No goodbye, Oprah says, just 'until we meet again'
May 25th, 2011

No goodbye, Oprah says, just 'until we meet again'

Watch "Showbiz Tonight's" one-hour special on Oprah's final farewell at 11pm ET/PT tonight on HLN.

Before the stage went dark on her long-running talk show Wednesday, Oprah Winfrey still had a few more lessons to share.

Instead of inviting one last super-special guest to appear, giving away a car or doing one more incredible makeover, Winfrey opted to take the finale of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" back to basics:  It was just Oprah, giving what she called “a love letter” to her audience.

"This last hour is about me saying thank you; it is my love letter to you," she said. "I want to leave you all with the lessons that anchor my life. Every day that I stood here I knew that this was exactly where I was supposed to be. There was many a day I came to work tired, but I showed up because I knew that you were waiting, you were waiting for whatever we had to offer. That’s why I never missed a day in 25 years."

Over the course of 60 minutes Wednesday, Winfrey inspired laughter, but it’s also fair to say that she simply felt the need to inspire. The 57-year-old media mogul told her viewers she hoped they would take what she's given them and turn their everyday lives into their own personal stage, to realize they also have the power to affect and change lives.

"Everyone has a calling, and your real job in life is to figure out what that is and get about the business of doing it," she said. "You have to know what sparks the light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world. ... Wherever you are, that’s your stage, your circle of influence. That’s your talk show, that’s where your power lies. … You have the power to change somebody’s life."

The other lesson the show has taught her, she said, is how important it is to grasp the concept of your own worth. "The show has taught me that there’s a common thread that runs through all of our pain and suffering: unworthiness," Winfrey said. "We can all block our own blessings because we don’t feel inherently good enough or smart enough or pretty enough. The show has taught me that you’re worthy because you were born and you are here. You're being here, and being alive, makes you worthy. You alone are enough."

And, of course, if you want to still hear from Oprah, you can. She said during the finale that her new e-mail address is oprah@oprah.com.  "It’s the personal e-mail account for all of you," Winfrey said, adding if there's something in your inbox from that address,  it's from her directly. "I want you to know that what you have to say matters to me."

In the end, Winfrey said her departure isn't bittersweet, but rather "all sweet and no bitter."

"Every single day I came down from my makeup room, I’d offer a prayer of gratitude for the opportunity to have done this work. To be embraced by all of you, it's one of the greatest honors a human being can have," she said.

"Many of us have been together for 25 years. ... So I thank you all for your support and trust in me. I thank you for tuning in every day. ... I won’t say goodbye, I’ll just say, 'Until we meet again.' "

1. short stories

You understand thus considerably in the case of this matter, made me in my opinion imagine it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men aren't involved until it is something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs great. Always handle it up!

August 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GINNY

OPRAH WANTED TO BE ANOTHER BARBARA WALTERS. BUT SHE DIDNT HAVE THE SMARTS TO DO IT. SHE GAVE OUT MANY GIFTS AT CHRISTMAS BUT THEY WERE ALL TAX DEDUCTBLE. AND DIDNT COME OUT OF HERPOCKET. IF SHE WAS A TRUE AMERICAN SHE SHOULD OF HELPED HER OWN NATIVE AMERICANS BY GETTING PEOPLE HEALTH CARE THAT THEYCAN AFFORD. TO PURCHASE. ALSO GETTING PEOPLE OFF OF WELFARE WHO ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO WORK. BY DOING THESE SIMPLE THINGSOUR COUNTRY WILL BECOME STRONG AND HEALTHY AGAIN.

August 1, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. ironman1

there is a god finally this fat hog is off tv good by and hope we never hear from you again next is obummer out of office

May 29, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lois clark

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbtQacZRII&w=640&h=390]

May 29, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Carol

Bub-bye, see ya, sayonara, auf-wiedersehen!!!!

May 28, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Irene

Oprah – thank you for giving the glory to God and for mentioning the name of Jesus on the air, I wasn't even sure it was possible anymore. We love you Oprah, and anyone on a blog that isn't dishing love, ISN'T.

May 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gwen

LOL to some of these comments. Haven't watched Oprah in year but I must say I wanted to read the article to see just who she had on this show since there has been constant advertising about her "final" show. So, to Sam – she did exactly what you said – named a network after herself and I agree she has done so much self promoting. Now to widy – while to a degree you are correct about the Turner network – that is what it is! Turner – not Ted Turner Network. So, Sam is also correct. You see – Oprah named hers Oprah Winfrey Network – OWN! Now that we have that straight LOL!

May 28, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. BACK TO SCHOOL WE GO

OPRAH IS THE QUEEN ... GOD LOVES HER AND SHE DOES GOOD WORKS.

NOW COME AND GET YOUR REPORT CARDS CLASS. AND ANOTHER THING. THERE WILL BE DETENTIONS FOR ALL THE ARROGANT PUPILS WHO DID NOT LEARN THE LESSONS. NOW WE NOW OUR ABC. OR WAIT! NO WE DON'T BACK TO SCHOOL WE GO. BACK TO GRADE 0

REMEMBER WHAT OPRAH SAID.. NOT OPERA ACTUALLY BOTH ARE PLEASANT AND COOL TALENTS.

May 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Johnny B GOOD

OPRAH IS THE QUEEN ... GOD LOVES HER AND SHE DOES GOOD WORKS.

May 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. unoamongmany

I am sooooo happy I don't have to flick the channel in a hurry. I never did like BIGOTS of any color. Nor would I tolerate the "air" in my home. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Thank God Almighty, free at last, fee at last.

May 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. brenda tj

HI OPRAH YOU HAVE IT ALL I THINK FOR ALL OF US. BECAUSE OF YOU I KEEP A JOURNAL EVERYDAY SOMETIMES WHEN I GO BACK & READ SOMETHINGS I SAY BOY THAT IN 1966 . SOMETHING THAT MAY HAVE A WHILE OPRAH YOU HEAR IT ALWAYS I TRUELY DO LOVE YOU & I HAVE CRIED WITH YOU TO (THANKS) BJ

May 27, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. MFerman

Dont let the door hit you your fat behind on your way out! Glad the racist cult leader is FINALLY off the airwaves.

May 27, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. tahir sedige khalil

never in my live have i adore women as you opera ! u will be in mind for decades

May 27, 2011 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. Phelix

Winfred, U`re an icon, a role model, a mogul whose legacy wil linger still even after her departure...... wateva a man does for himself we b forget with him wen he`s gone, bt wateva a man does for the masses lives on even after he migth hav gone. u`ve accomplished much my lady. LIVE FREE.

May 27, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ray

GREAT NEWS SHE HAS GONE!! I CAN NOW TURN DOWN THE BRIGHTNESS & CONTRAST ON MY TV !

May 26, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bridgett

I love you Oprah. I will miss you. I watched your show everyday. I have been watching your show for 15 or 20 years.Good luck with your new show.

May 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mia

Crazy Idiot. Your name is appropriate!

May 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mary

Welcome to the Tom Penders Show! ( lets have a giggle Tom, but seriously ) John13: 34 A new commandment I give unto you. That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. Please, can't we all walk in love,please!

May 26, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. crazy Idiot

Thank god she left... she only donated a little bit

May 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Iownmyowncompany

I find it funny the amount of negative comments about a person who has done nothing but tried to impact peoples lives to be better, live better and love better. Do you her hate because she made a vast amount of money and 19 generations of your own family will never match what shes made collectively? is it because she wills power over so many people to watch her that you hate her and and if you told the truth ,quietly, you can't will power over your family, neighbors , coworkers or yourself ? Is it because she is woman that you hate her? Is it because she is a black woman you hate her? surely that could not be the reason.LOL! I guess I rest in the fact that "haters" or really nothing but cowards in their own lives.

May 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Suzzy

Way to go Oprah! Job well done! check out http://www.gilrvent.com to continue the platform that O has created.

May 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mia

Rachel. Oprah helped people, "mostly her OWN KIND." Really? Well FYI, you don't need Oprah's money to do a "good deed." Why don't you buy a homeless person NOT of your" OWN KIND" a Subway sandwich. Then have yourself a coke and a smile.

May 26, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Rachel

We have had Oprah OVER KILL, I'm happy she's finally gone, she is not a God, she has done some excellent
    things in helping people, but mostly her own kind, I think she shows favortism in that respect.
    If I had her money I would do good deeds also, and help some of those people barely making ends meet.

May 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. pierce

Oprah: Narcissism at its worst.

Thanks for going away, at least for now.
    Your legions on middle class white women in a trance now need a life.

May 26, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Boaz Adegu

We were touched by Oprah even here in Kenya. "Until we meet again!"

May 26, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Heann

I hear she swallows

May 26, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sheeple

Did she tell us what we should do until her return?

May 26, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  28. itsallgoodnroanoke

Have a great life Lady O, Your jobs well done. You gave your all. If you gave the negative fools a CAR, oh Ophrah is such a wonderful lady. We all are going to turn our heads because its less of you negative fools than positive people. We are about Lady O!

May 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mo

You will be missed Oprah. Maybe not by some of the people on the message board...LOL and before you comment, I do have a job, friends and a life... and I happened to like Oprah.

May 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. @mia

DONT WASTE UR TIME TRYING TO DEFEND THE SISTAS TO THESE BUFOONS. TRUE IGNORANCE IS DISPLAYED BY THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF A PERSONS MOUTH. WE (THE BLACK COMMUNITY) GET STEREOTYPED ALL THE TIME. AND ANY MENTION OF OPRAH, OR PRESIDENT & 1ST LADY OBAMA, HELL, ANY AFFLUENT AFRICAN AMERICAN..THESE COWARDS POST RACIST, EGREGIOUS COMMENTS *UNDER FAKE NAMES*. I DONT BELIEVE ALL WHITE PPL ARE RACIST...BUT *ALOT* OF THEM ARE..AND PHONEY..AND SNEAKY (I've even had other white ppl say that about their own race also!!)

May 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mia

Wow. I rarely watched Oprah in the last several years. The last one that I watched was her uniting with a sister that her mom never told her about. But I must say that whatever you say about her she could care less. You just hate the fact that she was born a poor black girl from Mississippi who did not become a statistic. Welfare, drugs, 6 kids and not knowing who the fathers are, you know the stereotype some of you have of black women (not all of us or all of you live that life.) However I'm loving the negative comments. If you took the time to rant and rave and spew sarcasm about a woman who you are not even good enough to wipe her ample azz, please continue.

May 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Gary

MINGEE! Its not goodbye my dear old friend. It's til we meet again! :'(

May 26, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  33. Mingee

Gary? Gary? Is that you Gary? We're goin 2 Paris Gary. We're goin 2 see the LOOV

May 26, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  34. Oprah

I often pooped my pants during my career.

May 26, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  35. noileen junor FROM JAMAICA

HI Oprah, love your show, going to miss you. you are a very good Ambassador to all. KIND, HELPFUL, also
    GOD BLESS YOU.

May 26, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  36. Canadian Man

This must have been Oprah's favorite show ever, 1 hour talking about herself.

May 26, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  37. bubbaho

who cares

May 26, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  38. Cyril Bruce-Cathline

Hi Oprah, i love you soooooo much. i have learned so much from your show. My favorite one was with Puppy rescues. There, you did not show love for only man but also for animals. God loves you sooooo much cos you are a true child.

May 26, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  39. easystorm zak

... Oprah has a strong charisma to pull the audience and was one of the best tv host

May 26, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  40. charlie crack

Alright! This is getting annoying.....bye oprah!!! Geez....Leave!!!

May 26, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  41. codedaddy

Sorry you feel that way, Oprah. I wish you goodbye until we meet again. Or don't you know the meaning of "goodbye"?

May 25, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. slong

Now who is going to tell the dozzie housewives what to think?

May 25, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sarah

Never watched the show or anything but i totally respect Oprah. anyone who's willing to share that much of their wealth with the less fortunate is a good person. of course she's still a very wealthy woman but she worked honostly for her money so i'm not going to hold it against her.

May 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Barbara Nickoles

Oprah, I have been watching you off and on for 25yrs. My youngest daughter had just been born and I was a volunteer at Travis Air Force Base U.S.O. and I knew you were something special back then; I even had to fight with the guys to watch you, and they too grew to like your show. Now, my daughter is 25 and just yesterday she had a miscarriage with her first child,a baby she wanted so desperatelly.(I never noticed or paid attention but missed-carriage, kinda says it all.) But, God choose to take her baby. Although our hearts are breaking now for the loss of the baby, and your show (not to compare the two) I know it's all in God's great plan. I have been blessed over the years to do a lot of volunteer work with almost every organization, or a form of it. I have always known that I too was special, even before your shows reinterated. LOL But I have always felt a connection to you, for we are sisters in spirit. And I too have always felt connected to people all over the world! God Speed (whatever that means) Love Barbara and daughter Amber

May 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  45. dave meccariello

i thought it was a classy goodbye. i have kinda noticed that most of her audience is chubby middle class white chicks.

May 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. stevie

Good riddance, chubby.

May 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Tom Cruise

Tom Penders, go jump off a cliff.

May 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

I wear your scorn like a badge of honor.

It's not my fault you are full of anger and hate.

You racist.

May 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. karen

I understand some likes her and thought the world of her, but the ones who seem to think life ends cause she is gone....then she did not do her job. If she is as good as you all think then you should have learned and grown enough to be able to take from her and go on and use what you have learned over the years and just know "Life goes on" that is a compliment to her!

May 25, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  49. IzetAmira Milak

We will love You forever Oprah! We,ll keep on admiring Oprah for what she has became. If You please won't say goodbye,You will just say,"until we meet again."

If You please won't say goodbye,You will just say, "until we meet again". We love You forever Oprah.

May 25, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  50. leeoates

I am calling for an investigation of the takeover of all CNN sites on Libya by, apparently paid, Gadhafi people. All views that support the rebels are being deleted. This is foreign intervention into the right of Americans to express their views.It would seem that Gadhafi's supporters are frightened to face criticism from Americans, so do everything they can to block it.
    The great majority of commenters have been against Gadhafi, a bloody dictator and murderer, and have been systematically removed since the conflict began. CNN is no longer a place to exchange opinions, it has become a Gadhafi propaganda machine.
    I will continue to place this message on every news media outlet I can until some action is taken.
    If you would like to help keep America free from Gadhafi's crew (apparently headed by namia), please repost this somewhere. This is not span, it is a protest against CNN being taken over by foreign interests. less

May 25, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Debby

I never watched her show, but the woman is an icon and has helped alot of people of every race.

May 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Evel Knievel

Isn't this fat tub of lard done yet?

May 25, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. henrietta george

Looking forward to seeing you more you have inspired me in so many way as you love, give, encourage and support those that were and are in need

May 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  54. church of Oprah

Wlhat are the "brainless" people are going to do now without the "church of Oprah"?......

May 25, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Diesel03

I applaud Opra for all the good things she has done. But to impress me quit giving away cars and other mechandise or schools in Africa and donate in your own country. Think about those poor families who have lost loved ones in Joplin Missouri or all the people who have lost not just homes but their livelihoods when thay lost whole farms to the massive flooding in the south and midwest.Money will not bring back loved ones but it will help the family members and other people know there is someone willing to help them stand tall again.

May 25, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Suz

Say what you want about Oprah, but you can't argue with the fact that she did a lot of good for many people through her show. I'm not a big T.V. person and so she doesn't impress me much, but when I look at it objectively, I see a woman who saw her niche and not only took it, but RAN with it. It takes a smart, gutsy person to do that – on any level, whether it's making your own television show or starting your own underwater basketweaving business.

I don't necessarily subscribe to a lot of what Oprah says, but she has helped inspire and empower many. I wish her the best of luck in whatever she chooses to pursue next.

May 25, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Marilyn

Thanks all, you guys are hilarious....I needed that today.

May 25, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. glen

All empires rise and fall. The single biggest act of masturbation over 25 years (remember Ross Perot!). Too much Drama, too much attention...too many diets and too many "cows and sheeps" that depended on her. She won't be gone for long....good for her...a truly American Success story....but really? She won't be ABLE to stay out of life...good actress...we put our faith in false idols and it's really sad. She did it! But look at the context. Book clubs...magazine....I just never got it. Good for her and well deserved accomplishment. There are real problems and real issues and if she is serious she should enter politics and serve and be thankful for all of her supporters. I remember when Johnny Carson signed off and that was a classy ending. I just don't get it and how we "eat it up". She's got money...political clout...a network and she could finally be useful and serve the people and I hope she makes a run for some type of public office (no not the presidency). I'm not a fan...don't particularly care that she is retiring...because we all know that's BS. Just hope that she can focus on real issues and people (besides herself). She "made" alot of people. Not taking anything away from her! But she needs to use her power, her clout, and her persona to do some real good for real people during these trouble times......when she does that....I will be a fan. Just my nickel's worth. Giving out books, and DVD's and all the "special things" she did need to be done on a wider scale and without a camera (her camera's). Make a true difference..make an impact....and help people that really need it. Have to say it will be good (and short lived) to not be assaulted with O! It really was too much. I would vote for a Jerry Springer and O.W. Ticket because it would probably produce more "results" than what has been going on lately! It's a serious time for serious people that want to deal with serious issues instead of flouting and aggrandizing. Just my take. There is a real opportunity here and I hope she takes it and makes it. She's young, beautiful, clearly smart and powerful.....people need and look up to her....time for her to get past herself and her friends and do some good hard and real work. Hope she does it. God Bless her. She's worked and earned everything she has and has given alot...but there is so much more she can do. I hope she does it.

May 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Cindy

There are no words to explain how u affected my life and literally kept me alive and give me strength to push forward. Thank you for being you....

May 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Phyllis Clarke

I have great admiration for this woman. Like all of us, she is a flawed human being, but she was able to inspire, inform and connect with millions of people like few of us ever will. She persevered in the face of the most tawdry criticism, (her weight, her relationship with Gayle King) etc. and continued to share her unique gifts as an interviewer. She was a constant in the daily lives of so many, and she did not pander to the moronic audiences a la Jerry Springer. A class act all the way. Godspeed, Miss Winfrey.

May 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  61. tcaros

As Oprah ends her career as "man hater" we gradually find out she's been a lesbian all along. Kinda like Whoopi Goldberg.
    No wonder she talked so much man hate for all those years. Steadman was just a front, so that women watching her show wouldn't know her real problem with men. She hid it for a reason. Less people would have listened to her dribble.

May 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Judge Dredd

Some people need to stop breaking the law!

I am the law

May 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Joe

Oprah has done many good things with her celebrity. It's too bad that her using her platform to support the pseudoscience and fearmongering of Jenny McCarthy has caused more damage than all of her good has done. I hope you use your "network" to try to undo some of the damage you have caused. Measles could have been eradicated by now. Disappointed isn't nearly a strong enough word.

May 25, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Gerard

Oprah Winfrey: Keeping ignorant women ignorant for 25 years.

May 25, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Glades2

I watched Oprah for a time in the summer of 1990 while living in a rural community and between jobs (no cable), and because of that hearing her name has always brought back good memories for me from a time when we were both a few years younger (lol) – I wish her well...

May 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Dennis Haymore

In all of the good Oprah has done, the few ya-hoos and their double digit IQs have nothing decent to say. All of you parasites know who you are....

May 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Beautiful Vixen

LMAO!!

May 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Diana Prince

I honestly can't believe all the negativity on this board. Wait a sec...yes, I can, now that I think about it. This board is filled with people who are miserable with their own lives, and they're projecting their misery onto a woman who's been giving and successful. I never follow Oprah Winfrey's life or even watch her show (I'm usually busy with other things), yet I only wish her the best and am thankful for what she's meant to so many people. To all of you seemingly filled with such hate, I truly hope your lives improve.

May 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Belcamp dad

MATT, you are an idiot. End of story.

May 25, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Joe

How do people find her entertaining?

May 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Karen

I didn't watch her and it will make NO difference to my life that she is gone.

May 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Kelly Rowland

She uh ho.

May 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Selfish Gene ...Simmons

ENOUGH!!!

Goodbye, so long, sayonara... out...okay, bye bye...

May 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Tony Montana

Oprah Winfrey? She a horse.

May 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  75. "Y"

Oprah is gone..DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  76. gravitate

Something tells me we will be seeing her in the Obama administration during the next election...NOT GOOD...

May 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Fenian

Who really gives a damn? She is what is known as a television personality. She is not Mother Theresa. All this adoration for her is pathetic. So is all of the hating and bashing. Get a real life if you have nothing to do but pray to this woman or make up cute little lymrics about how fat she is. It's a real world. There are real problems out there. Grow up.

May 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  78. HATERSHATEOPRAHBECAUSETHEREISSOMUCHTOOHATE

HATERS HATE OPRAH. HATERS HATE OPRAH MORE THAN GLEE, LADY GAGA AND THAT LITTLE GIRL JUSTINE BIEBER COMBINED. HATING OPRAH IS WHAT HATERS DO. IF YOU DON'T HATE OPRAH YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE "I HATE OPRAH" BLOGS. GO NOT-HATE OPRAH SOMEPLACE ELSE. NON-HATERS ARE LOSERS!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  79. GE

Bye Oprah I won't be shedding any tears..heck I never seen the show anyway I won't miss ya!

May 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Michael

It's about time! Never has there been someone filled with so much self-importance in the history of human kind. "I want to leave you all with the lessons that anchor my life." Are you kidding me? Such sanctimonious bull. Call her what she is: exploiter, advertiser, self-demagoguer-er, etc.
    Spare us, please.

May 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fenian

Amen. Her ego is unbelievable. Everyone groveling at her feet should read a few ancient texts in regards to what the God of Abraham says about pride and false idols. ( By the way, for you slower ones out there that covers the bible the koran, and the torah.) I'm no religous zelot, but a good idea is agood idea.

May 25, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  81. DixieNormous

I'm guessing it will take about 3 -4 people to fill her seat..

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Harriot

Goodbye, Good Riddance, Take your Cult Followers with you to a Galaxy Far Far Away! LOL

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  83. I LOVE TOM PENDERS

I do! I really DO!

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  84. David

she made a fortune stating the obvious as if it were wisdom. what does that say about those who made her rich?

May 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  85. kate68

For a bunch of people who don't like Oprah or what she stands for, you've sure wasted a lot of time and energy reading this article and bashing it and her!!! Go spend your energy on something else that might give a damn about what you have to say. Oprah is 100 times the person that you are, and you're all just jealous of her fame and fortune. At least she's used her status to better the world instead of spread hate and ill feelings!!

May 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. John T

She is a great entertainer. Her show is no better than Jerry Springer though, it's a lot of BS. She threw away so many opportunities to help educate people and instead chose to embrace sensationalism and quacks.

To the show good bye and good riddance my you never come back in reruns or any other form.

May 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Island Girl

...Aloha...

May 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Mick

Now where will we go for spiritual mumbo jumbo, paranormal foolishness, and medical quackery? The world just got a little less dumb.

May 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  89. whocarescnn2

blah blah..... blah blah blah... blah blah

May 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  90. RS

... does it shock anyone really that Oprah's final guest on her show was essentially -herself-? For a woman publishing a magazine with herself on every single cover, this seems about right. I'm surprised her ego can fit in the same continent with the rest of us.

(I hate Oprah, in case it was unclear.)

May 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. lsndon

Thank you Oprah for the libraries, books, scholarships and more that you gave.

May 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  92. bill mcmasters

Oprah Winfrey: teaches her adoring worshippers "how far black women have come" by having jewelers donate hundreds of thousands of dollars, not to charity, but rather in diamond necklaces to already superwealthy black female celebrity divas. She didn't pay for them, but had automobile manufacturers donate their upcoming new cars to a bunch of people that couldnt even afford the taxes nor insurance to drive the cars. Real helpful, Oprah. These are just the tip of the iceberg of deeds designed to make her look like some great philanthropist when in reality she is a megalomaniacal, hypocritical, self-serving, racist, elitist fraud. And yet everyone uncritically worships her as if she is some sort of god.

May 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Fiona

I watched a few minutes of the "surprise" show, but had to turn it off because I couldn't stand what amounted to a twisted kind of idol worship. Luckily, those few minutes included the Seinfeld bit (very funny), but the other stuff - ugh! Most offensive to me was that Oprah placed herself between Tom Hanks and another big figure from entertainment (name escapes me), but had her ersatz husband Steadman sit in back with the less important people. If a man did that to a female partner he would be pilloried. Oprah seems to think she is the queen and Steadman is her consort.

May 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Aspasia

She was pretty good in "The Color Purple" and seems like a nice lady. Never have seen her show, or read her magazine, so her departure means nothing to me.

May 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  95. eunis

Opa like to help deliver GAYles turds like she is delivering a baby then touch and kiss them.

May 25, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Tricia

Dear Tom,
    thanks for the much needed laugh i needed today.

racist.

May 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dirtyBoston

@ tom

You are too funny man keep it up

-RACIST

May 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |

Tricia & dirty Boston -

You guys complete me. Thanks for finding the humor. Some people take this stuff way too serious.

May 25, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Pat

Gawd I hate long goodbyes.
    Goodbye, already! Retire, enjoy your billions, don't give us another thought. Seriously.

May 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Joe

Please just go away. Please.

May 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  99. commenting

When Oprah says on her final show today "to god be the glory"...which god is she referring to? Because she has said on her show that Jesus is not the only way. With my God, the Christian God, if it doesn't point to Jesus it doesn't point to God. Anyway, love the Casting Crowns line in "What if His People Prayed"...'what if the family turned to Jesus, stopped asking Oprah what to do!?' Love it.

May 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  100. arlisme

...and to think our soldiers are defending our right to free speech and the best we can came up with is all these vile, hateful and hypocritrical opinions. D.....many years ago my mom also told me ..."if you don't have anything nice to say, you really should say nothing at all." Also brings to mind the "golden rule".....treat others as you want to be treated. How many of these people would like these things said about them if the shoe was on the other foot? C'mon America.....WE ARE REALLY BETTER THAN THIS !!!!

May 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  101. cardsfan65

a lot of jealous people of Oprah"s success....Oprah followed her dreams...unlike some of you,sitting around feeling sorry for yourselves because success wasn't blessed upon you!

May 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Parkerman

Millions may have watched her show, but tens of millions could care less. Good riddance to this male bashing show.

May 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Guest087

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

May 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Phil Donahue

Wow I haven't seen this much adoration and hate since the Phil Donahue show left television. At that time the show was put on a pedestal and told that TV would not be the same once gone. So to Oprah I say, you will be forgotton. Now everyone off the couch and do something with your life.

May 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  105. OGAGA

Has anyone subscribed OWN network? Any good?

May 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenny Butch

I love to watch OWN – The Oprah Gay Network while lifting weights, thinking of making love with Chaz Bono, lifting weights, being a She-man, eating fem coo-terhole and lickin Oprahs big black ass.

May 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Kevin B

Oprah just now had her finale? Geez, they've been milking the "last show" for three years. Good riddance.

May 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  107. MASTRODAMUS

Goodbye and good riddance!

May 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Jimbo

Some people care so much about individuals behind that glass screen in your living room and you don't even really know for sure what that person is like. I don't think she really knows what is important in life, she lived in Telluride, CO for years and didn't go to a national park until last year in California. Telluride is surrounded by national parks, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Mesa Verde, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park are all within 2 hours telluride and she never went. How are you going to trust someone who doesn't even care about the natural beauties of nature when they are in your own backyard?

May 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Frank

Oprah is a big fat racist phoney

May 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Ganan

Just as long as you GO--not narcassistic or anything are ya Oprah????

May 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  111. OPA!

WHO CARES – HOW IS THIS NEWS???

May 25, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  112. TFullerman

Regardless of your racial views and politics, there is no denying that Oprah has been part of the public consciousness for twenty-five years. "Hating" on her does nothing to diminish her impact on the world.

May 25, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  113. LadyV

Yes I will miss Oprah! She is a great person for just what she is done for others alone. So all those "hating" get you a life. Watching Oprah is no different than watching any show other TV show. And if you commented that you are glad she is saying "goodbye" PLEASE! she's not gone... still making millions and a difference.

May 25, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  114. PaulC

I must have missed something but I did not find Oprah that talented or her programs that extraordinary but I cannot argue with tens of millions so maybe we will get a clone so we won't have to depend on DWS and AI.

May 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Oreo

What is worse than a racist?

Tom Penders

May 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  116. B-Rad Gluckman

Dayum.... enough about Oprah! Her last guest was herself? How fitting.

May 25, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Peace

I'm not into talk shows. I know a lot of you will miss O & obviously, a lot of you won't. Why do some of you bring our President into this ? America voted & I doubt very much Oprah had anything to do w/it ! Good day all !

May 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Shannon

Good riddance...... I never cared for that black lady.

May 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Fred

Is Oprah dead? This thing is turning into a joke. Enough about Oprah!

May 25, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Grumpster

Never watched more than a couple minutes in all the years she was on. I never found her even the least bit interesting. She appealed to the lowest common denominator, which brought her huge popularity among those who could not or would not find answers themselves or from any other source than the boob tube.

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  121. ITRIEDTOGETTICKETSTOTHELASTSHOW

I TRIED TO GET TICKETS TO THE LAST SHOW BUT THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN BECAUSE I WAS WHITE AND I WAS WEARING A "I HATE FAT PIGS" BUTTON ON MY JACKET!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • MASTRODAMUS

Yeah, those are definitely possible reasons why they didn't let you on the show.

May 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  122. chadia

some people live in a different time zone, you couldve waited a few hours before posting this crap on here....damn you cnn.

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  123. fitnessfits

I would bet a third of the hateful comments above are from the same person using multiple ID's.

Oprah has had an extraordinary run with her show. The fact she has started her own network means it should come as no surprise that she does NOT intend this finale to be the end of her career, just the end of this particular vehicle for getting her message out.

I don't know about you, but I have over 150 channels to choose from, and I still watch less than 5 hours of television a week. I rarely have the opportunity to watch Oprah, but when I have, I have found what she produced to be a product far superior to most of what is "on TV". That is why she is rich, and I am not: she produces a product that millions of viewers are willing to take out the time to watch. Moreover, she has managed to do so while usually carrying a message that was informative and uplifting. She deserves every penny she has earned, and I am betting the people casting dispersions on her name cannot say the same.

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • KennyG

I don't hate her. I just wish that she would use her influence on the public to promote higher mores. Single mothers, live in boyfriends, gay marriage, abortion support, etc., just does not get it.

May 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  124. IHATETHEFATOLDPIGOPRAH

THIS FAT OLD PIG NEED TO GO AWAY FOR EVER AND EVER, AMEN!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  125. DINGDONGTHEPIGISGONE

DING DONG, THE PIG IS GONE
    OFF THE AIR
    THE PIG IS GONE
    DING DONG, THE FAT OLD PIG IS GONE

May 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Starprof

Oprah is gone from daytime TV? It really is the End of The World As We Know It

May 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  127. patNY

jealousy...nothing but sheer jealousy for Oprah by all the nasty pathetic posts above...this woman has not done a single bad thing with her show to hurt anyone...she is an American treasure. I'm glad I was there at the beginning and the now the end.

May 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  128. D

If Oprah changed just ONE life for the better by inspiring someone then it all was worth it. People made her an authority. She didn't ask for that. She just gave her opinion. She asked tough questions of her guests, herself and audience. All the people bad-mouthing her are seriously ignorant because they cannot figure out that she was basically many people's daily therapy. She had very inspriational stories, messages etc. That is what is wrong with America–everyone has to tear people down instead of embracing differences. I'll tell you all what I tell my kindergartner..."if you don't have anything nice to say, you really should say nothing at all."

May 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Sue

Tom Penders... Do you work for Oprah? Are you Oprah?? How much are you getting paid to comment on everything?? I want that job...

May 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Sarah

For those of you saying "goodbye already" why are you even reading this article?

May 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Blake

she should use some of her money to build an nuclear powerplant with an underground extra fortified container building housing the reactor with an small tunnel leading to it and the earth around it cement. The water and other pumps would have remote controlled seals on them and the door at the end of the short tunnel would be vault like. This should create an new powerplant that would be much easier to contain if meltdown occurs.

May 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Drew

I am truly amazed about how cynical we have become-as evidenced by many of the classless statements made about
    Oprah. This is truly a woman who made a difference-maybe there is a lot of jealousy about her success-theiir could certainy be racial overtones! Imagine a woman of color being the most suuceesful TV personality (arguably) and worth $2billion. The same folks bashing her probably do not like Obama! a cultured "with it" leader. Again I do not get why/what
    these loosers have to be so upset abouit-go get a life and stop bashing those who do well!

May 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Marty

Good Bye OPRAH!!!! I will miss you. This is a sadder day than when JFK was shot.

May 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Lori - Miramar

If I could ask Oprah just one question – It would be – Are you saved?

May 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Lori

Mine would be, "Why did you eat all the food?"

May 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Yeah Lori- I wonder as well. It's come to my attention that not even Mother Theresa was saved :)

May 25, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Charles

Bravo Oprah! The celebration of her transition to the next phase in her life has been spectacular. Such an outpouring of love and good tidings! What a magnificent blessing to be such an inspiration to so many! I pray Oprah's continued success and blessings! What an amazing woman and human being!

May 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  136. grofys

she reached out to the least common denominator of a limited segment of afternoon television viewers; of course those people will live through her and like her. ot: reflexives are not needed in english grammar and "within" should be "in". there is no "within myself" or "within oneself".

May 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Eliezer

I thought this was an inspirational speech. I don't know why all of you are posting hate comments. If we had more people like her that are trying to make a difference, the world would be a better place.

From wikipedia:
    Winfrey's show raises money through promotion of her public charity and she personally donates more of her own money to charity than any other performer in America. In 2005 she became the first black person listed by Business Week as one of America's 50 most generous philanthropists, having given an estimated $303 million as of 2007. Winfrey was the 32nd most philanthropic. She has also been repeatedly ranked as the most philanthropic celebrity.

I don't like her acceptance of gays and lesbians.

May 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  138. shanonigans

Clandestine we undertand that you being inbred and uneducated is not your fault. Money can't fix that either. I heard Jerry Springer is taking you type of people.

May 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Rodney

i dont care whether or not she is retiring. i just want my moment to make sweet love to this woman. i have fantasized about her booty ever since i was a teenager, damn

May 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  140. blake

Please say good bye and stay gone. Most of America is weary of your self promotion and leftist agenda.

May 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Joshua

This thread is a reflection of how seriously disturbed our society is. Very few people undertand that the emotions one carries within oneself has a greater impact on the host, than that of the intended receipient. In laymen's terms, you are only hurting yourself when you harbor negative emotions. Please educate and heal yourselves. – Lovingly

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • HeyZeus

The fact that you analyze an Oprah blog to diagnose "society’s" ills is testament to your intelligence level... or young age

May 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  142. shanonigans

Don't be mean to Clandestine!

Being inbred and uneducated is no joke. The exact type of person Oprah would help.

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Chgogal

Goodbye Oprah! Thanks for all you have done. You inspire many people. I am sure you will be successful in your future, just as you have been in the past.

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Wayne, Belleville, Canada

I hear that Obama was a hopeful replacement.

May 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  145. carlos

so much jelousy and complete ignorance from the mostly christians, t buggers, deathers and birthers......you people are parasites. If you do not have her millions, be at peace with yourselves.....

May 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne, Belleville, Canada

Thank goodness the group you deride is what holds us together.

May 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  146. JohhnyB

"Are we still gonna have Christmas Mommy?" "Yes Virginia. Yes we will..."

May 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  147. I know that's right!

Now that Celebrity Apprentice, DTWS & Oprah are off the air...WHAT ARE YOU ALL GOING TO DO!??? I guess you will just have to wait until America's Got Talent comes back on!

May 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  148. HeyZeus

Don't let the door hit ya' where the good Lord split ya'....

May 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Mark

WGAF!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Christy

Daaaaannngg!!! Haters like crazy on this page. My question is, if you are sick of her, especially after 25 years of obviously harboring mucho hostility and jealousy toward the woman, WHY DID YOU CLICK ON THE ARTICLE??!!!! Idiots...You people must have some pretty pathetic lives with no one to EVER listen to you b!tch and complain so you're forcing the rest of us to be subjected to it. Take your meds already and do something with your own lives and stop being so freakin bitter!!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne, Belleville, Canada

I hear the intolerance in your message.

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne, Belleville, Canada

Tom, I didn't realize I needed your permission. As for racial demographics, do a bit of research first before you taste your toes. You are amongst the most intolerant and abusive here.

May 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |

Canada-

This is America. We don't eat toes.

We do have fun getting people riled up who take themselves way too serious though.

May 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Tom Penders

Why do you losers care to make fun of people who watch this show?

Who cares? If you don't like it, move along.

Never seen the show in my life, but I would imagine it had more of an impact on society than you pathetic, self-loathing wastes of space have.

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  152. tom0226

If there was an award for most pretentious, guess who would win?

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  153. jb1963

Enough already good bye. I never watched anyway.
    She did a talk show. She didn't cure the world or achieve world peace. Just sat around and talked. Made millions. Sure she gave 5% to charity SO WHAT.

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Boutdamntime

Thank God she's gone!

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Pancho Veeyaw

"Hello, I'm Oprah. This is the final Oprah show, so Oprah has invited her favorite person, the most important person in the world as Oprah's final guest. Please welcome, Oprah. Oprah wants to thank all the Oprah fans for watching Oprah. Without Oprah fans there is no Oprah, and Oprah says thanks. If you want to talk with Oprah you can contact Oprah via email at oprah@oprah.oprah (a charge of $3.99 per word will be charged). Oprah says go out and do great things, just like Oprah. This is not goodbye but bye bye Oprah. God bless Oprah, and you, the Oprah fans."

May 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob Dole

"Bob Dole just likes to hear Bob Dole say Bob Dole" – The Simpsons

May 25, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayin'

Could she possibly glorify herself anymore? Her next move will probably be the launching of the Oprah CHANNEL... all Oprah all the time. Commercials will likely advertise her self-featured magazine, books, and the Oprah channel itself.

May 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  156. ciadama

Best show in TV history. Oprah had a rare gift to connect with millions and I will miss her beautiful spirit. Love Oprah so much.

May 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Whatever

All the negative comments are mostly coming from people who have literally NOTHING to lose. Be Blessed O!! I love you!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  158. shanonigans

Why would people who dislike her even take the time to post, obviously you had to click on the link-Losers.

I'm sure you would trade places with her in a second.

May 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • clandestine

@ shanonigans – Yea, becuase I'd love to be an old fat ugly black lady....NOT. Sorry, some things MONEY CAN'T BUY! LOL

May 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • clandestine

@ Tom Penders – No don't mind black people at all. I just think Oprah is disgusting

May 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |

clandestine -

because you can't stand black people.

Racist.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne, Belleville, Canada

Why did you chose to ignore the female comment? Are you a Zionist?

May 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

You are embarrassing yourself, Canada.

May 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Kummin

You know how many times I've watched Oprah over the last 25 years? Zero. How many of her recommended books I"ve read? Zero. How much I care about 'what comes next'? Zero. She made her zillions. Good for her. But anyone that follows this stuff or gives a hoot about it needs to get a life.

May 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoMuchHate

And yet you came here and commented! For some one who does not care, that is a complement to her.

May 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |

Oprah owns you.

May 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • elreyjones

I never watched her either. I heard she was weird and dissed a lot of people. Those kinds of people give me chills. Chill out.

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Notarichboy

Top story on CNN's home page: Oprahs finale. Top story on FoxNews' home page The deadly twisters in Oklahoma! Come on CNN get your priorities straight!! As much as Oprah would like to think and maybe CNN as well Oprah's last show is not big, interesting news for most people!

May 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Linda

I never saw so many jealous and envious humans at once! hahahahahahahaha! Like it or not, Oprah has affected change in everyone's life. To those of you spouting hatred, get real. Envy is very green. Like your faces. The woman is not full of herself..she is full of life and learning and love and passion for the universe. You should be so enlightened as to see past your noses to something positive and joyful. Go sit in a corner quickly before you get run over.

May 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Nikky

I am one of the many who's been inspired by her shows and have gone deeper within to be the best I can be! I will miss her dearly. There are not many tv shows that inspire me like her show did! And yes, I have watched it for 25 years, I cannot say that about any other tv progaram out there!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • wilio

I agree. No other TV show was ever as good as Oprah. I love the woman.

May 25, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  163. SoMuchHate

For all the haters out there.. She may not be the favorite person of yours, but when you make yourself a billionaire, start and run your own Media Empire, Last a quarter of a century, can send 400 people to college and foot the entire bill personally, Call me. Till then God bless you Oprah and good luck in your next venture!

May 25, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Tonio

Thank you to you Oprah for the inspirations you have given to America for the last 25 years. NO ONE can replace you.

May 25, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  165. John

It's not goodbye, it'as GOOD RIDDANCE.

May 25, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Kevin

I love the scene in the Nutty Professor with Eddie Murphy where they are all sitting for dinner and the dad was hysterical; "Oprah wen't and lost all that weight, making her head look all big." The grandmom is great too, whe she argues with the dad and she is like "If you walk over here you will be limpin' back."

May 25, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  167. ThePhoenix

see you in heaven Oprah...oh wait, you don't know there is only one way to get there.... JESUS CHRIST

May 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  168. emperorobama

Ok CNN, enough of the Oprah crap, she was a has been long ago. Anyone with the intelligence of a grub worm doesn't give a fuzzy squirrels azz about Oprah.

May 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  169. JohnCBarclow

Oprah is a horrible model for young women. The false eyelashes, high-heel shoes, and obsession with her weight–she's a basket case.

May 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • GeminiGirl

Umm...I believe she was no longer on a diet, and was finally comfortable with her body. Oprah was an extraordinary women, there will never be anyone else of her high caliber, ever. And there is a reason why she was worth every penny she earned, coming from a poor environment. She dedicated her final show to her viewers & audience, and Oprah feels she was put on this earth to teach and to inspire others. And that she did for sure, and will sorely be missed by her MILLIONS of fans, so take that, you haters!

May 26, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  170. zaphod2010

That's too bad that she will still he around. I lost all respect I ever had for oprah when she had the quitter fro AK on her show. Two media ho's together in one place!

May 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Pogo Bob

There is now a black hole in the talk show industry that'll never be filled.

May 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

........and her name is Oprah, because who would WANT to fill that hole?

May 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |

Dude -

You are not Tom Penders. Do not steal my name.

Racist.

May 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Sonja Coryat

Enough of this self adoration. It's sickening. I mean, anyone who starts a magazine and puts herself on the cover every month has a very real problem.

May 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • TeeGirl

Well, it is HER magazine which she puts HER money into and highlights things which mean something to HER. Duh! No one is forced to buy it. Who should be put on the cover? Lady Gaga?

May 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • queenasabe

It's her magazine she can put whoever she wants on the cover
      Hate the game not the player, what did you want to be on the cover?

May 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Xavier Rodriguez

will miss you Oprah.... wish you can stay on the air for another 10 years

May 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  174. lisa

I've never seen a single, one, of your shows! Yet, I feel nothing but admration and respet for her lj44

May 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Okra

Ciao! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Joe

f...a...r...t

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  177. irnmtn25

Good, she's gone. Now, on to more pressing matters....like the economy, jobs, the slow destruction of America from within....things like that.

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

What does any of that have to do with Oprah?

I know you people aren't very smart, but stop broadcasting it to the world through your comments. Just don't speak or voice your opinion in public and you should be able to hide it for a while.

May 25, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • You Downfall

@irnmtn25: Those other pressing matters that you speak of are on the main News section of CNN. This is the entertainment section, buddy.

May 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  178. D

Wow...literally not one single intelligent, coherent, or logical reason why anyone of you hate Oprah. Enough said....

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Dbaby

Oprah is an extraordinary human being. I love her because she never gave up on people or herself. She is amazing. Oprah is blessed and highly favored. It is not good bye but what will she do next!

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Steve

It's amazing how someone would waste their time writing something negative. Maybe you should spend the time doing good in the world.

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  181. SayItAgain

Maybe instead of hating the messenger heed the lessons. Maybe then you wouldn't hate so much...

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  182. JohhnyB

"There was many a day I came to work tired, but I showed up because I knew that you were waiting" – oh, and the multi-billion dollars you made were what? Just a "perk"? Get over yourself. The only people that watch (and actually heed your advice, if any) are the lemmings, sheeple, and couch potato-sloths of the world. Nice following. Your audience, in my opinion, was simply waiting for you to give them something. Just like today's unemployed...

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dbaby

I feel sorry for you. The world is better place because she dared to live her dream. If you can't say anything good then just leave it alone. There is no need to be neg and just down right ugly.

May 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • OK

I agree with JONNYB

May 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohhnyB

Yeah Dbaby, I feel sorry for me too. Apparently, when the truth is mentioned in this country of ours, it is ALWAYS the person speaking it that gets the attack and not the truth itself. Shame on me.

May 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dbaby

Truth! Now that's a funny word. JohnnyB you would not know the truth if it slapped you in the face. Your comments are not truth but your opinion and thank GOD we all have one.

May 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

You have to love fools who can't distinguish truth from their opinion.

May 25, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Tom Penders

Just like you, eh moron? Let me tell you where you can shove your opinion. Right up the old wazoo. Enjoy!

May 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

Did you know Frank Zappa had a live album called Wazoo?

You probably didn't because you are racist.

May 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Tom Penders

I'll bet I know more about Frank Zappa then you do. You're one of these moronic fools that thinks he's funny or witty or both. Guess what? You're not.

May 25, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Color Blind

@ JohhnyB. Johhny, there are leaders and then there are people who can only follow the pack. Reading your post, I guess that you fall into the latter group. If you don't have what it takes to cut your own path through the fields of life. Maybe you shouldn't go kicking sand on anyone and everyone who has the courage to do so: Man, Woman, Black, White, what ever the case maybe. You can either bring out the good in someone or you can bring out the negative. Ask yourself what you think your doing?????

May 26, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  183. HeyZeus

I think Martha Stewart beats oprah in a cage match.

p.s. smoke sh!t instead, mon

May 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  184. joel

It was the most boring hour I ever had to sit through, thank god its over with !!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Me

You didn't have to sit through it. You could have changed the channel. Jealous much?

May 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  185. rainbow

Just an overweight big mouth woman with lots of money

May 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Downfalll

@TomPenders. Where in his comment is there a racial slurr? Her being black was never mentioned. I suggest you stop reading people's comments with your head that far up you a$$.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne, Belleville, Canada

Tom "Troll" Penders:

Why are you calling everyone a racist?

May 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Downfall

Here, please go to this and learn what the word 'racist' really means before you go around spouting off incoherent nonsense:

It'll make you look a lot less like a fool, my friend. Good day.

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |

Meh, not so much.

You tools who get worked up over anonymous comments are the fools.

Sorry about it.

May 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmeraldCity

Sounds like jealousy to me.

May 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • BioHzrd

@ Tom.... Takes one to know one.

May 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • TeeGirl

Rainbow, what are you? It's all well and good to make your comments in an anonymous forum like this, at least Oprah had the guts to make her comments and thoughts in a public forum and have the nerve to try and make a positive mark in this life. Unlike people like you who only serve to try to bring people down with your negative, idiotic comments. When you're gone what will people say about you. Or will anyone even care?

May 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Roz

I don't hate Oprah. I think she is there for people who don't really have a life and they fantasize her being a "real" friend.
    I wish her success but of course she does not need THAT wish. Good health to her.
    I might add in the last year I might have watched Oprah only once and that was yesterday and I will watch her finale and wish her G-dspeed!

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • XWngLady

"I think she is there for people who don't really have a life and they fantasize her being a "real" friend."...This is a very narrow and ignorant comment. You've admitted that you don't really watch her show, so on what basis are you making this claim? I never watched her show on a regular basis, but I do recall several shows that highlighted very important issues like child abuse, domestic abuse, HIV/AIDS, and Presidential candidates. One particularly moving show featured the "mermaid girl" a child who was born with a defect that caused her legs to be fused together and stunted her growth. That child was so full of joy, she taught me so much about loving life and making the best of it and about not complaining about my own life. She died at age 10. I would never have had the privlege of knowing about such an awesome human being were it not for Oprah. Something that may seem worthless to you may mean all the world to someone else.

May 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ

Um, seriously? I think that's taking it to the extreme.

May 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheri

@XWngLady – Yours is the first comment that hit home with me. I totally agree – Oprah was able to bring stories to the world and opened a lot of eyes for so many different topics. She has helped so many people over the last 25 years. She will be missed!

May 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • kate

You didn't have any friends in school right Roz?? yeah that's what I thought ... people that enjoy watching Oprah do not fantasize that she is there real friend. YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Kate, get back to working your kids for loot and fame. Also please learn the difference between their and there. I fantasize about a world where that can be a reality.

May 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Exploiting another"s misfortunes is nothing to be proud of. Oprah, Geraldo, & Springer all left me feeling slightly nauseated. Turning those poor people into spectacles for profit. In my opinion, Oprah simply put a superficial veneer on the old fashioned carney sideshow.

May 26, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  187. jack

Don't let the door hit ya in the ars

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Debbie

God Bless You Oprah....It has been a great 25 years!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  189. the girl next door

stop hating on oprah.... oooh!!!! its cause shes black!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Its actually because she's liberal

May 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • brando

yeah that's the reason so many people dislike her. because no black woman can be an egocentric, self-absorbed glory seeker with no talent, right? i guess no black person can be critized for anything ever because that would be racist, right? truth is she is a power hungry egoist and a hack of an interviewer. funny that the last guest on her show was-herself!!! ha! the whole show was about her.

May 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  190. smith

are we STILL saying goodbye?

May 25, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  191. ahunt

Love you Oprah......you will be missed!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • gexa

I'll miss her too. I LOVE Oprah!

May 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlos

Its funny...but I would really like to see the lives of the people who came here to hate on Oprah, rather than say something nice. I rarely watched her, but she was inspiring and inspired my Mom into her twilight years.

But those of you who read this, and wasted their time to negatively comment on it...how are your lives going? Are you happy with your lives? Happy enough to read this and insult her? A day well spent?

May 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Plus 1

@ Carlos... I'm sure the show did touch you and your family in a positive way; but the rest of us that didn't need mindless, self-promoting, daytime TV to inspire us to succeed have the right to poke a little fun!

May 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  192. banzai monkeymuffin

I'm just overwhelmed. First Bob Barker a few years back, now All My Children is cancelled, and now ths self absorbed Oprah thing is gone.
    What are all those pathetic daytime tv people going to do with their lives? Can they even get off the couch?

Really sad that a TV show can be so important to people.......

May 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimberly

Perhaps they'll be trolling on a cnn.com message board?

May 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

Or making fun of you tools who take these comments serious. You losers get too worked up over things an anonymous stranger says.

And the Oprah fans are the losers?

May 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kww

Tom, you're a moron. You throw the racist card out in comments that don't mention race in any way, shape or form. Go back into your troll race-baiting cave. Idiots like you ruin message boards even worse than the trolls do.

May 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

By the way, it's spelled maroon.

May 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • nanaX8

Tom – you really need to use your spell check – especially if you are going to criticize someone. Moron is spelled correctly – maroon is a color.

May 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmmmm......

They're going to play on the internet and respond to stories with sarcasm and disdain.

May 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • slkjdsdk

at Tom Penders – HAHAHAHHA i like u
      people can't take jokes

May 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

I think Tom Pender's alias is Racist. This is how he keeps signing his posts. I'm confused why he would sign all his post as Racist when his name is Tom. Could you please explain Mr. Tom Penders Racist?

Tolerant.

May 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

I'm just a colorblind fella living in a world full of racists.

May 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.E.

Tom Penders is hilarious!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Pete

I could see her selling O-grills like George Foreman and making a killing off of her legions of followers.

May 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Jimmy

Of course there is no way this is the end, she is too self-centered and egocentric to allow that to happen. Besides, her overall "brand" is based on power, no way she is ever going to voluntarily give that up.

May 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • evejs4b

And "who" gave her the "Power"? Oprah, just happends to be one of the most powerful and wealthiest people in the world.......and to be able to withstand 25 years of tabliods and harter blogs, haters in general! I applaud her, it's not real easy to "PLEASE, OR APPEAL TO MILLIONS OF FOLK EACH DAY!!!!!! And to be honest, we "in this blog", need a LIFE, cause Oprah has one.......

May 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  195. mary

Could she get ANY MORE FULL OF HERSELF?????
    Buh-BYE!!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

You are an idiot!!! Oprah has spent her entire life, GIVING and trying to help others better themselves. What have you done??? YEAH.... I DIDN'T THINK SO !

May 25, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  196. helen

OMG....Goodbye already, who gives a crap.

May 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dq

Apparently the millions and millions across the world that tune into her show. Its actually an easy thing to figure out if you think about it.

May 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • ScottyNBama

Helen – Apparently YOU DO....you took the time to read the article, click the respond button and share with all to see......seems to me that if you didn't really care – you would have never read the article in the first place! Just Saying!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • RussInDC

Agree with everything Scotty said. Helen, you're an idiot. If this were not newsworthy, it wouldn't be on the nightly news, ya loon.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • evejs

Who gives a crap? The millions that watched her show each day.

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don K

@ helen: clearly you gave a crap enough to read the story.... what a tool.

May 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Penders

Helen, do you know the father of your children?

Racist.

May 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma

I am glad she is leaving on her own and hope someone better cames along. Don't let the door hit you darling!...

May 25, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Couldn't agree more...

May 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama is my homeboy

Apparently you do since you took the time to read the article!

May 25, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • dilbert

MOST people do not give a crap. And to all the Oprah fans, here's a newsflash: You are not all special. You are not all beautiful. And you are not all worth as much as anyone else. Now get yourselves out of the double-wide, throw out the bon-bons, and get a job.

May 26, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  197. hih

sheeez ....good bye already

May 25, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Parkerman

May 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Maggie

Haterz be hatin'.... just sayin'

May 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Thank You Maggie for informing me that Haterz can be Hatin'. I wasn't aware that Haterz are capable of Hatin' Also, thanks for clarifying that's what you were saying. I was so confused by the first statement, I wasn't aware you were actually saying that. I thought maybe I hallucinated it? I love intelligent comments. Just Sayin.

May 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • TFullerman

Matt: I see you lost your street cred and replaced it with sarcasm. Bolster up ole' chap, you can still hate the game not the players.
      Maggie: agreed.

May 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Sweet, now I'm a racist against an unknown race of a lady on a comment board. Damn them unknowns! Jeez, have a sense of humor. And yes, I believe it's acceptable to reply to a dumb comment that is unrelated to the article with an equally dumb comment unrelated to the article. Does that make me a racist.

May 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Touche TFull. Or should I say Sho Nuff?

May 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

I know, right Matt? I mean, first she establishes the hypothetical group "Haterz." Then she ontologically proves the existence of said group by demonstrating the necessity of such a group for the act of "hatin'" to occur. And in one fell swoop she incorporates Descartes' epistemology with her own twist on it... She's sayin it, therefore it is! Genius. The greatest philosophical mind since Nietzsche.

May 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • agreed...

Totally agree with you, Matt...a little tired of seeing comments that make absolutely no sense on these boards...as for the racist part, don't worry...look below...it's how Tom Penders signs off after he addresses everyone here.

May 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • drb

Matt, get back to work!

May 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • TFullerman

Tim: Descartes' twisting episiotomy sounds awfully painful. Cheers on a swift recovery. :-p

May 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Plus 1

Matt... funniest comment I've read today. Everyone else... the fat lady has sung... literally.

May 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Sorry guys... I ran out of tampons today and I forgot to take my Midol. That's why I'm PMSing.

May 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  199. jason

some people need to turn off the television and get some real friends.

May 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kanadka

Some people need to turn off their computers and get some friends.

May 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Some people need to stop browsing CNN and get back to work.

May 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • dennis

The air space has at least been cleaned up some. May her cult following get off the airways along with her. haJd

May 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I wonder how big she will balloon to now?

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • youralljealous

For those of you who have taken time out of your not so busy lives, to post a negative comment: I feel very sad for all of you. Of all the bad in the world, Oprah has dedicated her life to doing good. What have you done? Who have you helped? Who's life have you changed? My guess....and it doesn't take a genious....nothing, nobody and nobody. Get a grip on life. As far as I am concerned, you are part of the problem and will never be the solution. Keep your comments to yourself.

May 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

No, please keep commenting. This is what "free speech" is all about. The good, bad and even the ugly. That my friend is how progress is made.

Trolls have your day, if your comments are at least interesting.

May 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Oprah has dedicated her life to promoting Oprah. Hell, she has a cable network that she named after herself. Who else has done that??

May 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harold Trainer, USAF RET

She is part of the feel good content Americans see constantly. This content is part of the opiate of the people making them kind of tune out of what is really happening to them in America. Watch Opera, feel good, tune out and bend over while the oligarchy and plutocracy of Demos and Repubs stick it to you. War, financial ripoffs, foreclusures, unemployment, education costs high, no investment in infrastructure, energy prices high etc. You go figure.

May 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • wldy

Who else has named a cable channel after themselves, umm let me see.....Ted Turner, what was once called Turner Network Television is now known as TNT, so no Oprah is not a special kind of egoist, she just did what has been done before.

Next time maybe check out your facts first.

May 25, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • g-man

They can turn the channel and watch "The View."

May 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

So over it – what a self important human being. Her need to be loved and admired is a psychosis – she needs some real therapy.

May 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*Haters4show

Can yall say first black female worth a billion you suckaz, now turn the channel on that lol..

May 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Irene

May 28, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  200. nord et libre

Hate? Someone you've probably never even met? Hmm, says a lot about your character, I suspect. Now, go and take your prozac.

May 25, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Tom Penders

Oh, brother. You people need help.

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Just Saying

She didn't "give" us anything. He was voted in by the American people. Much like all the white presidents we've had.

May 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  203. PoofDaddy

Agreed.

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  204. The Mad R@p3r

@tom,
    Come on now with the "you people", it doesn't have to degenerate to that level.

May 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  205. runmom

Hey Jerry – at least our current POTUS was ELECTED by a majority of the people, vs the last one who BOUGHT his way into the White House in '00 and fear-mongered his way back in during '04. Even if Oprah "gave" him to us, he's still WAAAAYYY better than Bushie. At least Obama has never used Americans' money to settle his own personal vendettas (that would be the one against Saddam Hussein, in case you can't figure it out on your own).

May 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Tom Penders

runmom-

I would say you are seeing black helicopters, but I'm not a racist.

Helicopters of some sort are indeed circling in your head though.

May 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  207. KC

Now how soon until Barry says goodbye? I hope his goodbye drama is shorter than Oprah's was. People tried to prove they were not racist so they voted for the community organizer who voted "preent" and attended the church who bashed America and white people. Now these same people should try to prove they are not idiots by voting for someone who is actually qualified to be President!

May 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  208. The Mad R@p3r

@kc,
    Yeah i'm voting for sarah barracuda in 2012, the rest of them just want to give my money to poor people when it should be going to israel

May 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  209. BioHzrd

I didn't realize Oprah alone decided the presidency. I thought we all sent our votes in and the electoral college picked him for us. Silly me.

May 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Brian DC

I agree 110% with the 18-wheeler comment.

May 25, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  211. PoofDaddy

Good riddance. I'm sick of her pretentious bull.

May 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Shane

@BC-Let's call you an idiot. Oprah also supported Bill Clinton, does that make her a white supremacist?! And by the way, if you don't want others to KNOW you're an idiot, try using spellcheck.

May 25, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  213. taylynn

People stop the madness! There is no need to be mean. If you had the chance just to have 1/4 of her fortune, you would be one happy camper. There is no need to HATE or be ENVIOUS.

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  214. runmom

Amen Shane – BC ... either learn to spell or learn to use spell check.

I'm sure Oprah has done a lot of good, but I never watched her.

May 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  215. NJ

Hey BC... Let's just correctly spell "spade."

May 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Bubba

Yay!! oprah's gone!!! I already blocked OWN from my directv receiver. good riddence!!!!! Go Away and get bigger eating bonbons!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Don K

To BC: It's "spade", not "spaid". Perhaps if you'd spent more of your time learning instead of spouting racist rants, you may have actually learned how to spell.

May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Jerry Senzee

Oprah is an American treasure. The lady is 100 % class and served as an example of what can be achieved in this world regardless of your beginnings. She transcended race , gender, age , and any other real and/or imagined handicaps. Oprah taught the world a great deal about enthusiasim, love , and compassion. Whatever she made financially wasn't enough, considering the good and the hope she instilled .

May 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Tom Penders

If you didn't see the show why are you ready for her to get off of TV? What do you care?

Racist.

May 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Wayne, Belleville, Canada

Tom, you seem to be using the race card far too much.

Oprah is just a disengenuous rip off artist. Black, White, Thin, or Fat, makes no difference.

May 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Tom Penders

Canada-

It's an American thing. You wouldn't understand.

Move along now you racist.

May 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  222. AJ

So, what, someone tied you up and made you watch 24/7 Oprah shows? Ever heard of that mysterious action called "changing the channel"?

May 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Oreo

that's okay, I have reverse Bejamin Button disease.....

May 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Too Funny

This is priceless. I'm still on the floor......

May 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Tom Penders

You can't steal my name. Everyone knows you are a Poser.

And a Racist.

May 25, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  226. You Idiot ...

Bubba, you were well named I'm sure! While you're sitting on your broken down couch burping Budwiser and making stupid comments on Cnn, here's a couple of facts for you – and I'll type real slow so you can understand. Oprah was born in a town in Mississippi that you can't even pronounce. She is a self made billionaire. She worked very hard to get what she has .... which is a God given talent for paying it forward. She is directly responsible for 66,000 children getting an education. She is directly responsible for 415 young men to graduate from college and go on to be doctors, military officers and heads of huge corporations ... who are going on to give back to the world what they have been given. Oprah is one of the most giving of her time, talent and treasures .... and will continue to do so. And you Mr. Bubba .... exactly what have you done with your life? You just keep on burping the Bud Bubba .... we'll keep on admiring Oprah for what she has become.

May 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  227. GeminiGirl

To Bubba:
    I'll bet you never ever saw a single Oprah show! Men that I know who have taken the time to watch more than one of her shows have come away with great respect for her and for what she tries to accomplish. Don't worry, you can always go back and watch her shows, I believe, on hulu.com and perhaps you'll learn something, and then perhaps you won't be such a...bubba... :-)

May 26, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  228. HeyZeus

What's wrong with Budweiser?

May 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  229. LikeBUTTON

"LIKE"

May 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Mo

AMEN!

May 26, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  231. TeeGirl

Hear, hear! Couldn't agree with you more. Who has used her celebrity so unselfishly as Oprah? She made millions and gave away even more. I am in awe of what she has achieved in her 25-years. I only hope she continues to thrive out of the public eye.

May 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  232. DIRTYboston

-racist

May 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Tom Penders

Indeed.

May 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  234. GeminiGirl

To KC:
    This is not a political thread, but you asked for it, so....Get used to the fact that the President will be president for another six years, due to your stooopid party (the Repubs) coming up with RyanCare...good grief!! What is the matter with them? At least 80% of the people don't want their Medicare/Social Security touched, so why are the Repubs so clueless? And then having potential candidates (Gingrich, Romney, etc., etc.) This has the got to be the craziest bunch of candidates ever. Of course, throw in Bachmann, another lunatic. Believe me, the Repubs will not win in 2012 and probably not for another ten years. Oh, and, I luv you, Oprah!!

May 26, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |