Lenny Kravitz to rock 'The Hunger Games'
May 24th, 2011

Lenny Kravitz to rock 'The Hunger Games'

The big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' blockbuster book "The Hunger Games" is really going to rock now that musician Lenny Kravitz has joined the cast.

Kravitz has signed on as Cinna, the fashion stylist who helps dress heroine Katniss Everdeen for the televised death matches, according to the Hollywood Reporter. It's Cinna's incredible designs that play a crucial role in how Katniss performs in the games.

"When I saw Lenny's work in 'Precious,' I was just knocked out," director Gary Ross said of Kravitz, who has also appeared in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and "Zoolander." "It was quiet and strong and understated and open-hearted: all qualities which define this character."

"The Hunger Games," which stars Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as her fellow competitor/love interest Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as her childhood friend Gale, is set for release on March 23, 2012.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

1. @N

dont listen to lenny dat much.but wat bout green day they are rock n roll legends!!!

May 24, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ericahope

oh he ROCKS!!

May 24, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. stacey

Who is going to play gale in the hunger games???? And the cracked jokes about kristie r amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. charlie crack

Cant stand him.....horrible singer and his voice/sound are outdated.

May 24, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. john

Should be good. The world is going to end on October 21st 2011, so we may not see it anyways.

May 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Denizen Kate

I'm reading Hunger Games now, can hardly put it down. Lenny will be great in that role.

May 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Andrew

What worries me is how little time there is before the movie releases and they are still casting. I hope they have time to do it right.

May 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. J0nx

These were without a doubt the most enjoyable books I have read in many, many years. I hope they don't screw up the movie. I wish there were 3 or 4 more of these books that went into the early days of the districts and the capital as they were starting the games for the first time. There is a lot of meat still on this bone for Suzanne Collins to chew on. Let's hope she is not done with this series even if Catniss and crew are not the main characters.

May 24, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • shandon

Since this was a Trilogy, there will not be any more books written. However, it is a great series and I agree it's one of the best I've read it quite some time!

May 24, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Shampoo Boy

He will fit right in playing the gay male hairdresser.

May 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Christina

I am almost done with Mockingjay and I think he would be a great fit for Cinna, now I am just waiting to see who plays President Snow, I think Tim Curry or Nathan Lane would be a good fit.

May 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. stephen

Damn guys, wait till the movie comes out before passing judgement. Keep an open mind!

May 24, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jj

Finally, some casting that I am happy about! Just how I pictured Cinna!

May 24, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Fenris

What see you talking about Corbjin? Both of those movies were timeless. Limited only by their transformation from novel to movie.kravitz is already a talented actor, in the same vein as Will Smith.

May 24, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Christine

What?! I love Lenny Kravitz the musician, but I don't see him as Cinna! What is wrong you people doing the casting?!! I think it would be better to cast a bunch of no names for this movie. I can only hope and pray that this movie is worth seeing come March 2012! P.S. Did any of the casting directors actually READ this book?! It doesn't seem like lit.

May 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christine

.....and sorry for the spelling errors!

May 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

What? Stanley Tucci, Woddy H, Elizabeth Banks! I love their choices so far. They could have gone sooooooo much cheesier with the casting. Lenny K will be a calm, cool, and wise option as Cinna. He is also very much a "capitol" product, even if he is a bit of a rebel.

May 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I'm still trying to recover from the horrifying realization that they cast Woody Harrelson as Haymitch. I might not be able to see the film now.

May 24, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Corbijn

I was hoping that bringing this book to the screen would be done without an ounce of stupidity however this casting proves I was only hoping. Let's cast a musician who has no business acting in the movie just for the sake of publicity. Now I know this movie will crash and burn. Don't believe me, look at past movies with this level of creative insight: Johnny Mnemonic, Dune, etc.

May 24, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. Thorne

I think that is an interesting and pleasantly surprising pick for Cinna. It would have been so easy to go with someone predictable.

May 24, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ted

He is one of the few performers still around today that i actually enjoy. He is INCREDIBLE ! : )

May 24, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  18. are you gonna go my way?

all i really wanna know is......areyougonnagomyway

May 24, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. Paco

I see Lenny still washes his hair with fresh doodee pieces.

May 24, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Dace

Feel better now junior?

May 24, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Tell me little one, how many phone books do you need to sit on to reach the keyboard? Maybe the folks should keep it in the kitchen where it can be monitored hmmm?

May 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |