'American Idol' is a little bit country now
May 19th, 2011

'American Idol' is a little bit country now

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

Well, well, well. I'm feeling a little big smug right now. Are you?

I called who would be going home out of the Top 3 and I think it was the right decision.

Do you?Haley was cool and all, but I was soooo looking forward to a finale featuring Scotty versus Lauren. They both are babies and it will be the youngest finale ever.

Now the back and forth starts over who will win the title of  Season 10 "American Idol." I have to say, I'll be happy either way as they are both great kids.

Who will you be cheering on next week? Let us know!

1. Country Music

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am happy to express that I've a very good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I such a lot for sure will make sure to don?t forget this site and provides it a glance regularly.

May 13, 2012 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. kate

The final is going to be unbelievably boring. There will be no surprises. We know exactly what they'll both be singing. We all know exactly who's going to win. There's really no point in watching. So I won't.

May 24, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey

For the moaners and groaners it is going to be Country Music with Scotty and Lauren whether you watch or are satisfied or not. The greatest voter ever for a non-final vote is not reached with some teeny fans tying up the massive telephone company with multiple calls. Please try and grasp reality in stead of your hate filled excuse for flat out jealous nature. Who really cares if you watch or vote.

May 23, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. bob

Anything produced by fox is always shady. My wife could not get through to vote for haley. The final is a JOKE the best singers are long gone, I hope Laurin wins because she at least went out of her element in some perforemences Scotty refused to. Who the HELL does he think he is, he has not won anything and has no right to dictate.They both are nice kids and wish them well. PS. I totally hate COUNTRY MUSIC I want to take prosac after listning to it and I'am not depressed. I can't wait to hear Scotty's new single Tammy it hurts so bad cause your daddy shoved a 12 gauge up my ass

May 22, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. DFWDelia

For the first time I am kind of thinking I'll not watch next week. This is supposed to be a pop show and it has been taken over by country music lovers. What happened? I don't get it at all.

May 22, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. ALVISO

Scotty and Lauren suck!!!!!!! .....Haley was the best and J lo knew it....that's why she was so jealous of her cuz Haley can actually sing....J LO is a hater , i don't like her anymore!!!!!!

May 21, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. clinton

Anyone who thinks HALEY can't sing – just listen to- I Who Have Nothing, on headphones – AWESOME.
    Good luck to alfred e newman and miss piggy – (I tore my pantyhose, OH MY GOSH ) – countrykidstuff.
    When is X Factor starting anyway, can't wait !!! My prediction – Haley will be a nationwide star and the other two will still be chewin the fat in Nashville.

May 21, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. COUNTRY STAR

WAHWAHWAHWAHWAH! COUNTRY MUSIC REIGHNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEHAWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO SCOTTY AND LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brian Butler

Here is the way I see it. I am a fan of all three and all three have really good voices. Haley is definately the more dynamic and versitile and talented of the three and I think that was to her disadvantage from a marketability perspective. Scotty and Lauren actually have an excelent chance of being successful because of their "typical" sounding voices. I was sad to see Haley go because, man, she can sing, but I don't feel the need to hate the others or American Idol. The top twelve are already winners because they have gotten exposure that they otherwise would not have. Namaste.

May 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. moon627

Count me as thoroughly disgusted – but not totally surprised – no need to watch anymore of this train wreck :(

May 20, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 1 question

All of u crying about haley, did u vote, hmmmmmmmmmmm?

May 20, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. whatever

To those saying that people have different tastes in music, so stop complaining. That is exactly the point of complaining. Only one "taste" will be represented. We will get 6 country songs, that's it. If you are not a country fan, of course you are not going to be happy with this.

May 20, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. shelby

I think Scotty will win, Lauren is just too much big hair, prom dresses and skillet sized earrings for me. She has a great voice, but the one thing I haven't figured out is what will be her style of country. So far she's sort of done slight variations on covering others. Can she be more than a Carrie Underwood wannabe? And she cries too much.

May 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nina

Oh Lisa, Lisa. You shouldn't be feeling smug. You just tapped into the well known fact that teens vote on American Idol. Most likely they will vote for singers they relate to. You could also surmise that contestants from smaller southern towns generally garner more local and vocal support than contestants from more urban areas. Thank God Haley was eliminated, because I dreaded her having to sing some generic AI song in the finale. She is so much better than that. All I can say to you Lisa is tais-toi

May 20, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KJ

Lauren is a natural born talent. Her voice is clean, clear ad not pitchy on any song. She will be more flexible in
    the different songs they throw at her where Scotty has one style and that is called stiff !
    GO LAUREN !

May 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. DH

I would love to know the voting demographics.......short on age, short on IC, short on listening skills, short on understanding what a performance really is.......long on liking country bumpkin music.

May 20, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lulu

@Heartlink – AMEN to that. Scotty all the way! Nothing better than a God fearing man whose isn't afraid to show their emotions.
    Although I will probably not watch the entire show until they announce the winner – I pretty much lost interest once Casey and James left the show. Until next season!

May 20, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. DH

You have to like country to like the outcome......I never have and never will. Very disappointing. I would pay money to see Haley....and..... I would pay money to NOT see the 2 finalists.The performances are night and day different. Scotty is BORING......somebody needs to grab that cross/necklace and give it a few turns to tighten it up around his throat.....might uplift his vocal range/ability.

May 20, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MAP

Whats wrong with this show is that the voting is not a true representation of the viewers. By allowing unlimited votes, that puts a skew to the tween vote. Just so they can say they got 95 million votes this is allowed. If it were limited like DWTS the results would be more leveled out and truer to the real overall popularity. In the end, the real talent of the top 12 will be successful no matter what, but I think it would be more fun to watch if the voting was on a level playing field.

May 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jenn3

This show ought to be renamed Tenn Idol. What a joke it has become. I think the show did well in restocking the judges, I like the three together. Personally, I think the judges should be in control until the top 2 or 3. The teens are mostly doing the voting via text and that seems to win out every time. I am a young adult an would not buy an album by either of these two.

May 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. bvoo

IDOL SUCKS... me my friends and my family wil NEVER watch that pathetic show again..... COUNTRY SINGERS??? WHAt???? they should cal it RED NECK IDOL !!

May 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Cassie

I will not be watching Country Idol – and may never watch again unless they change the voting on Idol.

How boring – I cannot live through 6 country (love the usa – he done me wrong) songs.

I am all for variety – but don't we have enough country singers out there?

May 20, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. Irish Bill

I am disappointed that Haley is not in the final. I can see how some people are turned off by her perceived "arrogance," and I'm sure that cost her some votes. But every performer has an ego; you have to believe in yourself if you want people to take you seriously. Scotty has a lot of self confidence, whereas Lauren – although she is sweet – is very immature. I felt that if/when she was sent home, she would totally lose it.

As for Haley, she took heat from the judges (undeserved) but she was a true entertainer and showed her ability to perform in any genre. In fact, my wife made an excellent point last night – if AI held a sing-off between Lauren and Haley, and each had to sing the exact same songs the other sang the last 8 weeks, America would truly see that Haley is the more talented, polished vocalist/performer. She commanded the stage and knew how to "act" the song, not just sing it. And the last 3 weeks, she had clear "moments" as compared to the others.

In my opinion, there were 5-6 contestants this year that had a legitimate shot of winning (based on talent); so the final 2 had to leave many viewers happy and many disappointed. Count me as disappointed.

May 20, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  24. Chucklehead

Just remember, if it ain't music, it's Country!

May 20, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  25. JC

Children, children...get over yourselves! "Country Hicks" come on! All the contestants were great this year, it's all about votes! If you think it's going to be a snoozefest, then don't watch. Lauren and Scotty are great, they are naturals, Haley was all about Haley!

May 20, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  26. Granny Kat

HOORAY!! Although I was totally ticked off after finding out James was eliminated over Haley,I have some peace knowing she didn't make it to the end. I like Scotty and Lauren and will be happy whoever wins. Good Luck to them both!

May 20, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  27. COUNTRY STAR

To all those who say they're done with watching idol , i say......THANK GOD!!!!!!! Then you won't be boring people like me with your whining and pouting!!!!!!!! Why can't you just accept who America has voted for? Haley and many of the final 10 are very good! , but they're style of music and singing isn't what the majority of America wants to hear or listen to!, and believe me , its NOT ALL TEENY BOPPERS!!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  28. Sandra

The final 3 were all my favorites, but Haley just has something about her... I looked forward to Idol every week just to see what she would be singing and to hear her. She has a wonderful voice! I wanted her to win! Idol won't be the same now with her gone. I know I won't be quite as excited to watch next week........ I do like both Lauren and Scotty, but to me, there is nothing "different" about them. The "it" factor is gone with Haley.

May 20, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  29. Bart

Geesh, how many pickup trucks, dogs, trailers, jobs, wives will be lost in this country croon fest of a final?

May 20, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  30. Pearl

Swift couldn't sing when started, still can't sing and Haley? OMG let's just scream some lyrics. Haley your no Janis Joplin and you sure aren't Adele. Learn to sing not squeeeeeeeechhhhhhh. You made my dog howl.

May 20, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  31. Sharon

Way to go Nancy, you tell them like it is. I am from South Carolina and I love pop and country music. I have loved Scotty from the beginning and I knew he would be one of the final contestants, my husband's favorite is Lauren. We now live in Mississippi and we love our country and our country music. Why put down all of us country people because we don't have money or material belongings like a lot of people. We are a middle class family but we are proud people. I am glad to see Haley go and loved the look on her face when she was voted off. She is a great singer, but she thought she was better than anyone else and does not have the heart like any of the other contestants.

May 20, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  32. WLM

Does anyone realize that Scotty looks like the guy from "MAD TV" the cartoon guy??? HAHAHAHAHA
    I hoped for Haley to make it, She is has alot more personality than the other 2.. Idol is boring.. Although I love JLo!

May 20, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jan

I will be happy for Scotty or Lauren–both are full of talent. I think the finale is going to be great and I'm looking forward to it–and to reading comments from people who watch it–Scotty and Lauren's hometown visitw were both awesome. I'm not sure who I will vote for...I'll see what they bring on Tuesday, but I called I felt sorry for Hailey and the rain and not that many people showing up. Where were all of her fans? I love that Hailey's dad got to play with her–and I'm waiting to see S.T. sing with Lauren since he said he would that first night! I'm probably pulling for Lauren more just because we've had guys win it for the past few years...Scotty could win me over.

May 20, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ruth

Don't you all realize everyone has there own taste in music, so are all of you haters out there , can you do better. I know I can't. I much prefer Scotty and Lauren because they sing not growl. Not disputing the fact that Haley can sing because she can but not consistently. She took risks but they were risky songs that not everyone watching knew, so how could you honestly critique something that you havent heard before. the song from Led Zepplin I hadnt ever heard before and to me it sounded like a jumbled mess. afor all of you that said yur not watching it ever again something tells me noone is going to care.

May 20, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  35. The Shadow

American Idol may as well lower its minimum age to 12 next year so all the voters can vote for someone of their own generation. What a joke. Two kids with talent but really mediocre. James Durbin is a performer and will be far more of a star than these two. Scottie will have his niche, but Lauren is just another good singer. The judges are to blame for being gutless.

May 20, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  36. Layla

I liked Scotty the first time I heard him. His voice is pretty good but he has no depth, he's SUPER corny and goofy plus he looks EXACTLY like that etremely creeepy MAD comics kid! Doesn't he?! I mean EXACTLY!!! Creeps me out every time!!
    GO LAUREN!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  37. New Yorker

I still think that Pia should have been in the final. To me, she had the best voice.

May 20, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  38. nd smith

JUSTICE PREVAILED: HALEY FINALLY VOTED OFF!!!!! Lets face it! She has NO voice, thus the screaming. She's DUMB. Has no CLASS. FULL OF HERSELF. And even has the "gall' to bring DADDY onto the stage. Haley represnts everything that is WRONG with our country. It should be James and Pia in the final, but as long as Haley is out, I'm Happy!!!

May 20, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  39. dilberto

I love this! Scotty tastes soooooooo much like chicken!

May 20, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  40. Gregbert

Perhps the show could be renamed to "teen country idol" as part of a truth in advertising campaign.

The kids sing well - but losing James, Casey, and Haley puts all the originality out the door.

May 20, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  41. Peace

Wow! A lot of mixed emotions here! All 3 of these kids will do just fine, wheather they win AI or not. I do agree they need to change the voting system. 5 calls per phone, like DWTS. I think if they did that, well, the results would have been diff from the start! Now I have to say-GO Lauren! Good day!!!

May 20, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  42. Teresa

I will be voting for Scotty, both Lauren and Scotty are both awesome, I was very sad to see Haley go. Just remember it was the fans who voted. Wow, they are just kids, Good Luck to them both!!

May 20, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  43. annoyed

I have to sit back and laugh when I read all this!! American Idol is not fixed nor are the judges to blame. America VOTED people, get a clue. No one said Haley was not a good singer/performer, she is. I think it is wonderful we will have a finale in which 2 young bright and upcoming singers will have a chance. They both deserve it, country, rock, jazz, etc does not matter the genre. It will be a great FINALE show and I for one look forward to it 100%. Whoever wins deserves it, certain people that got vtoted off early got the exposure they needed and will have a great career! Smile america, this is TV reality, don't like it don't watch it.....

May 20, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  44. barb

Scotty will carry it home to Garner North Carolina. They say they save the best for last and the final two are the best. They are not boring as someone before put it. The music you listen to is by choice. Grow up the, the votes are fan based. It just shows you that the final two have a larger fan base. So more people are enjoying country music than you think. It is not only people from the south. County Music is growing all over the world. SMELL THE COUNTRY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  45. nadine

Lauren has never once had a truly remarkable performance. How can she have beaten Haley (the judges victim for their bullying) or Pia, or James. I don't buy Lauren's act either. She was this precocious teen, loud, outspoken who the public initially hated, and then they changed her storyline, to a shy, unconfident young lady to keep her in the game. She lacks sincerity in every pore of her body.

May 20, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  46. Sunshine Girl *

Im glad its come down to these 2. Not only are they both very talented but they are young and can have a great career ahead of them. I see Scott as the winner. But watch out for Lauren. Didnt realize her fan base was that big.

May 20, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

Break out the baby wipes for the finale with these 2 – there wont be anyone over the age of 15 watching next week !

May 20, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Lori

The main problem with Idol has always been the voting by the public. I have watched every episode since Idol's inception and each year the voting has gotten worse. It's too much of a popularity contest instead of a talent based contest. Personally, I think that Idol needs to make a drastic change in order to establish some accountability in the music industry. Very few of the Idol winners have made an impact in the music industry and it's a shame with all the fabulous and outstanding talent that has come across the Idol stage. A suggestion would be that the judges continue to vote who stays (as opposed to who goes) right up until the Top 5 or 6, then let the public vote. This would allow for a fairer chance for those who put the effort forth and have proven that they are Idol material. Also, I think that there should only be one vote per caller. Hey, you only get one vote in any other "contest" (ie: President) so why should you get to vote as many times as you can in 2 hours for a possible music star? A few things for the Idol team to ponder. Good luck to the final two.

May 20, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  48. H-H-H-H-Haley

Haley just showed her mad talent with B-B-B-BBennie and the Jetssssss there at the end and wow did she do it proud emotional loss and all!

A shame we get no more next week. :(

The most wild interesting memorable crazy performer is going home. So many amazing songs this season. Now we will just have to wait more than a single week to hear more, that's life.
    Haley held her head up, a good soul who provided us with a lot of memorable moments, congrats!

May 20, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • moon627

ITA ! Haley showed alot of class on her exit. It wasnt bratty or arrogant – it was confidence. She knows she has what it takes and gave it her all for her fans. I know we havent seen the last of her or James or Casey ...

May 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  49. L Oh Well

SAD DAY FOR IDOL

We now have for the first time a finale where neither of the top two have had a performance of the night for at least three weeks running while someone who has had a top performance of the night and for ALL three weeks running, at least, is not in the finale! Has someone ever had the best of the night for at least three weeks straight going into top two and not made it before? Is this what Idol is about now?

But they paint a genuinely nice girl as a b and some fall for it and the judges pretend the Chosen Ones have never had a bad song for weeks and make Haley seem inconsistent (never mind oh merely winning the night for three or more weeks because naw that's not being consistent) since they'd go after her second best each night as if it were diseased (although often being very far from the worst of the night and sometimes close to the top) and the demographic is stacked to begin with.

Haley had some insanely tricky songs from moanin' and on her entire last night had difficulty off the charts. When people look back she is one who has some of the performances people will remember. Led Zeppelin granted rights to her for only the second time in the history of the show after they were shown her House of the Rising Sun. They just don't give out their rights.

May 20, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  50. Wow

Smug? nice.

But seriously?
    So it is thrilling we have a final where none of them won any week in recent memory??
    And both sing pretty much only he same genre? (Lauren might be able to do some pop)
    And one is still a bit to unsure of herself to even have grown this season as she could have in a few years?
    It's great to have the most mature and developed artist gone just two get two little country teens?

May 20, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  51. susie thompson

you say these 2 kids are boring i say they are open and honest and give credit to god and family for all the blessings that come their way so what if scotty looks country and lauren isnt twiggy i does it really matter they have so much heart and that my frilly people will take them along way b/c it does not go out of style to care about others to concern yourself about how to help people everwhere beyond ai Haley was too full of herself i was upset when Casey and James were voted off but they will be seen many times and go beyond AI Haley just needs to grow up

May 20, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  52. AL

All the exciting performers are gone. It doesn't matter who wins now, neither light up a stage.

Why would they allow 50 votes per person? The votes are meaningless because the voting machine is broken. This was my last season watching this Idol. X Factor here we come.

May 20, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  53. Nancy

Nearly every comment made on here so far seems to have been made by people who dislike (hate?) country music. Assuming everyone voted for their favorite AI contestant, they shouldn't be taking it out on the winners, because that makes all the "commenters" sound like losers. And I'm quite frankly fed up with all the comments about Scotty's looks. He's been called "Howdy Doody" and the guy on the cover of MAD magazine. Well, how about some of you posting YOUR picture on here so we can see how YOU look! I'm willing to bet none of you wouldn't win a beauty pageant, yourselves. People can't help how they look, but they should have at least a little control over how they talk and act. Most of you are soooo willing to run down how Scotty looks or how Lauren acts, but how about those among you who are perfect in your looks and personality cast the first stone?! I think a lot of the AI kids this season were awesome talent and will undoubtedly go far in their careers. But don't blame the last two kids for being voted into the finale. There are a LOT of country music fans out there who have let their voices be heard. Neither Scotty nor Lauren went out into the public domain and blackmailed everyone into voting for them. Not one of the other contestants who were voted off the show, including Pia, Casey, Stefano, Paul McDonald, and especially James, were the real losers. YOU ARE! Grow up and stop whining about who the last two standing are or who the winner will ultimately be. And if you don't want to watch AI from now on, that's not anyone's loss. They don't need to have crybabies watching their show to see what else they can criticize, anyway. Oh, yeah...don't let the door hit you in the diaper on the way out! And if you dropped your binky, there are plenty more where that one came from. So go suck your thumb and complain about something somewhere else. No matter WHO wins AI this season, if it had been YOU on the show, could you have done any better? I doubt it. In fact, you probably wouldn't have made it past the auditions. So grow up and get yourself a hobby besides making fun of people and saying you're bored and you don't like the way the world is turning!

May 20, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Ruth

Nancy,
      Wonderfully said!!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

We are protected by the FIRST AMEDNMENT so we can whine and complain all we want. If you don't like it, go to another forum where every comment is rosey. Enjoy country boring Idol!

May 20, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Nancy – well said! VERY well said!!!

@Dan – You should check your facts – The Supreme Court has generally refused to give obscenity any protection under the First Amendment Even if it was proctected – Common courtesy and decency should not have to be metioned!! You really think that kind of talk is what our forefathers had in mind when they wrote that? Seriouslly!!

May 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Christopher

Hmmmmmm...............................very interesting. I feel like I was voted off American Idol. If I had my choice it would have been James and Haley as the final 2. However, I will watch to put a period at the end of the sentence. I hope Scotty does a up tempo number like his Gone. the Montgomery Gentry style song was his best. I note this, because the performers with the electricity are gone, but there's a spark with Scotty. I hope Lauren sings her heart out for the people that lost their homes. Lauren will feel this and sing it out with her heart. Oh well........................

May 20, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  55. Kris

Because that's what America's music scene needs: More twangy country bullshize to go with the horrible top 40 garbage. I can't wait to study abroad in Finland.

May 20, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |

Enjoy your trip!
      btw – Europeon top 40 is way worse than it is here! After 7 years in Europe – I was glad to get back to REAL music!

May 20, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. CCOTP

Are you KIDDING me? Scotty SUCKS! He looks like Howdy Doody and when he actually had to sing a ballad where he had to show his range he felt short. The way he raises his eyebrows is just stupid and amateurish. I just don't understand it. Haley is soooooo much better at singing, showmanship and presence. I hope Lauren wins because if Scotty does I am really done with idol. The schtick with Scotty singing low is so stale. JLo what is your problem? Are you deaf? Unbelievable.

May 20, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

OK – I'll give you that the eyebrow thing is just plain weird looking. But how he looks is completly irrelavant!! After all – have you seen Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson??? Not exactly the picture of beauty! But, Scotty definitly did nail his Ballads – ALL of them!! His low note thing as you call it – Is awesome! Unfortunately he has not done it nearly as often as he did in the beginning.Let's face it the Oak Ridge Boys were made famous by that low note!!

May 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  57. nunu

it's not about country or what ever genre you like. talent is talent. im not the biggest country fan but i could always give underwood and pickler their credit. lauren and mcdreary just don't have it. who ever wins doesn't matter b/c even the grannies and pregnancy-pact making tweens who vote won't pay to see them perform because their stage presence is nonexistant. haley however is confident-not arrogant, talented, and has more passion in her pinky than the gemini twins have in their whole bodies.

May 20, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Haleys stage presence??? You can see the same thing exhibited at Strip Clubs all over America!

May 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bronco

An All American Idol...wow this is great..real music, 95 million votes set a record..this country, is still COUNTRY,,,love it

May 20, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

Are you kidding me? Country music nowadays is absolutely horrid. These two country cronies are only going to make it worse.

May 20, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
    • DISGUSTED

ANyone with a larynx can sing country music – its really a pathetic ending to American Idol – truly pitiful....

May 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jeff

Red State markets watch this show and send in the votes....and we wind up with two country posers in the final. Casey, James and Haley smoke these two in every category except red neck appeal. This show is beyond downhill. and next week's ratings are in the toilet for sure. Bye bye idol.

May 20, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Bronco

red state markets, lol. Sir you now realize that this country is predominatley red, farms, small towns and bbqs. I love it..go watch MTV2 for your rap fix

May 20, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  60. K

So wrong. America is always half wrong. What happened to choosing talent and originality? Instead boring and predictable. Hayley is awesome. No more Idol for me.

May 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  61. Lorider

Yahoo! We's got us a yee haa, moo cow final! I vote for the Trest Italianos, not them woodchucks.

May 20, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  62. Jasonoooo

I agree with mattyboy...James Durbin, Pia and Haley were by far the most talented vocalists. Scotty is a home-grown American stud but Lauren has been a disappointment all season. The American voter have chosen strangely this season. The Voice here we come!

May 20, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  63. bleech44

So it's Scotty and Alaina...this will be an easy decision...not watching! I think there's a lot of bias this season. Granted, Haley hasn't been consistent but the judges' and Jimmy Ivine's choices ensured that Haley have no chance at all in the finals! It's so obvious that JLo loves Scotty, Tyler has the hots for Alaina and Randy prefers anyone but Haley. The judges' picks for the country duo is so easy..."She Believes In Me" and "I Hope You Dance"...come on...the only challenge in those songs is not make them sound boring. "You Oughtta Know"...it's like the judges have set Haley up for failure – they know she is not that good to handle a song like that! Give her a Janis Joplin song and give her a graceful exit. Anyway, Haley lasted a lot longer than expected and it's obvious that the odds for her winning it all is not on her side. However, when she's good she's great. Scotty has a recording ready vocals, Alaina – never bothered...2 primarily country acts in the finals...I've got better things to put on my DVR. Depending on the guests on the results show, my TV will not be on Fox on the time slot.

May 20, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  64. yemanou

NO MORE HALEY ON AMERICAN IDOL? PUT ME INTO A COMA AND WAKE ME UP WHEN SHE RELEASES HER FIRST ALBUM!

May 20, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  65. person

That grunting chipmunk finally went home...she had no talent what so ever she couldn't hit one freaking note. Just because the judges give her the better songs to sing doesn't mean she can sing them well! And just because the stage lights up different colors when she sings doesn't mean she is a better performer. Lauren is so clean and very good singing and scotty can actually sing and hit notes unlike hailey!

May 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • lorider

Lauren is so clean, y'all. Makes we want to cry, y'all. I'm for Deep Throat Scotty, yaaaaahhhhhh.....Give me a break.

May 20, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  66. DJ

OMG...you children are too funny...like a bunch of spoiled brats....I didn't get my way so I'm not gonna spend 3 hours of my time so I can see my favorite singer for all of 10 minutes...They were all awesome singers..but someone had to go...get over yourself...and just enjoy the show..its more about the know talent and the Ford comercials anyway...

May 19, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. pscooper

Congratulations Scotty and Lauren! The two of them are a breath of fresh air during these trying times. They are both my favorites.

May 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  68. DrEdZone

Scotty, hope you win!!

May 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Oldie in TampaBay

FINALLY America got it right! "Miss Smugness Haley" should have gone home WEEKS ago. Nice to see that she was stunned by the verdict!

I will be happy no matter which one wins .. Scotty & Lauren are both great & both will have great careers, I am sure.

May 19, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Predictable

Maybe Haley can lend you a verterbrae or two from her spine since you hate people with backbone so much.

May 20, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  70. Tim

May 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Rly?

Am I the only one that thinks that slanty Scotty looks like the Mad TV cartoon guy?

May 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  72. mauidano

Scotty bores me to sleep...nothing special except the deep voice. Played it safe all series, surprised he made it this far! No energy or personality. Just a nice kid, next door neighbor, apple pie, Howdy Doody, church on Sunday, ball playing kid. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. Nothing that jumps out to say he could be mass appeal past the tween girls and their moms. Good luck Scotty, he'll win no doubt but BORING!

May 19, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Tammy

People PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote and make Scotty the winner! I have hated that phuqqtard this whole season and now he's up against the person that deserves to make mega millions, and blossom into a fine artist. Let her be the next "the one that got away" and make phuqqtard the next Taylor Hicks legendary let down! Let him be a 15 minutes type of fame. How can you phuqq Kenny Rogers up, and then the judges say they like it? FIRE ALL THE JUDGES, they did a horrible job this year. X~Factor is coming, and the Voice is here I forsee AI gone after next year, all b/c of phuqq ups like this year. The judges put really bad singers in there, with great ones and they minipulated EVERYTHING. Lauren, I love you and look forward to hearing your voice and seeing you in concert, but I sure hope you lose so that you can do things YOUR WAY, and go on to be the next Chris Daughtry and Clay Aiken, making more and succeeding more than the actual AI winner.

May 19, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Louis

Scotty needs to go back to the cover of "mad" magazine. he looks exactly like him. He will sell more magazines than albums.

May 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Konstantine

Quit watching IDOL after James left far too boring now. You have an overweight and a bean pole country singers neither of which our IDOL material. They have no diversity in their songs, no stage presence, no original music composition they are sort of flatliners. So would I be if I went to one of their concerts.

May 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Diversity?? since when are singers supposed to be diverse! I don't see Limp Biskit singing country, or Kenny Rogers singing hip hop! Pretty sure Snoop Dogg doesn't sing gospel!! Your comments are ridiculous!

May 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tripod

619

May 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  77. mm

Idol really blows!! I think I will just watch The Voice next Tuesday!!! Nothing on Idols appeals to me anymore, but since some one has to win I hope it is Scotty. Lauren is nothing but a pageant girl!!!

May 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  78. JackKer

Haley needs to learn a little humility. Did you see the look of indignation on her face when Lauren's name was called? And what was up with that comment to the fan that came to see her "thanks for freaking out"? I'm glad she didn't make it.

May 19, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

Yeah, she's all about herself, that's a for sure thing, however gotta blame the parents for that one, I think they stroke(d) her ego a little too much while growing up and even now. She's not THAT good, she's mediocre and I don't see her CD's selling too much. After the tour she and Alfred will be forgotten, guaranfvckingtee it!

May 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Yep! She looked like a big snot! Everyone else who was voted off was gracious still to the ones who made it...except Haley.

May 20, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  79. Summer

Haley sang the best this week, and last week, and the week before. No reason she should have gone home. Haley should be in the finale against Scott. I liked all three but Lauren just is not ready. I look forward to Haley's album coming out... I'll be first in line to get it.

May 19, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. KayBrown

well, now we have all week to wonder about important things, like..... will Scotty shave off his hair to please Miss Jennifer?

May 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. So Predictable

Hey Chris and about your knee jerk comments:

[Chris

Wow Patti, "tea bagging conservative right wing so-called 'christians'" – people like you who name call, politicize, and offer nothing but hate are what's wrong with this nation. Always thinking you're side is right and the other is wrong and offering nothing better to say but insults. That's just wrong. If you consider yourself a good American then stop living your life around politics and just go out and do some good, as an American – not a Republican and not a Democrat.

I never watch American Idol since I feel there are more important things to worry about, so I don't know who these two are, but you guys should actually take a good look at country music. There's no fighting amongst artists or fans – they all support each other. On top of that, they come with all kinds of political beliefs and backgrounds, so stop trying to label country as just a right-wing thing.]

YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICIZING MUSIC? What was that nonsense Scotty pulled when he sang about 9/11 the week Bin Laden was bagged? Uh huh, pure unadulterated patriotism right? Unbelievable tripe. Gross. What a shill he was for doing that. Talk about lobbying for votes from the country mafia.

May 19, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustrysrage

What you call lobbying; I call RELEVANT!! Something the judges are asking them to do with their song choces regularly! Regardless of the reason – To choose that song was pretty smart IMO – although, pretty confident the choice was made well before the OBL info was out.

May 20, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  82. So Predictable

Also, Haley gave all of the top performances of the show:

House of the Rising Sun (best cover of the song ever; amazing)
    I Who Have Nothing (brilliant)
    Led Zeppelin (best of the night by a landslide)

The other two never came close to those peaks. They have no guts. Scotty is a flag waver and Lauren is just a little girl. Haley is a hot mama with some brass in her back pocket and America prefers milk and cookies. So be it.

May 19, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • shellbell

So right! Haley grew more than anyone else on the show. She took professional advise and actually used it to her benefit. Scotty and Lauren came out and kept doing the same boring thing over and over again.

May 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@shelbel – "she took professional advice and used it" REALLY??? How many times did Randy, J-Lo say sing songs that are relevant, that people actually know! WOW – and she consistantly sang songs that most people never heard of! Such as those listed above! A song by lady ga-ga that hasn't even been released – of course she went home! When she did get advice she tried to be all snotty and defend herself rather than just listen and take advice! Scotty and Lauren came out doing exactly what the judges asked which was know who you are and be true to yourself – PERIOD!

May 20, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  83. KayBrown

Nicole Scherzinger makes Britney look like talented.

May 19, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  84. So Predictable

Boring. Predictable. Vanilla. Typical. The only one who was both an actual budding artist with real taste and an actual performer of merit got booted by the All-American voting squad. Truly lame, but hey, Haley handled it great and isn't pathetic J-Lo happy the woman she is jealous of got the boot? That woman was a piece of ice towards Haley because he couldn't handle another woman being relevant on the stage actually making real music and not the junk J-Lo and Beyonce are cooking up in their trivial dance floor microwave studios.What a joke. Haley has a real career ahead of her and the curse would have probably been to win. Scotty and Lauren and real sweeties, but they couldn't be more bland and that is just what the majority of boring Idol voters wanted. Everybody wins!

May 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Dexter Morgan

You would have to be a half wit...like the Hillbilly voters who vote by zip code...to not know that those GRITS had HIJACKED the voting in every week since the season began....
    Next year if you don't want the S O S........make it 1 vote per TRAILER !!!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  86. louis

Its all the country people who have to get THEIR music out there cause rock is the sound of the devil. I will NEVER watch country idol ever again.
    James will go on to sell more albums than all of these losers. My brother sings better country than these losers.

May 19, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Lloyd Christmas

Enhancements? What other kinds do you have?

May 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  88. watcher

I was a Haley fan from day one, so sad she had to leave. It doesn't matter now to me which of these two win. They both disappoint me. big *sigh*

May 19, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Chris

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that Haley is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time!!!!!! I mean, she stays and James leaves? I will never understand that! I thought for sure that James would win, but now I want Scotty to win! And even if Lauren wins, Scotty has a great future ahead of him! GO SCOTTY!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

She stayed because she got more votes! Amazing how you guys actually blame the contestant for another contestant getting voted off. I love James and was very sad at his leaving this corny show. But Haley wasn't the reason James got voted off. Besides, James is so much better off for not having won. Don't forget about Daughtry, Hudson and Lambert. They've done very well despite not winning Idol.

May 19, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  90. EJ

I definitely wont be watching next week. I wanted to see haley in the finals just to get two sides of music. I like country but not what these two bring to the table. Its the same stuff everyweek. so i know what to expect. i wouldnt expect the unexpected next week.

May 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • sj

@not cassie Your charge of calling her a mean girl was premature. you forgot how hailey laughed when Pia was voted off
      Idol. Yeah, that's right, she LAUGHED...NOW, who's the mean girl???

May 20, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. GoHaley

Don't know why people don't like Haley's personality? She comes accross as upfront, honest and laid back.

May 19, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • cassie

...and a spoiled brat. She is just like all the "mean girls" in high school that my daughter deals with. Bye bye brat!

May 20, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
    • not cassie

Wow Cassie she is a mean girl now? It's too bad a genuinely nice girl and fantastic talent didn't make it because the show got the weak-minded calling her names (speaking of mean girls, bully look in the mirror).
      From those who actually know about her, i.e. NOT from a few edited minutes on TV, you should be wishing she was your daughter's friend. She was not a diva or a mean girl!
      Although spreading nasty gossip based upon nothing real and no personal experience might make one question whether or not YOU were (and still are a grown-up version of) a mean girl.

May 20, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  92. Leland

Well, figures as much other than Kelly Clarkson the only Idol contestants that have done anything career wise have been country artist like Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler. It should come as no surprise that the producers would set it up to make sure that another country act would win. I figure there will be one more season of this, then it will be back to watching Simon and Paula on the X-Factor and Idol will be done. Good Ridance!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  93. dogs rule

PS AND SHAME ON THE JUDGES – ALL OF YOU- FOR JUST HEAPING ON THE SYRUP RE: EVERY SINGLE CONTESTANT FROM DAY I. I LOVE STEVEN TYLER, BUT YOU ALL NEED TO GO, EXCEPT FOR RANDY, WHO OCCASIONALLY HAD A NEGATIVE COMMENT.

May 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@dogs rule – WOW – something I actually agree with you on! Too much sugar coated crap from the judges! I should invent a drinking game for everytime Steven Tyler says "Beautiful" I'd be done before the end of the show!

May 20, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  94. GoHaley

Bring back Simon Cowell!!!!!! We need some honest judging rather than the false praise that gets heaped on some of these contestants.

May 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

The only good thing about Haley is that she WASN'T a country hick!
      COUNTRY IDOL – what a joke. If I never hear another twangy note it will be too soon!

May 19, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  95. dogs rule

Idol reeeeeally sucks now! A new season of: "HEE – HAW" (or YEE HAH)
    Sad that this show came down to a hillbilly standoff. WHERE IS JAMES? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?????
    Lauren is bad enough, but that plaid-wearing, road-apple kicker is just plain CREEPY. If there is a God, however, the Tractor Supply store and the trailer park won't be able to phone in enough votes to elect Alfred E Neuman the ...I can't even say it.
    At least Lauren is cute to look at, if a total bubblehead ("Ah caint sing 'Ahm evil"-people will think ah aim!")
    Good grief! What an absolutely ABYSMAL season. The real talent got kicked early. Never again.

May 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

LOL! too funny. agree; it will be sooooo boring I can't watch it.

May 19, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • shellbell

One of the funniest and most accurate posts ever! Haley is better off on her own.

May 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ryan

Oh god, that's just too funny – superb post!

May 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Try voting if you wanted James. He was great, but people didn't vote. He'll be fine. He also liked Scotty and Lauren I heard.

May 20, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@dogs rule – GIMME a break! you said that last year when your favorite didn't get the win! All you manage to do is try to tear people down if they don't meet your idea of "your" American Idol! Scotty is an awesome kid who can sing and has nothing but time to become an even better performer. The real shame is people like you who do nothing but tear down people with your childish name calling and insults. Do us all a favor and honor your words – NEVER again!

May 20, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  96. GoHaley

Ohhh.. next week will be so boring.

May 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  97. KayBrown

I think what may have turned many people off about Haley – – is that she tried to make every song she sang a bump and grind pole dance. I used to imagine what she would do if singing "God Bless America" – and shudder.

May 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  98. EK

I predict Scotty will win and Ryan will announce that Scotty has been the biggest frontrunner in AI history since the beginning of the season. The voters have been speaking all season; I don't think any other contestant has come close to Scotty's votes. Just my guess. We shall see next week whether my prediction is correct.

May 19, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Jeanine

OMG, just found out Haley didn't go on. So bummed. Don't really care which country bumpkin goes on, Alfred He-haw Newman or Country Crybaby.

May 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mark S

HOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! The growling mess is gone! SO HAPPY!!! Lauren will do well she is young but what a voice!
    She walks all over Haley for sure. Scotty is ok (Yawn) he has it made on the C&W circuit though.

GO LAUREN!!!!!!!!!! I love it. I won't watch next year though. The judges ruined it. I miss Simon

May 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

LOL! Oh, please. Lauren can't carry Haley's ripped panty hose let alone out sing her. I'm glad Haley got voted off boring "Country Idol" so that she can start her real recording career without having to be tied down to AI for seven years. Haley's "growl" will be heard all over mainstream radio while "Howdy Doody" and "Ellie Mae Clampet" will be marginalized on the country music circuit.

May 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Kate

James, please come back.

May 19, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • HawaiiChris

I, too, miss James. Downloaded his songs and they sound pro already. He would have made this an exciting finale.

May 20, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

I did not watch this week because I knew I would be upset at not watching James perform. I heard Haley messed up 'You Outa Know'. How on earth can someone believe they can sing a song that was written and performed by a great Canadian artist. I think that is so funny. Haley got the sympathy vote the week before. I personally do not understand why and how she got away with being so cheeky to Randy. Her time was.up. America did get it wrong last week so this is now a country show.... My bet is that if we who do not reside in USA could vote, the end result would not be as it is now. Since is airs in other countries, this is a sad ending. Yes, I am NOT a country fan.

May 20, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  102. Steve

Finally! It took 6 weeks too long, but they finally got rid of Haley!
    Haley may have talent, but her personality was a huge turnoff. Scotty and Lauren are FAR more gracious and respectful. Haley seemed completed wrapped up in herself. Instead of taking constructive feedback she would get angry and defensive. Plus it will be nice to not have to listen to another person screaming into the microphone.
    So long, little lady!

May 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Right on! Did you see her snotty face when she didn't win? OMG!!! What a brat!

May 20, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Flowers

WOW! Couldn't agree with you more!! How James went home before Haley, I'll never now!!! Such a snotty, self-absorbed twit! Tired of hearing her SCREAM!!! Never had any compassion for any of the other contestants. Her "voted off" look was priceless....as if to say....."No, you can't vote me off! How dare you vote me off." BYE BYE Haley. I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't this obnoxious girl!

May 20, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
    • AnonymousGirl

Oh yeah if I just found out that I was just eliminated off American Idol after making it all the way to the top 3 I would be all smiles. Why not rag on James or anyone else for crying or looking shocked after they got eliminated? Haley haters get a life.

May 20, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  103. mojet

Want to see a total nervous breakdown next week? Vote for Scotty and watch Lauren lose it!!

May 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Andrew

Scotty mcgreery cannot sing. How did this guy make it till the end? I won't be watching it next week, not because I'm so upset that Haley got kicked out, but because both finalists are not interesting. Scotty is boring beyond life. He can barely sing 3 notes. Lauren is all smiles and innocence, but again, boring. I'm excited for a pia, Haley, Casey album. But these two finalists, if they put albums, will be geared towards country. Boring. And one of them can't even sing. Truly one of the least interesting finales ever.

May 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Have you not been watching this ENTIRE season?

I mean really. Lauren started hitting it out of the stands in her first audition, AND she didn't sing ALL country the entire season, unlike Scotty BOY. I admire his shyness and his blushing @ things that were thrown at him and his home grown morals and values, but the kid can't sing but one note.

May 19, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@Have you not been watching this ENTIRE season? – thats my question to you! Scotty has sang different genres! He has sang Elton John, Elvis, and Motown just to name a few! ONE note??? Get real! Scotty has barely used his deep tone since Hollywood week! He has advanced so far since then.

May 20, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  105. rick

Ok so she didnt win,that means nothing.She will do well,What is with this vote as much as you want? One vote IM so glad the tweens dont get to vote for presedent.

May 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@rick – "so glad the tweens don't get to vote for president" – Seriouslly!! Have you seen the news lately? Maybe they should have – talk about America getting it wrong!!

May 20, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • hey crusty rusty

well there it is rusty – you've just "outed" yourself as one of the racist bigot republicans we knew you were. and since you love your country scotty so much just get a room you cornhole !

May 20, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  106. marty

dont feel bad for Haley. Companies are already trying to sign her to a record deal and because she is not in the top 2 she is not obligated to accept the horrible AI contract that forces them to stay for 7 years with little earnings. I will definitely buy her songs and James's as well. The kids that are left , poor things, are cute but really mediocre and boring. I wont be watching. Pia, Haley, James, Karen, and Jacob would have been much more fun!

May 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti

I hope so Marty. Haley can sing her tail off for sure. I won't be watching the finale. I just can't sit for two hours listening to Scotty with that boring low drawl sounding the same way. It was okay at first, but it got old and boring fast. Amazing how Scotty seemed to get a pass for not taking risks and stepping out of his comfort zone while Jacob was blasted every week for not stepping out of his comfort zone.

May 19, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

NEWSFLASH – Top 10 (11 this year) are obligated to AI! For the tour at a minimum; but several years after that too! For appearances on the show and pretty much what ever AI needs them for!

May 20, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  107. girlygurl

Like Haley said after she lost,,, We aint seen the last of her!! No way will I vote for Lauren....aw shucks....

May 19, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Joe

With all the great talent this year, these results are truly disappointing. The two finalist are nice singers, but neither of them have been bold or taken risks this year. Guess we aren't isn't interested in artists like Haley, James and Casey, who who are interested in stretching boundries and passionately want to entertain the public. I agree with the others leaving comments...no Idol final for me next week...

May 19, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  109. BB

Is there a worse show on TV? I mean really, Scotty is a clown.

May 19, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Scotty makes himself look so foolish with his moronic looks and spasms. It's a mic! Not a harmonica!! Seriously? Haley is so much more entertaining to watch. Watching Lauren stand there nervous, shaking, unsure of herself, hungry, makes me fast forward through her performances. I don't know how I'm going to be able to sit through an hour of this garbage without Haley's uniqueness and excitement. Sorry Haley. You deserved to win.

May 20, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  110. suspiro

Looks like I got my Tuesday and Wednesday nights back next week. It's gonna be BORING!

May 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

Same here. I wont be watching the finale of American Hillbilly. AI is going to see a major drop in ratings next week.

May 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  111. me

Look, Haley might be able to sing but with the songs she chose, I couldn't tell. She has very little vibrato and weak vocals. When she can't hit a note, which was frequently, she screams and the growling is just to make it look like she was really digging in. If she had opted to sing jazz, she could have gone all the way.

May 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

And Scotty has vibralto and strong vocals? NO. Idol is not a singing contest – it's a VOTING contest based on people's likes, dislikes, biases, prejudice, religion, you name it. It's not really about the singing. If it was about the best singers, Scotty and Lauren would not be the last two standing. Sorry to say it but this will be the most boring, unexciting finale in Idol history for many Idol fans.

May 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • vibratoqueen

You're talking out of your a$$. Vibrato is not synonymous with vocal technique – it is an arbitrarily occurring phenomenon. Many singers have built a career with no vibrato -ever hear of James Taylor?

And Haley's vocals were WAY stronger than Lauren the pig

May 19, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • ETHEL MERMAN

Vibratoqueen, you might, *might* make a sound argument but when you finish it up with calling Lauren a pig, you lose all credibility. As for James Taylor, Jackson Browne and the like, they sing to their vocal level. They don't sing songs that are powerhouse numbers that require a big voice and...vibrato! I agree with me about Haley singing jazz. That suits her.

May 20, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  112. ivan

Geez... Lauren sings good but she doesn't make the song unique to herself, Scotty is sooo country and it's gotten so boring (different fate for Pia who sings ballad all the time but gets kicked anyway), Haley is unique but gets bashed for doing difficult songs....
    AI for me climaxed on top 6 or somewhere in the middle and steadily and surely declined. They're both really cute and all, but you guys picked a darn country finale, that's for sure.

May 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Haley got bashed for doing songs no one knew or were not familiar with – not because they were difficult! She was told many times to choose songs that the audience could connect to – she chose not to listen, and off she goes!

May 20, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  113. yup

I gotta say Haley is hot and she sang that last song daaarn good and she looked so darn good mmmmmm mmmmm!

May 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  114. dave_in_altmar

"Clone Boy" verses "Wide Load" for the win!
    Yeah, I'll be watching anything else...

May 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Lindy

I'm happy!!!!! I picked Lauren from the very beginning.......no offense to anyone, but I'm glad it's Scotty and Lauren in the finale!!!

May 19, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Rob

I should add that I think Haley is going to have the most successful career out of this years bunch. Would LOVE to have her fronting my band!

May 19, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlygurl

Agree again!!

May 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Perez

Rob > I share the same thoughts > HALLEY will carve out a superb carree for herself unlike t other wailing preschooler!

May 20, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

The only reason you want her fronting your band is cause of what she was fronting! Haley was no superstar, I did enjoy her voice but she failed to take the advice of the judges and sing songs that people could relate too. Not many people had a clue what songs she was singing until Randy called them out.

May 20, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  117. Karen

Count me in the "will not be watching anymore" camp. Can't think of anything more awful and boring.

May 19, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

That is a bit harsh, I also like Lauren and Scotty, though I'm not a country fan. He is a talented singer and Lauren is great too. I thought Scotty's version of Kenny Rogers missed the mark, but his version of that James Taylor song was one of the best performances of the season in my opinion. And Lauren has had some excellent moments. I wish great success for all of the top three, and a few of the others as well.

May 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitsurugi-w

Haha. You guys are so predictable. "I'll never watch again." Sure. Get a life.

May 20, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  118. Rob

I thought Haley should have won, she is the best performer of the bunch and always interesting. And gutsy, who else would take on Led Zeppelin?

I think the voting system is messed up, you can vote 50 times? You have to be pretty obsessed to vote that much, and probably quite young. Did you see Scotty's crowd at his home town events? Very young. Haley really appeals to the old rock and roll hounds like me. Probably the older crowd is not voting 50 times.

May 19, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlygurl

I agree Rob!! Haley is awesome!!! I will buy her music! I love her bluesy sound and her dad can play that guitar too! American Idol has to change their voting system.

May 19, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti

r&b fans like Haley too. She can sing all genres. That's her strength. The future looks bright for a singer like Haley. I too will buy whatever she puts out because I like her husky, bluesy voice. GO Haley! You're a star and very beautiful.

May 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Yeah. The voting system is set up pretty dumb. But American Idol doesn't care about who wins, they just want tweeners to keep pounding those 50 votes out. Dancing with the Stars has the voting system right. Limit the votes to 5 each and you'll have a better result on who deserves to win.

May 20, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Haley hacked up so many songs. She sounded okay on a couple, but she sounded bad at least one song a night. Country or not, Lauren's voice was always perfect.

May 20, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
    • me

@cassie – lauren's voice was perfect each night only because the judges never dared say otherwise and when she was pretty good which was often when was she the best?? What truly memorable performance did she have? WHen did she have performance of the night?? You think Haley was off a lot only because that was the producer;s game. They needed someone to talk about and didn't want to tarnish who they guessed ages ago might win and who they hoped might win. SOme of the ones where they gave Haley some pointers on were better than either of Lauren's at times.

Even Steven Tyler eventually called out Randy on his ridiculous statements to Haley. As have former idol contestants. Even an Idol vocal coach said some of it got to be laughable.

Haley had a number of performances of the night and sang some really tough complex songs. People don't appreciate the skill level required to pull off some of what she did. Even Lauren herself said Haley had the best voice of anyone on Idol!

May 20, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Haley was good, but did not have the personality of the other two IMO. As for the voting – All you had to do was look at the numbers that showed up for each! Haley had 30,000 at the race track and only filled up half of a high school gym!! Both Lauren and Scotty had tons more people showing up! Of course it was raining for Haley – but still. Haley just did not have the following she needed to win!

May 20, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  119. Country Star

Just because some of u don't like country , obviously doesn't mean a big majority of America doesn't! AMERICA HAS VOTED!!! SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK!!!! GO SCOTTY AND LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE BOTH AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

That would be "they're" so awesome. ;)

Lauren was also one of my favorites, and I think Scotty is a great singer, even though I am not a country fan. So all is still good.

May 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Square

I like country music. Here's some good country for ya, Country Star!!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewol_nLrpuc&w=640&h=390]

May 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • City Star

Do they teach you how to spell out there in the countryside?

May 19, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • mattyboy

You actually believe that ?

May 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • notafan

I have to disagree. I doubt last nights results reflect a majority of America's music preference. To put it simply- all those country music-loving hicks have nothing better to do than sit around and watch TV two nights a week, and then dial telephone numbers for two hours afterwards. Not to mention country music is sappy, cheesy and fake, just like American Idol. The type of music Haley, Casey, James, etc brought to the show appeals to a crowd that is just not that into TV and the cheesy crap that American Idol displays.
      The judges totally sabatoged Haley by having her sing Alanis Morissette.

May 20, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Ames @ CountStar

Stop it! I'm a huge country fan, and both of these kids are just so-so. Stop pretending like Laurens voice is more than just "pretty"- she isn't unique, and has no sense of herself as an artist- she'll get roped into generic country. Also – stop pretending that Scotty isn't a note for note copy of at least 9 CURRENT country artists- pick a song he has performed, and I'll tell you who he was copying! REAL Country fans see these kids for the "just OK" singers they are. Neither is an artist, and they certainly aren't stars.

May 20, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  120. Tim

No reason to watch now, just give it to Scotty. Laurean is not ready, she doesnt believe in her self!

May 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Truth

I will be voting for Lauren.

May 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patty

95 Million votes so some of us were right. I liked James myself, I voted for him through the whole process and when he left it was Scotty. I think America got it right for the last four. I am sure they will all do well.

May 20, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • SAY NO TO COUNTRY CRAP

Its not like it was 95 million people – it was the same lame group of pre-teen girls calling non-stop. Shame on their parents for raising such retards !

May 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  122. ryan

How unfortunate. Haley's voice is so unique and her song choices are always so great and creative – she constantly went outside her comfort zones and took on the challenging songs. The other two are ok, but not on Haley's level. But the votes came in, so, eh. I look forward to Haley's album coming out though. I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

May 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitsurugi-w

Doubt it...

May 20, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • cassie

Haley was only good if she was yelling and screaming. She was always pitchy when the music was slower and she didn't have backup singers. Spoiled little brat went home!!!

May 20, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Nana

I agree. Scottie and Lauren are good, but they are so young that they don't give anything original to the arena. Haley, James and Casey did. Bad moves, America.

May 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  123. JIll

I am already asleep for next week. At least Haley could light up the stage. The other two bore me to death. Not watching. Better things to do

May 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Patti

I could give a rat's azz who leaves now. The season ended tonight for me. Scotty and Lauren are boring as heck. The only people who will be watching are the tea bagging conservative right wing so-called "christians" and hormone-driven tweens. How freaking boring! The finale will be a real snooze fest. Glad I won't be watching.

May 19, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

May 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Chris

While I don't agree that ALL country fans are right wing christians, telling people they should look more into the music because they all support each other doesn't exactly dispel that now does it?

Scotty will probably sell a bunch of albums as Country does have a large following and his lower tones and styles does give that throw back country feel, but to anyone who doesn't enjoy country music you have to understand why none of us will be watching that show.

My only question is will this be another example of a final where people who didn't make it to the top two end up selling more albums and being bigger stars? James will end up being huge in his genre. Casey will find success. Heck, even Pia may end up doing big things.

There was a lot of talent this year and a better mix of diversity of style than I have ever seen before. Just wish the fans didn't keep picking the wrong winners... Oh well.

May 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • bravehart

Not so fast, Patti. There may actually be a select few liberal/moderate grown ups watching and enjoying the music....please don't generalize the rest of us who do not share your views...

May 19, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dana

Well, Patty, you have no idea about people. While I preferred James to win and I am not a country music fan, I think Lauren and Scotty are adorable. Don't think I have ever voted Republican....

May 19, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • heartlink

you say about "so called christians" well, it is refreshing to see someone sing that isnt afraid to show their love for God. Scotty has my vote to the end.... it is time that someone who has a heart for God stand up and not be ashamed. the ones who should be ashamed are the ones who bash him for his stand!!!!1

May 20, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • sxvidrin

Wow Patti! You must be a tweener yourself! Talk like that only comes from a self absorbed little brat who doesn't know their head from a hole in the wall. To be proud of being a Christian has nothing to do with Politics and why you add the two on what's suppose to be a music reality show????hmmm, serious issues going on there. While I loved Haley, I agree that they were all talented this year and since she's gone I have to support the other two and may the best one win. Which by the way I believe will be a hard choice to pick. I love all genres of music, which I guess makes me more.....uhhmmm mature :)

May 20, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Ames @Chris

LIAR! You watch Idol, every single week – and flock to stories about it (just like you did today) every chance you get. It's so hip, and cool to be the outsider that says he doesn't watch. You're so unique- just like everyone else! I doubt there is anyone that has seen more episodes of American Idol than you, and I bet you iPod is FLOODED with past Idol winners, and Wannabes. You are such an Idol fan, that it eats at your soul, and you know it! I bet you have a Sanjaya tattoo right across your little heart!

May 20, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • idolfan

wow, that was pretty rude and judgemental Patti.

May 20, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-dog

conservative right wing so-called "christians"
      Well, pattie, I am one of the one's you sterotyped. Though, It is not as horrible as you protray it to be. I have beliefs and no more, I dont push them on anyone. I am sure you have your beliefs and people whom you look up to. I hope they all stear you in the right direction, help you make informed decisions, and make you feel good about yourself ingeneral. That's what it's all about. Not name calling.
      Hope you get the anger all out of you young lady, life is too short.
      For what its worth, I won't be watching either. Snorfest............... Haley all the way!!!!!

May 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  125. ED

Any doubt? Scotty was, is and will be the winner!
    Bye Haley, I love you. you were the winner in my heart, and will wait for your CD.

May 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Chris

I won't be cheering on anyone because I won't be watching a country Idol finale. How boring it will be. Scotty singing the same ole song the same ole way, with his face all screwed up like constipation; no soul, no rhythm – just plain vanilla boring as hell. Lauren is a good singer who can sing other genres besides country; she can become very good if she comes out of her shell. Poor Steve Tyler has to sit through next week watching paint dry! That rocker hates country music but has to pretend he's okay with it. Poor Steve. LOL! Good luck to Hayle with her music career. A very talented young lady indeed.

May 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • EK

Hmmm, Steven Tyler called it for Lauren the day she auditioned. He also thought she won two of the rounds last night. He has also been very complimentary of Scotty all season. I think he will be thoroughly enjoying the finale.

May 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Um no. Steve Voted For Haley two out of the three rounds. Learn to comprehend what you watch tard.

May 20, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • JERRY KOH

Don't Scotty reminds you of the main character form MAD magazine........comes with all sort of expressions? Can't miss that!

May 24, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  127. JMBnLA

Booooooooooooooooooring final!! What a snooze fest!

May 19, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  128. journalgirl

Scotty and Lauren are both great teens, wonderful voices and they have something special: heart. But, there can be only one, so I am going with Lauren.

May 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlygurl

I guess I will vote for scottie. I loved Haley tho. If Lauren looses, you can look for her to be boohooing like crazy.... what a bunch of crap.

May 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

Scotty and Lauren are right where they deserve to be........at the top! Some people can't pick out the best. I picked Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks and David Cook, lol, and now I was right about Scotty & Lauren.

May 20, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerry koh

don't you find Scotty (like the main character of MAD magazine) lovable?

May 24, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  129. Jeff

NO ONE. THIS IS SUCH BS. NO MORE IDOL FOR ME. NEXT WEEK LOWEST RATINGS AND VOTES IN IDOL HISTORY. NO JAMES DURBIN OR HALEY FANS WILL VOTE FOR ANY OF THESE BACKWOODS HIGH SCHOOLERS THAT CANNOT EVEN WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS.

May 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlygurl

I agree. Haley is Awesome!

May 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • hanna

scotty and lauren is better then haley was and i am glad she went home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

May 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • kroach

Yep, with you there. no more idol for me. should call it 'teen idol' – I won't be watching that show again, period.

May 19, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • disgusted

I've been a loyal Idol fan for years, but I'm just ill about how this season has turned out... With all the INCREDIBLE talent that was in the Top 12, how did these two make it to the final? You've heard of Billy Idol - well, this is Hillbilly Idol!!! (YEE-HAW!) Such a disappointment... I don't care which one of them wins...

May 20, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mitsurugi-w

See ya. One less idiot voter.

May 20, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ames

I get Hannas response: jealousy will always exist. Girls that aren't pretty always have 1 natural enemy: girls that are. Sorry you'll never be as attractive, or as talented as she is, but that shouldn't be a reason to accept the mediocre stylings of Scotty (guess how many existing artists I can sound like) McCreery, and Lauren (I sound like other artists too!) Alaina. – it isn't that they are bad, it's that they aren't unique. Their voices already exist in the Country World, several times over. Aside from that, it's not like you'll buy either of their albums – no one ever does!

May 20, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Ames

@disgusted – Hill-Billy Idol.....good one :) Made me smile.

May 20, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Vik

it is American ChIdol now...

in last two week two the most powerful and really good singers have been eliminated. nobody will buy any records from the remaining two 'finalists'. Their sounds, voices, performances are plane as a desert. There are dozens if not thousands of similar performers already in place all over TV, radio and internet. No one care to have a couple of more of the same. AI had become a 'famous child's street name – Marlborough?" street entertainment... : the performers have to be a good 'row models' for the children and it would also good, but not really necessary, that they can sing... just do not do pitchy stuff, go with melody. Haley was almost eliminated in one of the first rounds when she wear a short dress... too much for TV!
      american chIdol

May 20, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • sj

ok I love James but Hailey, are u kidding??? she is terrribllll and she had to try out twice, did you know that? She growls and looks good, I'll give her that but please, come on give it to real talent like James or Lauren or even Scotty...the REAL singers. I don't know anyone who likes her VOICE, you are the first, lol

May 20, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  130. mattyboy

I'm done with Idol......THE VOICE HERE WE COME !!!!!! Haley was by far the best of the 3... and the only true musician...Scotty and Lauren look in shock... What A BORING predictable final. THE JUDGES SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES ! Praising Scotty and Lauren on every performance... HEY RANDY ! NO WONDER YOUR NOT PRODUCING RECORDS ANYMORE !
    10 YEARS IN ENOUGH ! END IT NOW !

May 19, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Mitsurugi-w

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The voice? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's funny...

May 20, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  132. Hammer

They should put an IQ test before the votes, it'd keep people from the Midwest to screw American Idol again.
    Just saying.

May 20, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  133. dg

Its now official: Americal Idol sucks.

May 20, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  134. Marg

I agree with the comments here. Halley was the only one worth watching among the 3 of them. Lauren is still growing and the judges especially JLO keeping praising her only god knows why? and Scotty well he is good but winner material – I am not sure! I think this result sounds more like a fixing! Shame on your judges! and I thought this year would be different!

May 20, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  135. Daniel

Haley is voted off and NOW everybody is insulted ?? This season took a big nose dive when Casey Abrams was first voted off and was needed to be saved, then Pia. The American Idol voting public is only interested in mediocrity.

May 20, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  136. Ames

Wow – what a boring Finale this will be.....yet again. It isn't that they lack talent, they just lack any sort of "wow". Good singers, but nothing special, nothing unique, just nothing about either of these people grabs your attention. No one is stopping traffic during this finale- that's for sure! This will be the 6th consecutive Idol where we never hear from the final 2 after a year. Oh well- cue the Lauren/Steven Tyler duet that's been brewing all season, as well as Josh Turner/Scotty.

S5 should have been Daughtry Vs McPhee
    S6 should have been Melinda Vs Jordin
    S7 should have been Carly Smithson Vs David Cook or David Archuletta (not both)
    S8 should have been Adam Lambert Vs. Allison Iraheta
    S9 should have been Crystal Bowersox Vs.No one – they should have given it to her on day 1
    S10 should have been Haley Vs. James

May 20, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  137. togaman

This is what is left when the adults (Simon) leave the room. Sesame street. What a waste of time watching this unfold.

May 20, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  138. FRAN

Totally agree with all your match ups! Crystal was the clear winner last year and should have been the AI.
    Haley will go on to have a career and Lauren will fade away. Scotty although I am not a fan of country music will do well in Nashville he seems very humble and does have a nice voice for country music.
    The Finale will be a total snoozefest!

May 20, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |