Mark Burnett to turn the Bible into a series
May 24th, 2011

Mark Burnett to turn the Bible into a series

Oh Lord, the Bible is being turned into a miniseries.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, reality TV producer Mark Burnett will be helming the series, which will be a "five-part, 10-hour scripted docu-drama with live-action and state-of-the-art CG" to air on the History Channel.

"This is probably the most important book in mankind, regardless of your beliefs or religious affiliation," History president and general manager Nancy Dubuc told THR. "This series will bring the historical stories of the Bible to life for a new generation."

The idea for the project came from Burnett and his wife, "Touched By An Angel" star Roma Downey, and will tell biblical stories from the old and new testaments.

Burnett is the man behind such successful reality show franchises as "Survivor" and "The Apprentice." The Bible series is set to air in 2013.

1. KingdomCome

Actually, I think it will be more entertaining to watch the Bible prophecies being played out in REAL time.... hahaha!

June 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pre

The Bible is real and Jesus lives!! haha!! yes He does!! and He loves you!! God bless :)

May 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

@Kagehi-MOSES WORSHIP THE HEBREW GOD....LET JUST TELL THE TRUTH.....THE TRUTH IS SIMPLE AND CLEAR!
    PEOPLE GODS NAME IS IN THE THE ORGINAL SCRIPTURES OVER 6,000 TIME, I WOULD NOT LIE TO YOU.....
    PLEASE JUST READ THE BIBLE.....DO RESEARCH....IN THE TIME WE LIVE IN. I THINK I WILL TRY TO LEARN
    MORE ABOUT THIS GOD....DO YOU KNOW THE GOD YHWH IS THE ONE WHO OPEN THE RED SEA....
    WHO PROTECTED NOAH AND HE WAS A GOD OF ACTION....WHY DID THEY REMOVED HIS NAME?
    OVER 6,000 TIMES....I DEAL WITH FACT. NO MORE LIES...

May 27, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. mr hand

Didnt they make a movie already? I thought it was Harry Potter or something like that. Oh well make believe is make believe:)

May 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lubiana

They can go ahead and make a miniseries- but they better get it right! Don't change things or it will become worthless

May 26, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. zeva

Oy vey......

May 26, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. mr hand

What are you people... on dope??

May 26, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. SKY

@derp – KNOWLEDGE IS FREE -NOW JUST NEED TO CORRECT YOUR THINKING 1+1=2
    FACT:THE HEBREW WORD CHUGH TRANSLATED "CIRCLE" ALSO CAN BE RENDERED SPHERE
    INTERESTING, ONLY A SPERICAL OBJECT APPEARS AS A CIRCLE FROM EVERY ANGLE..THE
    PROPHET ISAIAH RECORDED HIS STATEMENT TWO CENTURES BEFORE PYTHAGORAS
    FORMULATED HIS THEORY THE EARTH WAS (SPHERE) ISAIAH 40:22

May 26, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. MoeLarryAndJesus

Will there be elves?

May 26, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ruth A Farella

Great! I read the Bible Book every day. God Bless to the whole world. Pretty soon, Jesus Christ will come back to the Earth. Thanks and have a wonderful day. “Smile”

May 26, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Danny in Panama City

In my opinion the Bible has been the number one selling book of all time. We should open the book and actually read it. B-I-B-L-E.... Basic...Instructions...Before...Leaving....Earth. Gods plan is simple, what we all is a personal relationship with his son Jesus Christ. Wake up America and Watch and Pray.

May 26, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mojo886

Coming soon: "The Walk", a new reality series. Follow Witnesses door-to-door as they try to convert the lost and wayward. Person with least converts that week goes home and becomes a Jew. Hosted by Mel Gibson.

May 26, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. johnnyb

Everyone on this list needs to watch Life of Brian. That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehova!!!

May 26, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. scott

This is a clear violation of the seperation of Church and entertainment.

May 26, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  15. SKY

FACT; LISTEN "YHWH' IS IN THE ORGINAL WRITING OF THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES. THIS IS GOD'S NAME....
    I CAN NOT LIE TO PEOPLE, I HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH...THE HEBREW GOD THAT MOSES KNEW WAS
    REMOVED FROM THE BIBLE......IT IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES OVER 6,000 SEEMS TO ME THAT IF
    SOMETHING IN IN THE BIBLE THAT MANY TIMES GOD WANTED IT THERE.......NO MORE LIES
    I JUST WANT THE TRUTH TO BE TOLD...STOP THE LIES OK.....NO MORE LIES...NOT ON MY WATCH..W
    ANYAY, I THINK I WANT TO KNOW THE GOD OF MOSES....AND NOAH AND THE HEBREWS PROPHETS
    THAT YHWH GOD ALWAYS RESPONDED TO THE CALL OF HIS SERVANTS...ANYWAY WHO REMOVED
    IT?

May 26, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Kagehi

Fact – Yhwh (war god), before the Jews, was one of three brother gods, one of which was Baal (finance god), which is why the Jewish, and some non-distorted versions of the Bible, still mentions the "followers of Baal". The third brother (agricultural god), whose name escapes me at the moment, isn't even mentioned in the Christian version. So, you are not even worshiping the creator god (El, which later got mangled into Elohim, and then fused into the modern Yhwh (patricide maybe?), you are worshiping one of his sons. This BTW, came from a Jewish scholar I ran across, so I would think they know what they are talking about.

And, just to be clear, all caps, in this day and age, generally means, "moron", or "blowhard". Since it implies someone that either can't find/or use capslock, or thinks being as abnoxious as possible with his words will win him points. Sort of the equivalent of standing on the street corner, shouting his religion, to get noticed for it, which Jesus supposedly condemned. Not that you could tell from his self claimed follower's usual behavior.

May 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. bernard shrewsbury

To all of u ignorant idiots & morons who bash on christians, not 1 of u ignorant moronic idiots can possibly understand what the bible and the faith means to those who believe. ya'll got ur minds all set on the liberal side of the spectrum that ur all blind as bats. for me, if it wasnt for the bible & the brothers & sisters in christ who converted me, i would be in pison or dead by now. so instead of bad-mouthin' & bashing christians for not seeing the world the way u do, y dont all of u shut-up, listen & stay out of our business. oh yea, thats right, u liberal nut jobs dont know how to do that. God loves every1, even u morons

May 26, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. princapality

To: Really?: Good persistent manin your studies ... much love and peace.

May 26, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  18. Doug Soylent

I mean really. Look at this joker's hair. He's not interested in anything worthwhile.

May 26, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  19. Doug Soylent

Oh yeah, with The Apprentice and Survivor as former projects, I'm sure this program will be very subdued and accurate.

May 26, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  20. HOOAHSLACKERS

but most of the "history" in the bible can't be proved outside the damn bible. Seems weird to have it on the history channel.

May 26, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Stargazer

Just what we need. More Christian Fundamentalists shoving their so called biblical theories down our throats. This is a subject better left for the church and not on tv. Their always claiming their way is the only way and if you dont believe like them then your wrong. Noone knows anything for sure. Until we do then we shouldnt talk about things that are not solid facts.

May 25, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Enemy Below*(*Just like the Robert Mitchum movie).

In all fairness and honesty to the lovely ms.Downey and her hubby,your epic miniseries about the Bible really isn't any more different than all the varied and sundry versions for both the big and small screens since the early 1900's!!
      The Enemy Below,Undercover Agent for the Jehovah's Witness protection Program since 2009.

March 4, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer@Stargazer

Wow, Christophobic much?
      Why do you people so fear that which you do not understand?

March 4, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. country bean

@F. Castro, that's exactly what i'm talking about. Let it go. Give it to The Lord! He'll handle ALL your issues.

May 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  23. F. Castro

Seems like "Really" knows christianity REALLY well! Closet christian??? It's OK, I know your kind...

May 25, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. country bean

If we live our lives like Paul the Apostle, and share our faith like him, we would have more people praising The Lord Jesus Christ instead of mocking and bashing Him and our faith. Believers, DO NOT swoop as low as that one who mocks you. Pray for them, it's what Christ wants from us. Leave the the battle to The Lord.

May 25, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. samantha

a MAN wrote the bible...so how can you know if any part of it, or even the whole thing holds any truth to it at all? I have my own view...there is something up there, but I don't rely on a man written book.

May 25, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Joeshmoe

Fellow believers, 'do not give what is holy to the dogs nor cast your pearls before swine' .

May 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • King Bushwick the Toity Toid

Hey!!I love"Pearls Before Swine"!!One of my favorite strips involved pig going to a new seafood restaraunt to get a free atlas.
      After he got it,he replied"FREE ATLAS!!THANK COD ALMIGHTY MY FREE ATLAS!!".
      King Bushwick the Toity Toid,Emperor of The United States and Benevolent Protector of Canada and Mexico since 2007.

March 4, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  27. jimmyboy928

I am currently part of a "tour" called The Truth Project at my church Tonight I learned that the earliest known manuscript dates back to within 25 years of the events it describes. Oldest known manuscripts of Plato's (and others) works works date 1,500 years after they were first writen. Why is the Bible the one book that is constantly under attack. Believer or not, it IS the Word of a God who created you and EVERYTHING around you (including the universe) and loves you unconditionally. If Christ didn't die for all our sins, then our faith in Him means nothing. But He did. I am His. Eternity IS forever. Your choice as to where you want to spend it.

May 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. scott

Isn't this a clear violation of Church and Entertainment?

May 25, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. country bean

@ kevin: it's "covers" not cover.

May 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Tyler V

And Brian, I doubt with the majority of Americans (and humans in general) being Christian that "no one will watch it".

May 25, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Tyler V

Liz... no one's name is Jehovah... Jehovah is a later latinized version of God's name...

But besides, I always find it interesting when people baldly assert that the bible is "myth" or "fable" or any other list of names as if to assert it makes it so. In fact, in my experience they usually know very little about the subject and are just blindly agreeing with other bloggers and skeptics following other bloggers and skeptics, and on and on, simply because it confirms their disbelief. When pressed, they often know shockingly little substantive details. To twist the common cliche, it is basically, "The Bible says it, I dont believe it, that settles it."

May 25, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. athensguy

Jeebus will be voted off the island

May 25, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Brian

Waste of time and money. No one will watch it.

May 25, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Brian Gortner

To keep the miniseries factual it should be called " The Myths and Fables of the Bibull "

May 25, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. brad

The bible is a lot of untrue stuff. Will be a disaster

May 25, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  36. itsmeaz

Some of you need to realize that not all Christians are the same. We do not all believe what Harold Camping believes. It is unfortunate that some Christians do and say things that make us look intolerant and self-righteous. Do I want to win others to Christ? Yes. Am I going to behave like I am better than anybody and a know-it-all to do so? No. I am a sinner just like the rest of you. I work on my relationship with God daily. TV shows such as this one should be taken for what it is – a visual representation of God-breathed scripture. If you dont agree with what the Bible says, don't watch the mini-series. I do not believe it is necessary to attempt to insult believers.

May 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Enemy Below*(*Just like the Robert Mitchum movie)

Interesting.I tend to agree with you.

March 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. eat the children

satan isnt to blame for all the anger, jealousy, murder or greed in the world (well maybe greed)...no not even greed cuz god wants 10 percent of finances from everyone...just remember we were created in HIS likeness, HE is where we get all these negative emotions. satan did not create himself or me, so as far as i can tell satan has been nothing but good to me. i didnt ask to sell my soul..God gave it away

May 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. liz

You guys seem very confused. God's name is jehovah...look it up its not jesus.. How can two people be the same?? Jehovah's son is jesus. Doesnt that make sence?

May 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Nate from detroit

I think that's crazy no one can rewrite the bible that's just devilish and part of the new world order and the world not gonna end only if u let it god said he will neva destroy the earth again the people is the world so when u say the world is ending u talking about u god said obay his word and u will enturnal life because he is the word and the word is he so follow the word and u will be following him into for ever life amen.

May 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • dmjk

hhhmmmm no- GOD said he would not destroy the earth again BY FLOOD.

September 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Dewey Cox in L.A.

Who is gonna play the blonde blue eyed jesus? just wondering 8-/

May 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. the_dude

i love how upset gays get at the bible

May 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jessenovels

I'm happy with the DC & Bible crossover as long as the Joker asks Jesus as they whip him " Why so serious?"

May 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jessenovels

Hey, fiction come to life, I guess they want to out due the Avengers & The Dark Knight Rises. I wonder if we'll see a DC&Bible crossover, like Satan and the joker teamimg up with Lex Luthor.... dare I say it JLA movie plot!!!!!

May 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. dave nelson

Come on, folks. Don't get all mad. We all should know by now that a lot of movies are made from best selling fiction. Think about it. A lot of the symbols and religious dates of importance are ripped directly from pagan or other religions, not to mention stories in the book that strangely sound like ones from pre-christian religions. Flood of gilgamesh sound familiar? The bible is a compilation of generations of stories that were adapted to fit the wonts of those who wrote it. Look it up, sheep.

May 25, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dizzyd

I agree w/ 'truth' – there's a lot of twisted thinking that Jesus would have to untwist. I know some ppl have a hard time believing 'cuz of all the bad in the world. And no wonder they think believers are a bunch of nuts – what w/ the 'rapture fiasco' and the rabid lunatics from Westboro Baptist. Is it any wonder ppl have a hard time believing? Truth be told, sometimes believers question things (just read some of the Psalms). The important thing is to search for yourself and do right by each other. And Christians, don't get snippy.

May 25, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  46. korney petrenko

Yeah! Mark is my favorite! Call me maybe I can play Judas!

May 25, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. LA2011

it's not about biblical accuracy (whatever that means) it's about making money off of the brainless souls of america. Harold Camping has proven it's big business.

May 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jay

The moon is still a light. It reflects light. A natural example of how we reflect the light of Jesus. Were not the light, He was the light but when He shines on us, we reflect that light. God made it that we have lots of examples of His plan in nature. No one can understand the Bible without God allowing a person to. Pray for that and you will see.

May 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Damiano

Reading the entries above have made me re realize the Free will we have as humans. Not even the Angels in Heaven have that luxury.
    The cool thing about being human is we have an opinion, the sad thing about being human is we have an opinion.
    Which is probably based around life experience.
    Some people have dangerous Egos above.
    And when you add the Ego ingredient to an opinion, watch out, steer clear.
    Create a great Day & I wish u all the best in your life & after life.

May 25, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  50. Damiano

Great! I'm glad he has the courage to do what many in Hollywood & in the political arena shun from.

May 25, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  51. jay

Repent of idle words before they're accounted for. For every idle word will be accounted for. I will pray for forgiveness for all of you.

May 25, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  52. David Reyes

GOD loves us and ignorant unbelievers refuse to seek him out.

GOD doesn't care about your money or love life he wants your heart to be at one with his.

May 25, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  53. David Reyes

80% of Americans believe in the bible. This is good for America.

Bible prophesy coming true, all will know who Christ is before he returns again

May 25, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  54. truth

Prayers are not a request list. Prayer is simply a personal spiritual connection and not a public experience or display. The whole "lets all jump up and down together so we can all see how god-like we are" movement is so off-base its laughable. I don't trust any man with my spirituality....nor do I need an interpetor. Whatever you believe is fine by me. Arguing over religion is like arguing over art....it's subjective and therefore pointless....like trying to argue someone into liking lima beans.

May 25, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  55. truth

24000 children die every day due to a lack of clean water....Now really, saint or sinner, isn't that a more worthwhile challenge than your own arrogant need to be right?

May 25, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  56. truth

Jesus came to untwist the twisted thinking of the time. The old testament was a collection of stories created to explain existance over vast periods of time. The new testament has been written and twisted to fit the lives of those in power over the last 2000 years. take mathew 19-16 thru 19-28....the popular belief among the well to do christians is that the eye of a needle is a small gate....sorry...it IS an eye of a needle...just read the context. Ones personal relationship with God is all that matters. The rest is just window-dressing ....a manuscript of hope to keep the down-trodden happily under the tread of control. Jesus doesn't care about politics, football or even the mole on your butt....just your heart...from a good heart comes good things. Due to the vast amount of greed and gluttony I'd say a few good hearts are needed. lotsa oxy-morons above me...Christian Judges.

May 25, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Jesus doesn't care about politics, football or even the mole on your butt....just your heart...from a good heart comes good things."

So Jesus does not listen to prayers. Well, that explains why my mom died, and I never won the lottery.

May 25, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  57. rob

summary of comments on this article:
    -jokes about the maya and harold camping and then people not getting said jokes
    -militant atheists shoving their disbelief down the throats of others whilst complaining that other people are doing the same thing to them
    -people not understanding that, although the majority of the bible is about spiritual matters, there is, indeed, plenty of history, such as most of the book of kings.
    -people without a very firm grasp of the english language calling other people stupid
    -various other comments that made me both shake my head and double facepalm at the same time.

May 25, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  58. SKY

@Random comment-YOU SAID YOU NEVER HEARD OF A PARENT HOW D PUT THEIR CHILD IN HARMS WAY
    READ YOUR BIBLE, ALMIGHT GOD PUT HIS ONLY SON IN HARMS WAY BY ALLOWING HIM
    TO ME MURDER SO YOU CAN GET LIVE EVERLASTING.

May 25, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  59. hobbes

I love that everyone is mentioning accuracy.

May 25, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  60. random comment

i tried to post more of my thoughts..but CNN must have deemed them to rational.. there was no cussing ,death threats or talking about my penis..but yet somehow all these blogs have some moron typing random unfinished thoughts that dont have anything to do with anything that was posted

May 25, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  61. johnnyb

Say what you will but I'll bet no one declares jihaaaaad on burnett like the mooslims would if he did a doc on the pedophile mohammed.

May 25, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sam Won

Knowing Hollywood, here is the cast: Jesus-ArnoldSwachenagger, Mary-ParisHilton, Joseph-ChazBono, God-OprahWinfrey

May 25, 2011 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  63. random comment

Religion is a form of slavery, and the sheep that follow just empower the people who are in charge to be our intellectuall slaveholders

May 25, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  64. freaks

What the hell are you nutbars talking about?? You are going back and forth with a bunch of jibberish. Fricken clowns poppin off when all u need to be concerned about iz da golden rule. Theology vs biology. What was the bible for those born before 1 BC? What did they have to believe in. Gimme a time machine and I will bring back a caveman and you can preach relgion to a cro-magnon man with a big ol club. Eventually he will get sick of your schitck and beat you over the head. See ya!!

May 25, 2011 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Gimme a time machine and I will bring back a caveman and you can preach relgion to a cro-magnon man with a big ol club. Eventually he will get sick of your schitck and beat you over the head. See ya!!"

Ding! We have a winner!

May 25, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  65. another random comment

because he is the father and we are his children? i never met a parent who deliberately puts their child in danger, especially when you know its going to happen...you should be doing everything in your power to prevent it (like removing the tree) or destroying satan (rather than letting him harvest millions of souls)..if god would have done that there would be no Hittler, no boubonic plauge, no 9/11..it is no wonder man learned how to build WMDs before he learned peace after all we learned from OUR FATHER

May 25, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  66. Ma'an Fuh Que

How can it be considered a history book with no dates...and are they going to show how 2 polar bears and 2 penguins and 2 sea lions traveled together from antarctica thru the desert to get on a boat and go for a cruise for 40 days and then go back home...and will they show how the silver back gorillas, lions, tigers,baboons, snakes, and hippopotamus all played nice with the sheep, goats, cows, antelopes, and chickens for the sake of humanity...and who's job was it to clean up the feces...8 people couldn't run a national zoo, so what makes everybody think this story is true???

May 25, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  67. random comment

Because he is our father and we are his children?...ive never met a parent who puts their child in danger, especially when you know its gonna happen...you shud be doing everything in your power to protect your children (like removing the tree) or destroying satan (rather than allowing him to harvest souls)..so i will make an actuall sacrifice..i will gladly go to hell so god will allow every soul into heaven..you will no have to worship, or thank me..i will not let you down.. i assure you i am going to hell

May 25, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
    • dmjk

Yea, see how u forgot about free will? God will not force you to love or follow him, its for u to choose. Thats why the tree was there and why Satan is allowed to still lingre.

September 15, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Roxy

I be called foxy roxy and just cuz I am a lezbo, it doesn't mean I aint down with Jesus. All gays be cool with da kingdom of the lord as long as you repent for chowin da box or schlobin da knob!! Its all good. I be lookin for some butch dy-kos by the way!! Let's party down and pray!!

May 25, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  69. random comment

Why?...because he is the father and we are his children...that is like me leaving my daughter by a pool with a toaster dropped in it...just bad parenting all around....even though i am not jesus i will make an actual sacrifice....i am willing go to hell so long as god allows all to enter the kindom of heaven, (the just and unjust alike) not one person excluded from eternal happiness.. and you will not have to say what a good man i was or worship me..and i will not let you down..i assure you im going to hell

May 25, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  70. BBgirl

I be of faith and although I like to take a monster meat stick in my pooper, all I need is my love of the lord. All ye of little faith be warned....you will pay the ultimate price for bein a heathen. Any jig-aboos wanna hook up?

May 25, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
    • dmjk

BLasphemy is the only SIn GOD is not willing to forgive. Have fun with those gasoline panties in hell.

September 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  71. WhetherVain

For the Bible Thumpers: have you not read and understood that Jesus' kingdom is not of this world? Did He not give assurance that you would be mocked and perhaps even suffer as He did for His name's sake? James write that his brethren should consider such trials as joy, knowing that tests of their faith produced endurance, and thereby, perfection and completeness. He went on to write, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, Who gives liberally and without reproach." All I read from most of you is reproach and very little wisdom. Why should anyone take seriously what you do not? Only those whose barns are full can offer to feed the masses. One blogger (what??) wrote that a Christian speaks the truth in love. Kudos! What do you have if you have not love? Another blogger cites reasons for belief in the Bible's historical reliability. These are strong arguments, but they take away from the object. Jesus has never been bent on proof. Nor has any good king. Jesus requires belief from the heart and confession from the mouth. He never offered to prove anything except by pointing to the obvious. Satan tempted Him to prove that He was the Son of God by performing a certain miracle. Even this minor vanity was abhorrent to Him. Instead, He offered wisdom in parables and instructed, "They who have ears to hear, let them hear." Finally to you, dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ; do not let your hearts be troubled. Neither be afraid, for He is with you. May the Holy Spirit of God guard your hearts and minds. Be assured. God will not suffer mockery for long. What is a single life of ninety years compared to His eternal perspective. Such battles are not ours to fight. Vengeance belongs to our God. Let us love the sinner while we can.

May 25, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
    • dmjk

Well said- PRAISE GOD.
      EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.

September 15, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. random comment

to have religous faith is to make a virtue out of not thinking...i was going to chuch activities 6 days a week, for 2 years. and no matter how hard i tried i never felt god in any of it.... If god so loved the world why would he give power to the person who could tear it apart..or give women periods just because they ate an apple, how would you expect 2 newly created humans to understand what death is since seein how they didnt know they were naked and then became ashamed...

May 25, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
    • 1believer

Hello "Random Comment"; your post broke my heart! Please don't let a bad religious experience taint your love for God. God is perfect; people aren't. And often despite the best intentions, we "church folk" can turn what should be spiritual and edifying into something religious and damaging. So I am praying that you stay faithful to God and eventually find the church that is right for you. Written with love and hope.

May 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  73. deanne

in scripture many people believed that the time has passed for the Christ to come so the mocked, chastised the believers and even went as far as killing them but after the time they thought he should come he did.then the wicked were in fear for they were wrong. the evil will pay in the end.eighther in the life or the after death. it doesnt matter if u believe these word, for only the Godly xan see it truth.

May 25, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  74. WhetherVain

So I've read them all. How nice. I counted perhaps a dozen comments regarding the actual program; and with a few exceptions, the rest resembled a metaphorical assisted living home for the mentally infirm. Many found the limits of their vocabularies long before having plumbed the depths of their foolishness.
    For the sceptics of the Bible: how oft you tout this collection of "facts," laughing at the "fools" who have no more than some feeble measure of faith. I'm sure you base your "facts" on studies you performed in a lab or in the field. I doubt you would ever believe the voiceless stories of textbooks, which week become obsolete before you can finish a semester. Ever wonder why you can't return a textbook from more than two our thee years ago? Hmm...12th Edition, you say? What was wrong with the first edition? The fact-makers need to get their facts straight....

May 25, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jbooe

Publishers like to make $$$. I had to buy multiple editions of a calculus textbook. A few changed page numbers and double the profit for the publisher. It's a scam, nothing to do with out of date science.

May 25, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  75. Geoff Pratt

People please actually read a bible ahead of this show as 2013 isn't happening.... I recommend the NLT or Amplified.

May 25, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  76. Roxy

Forget the mini seris!Like I said, if one believes, there is no worry..and if one does not, I guess in your world you also have no worries! Why do those who don't believe get so fussy with those that do? Just go on as you are..Your Fine! Lol Ya know what is even funnier, even Satan knows G-d exists! Guess atheists have it on all of us believers ( Jew and gentile alike)..even the devil himself! What clever little boys and girls you all are!LoL..LOL..LOL. and such quick witted humor too! I haven't seen one liners like this at the improv! What entertaining folk! LOL..LOL..BUT..What if He is Real? LOL..LOL..I know we will still be smiling, can you say the same thing with that much assurance? BTW..Jesus is a Jew! His real hebrew name is Yeshua!

May 25, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  77. BBgirl

You have your fun now all of you backbiting,lying,hateful,evil,fornicating low lifes won't be laughing then,the christians may not know the eXact
    date but it's going to be sooner than everyone thinks.

May 25, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  78. SKY

I love all CAPS and in my rap which iz pretty much crap be hittin the fap...what a sap! I love da lezbos and dey make me crazy...let's get down and don't be lazy. I mow yo box and pump yo chute...when we done I give u da boot!!! Yeah baby!! SKY...out!!

May 25, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  79. Roxy

May 25, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

God is all loving so we'll be fine. All the rapture stuff isn't even in the bible, its based on some girls vision in the 1800s, picked up by a preacher, and now used by some modern christians to work their flock into a fervor.

May 25, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  80. SKY

I be bible thumpin and da gays be pumpin their buddies in da rumpin...well, they iz chumpin! Let's hit da booze and get down and get bizzy. We luv it missionary but not da doggie. That be sacrilige.

May 25, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  81. Beautiful Vixen

Oops meant as WE FLY INTO the sky. See..its late and I did a typo myself.

May 25, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  82. Beautiful Vixen

@Cajun..it's late i'm sure the person isn't worried about spelling errors as you are high on crack. On another note, we will wave to you as you fly up into the sky while you my friend fall into the pit of hell..just saying :)

May 25, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Uhhmmm, you missed it. It was Saturday at 6:00PM. You got left behind. I hope you enjoy hell along wit the rest of us.

May 25, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  83. SKY

I FORGOT TO ADD FOR YOU SMART PEOPLE....THE HOLY BIBLE EVEN SAID THE
    EARTH HANGS ON NOTHING...(Job 26:7) OUR ASTRONAUTS HAVE CONFIRM THIS FACT....
    (Deuteronomy 23:12,13) DESPOSAL OF HUMAN EXCREMENT OUTSIDE THE CAMP. THIS
    PROTECTED PEOPLE FROM SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS, SUCH AS FLY-BORNE SALMONELLOSIS
    SHIGELLOSIS, TYPHOID AND A HOST OF DYSENTERIES THAT CLAIMS THOUSANDS OF LIVES TODAY.
    TOUCHING A BODY IN DEAD STATE
    IS PHYSICAL UNCLEAN....(Lev.15:4-12, 20-24) (Numbers 19:22) -MEDICAL SCIENCE REVOLUTIONLIZED
    IN THE 19TH CENTURY...SIMPLE EXPEDIENT PHYSICANS TO CLEAN THEIR HANDS PREDATED GERM
    THEORY OF DISEASE...THE BIBLE IS INSPIRED OF GOD..IT IS MEDICALLY ACCURATE.

May 25, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  84. BBGirl

Some of you are laughing now, but it won't be so funny when my savior comes back.

May 25, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

The amount of christians who are going to be down here headshotting zombies with the rest of us, because they've got vengeance in their hearts instead of love, is going to be hilarious.

May 25, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Weren't you Talibangelicals paying attention?

Ha came back Saturday at 6:00PM. He didn't do sh it. He looked around and left.

May 25, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  85. Bstone

If I wanted to watch God I'd put on ESPN and watch clips of Michael Jordan

May 25, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  86. FtnIrish

Finally...a reason to NOT watch tv. Or check on-line news for that matter. I mean...the CRAZY CAPS BIBLE QUOTING person ALONE!! Jesus!! (Blasphemy intended!!)

May 25, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  87. Bob

Spoiler alert

Good guy dies in the end

May 25, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  88. living word

Touched by an Angel was an excellent show that had a simple message. "God loves you". Filled with simple truths it was a well written show. I have no doubt that this Bible series will be well worth the watch. Looking forward to it!

May 25, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  89. SKY

IMPORTANT THE BIBLE FROM GOD....IN ANCIENT TIMES GENERAL OPINION, THE EARTH IS FLAT.
    200 YEARS AFTER BIBLE, THE PHILOSOPHERS OF GREEK SAID THE EARTH AS SPHERICAL.
    BIBLE NOT A MANS BOOK BUT "INSPIRED BY GOD, -(2Timonyhy 3:16-17)
    GOD NOT CAUSE OF BAD THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO US -JESUS CALM THE OCEAN, THE DEVIL CAUSES STORMS
    REMEMBER JOB, AND THE STORMS,(Job 1:19)
    BIBLE IS A BOOK OF HISTORY-ISAIAH 2OO YEARS IN ADVANCE SAID BABYLON TO BE DESTROYED
    HE EVEN NAMED THE MAN TO TAKE LEAD IN ITS DESTRUCTION-(Isaiah 13:19, 14:20-23, 44:27-45:2)
    THIS "SOUL BUSINESS, IS THE ONE, THE GREAT LIE.....HOLY BIBLE SAYS ANIMALS ARE SOULS
    (Genesis 9:10, Numbers 31:28, Leviticus 11:46, Genesis 1:20,24) -SOUL NE'PHES OR GREEK PSY-KHE'
    OCCUR SOME 700-800 TIMES CONSISTENTLY RENDERS THEM SOUL....EITHER THE SOUL IS INSIDE A
    PERSON OR THE PERSON OR ANIMAL IS A SOUL......ONE OR THE OTHER.....
    AND YOU CAN DO GOOD TO YOUR FAMILY, AND OTHERS, GIVE TO THE POOR AND BUILT SCHOOLS
    GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THOSE IN NEED...BUT THIS IS SOMETHING BY NATURE ALL SHOULD DO....
    JESUS SAID 'NOT EVERYONE THAT SAITH UNTO ME, LORD, LORD SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM
    OF HEAVEN BUT HE THAT DOES______________(Matt.7:23)
    SO GOD IS REAL, NOT SLEEP...PRAY, TELL HIM YOU NEED TO FIND HIM, HE SHALL REVEAL HIMSELF
    TO YOU, JUST GET A QUESTION IN YOUR MIND PRAY ABOUT IT AND HE SHALL SEND SOMEONE TO YOU.

May 25, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"IN ANCIENT TIMES GENERAL OPINION, THE EARTH IS FLAT.
      200 YEARS AFTER BIBLE, THE PHILOSOPHERS OF GREEK SAID THE EARTH AS SPHERICAL.
      BUT HOLY BOOK RECORDED "IT IS HE THAT SITTETH UPON THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH" -(Isaiah 40:22)"

Uhmm, for your information dumbazz, a circle is flat. The bible had it wrong, the Greeks had it right when they called the earth a sphere.

Let me explain this in dumb enough terms for you to understand. A pizza is a circle. A basketball is a sphere. The earth is the same shape as a basketball, only a whole lot bigger. A pizza is flat, the earth isn't.

May 25, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  90. Tom Pollack

My novel Wayward Son features an immortal human torn from the pages of the Bible cursed by God to a life of wandering. Getty Museum archaeologist Amanda James finds him in a 1st century Roman ruin.

Intrigued?? Go to Waywardsonnovel.com to buy the special introductory $2.99 ebook available on Kindle, nook or iBook!

May 25, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  91. umyeah

And what does "Jewish" look like?
    Bigot.

May 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • KNOWLEDGEmessiah

He probably meant Israely and not Jewish. Or he's just an idiot and doesn't realize that 'Jewish' isn't an ethnicity. Lmfao

May 25, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"He probably meant Israely and not Jewish."

Wow, dumb squared. You can't look Isreali any more than you can look Canadian. It is a friggin country, not a race.

He probably looked Arab.

May 25, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  92. joe cicchino

comments are funny. i am a liberal and a NON fundamentalist christian.
    the bible is cool. people are forgetting that it is written from a perspective. neither god or jesus wrote it. we also have to put it in perspective of the culture and time it is written. i dont get it why bible thumpers get all upset when people knock their so called faith. the rules of man is how religon is made. i dont belive in religons doctrines. evolution happened, there are alot of things science can explain and the bible cant. god gave us the ability to choose for ourselves. make a choice and open your mind

May 25, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  93. Tiesha

can't wait!

May 25, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  94. Beautiful Vixen

I think we make too much into this when all he said was for us to believe in him. It's so simple

May 25, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  95. what??

wow! you people! yes, i said "you people", as in i dont care what color or nationality u are, its just hard not to lump most of you into a group of misguided, ill fated nay-sayers who major on minors – you who claim to know truth, but dont know Him who provides it, will certianly find no peace in worshiping a sin cursed dying world- keep ignoring even the possibility of our Almighty Creator, and what have you gained? You spend how long on this planet and all you have now is self-relying conviction centered on a faith of your own? What does that get you? A laugh here and there? Some temporal comfort? You prefer acceptance of a dissappointing and suffering human kind? No thank you, not for me! I'll take condemnation for loving to worship The One who offers me eternal life spent with Him over acceptance from, or faith in, anyone of this flesh!(black, white, brown or any other color)..Jesus was our sin offering, the sacrifice paid for our eternal connection. maybe its time to be dilegent in learning more? Dont let a hardened heart or trust in humanity keep you missing the opportunity to grow wise. we're smaller than grains of sand on this earth, passing by in His domain for only a short while...major on the majors! Do some reading, understand what you're saying before you say it, speak the truth in love and you will find rest in the trials of this life. Or dont, and be miserable, cynical, and unaware all of your numbered days.He loves you and you can find rest in Him.

May 25, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  96. uFools

So many ignorant opinions that people are bound to fight and go to war and thats ok in the name of ratings? This is the most asinine treatment on the table AND Kutcher will play Blondie ol' blues eyes. I hope Burnett Contracts the waisting away disease on a biblical scale

May 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Question Everything

To you confused Catholics: born again or just born once, Catholics are Christians. Perhaps you are confusing Catholicism with Protestantism – both worship Jesus Christ as the Son of God. (Remember the Apostles Creed? One God, Jesus was crucified for us, etc?) Please don't make us all look like idiots. That said, if the portraits of Jesus hanging in most churches in the South are correct, he defied the laws of DNA if he had blonde hair and blue eyes in the Middle East. To add to your confusion, his Disciples were Jewish and became the first Christians. Peace.

May 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greenbean

Umm, I live in Mississippi. I have gone to church my whole life. I have never seen a picture or stained glass window of Jesus with blond hair and blue eyes. The Jesus depicted down here in the south looks Jewish.

May 25, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  98. SKY

FACT: THE NAME OF GOD HAS TO BE REMOVED FROM MOST BIBLES...IT APPEARS OVER 6,000 TIMES
    IN THE ORGINAL TEXT OF HEB.SCRIPTURES.....FUNNY , FUNNY, ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO
    EXPLAIN TO THE MAJORITY – THAT THE PROPHETS USED GOD'S NAME ?

May 24, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Beautiful Vixen

I know someone born and raised in the middle east and he has green eyes and light brown hair. Who cares what he looks like. Whatever he look like, I most likely thing he is so much better than what we all picture him to be. The only thing right now is that I believe in him and that's all that matters to me.

May 24, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  100. joe

its a shame that some people just can't live a decent life without the bible .. i mean you people are weak ! you can't make good decisions and do the right thing jus cause its the right thing ? the historical jesus was jewish and spent a lot of time in the sun as did most people back then . if being liberal is getting facts right ? then ! nah i still can't go there

May 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  101. dance a jig

Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Bible thumpers love jig-a-boos!!
    Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you!!

May 24, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mon

Jesus was from the Middle East. He was most likely NOT blonde, blue eyed as he is represented in modern times. That is not a liberal thing, that's a fact.

May 24, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. jimmyboy928

@sad -I was reared in the Roman Catholic church. I am now a born-again Christian. As a child I was never encouraged to read the Bible. Reading it the first time changed my life forever. Yes, written by man but God-breathed. It doesn't matter what works you do here on earth. What does matter is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Ritual and ceremony at a church service mean nothing. It is what is in your heart that counts. Kneeling and praying to statues breaks the Ten Commandments. Jesus Christ is your only intercessor. It is so simple yet so difficult for so many to grasp.

May 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ace

I know Jesus was such a great loving guy, it's just a shame he got that whole slavery thing wrong.

May 24, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • KNOWLEDGEmessiah

It's actually not simple at all. Religion is not and never will be simple one bit. Your eyes are just closed and you chose the easy way out by NOT seeking the truth.

Constantine setup the Canon... please tell me, was it for spiritual or political purpose? Mind you, that while Christianity was made the national religion, Constantine still worshipped pagan gods.

May 25, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"As a child I was never encouraged to read the Bible. Reading it the first time changed my life forever."

It had the same effect on me. The first time I read it I thought, "Are you kidding me, people actually take this crazy crap seriously"

May 25, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • itsmeaz

Yeah! Right on jimmyboy! I totally agree. Thanks for bringing the simple truth to this!

May 25, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  104. Gregory Evertsz

Great!! More religious propaganda. People, has not religion done enough damage to humanity? I hope Bill Mahr and all the other late night comedians crap all over this one.

May 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Sam

All the best!!!

May 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  106. mon

Jesus was born in the Middle East. He was most likely NOT blonde, blue eyed as portrayed in modern times. Its not a liberal thing, its a fact

May 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • guybo

Mon,
      You are correct! And we all know, or think we know, that he was born in Bethlehem. Might we say that because Bethlehem is not a modern part of Israel but of Palestine that Yeshua (Jesus) was a Palestinian? He did after all engage in bootlegging when he turned that water into wine at the wedding in Cannan. You can bet that neither He nor the wedding guests present bothered paying the tax due on this to the Romans. Blond hair, black hair, no hair at all, we have no idea what he looked like. However believers hold firm that he was fully a man, begotten of GOD, to show mankind who and what GOD is in terms they can comprehend.

May 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  107. uFools

A disaster waiting to happen. Too many religious nut cases. Nothing good will ever come of this. Hollywood lacks brains.

May 24, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  108. jimmyboy928

The first line of this story contains blasphemy. Ms. Respers, "Oh Lord" is meant to be a calling to Jesus Christ in prayer, not some off the cuff jargon used as a pun. The COMMANDMENT (not suggestion) states that His name shall not be taken in vain.just my opinion. I could be right.

May 24, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

Phuck Jesus!

May 25, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Guy Bourrie

Lord, spelled initial caps only appears in the Old Testament as a translation of secondary names associated with God such as Shaddai, Elohim etc. LORD spelled all caps appears only in place of the name of God which the Jews believed was too Holy to be spoken or written. In Exodus 3 in the original Hebrew God names himself with the letters YHWH . SInce there were no vowels in the text scholars have placed some very carefully here forming the name YAHWEH. Germans spell this with a J instead of a Y (giving credence to English speakers confusing the issue and naming HIM JEHOVAH. The J in German is pronounced like the English Y and both sound like the first Hebrew character in YHWH which is yud, So technically, I suppose, using Lord in a profane way is no more a breech of a commandment than a serf refering to his Lord (of the manor) as the damn Lord.

May 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  109. name

I find the sarcasm in this article disrespectful and offensive.

May 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Beautiful Vixen

@Peace, October..huh? This is new news for me. I guessing that Harold Jack-h0ld is at it again. He was wrong about the 21st so now he is saying October..lol. I don't understand these idiots that keep talking about the end of the world. They must be smoking some damn powerful stuff. Geezes they really are a bunch of attention wh-0-res. Anyway..on another note I would give a look at, after all, it has to be better than some of the $-hit that's on and it just might be good for me. I just hope they keep to the bible version and don't make Jesus g-a-y or something f***ed as that.

May 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  111. lisa

Well to tell everyone there were hundreds of different bibles over the years. what they didnt tell you was noah was of black decent. he had 3 sons one white one black and one red(what we call mexican) but in all honesty no matter through movies or shows or books no on will show the truth. we watch or read only what people want us to know. All you need to know is that i am the punishment of god,if you had not created such a hainus crime god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!!!! those are the words of the devil, ignore his words when they are heard!!!

May 24, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Started off normal enough but then you veered into, "Should the fbi be notified about this?" territory.

May 24, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • KNOWLEDGEmessiah

Is that you talking Lisa or the 151 you're sipping on?

May 25, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LVYRNBR

WOW....there's a lot of anger, mistrust & need of love! So cynical & confused about what to believe. Everyone has a choice. Make your choice. Respect mine & I'll respect yours. There's so much stuff being done in the name of religion that the basic thread that unites us ...love..is pulling us apart at the seams...or does it "seem like this, or, seems like that..."?

May 25, 2011 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Well to tell everyone there were hundreds of different bibles over the years. what they didnt tell you was noah was of black decent. he had 3 sons one white one black and one red(what we call mexican)"

So noah was black and had a mexican son?

Wow, that's news. Here I thought Columbus discovered the new world. Little did I know he was a few thousand years behind noah. Tell me, where did noah meet this mexican woman who fathered his mexican son?

Did she sneek across the Isreali border during the night?

May 25, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • guybo

Lisa,
      Take another toke.

May 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hoof Arted

Whoa whoa whoa..... Noah? Black? Everyone knows ALL people in the bible were white. Because that's what is in the middle east. White people. Next you're gonna tell me Jesus didn't look like a 28 year old Arnold Schwarzenegger....

May 25, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  112. patty

@sad, what the hell is an allwat!!! Is the english?

May 24, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  113. joAnn

It,states in the bible.Only,God himself knows when the end is here.So,relax and take it one day at a time.JoAnn

May 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

I have a solution to the rapturist issue: if the bible says no man can predict the end of the world or whatever: I predict the rapture will take place sometime between right now and the first of the year 9999 a.d.
      Okay now you crazies can be sure that it won't happen, at least while any of us are alive.

May 25, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  114. sad

Do you people get a kick out of talking trash about the bible? Does it bring you pleasure? You really have to have no soul to show no tolerance, and you allwats say we have none. Shame -___-

May 24, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

A religious person talking about tolerance? Now that is rich.

May 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

How about trashing and distorting human history? What would the unquestioning mindless robot of 'the correct religion' know about tolerance? Should we start a body count for the men, women and children of the bible murdered by their own creator?

May 25, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Yes, I really do get a kick out of it. It is hilarious to watch and listen to you people. Let's have a conversation. I say god does not exist. You say it does. I ask you to provide evidence, you point at a tree or a rock or a flower. Then I provide empirical scientific proof that god did not put said flower,tree, rock there. then I ask you for proof of your gods existence and you say, well he spoke with me. I then provide empirical scientific evidence that the voice in your head is not that of a deity but your own. Then I ask you to PROVE your gods existence... You see the circle in which hilarity ensues? Understand that the burden of proof is on your shoulders when you make a claim such as this one. And I say that sir Isaac newton had a tough time proving gravity's existence, as it is something else you can neither see, hear, or touch. Ah but you see he succeed where you will always fail. He provided solid empirical scientific evidence of gravity's existence. Where that voice in your head, its a coping mechanism for your sad lonely existence.

May 25, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Guy Bourrie

In the final analysis there is no proof for God just as there is no proof against God. Empirical evidence by its very definition is in the eye of the beholder.

May 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guy Bourrie

Really–
      Perhaps you should ponder gravity a bit more than you do. That it exists is demonstrable, just ask Newton. What it is–now that, my dear Horatio, is the question. In gravity we have something we know exists but do not know what it is. In God we have something most think they know what it is, but don't "KNOW" the it exists. Go figure.

May 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  115. patty

I just had a disagreement with my kid sister. I am catholic she was also but is now a christan. She said she studies the bible every day because she wants eternal life.

I said to her that our journey on this earth and, how we treat our family and those less fortunate then us will determine where our souls go.Studing the bible does not determine the outcome in the end. I feel the bible is not truthful. And was written by man.
    2 thousand years later. I
    Am I wrong! Your thoughts please!

May 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Sun God

Ask her why her god was into slavery, the one area of the human experience that there is little disagreement about now. The creator of the universe thought it was a good idea? And don't let her off the hook about it being a parable; if that’s the case the whole text is a load.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way". (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

May 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Z

She was a Christian before, now she's a protestant.

May 25, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Guy Bourrie

Patty,
      to be a Roman Catholic is to be a Christian. Christians come in all manner of sizes, shapes, colors and–would you believe–beliefs. Some are liberal some conservative. Some papist some anti papacy. Some fundamentalist others progressive. Whatever stripe you belong to, grab onto it and hold on tight.

May 25, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

The Bible is more real than we are. I always thought Catholics were Christians, so I don't understand your question exactly. You are a Christian if you accept the way to eternal Heaven is a sacrificed son of the the Trinity. The other option is so horribly inconceivable, Hell. God gives us a chance down here on this planet, but this body is not our eternal vehicle. Tell God you love his gracious gift. Think man, think hard and long. Heaven forever or Hell forever?

May 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Doubtful

There really isn't much "history" in the Bible, just a whole lot of fantasy and horror. So I'm not sure why this belongs on "The History Channel." Er, "History..." Which plays anything but programs about real history.

May 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo B.

I agree somewhat, but they still have some pretty decent WWII-related shows. But sadly, nothing much else from other periods.

They are the Hitler Channel after all, aren't they?

May 25, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  117. kevin

Any wisdom that comes from religion would be the beginning of wisdom from religion.

May 24, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. kevin

Any wisdom from religion would be the beginning of wisdom from religion.

May 24, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  119. dio lives

I hope they include the easter bunny, santa claus and the tooth fariy.

May 24, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Terry

You have fulfilled the prophesy of mockers. Be aware that the fear of God is the begining of wisdom. That is for your benefit not mine.

May 24, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

So it is love me or die? Is that the basic message of this loving god? Sounds very iron age.

May 24, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  121. kevin

That's because I use a smartphone.

May 24, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Terry

He has't called you yet.

May 24, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  123. kevin

I wonder if the "history" channel cover the entire 6000 year history of the planet.

May 24, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guy Bourrie

Well said. Now get your tongue out of your cheek before you bite it off.

May 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  124. kevin

Wow. God spoke to me last night also and told me to get up and pee.

May 24, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  125. kevin

Re:Jesuslives

A lot is two words and this series belongs on the Sci Fi network not History. .

May 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  126. balla

Look an listen I think it will be good n it will open a better view on thing, can wait to c it, n for the peopel that think Mel Brooks already did this, uses r dead wrong because Mel Gibson is the person that did it.. God bless all of uses.....

May 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Rapture Schmapture

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OhwFfsOT88&w=640&h=390]

May 24, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"True Christians don't believe in Rapture like Mr Camping does. It's time for some reading."

No two christians believe what a true christian is.

That's what makes the whole myth so funny.

May 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  128. RaptureMe

When god spoke to me last night he said that the rapture did happen on 5/21. He just decided not to take anyone.

May 24, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cajun Herb

How disappointing. I was looking forward to watching the Christians get sucked into the sky.

May 25, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

That really is unfortunate. See with the weak minded out of the way society might stand a chance. Still hoping in October all of the morons will disappear.

May 25, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Believer

Wow. That's a nice thing to say. I am weak minded because I believe giving to the poor and loving people is a godly thing. Even if it's all fake at least I will have an idea of what morals are when I'm old and gray. At least I will have contributed to my fellow man. I sincerely hope because you all have chosen mans take on Christainity that you might consider doing some research instead of coughing up bad points. True Christians don't believe in Rapture like Mr Camping does. It's time for some reading.

May 25, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@ believer
      you can have morals and not be religious, you know that guy you see changing an old lady's flat tire in the supermarket parking lot, or that car behind you that pulled over to help the stranded folks you just drove past? That is little old agnostic me. Not always litteraly me. Point being the bible can help establish morals in people, just as easily as it can lead them astray. (Westboro Baptist Church, look it up). But taken word for word as literal truth it is a ridiculous falicy.

May 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jersey mike

@Really!

Instead of saying how the Westboro Baptist Church leads people astray with its massive membership of 71 why don't you remember that the biggest thing that Jesus wanted us to do is love others?

You're right, you don't have to be a Christian for morals and helping others.

In reference to anyone who says anything about Christianity and religion in general is the downfall of the world why don't we look at WWII? More people were killed in a single war between Stalin and Hitler than all of the wars of mankind combined.

Guess what? Fascism and socialism have their roots in Atheism. why do you check out what people have done for their greedy selves instead of saying religion makes the world "stupid" and "weak".

May 26, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Kagehi

I really hate threaded systems, where you can't reply to the replier. That said – Stalin: Was a megalomaniac, who saw the church as a dangerous threat to his own power. For all anyone knows he secretly prayed (though its not likely, he was too self centered for it), like so many other idiots down through history. He wasn't even a communist, per say, having murdered the man that came up with the idea, so that he could also mangle that beyond recognition, to gain power. It was *all* about power for him, and sharing it with the church... Hell no.

As for Hitler... Seriously, when are people going to stop trying to use this one. He a) hated atheists, and burned there books, b) banned Darwin's works, c) murdered nearly anyone that wasn't conservative, and d) practiced some weird mix of the Catholicism he once nearly because a priest in, and a lot of pagan junk, which a few of his advisors tried to claim would grant him more power. I would hardly call some nutcase that imagines pretending to be Voldemort, in between reading the Bible and babbling about the glory of God in his speeches, an "atheist". Nutcase maybe, but definitely not an atheist.

Oh, and again, just so we are clear on this, if someone, from some random religion set off a nuke in a few big US cities and somehow, in a single stroke, killed more than Hitler and Stalin, it wouldn't be because that religion had a worse track record than Christians, it would be because they had frakking nukes. Same goes for people that traded rifles that shot one round every 2-3 minutes, and cannons that often misfired, for machine guns, that fired lots and lots every second, and tanks. Its the better weapons that define how bloody those wars where, not who fought in them. Since most of the crap Christians have done has been during periods when the most effective weapon was a damn bow and arrow, or a sword, its hardly a surprise that they didn't kill millions (unless you count via banning herbs, healers, medicine, killing cats, and everything else they did to spread the plague).

May 26, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Angela Morris

Why do people try to gain fortune off of something that is so true! Dont u think God is already upset with all the false statements,people killing people, children being abused! Thats why is why the weather is the way it is! Warning comes before destruction!

May 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  130. americas reject the african american society

THE M0VIE 2012 WAS FIRST NAME GLOBAL DESTRUCTION UNTIL SOME M0R0N FOUND OUT ABOUT THE MAYAN L0NG COUNT WHICH TODAY MAYANS DEBUNKD THAT THEORY .ALSO THE MAYANS WORSHIP MUDARAK WHICH WAS THE SUN GOD SO U SO CALLD CHRISTIANS BELIEVE DIS WEN GOD SAID HE IS DA 0NE AND 0NLY? OK THEN WHY WOULD I BELIEVE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THE WORLD WAS FLAT N0T ROUND 0NTOP OF THAT THEY DIDNT KN0W THAT THE EARTH AND OTHER PLANETS REVOLVED AROUND THE SUN. OH AND THE SO CALLD CALENDER THAT THEY SHOW IS AZTEC N0T THE 0NE OF THE MAYANS.OH ALSO WHOSE TO SAY THAT THE PEOPLE THAT DISCOVERD THIS CALENDER DID N0T MISINTERPET IT. WHAT AMERICANS NEED TO DO IS STOP RELYING ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND READ LOL. I SEE WHY CHINA IS AHEAD OF US IN EDUCATION

May 24, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo B.

I agree with you, I totally see why China is indeed ahead of us in education.

Oh brother...

May 25, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

SKY, I've been trying to figure out what your nick means, "americas reject the african american society", on this post. What are you talking about?

May 25, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Mispeld sum?

I teenk da last sentunc een yoor eedyotik poost iz dee onli gramatikly korekt wone. Hau stoopeed!

May 26, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  131. Cait

and also...if the bible holds all truths, why is it full of contradictions?

May 24, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • WhetherVain

Do you really want an answer, or was that just your favorite quote from someone else who was afraid to study it? Not meant to be an insult. I know I'm guilty of making assumptions from time to time.

May 25, 2011 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
    • JJ in CT

@ WeatherVain

Do you really have an answer? And yes. it is an assumption to state that someone has never studied the bible and sees the contradictions. I'm studying the bible right now, and right in genesis, I see a major inaccuracy. Genesis 1:16 "And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night." The lesser light that rules the night is the moon. We know in fact, that the moon is not a "light" at all, but rather reflects light from the sun, giving the appearance of itself being a light.

Whoever wrote the bible, obviously had no idea of this, and would assume / guess it was a light. Just as they had no idea that the Earth revolved around the sun, or that the Earth is round. The person / people who wrote the bible were simply ignorant of the facts, as they did not possess the knowledge at the time it was written. Just like the Greeks believe that a god riding a charriot dragged the sun around the sky; they didn't know how or why, so they made up a myth. If the bible is the written word of an all-knowing god, why is this inaccuracy in the bible? This is just one example out of many.....

May 25, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • AtheistSlayer

@cait: full of contradictions??? Haha... No sir is not... Unfortunately is clear in the bible, when its mentioned that the Word of God the foolish wouldnt understand it and it will seem foolish to them because it is only for Gods chosen ones... Do more research.

May 25, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJ in CT

@ AtheistSlayer

Your answer to the question of contradictions in the bible is "Haha... No sir is not?" Is so. Is not. Is so. Is not. This is not a rational argument. You need to have evidence and facts to back up an argument. "Because I said so" is not valid.

If you say it is so, because the bible is the word of god, how do you actually know it is the word of god? Is it because the bible says it is the word of god? This is a circular argument and still lacks facts. What is more likely? That the bible is the word of god, despite only arising in one area of the world, having contradictions, errors, and constant differing interpretations; this doesn'y sound like the work of an all-knowing, all powerful god.

Or, could it have been written by a group of men who needed a way to control others, and have a philosophy that would superseed other already existing laws and philosphies? The more likely answer is that it was written by men who did not understand the world in which they lived, who had no concept of the even their place in the world. Why didn't god tell them about the Earth being round, that the sun revolves around the Earth, or the existence of dinosuars? Seems pretty strange to live these major bits of information out of a book given from an all-knowing creator....

Think about it. How do you know the bible is the word of god?

None slain here.

May 25, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@ jj in ct
      Awesome, thank you sir for using the powers of logic.

May 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • pash

The bible has been corrupt and rewritten by humans so it is not the word of god anymore. The Quran is the word of god. In 1400 years not a word has been changed and yes it answers questions to the universe too.

May 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@ pash
      " and yes it answers questions...too"
      So does Google pal. But I agree Islam is a far more respectable religion. And this is coming from a white agnostic male from middle America

May 25, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Free Thinker

I suppose this could be somewhat humorous as long as the source material is treated as the ancient work of compiled fiction that it is. Quite frankly, I avoid these sorts of shows on History Channel because they bore me. I think Mel Brooks already did it best and would be hard to top.

May 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Cait

alright!! an action-adventure series!!

May 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Rick'

Will they portray Jesus as a Semetic Jewish younger version of Harold Camping, going around telling people the world was about to end? That would be accurate.

May 24, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  135. jesuslives

in my opinion that "miniseries" or "movie" whatever is going to be, i think its gona be fake n full with lies. and that is going to make alot of people confused in there beliefs. ive seen the history channel numerous times and i cant believe what they say. just lies. they try to bring an explanation for everything. when the truth is written on the Bible. i recomend you all to read the Bible. is a beautyful thing. the miracles he had done you'll be suprise. God Bless You.

May 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

It will be fake as long as they quote the bible verbatim.

May 24, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • its all fake

Wow, are you serious? The bible real? Well, if you believe in talking trees, bushes, snakes and donkeys, 800 year old men, a flood that scientists say there is absolutely no evidence of at all and, so many other ridiculous claims. And you say the history channel is un true?? Sorry, guess I'm just a realist!!

May 25, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • AtheistSlayer

Fyi mister, even scientists use the bible as a reference to find those "unreal facts" you claim. Do more research and befode you start a debate make sure you are prepared in the subject. Your ignorance is more than noticeable with what you are saying mr. Goat herder.

May 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • No biggie

What bothers me more than anything is when Christians try to use the scientific method to bolster their faith! Nothin in the bible holds up to the scrutiny of the scientific method at all! The bible is bases on faith. Faith is something that can not be measured by empirical evidence, and nothing in the bible is based on any type of empirical evidence.

May 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Minimike

@it's all fake

Yeah, it's much more believable that the the universe was created out of nothing that didn't exist and randomly created everything in it. Then by chance, a quadrillion to one, and that's being generous, some things came and made life as we know it with water and air. And it has been randomly the same ever since.

Interesting

May 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raúl II

One way or another, the Bible is to be heard, seen, listened. Mini Series... hmm, as long as there's no controversial clown-like ritual-God-freaks to confuse every point, that's good; I'd watch it. If in addition there's neutral scholars corroborating prophecies and sayings written thousands years ago and still applicable, amazing, even better. I hope I Love It.

May 25, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@ minimike
      Maybe you should read into what science has actually laid out before you start judging atheist and agnostic thoughts. Notice I used the word thoughts instead of beliefs. See admitting that you actually don't KNOW everything is how you begin learning. The devout religious take every step in their lives as if they showed up for their very first day of school, five years old, and started teaching the other kids. And they carry that chip on their shoulders their entire lives. Let me ask you this, on an infinite time line what is not possible? Second question, does it not say in your bible, "Judge not lest Ye be judged."? It does, Matthew 7:1 King James Version, look it up. Perhaps you should actually apply your beliefs to your life before you start defending them. But props for effortlessly writing sarcasm, its not easy. You should be proud of that accomplishment. Really.

May 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Minimike

@Really

The thing is I've learned that I know nothing, but common since goes a long way. Some of the same scientist present evidence as hard facts and return to recant them later. I didn't judge anyone, I just simply stated what scientist say today. Just sounds different when you actually say it put loud. Sine study would reveal that the judgement is people who would hold people to their own standards not God's. I can't hold anyone accountable for anything.

May 26, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • its all fake

Athiestslayer??? Really??? There's is nothing at all to prove any of those ridiculous claims. Dinosaurs, cro magon, the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs... all events that took place 65 million plus years ago angle guess what? We have evidence that supports the theory!! There is absolute no hard evidence at all of a so called Christ. Why is it when you ask for proof that Christians always quote something from the bible.. a Christian book! That's not hard evidence. We have proof of Julius Cezar, Herod the Great and Josephus all roughly in the same time period. They let artifacts behind. Yet, we have no proof (artifacts) of Christ at all. Nothing suggests any of it.....If you want to go after a scientists theory you are the wine who better be prepared to prove and its gonna take alone more than so fable out of the bible! Get real!

May 26, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Minimike

Tell me what proof you have that we descended from apes. And if so, why are they still apes. Where is this missing link. Why hasn't anyone given birth to an animal? Can you or any scientist make water from nothin more than thin air, or in a complete vacuum? Why does the earth contiously rotate every 24 hrs and revolve around the sun giving us our solar year. We know how photosynthesis works, but how and why does it work. Can we build a plant cell out of organic material and make it work? If we could produce these things on this earth that randomly appeared can we do
      It from nothing? Prove to me there is no God. Show me that evidence.

May 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  136. jesuslives

in my opinion that "miniseries" or "movie" whatever is going to be, i think its gona be fake n full with lies. and that is going to make alot of people confused in there beliefs. ive seen the history channel numerous times and i cant believe what they say. just lies. they try to bring an explanation for everything. when the truth is written on the Bible. i recomend you all to read the Bible. is a beautyful thing. the miracles he had done you'l be suprise. God Bless You.

May 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  137. jesuslives

in my opinion its gona be a bad "movie" just lies..the history channels say alot of stuff that isnt true..when the truth is right there in the Bible..ive seen that channel alot of times and they just dont believe .. they have an excuse for everything.. just read the Bible your answers are there people. God Bless all of You.

May 24, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  138. jesuslives

i think my opinion its gona be a bad "movie" just lies..the history channels say alot of stuff that isnt true..when the truth is right there in the Bible..ive seen that channel alot of times and they just dont believe .. they have an excuse for everything.. just read the Bible your answers are there people. God Bless all of You.

May 24, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  139. ryan

I thought harry potter was over. A mini series now?

May 24, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  140. jeff,alabama

The old Hollywood did some accurate
    Bible movies but I doubt the new Hollywood
    is interested in doing the Bible justice.
    I see a political statement coming from
    the producer on this one.

May 24, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Im betting they'll make Jesus black or arab or something. Liberals these days.

May 24, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • shchasm

Lol!

May 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Jesus is Chinese, dur!! Don't you watch Family Guy?

May 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • kamryn

Well he certainly is not white...like in all the pictures the world sees...

May 25, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Im betting they'll make Jesus black or arab or something. Liberals these days."

Well, let's see, he was from the middle east. I would bet that he most closely resembled an.....Arab.

What do you want him portrayed as, a Scandinanavian?

May 25, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

@derp,
      Let him without derp cast the first derp.

May 25, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • dmjk

@ the mad r@p3er- r u on eof those ppl who fell for the idea that Jesus was white with blue eyes? lmbo....silly boy. WHere was he born again?......Nazareth.hhhhmmmm no white ppl there. Meanwhile, the bible tells us what he looked like. What white person do u know has hair like wool?

September 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  141. tammy

Sounds interesting we need better shows on (T.V.)

May 24, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Lettuce Prey

Didn't Mel Brooks already make this movie?

May 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  143. ER

I hope it will be in 3D. Is it going to be a prequel or sequel ?

May 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pope John Paul The Turd

Mohammed and all the Islams will join Princess Diana and the kennedys in hell.

May 26, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  144. derp

I think we all know how it ends.

May 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vash

The devil did it?

May 24, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doo Doo for Jesus

This series will be a big steamy pile of donkey turds. Hey will probably want to be politically correct and make the Jesus "character" be gay. Seems we can never have enough fuudgepacking and weenee biting.

May 25, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • olive

I enjoy tearing pages for my Quran then using them to wipe my doo doo filled buttcrack.

May 26, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  145. Josh Noloc

As long as this series maintains accuracy, you better believe I’m watching it!!!

May 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • monkey

Accuracy ?? LOL !! :) :) :) :) :)

May 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathysandiego

How can it be accurate without Charlton Heston to play every part? Accuracy as in Judaism, Evangelical Christianity, Roman Catholicism, Lutheran, Methodist? And so on and so on and so on. If I were a Christian of any faith I'd be insulted.

May 25, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Minimike

Aside from Judism, the remainder are denominations of Christianity. That is the different order and operation of the church itself.

May 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Peace

Well shucks! I guess we won't get to watch that miniseries, seems how the world is gonna end in Oct.! Ha ha !

May 24, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

The Mayans and the movie says the world ends in 2012 ... so we're still gonna miss this mini series ... oh well...

May 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • princapality

Mocking and sarcasm won't help you for what humanity has store up through out history ... wake up in and stabilize your nature and insides. For the ears that listen get the message. As fot the ignorant I hope you realize what's happening under the sun.

May 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

@ principality
      "what humanity has stored up throughout history"
      Do you mean like the crusades, the inquisition, Saint Augustine’s Cognite Intrare, and the Botswana genocide of 400,000 Muslims by Christian Serbs in 1992-1995, death toll nearing one billion only including the above mentioned events. or are you referring to the mere 100 million abortions performed to date? Did you know sir, that in the twentieth century alone Christianity has claimed 20 times more lives than those taken in the name of the Islamic faith in addition to all of the murders its followers have commited to date. It's a fact. I would like to note that I am agnostic, but were I to choose to conform to a religious faith it would certainly not be Christianity. One more noteworthy mention, how about the genocide throughout Europe of Christians by Christians, I believe in world history classes it is referred to as the reformation and counter reformation era. Seems very brotherly.

May 25, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • I care

The bible is what it is... An excellent tool for teaching masses of the ignorant to behave for their masters, who meanwhile use the power of the masses to fight wars, create genocide, and further oppress those masses that provide the power. It's the perfect mass subjugation tool... It tricks followers into self subservience, not to god, but to whichever church happens to be in power that century. The 10-commandments? This list of rules could keep a zoo full of monkeys from killing each other, which is exactly it's design. Oh, and by the way, I'll take 10%, thank you very much.

May 26, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |