'Bachelorette' castoff couldn't watch his exit
May 27th, 2011

'Bachelorette' castoff couldn't watch his exit

Tim McCormack was originally supposed to be a potential suitor on "The Bachelorette" in 2010, but work commitments prevented him from seeking Ali Fedotowsky's heart. He got a second chance on the show this year, but his run for Ashley Hebert's hand in marriage ended in a drunken stupor.

The 35-year-old liquor distributor was the unfortunate star of Monday's premiere, showing up at the manor inebriated. It only got worse from there, as McCormack got into it with Jeff Medolla, the suitor who wore a mask to the opening cocktail party. Eventually, McCormack passed out in the backyard, leading to his ejection from the show.

"I started to watch the show Monday night, and it was just stomach-turning," McCormack said. "I couldn't sit through the whole show. It's disgusting how it all transpired."

McCormack said all seemed fine at the hotel ahead of his trip to the manor to meet Hebert, but things changed once he got into the limo.

"I don't know how many drinks I had that night, but I didn't look right getting out of the limo.  I got carried away, and it was extremely humiliating."

Did McCormack even realize how blitzed he may have been?

"The part of me going to sleep wasn't a conscious decision. It was a bodily reaction of what I put in my system. I've never seen anyone look as bad as I did on television."

McCormack also expressed regret for threatening to remove Medolla's mask during the opening cocktail party, although he still had a few critiques for his rival's choice in facial wear.

"The alcohol definitely induced my reaction to Jeff," McCormack lamented. "In reality, I would find it odd that someone would wear a mask to make a first impression.  I thought it was strange, but given the state I was in, I acted inappropriately."

McCormack realizes that he'll be the butt of jokes for some time, but is happy that his friends, family and co-workers continue to support him.  As for his missed opportunity with Ashley Hebert, McCormack apologized again.

"It wasn't my intention to put myself out of the competition as soon as I got out of the limo," he said. "It's a shame because Ashley is a great girl and I wish her the best."

1. Dora

I think that its a good thing that this happened to Tim. I hope that it is a wake-up call to him that he is an alcoholic and that he should go to rehab or AA and get a different kind of job that does not require him to drink with clients!

May 31, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. jillmarie

This was the funniest opening night of any of the Batch series. This show is my guilty pleasure, can't wait to watch it tonight! I wonder who Ashley will pick. I actually hope it works out for her; she seems like a great girl.

May 30, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. rose nyeland

Oh the guy with the mask is bizarre. I stll don't think she should've thrown Tim off so immediately, he should have had a 2nd chance, plus he made things more interesting! Maybe he would have socked the mask wearer a good one!

May 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vicki

It was obvious this guy had trouble written all over him, he acts like a Neanderthal (speaks like one too). Maybe he should consider a new career as well–liquor distributor?! really? I think he distributed it all to himself on the first show!
    Sidebar note: The butcher from N.J.?! really? what was that all about? CREEPER...he sounded so scripted like he was auditioning for good fellas or some cheesy New Jersey show! I love watching this circus! makes my life seem so normal!hahaha

May 29, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sunshine Girl *

Who watches this cr*p? This. The Bachelor. Bachelor pad. When will Hollywood realize that not all people who watch tv are idiots. And to think this reality show produces true love? Please get real.

May 29, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

These types of shows thrive on this kind of shenanigans! Here's how it went down! Tim says to producer: " I'm not feeling this girl, I'm cutting out" Producer says" Not so fast, Tim. Lets make a deal & have a little fun! We'll pay you 10large if you're willing to stir things up a bit" I lived in Hollywood & got a good glimpse of the inside workings of showbiz. Tim went out with a bang, with extra loochi, great ratings, people talking, win-win for every one. Tellin' y'all this is how it's done Hollywood style!

May 29, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jenzi

Tim made fun of that mask but he may be wishing for one soon. Poor guy! He redeemed himself a bit in this interview. Maybe that experience will help him turn over a new leaf.

May 28, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Countryboy

A single man living a single life http://WWW.CDBABY.COM/ALL/NUMONE bye now!

May 28, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. who, who..

Who are u ppl? where r the regulers :( i miss u guys :(

May 27, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rose neyland

Hey give him a break, havent any of you ever done something you later regretted?.Besides, he is being punished enough, in front the whole country no less!

May 27, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. suzzi

He made a complete fool of himself. You can forgive this behavior from a college kid but a 35 year old man! Ridiculous!

May 27, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LL

I'd say that his career as a liquor distributor is over because if he shows up to the show already drunk, who's to say he'll show up to a client meeting drunk also or behave the way he did after having a few drinks? Bad form!

May 27, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kat

tim u need to go to c dr drew !!!!

May 27, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. moon627

What a dumb a s s ! Nobody likes a drunk but especially on a first date – way to impress a lady – LOL ! This guy needs an intervention ...

May 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. another round

He even looks drunk in the publicity picture.

May 27, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. bigboystheyarenot!

His behavior was appalling! Why did Ashley have to ask him to leave? It should have been done without all of the attention! This group of men (boys) is not the best...Ashley please be careful! You are a very special lady, worthy of only the best!

May 27, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. michelle

He is a fay gola.

May 27, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jurby

so he was drinking at the hotel before going to the mansion, then drinking even more at the mansion. not a smart thing to do, especially since he's a liqour distributor. the guy needs to put down the booze and leave it down.

May 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. (corrupted) trix are for kids

Explains why he is still single.

May 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. hahah

Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim.. wake up..
    This was the highlight of this utterly boring show!

May 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |