'My Little Pony' parodies Katy Perry
May 29th, 2011

'My Little Pony' parodies Katy Perry

If you're not 7, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" re-boot - an animated series on the Hub network entitled "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

But if you grew up on the 80s, you probably remember the "My Little Pony & Friends" theme song lyrics: "My Little Pony, My Little Pony, what will today's adventure be... ."

Well hold your horses! Because the all-new herd of ponies has put together a music video parody of Katy Perry's "California Gurls" with original lyrics, and sung by the ponies themselves.

The lyrics lovingly satirize Perry's song, and some of our favorite lines are, "There is a place where the grass is what's for dinner," and "You could travel the world, but no one can groove like the girls with the hooves."

Did you grow up with "My Little Pony"?

Post by:
Filed under: Katy Perry • Music • television

1. boo? Katy will be there soon...

eye doc!!!

March 12, 2013 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. rf3kzw

Oclljsbw Ohcwvc insanity workout review Anpdvikk Dyszt http://insanityworkoutfree.webeden.co.uk
    Ynissddma Uncswrbfd borse louis vuitton prezzi Gacgyu Qsbvry http://borselouisvuittonit.moonfruit.com

March 12, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. she wants too snoop

but does not want me around.....get the drift ladies?

January 24, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. social exposure

Normally I do not learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.

September 21, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Stock Investments

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i am happy to show that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot for sure will make sure to do not disregard this site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.

July 27, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOURBON EXPERT

TELL SKIPPY THAT YOU ARE SINGING LIKE A FKING CANARY TO EVERYONE...

January 24, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lol

"If you're not 7 there's a good chance you haven't heard of the latest 'My Little Pony' re-boot," eh?

*Snicker.*

May 20, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kawaii Senpai

IMMA PEGASIS!!!! WHOOO GO MLP!!! I LOVE FLUTTERSHY!!!

April 11, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. facebook fan

hello there and thanks in your information ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did then again expertise several technical points the usage of this website, since I experienced to reload the web site many occasions prior to I may get it to load correctly. I were wondering if your hosting is OK? Now not that I'm complaining, however slow loading instances instances will sometimes impact your placement in google and could harm your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm including this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you replace this again very soon..

April 3, 2012 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ainbo Rash

"If you're not 7..."
    The first thing I said was "Seven? You mean seventeen!"

February 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pharmd920

Hello! keckegd interesting keckegd site! I'm really like it! Very, very keckegd good!

December 29, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Adam

As a 25 year old Male, I love this show.. I even got my 27 year old girlfriend to watch and like it.. Now we watch it together every Saturday morning! It has helped bring us closer together.

November 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Andi Erickson

I think she must be pretty talented vocally if she started as a gospel singer. All I have to say I can't wait to get my Katy Perry tickets in the mail!

September 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. DERPY hooves

:lol: no CNN I beg you to research before you post or report

August 2, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. Madalin

Thay said words like "brony" and "DJ PON-3" .
    Fans can make a difference!

~Sorry for bad english

July 25, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. M the Gate

This report's beginning is incorrect. It should read "Unless you haven't been on the internet"

July 3, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  16. wayne martin

looking for a good Independence day playlist? like katy perry? here you go http://bit.ly/izCf1M

July 1, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bronie - Griallia

"If you're not 7, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" "

Yeah... 300+ comments. Nobody heard about this all.

June 23, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  18. Canid

In other news today Cowboy Bebop was at his computer...

June 5, 2011 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Lucy Moonbeam

Hahahaha, I know! I got here by the 'Did Not Do The Research' bullet on the FiM page.

I'm a 16-year old female troper and I LOVE THIS SHOW. I actually carry a Fluttershy in my bag with my DS and PSP.

July 8, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. Starlight Ironhoof

I'm 25, male and like ponies (along with many others my age). CNN, I am disappoint in your lack of journalistic research.

June 1, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. NyanNyan

36 year old female here who grew up with the toys and old cartoons. I can't get enough of the new series. The animation is fantastic, the characters are cute and lovable, the humor has plenty of loving tributes to old Warner Brothers cartoons.... Need I go on? If you're reading this, you NEED to watch this show!!!

June 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Wicked

7? Hah! I'm 21 and most of this fanbase is 18-25 year old guys. Did you miss the part about "bronies," CNN?

June 1, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Comi

ITT: lots of bronies !

June 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Summer Shine

dear rainbow dash
    YOU GO UNBLOCK ME ON TWITTER NOW!
    I SAID NOW!
    I'M YOUR #1 FAN!
    DO IT NOW!
    luv
    Summer

PS: Sorry about the hard feeling

June 1, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ahuman

So I have a question.... I have a 4-year-old daughter and when I saw the teaser about the video I thought 'well she has to watch this show now!' although with all the comments to the story about the older male demographic.... would a four year old girl really like/understand/get this show?

May 31, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yet Another Brony

Absolutely. That's what makes the show so great; it can be enjoyed by anyone, which is pretty much what Lauren Faust was intending.

May 31, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dr Evil

I like Katy Perry's pair o' D's.

May 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. ilovekatty!

omg i love her soooooo much!! ahaha

May 31, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Carlos Koopa

This is a good article but they got the facts wrong about the viewers.

May 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. tina brown

that was very nice!

May 31, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Faithful Student

does CNN even check these chats? you'd think that they would tell us if they would do some follow up story. i mean, they are really missing out if they don't listen to not only the bronies, but people in general.

May 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mahna Mahna

What.. is... this? Did I miss something in the past 26 years? Powerpuff ponies?

May 31, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. Meh

It looks like the kids show 'My Little Cow' should have been the one to do a parody....look at those udders – not that i wouldnt mind wobbling them around for a few hours

May 31, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  32. toye

I would like to know what a bronie is Its interesting

May 31, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  33. dee de dee

Brony=gay. As in man on man action. If you're male and like My Little Pony, then you probably like being the catcher as well.

May 31, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

not gay, sorry to disappoint you :(

May 31, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Starlight Ironhoof

Actually, I'm a pretty big metal head...really into extreme, death, viking, power and thrash metal...Your point is invalid. Ponies are metal.

Wait, then again Rob Halford is metal and he does like at least either pitching or catching........

June 1, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Meteor Metal

I actually got my 10 year old sister to watch this show. Mostly because I needed a cover for watching it on the family tv in glorious HD. Amazingly, and I was legitimately surprised when she actually liked the show too. It was a learning experience to both of us when she found out that men like me liked the show, and how the internet took to it. I learned that the show is indeed popular with little girls.

May 31, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  35. SG

Checking in, 22 year old male. Big fan of hot women, fast cars, football, action movies, rock music etc. I initially resisted the show because.. well obviously one would assume it's a little girl show based on the history of the series. I was no different. After watching a few very well done parodies and music videos, I decided to give it a chance and now I can't stop. The art style and visuals are great, the characters are very well written and the show is entertaining. The online community following has probably some of the most creative people around. Yeah it's a little embarrassing though because a lot of people probably won't give it a chance and will likely be prejudice against those that like it but hopefully it will become a little more mainstream and acceptable to those that don't understand it.

May 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AnonymousPony

"If you're not 7..."
    Screw you CNN. We all know how incapable you guys are about making accurate news reports about the world, but COME ON. This is the INTERNET. Get your head out of your ass for once and take a look at what is really going on.
    The newest generation of the My Little Pony franchise is currently being adored by many fans across the globe. Believe it or not, at least 70% of the show's fans are males, ranging from ages 13 through mid 40s. Do some damn research before you just post dumb crap about an awesome show.And I also find it hard to believe that you guys found the Equestria Girls song and realized it was a parody, but didn't even REALIZE what reception the show's getting. You guys SUCK at news reports.

May 30, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

settle down bro, it's only a small issue with the article :)

May 31, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  37. RusTnuts

This Katy needs to get f..'d hard and the worst way. Come on Russel what are you doing, get it done.

May 30, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. feather

dear Katie McLaughlin;

visit the internet. we have ponies.

the show has a large following of 18+ males. and Lauren Faust, the show's creator, knows it well.

May 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  39. feather

dear Katie McLaughlin;

visit the internet. we have ponies.

May 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Alien

Absolutely shocked by all the snarky responses from BOTH sides on this article. There's a diffence between 'fan base' and 'target demographic,' and any publicity for the show will most likely go for target demographic, those seven year old girls. That doesn't give us older pony fans the right to complain over misrepresentation, as, when considering the marketing angle, we aren't represented (the shoutout in the video is still awesome though).

On the other side of things, can't we be fans and like things regardless of it's intended audience? The fact that My Little Pony is loved by people up to (and possibly upwards) of 50 is an impressive feat. If you're not a fan, give a nod toward that fact and move on. I don't hate on you for not liking the show, please don't hate on me.

On a personal not to end this reply... I'm a 26 year old female fan, and I'm just happy to see a television cartoon that's well done and appealing! After going to school for animation, I've been disillusioned over seeing all the low budget, half thought out shows being made for younger kids. I thought My Little Pony was a lovely breath of fresh air in that arena.

May 30, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Doodlebug

My Little Pony continues its epic sweep across the Internet!

May 30, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Turboski

I'm a 26 year old male and I like this show.

May 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Cory

"If you're not 7"?!?

Try 16-25!

Fluttershy forever!

May 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  44. RBD FAN

Lol come on CNN, at least get your facts stright!

May 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. TEACH

pony people are just naamblla wannabes

May 30, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  46. TEACH

As a middle school teacher with over 20 years of experience I always urge my students to seek out broownies and whup the tar out of them. I know the history of the broownies. They are an offshoot of NAAAMMBLL
    AA and THE INTERNATIOPNAL BROTHERHOOD OF FUDJPACKERS UNION. LOCAL 715.

May 30, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Torchlight

I think they'd make sure you could spell fudge at least before being accepted into a middle school. But you know, that's just my logic speaking. Bronies forever.

May 30, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

someone's been commenting while drunk, lol :P

May 31, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  47. SCOOBA

I actually just watched the first two episodes to see what was wrong with you guys and I have to say...I think i'm a fan now. Sorry for being so intolerant towards the pony people. <3

May 30, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  48. Simon Belmont Ave.

Oh look, 4chan raiding the comments of an article that mentions MLP and insists that it's amazingly successful and popular despite mediocre ratings. Just because 4chan made the show an internet meme doesn't really mean people outside of it care, guys.

May 30, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Anonpony

After scouring the internet I've been unable to find these 'mediocre ratings'. IMDB gives a score of 8.9, and Hub viewership has shot up since the series started. Also the whole point of the video is Hasbro's way of saying that they do care about their fans.

May 30, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

Eh? I might be a brony, but I'm not from 4chan. I don't think many of us are :/

May 31, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  49. Red Pison

Furries and some Anons like this show too. Disgusting.

May 30, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

I think furries and Anons can like a lot of things; that doesn't reflect on the subject matter. Me, I'm a perfectly normal 18yo guy

May 31, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  50. anonybronymous

Thx cnn for spreading a bit of friendship and magic. Usually you don't have much positive to tell.

May 30, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  51. FinnBrony

These comments are pure gold! CNN, please take notice. I am myself 17 years old, male, study in High School and a "Brony", that is, an older male fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

May 30, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  52. Brony M

Don't worry SCOOBA. The Bronies are used to pathetic, insecure little men coming out the woodwork to shout gay etc, at the first sign of men admitting to liking anything cute. You guys give us much lulz and we pity you, but most of all we LOVE and TOLERATE you <3

You are one of a dying breed of no necks who believes you can catch 'teh gay' from wearing a pink shirt. Your kind should be preserved in a zoo or something as a warning to future generations ^_^

May 30, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  53. SCOOBA

It really sounds like there is just 1 or 2 socalled broownies and they are posting here hundreds of times each. Surely there arent this many naaambbllaa members. Instead of watchig a gaaaayy cartoon they need to fook up and cooornhoole each other.

May 30, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Why you guys failed to stop the pony hordes:
      -failure to innovate new tactics
      -failure to do proper recon
      -failure to infiltrate
      -failure to maintain the espirit de corps the bronies could
      -failure to keep your own from joining the other side
      -failure to properly organize

May 30, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • somepony

@scoota
      Looks like SOMEPONY hasn't done their reseeeearch ;)

May 30, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  54. SCOOBA

Im celebration of Memorial Day we are grilling out some ground MLP burgers. Since these ponies are so snall we had to grind up all of your favorite ones. We will serve them to all the gaayboyz in the neighborhood. Gaayboyz like eating these with their diareah milkshakes.

May 30, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  55. OMG!!

Yes creepy..lmao! This blog is full of g@y litte boys and even grown men.

May 30, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  56. Twintastic

This is really creepy. Seriously?????

May 30, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
    • You're going to love me

People like things. Deal with it

What do you like? Whatever it is, I'll go ahead and say it's creepy because I don't understand it

May 30, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  57. Beautiful Vixen

Good morning all :) ! What is this all about? It seems that I am missing out on a good show and seeing that all you guys like this show, I would like to check it out. When does it come on (channel, day and time)? @Peace, hi girl ! How is your w/end so far? I feel like a lost rabbit. I don't know about this show. I always thought it was a cartoon for kids and that it was would be something like the care bears. I really would like to check it out. Have a nice day :)

May 30, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Yet Another Brony

You can see the schedule on the hub at http://www.hubworld.com/tv-schedule
      Or you can see the episodes online at http://www.youtube.com/user/pensivepony?blend=1&ob=5

May 30, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  58. The Clinger

I wasn't going to, but everyone else already has. 19 year old male brony reporting in. Thank you for spreading the word of this song and show on your blog. By now you have already heard of the large periphery demographic of the show, which includes ages other than the intended target audience, including myself, so I won't go into further detail. Have a wonderful day!

May 30, 2011 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  59. Epicplatypus

I am 19 years old and in the United States army

And I LOVE my little pony friendship is magic

May 30, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  60. Yahooeny

Guyyyyys... This is a blog, not actual CNN!
    (Before a rant that people still believe cartoons are for kids...) I am a male and I am proud to love My Little Pony- Friendship is Magic.
    You probably get it by now (or you don't because PR bullcrap refrains you from reading comments on your own blog) that the most vocal group of fans are males in the 16-35 range. (Though I'm slightly younger than that)
    Of course, it's not like you actually bothered research on this totally-not-a-story. You just thought it was pretty neat and stuff. Just, remember for future purposes that there is ALWAYS a peripheral demographic that is way more vocal than it's target audience (other examples include Invader Zim, Power Rangers, Transformers, Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, and so much more).
    Come on, bronies! Let's stop bothering her!

May 30, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  61. Andrew

Coming from a 16 year old male from New Zealand: This show is awesome.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a 7 year old girl, but this show really appeals to me, there's something about Rainbow Dash, she's just too cool.

May 30, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  62. Generic Person

Just pointing this out, the show's actually popular more with adult men than 7 year old girls.

May 30, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  63. Mister Jane Doe

If CNN makes Bronies look like peadophiles then you must TOLERATE! Sun Tzu said that! And I'd say that he knows a little more about tolerating than you do pal, 'cuz he invented it.

May 30, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

And from that day forward, whenever a bunch of bronies are together in one place, it's called a herd!

May 31, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • REDSoldier

UNLESS IT'S IN PONYVILLE!

July 29, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  64. Lachlan

You know who else likes ponies? Hitler. No seriously, look it up on youtube.

May 30, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Another Brony lolwut

You've wandered into Equestria. Just turn around and go back through the everfree forest from which you came.

Nothing to see, here move along.

May 30, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Cory

Well of course he does, who can resist the ponies?

May 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Peace

OMG!!! Beautiful Vixen & Sunshine Girl, Are you 2 reading these??? I feel like I'm in a foreign land! What the "hail"???

May 30, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • You're going to love me

This is what happens when a major news website posts about a show with a huge cult following on the internet

Here's the deal:
      This new MLP series is made. It's actually really good, unlike previous generations. Show begins to reel in a huge following on the internet amongst college males, likely due to the irony of a MLP show being good. Fanbase then calls themselves "bronies". The Hub TV network recognizes this and produces a promo spot mentioning "bronies" as a way of saying "Hey guys. We know you're out there. Thanks for watching and supporting us". CNN finds promo and posts it on their blog. Blog writer mentions 7 year olds because it's freaking My Little Pony and why would anyone think otherwise. Insecure and whiny fans comment. Hilarity and creepiness ensues

As with any internet fanbase, things can get creepy and weird, as what some idiots are displaying here. These may be the vocal majority, but I assure you we are all not like this. I just watch the show because it's cute and fun. A nice way of letting your brain go after a long day. Plus, it's fun show to watch with my niece and nephew that doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out.

Again, I apologize for what's going on here. You guys can have your blog back.

May 30, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  66. sugarcrush

NO GUYS I THINK CNN IS ON TO SOMETHING HERE!!!
    secretly....we are all...7 years old.

May 30, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  67. Yet another brony

Why are all of these comments blaming CNN for not doing the research? People are getting a little too worked up and it comes across as a little creepy. It certainly won't give CNN a good first impression of bronies.

May 29, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Carlos Koopa

Bronies win.

May 29, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. sue

People please look at the outfit Katy is wearing. This has nothing to do with a 7 year old's cartoon. Can't these singers make money without involving little kids cartoons. Let these kids stay innocent until after their 13th birthday at least.

May 29, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • pONY

Well Katy Perry didn't sing the pony version. She didn't appear in the video either. There is nothing innapropriate for children in the parody the article is talking about, even though it was made as a shout out to older fans. So I wouldn't be worried about it.

May 30, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  70. Sterling Aceto

Are you kidding me? Seven years old?
    CNN.... Read up on your facts first...
    Have you heard the word 'Brony' before?
    I am most definably above the age of seven and enjoy the show even more than any seven year old could.
    That is a guarantee!

May 29, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Tom C

*brohoof*

May 29, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  72. PeanutButterDimond

Another brony from ponychan here. CNN, while you may have made a very dumb mistake, it's great that you posted and spread the show. it's such a great show. I am a male and I love the hell out of this show. The writing is fantastic, the animation is smooth, and the characters are relateable. The morals also are important for people of all ages.

the bronies are huge. they are the most unique and diverse fanbase ever. yet they are the closest. this video is The hub's way of saying "Thank you", and letting us know that they know of us.

May 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  73. abrony

OMG, fantastic! FiM needs to be known by more people.

May 29, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Filiecs

This is great!
    I can understand CNN for jumping to conclusions but perhaps we might get known in the world because of this. Perhaps Sethiso or Lauren will end up on CNN!

First CNN, next the WORLD!

May 29, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  75. CaoCao

I think a major draw of the community is how easy it is to produce original material. It's not hard to draw ponies, so you've got comics and funny pictures all over the place. That was what really drew me into the show.

Personally I don't like being lumped in with the "this is a great community and go to ponychan for love and tolerance" people, since frankly that's all nonsensical tripe to me. It's not as if getting along and being friendly is a revolutionary new philosophy everyone has to see first hand – and most of those people forget the copius amounts of unsavory material that's generated from the anonymous nature of the image boards. If I'd recommend directing anyone anywhere, it would be to Equestria Daily, because that's a major hub of the fanbase and it's well-moderated. All the quality pony enteretainment congeals there.

May 29, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Chiyo

haha!
    >mfw I actually recognize some of the names on here from Ponychan. Anyway, everything I have to say has already been said. I just want to say that I'm loving this fandom so much. Yay ponies!

May 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Possum Power

I don't blame you, CNN, but apology muffins would be appreciated.

May 29, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Natty Bumpo

Ah well, the system denied my post attempt... which is upsetting, as it took more than half an hour to write. But I suppose it boils down to this; most of the people trolling at the fans haven't even seen the show. You can't form a valid opinion about something without knowing about it first. Give the show a try; while the primary targets are young children, there are at least a few jokes in there kids shouldn't get; "An Egghead's Guide to Running" and "They spiked the punch" spring to mind. Yes, it has problems, which include excessive horse puns and that it's a musical. But there are a lot of good stories in there, and good jokes too. Add to that the fanbase (the normal people, not the shippers/grimdark writers,) and you have a pretty sweet deal. Yes, it's ponies. Yes, it's aimed at little girls. Yes, it is one of the best shows to run on television in the past three years; this coming from a guy who watches Mythbusters and Human Target. Give the show a chance, watch an episode or two. (Common recommendations are 9 and 13.) We're not asking you to like it, we're just asking you to give it a chance.

May 29, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another Brony lolwut

Wait...you put the music as a problem? but the music is great!

May 29, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natty Bumpo

I agree that the music can actually be somewhat entertaining; I have 8-bit remakes of most songs on my MP3 player. However, the lyrics can be somewhat grating, especially to new viewers. If someone went into the show not knowing about that, it could scare them away pretty quickly. That was my motivation for saying that.

May 29, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Haz

Sigh, so close, yet so far.

Better luck next time, fellow Bronies.

May 29, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Another Brony lolwut

*CNN Posts pony video*

*Equestria daily sees it*

*Cue Brony Storm*

Well, i saw this coming.

May 29, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Top 20 Coolness-percentile

27-year-old, adding another brohoof to the giant group brohoof going on.

May 29, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Kruger

19 years old, going on 20. Proud to be a Brony. Love being a part of the herd.

May 29, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Cookies (Proud Brony)

Proud Female Brony here! I'd LIke if CNN would do their research better, such as look at the demographics on the videos, or even look on EQ or Ponychan

But even though you derped CNN, You are still welcome in our large herd :D

May 29, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  84. haganbmj

19 year old male, proud to be a Brony.
    CNN certainly didn't check the facts on this show – the average fan on the internet is male and much older than 7...

Good poll there on stats regarding the fanbase.
    Highlights: 85.07% Male, 31.37% Between 18 and 20, only 1.17% Below 13.

May 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Urdnot Wrex

Shepard.

May 29, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Birdypwner

17, Male, and proud to be a Brony!

Most of us in the fandom are not what you'd expect to be like, considering most of us are guys who are 13 and older watching a show for little girls

May 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Commander Shepard

I am Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite show in the galaxy!

May 29, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Ron

19 year old Asian Brony reporting in. Love guns, shooter games and computers. Now, Ponies.

Lauren Faust has created a show which has became a huge internet phenomena/culture (in 10 seconds flat). Not many shows can do that. From all the cartoons which I've watched on Disney, CN and Nick, somehow MLP has managed to capture me and drag me into following it and researching it deeper. Which brought me to the brony community and all its awesomeness.

I'm really glad and lucky to be part of this community. Not many here enjoy this show, but I'm just happy there are many out there who are still holding strong to these ponies. Brohoofs to all of you bronies out there. Tolerate & Love people!

May 29, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Mike

I am a 17 year old male and this is the best show ever!

May 29, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. RebeccaRGB

24-year-old female pony fan here! Hi from the tertiary demographic!

CNN refused to post my previous comment, even though they say they're not pre-screened; too many caps, maybe? :/

May 29, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Richfiles

Adult male, just shy of 32, and I love ponies!

The show is genuinely good! Like Lauren Faust has stated in the past, her target audience isn't just little girls, but the whole family. Why create a show that only entertains a small demographic, little girls, when you can create something that the whole family can enjoy together. I don't have kids myself, but this is a show I'd proudly watch with my family, if I were to ever have one. I suspect that If my brother got The Hub, that him and his 2 girls and his son could all sit in front of the TV and enjoy this together... as a family!

These days, when everyone seems to have a personal TV in their bedrooms, and no one sits together as a family anymore, why CAN'T we have MORE shows like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"!

MLP:FiM's target demographic is the human race. The WHOLE THING!

As to those who dis the show and it's fans... Well, you don't have to like it. No one is forcing you, but it's pretty sad to see people wishing ill will against another person for the horrid crime of... liking something you don't care for. REALLY!!! The trolls can always be ignored. We will love and tolerate the ship out of you! :)

As for the uninformed... aka CNN...

I half suspect that the people who did the reporting never had an inclination that such a fanbase would even potentially exist. Bronies, cut CNN some slack. If you had never seen MLP and were told that My Little Pony parodied a well known Katy Perry song, would you think to check the demographics of the TV show, or simply report on the parody for it's face entertainment value. I don't blame you. Every news station has to have it's "cute kittens and puppies" piece. With all the bad that happens in the world, it's a true wonder CNN found the time for this. Thank God they did. Maybe if more people watched this show, people might mellow down a bit and maybe CNN would have the time to put more good news up.

Epic win on the animators, giving props to the fans! All us Bronies love y'all too!

May 29, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  92. And Another One

Oh CNN, you have no idea what you just stired up.

Another 23yo brony reporting in *brohoof*

May 29, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Anonymous

Guys...seriously...chill. If you or I were told to report on something we weren't personaly involved in, we wouldn't be "in the know" to fully embrace everything, either. Researching and first hand experience are two very different things ya know.

Yes please. I like the show and it's great the ad got some publicity. Don't turn people off.

May 29, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lord Edward

1. Lack of research gives CNN a bad reputation.
      2. We do not need publicity if it is negative.

May 29, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • BroniesForever at Facebook

I agree, its not worth if its bad rep.

May 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Panda

Um... Who took the My Little Ponies we grew up with out back and shot them? This is murder

May 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • pONY

I respect your opinion. However if you have not seriously watched much Friendship is Magic, I strongly encourage you to do so.

May 29, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shoop

Somepony who knows how to make a good show, that's who!

May 30, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  95. Mooshi

Anywho, yes. Friendship is Magic is really popular outside the target audience. It's both scary and awesome at the same time! I'm 23, male, love women, fast cars and other things typical of my age and yet I adore this cartoon. Keep in mind I still roll my eyes at the other gens because of how cheesy and girly they come off. Not just girly, but insulting to girls girly. G4 is like a vibrant wonderful thing whilst the previous gens follow a generic "girls cartoon" formula..bleh. What gives FiM its appeal is the fact it takes cartooning back to the good days when a cartoon wasn't a 30 min long comercial or trying way too hard to be "hip". It's a geniune fun show that can be enjoyed by all ages. Something like that is rare these days.

May 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  96. ROfLmao

I think it's funny that you attacked OMG. you ppl have be on this blog talking about this little pony nonesense when he only speaks the truth. Good gosh ppl, did you even go outside today, visit friends, have cookouts etc? I agree with OMG that you kill yourselves bc you seem to just a waste of space. Oh that's right you don't have friends bc who wants to be friends with guys who watch this girly s***.

May 29, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sageling

Cool story, bro!

May 29, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richfiles

Hmm. Spent time outside (No sun, it's overcast, but close as possible). Hung out with my father, his wife, my youngest brother, his wife, his kids, and my other brothers kids (he was working, they were babysitting) outside. We chilled, talked, had fun. I went to my workshop, where I build medical components for Medtronic, cause I have a job. Last night I bought a PS3 Move Sharpshooter for a friend... just because I saw it and knew he was wanting one, and his birthday was coming up soon. Gave it to him as an early gift. Watched him pwn noobs on PSN. Many laughs were had. Oh yeah, and I'm a Brony. I guess my life is pretty sad, or something... I pick or something! Peace and ponies to you ROFLmao!

May 29, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • BroniesForever at Facebook

Yup this comment is a typical CNN Headline with accurate research as we can see.

May 29, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • HardbeatAcolyte

riveting tale, chap

May 31, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  97. The Mad R@p3r

I saw the best trolls of my generation destroyed by ponies, starving hysterical mad, dragging themselves through the equestrian streets at winter wrap up looking for an angry fix

May 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Anonymous

The lack of research, makes me doubt the rest of the stuff CNN has reported on ever.

May 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • pONY

Well, fundamentally this is an article about the video, not the fandom. So I'm pretty sure that this doesn't tarnish CNNs reputation that much. We should just be glad that the show is getting some publicity.

May 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Rainbow Dash

14-year-old (going on 15) male who watches MLP:FiM with pride and converts as many of his friends as he scares, reporting in.
    What? This isn't role call? It sure seems like it.

May 29, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  100. HyperBrony

28 year old Brony here. I'd just like to thank CNN for posting such an awesome video.

May 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Tasrill

Look Bronies there is only one solution to this. We have to make pony versions of Katie McLaughlin and the rest of the CNN. Nothing says love and tolerating like looking at your pony self :D

May 29, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  102. jefflee

"If you're not 7, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" re-boot"
    prepare to be surprised.

May 29, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Anonymous

Wasn't expecting this to get any sort of coverage outside of the MLP fanbase. How pleasant.

May 29, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Anonymous

Too young to recall MLP in the 80's; all I have are YouTube clips, so I don't have the nostalgia filter keeping me from realizing that the old cartoons were pretty terrible compared to what Faust and the rest of the FiM cast has done to improve the show and make it more accessible to all ages.

May 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Somepony

Average comment density is around twenty for this section of CNN. We're approaching 200.

>mfw Katie McLaughlin sees this
    >reaction.jpg

May 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  106. TS

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that acting without all the facts can cause upset and hard feelings to those around you. Even then though your friends will be willing to point you right in the spirit of true understanding and friendship.

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle

May 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Rad

Oh awesome, I love Friendship is Magic.
    -looks at comment section-
    Oh awesome, I love infighting on the internet.

May 29, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  108. I want pizza

You guys are doing more harm than good here...

You guys are coming across very creepy and obsessed

May 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperBronie

Its ok, we still love you!

May 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Creepy and obsessed is pretty much the norm over here on the cnn blogs. Still surprised none of the usual suspects have posted something about smearing ponies with poo.

May 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Atlas

Nice job spamming the same thing over and over. I think they got the message. This Is an article on the parody, not the entire fanbase of the show. You guys aren't making the us look very good imho.

May 29, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Brony 4 life

I'm a 39 year old male brony i've printed out pictures of all the characters and they're framed on my bedroom wall. This shw is for children of ALL ages.

May 29, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Emil Björnfot

Correction: If you're not an 18+ Male, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" re-boot

I should know, for I am an 18 year old guy who loves friendship is magic.

May 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Whelp

CNN.

I love and tolerate you.

But only just.

This is unacceptable.

May 29, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Poppy

Creepy manchildren latching onto a cartoon made for infant girls? No no it's really not that creepy, then again you get used to it /co/ on 4chan is one such hub of would be paedophiles if they ever left their parents basements.

May 29, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whelp

Somepony needs to be about 20 % nicer.

May 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

Interestingly, Faust has addressed comments like that before. http://i.imgur.com/tFs93.jpg

May 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

Yeah, so creepy the channel that broadcast this addressed us as their "favourite fans". So creepy they put in shout-outs to us in this very commercial.

May 29, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Research would be 20% cooler

You know, the TARGET is young females, but Faust jumped on the show to create it for the ENTIRE FAMILY. She is thrilled by the fact that men, teenage-adult men, are loving the show.

I for one am proud to be a brony. Female and 19, out of a group of TEN 18-20 year old men, that share a LOVE for this show.

May 29, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Acoustic Brony

I'm 18 and I'm proud to be a brony. The main fanbase of Friendship is Magic consists of 16-26 year old males and the lyrics "bronies" and "DJ PON-3" both refer to this demographic who coined the terms.

CNN, do your homework before thinking the new series is anything like the My Little Pony of the past.

May 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Somepony

It's hilarious how the article links the video with almost 1500 commentaries on it, and still didn't get which part of the sizable audience was addressed in it.

May 29, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Somepony

To be entirely fair, I dunno about the 16- 30 years old age group being MLP's main audience. MLP':FiMs originally ludicrous timeslot aside, I don't think we actually have viewership statistics that aren't from YouTube and it's inherent sample bias.

We're a large crowd, sure – low sixtuple digits, I guess? – but I wouldn't go so far as to say we're the majority.

May 29, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Lazarus

You guys didn't even have to do research you just had to look at other peoples research.

May 29, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  118. JoeBrony

28 year old brony here... Love the show!

May 29, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Grass4Dinner

17 year old Brony reporting in. Even though the research sucks, it's nice to mentioned. Thank you CNN and The Hub.

May 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Sedaheht

I am not 7 and what is this.

Nah just kidding, totally a brony. Really enjoyed the parody. I think I'll enjoy it again right away, and then again afterwards.

May 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Older Brony

I know what you mean! I can't stop re-watching that video! It makes me ridiculously happy! I love a show that loves its fans back!

May 29, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  121. The Mad R@p3r

I'd love to see the look on the face of the blogger who posted this when she reads all this. If you're reading this katie, please post a reaction vid on youtube, then here.

May 29, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  122. BronyTest

by url http://youtu.be/_Uv6XLHJYL8
    Embedd video iframe? [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uv6XLHJYL8&w=560&h=349]
    Embedd object video

May 29, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Cdrop

Yeah, have to agree with everypony else, this is just bad reporting.

Brony = *Adult Males = 18+ (13~16+ in some countries) (However many people just seem to use it interchangeably for any Male fan.)

Which well I'm not sure how much of the total fan base we make up (Me:24) I'm pretty sure it's the larger percent.
    and yes we did get get Equestra girl early on our favorite fan site.

Thanks for the fan love HUB!

May 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Older Brony

And older still! Someone else on this board posted that they know a 37 year-old brony, and I am 42! No real mystery here, I don't follow the dictates of the crowd who tell me what shows I'm supposed to like... I've loved cartoons all my life, from Tom & Jerry and Loony Tunes to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! There is no age limit on enjoying art, good storytelling or excellent animation! Take that!

May 29, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • InTheClouds

Oldest I know is my Dad, who's 50. Yeah, I kinda turned him into a brony.

November 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Lazarus

Somepony needs to screencap this.

May 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Bronyfarianism Brother

Dear CNN. We are fans of My Little Pony. We are men between the ages of 18-30 who watch and enjoy this show. Do the research on us "Bronies" and you will see how this video is addressed towards us instead of 7 year old girls.

May 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Lazarus

Hey CNN, do some research next time.

May 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Anthony Meza

Never expected a actual news channel to post about ponies

May 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Bronies

Ive seen you can post Youtube stuff, can we put images too? Researchers are SLEEP, lets post some ponies.

May 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Mat Stormy

Lulz, 7, I'm just gonna say that 90% of the people who watch this are from 16-26 year old men. Bronies forever! xD

May 29, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  130. BroniesForever Facebook

MAJOR FAIL CNN, you must do research about Bronies. We are a huge fanbase. And its like 90% are MALE between 16-35 years. Like 70% are single with no kids. The rest are girls and kids. But belive me, no youngsters as you say.
    This video was aimed to those Bronies, not kids :)
    This will be the MOST discussed TOPIC on CNN, you will see, i can garantee it.
    Greets.

May 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Fire2brony

CNN, I am a 23 year old male and I love this show. Me and others are called "Bronies" which was a fan made name for this new fandom. The music video seemed to be targeted at the large brony community. Please start doing research.

May 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Coaltacular Bronie

I'm yet another 18 year old bronie; Saying only 7 year olds watch the show is hurtful and my self esteem is plummeting CNN.

May 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  133. name

>Wow are all you guys gay? You watch this show..lmao!! This show I would think is for little girls. How many of you are hanging around dressed all in pink with pig tails?! lol

>This show I would think is for little girls.

>I would think

And then he looks it up out of curiosity

And then he joins the herd

May 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Lord Edward

As a gentleman proudly obsessed with these magnificent ponies, I demand that you refine this fiasco, since it gives the ignorant person a very inaccurate idea of the show. I am not knowledgeable in the ways of CNN, as I have never truly visited the site; however, this lack of research has caused your reputation with me, and with other bronies, to decline, whereas I could have remained neutral towards you, CNN. I advise you to aim for redemption.

May 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

Oh, shut up, you prentious rear-end. You're show has been given enough recondition.

May 29, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crimson Warning

@Testimar

Oh, look. Another parasprite who doesn't like FiM.

>you're show

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, God, that was hilarious! Come on, keep trolling, need a good laugh!

May 29, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

I like this reconditioning of the show.

May 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

1. You're not making yourself sound humble by pointing out that I don't like this show or it's fans.

2. Spelling mistakes happen. :\

May 29, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blarg

Testimar did you just come here to berate the posters in some form of damage control for the fandom? Because if you are fighting a losing battle

May 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blarg

If you don't like it why are you just attacking the fans rather than stating you don't like the show and then backing it up? Because what you are doing now is not productive

May 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Malachite

I am a mature colt and this show is legitimately the best I have ever watched in my lifetime. CNN, a little research won't hurt next time you write an article on the best show in Equestria.

On the other hoof, thanks for actually writing about this. Always great for publicity.

May 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

You know, calling yourself a colt is just going to further the furry assumptions about you guys.

May 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Schnem

Wow, first I was like: OMG, ponies on CNN!
    But man how disappointed I were after seeing the article.
    Better luck next time CNN! I hope you do some research next time.
    But I mean it's not like actually mention bronies in the video or anything.... wait they did... shame on you CNN

May 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Ace

May 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crimson Warning

>implying we listen to parasprites like you.

Have a nice day~!

May 29, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brony

Some of us are straight, some of us are gay. Some aren't either. We don't really worry about it that much to put it quite bluntly.

May 29, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

Looks like you need to taste the Magic of Friendship. Join the herd!

May 29, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

@Crimson Warning

You pretty much did listen to him.

May 29, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bronie4life

Its ok, we still love you!!

May 29, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sageling

It's okay, Ace. We'll still love and tolerate the manure out of you.

May 29, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • BronyCatz

I'm sorry you feel that way Ace

May 29, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Somepony

Haha, its okay, we dont care If you judge us.
      We know we love it, and since weve seen it, we have learned that its nothing to be ashamed of.

May 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Crimson Warning

I'll just leave this here...

May 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Older Brony

Researchers are asleep! Post ponies!

May 29, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Another Brony

Hey. Just another brony here to make our voices heard. MLP:FiM is a great show and the community is more supportive than any I've ever seen on the internet before. The commmercial indeed references us ("bronies, DJ PON-3"). Altogether, we're a fairly significant demographic. Get your facts straight, CNN.

May 29, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Anonpony

I love how Daily Equestia seems to have caused this place to be flooded by comment from bronies!

May 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Krass McWriter

Actually, majority audience is 18-25 year old males (20 here). 7 year old girls were only the intended targets.

THE MOAR YOU KNOW

May 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Timothy lay

CNN do some research for once in your life

May 29, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Muffin

PONIES!!!
    ~Muffin (19 y.o. pony fan)

May 29, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Scribus

I'm a 7 year old girl, and what are ponies?

Okay, no, I'm (yet another) male, 27, and fully aware. You're welcome to drop by sometime for more research, it's a great scene.

May 29, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Kasper the friendly pony

Mission: Invade CNN and fill it with pony.

May 29, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scrounge

At some point, we need a term for bronies who subscribe to the "flood it with ponies" mentality.

Can we call them Twenty Percentrs? :)

May 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Bronie4life

I am fairly sure this show is for males aged 18-30. Where do you get the idea that it is for little girls? Seriously.

May 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • RebeccaRGB

I'm fairly sure this show is for EVERYONE. Where did you get the idea that it is only for males? Seriously.

May 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bronie4life

It was a satirical comment :)

May 29, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Brony4Life

>If you're not 7, there's a good chance that you are unaware of the latest "My Little Pony" re-boot

Well cleeeeearly you haven't ever seen the show miss Katie McLaughlin...

May 29, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Israel P.

19 year old brony reporting! How does CNN not know of our existence yet?! Do more research! They should do a report on the sudden brony influx and MLP: Friendship is Magic :D

On a side note, This is the best music video ever!

May 29, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Join Us

Oh jeez what have you done, CNN? Expect hundreds of more comments from bronies in the next couple of days

May 29, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Anonymous

CNN don't know bout my bronies.

May 29, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  152. lois clark

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbtQacZRII&w=640&h=390]

May 29, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  153. RD

>be older than 7
    >like ponies
    >????
    >profit

May 29, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Daniel

You must be new to ponies.....

If your not aware, the series has taken a massive grip on the internet, with many of the new series fans being......MALE. Yes, the "Brony" fandom has gripped the internet, with custom artwork, stories, groups and parody's on the internet (Can you say "Reservoir Ponies"?)

Many of the male fans are in the 18-30 demographic, many of them loyal due to it's great animation, fantastic voice cast and more realistic setting than past My Little Pony series. They have claimed that, even with the "My Little Pony" sticker on it, it's a fantastic series for everyone to watch.

This is One proud Brony, sitting at home at 11PM, watching "The Ticket Master" on another web page, writing in from England itself to saying "KNOW YOUR STUFF.........but thank's anyway, really thoughtful!"

May 29, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

Do you guys really think that they're going to do some research on some cartoon just because they saw it parody something? Your heads are so up your own butts.

May 29, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Lester

That would be the case. Except for the fact that bronies are mentioned in the song, and the song was pretty much made for them.

May 29, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

I honestly doubt that they would analyze like that.

May 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  155. ZorkNecrofear

WHAT THE HELL CNN. WHYYY would you assume a kids' show about ponies is for little girls! What has our country come to where major news sources DON'T EVEN GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT. THIS IS RELEVANT NEWS TO THE COUNTRY.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER CNN.

May 29, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jodipo

Seriously, I get that there is a large community of men who like the show and all, but you cannot understand how anyone not in that fandom might assume this show is geared towards little girls? Not at all? All of the main pony characters are girls, and it encourages girls to be strong and all that good stuff.
      Like I said, I understand that the whole Brony thing is big, but cutting down the kids it was made for is not ok and you guys should stop being so snarky about it. My 3 year old daughter loves the show, and she isnt a throw away demographic.

So, yeah, stop being all "OMG I cannot BELIEVE CNN didn't know a whole bunch of adult males love this show, they are EVIL" and all that trash. This was not an in depth story about any culture, just a cute little shout out to a cute little show... so chill the f*#k out people

May 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • someperson

@jodipo
      It was obviously a joke, Mr. Nofunpants :)

May 30, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  156. BronyCatz

Brohoof

May 29, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  157. an adult male pony fan

I just thought I'd comment and recommend that any adult readers of either gender should give Friendship is Magic a chance. Watch a few episodes and you might be surprised to find yourself enjoying it. A lot of people don't give it a second thought at first because of the franchise's past history, but end up becoming dedicated fans.

May 29, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  158. SH

Dude I'm 22 and I love the show. Get your facts straight.

May 29, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  159. angelis drilltooth

Gonna join the whole "Bronies love CNN, and tolerate your errata" bandwagen. The herd welcomes you all!

May 29, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  160. lesserpoet

Just another proud brony checking in, 26, drinks scotch neat, watches the Saints religiously (haha) and oh yeah, I love PONIES

May 29, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Lester

@ Testimar. And you're making mean comments on the internet about people you don't even know. Your parents must brag about you all the time.

May 29, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

60 posts in before someone trolls, that's a cnn record :)

May 29, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jordan

WOOT! another Saints fan and a fellow Brony! yeah CNN get it right this show is for MEN

May 29, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Anonymous

>mfw bronies spam the comments page
    >mfw I have no face

May 29, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Muikari

Oh, I forgot to say: This is no small community. This wonderful show is a wave sweeping across forums, imageboards, and even Youtube, gaining new fans outside the target demographic each day. Not to mention, it's one of the nicest and most tolerant groups on the internet today. This can be proven just by looking at discussions held at websites featuring the Ponies, you are guaranteed to find no hate whatsoever. In conclusion, this is a pretty big community, and the MLP:FiM creators are awesome for referencing us! Thanks guys!

May 29, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  163. McGack

Its understandable why they would make the 7 year old remark, given MLP's history, though then again I heard some of that was pretty good to watch too either way This show is incredible ive never been more interested in any cartoon show ever

May 29, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  164. BronyMike

Screw it, I'm gonna join the bronies-saying-the-same-thing-over-and-over brigade here as well.

Show has a HUGE young adult male fanbase. Do a little more research next time, CNN.

May 29, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Muikari

Did you know when they mention the words "Brony" and "DJ Pon-3" they are referencing a fanbase of "Bronies" or mostly 13-30 year olds who love this show? They are officially awesome for doing so, it is good to see that our community is being recognized!

May 29, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  166. artur wennerberg

I find it hilarius that in just a couple of hours this page has goten over 10+ coments saying basicly the same thing
    1) much broader demographic than you think
    2)do some research

p.s BRONYS UNITE! Love, Tolerance and friendship to all

May 29, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Bacon Brony

It has been said quite a few times...Well, by almost every commenter in this blog (Wow there are a lot of us), but just wanted to say that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is one of the strangest and greatest cultural phenomenons that I've seen in A LONG time.
    It has brought togather a MASSIVE community of like minded people, who not only love the show, but it's ideals as well.

May 29, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Rasc

MLP:Fim and it's phenomenon would make for a good article, but sadly, this is probably the best we can get :(.

Still, I'm proud to be a brony.

May 29, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Heavy Weapons Pony

Haha, I love how the bronies just invaded this site.
    Well even if CNN did get a tuny detail wrong about the normal viewer age. I still say that the more publicity the show gets the better, more people need to watch this.
    Its amazing how many people have already joined the herd and learned to enjoy the ponies. Not that the show makes it hard since it is actually intended for all ages, but still you wouldnt expect several thousands of young men in thier twenties to watch a show about ponies.
    The internet is an incredibly powerfull media :D

May 29, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Testimar

This show's fanbase actually goes beyond the 7 year old girl age, believe or not. It's kind of scary...

May 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Namey Namerson

Just chiming in to say that this show is, indeed, awesome. All of my male, high-school aged friends agree.

May 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Blayze

A show aimed at children? Nonsense! This show is only for the MANLIEST of men, not little girls.

May 29, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Andrew

"If you're not 7"?

CNN obviously has no idea about the show's real fanbase. It's most popular with males between 13 and 35.

May 29, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Cory

Haha, it's surprising that CNN manages to come across this song and not realize that there is a HUGE fanbase for it.

May 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Patrick C

CNN needs to take a closer look at the majority of the viewership in the show. Average is Males 18-35.

I adore this show.

May 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Colonel Sanders

They actually made it for the older demographic mentioned in the other comments as an acknowledgement that we exist.

May 29, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Chaos Knux

Age: 19 years, 6 months
    Gender: Male
    Interests: Swords, Video Games, MLP:FiM
    Classification: Class 0 Brony.

CNN, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the song you are referring to with this article is actually more directed towards the Periphery Demographic, known as Bronies (sing. Brony), that has arisen due to the fact that Friendship is Magic is actually one of the better shows to come out since the late 1990s, or perhaps even before that.

This huge fan-following has been in direct contact with the creative team for some time, and said team has actually interacted with these fans. There are pony-centric image boards (ponychan.net) and fanfiction archives (EquestriaDaily.com) where these older, frequently male, fans explore possibilities of characters for background characters, or just try to keep each other entertained until Season 2 is aired.

Upon closer listening to the song you have embedded in this article, you will hear Spike, the silhouetted dragon, say DJ P0N-3, the fan-made stage name for the pony with the goggles and turntable see bookending the video. For completeness's sake, her (also fan-made) real name is Vinyl Scratch.

Some fans have made similar musical parodies, and/or music videos using the ponies. Possibly this is a shout-out to them all.

And to everypony whom CNN has just converted to the Pony side. Welcome to the herd.

May 29, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dylan(Brony)

This brony speaks the truth! Do your research CNN! Anderson Cooper wouldn't have screwed this up.

May 29, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Testimar

One of the best shows since the 1990s? I'm going to have to disagree with that. There's been plenty of shows that came out last decade that blow the new MLP out of the water in pretty much everything.

And about that "direct contact with staff" tidbit, isn't the reason why Lauren Faust left the show in the first place was because of the creepy fans cyber-stalking her? Just thought that you should know that, CNN...

May 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaos Knux

Well, while I understand where you are coming from and respect the fact that we have different tastes, the only show in a comparable classification to MLP:FiM since the turn of the century that comes to mind is Danny Phantom. Unless I'm placing some 2000-2004 shows in the wrong time period, I'm afraid I stand by my statement.

Cyber-stalking? Where the hay did you hear that? Last I heard, from Lauren's dA Journal IIRC, is that she was moving onward to other projects, and leaving the rest of the team behind the awesomeness in charge.

May 30, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Segashinobidude

Whoa, Similar Interest? Swords Video Games and Ponies? and is you name "Chaos Knux" is it a Reference to "Chaos Emeralds" and "Knuckles"? a Fellow Sega Fan?

May 31, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Chaos Knux

@Segashinobidude Superlate response, lol

Actually, it's just a reference to an Archie Sonic transformation of Knuckles, "Chaos Knuckles". Basically, Knux turns green and gains God-tier powers.

June 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Peace

I used to have to buy all that pony stuff in the 80's for my kids. Gawd, do I feel old all of a sudden! Glad they are coming back, wholesome tv for the "yung un's"! Good eve all !

May 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • (Cpt.) Sarge

Ohsnap I hope to god we're not scaring you...

We really do roll with the message of the show, us Bronies. It's such a nice change from all the hate on the Internet.

May 29, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  179. nikel

Those silly CNN people have no clue that children are like 5% of the Actual fanbase.

May 29, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Anonymous Brony #24359

Contributing to the constant replies of "I'm clearly not 7, but I seriously love this show."

A little more research and this article could have the magicks.

May 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Rainbow!DESTroyzG6

Im a pretty die hard fan, im in my early twenties...

CNN should do some better research, cause this community of fans have grown quite fast for being an US series.

May 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  182. KawaiiMelon

CNN clearly doesn't get that half of the fanbase is 20+.

May 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  183. tom

"7 year olds"? silly CNN, thats not how you spell "20 year olds".

May 29, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Circuit Mane

Wow, congratulations once again CNN, you manage to report the news but still get it completely wrong at the same time. Maybe you should actually do some research before you actually report news.

May 29, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Lester

Hey now, they just made an oversight is all, relax. They got the story mostly right after all.

May 29, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bumblebee

Eric's right on this one- don't get angry at an honest mistake- what we can all do is instead show them where the popularity hails from! IE, Ponychan :>

May 29, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Sprinkles

Yeah brony, love and tolerance, remember?

May 29, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Anonymous

Haha, CNN doesn't realize that most of this show's fans are males aged 13-20

May 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Lester

A lot are older than 20. I'd say a broad average is closer to 16-25. Of course we also have people in their 30s and probably some young kids too. But its mostly adults.

May 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Older Brony

The age range goes farther than that. Anyone can appreciate good storytelling and clever animation! I am 42 and proud to be a Brony!

May 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex Luther

@Eric
      Actually, I know a fair amount of bronies who are younger than 16 (myself included). I would say the average age is more 13 to whatever you said.

May 30, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  186. TLK

you obviously haven't heard of bronies before......

oh well i'm sure we'll make some out of you guys yet~

May 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  187. MelodyBurst

Me and my friends talk about Friendship is Magic all of the time... when we aren't working or are in college classes.

May 29, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Treesap(Brony)

The internet is host to a community of fans of the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, we are a friendly group who loves and tolerates everyone. We are referred to as Bronies, as shown in the song. DJ-Pon3 is a fan made name for the DJ pony. Never have I ever seen a network get this close to their fans.

May 29, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  189. (Cpt.) Sarge

Ponies on CNN?
    Hell yes.

19 years old, military enthusiast, and I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

And I'm not alone.

Check out some site called "Ponychan" sometime.

May 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  190. klaxa

This show has a fanbase that is so awesome you can't imagine it. I come from Germany and I found lots of new friends by watching this show. It's one of the most tolerant and loving community in the internet. If you report on this song, you have to report on Bronies, too. I am 18 and I am a Brony.

May 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Walter44

yay, another german brony! ^^

Basically what the other guys here said: I'm 17, going 18 this year and love the show and have even convinced two of my friends to join "The Herd". I listen to remixes and original songs on my cell phone and frequent Equestria Daily...well, daily. I'm pretty sure there are more older male fans than younger female fans, because through the Internet spread of this show, many people from countries where it isn't even aired (yet), like Germany, got in touch with it. And love it.

So, Bronies, sing with we one more time! "E-ques-tri-a Girls, we're kind of magical..."

May 31, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Kaseyface

Actually, the fan base isn't the target audience of 3-10 year old girls. I'm 18 and love the show, and there are thousands like me.

May 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Laetificat

'Bronies' is literally sung in the song, and they don't even notice/research it? Shame on you CNN.

May 29, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buttonmash

They probably just assumed it meant male ponies.
      Or, maybe they didn't pay attention at all.

May 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Mezkalito

I'm 22 male, and a Brony...I'm very proud they acknowledge us...can't wait for 2nd season

Hey you know what this calls for??...

May 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Buttonmash

I'm 23 male, and I LOVE PONIES.
    And yes, I'm one of the bronies.
    Be right back, listening to this song another dozen times.

May 29, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Da Brony

Sung by Pinkie Pie, and IT ADDRESSES THE BRONY COMMUNITY. we are a group of people aged 13- (oldest ive SEEN is 37)

it says 'bronies' in it and we are a proud community of love and tolerance. MANY of us are MEN aged 16-24 who love this show

like srs, how can you all at CNN not be aware of our large (and growing) community of all things pony?

May 29, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lysana

You've now seen a 43-year-old female brony. :)

May 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • cat

Make that 50, I can personally vouch for that! (^.^)

May 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • reynard61

@ cat: 50-year-old Brony here. I've been an Animation/Anime fan since around the mid-'60s. (I saw the original B&W "Astroboy" just after it hit syndication.)

June 1, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  196. Steve Moist

That song is my jam!

May 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Bronie

You have no idea at how big a fan base this show has. I think you may need to research a little deeper guys :) The age range of the fanbase is very varied and there is huge websites based around the show allready. Cult status and the first series only just ended. Like i say , research deeper and join the herd.

Before Fox News does ._.

May 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Lester

Fox will probably argue that we're destroying the fiber of american culture. Or something.

May 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colonel Sanders

Silly liberals.

May 29, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaos Knux

@Eric Lester: No, they'll call us a race of mutant zombie manchildren that seek to undermine the culture with love and friendship, whereas the way of America is hatred and anger.

Because Fox News loves to argue the opposite of true, no matter HOW dumb it makes them look.

May 30, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  198. SIlvano

There is a community of thousands who like this TV show and we are between the ages of 16 and 24. This is really popular as a meme and internet culture.

But we still love you! <3 -Bronies of Ponychan!

May 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linkeh24

It's not a meme because we actually do like the show. We spread the word that is a good show, not the word to make fun of it.

May 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Misen

@Linkeh24 memes aren't things deliberately spread to be made fun of, they're internet sensations. And Friendship is Magic is the best of them all.

June 19, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  199. name

Actually, it's sung by Pinkie Pie.

May 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • DooDawDay

wait wait wait, hold up, did pinkies voice actress sing this (andrea libman) or her singer (shannon chan-kent)?

May 30, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • anonymous

It was Shannon, in the recent interview Daniel Ingram said it was "his" voice actor (She was originally just going to be a demo, but they ended up loving her voice more)

May 30, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  200. Kris Keegan

I can tell you this, the largest demographic of this show is males between 18-24. I for one am 19 going on 20 and i love this show more than any show i've ever seen.

ya'll need to do a little more research, but the brony community still loves you!

May 29, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Gandalf

This article needs to be about 20% cooler.

May 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Bob

Thing is, the main age group is actually 13-20...

May 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Eric Lester

CNN is now 20% cooler.

May 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  204. April Fool

I used 2 cut da hair off of my sister's ponies ! Oops Im sorry , Action Figures !

May 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  205. The Mad R@p3r

"If you’re not 7, there’s a good chance that you are unaware of the latest “My Little Pony” re-boot..."

Lol at cnn for not realizing most of the shows die-hard fans are dudes in their twenties. Not kidding.

May 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fengor

Indeed, that mention of "bronies" in the song and the name DJ P0N-3 are both shout outs to the brony community that is sweeping across the web. Go check out the official letter from the Hub's marketing department to the Equestria Daily blog that was to let the brony community to know they were going to be dropping a shout out to us when it aired.

May 29, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

Actually this video was specifically created with the older male fans in mind and sent to their most popular fan site before being aired.

May 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Twalit Spakl

There are a lot more female fans than the internet gives credit for....

The fact that they said "Bronies" is enough evidence that they know who we are, our ages, and what we like to call ourselves. That was never used in the show, ever. I dont think that they could suddenly come up with that word....

May 29, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristy

@Twalit Spakl, I think it's because the fandom of people older than it's original intended demographic started on image board communities and they tend to forget that females go on the internet too for some reason. also it's really annoying that you can't reply to replies

May 30, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  206. jodipo

Ye sI loved My Little Pony as a girl, and now my little one adores the new incarnation. In fact, I think the new ponies are more fun than the originals.

May 29, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gordon Freemane

G4 is 20% cooler than the previous generations of MLP, and I love it. This is coming from a 16-year-old male who listens to death metal, dubstep, and wears black. Yeah; this show is just that amazing and adorable.

It is also the best animated television show out there, with the fluidity of the animation itself, the voice acting (some of the best in the business), and characters that you have no choice but to adore. Like Fluttershy, Luna, and Colgate.

May 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Poni3 Fan

I love you!!

May 29, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Anonymous

What purpose do you have in telling people you don't even know to "get a life" and commit suicide? To fulfill your own sense of self-worth? Some life you must live, you hypocrite.

May 29, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  209. pONY

I feel kind of bad for you OMG. you must live in a sad little world, where adults who like cartoons are worthy of the death penalty.

May 29, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Hurpderp

I'm going to love and tolerate the shi*t out of you

May 29, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Sageling

Good job completely demeaning the struggles and tragedies of the families affected by actual suicide victims.

May 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Gaston Raveslikenoone!

Oh OMG, yous gots some splainin to do also.
    Y U No give us good argument!?
    ...Seriously, give me a reason to not hug you right now. Your in so much pain...

May 29, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Bronydrone

I'm loving and tolerating you brony hater, there's nothing gay about this awesome show, if you dont like it then leave it be, its making the internet a better place little by little
    Also... male 19yo and straight

May 30, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  214. Scrounge

...You're really this worked up about what other people watch on TV?

May 30, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  215. BronyCatz

I'm sorry you feel this way

May 29, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  216. little boy

Professor Benjamin touched my no-nos when we were alone in the blog, he told me it was for research but i'm not too sure

May 30, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |