Gaga: The love from my fans is overwhelming
May 27th, 2011

Gaga: The love from my fans is overwhelming

Between her album release, the magazine profiles and the performances, it isn’t surprising that Lady Gaga doesn’t get a lot of sleep.

“Showbiz Tonight” caught up with the superstar singer after she pulled a round-the-clock shift preparing for Friday morning’s concert on “Good Morning America,” and the Mother Monster explained that the lack of shut-eye doesn’t faze her.

“[My fans] stay up for me all the time so I stay up for them all the time,” Gaga told “Showbiz Tonight’s” Jason Carroll.

“I don’t think I am ever going to feel entirely worthy of the blessings in my life," she went on. "It is overwhelming the kindness and the love that is injected into the arena every night [on tour], into Central Park today, [and] into my life in general, and I think I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to pay [the fans] back.”

And she wants them to know that when they hear her anthem “Born this Way,” they need to remember not to listen to the critics.

“Critics are bullies,” Gaga said. “You just have to know who you are, because at the end of the day if someone shoots an arrow through your heart but you knew the arrow was coming, you are ready for it - you don’t have to be afraid. Don’t be afraid of what other people are going to say, [because] at the end of the day, you are the person that you have to answer to.”

Catch the rest of “Showbiz Tonight’s” interview with Lady Gaga when it airs on Tuesday.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • TV-Showbiz Tonight

1. GAGAISONEWEIRDCHICK

I don't know why she just can't look normal and sing.

May 31, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Danny

Why can't singers just sing the song without these idiotic dancers and props?

May 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. B Hart

No talent. Current audience has no taste for quaility entertainment. Lady Caca.

May 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gingersrule1

Lady GaGa is female through and through guys. Quit hoping. I really don't have anything against her personally only because I don't know her. All I see is a rich lady with lots of lights sound effects and too much money. Her creations fall short of what I call music. In order to be considered talented you used to have to have a real talent. Where are this lady's talents? Tell me. What exactly is she good at other than making a show for E-tards? An e-tard is someone who likes ecstacy.

May 30, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • little monster

Clearly you have never heard her sing if you don't consider her talented. Check out her HBO special. She has a professionally trained voice and can actually play musical instruments and well. Also I know a TON of Lady Gaga fans and none of them, including myself are "E-tards". Also the genre of music she produces is DANCE music. If you are looking for ballads, stick with other artists and don't bash her for doing a great job at what she does.

June 2, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. muff diver

It's easy being a fan of Lady Gaga's, you don't have to like her music, you don't have to like the way she looks, you don't have to believe in what she believe's but just give her a chance and you will KNOW the meaning of a fan! Her fans are spreading world wide don't get left out .

May 30, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Elizabeth

I don't mind her. I Just wish she would not disrespect Jesus and The Blessed Mother. Bottom line, if she had "true" love for Jesus and respect for the Catholic faith, she would promote it instead of mocking it.

Don't mess with Jesus and His Mother. It's stupid. Really.

I would worry about her soul instead of her stupid monsters. Unless she of course wants to spend eternity with them. We all choose in the end of our final destination: God or not. You choose..

May 30, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • little monster

You oughta let her worry about her own soul and if you even listen to the lyrics or take the time to look them up, you will see that she is in no way "mocking" Jesus and His Mother. She is a very spiritual woman who praises Jesus and if anything her music can help bring people closer to God by encorporating Jesus into very popular music, if you actually listen to what she is saying. I would like you to show any sort of proof that she is "mocking" or disrespecting Jesus. Her song Judas is about overcoming evil (she says this herself) and the lyrics actually say "Jesus is my virtue but Judas is the demon I cling to". Shes singing about loving someone you shouldnt...many people can relate to that. I also agree with previous comments that it is totally against what christianity stands for if you choose to judge her for doing what she does (and does well).

June 2, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. gaga4Gaga

First of all, any self-proclaimed christian who judges this woman, or anyone for that matter, is not following the basic rules of christianity.
    Second, not everyone likes the same kind of music, clothing, food, architecture, religion, etc....it takes all kinds to make the world go around. Thank goodness for that or this planet would be one boring piece of dirt.
    Now go out there and love thy neighbor!

May 30, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

Even the legendary Barry Manilow has lauded her on her talent. I'd say that's pretty good. And her recent guest shot with David Letterman was hilarious(she appeared to eat part of his notes). I figure she'll be around for a while.

May 30, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. MJ

Lady Gaga will be the next Michael Jackaon... Batsh!t crazy, living on a magical ranch and molesting children. I give it 5 years.

May 30, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. david joel

Lady GAGA is AWSOME there is no other way to describe it she has a Great voice she is Smoking hot and her shows you can see she has tons of talent. So all you people that sent negative comments. All I have to say is get a life you are just jealious your not that talented. DJ

May 30, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dsn63

She'll be using the #2 pink strap-on tonight OH WAIT! He dosen't need one of those!

May 30, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. david joel

May 30, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. bib

I am by no means a fan of Lady Gaga however I watched the HBO special and I was amazed by her musical ability.. On the other side of that I would never take my child to one of her shows. She does need to tone it down on the religious front, God does not like being mocked...Other than that I give her all the credit in the world for her musical ability...

May 30, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mary Kay

I think Lady Gaga is demon posessed and she needs to find Jesus..
    And Satan was the angel of music and he is using music to keep people from seeking Jesus...

May 30, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. lois clark

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbtQacZRII&w=640&h=390]

May 29, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Marty

I do not nor ever will love perversion of Gaga of Madonna of Agulera or anyone on the face of this earth, ...repent of your perverted ways before it's too late.

May 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antoine

Repent! Repent, y'all! The end of the world is near! Ha! Marty, you are so dumb.

May 29, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Stacie

I often wonder if people realize that this broad is doing virtually EXACTLY what Madonna did in the late 80's-early 90's? Like, exactly. She dresses like her – she says the same crap – her music sounds like hers... I wonder if some music execs realized that Madonna was too old for this stuff, so now they've presented this Gaga person to the world to replace her – and it's worked.

It's really a shame that this kind of content – which isn't even new or groundbreaking – passes for "talent" these days. Video really did kill the radio star. Killed music in general, I suppose.

May 29, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  18. Peace

She has the wildest outfits I've ever seen! Her fan base is huge. Not my kind of music, but hey, to each his own! Good day all !

May 29, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

She is a sweet kid. She connects with her fans ( I dont have any of her music), she gives to others (not just std's), and she is looked at as a "fashion-feasta" ( I mean really, who doesnt like steak???)

May 29, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. Sunshine Girl *

Hasnt America realized yet that everything she says is purely for shock value? So why does everyone go ape sh!t everytime the woman speaks? That is exactly why this melodrama never ends.

May 29, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  21. kaka

the love from my fanny is over smelly... .

May 28, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Gaga Sucks

all flash, no substance. she creates controversy to drive sales. kids will always go out of their way to buy music their parents hate. she sold her soul for this? pitiful.

May 28, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. stratfordontario

She's a little weird but, she's one of the few that can sing, and she sings live a lot, unlike some...

May 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. steppenwolf

Never heard this creature sing nor care too, but why does CNN give free publicity to her? I guess there are no more standards for " journalism" (except $) . I'm no fundamentalist but it's getting harder to defend the decadence ("freedom") of American society. We're a long way from Kansas.

May 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Journalism never had standards, they've always been shills.

May 28, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • kmh

This isn't about free publicity. Lady Gaga hardly needs it with all of her followers on social media. With as popular as she is, any story about her is bound to get read so if anything CNN is promoting itself. You evidently at least clicked on the article considering you commented on it.

May 30, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. meow

I'm not crazy about Lady Gaga's music, nor with her whole self-indulgent ego and over the top image/gimmick, but i do respect her for how she's basically made millions of dollars and fans from building a brand that sells, and that works for her. On top of that, she DOES have talent, and is a phenominal performer. The only problem I have with her is that I think she relies too much on her image/gimmick to the point where I think it detracts from her talent, and that her music is more or less just pop garbage. She has many great catchy tunes, but her albums virtually have no substance and most of it is just filler after you're past the good songs, which are basically the songs you've heard on the radio. Not to mention, the whole religious/political/social commentary that she feels the need to force into her songs/performances are just boring and pointless, used mostly just to "shock" people rather than it being of any relevence or importance (i think she uses it just to inflate her ego even more). Otherwise, great performer, SMART woman, she just needs to learn to tone it down with the gimmick and the cheesy techno/dance music, i think she'll be looked at more seriously when she gets to that point.

May 28, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  26. Countryboy

I love you http://WWW.CDBABY.COM/ALL/NUMONE bye now!

May 28, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  27. Queenie Queenie Queenie Calaiizzo

I love Paul cohen.

May 28, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  28. Queenie queenie Michael Caliazzo

She should take better care of herself.

May 28, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  29. Queenie Michael Calaizzo-Reading CA.

We think she is the new Oprah.

May 28, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. fernace

Gaga is a talent & has a decent voice, but she better get some sleep or she'll be burnt out before the year is over! As far as her spirituality, I'm sure she appreciates people worrying about her, but as I stated it is HER spirituality & she must treat it how she sees fit, just like all of us. There are 5672 religions in the world, & ALL of them are right!! (Made that # up, but you get the point!)

May 28, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  31. dretta

you do freaky things someone is gonna call you a freak... and when that happens you can't just say 'critics are bullies'. also the sh!t they quoted her saying was the ramblings of someone with exhaustion. reminds me of that MJ quote before he died about if he didn't think about it or do something then Prince would steal his ideas or something lol

gaga you do good club musoc, you do freaky stuff to promote your club music..stop trying to appear deep ya just know what sells and that's club music make more of it!

May 28, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • HENRY

BET EVERYONE HERE WOULD EAT GAGAS HAIRY CORN DOG. THIS IS NOT TALENT SYNTHETIC PERCUSSION AND AUTO TUNED MELODINED VOCALS ARE ALSO OUT OF THE TALENT CATEGORY. WHO CARES IF SHE IS A "MUSICIAN" WHOPPTI DOOOO SO AM I AND I BUT AT LEAST I DON'T TRY TO HIDE MY BEEF STICK

May 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. SupaStar

Gaga CAN sing. She is a good musician and a decent dancer. She is just fooling around with evil too much. She needs to leave the "spiritual/religious" stuff OUT of her act, or she will pay dearly for it in the end. Her meteoric rise to superstardom is no doubt her reward for serving satan. ( Whether she realizes she is doing it or not ) Evil pays bigtime in this world. Fame and fortune can be yours, if you serve the right master. But it will all come to an end. You can't serve two masters. Eternal Salvation.... or DEATH. We all have choices to make. Gaga is not going down the right path. And I am sad for her.

May 27, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

Oh for God's sake, this woman prays every damned night before her shows, and sometimes afterwards too. She constantly talks about the role of God in her talent and her career, her new album is full of references to God and Jesus. Just because she doesn't act like some Calvinist doesn't mean she's not a deeply spiritual woman. But Christinianity, especially certain Christian churches, should NOT be exempt from criticism and commentary where it's warranted. A great deal of harm has been done in the name of Christianity by many churches and it would be a sin NOT to recognize that fact.

May 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

well said windrider2.

May 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antoine

And you are even MORE dumb. So dumb.

May 29, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samii

For a christian to say Satan is her leader, is jugdmental. As christians, we are here to love, even when we don't agree. Lady Gaga is a human being, let's be more loving and let her live. Live and let live?

May 30, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  33. H.A.M 99

She can't sing or dance. She is too freaky for me. There are Gay bullies too, they like to play the gay card. I don't want women with the same tooling as me, thats why I turn the light on and look at it.

May 27, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. CG

We love you Mother Monster! Keep Doing what you love!! We little monsters thank you for it!!

May 27, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  35. HANK

The country is not going broke. People are getting paid gazillions. People with no talent, people who steal other peoples ideas and acts, people with quote unquote good looks. Only in America. Just get you a brand of non-tangible assets.

May 27, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

You are correct and this Gaga is nothing more but hype. Have you ever heard her try to sing live, OMG so out-of-key.

May 30, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • LouWho

LG has talent but is popular mainly because humans are like crows, attracted to shiney objects. I like her social statements at least but her music is just so-so. Egads watch Joan Baez do Diamonds and Rust....SEE the difference in talent. Joan was from a time where it was the artist not the Corporations who created great music.

May 30, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |