybe you can Fedex them back to her. I'm tired from my w/end and I don't think I want to go to class tonight. I'm not in learning mode and my teacher p!s$ed me off last week. Well enjoy the day both of you and try and keep out of trouble. Later :)

May 31, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. brandie

I know i am on the wrong blog, but has anyone noticed how fake, fake, fake carrie underwood looks. she can and
    mae about 2 good songs. but has success went to her head ot not. Remember when she first came on American
    Idol. I would said she is very boring to be with, she would be ty type to say my corn is touching my bread,
    you know. Timberlake he is a joke to. Doesn't cameron Diaz look I mean really like trash.

May 31, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

Hey BV! I did leave pony forest, I ended up in the haunted forest from wiz of oz. Found Dorothy & she wouldn't give me her slippers to get home! Brat!! So I had to smack her & steal them. I clicked 3 times & got home. What a holiday w/e!! So that's what hap'd to me.LOL Have good day!!!

May 31, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. charlie crack

@beautiful vixen- you are a trip. Lmao. You guys crack me up.....im a guy but, I dont care who you are thats funny.

May 31, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  17. Climb Kilimanjaro

Thanks for sharing the valuable piece of note..! ! ! helpful. . . .

May 31, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  18. rizvi

old female horse with new scarf , and with stupid donkey

May 31, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. Beautiful Vixen

@Peace..w t f happened to you.? Last I heard you were told to turn around and walk out of the (what was the name of the forest..in pony land)..lmao! Anyway, want to make a sandwich out of Ashton? I'm sure we can teach him a few more things and maybe leave our teeth marks on each check..smiles. All in fun :) . night now.

May 30, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. RusTnuts

Ahhh...how cute, he brought his mom.

May 30, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Peace

He's def not hurting for anything, that's for sure! BV, you are too funny!!! Lol. :)

May 30, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. alli

r u kidding me? Aston hit the jackpot. Demi was a successful producer with many hit movies to show..She had just divorced action guy. He hit the jackpit not her..

May 30, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. See the flash?

You go girl!!
    Trips away.....

May 30, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Uhhh Huh!

Demi sure hit he jackpot with this one!

May 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |