Nice guy finishes first again on 'Idol'
May 26th, 2011

Nice guy finishes first again on 'Idol'

We have so been here before.

Cute, clean cut all-American guy drives the girls crazy and takes the "American Idol"  championship. That's what happened Wednesday night when Scotty McCreery,  a 17-year-old, deep-voiced, supermarket bagboy from Garner, North Carolina, won Season 10 of  "American Idol."

Ever since he crooned "Baby, lock them doors and turn the lights down low" during his audition in Milwaukee, McCreery consistently had the support of fans and "Idol" judges who praised him every week.

Even the competitor he beat is a fan (though how much of a fan we will discuss later). "Scotty's my best friend and we went through this whole process together," runner-up Lauren Alaina told Us magazine. "I knew it in my heart and I'm just so proud of him and I'm proud I got second place to him, it's just unbelievable."

"Idol" has not had a female winner since Jordin Sparks in 2007 which has led some to question whether voters might have a problem with female contestants.

Instead, the past few years have seen humble, sweet, nice guys dominate the votes like Kris Allen in Season 8 and Lee DeWyze in Season 9.

And while being adorable can land you the top spot in "Idol," it doesn't seem to help as much on the charts. In fact, DeWyze's album has had such dismal sales that many believe it factored into why he wasn't even invited to perform in this year's finale, a common courtesy to past winners.

The L.A. Times said "Yes, the cute-white-boy winning streak continues. ( But it's hard to begrudge a sweet boy like Scotty a win."

The results came after a record breaking 122 million votes for the show. The result didn't appear to be a shocker to fans.

The site "Dial Idol" projected McCreery as the winner the morning of the finale and even Drudge Report had the headline "UN-COOL, UN-HIP, COUNTRY-FRIED SINGER WINS ‘AMERICAN IDOL’…" hours before the final vote was revealed.

The McCreery win even beat out another big finale on the same day: the ending of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" after 25 years.

Forbes reports that according to Trendrr "American Idol logged 445,771 mentions on Twitter, public Facebook sites, Miso and GetGlue" while "Oprah" only logged 104,499.

McCreery's image and popularity with the girls (click here to watch a group of them rush him after an "Idol" performance) lead "Idol" finalist Casey Abrams to dub him "the Justin Bieber of country music" to People.

Given "Idol's" track record of less than stellar-selling winners  it remains to be seen if he can carve out a career even close to Bieber's. He has at least one strong fan in his corner: runner-up Alaina, who has called him her "best friend."

The pair raised some eyebrows at the finale when following his win, McCreery said the pair had been together since the beginning and would stay together. As he sang his first single as the winner, McCreery could be heard to say "Love you babe" as he hugged and kissed Alaina. She, in turn, later gave him multiple kisses on the cheek.

"Every day's been a special moment with Lauren," McCreery told People. "I met her day one of Hollywood Week. We were in groups in Vegas, and she's my classmate out here in L.A. We've been together a whole lot. We talk about a lot of things. We've had a lot of special moments."

1. Jayne Romness

I luv this movie but dont wannna run to the theater everytime i want to see it and spend like $15 or watever it is now and if its late i dont wanna wait!!! and when the movies not even in theaters anymore and not on dvd or rental yet, this website is PERFECT!!!!

December 7, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. lois clark

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbtQacZRII&w=640&h=390]

May 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. precy

Isn't he the most charming and most grateful boy? I'm glad he won. He'll go a long way with that great voice!!!

May 27, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sherrie

James was better..he is my second choice..great job..

May 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Quit The Hate

WOW! I can't believe how many people are down right mean and nasty about Scotty winning! Here is this 17-year-old kid who tries out for a television show and ends up winning it, and everyone acts like he's going around kicking puppies and beating up old ladies. So what if your not a country music fan (I'm not) or don't like the way he looks. Can't you just be happy for someone else's sucess? Or do you just trash everything that anyone does besides yourself. I hate to break it to you but there are about 300 Million people in this country who all have different tastes and opinions. This is why they take votes from the public, to find out who people want to win. Maybe your favorite didn't win, but Scotty wasn't responsible for how people voted. Lay of bashing Scotty. Let the kid enjoy the rewards he has earned.

May 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TWEETHEART

Relax, everyone, it's just a show. It didn't cost you anything, but your time. It's great to see all the talented people – who wins, either right or wrong, who cares? Most of the winners have not made it, anyway, while some that came in second or were booted out early in the game, have been successful. The only time it will cost you, is if you buy their record. ENJOY – it's all good!!

May 27, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jan

THIS IS A NICE KID AND TALENTED INDEED! WHAT A VOICE! HE SINGS LIKE A PRO, EVERY SONG TRANSCENDS....

May 27, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. wanda

SCOTTY IS A DREAM COME TRUE....I HOPE HE AND LAUREN MARRY SOMEDAY....I DON'T THINK THEY WILL EVER BE HAPPY WITH ANYONE ELSE, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MUCH ALIKE., SOUL- MATES.....WHY PASS BY SOMEONE, THAT IS PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER.......THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER... BOTH GOOD LOOKING, ALTHOUGH , I THINK LAUREN COULD LOOSE 10 LBS TO BE HER BEST IN THE LOOKS DEPARTMENT..... GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH

May 27, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Snotty

Scotty won for one reason....America is afraid of anything different. White bread, vanilla, country singing Garth Brooks, George W Bush-looking Christian dorks are what this nation embraces when it comes to music. Welcome to the Land of the Eternal Redneck.

I will be purchasing Haley, James and Casey's albums and supporting REAL, diverse talent.

May 27, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Quit the Hate

Looks like rednecks don't corner the market on racism, huh?

May 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Hate Idiots

People like YOU are the reason our world is so messed up. Get out of your momma's basement, get a job, and stop talking trash about this kid that has done more in 6 months with his life than you will ever do with yours. He stands UP for God and has morals. If more people had those our country wouldnt be going to hell in a hand basket. Your mother should have swallowed. Bless your heart... ;)

May 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. krisie

THERE ARE A LOT OF BITTER PEOPLE HERE!!!!!!!! GET A LIFE YOU GUYS. Show the world your breeding, not your jealousy! THIS KID IS GOING TO MAKE MILLIONS, WATCH AND LEARN.

May 27, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lorraine

Country took the win this year. COUNTRY, CNN. Say it. Own it, CNN Not just another "nice" guy. But turns out nice "guy" Scotty McCreery can sing with the best of them – and Lauren Alaina too. The very, very best of all of them. Last year's winner, Lee Dewyze was no country crooner – even though he was a "nice" guy – so give it up to THIS YEAR being a brand new year for Idol. And for the country – COUNTRY MUSIC is taking center stage – on Idol and all across this nation. And that's the NEWS that CNN should be reporting out of this end result – not just another "nice" guy story.

May 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snotty

COUNTRY music blows. Idol is supposed to being about range, diversity and actual talent. Scotty can't sing anything that doesn't require a thick drawl and steel guitar. He's a one-note clown who just happened to appeal to the central mass of this country...idiot rednecks.

May 27, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Country fan, NOT

I doubt you speak for all Americans, at least I hope not. Country has its place, but still, it is not my preference.
      American Idol is NOT the showcase for simply country silly girl. It is the showcase for all music. If it is as you suggest, then Idol would not be watched other than in some USA states, certainly not the world stage.
      When I think country, I think southern, rural etc. NYC which to me is the artsy of the arts and has a vast population is not country, nor will it ever be, thank goodness. As in most music genres, it is riding a high for the moment, but just for the moment...country does not splinter to musical fushion in the same way rock does, simply by definition.

May 27, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. KAAN01

What I dont understand is all of the people who get on here and have absolutely nothing nice to say, if you dont like what American Idol is or the contestants they have on STOP WATCHING IT! and apparently most of your mothers did not teach you that if you do not have something nice to say then shut the **** up. Apparenlty saying vile things about a young kid makes you feel good about your self, but I can bet it wont make him feel good to read it. You should all be so proud of yourselves.

May 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

I think he deserved the win, and what I am seeing are a LOT of people that are just down right jealous. He and Alaina would make a great couple!!!

Both had a lot of talent, but in the end I think America made the right choice. For me, the top two should have been him and James.

May 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • macky

I know right? Hoo. a lot of jealous people on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to be ashamed of all their uneducated remarks when the kid is making millions.

May 27, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  14. vomfu

Wow, what a lot of negativity here. Scotty won because he got the most votes. He has a great voice. Several of the finalists, I believe, will have promising careers because there's a lot of talent there. I enjoyed the show.

May 26, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gary67a

PTL... scotty can borrow my dentures anytime, a true megastar.

May 26, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. NC Wafer

Well, honestly he has a nice voice, however if I wanted to listen to some 70's country music, I would of chosen Willie Nelson or some of the others from "that era". Other than this, he seems like a great kid.

May 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Scottie Fan

Excellent job Scottie!

May 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. CJack14dt

I caught a glimpse of the final show and had heard one of the finalists was a "hot jock". To my amazement a hot jock nowadays is the love child of Alfred Nueman and Conway Twitty. I feel like I am so much more attractive now.

May 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. SHAUN

CHILL PEOPLE JUST BE HAPPY FOR THEM..DAM!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Idol Fanatic

There is a huge population out here in middle America who is tired of seeing earrings, nose rings, tattoos, belly rings, etc.And we made ourselves heard. Yes, Scotty can sing, but he also respresents what we feel is decent and right in the next generation. That's a true American Idol.

May 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amazed at such drivel

I will be the first to comment on your conception of middle America.
      Who are you to judge as 'we' of middle America do not like tattoos and rings in noses and more?
      I laughed at your comment in light of the 'FACT' it suggests that all the votes cast by those that do nothing but vote over and over for a set number of hours is going to show to the world who is in charge of musical ethics.
      I think it does just the opposite! Now I know why I find the voting disgusting, lol.

May 27, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. sally

while I was for James all along, I'm happy for Scotty. He's a nice kid, has a terrific voice, and presented himself well.
    Reading the comments that people send in always amazes me..a bunch of no-talent, judgmental jerks being as nasty and
    rude as they can, for what? All you are doing is proving to the world that you are a classless, uncaring mean person.
    Proud of yourselves for that?

May 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CritiquelyAcclaimed

Wow, whole lotta hatin' goin' on! I am team Scotty all the way – I think he has a mega career in front of him, and I think he'll be a huge success in SPITE of what being an idol winner tends to do to someone's career. I think the problem is that there is no promotion of the albums. For instance, Lee has an album out? I honestly had NO IDEA. I liked Lee (although not as much as Bowersox) and I would have at least given his album a listen. But country music fans are a different breed, and I don't think Scotty will have any trouble with album sales, much like Carrie Underwood. I was her fan as soon as I heard her first song on the radio. Same thing with Scotty. I think he's kind of a young Randy "golden pipes" Travis, and to me that is pretty exciting!

PS – I want Scotty and Lauren to have little country babies together...when they're older, of course.

May 26, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lea12

All of you have to remember that the outcome of AI will not impact the rest of your life. When it is up to the voters it is any bodys win. It might be a little fairer if they limited everyone to 10 votes only, but come on now. Next month most of us will have forgotten who won anyway. Just enjoy the show, have fun with it, and don't get so up tight.

May 26, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Terrell

The headline the other day was asking if anyone even cared about American Idol and its finalist... I guess CNN does care..

May 26, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Me

Remember that guy that snubbed Scotty in round 2? I wonder how he feels now. ;)
    On a side note, Pia Tuscano should have won. My jaw dropped when she got voted off, because of all the contestants, she was clearly the most talented.

May 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mckay

Have you seen pictures of the wildly screaming fans of The Beatles? TEENAGE GIRLS. Teen girls create the music idols. I think Scotty is a fantastic American Idol and I'm glad to see someone who's polite, kind and talented win this contest. He's a great role model for my son, who voted for Scotty. Many of the commenters here could take a lesson in polite social skills. It wouldn't kill you to be nice. I'll be one of the first to buy his CD.

May 26, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. olitenup

He sounds just like a number of country western singers. Nothing original. Hailey should have won...but then she may be the only one that actually makes it.

May 26, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mountain Jack

Alfred E. Newman wins American Idol. The teeny boppers have spoken. The true talent, James Durbin, gets screwed. Just another year of American Idol.

May 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. J.C.

WE ALL HAVE JUST BEEN RICKROLLED BY THIS RICK ASTLEY LOOK ALIKE

May 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Helen

Wow! White-boy-winning streak? Where's the white peoples Rev. Sharpton at? And it's COUNTRY-FIED NOT COUNTRY FRIED! STUPPS!!

May 26, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lara

*sigh* this is what happens when 14 yr old girls have cell phones... so disappointed...

May 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJo

...And 20 year olds, 30 year olds, 40 year olds and oh wait like me 50 year olds. People have different tastes in music. That's why there are so many choices of music. It's OK if you like someone else better. That’s your prerogative. I have liked other’s better in the past seasons, but didn’t throw a fit and threatened to take my toys home. I keep voiting! Congratulations American Idol on a wonderful, talented season!

May 26, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jus sayin

I'm a HALEY FAN....and eventho I don't take it to heart or lose sleep over it, it gets on my nerves hearing ppl say "she just yells"..no, she belts out her tunes....just like Mary J, just like Beyonce, just like Patti LaBelle and all the other greats...if u like Jazz, RnB and SOUL music, then that's ur thing. I don't like Scotty for the win, but I never said he can't sing or just hits low notes to win points....altho i never felt he showed versatility or growth, i give credit when it's due.....so y not do the same???

May 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alex

Scotty is the best singer in this years Idol. He has a majestic male voice. Alaina is equally good with a fantastic female voice. Two can't win sadly.

May 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Debbie

I agree with TE – Haley did nothing but scream and growl. I was so glad she was out, I was jumping up and down like a teenager (and did you see that look of horror on her face?). And I am 60 years young. I voted for James every time (all 2 hours) and was so disappointed when he left. He should have won it all and will do great. But I am happy for Scotty and I did vote all 4 hours for him. He's right in thanking the Lord, like he said, because without Him we can do nothing. Scotty will have a great career ahead of him.

May 26, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  35. john

You don't mention the fact that all the little 13 year olds at home are voting as many times as they can in the 4 hour window to vote. The out come would have been different if they limited everyone to one vote.

May 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Helen

I stopped watching the show when Pia was knocked off and will not watch the show anymore. Just a popularity contest with the teenyboppers. Love the judges though but the show lost me as a viewer.

May 26, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  37. AnnieM

I just want to hear them sing "Jackson" together. Maybe they will be the next Johnny & June...

May 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. dave

Good for him. Cool and hip are the most overrated things in music.... it has nothing to actually DO with the music

May 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Yup

Does anyone actually give a crap? Seriously? Show is a joke, people that watch it are a joke. I'll give the kiddies a break because they don't know any better and yeah he does look like the dude from MAD mag, a lot actually. So enjoy your 15 minutes because I dont think really any of these turds have had much of a career.

May 26, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quit The Hate

Do you feel better about trashing a couple of kids who haven't even finished high school? I'm not a country music fan, and actually haven't watched the show that much, but come on. Is it necessary to call people turds just b/c you don't particularly care for their music or the show? How would you feel if this was your child or family member and people were calling them names? These all of these kids have shown graciousness and good sportsmanship, you could learn from them. Seriously, grow up!

May 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bookenz

Idol has become of joke with the past three so-called winners. Bring on X-Factor.

May 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jennifer

Really? 13 year-old girls who are finishing up the school year have more time on their hands and 40 and 50 year old empty-nesters and 20-something year olds? When Scotty didn't get booted after giving an awful performance a few weeks I predicted him winning. He has a HUGE fan-base. If you didn't like him, then you should have voted for someone else throughout the season. And if you don't care, then don't comment on here. It's real easy. Either way... Congratulations Scotty and Lauren!

May 26, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. TROLOLOLOLOLOL

American Idol is a gimick for american sheep! Great job you talentless-popularity-contest-winner....

May 26, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • ryan51

its also designed to sell S#X to little girls. you know the whole "my ginie tickles" thing. -_-

May 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • heather

SLOW DOWN DUDE! so much hate in there! Very unscholarly accusation!

May 27, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  43. Sparky

Yeah! Anybody but Haley! My favorite moment on the show was watching her get kicked off. Buh-bye!

May 26, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Rose

Wow, talk about immature group, such trash from your mouths. This boy deserved this, just like Lauran and Halley did. Scotty 17, Lauren 16, Halley 20, all young and all good. Sounds like a jealous bunch to me. I'd be imbarrassed if I were your parents, did they really raise you this way? Very sad to not be happy for someone, or someones that did a great job.

May 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Derek

People in hip cities Like Los Angeles and New York don't watch this show, we are too busy living our lives but in bumpkin states where there are tons of bored teenage girls of course they are going to vote for a cute guy instead of a real singer with range and diversity. While this kid has a good voice for country he is not an American Idol. This show is a joke and a teen magazine popularity contest nothing more.

May 26, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. nacho mama

I can't stand country. I abhor it. That being said, the first time I heard this kid, I knew he'd win because I stopped what I was I doing to give my full attention to his performance. He won because he's talented, nice (helps) and he was very consistent week after week.

May 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Arthur Fonzarelli

Glad AI decided to jump that shark AYYYYY

May 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. votefortheworstdotcom

wow we actually pulled it off!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  49. IS THIS MIC A FLUTE?! WIDDLY SCUDS!

Scotty prances around the stage with T-Rex arms like he has cerebral palsy and Lauren's about 2 years away from a gastric bypass. Rah-tards and fatties win again!

May 26, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Did you seriously just use the "R" word and call a 16 year old fat?

May 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaine

And you are a total ignoramous.......

May 26, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJo

Grow Up!

May 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

It's no wonder we have so much bullying in schools. If adults are still dishing out this much hatred for someone they don't even know and have never met. Please grow up, Scotty and Alaina are still children and they have worked hard to get where they are. At least they are not out on the streets abusing drugs or painting grafitti.

May 27, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  50. Mudfish

If anything, I'm really hoping that James Durbin, Pia Tuscano, and Haley Reinhardt all get signed by record labels and have great success, winner or not!

May 26, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  51. idol has jumped the shark

the fact that scotty won over all the awesome talent that was ten times better than him, proves that no one is watching this show except the friends and family of the contestants.

the show is OVER!

May 26, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mudfish

I think they should change the vote format...we should be voting to send someone home each week. America blew it this year and probably for the past several years (Daughtry? Bowersox? Bice?), but this teeny-bop following of a zillion girls voting for "cute" Scotty. Once Pia was punted, I was done...then I watched again only to see James sent packing....hate this show now!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ryan51

American Idol is just a conspiracy to sell S#X to little girls ya know...

May 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  54. karen

I don't understand how you can say such horrible things about someone you don't know and never will. Scotty was my favorite and I wanted him to win!!!! I would never say the hateful things about any of the other singers though. What is wrong with you people? You really need to take a good look at the hate you have in you. Wow I can't imagine waking up every morning feeling that way. All the singers deserve praise!

May 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jess

I'm a big Haley fan. I'm tired of country music. Scotty's has the same vocals as any other country crooner. I tried voting for Haley every week but the line was busy! Look at the itunes page, she has more people downloading her music the other boring 2 country stars! GO HALEY, I hope you decide to do an album in the near future, because I'll buy it. America was wrong once again, just like the past couple of years!

May 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Andi

Scotty deserved this win. He will bring a lot of new fans to Country Music. Me for one. I will definitely buy his CD. It is so refreshing to have someone who is truly talented and not over the top, or he didn't deserve to win...actually win! Great Job Scotty!

May 26, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. bms

Show was wonderful ..Tony Bennett a special treat..Haley will alway remember the duet she and Tony did as one of the high lights of her life...I am really surprised AL allowed the horrible action of Lady Gaga since it is suppose to be a family show ..too many young girls look up to her....very shameful....best top 13 ever!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • nacho mama

I didn't care much for Haley. I didn't like her growling and once I finally heard her plain old singing, I thought she's doing the wrong genre, she needs to sing jazz. I think she would have made the finals if she had done that.

May 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  58. TJ

Country music is a much different industry than pop. This kid is going to have a long successful career.

May 26, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Samuel R. Preston, III

Congratulations! Enjoy your first full day of fading into obscurity.

May 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

Here, here! I'll raise a glass, or three, to that!

May 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quit The Hate

Really! He's a 17 year old kid who won a television show. Do you really wish this guy not to be sucessful just b/c you don't care for his singing or the show itself. He's been away from his friends and family for year trying to win this thing, and that's what you have to say? Wouldn't you want your kids to be sucessful and for other people to show them common courtesy? Wow, how can people be so mean?

May 27, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  60. steeve-o

How about that Phillies Reds game though! Man that was crazy!

May 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. steeve-o

Man, he really murdered that attempt at singing at the end, when he decided to go hug his family and thank everyone around him while trying to hold a tune. He should've bagged it altogether. Kinda reminded me of Obama's toast to the Queen.

May 26, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Fran

Haley or James should have won but I am happy glad scottie won and not Lauren she was awful.

May 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  63. FrustratedOverFlawedShowDesign

I think that this show will always be fundamentally flawed until they only allow one vote per person/phone/ip and they go by the DISTINCT votes. With today's technology, how are we not guaranteed that there aren't smartphone apps out there automating the sending of texts and completely skewing the votes? Would loved to have seen what each seaon's winners would have been if someone went back and did distinct recounts.

May 26, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  64. bluemax77

YAWNNNNNN....!!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Alex

Lauren's cd will make the top charts before Scotty's impersonation of a male country western singer will. He's got no skills! Not even cowboy ninja skills! The song Idol gave him to sing was crap! I love you this big? WT@!

May 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Janeva

I think Haley sunk herself–she didn't come off well arguing with the judges, she looked defensive and arrogant. Also, my tween granddaughters and all of their friends wanted (and voted for) Lauren–not Scotty. So more than tweeners must have been voting.
    Congratulations to all of them for chasing their dreams and working so hard.

May 26, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • marty

Agree 100% with Janeva - Haley was too self centered, conceited and where were her polite ways of social behavior? Talking back to and interupting the judges? NO CLASS Haley - NO CLASS! Her Daddy can use her in his band and stay local.

May 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Sherrie

I was pulling for Scotty, but they whole thing could have been done in less than 2 hours. I'm glad I was able to fast forward through the parts I didn't want to see. Namely the TRASHY show Lady Gaga put on. American Idol needs to re-think who they get to perform when young children are watching what is considered a family show.....

May 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

What did Lady Gaga do that was trashy? And btw, she's probably the most talented singer out there right now. Don't judge her by her looks. Definitely weird, but very talented.

May 26, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Seriously

I don't care how you feel about Scotty or George W...but...Doesn't anyone else think Scotty looks like he could be the son of George W. and Laura? He looks like W, and could totally pass as the brother of the twins!

May 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ana

I truly liked Scotty. We need a new good looking country singer and I think he will do good. I was a little tired of all the Kelly Clarksons and Carrie Underwood. I think I really like this years pic. He's young, has charisma and has a nice deep country voice. I will buy his album

May 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  70. HarleySporster883

A nice young man with a good voice, BUT certainly not the best singer, that was Haley, hands down, the diversity she had was awesome. Scotty winning is not because he was the most talented,, but a result of 1000's of girls a certain age with unlimited texting plans.

May 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

Not so fast... I'm 50ish and although I have unlimited texting, I called in my votes for Scotty. ☺

May 26, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

@ Donna, you just proved comedian Bill Maher's statement that American adults behave like children. Like he said, you probably also drink the sweetest, almost milkshake-like coffee drinks at Starbucks and stand in lines to be the first to premiere Harry Potter movies. Go for you! I'm in my mid-20's and I have better things to do with my life...

May 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Konstantine

Neither of them should of been in the finally. They are simply not star material. But out of the two I am glad Scotty won.

May 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ruby

I enjoyed the show. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Didn't care enough to vote though. I am more excited about SYTYCD!!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Namaste

Some of you people are just plain rude! That is what is wrong with this country. The guy is 17 years old for Christ sake! He worked hard, remained humble and deserved to win. Not to mention he is adorable. Just a good decent guy. Something some of you'll know nothing about.

May 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • robin quivers

if you like scotty, you're what's wrong with this country

May 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

I'm pretty sure this is still a free country and we can say what we want to. So here goes – Scotty sux and James should have been the winner.

May 26, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  74. jorgebayside

Idol always puts on the best finale show and this year was no exception. Imagine having the contestants sing with stars of their music genre. You can make as much fun of Scottys looks, voice etc. He will make more money in his lifetime than you will ever hope to. ,He will be the one laughing as he checks his bank account.

May 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. LovinScottyMcCreeryToday

Why is this article harping on the idea that two good looking people that met on Idol may have found each other? Where does that come into play in who won? Really, what did the author of this article feel was going to be accomplished by throwing that in at the end of the article? Young people find each other all the time. Good for them from being professional about it through the shown but yet when the time was right opening up to the public about it. If for one hope they remain great friends for life. And if they find there is more to it, then we will have the first IDOL couple!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. homer simpson

is it bad that scotty looks like the MAD magazine kid? oh, and that he's gay?

May 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • LovinScottyMcCreeryToday

Nope. Neither is bad. But since you mentioned it, I think it is you that needs to take a good look in the mirror and see if you are so perfect that you should be judging others.

May 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • homer s

well, i looked in the mirror and it turns out that i am perfect

May 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • TE

YOU ARE STUPID..."Homer" Grow UP!!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • homer simpson

I'm stupid? you're the idiot who likes country music. are you too blind to see that he's just been copying someone else's style?

May 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • LUVUCARRIEUNDERWOOD

I beleive the MAD Mag guy was Alfred E. Newman or some such.

May 26, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ben20

I agree the guy on the cover of MAD Magazine is HOT!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

*yawn*

May 26, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJo

Childish!

May 26, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  77. NTV

Pia was the one who should have won the singing contest this year because she could sing the best.

May 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • TE

Pia was so boring, I think if she would have put on a show vs. standing there singing ballets she may have won. She really should have did some of the moves she did last night.....

May 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Haley Fan

I agree Pia had the best voice, but wasn't really given the chance to show what else she could do. She should have stepped it up each and every week, but she just didn't have the stage presence. If given the chance I think she could do very well.

May 26, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

Pia does have a good voice. But she was so boring. I had to FF through her performances most of the time to keep from dozing off.

May 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Casual Observer

Pia was the best pure singer of the bunch but was boring to watch, very pretty but boring. Haley had some great moments but was inconsistent. What killed her is the way she came off personally. Whenever she opened her mouth, besides singing, the way she talked to the judges or reacted to their criticism is what killed her. She came off as to full of herself to be likeable. Too bad cause she had a lot of potential. Biggest problem with Idol is their voting system. Vote one time and one time only and for the person you most want to see go home. They won't be able to brag about their inflated vote totals but the show would improve dramatically. Anyway congratulations to Scotty, seems like a nice guy and has a voice that was created to sing country music. Too bad I'm not that big a fan of country music but that's my problem.

May 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stan

Well TE, Scotty and Lauren are equally boring. I didn't see them dancing around the stage either. You are you giving the country singers a pass as far as stage presence? I'd rather hear Pia's beautiful voice in a 2-hour long concert than Scotty or Lauren. They're so boring; like watching paint dry. Thank goodness other music fans have The Voice and we'll soon have Simon's show coming up. Idol has become predictable and cheesy because of their voting method. But congratulations to Scotty and good luck to all this year's contestants with their music careers.

May 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Russ

Although I think Scotty has a chance of being successful, look how boring George Strait is, the reason the winners don't do so well is because they are boring. Unless they change the voting rules to keep teeny boppers from voting a million times each, it isn't going to change. The Adam Lamberts, James Durbin's and Haley Reinharts are not going to win until that happens.

May 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Te

American is too SCARED of heavy metal...I was voting for james all the way!!! He will make it BIG ....American seriously give METAL A CHANCE

May 26, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Haley Fan

I agree the voting needs to change... I don't see it happening until Fox starts losing viewers and then wonder why. I don't seriously believe the number of votes that Ryan says each week they go up... From last week they went up over 20 million more votes – seems like a fix to me... American Idol has turned into a BIG JOKE!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Sadly, many of you are missing the point of the lesson. America DID "give metal a chance." And, having given it that chance, they didn't like it as much as they liked country. Now, you're welcome to disagree, but that doesn't change the facts. One isn't right and the other wrong; metal just appeals to a smaller audience.

Knock country all you want, but it's America's most popular form of music. Garth Brooks is the second best selling solo artist, only a little behind Elvis.

And look at where Idol's success has been. Yeah, Kelly Clarkson is basically pop. But two of her biggest hits were collaborations with Reba McEntyre and Jason Aldean. The biggest Idol success of them all is Carrie Underwood. Others who didn't win Idol have found success in country music.

So, rant all you like, but a good country singer will always have an edge on Idol.

May 26, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  79. jrmcadams77

Wow... I also love how 1 person is making all the gay comments about him on several different handles... Jealous much?

May 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • NOT

Scotty is not gay...you gotta be kidding if you think he is gay. Or you are gay yourself and WISH he was....sheesh!

May 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Montana Gal

Scotty was my favorite from the auditions on. Gosh, I was impressed when he started singing right after Tim McGraw did the beginning of the song. What a voice! I for one, will buy his CD's.

May 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • jrmcadams77

As will I! I couldnt believe how he well he was able to hold his own against Tim McGraw! It was pretty amazing!

May 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo fisher

do you think tim was wearing his toupe under the hat

May 26, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LovinScottyMcCreeryToday

What I loved about that performance was that Scotty was a comfortable being on that stage as was Tim. He was just as professional and sounded just as great. He did not get all giddy and childish about sharing the stage with a great country star. I love his style!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • AGE

HE STINKS

May 26, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  81. jrmcadams77

Scotty was amazing! Congrats dude! Best singer this year, and I predicted him to win it all during auditions. Dude has an amazing country music voice. Haters of country music will complain about this until next year, but guess what? Scotty is IN IT TO WIN IT....

May 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Mike

cute?

May 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  83. CJ

Scotty has a true classic country voice, he'll do very well. Brought me back to the days of being with my dad listening to good ol country tunes. True raw talent without all the screaming and special effects. Hope he stays true to his faith and beliefs. Best wishes to beautiful Lauren, seems like a great kid too.

May 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Ed

So what is wrong if he is gay? As lok as he can sing and you can understand him. sorry folks this rap crap is just that crap. Nothing musical about it but noise and most of the time you can't understand what is being said. I didn't watch and wish I did now. There are a lot of gay people in the entertainment field. You just don't know who they are. I am gay too and damn proud of it.

May 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Donna

Move over, Tim and Faith! There's a new King and Queen of country coming to Nashville! Congratulations, Scotty and Lauren!

May 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  86. barryswife

Worse finals show EVER!!! How could the show's producers allow such performers as Lady Gaga getting laid at the end of her song, Beyonce singing about making love, Jennifer Lopez looked like a chicken in that white getup of a costume and the dancers behind her looked like her baby chicks (and I'm not saying they looked HOT, they looked just as ridiculous). And how could the show NOT allow Steven Tyler to ROCK that place? Blows my mind. Worst show EVER

May 26, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Stanley

Nonsense, Haley is a far better singer. Of course, American Idol isn't about talent or singing at the end. It's about popularity. The way of the world...

May 26, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Popular Kid

You're right, it is about popularity. Now go run and hide before I give you a wedgie!

May 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • TE

Haley sucks!!! I would not pay to see her!! The only way I would pay to see miss growley is at the zoo in her cage!!! Get over it she LOST!!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robyn

Haley ran hot and cold. Half the time her raspy voice just came off as yelling. She lost due to her inconsistency. These two kids are talented and deserve accalades not disdain from what I am sure is an older, and supposedly, wiser person.

May 26, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

Haley will have a great career – as a cruise ship lounge singer.

May 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • country is backkkkk

Haley never sang one song without growling...thats not singing.

May 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • ginny's eye

Like my wayward neice, who should know, said whenever Hayley sang – That girl has worked for years in a 'gentleman's club'.

May 26, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Phil

It's good to know that talent no longer matters in America. Behold your cute, adorable wuppy-puppy little piece of evidence.

May 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quit The Hate

Saying what is talent is like saying what is art, everyone has a different idea. Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but for others it might be the best thing they've ever heard. Different strokes for different folks. In my honest opinion, I believe the finalist are decided ahead of time by the producers according to which marketing campaign American Idol is promoting. Just my own thought. But you're right about one thing. Scotty is cute as a puppy :)

May 27, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  89. guy

Well Done Scotty McCreery!!!.......from:) Guy McCreery, London ON. Canada....NO relation!!!!hahahaha!

May 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Robert

Scotty was just down right GREAT! What a pro he is and what a career he is going to have!

May 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • TE

Scotty did an amazing job, people hat on sooo many people at so many levels, that will never change. Scotty has a great voice and will do amazing things. He also was brave and gave thanks to the ONE who deserved all the thanks; God!! James was amazing with Judas priest as well; there was alot of talent on the show last night! Congrats to Scotty and Lauren and to all the top 11....Great year American Idol...My daughter loved Scotty from the start, she voted 1364 times tuesday night, shes a huge fan! :) People hate on others because they have nothing better to do!

May 26, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  91. WLM

I cant get over how much he looks like the guy from Mad... The cartoon guy.. it makes me laugh ever time I see him
    He was never my favourite, neither was she, but whatever.... he will be no where shortly just like the last winner, Lee that wasnt even invited back or the guy before that..... what was his name the one the beat Adam Lambert?

May 26, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  92. moon627

Scotty is far and away NOT an American Idol

Everybody knows it all comes down to WHO does the voting . . . i didnt vote – did you ?

I enjoyed all the kids coming back for the finale and singing with the stars... not sure why they had to drag out old Tony Bennett – poor Haley ...

Loved Lady Gaga, U2 , and Steven Tyler the best :)

May 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjinmd

moon, as a matter of fact I did vote, several times, for two hours. Just to throw water on your fire, I'm a 73 year old grandmother, not a teeny bopper.

May 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • LovinScottyMcCreeryToday

You obviously have no idea what an "IDOL" is in today's music world. Pop stars are trying to get the kids votes. They are the ones buying music these days. Music stores, if there are any, don't attract the more mature shoppers. They get the kids. Scotty is exactly what this show is all about. 122 million voters. Sure there are the older generations that watched and voted. But its the tweens and teens that are bringing the money!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Haley Fan

I voted up til the top 3 (and did vote for Haley), but after that I didn't care once Haley was voted off it didn't matter to me who won anymore. Didn't watch Lauren or Scotty battle it out nor did I really care to watch the finale. I did want to watch Country Idol. I miss the American Idol from the first few seasons when you had to be a diverse singer not just a one trick pony. In the beginning you had to prove that you could sing any style of music not just one.

May 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

Moon and Haley Fan _ you are so RIGHT ON ! There was absolutely no originality with the 2 remaining contestants _ just more of the same old boring middle america old fashioned country wailing we've heard too many times before on this show _ it reallys blows !

IDOL = somebody or something greatly admired or loved, often to excess ...
      I agree that Scotty definitely does not fill the bill unless you're one of the above

May 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • emma

Are you kidding? Anybody who's anybody has jumped at the chance to sing a duet with Tony Bennett if offered the chance. Those that recorded a duet with him include Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bono of U2, Tim McGraw, Celline Dion, Stevie Wonder, Elvis Costello, Dianna Krall, Sting, John Legend, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Barbara Striesand, and the Dixie Chicks. Haley lucked up on that opportunity – no doubt.

May 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  93. kim

I'm sooooooooooo happy for Scotty. I thought the judges favoritism all along for Lauran would backfire on him. Thank goodness the voters were heard. Way to go Scotty!

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • moon Cricket

AHHH...just finished layin out a steamy pile of manure for ya.

May 26, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • bb

And now the real snoozefest begins with the release of Scotty's singles for grandma's doing wheelchair jazzercize – at a nursing home near you nationwide.

May 26, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Peace

A lot of complaining about the top 2. Talk of the "tween" votes etc...did the people complaining vote ? There was a lot of talent this year, but w/o the votes it just doesn't matter. I wish they would change the voting system. I think more would vote if you were only given, say, 5 per phone line or so many per online or texting votes.BTW, I think those 2 young people make a cute couple! Good day all !

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • PandoraDoggl

I did vote. I voted more times than I've ever bothered to vote before for Haley. The problem is, 13-year-old girls have a lot more time and drive on their hands to sit around and vote for their favorites for two hours straight. I think it's lame that anyone can vote more than once (though I see the money-making potential in it for AT&T, and good for them for making money). Where they need to take a good look at it is here: if 19 Entertainment isn't making much selling albums for the winners because, let's face it, they're apparently not that popular among the "I watch the show but I don't vote 75 times over the course of two hours, and I happen to be the one in the house making the money it takes to buy albums" crowd, then they need to consider changing the way voting happens.

May 26, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • PK

Almost every senior I know in our complex, who watch Idol, preferred Scotty. Why? You can understand his words! He doesn't scream! We may be hard of hearing but we like softer music. I believe the opposite. The seniors LOVED Scotty. He is a decent, respectful teen, and not ashamed of his family or faith. Added to that he's a great Country Folk Singer! His parents should be very proud!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Haley Fan

@Pandoradoggl – I agree they need to change the voting system.. Some of us who did vote for other contestants can't stay up the extra 2 hours to vote because oh wow – we have to get up and go to work... So yeah they need to not only change the voting system, but change the judges to people who actually know how to judge and not pick favorites and then hype praise all over them and then criticize the ones that they don't really like as much. Everyone should be criticized for each and every performance. I miss Simon – whether I agreed with him or not I respected his honesty. All the judges do on there is give the OPINION!!! That's not judging.

May 26, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • jamie

II used to vote, but not this year. They do need to change the voting system to be more fair by limiting the number of votes from any one source. Other contest shows do it and it works great. Imagine if we voted for politicians this way!! 10 vote max from any one source should be it. But they won't change it because they're too interested in the "numbers" they like to brag about, even though it's bogus. I myself voted over 300 times for Adam Lambert one night last year. Didn't help because there were others who voted thousands of times. Silly. I'm happy for Scotty and Lauren though. They are sweet and they are talented. James was my guy though!

May 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • age

Its not the Cinderella story. Scotty was not the best singer in the group.

May 26, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Idol fencer

After James was voted off, I read alot of blogs to assess American Idol as this was my first year watching.
      It seems to me, American Idol needs to change their voting system to bring more credibilty to their show. I cannot imagine voting over and over and over, and doubt many busy adults can do the same. I believe American Idol uses this 'popularity driven excess voting' to boost their ratings. Seacrest always refers to the numbers. This may work for those that are in the game to vote as much as they can in the alotted time. For the rest of us, that does not fly. Having reached a certain stage in my life, I do not like being taken as a fool over this sort of popularity voting craze. Hence, I doubt I will watch much Idol in the future...except I really do like seeing Tyler.

May 27, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

My opinion – This whole thing could be fixed by voting for who you want ELIMINATED instead of your favorite to stay.

That having been said, I was glad to see Scotty win. Was he the most talented? Maybe not, but talented enough to have a future in the country music scene.

May 27, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  95. LK

Congrats to Scotty and Lauren. Tony and Monnie...youre both jealous idiots. There, much better.

May 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wendy

Yeah, your right. Jealous dumbos. Wonder what worthy thing they have done in life thus far? Losers.

May 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • LovinScottyMcCreeryToday

@Yolanda Weiner So what if he is!! Just another hater of someone that actually chased a dream and won!! He is charismatic, good looking and has a silky smooth voice. No Drama all American guy. Good for him for doing what you could not.

May 26, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Yeah, because winning a glorified kareoke contest is such a "worthy thing"

May 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan51

Idol is just a conspiracy to sell S#X to little girls like that episode of south park with the Jonas Brothers...

May 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • robin

Believe me, if they could sing like that they wouldn't be slammin them a bit!!!

May 26, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Tony Montana

He's a Horse.

May 26, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

Crystal should have won last year and Haley should have won this year.

The problem is that mostly young girls vote and guess who they vote for :)

May 26, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BamaJock

@Tony Montana

what do you mean by that? His face looks like one? Or are you speaking of somewhere else (perhaps in the pants)?

May 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ben20

hey we all already knew that American Idol was a big joke anyways since the beginning... or at least the smart ones did 0_o

May 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paolo

He looks like that dude on the cover of MAD magazine.

May 26, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • bb

Yep, that's what Scott's style, kind of like singing through a deep belch sounds like – a horse.

May 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • ben20

naw... the guy on mad is much better looking

May 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaine

And you're a jerk. At least he has a future.....

May 26, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Alfred Neuman meets Woody from the Toy Story

May 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • suckiit

Well then he's a horse who's about to be a millionaire... and you're just a jealous broke dbag on the internet, lol.

May 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • kimmerton

what a joke! excellent job, america, could you have found a dumber looking or acting contestant? disgusting.

May 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bozack

He's god awful is what he is.

The ironic thing about him winning is, out of the 11 finalists, he will have the worst career other than Stefano. Lauren, Paul, Pia, James, Haley and Casey were all better and it wasnt even close. But I guess what can I expect when a billion little teenage girls are doing all the voting.

May 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • john percer

Well if he's a horse, I would LOVE to ride him...ummm umm

May 26, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bettyboop

What a bunch of jealous, have- nothing- going- for- yourself morons. For someone who doesn't care you sure are bothered by someone else's triumps. Maybe that's the only way you can justify your pathetic existence. Congratulations to Scotty and Lauren. I can guarantee you that they have more class in their baby toes than you idiots do. At least they have a future...yours is just sitting at a computer injecting your hatred because you suck (and you know it). Boo, hoo, hoo.....

May 26, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ward Whittaker

who will have more money, fame, and babes than you ever will dude.

May 26, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dancingwiththejars

You don't have to look very hard to find hatred being spewed out on the internet. It's like gangrene. You disagree with someone? Call them a loser. Don't like the way they look? Make fun of them. Don't like the way they sing? Ridicule their voice as the next closest thing to a nightmare. Wish another contestant had won? Whine about the teenage girl vote. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of crybabies. Scotty's going to be a superstar. Deal with it.

May 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • S.W.

Not a horse – but clearly sings like one.

May 26, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronnie

'Whur did mah baaybee go? On a bull naaymed feeoooo maaen cheeooo. Ahhh want mah baaybee back baaybee back baaybee back....nay!

May 26, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • jet

That's really mean of you. Wait till he gets the spotlight in the music industry....

May 27, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • LA

This girl is very happy about this win:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iE1aqTM_rs&w=640&h=390]

May 27, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  97. ha

ha jelous much, he looks so gay kissing all the hot chicks on idol

May 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  98. ryan seacrest

it was all an act. we were bumping uglies immediately after the show.

May 26, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |