'Idol's' Scotty and Lauren: We're not dating
May 27th, 2011

'Idol's' Scotty and Lauren: We're not dating

There may have been plenty of PDA at the "American Idol" finale Wednesday night, but winner and runner up Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina insist that they are just besties.

"We're just really good friends. We really care about each other," 16-year-old Alaina told Us Weekly. "Everyone wants us to like each other, but we just don't."

The teens sent the rumor mill into overdrive when Alaina laid a big kiss on 17-year-old McCreery after he beat her out for the title. She then kissed his face repeatedly as the show's credits rolled.

He, in turn, gave her a big hug while he sang his first single and could be heard saying "Love you baby" to her into his microphone.

But the tweens and teens who swoon over him can rest easy for now, as "Scotty the Hottie" is still claiming solo status.

"I'm still single. I don't want a girl who likes me because I'm the American Idol," he said. "I just want them to like me because I'm Scotty. That's a hard thing to find, but it'll work out sometime."

Yet you never know what the future holds, Alaina said.

"You never know what's going to happen 10 years down the road, but I doubt it," she said. "I think we'll always be really good friends."

1. Morgan

I love scotty........ I was so excited that scotty had won. i loved that sayin where scotty dont want to date someone cause he was on american idol that he wanted to date someone because he was Scotty;} loved it :) I LOVE YOU SCOTTY

June 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jenb

Scotty is not so much good looking on the outside, what is so appealling about him is what's on the inside – a true gentleman. His parents did a great job raising hi, and they should be proud. Lauren is adorable as well, but I think Scotty was the right winner. They'll both do well,and I wish the both of them all the best. They are too young to be a couple... just friends is a great thing to be at that age!

June 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rock

"I don't want a girl who likes me because I'm the American Idol,"
    Yeah dude, youre huge in the department of what matters in life
    Just tap that little broad and get it over with Scotty

May 31, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Meh

Please....she'll be begging to polish his member so she can get some interaction on his next gig

May 31, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mandee

You people are talking about 16 and 17 year old KIDS!!! How dare you talk so bad about them! And who cares if they date or not? They are KIDS!!! They did a wonderful job, they are both extremely talented and they carried themselves better than many adults! We should all be so lucky for our children to be so well mannered. Congrats to Scotty and Lauren on a job well done-and may all your dreams come true!!!

May 29, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • PM

Well, said !! Mandee

Jealously is a GREEN EYED MONSTER FOLKS... Those that have no life ... PLEASE stop embarrassing yourself 's. Enjoy good music and wonderful young talent. This world is negative enough ......ATLANTA GA

p.s. The only losers are those that can't compliment talent~

May 30, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • jenb

well said, Mandee, I agree 100%.

June 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Farts

wait....what are we talking about .... Charlie Sheen noo thats old news Libya no Gadaffi still kicking oh thats right Ms Piggie and Mr incredible dueche bag boy.

May 29, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. RAMONA COLE

I think, Scotty will become a great country star, He will be the new face in country music. I voted for him from day one.

May 29, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. sabrina

Scotyy Scotty Scotty Thank qod He Won Rootinq For Him From Day One Beautiful Smile Awsome Voice Everythinq i Do NOT Thinkk its Ohkay For Him & Lauren To Date He Deserves A Wondeful Woman & i Jus Adore Him. ,He Will Be A qreat Part To Country Music Riqht Up There With The Kinq Georqe & Easton Corbin.

May 28, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gwen

Lauren and Scotty are both great singers. Loved James too. Wish Lauren had won – a little more range in genre. I am stunned that so many are commenting with such cruel statements about 2 young people that have done nothing more that sing. They are 16 and 17 years old – lighten up with the cruel comments. Those that are making those comments better be looking in the mirror and see if a perfect reflection is looking back at them!

May 28, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. chacha

LOVES SCOTTY – THANK YOU!!! yes is the perfect morph of the guy from Mad magazine and George W. Bush
    Durbin should have one hands down so either scotty or lauren will do..though, i voted for lauren.
    both are talented..besides we know the track winners of actual winners..they usually don't hit it. (usually, scotty might make some traction though)

May 28, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  11. tina

I'M DEFINITELY SURE A LOT OF GIRLS ARE SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW......

May 27, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sharon

Scotty is a handsome young man....just wait he will only get better......as for Lauren she is a beautiful young woman....they are both so talented. it would be great if they record together (and I want to see a Scotty and his Dad duet)....if they became a couple they will be another June Carter and Johnny Cash, Faith Hill and Tim mcGraw and will rule country ...BTW Scotty sang that Tim McGraw song better than tim did ...just love his voice...

May 27, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Guyanagal404

Ok here's where 1 of the things my BFF's luv me 4 is coming in: the truth of relationships! here's the deal with these 2...
    so you can instantly tell Lauren DOES like Scotty but Scotty just doesn't seem to get the message. Scotty just says there friends and hes really hard for me 2 read BUT all my research adds up that he has like a small crush on Lauren! Honestly i would love for them to be together but i mean, isn't it their choice whether or not they date? I mean c'mon all of america is pretty much pushing them to be together which most people may not realize, this could make them shy. I don't think that's the problem but what i'm trying to say is that relationships take their time. Who knows, maybe during the Summer tour something WILL actually happen. Just give them time and a choice. Everything always turns out for the best in the end.

May 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • foreva21

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY UR BFFS LOVE YOU FOR THAT! LOLZ NICE REP!

May 28, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • NJ AirForce Wife

I think you're smoking something that you should put away immediately. If Lauren likes Scotty, it's no doubt that she's going to let him know one way or another and you don't give Scotty enough credit. He's not stupid enough to not know a girl has a crush on him. I know some boys are dense, but come on, give me a break.

What exactly is your research that led you to the conclusion that he has a small crush on Lauren? Did you compile a fact list, number crunch and do computer aided facial expression recognition when he is looking at her? Did you interview him? Did you interview his close friends and family to ask them about his flirting habits? Did you interview all the girls he ever had a crush on since he was a little boy to get their input on his pickup lines and compared those to the ones he might or might not have used on Lauren?

"All of America" is not pushing them to be together since slightly under 30 million Americans viewed the finale show. The population of the United States is 311,450,678 so that means 281,450,678 couldn't have cared less who won, who didn't win or even cared about American Idol at all.

Sorry if I choose to take the word of someone who uses phrases like BFFs, "luv", "4" instead of "for", with a gain of salt.. or well, not at all. You are definitely not the next Dr. Ruth.

May 30, 2011 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Horn Dog

Scotty should give her a whirl, she rode me like her life depended on it

May 31, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah Ramirez

I thank the same I'm 15 and i know that they would win from the beginning

June 30, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. csnsc

Ha ! More Engrish please

May 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. LIng Chao

They come into our Chinee restaurant and order 17 PooPoo Pratter. Big hippopotamus girr eat everything. Even eat napkin. He shoud no date her. She squash him rike tiny bug.

May 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Maddy

Both of them are just adorable. Good luck to them both.

May 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. pews

CongrAts scotty. He's Adorable. Great singer.

May 27, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Appalled

I'm shocked at the venom being spewed about two young people who have done nothing but show class to America. I think some of you could learn something from them both. I pray no one ever talks about your children the way you are talking about them.

May 27, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alexandra

Ditto... and she is not a baby hippo.. Talk about giving people a freaking complex. Not everyone in the world is a size 2, and they never will be. Lauren looks good the way she is ....

May 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JC-VA

I do think they should record something together, i think their voices sound good together...
    I don't think he is hot at all, but heck what do I know, he could be my kid. I wish it was Lauren the one that won..... or even James.. i hate country music.. i know, people would say Laren is country.. blah, blah, blah.. but she also proved to be capable of singing anything.. Scotty can't sing anything other that freaking country....

May 27, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rickie

Please go away and try to become a better person.

May 27, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunshine

Country is really great!! So you want James to win it? Well , you said can Scotty sing anything beside country? So you think James could sing everything ? huh? Shut up and be a dork somewhere else will you?

May 28, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  20. Peace

Hey The Mad R@p3r! AGAIN you made me laugh!!! Your so witty!!! Good day to ya!!! :)

May 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. LIng Chao

America berry great country ! Much good freedom.

May 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. LIng Chao

Taste berry good ! Berry good ! Taste rike sweet and sour pork !

May 27, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ashley

I think that lauren and Scotty should date that Is a good cuple and so they should date

May 27, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  24. Doris

I think they are HOT!@#$%^ They are both so sweet, so innocent, so talented and they LIKE each other. To have a great relationship you should always be friends and like each other first. They are both young and have their whole life ahead of them, but I would write each other off so soon. I love them both. They are both winners in so many ways.

May 27, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  25. LL

Lauren can do better than a Clay Aiken look-alike.

May 27, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Builder

@LL He's not a Clay Aiken look alike, he's a George Strait re-incarnation. Get it straight you idiot, I hope you get a big zit on your nose this weekend.

May 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • ??

Who's George Strait ?

I think he does look a bit Clay Aiken-ish but they both look like Alfred E. You-Know-Who ...

May 27, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • LovesScotty

I think Scotty was wonderful. I think Lauren was wonderful. I knew Scotty would win from day one when he auditioned. However...I do not think he is a Clay Aiken look-alike. I do not think he is a George Strait look-alike. HE IS THE SPITTING IMAGE OF THE MAD MAGAZINE GUY!!!!!!!

May 27, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emily

clay aikren lookm alike my but scotty can do better then a carrie underwood wanna be

June 5, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. The Mad R@p3r

Congratulations on tunneling under the Great Firewall, Ling. How does freedom taste?

May 27, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  27. Jamie Davis

Lauren is a star and perfect in every way. :)

May 27, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. monkey

She has THUNDER THIGHS

May 27, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mitch

And you're perfect in every way? That would be NO!

May 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  30. VANE

AHHH :( I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD BE DATING WITH ALL OF THE HINTS THAT WE GOT... BUT I GUESS WE WERE WRONG! I REALL HOPE THEY END UP TOGETHER... THEY MAKE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE! I ALSO HOPE THAT THEY MAKE A CD TOGETHER! THEY BOTH SING BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE A LOT OF TALENT! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF THEM:)

May 31, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Noletta

I love Scotty and have been cheering for him the whole time. He is very talented ... but come on Scotty open your eyes - that is one beautiful girl!!! I love their interviews together - they are hilarious!!

June 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |