Lady Gaga: When I'm not onstage, I feel dead
May 26th, 2011

Lady Gaga: When I'm not onstage, I feel dead

Not to be outdone by the Winfrey-palooza, Lady Gaga is still dropping memorable bon mots left, right and in this week’s Rolling Stone.

The superstar says she’s been really into “Rocky IV” lately, culling inspiration from the speech Apollo’s ex-trainer gives to the infamous boxer.

"My favorite part is when Apollo's ex-trainer says to Rocky, 'He is not a machine. He's a man. Cut him, and once he feels his own blood, he will fear you.' I know it sounds crazy, but I was thinking about the machine of the music industry,” Gaga told Rolling Stone. “I started to think about how I have to make the music industry bleed to remind it that it's human, it's not a machine."

But, she says, please don’t confuse her actions as attempts to gain attention.

“I have attention,” she says in the interview. "Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock's sake, or is it just that it's been a long time since someone has embraced the art form the way that I have? Perhaps it's been a couple of decades since there's been an artist that's been as vocal about culture, religion, human rights, politics.”

Gaga continues, speaking directly to her critics, “I'm so passionate about what I do, every bass line, every EQ. Why is it that you don't want more from the artist, why is it that you expect so little, so when I give and give, you assume it's narcissistic?"

Keep all that in mind the next time you hear her say something like, “When I am not onstage, I feel dead,” as she does to Rolling Stone.

“Whether that is healthy or not to you, or healthy or not to anyone, or a doctor, is really of no concern to me. I don’t feel alive unless I’m performing, and that’s just the way I was born.”

Check out the full interview when the latest issue of Rolling Stone arrives on newsstands Friday.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

1. Lady G

all of you on here are incredibly stupid. i really don't have anything else to say other than you are all dumb and/or misinformed. research her, listen to her, and then get back to me

May 27, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. NM

This is one person I could EASILY do without in the entertainment industry. I can't stand her, anything about her, what she stands for!! HORRIBLE role model to anyone. Go crawl back under your rock!

May 27, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Todd E.

I do not like Lady GaGa's music or her style. The reason I read articles about GaGa is because I enjoy the constant slow-motion trainwreck that she embodies. Clearly this woman drinks her own kool-aid. Could Stephanie Germanotta really be so lost in the GaGa persona that when she can't be "in character" she feels dead? Clearly she wasn't "born this way," as there are plenty of videos and pictures of Ms. Germanotta as a plain and ordinary human being "pre-GaGa." Consider this: Who cared one bit about Stephanie Germanotta or her music before she created the "Lady GaGa" persona?

May 27, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Stephen welch

Puh-leeeez

May 27, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Javier

WHY NOBODY NEVER ASKS HER ABOUT HER SATANISM AND MIND CONTROL THAT SHE PROMOTE IN HER VIDEOS AND SONGS? WHY?

May 27, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Lady G

yes, her message of self acceptance and loving yourself for who you are is TOTALLY SATANIC MIND CONTROL. HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS oh yeah i was too busy enjoying her uplifting music and feeling empowered

May 27, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Floyd

She should see where that feeling takes her.

May 27, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Conrad Shull

Lady GG would probably be a pretty decent singer and performer if she'd just drop the pointless theatrics.

May 27, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. Maximusvad

So what she is saying is she has a Goddess Complex and needs to be worshipped by her fans.

May 27, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Rudi Merom

What is the GAGA secret? All in the sensational book at www TheDimensionMachine DOT com

May 27, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. jbp

so she feels dead when not on stage???? Well she looks like crap and warmed over death on stage, so maybe that's normal. GO AWAY, already

May 27, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. KJ

It's amazing what "passes" for music these days. She's ugly (and purposely makes herself even uglier), has no talent, electronically synthesized, uncreative songwriting (if songwriting is what you can call it), NOT innovative, NOT shocking... she tries to be everything she'll never be... TALENTED. She's a waste of space and in 1-2 years her music will be forgotten. Sorry, her "art" won't stand the test of time. It's amazing what losers these "little monsters" are! She's just horridly awful! Nuff said.

May 27, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. jacques poopon

That's because Lady KaKa IS lifeless and is only
    being kept alive by the media.because they're
    tired of covering the Kardashians.
    We are sadly drifting deeper into mediocrity.
    It's all Bush's faukt.

May 27, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Muky Smalls

I don't listen to gagas music but you have to admit that she's got the music industry on lock.Honestly, i watch her videos on mute but you have to give it up for her creativity. Gaga we love you no matter what....this is coming from Nigeria,Lagos. Please drop another video in a bit so that we can all say "damn, that girl crazy"

May 27, 2011 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kevarino

Who cares Lady Caca. Who cares.

May 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Madonna

How did they her ugly mug on the cover of Rolling Stone like that? And if Lady Fugly was so passionate about her art – SHE'D HAVE AN ORGINAL VOICE – not a stolen one – and would write PERSONAL SONGS – not cop other's issues – but thats only cause she's a BORING RICH GIRL with nothing to say. DISMISSED

May 26, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Just Say No to WASPs

I laugh at rich celebrities who complain about their lives. If I had half of what she has I would be a content person the rest of my life raising a family in luxury; and that will most likely never happen simply because I wasn't lucky enough to have high up connections in life. Sometimes people's lives are just like that. Lady Ga Ga's personal depression is a joke, get over yourself lady, what the hell is wrong with you?

May 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gary

Her statement that she "feels dead" when she's not on stage is alarmingly similar to what Michael Jackson used to say. Jackson was narcissistic, manipulative, controlling, and most likely schizophrenic, so what does that say about Gaga? I fear she's heading for a big fall.

May 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sunshine Girl *

Shea always going to do/say/be something that someone doesnt like. Her fame comes from her ability to be outrageous at the drop of a hat. Not from her vocal abilities. The sooner everyone realizes that the better off itll all be. Relax. Its just music.

May 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. David Reyes

Gaga says stupid things and does a lot of stupid distractions to be talked about. She is famous for being weird not great vocals.

May 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. David Reyes

A great music artist stands on their voice.

A person who knows their overrated in singing will say and do and say stupid things like Gaga.

Gaga go away your Wacko ways are lame and old news now.

May 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stevie Ray Vaughn

"A great music artist stands on their voice" You say that is if it's true. A great SINGER depends on their voice. A composer doesn't need to sing at all. A pianist plays his piano, a horn players blows his horn.

May 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Debora

All the Lady GaGa haters. Why do you even go on a site and read about an artist, Lady GaGa or otherwise, who you don’t care for? Why do you hate yourselves and your lives so badly that you feel the need to lash out at someone who you don’t even (and will never) know? If you don’t like LGG or any other artist, go read about someone who’s craft you do enjoy.

She is seeing the world and living a life almost everyone dreams of and most of us will never be blessed with attaining. Not sitting at a desk 9-5 worrying about the mortgage like the rest of us.

May 26, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. momof2

I didn't read all of these posts but the first few were enough for me to come to the conclusion that Lady Gaga was right when she said "Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock's sake, or is it just that it's been a long time since someone has embraced the art form the way that I have?" I for one agree with her, and those of you that don't are just a bunch of close minded, idiots who can't appreciate a true artist.
    I have a twelve year old daughter and I look and listen to 95% of the "artist" she listens to and I think "how did that person make it to the radio?" It absolutely blows my mind that somewhere along the way a music producer had to listen to this person and think they were good enough to give a record deal.
    But then I hear someone like Gaga and I think, wow, she really is an artist. I LOVE her songs, and even though her stage presence isn't really my cup of tea, I watch it and appreciate it cause I know that she works hard at it. Is she eccentric? Yes. Does she say some weird things sometimes? Yes.(don't we all?) Are these reasons to hate her and bash her just to make yourselves feel like you're worth something? NO!
    So grow up, people. Just take it for how it is and if you like her, great. If not, leave her alone.

GO GAGA!!!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. bi-curious ben

she is just a little bi-curious ya know... let her experiment a little... 0_o

May 26, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Rod C. Venger

Alice Cooper in drag...or in another lifetime, I dunno. She's boring to me and if she feels dead when she's not onstage, she's boring to herself too. Of course she's narcissistic. Talking about herself in the 3rd person...yeesh.

May 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Media World Observer

She's a puppet

May 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. herpderples

Lady Gaga fans are too distracted by her flashy performances to pay attention to the utter lack of quality and emotion in her music.

May 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Brady

Ugly creature that's for sure.

May 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Stephen Frank

There are plenty of "Talented" people singing about the same things she is. She just has a bigger following because her music is for the brain dead and it's "catchy"
    Madonna was worse but at least she was original.

May 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ANNE

I think she has a beautiful voice, shes a great dancer, and a killer body...
    I think everybody is just jealous of her..... What talent do you have???

May 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Madeleine

Meh said:

"Here's a question: If she's so passionate about her "art", why does she need all the distractions? Good music stands on its' own. It doesn't need dancers, costumes, huge, expensive sets and makeup... It's an auditory art. In my experience, the more visual aids you use in music, the less actual music you have. I am a musician, and I make my living playing music. I don't wear costumes. I don't have dancers. Have you heard of me? Probably not. And if it takes doing anything that seems fake to me for you to hear me, then you won't. At the end of the day, I always know that my music stands on its' own. I may never get rich or famous, but I will always have more respect from my fellow musicians."
    ___

Right on! Her music is synthesized pop dance music. She can sing to a degree, yes, but that's about it. Hence why she needs all the other side show distractions, so people won't notice that it's just synthesized dance pop, and nothing more. Her eyes are deadened, her face slack, she moves and dances lifelessly, she's just like this deadened puppet. I have respect for true musicians who play instruments and write, arrange and record their own music.

May 26, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Morrison

It's not just music, it's a whole act. People pay to see it, and they also listen to the music. You just don't get it. I get it, I just don't care for it. Would you rather have her dropping her pants onstage like I did?

May 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Steve

I love your music, but you take yourself way too seriously.

May 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. NTV

Lady Gaga, get some religion in your life. There is a reason it exists in the first place, so people don't feel dead inside. Cut the BS, anti-religion act.

May 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fuyuko

not everyone feels validated by religion, though. but I agree with the sentiment. Finding another interest will certainly help.

May 26, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Zombie17

As Rob Zombie would say,"Living dead girl!" F-todays "popular" music. Long live Metal!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Cosmo Kramer

She's pretty...she just needs a nose job.

May 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Flo Mastey

Maybe she should just find a stage somewhere (hopefully an obscure one far away from any people) and live on it permanently.

May 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Dirty Joe

I saw her on David Letterman the other night and can confirm this to be true.

Her voice is monotone, her responses were mainly one or two words long and not only did she sound dead, she looked dead too.

I just don't get the attraction to this person.

May 26, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Sy2502

LOL, did you get that? We should all be GRATEFUL to Lady Gaga for what she is doing for US! She isn't doing it for herself, she isn't doing it because she's a narcissist attention seeker! She's doing it for us!
    Oh boy, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

May 26, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Boehner

When she fills a stadium, she is bringing in tons of money. People drive into town, go out to eat, get rooms afterwards, buy tickets and t-shirts and food, gas up their cars, and the money ends up making us all richer. Why do you hate capitalism, comrade?

May 26, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Peace

BtW, did anyone see her on American Idol last night ? She forgot it was a family show, I guess! Holy cow!!

May 26, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Buddy Holly

People, she is one of the most talented artists we have seen in many years. At first I also wondered what kind of freak is this, but watching her interviews and listening to her music changed my mind. Just because she's not dressing and acting as the majority of artists does not mean she's weird, she wants to go her own way.
    In show business you either have to be good looking, or talented. Just look at American Idol...

May 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Joe

Why is this news??? This shock queen is an ugly lil trool and only gets coverage because she will say or do anything for attention..
    CNN loves her because she is a liberal.. If a Repub was doing this stuff she would be covered the same way they cover Palin... No wonder Foxs beats you in every ratings catagory

May 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Sam

She's like a dead person either way, what a creep, talented creep

May 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Beethoven

They said I was full of cheap tricks and that my music was ephemeral, and they hated Liszt too. We're sorry you folks down there are so jealous, but get over it. I feel dead when I'm not onstage, because I AM dead.

May 26, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  43. David H

cracked out at its best

May 26, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  44. boo

That's funny, cuz I feel dead when you're onstage.

May 26, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Leila B

I am personally not for nor against Gaga, and believe that she is plainly a performer, and as such, she does more than any random singer. I dont believe for 1 moment that she does what she does to express her vocal talent. And i also believe that the majority of her fan base expects nothing but yet another shocker when attending her concerts. Therefore, if GAGA was to show up on stage in a pair of jeans, a tshirt, and a pair of tennis shoes, and add an empty background With no dancers plus minimal lighting To the mix, even if she opened up singing with the vocals of cristina aguilera, i assure you that most, if not all people, would be more than dissapointed. So...let the woman do what she does. there is no crime involved in it And in the case you just cant stand the minimal sight of her exsistance, then start by avoiding reading articles such as this 1 =)

May 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. the_dude

Someone seriously needs to beat the living crap out of this retard

May 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Attila the Hung

I suspect a lot of people would be happy to beat the crap out of you. Let us know when and where.

May 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  47. JanJan

And when you ARE onstage, you LOOK dead. Yuk. Go away.

May 26, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  48. dead is not livin

sad. that's not healthy, gaga. i hope you find some balance to a whole life.

May 26, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Ga Peach

I am not a fan of hers but someone is spending millions on her albums so she can laugh all the way to the bank. It is obvious all the makeup and costumes are to cover up how unattractive she really is!

May 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Attila the Hung

Her looks are just average, but I bet she'd be more fun in bed than a lot of more beautiful women. She's clever and bold and creative, and knows what she wants.

May 26, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. louie

i love gaga and i believe that every negative comment on this blog comes from hate and jealousy. listen, no one is perfect and no one performer will ever "satisfy" everyone. she may not be for everyone, just like rap music isn't for me. but i don't bash rap singers. they do their thing and they please their fans, regardless of they say/do/wear, etc. so leave GaGa alone.

May 26, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Cash

There are performers I dislike much more than her. Get back to me when she starts telling her fans to shoot cops or get rich pimping, or put on their Stetson hats and kill a Muslim for Jesus. I feel dead when I'm not on stage myself.

May 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • FRproductions

Really? I think the comments come from people who know about how she is produced. She isn't really like that or wasn't I have read about how she used to be, she WAS a great artist until she was signed to major label. I have heard her old demos of stuff she would write herself and it was ok, but now she is not herself. I have spoken with her producer a few time we come from the same small town in Mexico and she is not what you see, she only does it for the money. It's all an act.

May 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Ganan

NO talent AND ugly......I don't get her (or him) at all......

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Moron Are Us

One time in band camp I pooped a Lady Gaga.

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  53. AllyCat

Lady Gaga is amaziingly talented and beautiful

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. jamesthedog

Please nobody hire her. Woof woof.

May 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Fiery Buddha

O Narcissist, I fall into your reflection...

May 26, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Shiny

Everyone on here is so crabby sbout this. No matter your age, I'm sure your parents said the same thing about your music. I happen to be a huge fan of Gaga, but I think that anyone who takes the time to listen to her live can tell that she is extremely talented. Her music before she hit it big was just her and a piano, and is beautiful. But...she wasn't famous. You have to do the catchy, poppy songs and make a statement to be a megastar. A girl and her piano isn't going to be the most followed celebrity in the world.

So all I have to say is, quit complaining about it, actually listen to her for once, and save your complaints for people like JLo and Britney who really don't do anything.

Also, Youtube Captivated and No Floods by Lady Gaga. :)

May 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  57. HOLLYWOOD_INSIDER_v.1.7.7

I FEELS DEADS WHENS IM NOTS ON STAGES :( :( :( :( :( :(

The words of a true, world-class attention WH0R3

May 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Nope

Madonna was outrageous at times. I could deal with her outfits to a certain extent, but the money you waste on your outfits and acts is truly awful. I cannot stand to look at you. Disgusting.

May 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. GozieBoy

That's odd – most of us feel dead when she is ON stage!

May 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. hingedlwnb

That's only fair I guess because I feel like killing someone when she's on stage.

May 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  61. HateRS

Just look at the cover of that rag Rolling Stone – GaGa, The Cars, Idol and the Voice. In small print at the bottom they mention Pink Floyd, My Morning Jacket and Pink Floyd – too little too late. How did this once great magazine turn into such a piece of pop drivel?

May 26, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Geez

Does anyone still take what she says at face value? She's like a walking PR campaign for herself...

May 26, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ElStone

"Boo-Hoo...." cry baby, feel sorry for me, copy-cat, pop star.

May 26, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. over it

so self indulgent...if I hear " me me me or I I I" one more time....

May 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Alek

GaGa is not creative., her team is. And her team, theyare no where near as creative as INDIVIDUALS like Bjork, Grace Jones, Nina Hagen,...TRUE artists who do not recycle other people's work after "studying their fame"...GaGA pretty much admitted she is stealing the history that preceeded her by admittingto anderson cooper that she has meticiulously studied other people's fame and success...she is rippin gthem off. I find her utterly boring and uncreative. ehr music sounds like bad rave crap from ibizia in the 1990's. 99 cent store soundtrack is what i call it.

May 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  66. TAN

I see most of the haters in this thread are men. That does not surprise me. I see men constantly bash successful women. Most men that do are just not that successful themselves. They are just not evolved enough yet to realize us women think you look stupd and boorish bashing women who are are more successful than you. Most men do not realy like women anyway and only see us a means to an end. You all sound so juvenile and pathetic...seriously.

May 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Atilla the Hung

"Most men do not realy like women anyway and only see us a means to an end" Wow, hoo boy, does someone ever have issues. I can assure you that not all of us are pigs, but maybe that huge stick up uranus is scaring the boys away?

May 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  67. johnnyrocket

illuminati people...illuminati!

May 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Auction fan

I'm no fan, believe me. She really doesn't have that great a voice, isn't cute at all and all the shocking stuff and the over-the-top costumes have been done as far back as Liberace. However, I purchased a standing-room-only ticket to her Monster Ball for $89 a year in advance and sold it on a famous auction website for $315 + $18 shipping. Wish I had purchased a bundle of them because I got numerous inquiries wanting more tickets. Now....who's the smartest here?

May 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  69. GaGaGayGoAway

I resent Heteros who take on the gay rights cause as if they invented and as if they are gay themselves. She is not gay. I appreicate her allegiance, but let us take care of our own political issues on our own. If Madonna can't win the conversatives over, what makes GaGA think she can? She is NO MADONNA!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  70. mel

she also looks dead when she's not on stage (or on it for that matter).

May 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Ben

Wow, she is so deep.

May 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  72. David

If you read all the negative comments about Lady Gaga on this article you can see why we have kids killing themselves over being bullied. There are some real negative people out there who feel they are so much better than everyone else that they can just put down whomever they like...I feel so sorry for the people that comment just to put down someone else..Personally I love Lady Gaga she is awesome! And at the end of the day millions love her. So hate all you want people. If that makes you feel so good to degrade someone else..

May 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Dave

Petey, You're not only gay, you're also THE WORST SPELLER in the history of mankind. p.s. Lady GaGa sucks.

May 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Paul

She feels dead offstage but I want to kill myself when she's onstage. Please fade away already.

May 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Dave

Lady GaGa is like a black hole of talent. She sucks.

May 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Petey

All of you jus stopp it! Lady Gaga is a huge reeson why I am decyding to come out of the closit and tel my parents that I want to bee gay!! She givs peeple like me corage to be what we truly ares. Im only 12 and eeven i no she the best ever!!

May 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • school

hope u learn how to spell while you're at it.

May 26, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lady G

Good for you! this is EXACTLY why Lady GaGa has more fans than any other artist! she stands up for their rights and encourages them to be free and love themselves because they were BORN THIS WAY! Lady GaGa is sincere in her messages and has changed the lives of so many people. for everyone on here calling her "weird" or "ugly" – SHAME ON YOU.

May 27, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  77. methodman

Wow what an honest conversation. I think you mean to say that although you are able to translate a scene into choreography the proper vocabulary and feelings to produce form from your characters doesn't automatically emerge and there are probably certain meditative practices that will fine tune your scene into a carciture that promotes defined feelings.
    I understand because I had delayed gender disorder where the template of right and left brain and male and female brain template didn't emerge so my dexterity never developed. Parts becoming flush were too stiff. Anyways keep up being weird but bother people by conversations you feel are important but hard to state. Give all kinds of fundamentalists HELL Keep up the good irritation.

May 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Nick

Hey GAGA! Toucan Sam called.....He'd like his beak back!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Osama bin Dead

Hey Nick! Boy George called. He wants his weenie back.

May 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buffalo Bill

Hey Lady Gaga, Buffalo Bill (aka Jame Gumb from Silence of the Lambs) called: he wants his "woman suit made from real women" back - and he wants you to stop calling it your "meat suit" when you wear it in public. Buffalo Bill spent a lot of hours kidnapping size 14 women and sweating over the sewing machine in his psycho-dungeon and he doesn't appreciate you calling his work a "meat suit."

May 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Al

I feel sorry for her. She obviously has some self-esteem issues...no one dresses that way unless they do it just to get attention...even if she says she doesn't. She does have a good voice, but I'm always distracted by the ridiculous clothes and the insane way she acts on stage. I would prefer her much more if she would tone it down a little. And it's sickening the way she handles herself on national TV in front of children and whoever else may happen to be watching...I'm glad I have DVR and can FF...

May 26, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Liberace

"I feel sorry for her. She obviously has some self-esteem issues" I bet she cries all the way to the bank.

May 26, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  80. chamborde

Funny, I feel dead when she is on stage . . .

May 26, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  81. marcster

wow...i can't remember the last time i read such nasty comments about someone you don't even know. as someone who has worked within the music industry, i can say gaga is a visionary. and, if she weren't so amazingly talented at 25, why has every media source frontlined her for the past two years?
    gaga, keep doing what you do. and for the haters, go back to listening to britney, beyonce and madonna. we'll be waiting for you all in the future of music.

May 26, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • lawl

"as someone who has worked within the music industry...."

Yeah, sure you have. If you have you'd recognize that Britney, Madonna, and Beyonce are just as respected in the music industry as Gaga. Not to mention, Madonna came BEFORE Gaga and had paved her way in the music industry and made her dues. To diss other artists for the sake of putting Gaga on the musical shows that you have NOT worked in the music industry, but just pretending you did so you can act like your opinion has more authority to it. Total fail on your part.

May 26, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • fakester

@marcster

You're a fake and also an idiot. Working as a janitor at a highschool and cleaning the band room floors does not count as working in the music industry.

May 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • marcster

"someone who has worked within the music industry" I'll have you know my kazoo marching band got the blue ribbon two years running at the Tri-County Fat Stock Exhibition. So there!

May 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  82. MiddleAge In Midwest

She feels "dead" when not on stage? I wish I was dead every time I hear her "music".

May 26, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  83. Pink Floyd

Come talk to me when your record stays on the charts for 740 weeks sweetheart (Dark Side of the Moon)

May 26, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Canopy

The music industry moves too fast for any record to stay on the charts for 740 weeks. She releases an album every year. Technology makes it IMPOSSIBLE for ANY record to do that. I guarantee that if Dark Side was released in this generation it would be off the charts in 4 weeks.

May 26, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Which one's Pink?

Canopy, you do realize it is STILL on the charts right now?

May 26, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Pink Floyd

Exactly my point – the music industry is a joke these days. The producers look for anyone who sounds like they are capable of vocal masturbation and they get a contract to make even more cookie-cutter drivel. Creating a work of art in a studio is something I doubt most of todays practicing musicians wouldnt know how to handle not that the sheeple would be ready to listen to something like that anymore anyway.

May 26, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Which one's Pink?

Pink, a lot of hip-hop and rap artists are very focused on studio work and spend hours getting those backing tracks just right. I hate the results usually but you can tell someone spent weeks making some of them. Even some of these screechy soul songbirds have amazingly intricate musical backing. What seems to be missing is inspiration . . .

May 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lady G

you do know that these "charts" are completely inaccurate now in the digital age, no? i'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan but you are delusional. As an artist, Lady GaGa is far more talented than everyone else we have seen, aside from Michael Jackson. and if you really want to make the charts argument, there is no doubt that her fans will keep Born This Way on there for years. the record is sensational

May 27, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  84. canopy

Jealousy and envy comes in various forms and the majority of you commenting are exact duplicates of what you're chastising her for. If she wants attention then so do you or you wouldn't be commenting. Her life has no direct influence on yours so why bother to comment unless you're jealous and envious of her. Art is fluid is should never be boxed into specific principles or the status quo. I applaud her success and her ability to be vocal about what she believes in. Most of you are just vocal about her perceived narcissism and need for attention. Perception is not reality.

May 26, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  85. The Watcher

Lady GAGA is a true performer, dedicated to the art she embraces without reserve. Most of you have not researched her background and therefore miss the whole temporal experience. She is a reflection of her life and our society. She mirrors our arrogance, our ignorance, our hubris, and our insanities. She embodies the spirit of our culture and our need for acceptance by others. Why not enjoy her for what she is instead of how she compares to others? I never have been a music fan but this woman has captured my psyche and entertains me immensely.

May 26, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • John Boehner

Her music bores me, but she is clearly all about entertaining the fans. She is a 'job creator' and her sales stimulate the economy, so quit complaining.

May 26, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • ah

My goodness stop putting this woman on a pedestal. She's an ENTERTAINER. She's making millions off of entertainment, off of a gimmick/image that yes, is very interesting and probably intentionally over the top, but she's by no means a representation of anyone other than herself. Listen to her music. It's simple, fun, pop/dance music. You're putting more into her and her music than is actually necessarily or relevant.

May 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Sarah Michele

Because you're a psychopath, who needs constant attention – it's obvious from the ridiculous outfits you wear for attention. Really, American Idol, you had to dress like a Sl_T – with small kids enjoying the show... it's pathetic. Be a good role model, you can do the trash on your site or something. If you were just a good singer, I might listen to you, but you're such a narcissist, I can't even stand to listen or look at you (yes, I did change the channel on you and came back a few minutes later). Really, the Egg on the red carpet was also so pathetic. You should really seek help.

May 26, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  87. Revolution

..Is it ironic that I feel dead when she IS on stage?

May 26, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  88. ant

Shut UP!

May 26, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  89. Im GaGa for GaGa puffs

I did it all for you daddy. Please pay attention to me. What do you mean my pathology isnt treatable? So you arent my real father? I was adopted after being in a childrens home for 5 years ever since my last daddy touched me? I knew about that at least...where did you think I got the meat outfit from?

May 26, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Goo goo ga ga

I'm not sure what any of that meant but I found it hilarious. Cue Hannibal Lector: "Oh, one more thing, Lady Gaga ... love your meat suit."

May 26, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Apostate

She's about two strides in front of Donald Trump and Lars Von Trier in this month's Celebrity Narcissism Olympics....

May 26, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  91. Meh

I like what I read about her passion towards her creativity but it would mean a lot more if she wasnt an obvious Madonna clone. Her music isnt my style but I can appreciate her dedication.

May 26, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  92. ftroy01

The whole problem with people who sit and spew their hate concerning her is simple. I have said this before this is not the 70's and 80's anymore. The music back then is different than it is now!! Lady Gaga is very good on her own merit but she is the best in the year 2011 period!!! Her fan base is huge her money iborders on ridiculous she is rich beyond most of your wildest imaginations and no she isnt going anywhere any time soon!!!! Yes she puts on a show that is what they do today. As someone said the days of someone standing up there with guitar in hand singing are long gone!!! You need to come out of the past and get to the present.

She really has no need to make the statement she made, she probably has more everyything material nad non-materail including love than anyone posting on this site. Unless she has something deeper in her that is troubling her that only she knows!!!

May 26, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  93. Mary Jacot

I didn't read the article completely but I assume that she only feels alive on stage. She needs a hobby, a cause, a child and a family perhaps? I think that might put things in perspective for her.

May 26, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  94. markus

Keep her off stage – maybe we can solve a problem.

May 26, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  95. Sencho

Stefani Germanotta's Gaga is focused almost entirely on a disposable "foundation" of mercurial meaningless fashion trends and quickly forgettable dance tracks. Madonna made it work, but I wonder if Germanotta really has what it takes to make a lifelong career of it.

May 26, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  96. delia rodriguez

Lady Gaga* may i please borrow one of ur pair of shoes to go to da Prom? please say yes!!

May 26, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  97. Dave

I'm so sick of this woman. We get it!!! You think you were "born this way," a star, so much better than regular folks. Get over yourself!!!

May 26, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  98. Apollo Creed's Corpse

Was Rocky IV the one where Adrienne fights Mr. T?

May 26, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  99. Mike

If Lady Gaga feels she is not alive when not perforning, she may be becoming an adrenalin junkie from all the attention.

May 26, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  100. teresa, snOhio

no offense, gaga, but when i see you onstage, you LOOK dead to me. you have allowed yourself to become what you feel is an ENLIGHTENER to other people. you aint. you're just a former absolutely gorgeous brunette who feels you must dress up like a fool to put on a show. you're real life is what you do OFFSTAGE. thats who you are. and if you only feel ALIVE onstage, which takes up a short chunk of your time, realistically, you are dead alot, yes? time for a re-balancing act.

May 26, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  101. Nancy

Lady Gaga is an excellent entertainer. I like most of her music and I am a 57 year old woman. I guess I do not understand all the harsh remarks. I don't like country music, but you don't hear me trashing the country singers. If you don't like her, don't look or listen. Grow up!

May 26, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • markus

Boy, I am glad there are not many 57 year old nutcases like you about.

May 26, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • x

Practice what you preach: If you don't like the negative comments that people have to say about Lady Gaga, don't look or read. Grow up!

May 26, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jeff

I can't believe you all are falling for it. It's not a she, it's a HE. 'Lady GaGa' is a MAN for Christ's sake!

May 26, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  103. Betsy

Lady Gaga, you need counseling.

May 26, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  104. hethathathanear

Why does Gaga (no lady would act the way she does) feel dead? She is dead in her trespasses and sins; she walks according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: she has her conversation in the lusts of the flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and is by nature a child of wrath, even as others. Yes, this is a personalization of Ephesians 2:1-3 for her but the same applies to all. Thank God there is more to follow for those that have repented of their sins and believed the Gospel that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose on the third day and by faith in him alone we can have eternal life and not feel dead.
    But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:4-9

May 26, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  105. nope

Yeah riiiiiight. The part of that analogy that she forgot is that Rocky was made into a bloody mess in the process, too. So how does she intend to make the record companies "bleed"? Drop your label, pull you music from itunes, distribute it yourself via CDBaby? Cancel your tours and book yourself? Is Gaga willing to take the same beating Rocky did to bring down the monster? Without record companies does Gaga even exist?

May 26, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Attila the Hung

You missed it. She crashed Amazon.com by selling the album direct. Pretty interesting tactic.

May 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  106. BCollins

Lady Gaga does have talent and she is a great performer, what is it with all of the jealousy and hate directed her way. I love her music. And I am not in her generation but I do appreciate her.

May 26, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  107. Narcisse

I guess musicians take themselves so seriously because of this kind of publicity. If that stupid song Poker Face solves ANY social crisis (or even contributes to it's improvement) I'll eat my own taint.

May 26, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  108. Debbie

OMG, this creature makes me sick. She needs medical attention.

May 26, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  109. tj

If you looked like she does, you would also try to deflect attention in any way possible.

May 26, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  110. Chris

There's just something repulsive about her... I can't put my finger on it. She's not particularly ugly... her body is pretty good... but for some reason, even just looking at a picture of her makes me feel like I need to wash my hands and go get tested. Anyone else feel that way?

May 26, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  111. palintwit

Sarah Palin is a twit, is a twit, is a twit... Sarah Palin is a twit and she likes to wallow in feces. (Sung to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb.)

May 26, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  112. Lady Gaga

Okay, I look dead whether I'm onstage or not.

May 26, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  113. Juck

So she's a megalomaniac,,, we knew that.

May 26, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  114. Elvis Presley

Huh. I just feel dead all the time.

May 26, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  115. aubrie

You LOOK dead like a corpse all the time...... UGH. Lady GAG.

May 26, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  116. kovy

"Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock's sake"
    Well, yeah, duh! Unless there is nutritional value in eating a script or a doll head what purpose is there in this act other than to shock. I noticed her record company conveniently planted several "news" stories this week. Hmmm – a little Oprah jealousy?

May 26, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  117. testing

You can't feel when you are dead.

May 26, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  118. Jeff

Funny how posters keep refrencing her to Madonna but I ask this, Do you think Madonna just came from nothing? Madonn's "act" came from others before her.
    I love Momma Monster and I love her music. She is being herself and taking what was past and making it future. stop judging her and judge the music she creates. if you listen to her music and don't like the music fine.

May 26, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • dave

Lady Gag always makes me think of a cheap take-off of the Missing Person's singer.

May 26, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • jeff

Remember this too, It's the media ( T.V., Radio, Print ) that creates the stories. If you don't like her musivc fine .. BUT blame them for showing her all the time.

May 26, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  119. Eagle Eye

A thimbleful of talent swimming in a sea of rainbows and unicorns.

May 26, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  120. Superhiro

Someone else here said it best. Everything she does just screams "Look at me!"

May 26, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  121. dave

She looks like a corpse.

May 26, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  122. ok

So.. i hate Gaga as much if not more than the next person, BUT, she must be doing something right here. She was the first person to 10 mil twitter followers, so 10 mil people/fans want to know everything going on in her life. She puts on a show, entertains people, and gets her name out there as much as possible in the media. She is just marketing her name/brand 24/7 and making a fortune of it. Some may want to call her a sell out for changing her image and song style to fit "pop" needs, but to me, this is just smart. And by the way, YouTube her early singing with just her and her piano, she can actually sing for those people saying that she can't. And now.........back to work.

May 26, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • k

she's definitely doing something right, I respect her for that. Not so sure why it's a big deal that she has 10 million twitter followers (it's twitter for crying out loud), but she obviously has a huge fan base. And she's indeed smart for practically making millions more out of her image/gimmick alone. Sometimes I think it borderlines on parody and that less is more, but hey, she's still young, and why should she stop now if she's making millions doing what she does best? More power to her. My only gripe is that I wish she can do more of the theatrical/piano/operatic stuff, where i think her true talents shine, instead of the sugary bombastic 80's rehash dance music she does.

May 26, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • ok

i was just referencing her twitter followers saying that's how many DIE HARD fans she has that want to know every step she is taking. Most people would be more than happy to have 10 mil people listen to one of their songs. And yeah, on SNL this last weekend, she actually came out and started on the piano and i thought "ok, this could be good". Then she bust out some crazy outfit and does more of the dance stuff, and i fast forwarded through it on the DVR. haha. But, she made the move from piano to her now crazy stuff because that is a lot more marketable. How many big artists are out there right now that just simply sit behind their piano and play their stuff? I mean, i love that stuff, but it just doesn't get mainstream as much as it should.

May 26, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • k

I'm not saying that she shouldn't go to town with the costumes, i actually like them, and i'm by no means saying she should just sit there playing the piano. I just think she puts too much emphasis on the costumes, dancing, and the ridiculous 80's rehash dance music that i feel is distracting and a bit over the top. It was cool and refreshing when she did it as a new artist, but now it's just getting kind of old. I guess the one performance that comes to mind that made me wish she'd do more of the piano/operatic stuff on top of the costumes and theatric stuff is the performance of Paparazzi that she did on the vmas. She got to show off that voice, play the piano, and wear all the crazy costumes. Not crazy about her dance moves, they're just...i dunno, very generic, she's just not that great of a dancer lol. The stuff she's doing now, is just a bit too over the top for the sake of being over the top, but more power to her, at least she's doing what she loves.

May 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • chef dugan

And when she's onstage she sounds dead. I prefer her offstage and comotose.

May 27, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  123. ugh

Who is Lady Gaga trying to fool? Everything she's done since Bad Romance, with the crazy stunts/costumes, the "controversy," and the preachy/pushy "statements" she's been peppering in her songs lately is so blatantly calculated to "shock" everyone. She's practically following from Madonna's PR book. I know she can't just say "yes i'm doing it for attention for attention's sake," not even Madonna had the balls to say that, but c'mon, it's so obvious that she's trying SO hard to be an ambassador for political/religious issues and is desperately trying to "shock" people. It's just not shocking or original anymore in a day and age where more or less we're more open to gay rights, and whatever other "hot topic" Lady Gaga wants to "support" in her songs. If it was sincere I'd say Gaga has a lot of heart, but it's just so painfully obvious that she's really trying very hard, too hard, to "shock" everyone. She should put more time into creating better music that suits her talents than at the "shock value" and the gimmick.

May 26, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  124. Real Musician

I'm a real musician. GaGa is a singer/songwriter, and like it or not, she has a fan base that buys her material and goes to her shows. End of story. You don't have to like her or love her, but you have to respect her, as she has a product and a market eager to buy it.

It's like ice cream, some live vanilla, some like chocolate, and some prefer the wilder, frutier, nuttier fancy foo foo flavors. Gaga is currently the fancy foo foo flavor.

May 26, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Duster

There are freaks that follow those towel-heads overseas and they only live to kill folks. Im not sure the logic is sound.

May 26, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

I don't HAVE to respect her. I do, but only because I choose to. I respect her more for her outspokenness about human rights than for her music. But her music isn't crap, it's just not my cup of tea.

May 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • genome

I have to respect someone who makes hollow music and is just copying Madonna's career? No thanks. I'll reserve my respect for people who make less safe music.

May 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  125. X

According to Ecclesiastes 3:11, God put eternity in man's heart. That is a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy. No matter how many times she performs, it is only a temporary satisfaction and she will always feel dead afterwards. Only God es eternal, only He can fill that void.

May 26, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • God

Hahahahahahahahaha...good one!!! That will confuse Gaga for sure!! Hit her with fairy tales!!

May 26, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • X

FYI, That was written by King Solomon at the end of his life. He had more money, fame and power than Lady Gaga. And that was his conclusion after having tried all those things. There is a space in man's being that only God can fill.

May 26, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jazz

That is so beautiful X! My soul says yes!

May 26, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

The book of Ron Jeremy says, "give me some of that pu$$y'.
      I follow his works every day and he is still an inspiration long after he has been on stage.

May 26, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron Jeremy

No matter how many times I perform, I still feel chafed afterwards. Also, it stings when I pee. Do you think I need medical help?

May 26, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Cletus

Thanks, X! That is exactly what was needed to spark my morning movement.

May 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Arnold

I watched that Monster Ball..what a piece of cr*p!! She has some lame song about waxing cars and grease and who the f cares? Too bad she wasnt on American Idol...she would fade away like all of the contestants and winners...

May 26, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  127. Shoother

She's basically a career plagiarist who's not fooling anyone anymore other than her naive and simple-minded "little munsters".

May 26, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  128. patty kakes

what the heck is that bulge in her shorts? a potato?

May 26, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  129. x

I like Lady Gaga, but she thinks way too highly of herself in such an obnoxious self-important way. It's annoying how she thinks she so self-important with her "statements" when frankly, nobody cares, especially when there's no reason or substance behind it. Adding religious/political undertones in your music is not "shocking," it's just trite and boring. Writing songs that forcefully says "i support the gays" (Born This Way), "i support the outcasts and freaks" (Bad Kids), and "i support self-empowerment" (Hair) is not deep or profound, it's just cheesy and corny. I'll give it to her that she's indeed one of the most passionate stage performers who puts a lot into every performance, but I wish she'd stop with the self-indulgent preaching of how awesome and "important" she is.

May 26, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Lady G

NO ONE CARES? say that to all of the bullied kids whose rights she stands up for everyday. she inspires people to accept themselves for who they are and not be afraid to express their true colors. she changes the lives of fans and i know she has dramatically influenced my life. what the hell is wrong with you?

May 27, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  130. Smokey Waterz

Then they need to keep her off the stage so she can die already.

May 26, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  131. JR

I'm not desperately trying to get attention, I always wear penis shoes or dresses made of meat. LOL, sure, okay. Whatever. I don't care what GaGa does, I saw it with Madonna in the 80s. It's been done.

Btw, she can sing, and does great club music. Good for her, but that's as far as it goes for me.

May 26, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  132. Osama bin Laden

I feel alive.

May 26, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. TLC

Stop lying. I killed you seven years ago in the parking lot of a New Jersey bar with a lid from a garbage can.

May 26, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Kurt Cobain

You're as alive as you feel, and personally, I feel really dead.

May 26, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  133. jenny

All of you are so ignorant if lady gaga wasnt free like she is many people would be afraid to be who they really are and she lets everyone know to be who they really are she brings happiness to many and I AM a very BIG Lady gaga fan and I LOVE WHO SHE IS :D

May 26, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  134. Joe Mahma

Her music sucks ans she looks like a retard.

May 26, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Shewolf143

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to call people retards? That is highly offensive to those who are mentally retarded or have Down Syndrome!
      Lady Gaga has talent but if she didn't have a gimmick, she would be just another singer. She has found a way to market herself & make a ton of money doing it. Anyone who has anything negative to say is just jealous. I respect her for marketing herself & do you really think she cares what you naysayers have to say about her? NO! You are nothing but pitiful little fools, complaining while she is laughing all the way to the bank. How much do all of you critics make a year? Yeah, I thought so. This is addressed to Sivart-what do boobs have to do with talent or were you just bragging about your manboobs?

May 26, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  135. Tutu

Gaga looks dead, on or off stage. I don't understand the attraction...?

May 26, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  136. SmarterthanU

She's great. It's been a long time since we've seen an artist mix dramatic arts, costume, visuals and song piece all together. That's what performers should do. Tickets run no less than $50 these days and everyone should get what they paid for. And, she does not lip sync!

I even saw Rush. Great musicians, but for $125 a ticket all I got was an empty square stage with one screen with the worst camera work, strained vocals and graphics that looked like they were from the 80's. That sucked and I loved that band.

May 26, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack in the Box

Please don't mention Rush and Lady Gaga in the same sentence, paragraph, or page. That's like eating caviar with a Whopper. (Rush being the caviar)

May 26, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  137. JJDLS

and when she's on stage she looks like she's dead...go figure

May 26, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  138. bob

Gaga is the best don,t be haters because you have no talent.

May 26, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  139. slupdawg

She's one performer whose popularity truly mystifies me.

May 26, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Bad Pappy

Clearly, if anything, she's provocative. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many haters on here wasting their time to write negative comments about her. She is a strong women (like Madonna) who knows how to work the system. She has something to say—especially to young kids in the GLBT Community. I think that's the real reason for the negativity here. Give me the messy GaGa over (the waste of space,) Britney or the slick, souless polish of Beyonce any day.

May 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Yawn

She wears a meat suit, but isn't trying to shock for shock's sake? Her "art" is wearing a meat suit? Uh, ok.

It's also really hilarious that she believes that she is the only artist for the last 20 YEARS who has been vocal about politics or human rights. Hubris much?

May 26, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  141. willis

hack

May 26, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  142. Old Geezer

I can probably explain why the comments here are so foul. They all had parents who said the same thing about the Beatles when they came across the sea. All you ol' geezers need to chill.

There are better things you can do in life than bash a new artist. Like go on a diet or call a friend and go to a movie. Its not that hard to do something better than bashing an artist on CNN.com. I guess this is the epitome of a 2011 geek on the computer. Not just a pen-protector-wearing computer user anymore, they sit around bashing-others to make themselves feel better. oooohhh how manly! NOT! Get a life!

May 26, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

I don't bash any artist. It's sad to see someone gain so much popularity based on her personality. There are hundreds of fine, hugely talented, self-effacing musicians in this country that could use publicity. Yet, we have this pop-culture icon in our faces every day. Americans have lost their sense of of what is genuine talent.

May 27, 2011 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  143. Been Gaga'd

trust me..she's right

May 26, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  144. Mark

I'm not a fan of the musical style, but anyone with musical training (whether they like her or not) understands that unlike most other pop stars of the day she is legitimately talented.

Secondly, I know plenty of people who were passionate about their careers and are at their happiest when they are working. This is all she is saying. A friend of mine, a teacher, says she is her happiest when she is in front of a classroom. Another friend of mine, a chef, shares similar feelings about being in the kitchen cooking. Lady Gaga feels this way about putting on a musical / theatrical performance.

I will admit that we worship celebrities far too much in this country and therefore this story deserves no attention.

May 26, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • dwt

I like your balance, Mark. People who show up in a forum like this simply to rag on Gaga should look at how they're spending their own time first.

May 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Ok so she loves what she does for a living, so do I. The difference is, I don't feel dead when I'm not working. I have other pleasures & interests in my life. There is definately a problem if she can't be happy if she's not on stage performing.

May 26, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Ben

Another day another GaGa Top Story on CNN.com. I am switching back to FoxNews and the NY Times. Yes, GaGa, you're Rocky. That's exactly who you are. You certainly have his looks and his singing talent.

May 26, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  146. Derek

She is full of crap, if she was born so weird how come her old High School photos show a normal looking girl? She only got more and more bizarre once she started making money at it.

BULLS**T if you ask me. I agree good music doesn't need distrations.

May 26, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  147. Elvis

I feel dead on and offstage.

May 26, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  148. Marilyn Manson

I feel dead when I AM onstage.

May 26, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  149. Come On

wow someone didnt keep up this week....this is such old news

May 26, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  150. TRouble

Dead Gaga??? Really? Ever feel over dramatic?

May 26, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  151. Meh

Here's a question: If she's so passionate about her "art", why does she need all the distractions? Good music stands on its' own. It doesn't need dancers, costumes, huge, expensive sets and makeup... It's an auditory art. In my experience, the more visual aids you use in music, the less actual music you have. I am a musician, and I make my living playing music. I don't wear costumes. I don't have dancers. Have you heard of me? Probably not. And if it takes doing anything that seems fake to me for you to hear me, then you won't. At the end of the day, I always know that my music stands on its' own. I may never get rich or famous, but I will always have more respect from my fellow musicians. This is truth.

May 26, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Britney Spears

"I may never get rich or famous" but you'll always have jealousy to keep you warm, right?

May 26, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

Because she is a performance artist more than anything. Not that I care for her performances or her music, but if she just made a career of singing she'd be another unknown musician. Its her performance art that makes her stand out.

May 26, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Kissfan07

What is the conversion rate from respect to dollars?

May 26, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Thenextstep

Sorry, but the days of Johny cash and Loretta Lynn standing up on stage with just a guitar are long gone..... Now its computers, reverberators, fireworks, and ugly costumes.

May 26, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

I don't know... Pink Floyd, The Who and Queen are damn fine musical acts, three of the best ever, yet they are both known and loved for more than just their music.

May 26, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Anette

You're a musician ... she's a performance artist. That's the difference.

May 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jameson12

Very well said. She and all the gimmick using "shock rockers" are disappointing. But, I can see her point of using it. Our society has become less cultured and shallow. So, I guess she fits the bill.

May 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Lennon

"Have you heard of me? Probably not" and we never will. Get over yourself. You sound jealous.

May 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Summer819

While I fully agree with what you've said on music standing on it's own, I also agree with Greg in that she is a performance artist. All of the elements – stage, costume, dance are just as important to her as her music. While I do enjoy her music when it's on the radio, I'm not a huge fan of hers. No real reason other than her whole persona doesn't appeal to me. Do I think she can sing? Absolutely. Is her music groundbreaking to me personally? No. Just like most musicians she's got her group of fans that totally understand and adore her. Fabulous for them. I just wish we didn't have to constantly hear how people don't "get" her and how in love with music she is. We get it. You love your art. Try as she might to make everyone understand her, it's not going to happen. It's just not everyone's "thing" and she should continue to cater to her audience and leave everyone else be.

May 27, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  152. Madtown

I feel dead when Lady GaGa is onstage, and performing.

Signed,
    Quality musical production

May 26, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Mac

totally made me "lol"

May 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • dan in capitola

Most definitely. Her Monster Ball on HBO is the most underwhelming, COLD, ridiculous, self-important, boring-ass crap. Why is it all her props and costumes have such a tacky cheap look to them, too? She's a reheated Madonna who never did it for me, either.

May 26, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Sivart

my boobs are bigger than hers..and im a guy

May 26, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

You poor guy. Let's take up a collection for him.

May 26, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Pan Flute

Dropping some butt pumpkins in that squirrels nest...then she has a hair doo doo.

May 26, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Babiyaga

@Sivart- gross. Maybe you wouldn't be so mad if you got off you ars and exercised a bit. Fatty.

May 26, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • alice

I feel dead when Im not slding a biscuit down my doookie chute.

May 26, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Tyler Durden

Get off my porch Meatloaf!!!!! >_<

May 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • longislandicedshe

sivart (is that your real name or did u make it up? if its the latter i might suggest picking something else) and are you trying to insult gaga or yourself by talking about your man boobs. all of yall haters need to get a life, or let us listen to you number one hit and we can compare it to mother monsters.

May 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Peace

Ian, she sounds like she sings thru those nickels, too! (& she got rich singing like that...?) She has a huge fan base, but I am not one of them. Good day all !

May 26, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • bill

Not part of her fan base, yet you took time out of your day to read an article about her and then even more time to post something about the article. Yeah your not part of her fan base, not at all.

May 26, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  155. ian

Look at that nose full of nickels.

May 26, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • PK

Does she ever look in a mirror? She looks dead! She's too busy trying to shock people !I wou;dn't watch her if I was paid to do it!!

May 27, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  156. SaveMe

A Madonna wanna-be, but why anyone would imitate Madonna is beyond me. Yeah, did she have a couple of okay songs, yes, but that's about it. The need to shock people is the same.

May 26, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  157. Dave

SaveMe – Madonna was a successful act. She's copying a successful act hoping for success herself.

May 26, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  158. pezzer

yep, she may feel dead when she's not "performing", but she looks dead most of the time, so not a big deal. What a freak-a-zoid wannabe, proof of the gullibility of popularity these days.

May 26, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  159. bill

Yeah I bet she really cares what you think when she is out spending her millions...maybe even billions...

May 26, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  160. donutman

When i'm not at work, i feel alive

May 26, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  161. Chandler

Anyone who calls her Lady "Gag Gag" has NO room to talk. That is the most over used, immature, unimaginative, generic insult. A 3rd grader could come up with a better diss than that. If you don't like her at least have the mental ability to slam her with some style. Repeating stupid phrases is just lame.

May 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Calvin

OK.........Lady Gag-a

May 26, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Name*jon jon

I don't why she so popular,her performing was ok her dancing is suck......i like some of her song that just about it....she just ok to me......nothing special .....

May 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Adam

Please stay off stage then....

May 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |