Who will it be 'Idol' fans?
May 24th, 2011

Who will it be 'Idol' fans?

First, let me start by saying I want Scotty and Lauren to go to prom together.

I just think they look adorable standing next to each other.

But back to what we came here for. They both turned in really strong performances tonight.It's going to be a really tight vote, I'm thinking. I went in believing that Scotty was absolutely going to take this, but blown vocal cord and all, Ms. Lauren brought it.

Who do you think will take it? Cast your vote as being a member of Team Lauren or Team Scotty.

And as David Cook sang, "Don't You Forget About Me" Wednesday night as I live blog the results show. Until then "Idol-"ators!

1. Faith

Wow...such hateful, mean, and down right brutal comments! I can not believe how so many can say such things about people the don't even know!! Personally I agree that some very very talented people left too soon, however, this was the best season the show ever had and not everyone can be the winner. During the auditions I picked Lauren to win. Throughout the weeks, there were so many different styles of music, I found several that I really liked, but still kept to my original choice from the beginning. I am team Lauren. But it really doesn't matter who 'wins'. They will both have amazing careers. And as far as all the 'country haters' go...I'm not a country fan, but I will give credit where credit is due. And at such young ages, 16 and 17 years old!!!!! Come on!! They are both great artists and will only get better. Lauren reminded me of Carrie Underwood during her audition, and I think she will be just as big of a star as Carrie is. All you haters....good grief!!! Grow up and learn some manners and show a little more intelligence and respect.

May 25, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. LK

Laura, youre an idiot. They both had the same shot. Lauren just did a better job. The end.

May 25, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tired of Idiots

Best singer "James"??? The cry baby James? Yes he did have a set of pipes but not the best. And his crying did not help him at all. If any of you think you are better why don't you leave your names so we can look for you at the next season's auditions? the majority of you make me sick! If you don' t like the show then don't watch. It won't make a bit of difference without you that I am sure! Losers! The best are in the finale. I voted for both all the way.

May 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Laura

All the way Scotty! You are a true gentleman, even though allowing Lauren to go before you might have swayed some voters. As if that were not enough, the judges' comments that Lauren won the night, the story of "throat" problems for Lauren, the doctor coming on stage, and finally the song that Lauren sang to her mother with an escort by Ryan to the audience truly made me "sick." I am 62 years old and even I can see that Steven Tyler is "lusting" rather than judging. Both of the kids are talented, but there is a much deeper side to Scotty.

May 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • wes

@Laura – Your comment is simply not credible. Lauren's throat problems HAD to be addressed because it was already news on all major media outlets. The entire season finale hinged on these 2 singers' being able to perform for crissakes. If one had no voice – you have a major network crisis on your hands. BOTH Lauren and Scotty sang to their mothers. Didn't you see BOTH of them crying. The camera was in close range of both mothers. BOTH Lauren and Scotty walked in the audience. Scotty, in the first song. And Lauren in the last song. What's wrong with your memory? The fact that the judges picked Lauren – well, that's their pick. They were asked, if you can't remember that as well.

May 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JG

Whoever wins this evening will be the wrong person being congratulated....the show ended when the best singer/performer was sent home "JAMES".

May 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. moon627

you can count me as one of the many who was B O R E D T O D E A T H ! ! ! ! ! ! !

What a horrible show ... And you know who the loser is ? A M E R I C A N I D O L

May 25, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jillmarie

I think Scotty will win. Both did great. I vote for actual judging next season though! I thought Pia and James would have been the final 2, I wouldn't have guessed these two!

May 25, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MC

I stopped watching because it's NOT about talent anymore. Lauren was picked from day one and she's not that good of a singer. I don't even know why Haley got to the final 3? Scotty? It's almost like it's planned to have a patriotic old country singers to win the idol. What a bunch of Fox crap!

May 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. GBT

Ultimately, AI is doing exactly what it set out to do…continue to get its ratings weather the fans are happy, angry, care, or don’t care. AI has become Teen Idol, because unless you are a 13 year old girl then it’s not likely going to be the one you would have chosen.

I chose Lauren from the start of the show to win it all, but that was before hearing Pia sing. If it weren’t a popularity contest for teens, then Pia was hands-down the best vocalist to come across the AI stage since Carrie Underwood. But once Pia was gone, I guess I gave that edge back to Lauren.

I believe AI should focus on producing a winner that will make the best future artist. In order to do that, they MUST make some changes. Here’s my short-list of changes needed:

• First, get some real judges that will provide real feedback. It’s pretty sad when Randy the softy is seen as the “hard” judge. Simon used to keep things in check by providing honest feedback. If they suck, tell them they sucked. Steven didn’t say one negative thing all season, though I do appreciate his witty slang. And poor Jennifer, she cannot say anything negative without looking down at her feet. It's like she keeps her slightly negative remarks written on her toes as a cheatsheet. Give honest feedback.
    • Next, the voting process needs to change. Move all voting to phones with no text and no email. Allow no more than 10 votes per phone line. Change what America is voting for. Allow them to vote for the bottom 2 or 3 and then make the judges select who is going home. I doubt the judges are going to pick anyone other than who is the best singer.
    • Next, get that Johnny V producer guy off the show. Not even sure what his name was. Ok, he worked with great artists in the past but no one cares about his opinion. Plus, I doubt his opinions sit well with the teenie-bopper voters. He reminds me of someone who should be on Happy Days.
    • Lastly, stop it with the theme weeks. Let the contestants sing whatever song they want to from the list of songs AI has the rights to use. Who wants to see a rocker sing country or vice-versa. Sure, great singers can sing anything…but does that mean we would want them to? Let the contestants perform their best possible song each week.

I would love it if they made these changes. If not, there is always the Voice and X-Factor to move on to. Not sure the teen votes will rule those shows like they do AI.

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BB

@Chris – you nailed it! I have GOT to remember that one!

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MichaelOne

Not true. I watch Fox and I was not rooting for the hillbillies.

May 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • BB

OK, michael must be part of the non-hillbilly Fox watchin' demographic. Heh.....noted.

May 25, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. pete

I thought Haley was obnoxious but after last night I see she was the only one in the last 3 who had personality. I'm changing my vote and I want Haley to win.

May 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chris

Honestly, who cares? The United Rednecks of American Fox viewers already voted off the best talent this year.

May 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MichaelOne

James was the best, hands down. But when you think about it, the rockers never make it to the finals.

May 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. MichaelOne

Richard: I agree. The only way a mediocre talent like that could survive this long is he had a dedicated following. Same story as the last two years.

Kris who???

May 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

MichaelOne, I agree, this is mediocrity at its finest, but I am repulsed by Lady Caca and her ilk.

May 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Richard

Scotty's going to take the prize, no question.

May 25, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Moore

I agree that I am disappointed in the finalists ... they were not my favorites. I feel they're both talented but James showed tons more talent and stage presence; he gave a "show" every week and I was so disappointed when he was voted off, though I now he'll have a great career. I think AI should be more about overall talent. A lot of these kids can sing but can they "perform". A matter of opinion I guess but I enjoyed James and Paul because I felt they put on more performances than just coming out and singing song choices. And I promise all of you who dissed Hailey, that little girl has got it!

As for the voting system, it should be limited to ONE vote only per person; however they figure out how to do that. Multiple voting is absolutely unfair because as someone else said, millions of teen girls are up all night voting for who they think it "cute", not particularly who actually has the talent to become a major star.

May 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. PRINCE VINCE

country music may is much better although not too popular compared to the ever rebellious metal/rock music that's used by SATAN to lure people especially teenagers to nothing but destruction in terms of unruly behavior and immorality!

May 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MichaelOne

What a travesty. They should have been gone long ago. They both suck.

May 25, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. amberly

If they ever do a Toy Story – Live version....Scotty's their Woody. He could easily double as the Mad Magazine guy – Alfred Neuman...easily.

May 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. hodel

Last night's show was a scam!! The producers first give us a sob story about Lauren having had bad throat problems, even bringing out a doctor (unfair to Scotty), thus letting people feel sorry for her. Next, they allow her to sing a sappy song about Moms with her mother sitting right there and the cameras taking shots at her to further give the vote her way. And finally, they allow her to go into the audience and hug her crying Mom!! What a rip-off this was for Scotty. She should not have been allowed to use those tricks. Also, it goes to show her true nature when she was offered the decision of when to perform and she took the final spot. Scotty is for-real, while Lauren is all fake.

May 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tammy

Really?! What about Casey's, James' and Karen's antics? Also, HOLLYPHUQQINGWOODWEEK, he wasn't his own person when the chubby kid was kicked out of his group, he constantly played that stupid low baritone schtick he had! PUHLEEZE, Lauren just outperformed him, that's all don't be jealous, it's unbecoming of you.

May 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah

I don't think Lauren is a fake, but it is too bad she was allowed to use those tricks to get sympathy. My opinion of here has suffered therefore. Yes, very unfair to Scotty and I hope his fans have spoken out by voting. Scotty is a sincere youn man and worthy of winning. I hope he does.

May 25, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tammy

For those who say that Lauren will win b/c of the song chosen for her, I say that if Phuqqtard was as good and is as good as you CLAIM him to be, he would have been able to take the song chosen for him and spun it into gold. However, since he didn't and couldn't, he's not as good as you CLAIM him to be. When Lauren wins, and I hate that she will b/c I'd like to see her have a say in her own career, she will win simply b/c of TALENT. She outperformed Scotty the Phuqqtard, and if he or is fans can't accept and admit that, then y'all truly are deaf and blind!

May 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. deb

That show last night was so tilted towards Lauren. They should be ashamed. First, the doctor, then the comments by the judges, and then the staged help from Ryan S. to go down the stairs. Please..
    I hope Scotty wins in spite of their efforts.

May 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

I hope he wins just so that he can prove that he's a one trick pony and will be another Taylor Hicks. After the tour, no one will remember him or want to buy his CD NOR admit they actually liked him and voted for him.

May 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah

to Ricky and others who abuse Scotty. Just you wait in a few years after he has more developed his style and presentation. He will be extremely popular and sought after. He is a quality young man. Have you noticed how respectfuly he is of everyone!

May 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. MrsGLP

It's funny how many people responded with "who care". Obviously, someone cared enough to watch and comment. I missed it because I had to go to my son's graduation, so I will tune in to see who wins. I was surprised when James go voted off but then he was pretty ungracious about it. I was kinda expecting Haley to take it but then she got voted off. That's the way it goes folks.

May 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Layla

It's a win, win situation no matter the winner. America loves them both.

May 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Team Scotty

I'm clearly team Scotty but I think Lauren will win. Scotty got stuck with the worst single ever. :(

Both will do well no matter who wins.

May 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Butch2u

Not a hugh country fan but Howdy Doody has my vote. Big disappoint in the final selection of singers.

May 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. CritiquellyAcclaimed

What's up with all of the haters out there? If you don't like it, don't watch it!! Lauren and Scotty are both amazingly talented, and I think that they've both got huge careers in front of them. Casey was by far my favorite and I went through mourning when he went home, but let's put that aside and focus on who IS still there. It was a big decision for me last night because Lauren's talent has really blossomed over the last 3-4 weeks and she's coming out of her shell more and more. Scotty has blown me a away a little more every week with what kind of range he actually has because I'll admit – although I have loved him since his audition, I too was afraid he'd be just a one trick pony. But after the show, I decided that I was team Scotty, and he got as many votes from me as I could dial in before sleep took over and I went to bed. But like I said – either way the results go tonight, they both have huge careers in front of them and I'd buy both their albums!

May 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Tammy

WHOA! Was that song that George Strait picked a song of his just to prove that he's still the man and some phuqqtard can't even hold a candle to him?! Lauren, although I'd LOVE for you to win and deserve to, I sure hope you don't. That way you aren't tied to a contract and you'll be able to do things the way you want them to. You outsang, and outperformed Scotty in every way, but I hope Scotty the PHUQQTARD wins and quickly fades away with his 15 mins. of fame! (sorry Scotty, you MIGHT have garned more support from me if it hadn't been for Hollywood week and if you could actually sing better than the artists who you were trying to emulate)

May 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Get A Grip

People.. be proud of our young America.. Who cares if their not that great they have time to grow!!!

May 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. glj

Keep in mind that the majority of the people voting on these contestants are teenagers and younger. So I am sure they are looking for a younger performer. Many are young girls, so the "cute" factor, not his voice, is what has gotten Scotty where he is. For a while there it was very lopsided girls vs boys, so i am amazed the girls made it as far as they did. I wish them both luck.

May 25, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  31. Cindy

I pick Scotty. Lauren sounds just like any other country gal singer (e.g. Carrie Underwood) – nothing unique about her.

May 25, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  32. alison

I stopped caring about American Idol a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago...

May 25, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  33. Rebecca

It should have been Haley, she is a far more versatile artist.

May 25, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah

Yes, it should have been Hayley, but the judges were biased against her for some reason, at least JLo and Randywere.
      Or maybe it should have been James. I was so impressed with how he has overcome his disabilities. Why wouldn't everyone vote for him just because of that?

May 25, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Deb

Who cares.....

May 25, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  35. Michael

Let's see....country artist number one or country artist number two. They are basically of equal talent. They sing the same genre. They both lack the same visual draw that other (better) contestants had, so nothing to go by there. The only real difference between them is their gender. The Idol winner of 2011 will be based on gender, not talent. That means of course, the young girls who repeatedly vote for Scotty because he is a cute boy and not because of his talent will determine the winner. It all depends on if Lauren's fans, who I presume vote for her talent, can overcome the little girls who vote for Scotty because he is cute.

May 25, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  36. Sassy

They are both cute—their voices are good, but Haley was the one I wanted to see win. She is amazing and I can't believe she got voted off. Lauren took it last night. Scotty just didn't belt-it-outa-the-ballpark last night. He could have uptempo'd his song. "Gone" was a good performance, 2 other songs were extremely boring. Lauren was consistently good overall. Can I vote for Haley...?

May 25, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  37. carrie g

I love them both , have from the beginning, and have voted for Scotty more than any others over the season, but feel Lauren will win, she was given the best song at the end , his was a big oh noooooo for me, and so I feel the AI show decided the winner! Also the song Alan Jackson picked for Scotty was too dull for him to shine. I like G Strait okay but always thought that song was awful even with Strait sing it / Scotty's only shining point was with Gone! Lauren had great songs, so feel it was decided to nudge the voting toward her. Regardless will both be winners.

May 25, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jen

First time in the show's history that I have deleted the finale from my DVR queue without watching. The best were voted off.

May 25, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  39. SUZY Q

LAUREN!!!!!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  40. Kerri

How boring. The show should be cancelled. Jennfier Lopez has the personility of a wet mop.

May 25, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  41. Spongebob

like any show on tv, you watch it if you want to, so if this type of music is not your style or if you find it boring, change channel. If you like it, then watch it...i say bravo to 16 yr olds who have the guts to do what they are doing in front of millions of watchers. it was the best season ever with real voices !

May 25, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  42. Tracey

I have watched American Idol since Season 1. I honestly have to say that I am extremely dissapointed with thiis year finale contestants. What I liked about some of the previous contestants was that they could literally sing the phone book. Not so this year. I don't feel either has a wide range of vocal talent. I also think the voting should change to being voted off. You vote for that person to go home.

May 25, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  43. Anonymus

Honestly, American Idol has died out. I don't find it very exciting anymore. All of the remarkable judges are done, so its not really a show of interest anymore. "The Voice", will eventually become more popular (not saying I am really a fan, but just stating truth). The whole Country vs. Country thing is pretty pathetic in the sense that there should be more than one type of musical genre displayed in the finale. All in all, neither of them will become famous due to their victory. The only winners from American Idol that became famous were Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Jordin Sparks. Most of the time its actually the runner-up, or someone who only makes to to about the top 4 or 5. So honestly, I don't care who wins. It will probably be Lauren, due to the fact that America is more likely to vote for a woman (just saying), plus Scotty looks a little bit like a 5th grader.

May 25, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. Andrew

I can't imagine there being a less exciting finale.

May 25, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  45. JP

My prediction is that James, Haley and Pia will all have bigger careers in music than either of the two in the finale. This is going to be another season like the one when Taylor Hicks won, when Chris Daughtry was voted of in 4th place. Whoever wins will win because they're cute, and can sing, but Lauren will disappear quickly, and Scotty will get one decent selling album, and no one will buy the second one. I really hope that what comes of this season is the band that James, Casey, Paul and Stefano came up with during the season. I'd buy that album. I wouldn't buy anything from Lauren or Scotty.

May 25, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ladychat

Take Paul out of that mix for the band to listen to and I agree. Paul's voice was unique, but doesn't blend with the others.

May 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mary

I think Lauren will win. Although I voted for Scotty. The problem is, the country music world doesn't need another Carrie Underwood, which is what Lauren is. But, America's sweetheart and all that. Not worried about it though. Nashville is waiting for Scotty, I'm sure he already has a recording contract in the waiting.

May 25, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  47. Roscoe Chait

I beg to differ with Laura in the post above. Her comments are about what the show SHOULD be, but unfortunately is not. AI is not about the best singer or best talent, it is about who is the most POPULAR person. I wish Laura's comments were true, as that's why I have watched the show for many years. But, unless the judging and voting change, I will not watch again. The teeny boppers have hijacked the show. I don't understand why voters are allowed 50 votes because only the kids will take the time to vote that many times. I read a comment recently from someone that said AI gets more votes than people running for President of the USA. Of course, we voters are only supposed to vote once. So why more on Idol? A few weeks ago, Steven Tyler made a mistake by referring to the 60 or 70 million watchers of AI instead of number of votes. The audience is probably about 2 million. Why am I not going to watch Idol again? Because I'm heartsick at watching amazingly talented people voted off early because the teeny boppers only want to vote for performers who are young, cute, with boy-next-door looks, and are sweet, humble, Christian, God-fearing, apple pie eating, polite, and listen to their mamas. Maybe that portrait is good for a Norman Rockwell painting of another time in American history. But the purpose of music is not only to please, but to shake you up and make you think. Not much thinking on AI.

May 25, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  48. Steve

I am something of a country fan, but Scotty bored me to death from day one. Lauren is OK and so was Haley, but go to the American Idol web site and listen to Pia again, any of her 4 performances they have saved are better than anything either of these two have ever done. Maybe she did not have a lot of stage presence, but her talent is undeniable

May 25, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  49. Laura

Wow, so many posts with the same sentiment.....Scotty is consisitent, but got a poor song choice, Lauren is sweet, has more stage presense but is inconsistent. Both are young, talented and they do represent America at it's finest. It doesn't matter if you like country music. People who are stuck on the music genre miss the whole idea. It's about showing individual talent to the best of your ability. Both of them have made it this far because they do that. Nough said.

May 25, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  50. Darren

OMG....first of all, GRAND OLE OPRY??? come on all you negative people. Thesae are two kids who entered a contest and were lucky enough to make it where they are. ALL THE FINALISATS ARE GREAT. ask yourself, would you go up there? Your country is being ripped apart by tornadoes , people are dying all over your great nation daily it seems..but sadly each and every one of you should stand up and be proud of the worst and the best. Don't rip them apart becuase they have a dream. They were picked to succeed! GOD BLESS AMERICA..and being from your Nieghbor...GO BRUINS

May 25, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • carrie g

Amen , both are talented , be happy for kids who have made it this far! And God speed to all the victims of the tornadoes and families, I am praying for you , and Roll Tide , Go Bama!

May 25, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  51. Betty

Why are the coronation songs always such duds? They do that every year. This year, no amount of bias by the judges or staged productions like the doctor being called out on stage, are gonna win this for their favorite. Scotty is still going to win tonight and maybe next season, Idol will fix this and get the crap right!

May 25, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • JP

They're duds because they're pop music trash that's written for them, and that they have absolutely no connection to. I think it's a blessing that Crystal Bowersox lost last year, because her "Farmer's Daughter" song was her's and not some crap written by Kara Dioguardi to appeal to the most amount of tweens.

May 25, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  52. TC

I find it quite amusing when people have negative remarks about country music and that there was way more sing talent in others that were sent home in previous weeks. This reminds me of my high schools days when people didn't get what they wanted so they went on attack mode.

I am far from a country fan, I am James Durbin fan, but it is what it is, and life goes on. I hope both Scotty and Lauren have very successful recording careers. I may just have to buy Lauren's third round song last night.

May 25, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  53. tina

I felt that all of the last few were talented, each in their own genre. Would liked to have seen James, Casey or Haley win (all three were not only talented, but selected songs that were challenging and didn't stick with "safe"), but I believe that mostly young teenage girls do the voting and that's why Scotty and Lauren are left. One thing that I don't like is the judges being asked to say "who won tonight?" The judges have already judged after each performance, and giving a final "this one won tonight" gives an unfair advantage–either to the proposed winner, or to the others. AI is the only "reality show" I watch and I do like it. (56 year old female)

May 25, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  54. Jean

The two of them just seem like such sweet, down to earth kids. Not full of themselves at all. They are both winners in my book.

May 25, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • ladychat

I agree. Could America have picked any better "Idols" than a pair of clean-cut wholesome teens that have been raised by parents to be modest, respectful to others, with no foul mouth? Others out there need to have Idol models this good, no matter the age. If its young voting that picks the winner, then at least they've listened and watched a season that wasn't rated R.....except for Steven a few times.

May 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Tweeti

Team Scotty....NOT A SINGLE DOUBT....AND BY A LANDSLIDE!

May 25, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Lauren had a better night and her single was much better. I thought it would be Scotty going in, but I think it will be close and she's the favorite right now.

May 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Betty

You are right. The tricks didnt work this time.

May 25, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  56. LK

Some of you guys are morons. Coming on here saying how Idol sucks, how you have boycotted it, you wont watch every again, youre not interested, blah blah....then what the hell are you doing posting here if you arent interested?!? Find something else to do. And some folks saying AI will be cancelled...please...just because YOU dont like country so YOU think it should be cancelled. Youre an idiot. AI will be around for a long time because most of the world watches it! I think they are both great kids and both deserve it, but I am pulling for Lauren.

May 25, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  57. suesark

I quit AI a couple of weeks ago after James joined Casey in getting the boot. Not interested in a Hoedown....they need their own show. And for those that think it's about time for country to win vs rock, maybe you should look at past winners and see which is coming out on top. I will not come back to AI (after never having missed a single episode in 10 years)until they change the format so that the judges have some input.

May 25, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • ladychat

One of the biggest stars to ever win AI is country singer, Carrie Underwood. It doesn't matter what the music genre is, it matters about the voice singing it. I was more disappointed in the songs "picked" for Scotty than in his performance. He had to play with the cards he was dealt. Does anyone else remember the AI season when the contestants were sent with staff members to shop for an outfit that matched their song choice? This season they relied more on their backdrop screen to make a statement. For some it worked, for some not so much. Lauren is a cutie, no doubt about that, but I got tired of the judges praising her "perfect tone" this season. Sorry to say that Steven was "looking" at her more than listening to her. Even Jennifer was more touched by her age than her talent I think. Both should go far, later, with careers in country music....old style or new cross-over country music. Have been a team Scotty fan from the start, but I was wishing for a finale with Scotty vs James. That way either would have been acceptable.

May 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Carl

If the votes are for who has the best chance of becoming a big star, there is only one answer, if it is about who pays more to win then its a different outcome.The girls is just another singer the guy has chances of going places.

May 25, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  59. Ryan

American Idol = stupid crap for stupid people

May 25, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

What do you call someone trolling through messages of a show they "don't watch"?

May 25, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • SOMEONE

if its stupid than why r u on the sight?

May 25, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Agreed. American Idol is lame. A perfect example of a show that should have died a long time ago.

May 25, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  60. Tammy

I like the both of them so either one would have been just fine with me. But, after last night's performance, I feel Lauren came out on top. Firstly, the sound sucked royally!! It seemed as though Scotty was trying to throw the contest with his lack-luster performances. He just wasn't himself, you know upbeat and camera personable.
    Lauren shone all three songs and as soppy as it was I loved the last song! They are both great talents and most likely already have contracts waiting on them. I really wished it had been James and Pia but life goes on.

May 25, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  61. Michael

Neither one of them would be here if Simon would have still been judging. If American Idol doesn't get cancelled this summer, then next year will be the final season. Ryan would be smart to leave after this season.

May 25, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

That brings up an interesting point. Who would have been in the finale you think if Simon was judging? My guess would have been Casey or James and Pia.

May 25, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  62. really

You people don't seriously believe that calling in votes matters do you? That hasn't been the case since the first few seasons. Now it's lets have people call in to keep the ratings up and we'll choose which winner gives us what we need (more drama, controversy, popularity, etc....) It's rigged. Scotty isn't diverse and is incapable of changing his voice. Only randy travis fans would buy a record of his. Although Lauren isn't much better, she has the chance to go to the studio and have her voice altered enough to sell a few cds. Although neither are great........past the american idol fans I hear a flop coming....

May 25, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  63. Greg

The finale needed a different type of artist (James, Casey or Pia) to contrast the country. It was too boring.

May 25, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  64. Trish

Country's not my fave genre – but Team Lauren. James was my choice for Idol (this from a 64 grandmother of 3!)

May 25, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  65. Meh

I found the show last night quite boring. Luckily I could fast forward. Both have pretty good voices and will probably do fine for country. I think Scotty's is very radio friendly. But I won't be buying their stuff since old style country is NOT my thing - a little more crossover style country might have appealed to a wider range of fans. My problem with these two all along is they have no artistry. They don't make a song unique or choose interesting songs that they make their own like many of the other, more creative contestents. I see these two as singers – but not necessarily as artists. That might come in time. But for now – meh. I want ARTISTS!

I concur with changing the voting system and having the judges actually offer constructive criticism instead of silly praise "Very, Very Nice", "Beautiful", and "In it to win it" does not help them grow as an artist!! And those two final songs were SOOOO sappy. Out of all the songs out there- THAT is what they give them? Sigh, so sad, this seemed like such a promising year!!

May 25, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  66. monique:)

One more thing, CRITISIZEING THESE YOUNG SINGERS IS A DISGRACE! lOOK AT IS THIS WAY, THEIR THERE AND YOUR NOT. THEY HAVE TALENT, U DONT. MAKE FAT JOKES, UR PROBABLY FAT URSELF. MAD MAGAZINE JOKES, U PROBABLY LOOK WORSE. COME ON NOW, R WE IN ELEMENTRY SCHOOL.

May 25, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert

The only disgrace is your pathetic use of the English language. Do you think that typing in all caps is going to cause you to be taken more seriously?

"R WE IN ELEMENTRY SCHOOL"

You tell me. But then again, I have seen elementary school children with a better understanding of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.

May 25, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  67. monique:)

I am not a country fan but damn, Scotty has such an amazing voice. i havent heard a voice like that in a long time. it makes my heart melt. lauren sounds like every other country woman singer, but she had a better song choice for her single. ive almost cried twice during this show, first when pia was voted off and then when james was voted off. i will almost cry again if scotty does not win. again, country is not my choice of music but would buy his cd because of his wonderful voice.

May 25, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  68. Vickie

Love them both but really want Scotty to win it. However won't be disappointed if he doesn't. They are both so good. I love when they sing together...just a thought.

May 25, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  69. Bored

To be honest for a final show that was rather boring. I did not think either candidate did their best last night and after the first couple of songs was on my computer half paying attention. It was just rather "eh"....

May 25, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  70. Kat 19

This actually was the finale I feared and I was not disappointed. It was so very...meh...

For the first time, I really don't care who wins, I think they are both nice kids, but lame country is so obvious here, no excitement whatsoever. I have to agree it was one of the better seasons, yet the end result is such a let down. I'll have to watch tonight simply because I invested all the time in the season, maybe I'll just DVR and fast forward to the end.

I'm not the fashion police, but instead of dressing Lauren like a has been country singer from eons ago, couldn't they get Scotty a new shirt? Or, how about at least a shirt instead of a ratty T-shirt when standing next to Ryan in a tuxedo? Lauren's only 16 years old, why do they want her to look 65? That polka outfit last night was even worse than the long in back, short in front disaster from a few weeks ago.

May 25, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  71. Xu Quan

THAT BABY HIPPOPOTAMUS IS IN IT TO WIN IT !

May 25, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  72. john rad

I've never missed a show since premier many years ago, but without Haley or James I will be passing on the final week. Not much excitement left unless you are into country. Not bashing, just personal taste. Good luck to both. They seem like nice kids, BUT........

May 25, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • bored

really?! Haley!? She was sub par at best. All she new was to growl and that was to cover her inability to hit notes clearly. I guess it is all opinion but from a musicality perspective I totally agree with you on James but anyone else was severly lacking super star quality.

May 25, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  73. U4icmusic

Scotty, from the cover of Mad magazine, is THE most boring contestant to EVER make it to the finals. He's always making goofy faces when he sings and he sounds like all the other country stars already on the radio. He's awful.

May 25, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Bored

Totally agree with you and his faces. I would have to shut my eyes and just listen to his voice as his goofy faces would be so distracting that it would take away from his voice!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  74. either or

This is the night that AI hs finally jumped the shark.
    Don't get me wrong, Scotty and Lauren are 2 nice kids that thanks to AI will probably never have to work in a convenience store to make ends meet. But while they are both talented, neither is ready for prime time, both are too young to be able to make a serious mark, kind of like a ballplayer getting rushed to the big show too soon. The stars of the future have been voted off weeks ago.
    But what galls me about last night was the way the show was so shamelessly in the tank for one performer, from the moment we heard about poor Lauren's "voice issues", to the resident MD being trotted out to verify it, to the Mom tribute song complete with the tearful hugging Mom moment, the only thing missing was video clips of Lauren visiting children's hospitals and homeless shelters to complete the cycle. Lackluster performances from both, topped off by contrived arm waving in front of the singers and fawning non-critiques by the judges, this show misses Simon Cowell more than ever.

May 25, 2011 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  75. Still Sleeping

Very boring.....the best part was the commercials! With that said, Go Scotty! Overall he is more entertaining than Lauren during the season.

May 25, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  76. Janelle

After watching Mr Rogers Neighborhood last night it made me truly realize the talent James Durbin and Pia had. Maybe there should be an 18 and over age limit of who can vote!!!! Otherwise next season we may be voting for Cookie Monster or Ernie?

May 25, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  77. wanda

Check yes or no..... Scotty from the first audition for me. I love country music.

May 25, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  78. robert montezo

god bless you both off you! and more power to you!i like scotty but? the champion is miss Lauren!

May 25, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  79. dm nash

new voting system should limit voting excessively by the obsessed. If you vote more than 10 times you should then be prompted to a cd/download pre-order system for that contestant and give a down payment with credit card (10 or less u don't have to order). This will help offset loses if America sticks the record label with another sales loser, keep the vote for the worst peeps in check and keep tweens from cute boy voting/texting for hours without mommies permission. If you vote the 10 votes following week u have to enter your pre-order confirmation to opt out. Should your artist not make it or get signed you'll be notified and have option to order other AI artist instead or AI season cd or such. This insures the company sales, gives better genre/ demographic & gauge of interest in the contestants – thereby, possibly influencing later contract signings for the non-winner.

May 25, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Bored

I say only vote should be allowed per phone number. That way you don't get the crazy teenages staying up for 2 hours voting and thusly swaying the vote of someone else that is more talented and deserving to move on in the show. The voting system is broken and an inaccurate way to distinguish who is truly the most liked overall. One person can out weigh hundreds if that one person votes numerous times versus the hundreds only voting one....Stupid and dumb

May 25, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  80. ksmc

TEAM SCOTTY!!! Love rock, and wished James did not get voted off....but loved Scotty from the beginning!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  81. EgadsLaurensGiantAss

What an amazing yawn-fest, not even going to bother watching, the show went off the rails this year. Scotty's unlikeable, and Lauren is painful to look at.

May 25, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Simple solution...don't look at her and don't like him. They have plenty of fans without you. Both will be taking their millions to the bank while you sit and cut down people on your tube!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
    • bored

oooohhhh cassie with the burn. Yeah you tell them cassie....nutter

May 25, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • EgadsLaurensGiantAss

Oooo, Cassie, sounds like you can really empathize with being unlikeable and having a gigantic ass, eh?

May 25, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  82. Bookenz

Who cares – boring, boring boring. I'm never eating apple pie again.

May 25, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  83. charlie crack

Ok....so my thinking haley was cute did nada! But like I said I dont watch it (my girlfriend does religiously). I like to hear what you all have to say when commenting. Whos it gona b yall????

May 25, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  84. Nancy

Team Scotty all the way! Go Scotty! Go! Team! Win!

May 25, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  85. Lori

How can anyone appreciate the American public's view on American Idol when they can't take the time to use proper grammar? It amazes me how they think they are "all that" yet can't spell. LOL, and then they wonder why their country is in such dire straits. (No offense to the group of the same name) Unfortunately, the judging system and more importantly the voting system no longer works for this "talent show". So looking forward to X Factor with Simon...the only real judge of talent AI ever had.

May 25, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  86. Roscoe Chait

For the first time in Idol history, it will be a tie. Too bad tonight's show was like an old fashioned revival meeting.

May 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • NC Mom

I agree Roscoe...This year it should be a tie. James was my favorite, and shouldn't have left. But Lauren and Scotty both seem to be down to earth, and very appreciative of where they are today in addition to the most important thing... Extremely talented.. Good luck to them both, they are already winners.

May 25, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  87. Tone

Is Scotty tone deaf??? He was as flat in his pitches as a pancake!! So out of tune, my dog was yelping and hitting the notes he wasn't. Lauren, on the other hand was in perfect pitch – despite her vocal problem. She should definately be the next idol, if nothing more than the fact she can hit notes...

May 25, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • JustSayin

Tone? Have you not watched the entire season? Scotty has been consistent every show. Are you really going to base an Idol pick on one song? If I could pick all the songs Lauren has missed notes, I would need both hands to count. Give them both credit for being so young and accomplishing so much but don't knock either of them for ONE performance. Just Sayin!

May 25, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  88. lana

Good Luck Lauren & Scotty, watching the both of you tonight together on stage, I say you make a cute couple.

May 25, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  89. MarkG

That whole show was BORING I couldn't stand watching it. I have watched every show for the last four seasons but tonight was terrible!! No I don't like country but I figured I had to watch it to see how hey each did, But I wished I had watched anything else!!! You know when they needed AI for a lead in for Glee even the Fox execs knew it was gonna suck!!

May 25, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • cassie

don't watch it then! They don't need you!

May 25, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
    • bored

yeah you tell them cassie they have enough nutter fans like you that will spend 2 hours voting after the show to more than make up any one that says American Idol is dumb. You are a true die hard fan cassie. I bet you even held a party last night and made a sign for your favorite you nutter

May 25, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  90. Syrina

I hope Lauren wins, I really like her voice! I really like Scotty too but he sounds like a lot of other singers. Lauren is original.

May 24, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  91. sandy

did anybody else think the whole bid about her voice then the song to her mom was manipulative? poor Scotty they totally manipulated this for Lauren

May 24, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • KayBrown

No more manipulative than Scotty choosing to sing the 9/11 song ("Where Were You When...") the week after Bin Laden was captured.

This was Scotty's race to lose...... and if his anemic and lackluster song choices and performances opened the door for Lauren, or if Country radio does not embrace him, he has only himself to hold to account.

May 25, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • dm nash

agree with you again KayBrown. Scotty's choice of that song, that week was totally calculated...and the weekly poses,hugs,hand slapping & winks at the camera have all been standard pandering for him all season

May 25, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Ellen

Are you kidding? The whole story about her losing her voice was out there in TMZ and every other media source for good reason. An entire season of a top rated show rested on her voice – that wasn't there earlier in the day. It had to be out there until they knew if she could go through with it. Manipulation? Bull!

And the thing about singing to their mothers – There were plenty of up close, in her face, shots of Scotty's mother crying when he was singing to her too. Did you forget those?

May 25, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  92. sylvia

tonights show was very interesting as well as good but i am for SCOTTY so come on scotty as far as lauren she was ok but i have to say SCOTTY all the way ...

May 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  93. moxiesister

Boring show. I kept flipping stations. James Durbin is my American Idol!

May 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Lee Richardson

Lauren will win!
    forward mail

May 24, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. HeyMikeee

Watched the season because Steven Tyler was part of the show... became hooked by the talent. Picked Scotty and Haley to be there in the end, and was 50% right! The season has been fun to watch, but the finale was not very good. Scotty's single was just not a good song for him, and he had no passion. Lauren kept an even keel, though the mam-hugging passion play stuff should not be allowed. Wanted Scotty, but figure will be Lauren based on the SONGS not the talent.

May 24, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Layla

I love Steven Tyler as well. Love his flirting and sense of humor. And he knows his music. Hope he's back next season. Hope they're all back next season.

May 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  96. chedar

These two are a joke. I end watching AI two to three weeks ago.

May 24, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  97. gus

Country music snooze-fest final. Painfully, painfully boring.

May 24, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. jamieg

I love both of them and there's nothing wrong with a Country finale; besides it was America that voted for all them. So, here we are at the end and not every season does your favorite make it to the end. It is what it is and I love both...Props to Lauren for overcoming her obstacle tonight! Good luck to both! I am team Lauren but if Scotty wins it's all good!!!

May 24, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Phillip Bunn

What a choice: a dullard and a nome.

May 24, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Cassie

Lauren....or Scotty. Both will make it big no matter what! James too!!!

May 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  101. KayBrown

Please stop equating criticism of Season 10 with hatred of the Country genre.

Great songs (did you see Kevin win America's Got Talent with his heartfelt Garth Brooks "If Tomorrow Never Comes"?) – but instead of great songs, the producers gave us moronic, cornpone, and unchallenging song selections. Scotty did better at creating a connection with his choice of "Amazed" than George Strait did with his self-centered choice of the infantile "Check Yes Or No."

Both Lauren and Scotty deserved better songs in order to make their finale respectable, instead of unremarkable.

May 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  102. stevie68a

Lauren has the most charming shy way about her. Like she can't believe she's there. She also has the best tone of all the
    singers there. Pia was overrated, a good lounge singer. James should have beat Scotty. Haley, a very talented person,
    was a bit all over the place, and has to focus on what she is (jazz? pop?). Team Lauren!

May 24, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  103. carolyn

dr bob you don;t know what your talking about there both great i will buy the cds in a heart beet as soon as it hits the shelf so there sorry just saying my peace

May 24, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Daryl

I liked Scotty and Lauren from the beginning. I think Haley would have been great too. She had a problem picking her style but she is very talented. It was a great season.

May 24, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Kevin

First off let me say that I do not like country music. It is just not my style. Now to get to my opinion. I think Lauren will win. I actually enjoyed her songs. If someone can get me to listen to a country song, they deserve my vote.

May 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • tracy

Agree. Lauren's voice is more versatile and has a wider draw. Besides that, her personality connects with the audience. Either way, if she wins or loses, she has a whole lot of potential with her career.

May 24, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Dr. Bob

If it was pure singing, it would be Lauren by a hair. If it were future star power (in country), it would be Scotty by a mile. Very badly produced finale. Very boring. Really badly done.

May 24, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • KayBrown

great comments! so true

May 24, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

I loved the contestants but I thought the finale was flat too...they could have done more. Maybe they will make up for it tonight. Hope so.

May 25, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  107. Barbara

Team Scotty!!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Nancy P

I'm glad it was a country finale. I agree that Lauren was given the better song. I would also like to see the judges be impartial. Whoever wins I'm fine with but I think Scotty with his deep voice and consistent performances deserves it. I also did not like the judging through the whole season. I got really sick of Steven Tyler and his frequently nonsensical utterances. I would have liked to see more constructive criticism and less of the positive at all costs even if the singer didn't deserve it. I miss Simon. Never thought I'd say that.

May 24, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • JP

I agree that Scotty's performances were consistent, and I think that was his problem, in my opinion. The same performance EVERY week. That's why I can't believe he made it into the top 5, let alone the finale. Everyone gets all excited because on this performance, he moved around, or sang an octave up from his low register, and that shows his "amazing" range. He's boring to me. Vocally, he's really talented, but I'd never buy his album. (And I swear, if I hear "Baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low..." again, I'm going to kick a puppy.) (Not really.)

May 25, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  109. Mitsurugi-w

Haley is gone, thankfully. Either of these two is fine by me. I think Lauren was stronger tonight.

May 24, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Tim

I predict the country singer will win.

May 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Trinaye

I've been trying to vote online since the show ended but the page won't open! I really wanted James Durbin to win, but since he was voted off a couple of weeks ago I'm going to go with Scotty for the win tomorrow night!

May 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • carolyn

you got it scotty is awwsome there both good but we love scotty so you go boy this grandmaw is rotten for you

May 24, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • carolyn

i feel like you both are winners and you are both are going along way but scotty is going to win but your both winners in our book so go you two tim and carolyn sumner we love you both

May 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • debbie

i loved the online voting – never had a problem with that. the problem is that i don't think the votes are even counted. i think the producers pick who they want. i cannot believe 95 million votes cast and these are the two we pick?? no way – america is smarter than that and has better taste. These two are cute teens and I don't wish them any ill will, but there is no way they are the best singers that this show has had all year – no way. I call foul on the entire voting system.

May 25, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Vicki

Just because you don't like country music doesn't mean thats the way that the rest of America feels. Mayb you are actually a part of the minority in America now. Have respect for other peoples choices and do not call those who like country music "dumb". It is all a preference of choice. Sorry its not who you wanted but you don't always get what you want and thats life!!

May 25, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jeanne

both are good, but they lack that spark we saw in James this year and people like Adam Lambert, and Daughtry etc...again, those guys were favored to win and the voting turned to the underdog..they really do need to fix the voting system to limit multiple voting by the most rabid fans.

May 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Davis Family

It has been Lauren since the first audition. We had 3 favorites. Pia, James, and Lauren. Any of the 3 would have been awesome! We love Lauren!!!

May 24, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Sad Finale

Well let me begin that this year was the best Idol ever and it just finished with the worst finale ever. Truly a hoe down event. I am a Scotty fan but was truly disappointed in the song choices this evening and in his lack lustre performance. I always liked Lauren but never as a front runner. Also the sappy Mother hugging stuff should just not be allowed in the final round. The finale should have been James and Pia. Big Mistake America – from a sad Canadian!

May 24, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • KayBrown

You've made good points, I agree with all of them.

May 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • lana

Canadian you couldn't have said it any better. It would have been really exciting to have Pia & James in the finale.

May 25, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • jross

Agree, except that I found Pia to be boring. The girl could sing much better than either of these two, but she had zip for performance/stage presence. However ANYBODY would have been better than these two. And hey, fellow Canadian, HOW BOUT THEM CANUCKS?!

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty

I agree best Idol season for talent and worst Idol finale. So boring. Even the judges and Ryan was having a hard time acting like it was exciting. I will watch tonight for the talent that is going to be on it should be a good show. It isn't that I don't like country. There are a lot of good upbeat country songs out there. But neither one of these young people had the talent of some that got voted off this year and a lot had to do with the judges comments and the show it self.

May 25, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • marci

I love Scotty and hope he wins now, but the only mistake bigger than Pia going home was James going home. I agree they should have been the final 2.

May 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. dude

I predict the show's rating for the finale hit an all time low! Boring!

May 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  116. WillM

Lauren has the stronger voice and wider range. Team Lauren!

May 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Jeanne

I'm afraid by favoring Lauren, the judges may be setting up for yet another upset by fans who favor the one less favored...we've seen that before...that the person who wins is NOT the person the judges praise most....I wish they would stay more objective in the end and let the audience choose, uninfluenced.

May 24, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • SB

You don't really think that this is an accident, do you? They have used the praise the one they don't want to win thing for years now. Scotty has been on top all season long, so tonight they were trying to make it seem like a contest. Too bad, because I thought Lauren was much better than Scotty tonight.

May 24, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

I felt the judges gave an unfair advantage to Lauren. They should not have picked their idol but left it up to the public, not to influence. We also feel they have wanted a female to win this year. I truly hope it will be fair – unlike "Dancing with the Stars" and some of the other reality shows where you know it's a production pick, not the public pick.

May 25, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  118. E-K

Team Scotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shane

This Scotty guy looks exactly like the character on Mad Magazine. Google it and laugh your @ss off!

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  119. OG

Lauren's voice is too ordinary, and I thought that her last song was soooo soppy. I mean come on, it is so obvious that Idol wants a female winner. For me, Scotty has been consistantly good and as a country music fan, I believe that no matter what happens tomorrow, he was have a fabulous career. Nonetheless, I have been since day one, and still am now, TEAM SCOTTY!

May 24, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JulieB

I Agree, OG. I hate when people think we are so fickle that we change our alliance on the strength of one song. I don't think it's decided that way. If you loved Scotty (like we do) then one song from Lauren isn't going to change anything.

May 25, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  120. Phil

Team Lauren ever since I saw her audition !!!!!
    But, I like Scotty too. They are both very talented.

May 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Viking

Wasn't anyone else watching Rocky II on AMC?

May 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Lynn

Team Scotty

May 24, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Moose

Team Scotty. Go! Scotty Go!

May 25, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
    • marcella

Team Scotty ALL THE WAY!! Lauren is cute but she is like a little girl who learned to sing by shutting herself in while listening to, and impersonating her faves. Nothing original at all! Nothing. Go Scotty!

May 25, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Jean

Go Lauren!! She doesn't have to imitate anyone. She's pure talent and destined to win!

May 24, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • debbie

what do you mean? all she does is imitate – not a single original note in her voice. just horrid

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  124. devon

Lauren by at least a country mile. Girlfriend has pipes of steel.

May 24, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • SqueakyVoice

When Lauren gets to Nashville she'll spend more time in the Vanderbilt voice clinic than a recording studio or performance stage. Her voice is shot and is gonna need some serious rehab time. Whether or not she'll recover is still a question mark.

May 25, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Shane

How old are you people here?! These are two talentless karaoke performers. Some country stars have already said they don't see anything special in these two. What a hack of a show.

May 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  125. eb

Boring, boring, Boring!!! Country vs Country, AI sucked.

May 24, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • SK

Fortunately for me, I will never have to buy either of their albums. Boring, outdated music. I can't see how this music represents mainstream America. I think a lot of the Bible belt has nothing to do but Vote repeatedly for Loren and Scotty, while the good artists were ignored. Boo.

May 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Come on People

Would you prefer all of them to be rockers? Rappers? Pop music? America is very diverse in music, and country is just as much a part of American music as any other genre. Stop hating....it's so annoying when people say "ugh country" especially when you see how well country has worked for Carrie Underwood.

May 24, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • kent sailer

Who the hell is Al? By the way sooooo glad Hailey didn't continue. OBNOXIOUS – obnoxious – obnoxious. & Casey?
      NOOOOO talent except for playing bass in a back up band in small club. So for once, genuine, nice, sincere,clean cut
      AND talented won.

May 24, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • jross

That may have been country, but it wasn't good country and there was zero stage presence. Big snoozefest.

May 25, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • debbie

I agree – when will AI decide that Americans like more than country music? So disappointed in the final 2 with all the good talent that we started with. Country is just too bland.

May 25, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Totally agreed. Felt like I was at the Grand Ole' Opry. The true musical genius was voted off too soon. Scotty and Lauren are pretty good as country stars, but if this is the direction Idol goes, I will quit watching. So sick of country, country, country.....

May 25, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • @SK

Not just the Bible Belt listens to country music. A lot of people all over the country listen to it. For example; my parents who lived in the Bronx, NY for over 35 years both like country music, and many people where I live in NY state, and it is not upstate listen to country music.

Stop going by dumb stereotypes and look around.

May 25, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • gm

I agree. Country music finale = epic failure.

May 25, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • PK

I NEVER could stand country music and never listened to it, but when I heard Scotty sing, I found it's HIS cointry music I LOVE! I can understand every word he says and he sings them with meaning. I will be the first in line for his first CD!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  126. George Guadiane

Scotty had a great set and a really good recording song, but Lauren will win with the hit single she caught.
    The song will have, in the end, decided the winner.

May 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • KayBrown

You think "I Love You This Big" is a really good recording song?

There are better children's nursery rhymes. I'm sad that Scotty is saddled with this clinker because it could make him the object of ridicule.

May 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • dm nash

@GeorgeG -While I agree the final song will most likely be the deciding factor....have to agree w/KayBrown too. As if Jimmy Iovine hadn't already picked some of the most dreadful songs of the season already, he apparently thinks the contestants are 2 (this big? cutchie coo. really?) or 10/12 year olds rather than 16/17 year olds. These songs don't hold a candle to what Taylor Swift has been charting with....They both had to make lemonade from the most juvenile trite lemons of songs (and worst of Nashville song mill – if that's where they're from)...if I must choose, Lauren makes better lemonade – she made it pink lemonade – which is sweeter.

May 25, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

The song will decide the winner, Lauren got the better last song, no fault of Scotty. I agree with the fashion also. Scotty will be sucessful no matter what.

May 25, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Never in the history of the show has one song made the difference between winning and losing. Keep that in mind.

May 25, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • mgc florida

Who cares, the two left are not the best singers or entertainers. Boring, boring boring!

May 25, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Sanibelle

Don't you thing the staff of Idol had anything to do with giving Lauren a good song and Scotty a clinker? This show is, and always has been, fixed and just look where most of the winners are showing up.....Lee DeWyse at the Stamford, CT concert series and Crystal Bowersox at a Ft. Myers, FL fund raiser for a community park. Now that Simon has left, there is so little critical direction to the show, the participants have become tired and boring. Even the finals did not hold anyone's attention. Instead I watched the DWTS recap of Monday's performances, which I had already seen.

May 25, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Shane

This Scotty guy looks like the character from Mad Magazine. Google it and tell me he doesn't look exactly like that. LOL!

May 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Peace

Team Lauren

May 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

NO ONE CARES

May 25, 2011 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
    • gee

It was the most boring finale ever. It was unexciting, uninteresting and unchallenging. The country music snooze-fest was an epic failure.

May 25, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • rpm20

as far as i am concerned the show ended when james got voted off.
      i am no longer watching and could care less, from what we had in the beginning we have ended with.......um.....country?
      wft just happened here.
      i dont care anymore.

May 25, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Ames

While I agree that it was a very boring, "do either of them want to win" type of night, I will say the only time I wasn't asking my TV: "are you even trying to be a star?!" and "What is wrong with your neck, and how heavy is your head?!" was during Laurens final performance. She had a bit of a moment, but it looked like she was holding back her lunch the entire night. All of the other 5 performances were just boring, and something you'd expect from top 24 week.

May 25, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Shane

When the outcome of a talent show is actually based on talent, one cares about the outcome. When a talent show's outcome is based mostly on the whims of prepubescent little girls, one doesn't give a rat's @ss what happens, nor should you because it's a meaningless win. The fly-over states may support them for a while, but you won't hear much about these two after the Idol tour is over. What a joke. They had real talent and they were voted off.

May 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOsh

Who will it be?? Who cares? This has to be the most boring ending to American "country" Idol. yeeehaaaaww blah.

May 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

This show has never been about talent. It's about what it's name is, "American Idol". And specifically viewer idol. Idol's are based on much more than singing. I'm always shocked that people are so shocked when a good singer gets voted off. Pia was voted off not because of her voice, but because viewers don't see themselves buying posters and CD of Pia. She's not their idol. Scotty is. Idol = crush...in many cases. So what you're really watching is a show about idols. And values, morals, good looks, age, and people who hold their mic like a burger dripping with ketchup hold just as much sway as a good voice.

May 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

Haley should have won

May 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • just a thought

There seems to be a lot of opinion of "how boring" or "how bad" from people who don't care!??! If it was bad or boring, you watched and will continue to watch or you wouldn't care to leave a blog....

May 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |