Case closed on Mariah Carey's Guinness controversy
May 27th, 2011

Case closed on Mariah Carey's Guinness controversy

The investigation into allegations that Mariah Carey was drinking alcohol in the hospital following the recent birth of her twins has been closed, her rep confirmed to CNN.

"Disturbing that an anonymous caller would call child protective services but they legally have to follow up," said Carey's spokesperson, Cindi Berger. "What an utter waste of tax payers dollars. Yes, the case is closed."

Carey's husband Nick Cannon said earlier that the complaint to the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services may have been triggered by a nurse's suggestion that a small amount of dark beer could help Carey's breastfeeding. A social worker later visited Carey in the hospital.

Cannon told CNN's Piers Morgan that he believed the incident was the result of a scammer trying to sell a story to tabloids.

"I guess someone maybe overheard that (suggestion), and this is a good way to make a quick buck, or call the tabloids," he said. "It's kind of sad that people think that we'll make money off of these newborns."

Filed under: Celebrities • Mariah Carey

1. Name*c.j

Its a shame that celebritys aren't classified as normal people doing normal stuff stop hating on MC and find a real story and a real life !

May 29, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rose nyeland

Oh let new mama have her beer! She's surely earned it!

May 29, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Monitor job!

I would like to apply for a Blog Monitor position...anyone know who to contact?
    Lots of off target comments in this enire Blog site!!

May 29, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sunshine Girl *

Just me but Id never consider drinking alcohol while breast feeding. Cant believe a nurse made the suggestion. Drugs/alcohol is all the same to Child Protective Services. Probably is someone out to make a quick buck. But being a celebrity she should be aware that its gonna happen all the time especially now w/the kids. And I stand by what I say about no alcohol.

May 29, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. POOPMAN

POOP POOP POOP POOP! I LIKE POOP! I EAT POOP! I POOP POOP!

May 28, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ted

I think she is pretty. just me though.

May 28, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @t

As a reacent immigrant to your country I find the freedom of speach refreshing. I and my family are from Nigeria. In my country it is a common practice to rub doodoo on young children. This is done to keep skin moist and for protection from mosquitos and other pest. If she does this it is just to help her children.

May 28, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Countryboy

No drinkie just breastfeedie http://WWW.CDBABY.COM/ALL/NUMONE bye now!

May 28, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Percysmama

It is a know fact that gueness beer helps breast feeding moms. My dr. Told me to drink a gueness and many other women I know heard the same advice from many different sources. You can go for wake herbal stuff or one good beer. Iwas told no more than on in a 24 hour period. Both my kids are fine. Leave the poor woman alone. Drink a beer momma.

May 28, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Alex

She is of Irish, Afro-Venezuelan ancestry and an American might I add!

May 27, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jen

This is not about her ethnicity it's about her technique of nursesing, moms have been doing this for years and it doesn't hurt the babies.

May 27, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ????

She is not white. if she is not balck and she is not white then what is she?

May 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miz Dee

SHE'S A HUMAN BEING AND A CREATION OF GOD! PERIOD!
      In other words, she's the same as you. And me. And all other human beings on this Earth. Get over your satanic prejudices and start seeing mankind as God does – beautiful, each and every one. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HAPPY PARENTS!

May 28, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Bee

She is not white and she is not black. She is a mix of the two. She is multi/bi-racial, meaning that she is of more than one race. And who cares? Her race is irrelevant.

Side note: Wow, there are a lot of pathetic trolls here.

May 28, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. fernace

The things people are alowed to say on these blogs, in the name of free speech is disgusting. I,on the other hand, get censored all the time. I think I'm too articulate, make too much sense & dont write enough about poop! Not about to correct that! Mariah is a great singer/songwriter, happily married & now a happy mama! Haven't seen the babies but am sure they'll grow up gorgeous. Mariah & Nick are goodlooking people! Not a word about poop!!

May 27, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. IKE

Do they still have 4 loco?

May 27, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Mad R@p3r

Turn the taps on, mom!

May 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. [lol]

LOL...

May 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lorraine Smith

How rude, thoughtless and inconsiderate to say that about anyone's babies.

May 27, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. wontletgolamb

how disgusting are you really no matter how much you may dislke her that is nothing you should ever say to anyones children but whatever its not like Mariah would care about an opinion coming from a nobody like you

May 27, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |