'You Oughta Know' tonight who leaves 'Idol'
May 19th, 2011

'You Oughta Know' tonight who leaves 'Idol'

Guess who I think is going home?

Yep. Haley Reinhart. While it's been a season of shockers so far, I went back and watched the performances from Wednesday night again and that last one from Haley did it for me.

Watching her struggle to hit the low notes on "You Oughta Know," especially after I reflected on Crystal Bowersox's rendition last season with Alanis Morissette during the finale, made me think it's her turn to go.Sorry Haley.

Will we have a finale this year with the youngest contestants ever (Scotty and Lauren) or will it be Scotty vs. Haley? Even more mind-blowing, will we have our first female vs. female finale since Season 3, when Fantasia Barrino triumphed over Diana DeGarmo?

Join me here tonight as  I live blog the results show. Until then, "Idol-"ators!

1. Marty

W O W ! ! A lot of wild and stormy remarks by sore losers just because their favorite person is gone - come on many of these contestants will do well - but, grow up and accept the voting process! The two remaining deserve to be there,
    they improved throuh out the season and are humble about the results - maybe that is part of the reason they are
    "In It To Win IT". Good Luck to Them Both!

May 25, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Al

yep you're right... it was Haley who went home. That leaves us with two boring contestants for the finale. and btw, she didn't struggle with the low notes because the most important thing is that she hit them. Scotty and Lauren struggled to reach the high notes! Bad, bad article... do you even sing??!

May 21, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
    • hearts

obviously you people dont know anything about singing and or about true talent! Haley was a show off, stuck-up person. she didnt have a humble heart and didnt even show any emotions with any of the songs she "sang"! a true artist(singer) would have poured her heart on stage. the only thing she poured out was her talking back and how rude she was (even to the end of her journey there)!! lauren and scotty deserve to be there-now those two have true talent and pure hearts on stage!

May 21, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. 1 question

Once more I would like to know,to all of u crying over haley, did u vote?

May 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. anon

if they were smart they would've seen that the crazy talent underdog rising up when the early chosen one never quite does do what they had been so sure of and takes it by storm and makes it a mixed finale might have been a much more powerful story arc than what they have ended up now. Beating down on a talented and nice girl and having an all the same finale with contestants not having had the moments of the season that a few other contestants have had at one time or another.

they have people mad at the flimsy biased judging, have lost credibility and have a weaker story arc, but I guess they get what they deserve from trying to play with things.

May 20, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sad Day

Sad day for Idol.

We now have for the first time a finale where neither of the top two have had a performance of the night for at least three weeks running while someone who has had a top performance of the night and for ALL three weeks running, at least, is not in the finale! Has someone ever had the best of the night for at least three weeks straight going into top two and not made it before?

But they paint a genuinely nice girl as a b and some fall for it and the judges pretend the Chosen Ones have never had a bad song for weeks and make Haley seem inconsistent (never mind oh merely winning the night for three or more weeks because naw that's not being consistent) since they'd go after her second best each night as if it were diseased (although often being very far from the worst of the night and sometimes close to the top) and the demographic is stacked to begin with.

Plus with the finale we sadly now know the outcome for sure already (unless they really do finagle the votes like the craziest theories claim). Haley at least would have been the talented does anything vs the country crooner now it is country vs. country and Scotty has just dominated the votes beyond belief so how can he not win (unless his fans suddenly think it's a lock and forget to vote en mass).

Haley just showed her mad talent with B-B-B-BBennie and the Jetssssss there at the end and wow did she do it proud emotional loss and all! A shame we get no more next week. :(

But best of luck to the two next week!

The most wild interesting memorable crazy performer is going home. So many amazing songs this season. Now we will just have to wait more than a single week to hear more, that's life.
    Haley held her head up, a good soul who provided us with a lot of memorable moments, congrats!

May 20, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kat

I had a feeling it would be Haley, but I really wanted her to win.

Personally I'm bored with country music and this is one season the finale will be full of country. While I think both the finalists are great singers and should look forward to great careers, I'm just sorry the finalist will be country. I was just as disappointed the year Carrie Underwood won..

May 20, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. GH

She's out... and nicely set up by the judges last night. They knew Haley couldnt hit the low notes of Alanis. But what other chick could belt out a Zepplin tune like her??

Two miserably ordinary finalists. A million of those out there already.

May 20, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. Haley Hater

There is a God afterall! And Im thanking him for sending Haley home. That cross eyed cooing into the camera was just too much. Too egotistical and arrogant. And the farther up she went the worse it got. The look on her face when they said Lauren beat her out was priceless. A true Kodak moment. Her vocal range was limited. She never really sang anything. Seemed like she forced-growled out everything. The Lauren/Scott contest will be great. Scott will definately win.

May 19, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • scotty

Hate to break it to you, but there is no god, when you die nothing happens, and unfortunately you fall perfectly in line with the majority of tone-deaf Americans who have no ear for actual musical talent.

But take heart!!! You are not alone. There are many more like you. And isn't it better to be in the majority rather than being in the right?

Praise, Jebus and pass the salt!!!

May 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pat

HIP HIP HORRAY, HIP HIP HORRAY, HAILEY HAS FINALLY LEFT THE BUILDING. She didn't deserve to go this far. Even though I'm not a country fan and don't really care who wins now, I'm just sooooo glad Hailey is OUT. Did anyone see her face when they announced she lost. PRICELESS.

May 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • laffincat

If you want to watch an f-ing preying mantis sing, the by all means vote for Scot McCreary. Lauren is good – Haley was more mature, more emotional and picked on by the judges except for Stephen "If you fart, it sounds like Pasty Cline to Me" Tyler. The writer got is all wrong – this show is a pimple on the rump of American music. And Scotty will get a record deal and his records will sound like all the others not named George Strait...one song with a hook and 8 other crappy songs.

May 20, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sunshine Girl *

Finally! Haleys gone. Ive been waiting for this day since the begining. Scotty is good and deserves to win. His fan base is amazing! Lauren is great too. Itll be an excellent face off between the 2 of them. Looks like Laurens fan base is pretty big as well. Good Luck to both of them. Cant wait till next week.

May 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Eric

You guys are silly talking down each others favorite. Truth is they were all amazing. For several weeks fantastic performers have gone home. Happy to see Scotty and Lauren in the final.

May 19, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jelisa

Hey LISA ! : ) Im sorry for missing your post – I was watching AI : ) i need to be blogging too ! We wish you were on AI ! : ) YOU ARE GREEEEEAT ! :) :)

May 19, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. GoHaley

Also, Haley did another number a while ago that was pretty mellow but people never appreciate these types of songs. They always expect every number to be the same type of performance with big crescendo's and James for instance capitalized on that with his scream, which was great by the way, but not every performance has to be like that.

May 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. GoHaley

Haley's performance of Rhiannon was beautiful! Hope she stays otherwise it'll be boring with the other two. They may be talented but they're boring to watch. Although I do like Scotty's guitar pose. He's definitely improving on his stage image and presence. Hoping for a Scotty/Haley finale!

May 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. yeah

Disgustingly, it probably will be the case. And what an utter travesty.

Ironic that the Judges pick was one that was too low for her range, no? And they scheduled it last? (although she did the chorus proud, way better than Crystal, who as great as she is had one of her worst performances with this song)

She so beat them on the first though and had a very fine second and the chorus on her last one was so good it still seems a bit crazy to say she should leave even just going by last night and taking in the season who else has had performances that will be talked about and remembered??

She has a ton of former Idols on her side, had Led Zeppelin contact her to give rights to their catalog after they saw her HOTRS, so much support from artists.

And they had her re-shoot her hometown visit text message of her song when she actually got it she was so cute and humbly thanking fans, so down earth, tons of fans screaming for her but then they re-shoot it to make it more glam but also more diva-like in the limo with no fans, etc. although it still looked cool.

May 19, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • And Also

Don't forget that her songs had crazy difficulty level! So much trickier! Insane level!

May 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. gdjhi

You are wrong about who should go home, Haley had the best performance of the night with "What is and what should never be" She is a risk taker.

May 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Agree. Haley's the only reason I will tune in tonight. I will turn the sound off when the other two come on. So boring.

May 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. cookiesforboots

There's only one week left.- but I guess X Factor will be coming soon.
    And I don't really care who wins this thing, because James and Jacob were my favorites. I was
    positive that one of them would make the final

May 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @tonysgirl1959

Lauren all the way!!! I like scotty, he has a career ahead of him. Wouldn't it be neat if Haley and Lauren were final two and Lauren won??? Beat the pants off of her! Oh yay!! That would be great!

May 19, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scotty

You said, "they've proven they can do pretty much any song"

Seriously? Here's a tip: Just because you can say the words, doesn't make them true.

Reality check: Scotty & Lauren have sung only one genre of song, Country, so BY DEFINITION they haven't proven they can sing "pretty much anything".

And here's another reality check for your obtuseness: They haven't even attempted to push the boundries of the Country genre. Not even a little bit.

Scotty could have sang a Steve Earl, Merl Haggard, Hank Williams Jr, or Rober Earl Keen song, but instead he sang Elvis, bla, bla, bla. His song selection was all in the maintstream of one genre. That makes it GUTLESS SQUARED.

You know being ignorant isn't so bad all by itself, but when you couple it with meritless over-confidence....well, then you just end up looking like a fool, and then when you decide to display our confident ignorance in a public forum...well, that's when it gets awfully annoying.

Yee Haw!!!

May 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Carlee Myeisha

Haley deserves to be in the finale. I think she is the dark horse among the 3. Despite the bashing and haters she has proven that she has the talent and the determination to win everyones heart. Haley doesnt need to prove anything no more. She has already proven she deserves every inch of it. Hail Haley!

May 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • tonysgirl1959

Carlee, I don't think she's proven anything. What? That she can growl? "Great" above you, said it best. She's got no range to her voice. She really is boring. And if she gets voted off tonight, then well, you will see that America does not agree with you. I'm not saying she's a really bad singer. I'm sure she will make it just fine in her career. And even though Scotty & Lauren are both country...they both have proven that they can pretty much do any song. Either one of them win for me. And whoever doesn't, will still have a great career! Go Lauren!!!

May 19, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • jessica

yesss go haley

May 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miguel

tonysgirl1959, and others, you live in fantasyland if you think Haley has no range. She does things that leave other singers in awe.

Adam Lambert: "I love the sound of her voice, the texture of it. Musically, her choices are incredible. I don’t even think people are realizing the things that she’s doing vocally. I think it’s because she’s so effortless about it.

Melinda Doolittle: "This girl can just flat out sing. I was watching the show last night with some of my favorite singers and we were in awe of what her voice can do. She can go from a raspy tone to one that is as clear as a bell in a matter of seconds. She has the vocal flexibility of a singer twice her age. She is amazing."

Jackie Tohn: "That girl is a ridiculous singer. I can't even put my brain...like, when you're a singer, you have to go there in your head, like 'Can I go there, can I... oh I kind of know I can't do that.' She doesn't even have that. She just goes anywhere she tries."

Jimmy Iovine: "People don’t understand what a good singer you are...‘People really don’t understand you’re an amazing singer."

November 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Great?

Blame the judges? Haley is a "1 trick pony". No range to her voice, always the same. Now that's boring. There has been no "growth" to her at all. Another thing, what is that she does with her arm all the time? She looks like a dang monkey in a zoo! Ewwww! I hope she goes away 2nite!

May 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

You're obviously deaf dumb and blind

May 19, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • cookiesforboots

Haley has been on stage since she was little. This is no freshman.
      The reason you don't see growth is because she already knows what she's doing.
      Remember Daughtry? No growth either– because he was already great.

May 19, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

If anybody is a "1 trick pony" it's boring Scotty. Listening to him sing is like watching paint dry!

May 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scotty

Wow, a more meritless statement couldn't have been uttered by your pie hole. Haley has actually taken chances with the songs she sang, while the other two country bumkins haven't ventured one inch away from their safe (and EXTREMELY BORING) zone.

I can remember my dad telling me how most kids in the 50's thought Pat Boone & the other cover singers were so good, while the cool kids went out their way to obtain the hard-to-find original recordings made by Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Bo Diddley.

I bet you think Pat Boone is an icon of American Music.

Sad and pathetic.

And I bet you think it's so cool that Scotty proudly wears a torture symbol across his chest for all to see. Wouldn't it be great if his cross had real Jebus blood dripping from it?

Praise the Lord, and pass the stupidity!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tonysgirl1959

I will be soooo happy if Haley finally goes! I picked Lauren and Scotty to face off, since their first day at the auditions. I'm serious! I've never come this close before to actually picking the final 2! I hope I was right. And I will be happy with either Lauren or Scotty to win. They're both fantastic.

May 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. m&m

The two songs selected for Haley were much more technically difficult than those chosen for the other two contestants. Was that because she is so much more talented? Don't get me wrong, I like the other two, but Haley is the only one left that is a real artist versus just a singer. I hope she stays.

May 19, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. doug

you can blame the judges for choosing that Alanis Morrisette song...terrible. Haley sounded great during the chorus, but the rest was bad.

I hope Haley makes it through...don't really like country music. Maybe my 3,500 votes put her over the top LOL!

May 19, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. todd

If it's Hailey, then a lot of us who are bored to death with country music will be tuning out for the finale for sure.. She was great last night.

May 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jessica

i agree haley is defently staying she will be the next beyonce haha but wayyyyy better :)

May 19, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • moon627

If it comes down to the 2 country crooners i will not bother to watch the finale – – it doesnt matter which of those 2 wins since theyre both boring

May 19, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Gotta agree – it will be a very boring finale if it's Scotty and Lauren. I won't be watching the Idol finale for the first time since the show started 10 years ago. Good luck to Haley though!

May 19, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • roguerye

AT&T is a crock. All Idols except one have been from the southern AT&T states and yet again. Haley is better than J-LO and Loren combined LOL, These two country tween (gomer pyle and tammy faye baker jr) are a crock with no RANGE...who have glided through the entire show lwith the judges like they are the producers kids.

May 20, 2011 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  25. Peace

I have to say, your other article today has caused quite a stir! They are still blogging! Very amusing! As for tonight, I have to agree w/you about Haley. Very close to finding out! My fingers are crossed for "you know who" to finally leave!! C-ya!

May 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jelisa

YAAAAAAY LISA ! : )

May 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jelisa

I bet 50 dollars it will be Haley. I like all 3 though.

May 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |