'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is it time to forgive Schwarzenegger?
May 23rd, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is it time to forgive Schwarzenegger?

As the drama surrounding the separation of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver continues, there’s more big news out today from their children. If you want insight into what’s going on inside their family, look no further than Twitter.

The oldest Schwarzenegger child, 21-year-old Katherine, re-tweeted a quote saying, “Holding grudges is bad for your health. Forgive and let go. It doesn’t mean keep them around either.” Now a lot of people might agree with Katherine that it’s time to move on, and I think forgiveness is very important in life, but it’s too soon to brush this aside. It was only two weeks ago that Arnold and Maria publicly announced their separation!

What do you think? Tell me below.

Also on our show tonight…

Did you catch Rihanna and Britney Spears’ sexy duet of “S & M” that opened the Billboard Music Awards? I think they stole the show right from the beginning! Tell me what you think about this too… did you love it or hate it?

And even though “Celebrity Apprentice” just ended, there’s bad blood between a bunch of the stars on the show. Will they still keep fighting?

See you exclusively tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. John

There is a difference between forgiveness and consequences. Ah-nold, you may be forgiven if and when Maria and your kids choose (and each will decide based upon their relationship with you), but the PERMANENT consequences of what you have done remains. you are a SELFISH, SELF-SERVING, WOMANIZING, IMMATURE, EGOTISTICAL freak, but I–being one of your biggest fans–will eventually find it in my heart to forgive you since I have done wrong to others too. You have damaged a sacred trust to your family, and it will always STAY DAMAGED, no matter what kind of public relationships mortar $ you manage to slap on it and make stick. Everyone will REMEMBER what you did. You did it to yourself. Like Tiger Woods. I don't know you personally, but the way I feel right now: I NEVER want to see your new movies again since you are an EMBARRASMENT to me when I tell people that you were role model when I was 19 since I also didn't want to be skinny and a nobody just like Reg Park was a role model to you.

May 24, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Simon and Gar Farkel

The story makes good tabloid fodder, but it doesn't impact m in any way. He and Maria and family need to work all of this through

May 24, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Allison

I don't see why any of this is any of our business. If my husband goes out and fathers a chile with our maid, nobody would care and he would not have to ask the world for forgivness. Let him and his family work through this in peace.

May 24, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. charlie crack

@sean- good point!

May 24, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sean

I am not a huge Arnold fan, but I think the same thing I thought about Robert Downey Jr. If actors want to self destruct and mess up their personal lives, that is fine, but let them continue to work and bring their films, music, art and so on to the world. If you do not want to see his movies because he played around, then don't, but live your own life because he doesn't know or care what you do in your personal life when you buy the ticket, don't worry about what he does.

May 24, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. charlie crack

Stop bein racist folks.....not gettin anywhere. Make a valid arguement.....duh

May 24, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. charlie crack

P!ss on him!

May 24, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. jen

I've been done by the worst trolls and all.

May 24, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jen

I HATE ALL WHITE PEOPLE!

May 24, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. jen

T-rex the so called " black" blogs are owned by companies like CNN News. Therefore I'm staying sorry if I annoy you and your friends aha!!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. jen

Also the so called "black" blogs are owned by company's like CNN News.

May 24, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. jen

Sorry david mack but I was typing so fast that I type your name instead of that butt holes T REX.

May 24, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. jen

Hey david mack I'm really hurt that you and your buddies don't want me on "your" blog so I'm going to go find a minority blog, aha just kidding and if you didn't know.I'll do what I want you geeky idiot!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dave

So he screwed up. (pun not intended). Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone (or something like that).
    He is only answerable to his wife and kids, thats all.
    And I want to see him in "The Sperminator – part 69!

May 24, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. fernace

The only people who matter in this situation are those directly involved. Arnold has done nothing to me. Celebrities are not role models, they are rich, priveleged people who nevertheless are simply human. We should look to people in our own lives for inspiration, & let celebrities do their jobs, which is to entertain. Nothing more, even if you are the Governator.

May 24, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. scott

Time forgive, pump up and make Terminator 5! :)

May 24, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. david mack

Yeah, right. I'm sure Arnold, Patty, and Maria are checking this thread night and day to see what we think!! Nonetheless, what a freaky, sad, and pathetic story.

May 24, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. T-Rex

JEN!!!! How many times do we have to tell you get of the marquess blogs?! We don't want you on here! Don't they have black blogs for you to go on?!

May 23, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. BB Girl

Did we forgive Tiger?

May 23, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Peace

Not my business to forgive him or not. I can say if that was my hubby, well, he'd be down looking up in some desert! How's that for forgiveness? LOL !

May 23, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Cara

Do you think he would even notice? He's too busy negotiating payments with the women in his past, who have proof, to not go the media.

May 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Peter Barthelson

Forgiveness is not for the villain, it is for the victim. Forgive and you are a victim no more. Holding onto these things only hurts you more. But forgiving is not forgetting. Best to forgive and move forward. Sometimes we move forward together with the person that hurt us and sometimes we move forward on our own. Either way, you have to leave the hurt behind, which is to forgive.

May 23, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jen

It doesn't make any difference whether or not I forgive him, because in America you can practically be forgiven for anything, especially if you're a rich white male.

May 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joyce Sanchez

Let it go like his the only one I still like him and always will

May 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JR

He made a mistake that he'll pay for a long time. Forgive the man.... don't bust up a family that loves each other. You don't have to trust him but forgive him.

May 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. juilo' fernandez

plus he is a lesbian

May 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. juilo' fernandez

no ! he is a nasty austrian ! they are like germans ! nazis !

May 23, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Mad R@p3r

Oh god its bleeding out of the Lars von Truer blogpost! Everybody duck and cover!

May 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Amazingly Enough

I agree, The only people that this affects are his family. A.J. Hammer and the rest of the media morons seem to think it's their right to pass judgement, as do many fans. It's not. Unless he cheated on you, then forget about it.

May 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  29. VinceP

Forgive him for what? What has he done to me? The whole thing is a matter to be worked out between him and his family. The only reason it was ever brought up publicly is that the press just couldn't leave it alone. He's out of public office, so his private life is just that... PRIVATE!

May 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. susan

Are you kidding? This pig needs to go away forever. His wife too. I don't want to see them in the public eye thinking that they can tell the rest of us how to live. Maria didn't even know her home was a massage parlor. And she thinks she can empower women? Please.

May 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Brooke

the only people he has to apologize to are his family, what we feel we need is irrelevant. stupid article, thats what i think. unless he's PERSONALLY offended you, then shut up, otherwise get over yourself. Arnold doesn't know you or give to poops what you think. nor should he AJ.

honestly im sick of celebrities apologizing to the public for their private lives, i understand if theyre a role model but hes not in office anymore and hes made his name doing action films not movies advocating monogamy. he hasnt misled us at all.

May 23, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. joe cool

Yeah. Doesnt bother me whatever he does. I dont really care.

May 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  33. elm

ANYDAY a kennedy gets screwed its a GREAT DAY!

May 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Mary Dozier Mendez

You have to forgive seven time seven; but what she said is right! Grudges can not be kept. He is still those kids father and what he did is unconceivable; but unfortunately the public should not reward his action by boycotting his films. You have to stop these conducts by using the excuse that they be forgiven. You are a person whether rich or poor and there must be consequences when you practice unmoral acts. There should be no reality show, tabloids paying the person, writing a book why? These things were done in the Bible days look at King David and look what happened to King David – he was even allowed to build the temple.

May 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  35. eunis

Forgive him? He did nothing wrong.

May 23, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |