'Idol' Top 3 come home
May 18th, 2011

'Idol' Top 3 come home

10 p.m. – Two out of three judges give Round 3 to Lauren.

9:51 p.m. – So why did Haley get her song choice text while riding in the car in her hometown of Chicago (without a seat belt no less).

The judges select Alanis Morissette's "You Ought To Know." Haley gives it a valiant effort, and I felt like it should have been amazing, but I didn't love it.

Was it just me or was it all strange with Haley from how she got the news to her low notes that didn't reach the basement?

The judges hail her for delivery on the choruses. But was that Haley's swan song?

9:42 p.m. – Lauren gets her text message back home in Georgia, and she gets to sing "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. I couldn't have picked better.

The little girl with the big voice lets it rip. She absolutely goes for broke with a few runs here and there. She gave J-Lo goosebumps (or as she says "the gooseys"), and La Lopez declares her the winner of the round before Haley even hits the stage.

9:40 p.m. – Dang, even Scotty is making fun of Randy's "in it to win it" mantra.

Scotty teases that his dad, Mike, has some pipes and is "in it to (fill in the blank)."

9:32 p.m. – Round 3 is judges' choice.

Scotty heads back to the supermarket in his hometown to get the news that they have selected "She Believes in Me" by Kenny Rogers for him. He hits those notes seemingly with ease.

It was sweet and Jennifer gives him a "good job baby," and Scotty's dad hits that "Baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low."

That never gets old.

9:25 p.m. – My verdict on Beyonce's "Run the World (Girls)" video from the little they show us is that it's visually stunning and no one performs like B.

But I don't love the song.

9:23 p.m.- Blow the dust off, Neil Sedaka is in the house!

The consensus is that Scotty took Round 2. Agreed.

9:14 p.m. – For some reason, I don't remember Haley's audition as much as I remember Scotty's and Lauren's.

I think I had made a popcorn run or something back then.

I definitely didn't pick her to make it to the Top 3.

Jimmy selects "Rihannon" by Fleetwood Mac for Haley, and I am so feeling her doing Stevie Nicks. And not just cause Haley has the  hair, which they remind us of by turning the wind machine on full blast.

She's on the stage with the dress and the hair blowing, and it looks just like a 1970s album cover.

For some reason, I feel like I am back in Xanadu. And yes, I know that was Olivia Newton-John, not Stevie Nicks, but that's what I think when I think ethereal.

9:03 p.m. – Jimmy finally gets his wish to see Lauren sing what he thinks is the perfect song for her,  "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.

She sure looks like a star out there on that stage. I keep forgetting that she is only 16. She missed her key change toward the end, but it was almost precious.

Wow, everyone is bringing it tonight. This is a serious competition.

9:01 p.m. - We have our first wardrobe malfunction - Lauren's pantyhose rip, and the makeup artist applies some glimmer to her legs. Ryan offers to help her.

Ewwwwwww!

I loved seeing Lauren's audition again - not that I haven't watched it a bizillion times online anyway. Lauren was 6 when she first watched "Idol," and she's all choked up over possibly making the finale.

8:47 p.m. –  I love the flashback to Scotty's audition.

I loved when Steven Tyler cursed and Scotty said "It ain't nothing I haven't heard in high school, brother" with that deep voice.

Jimmy Iovine chooses "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square, and Scotty is thrilled. Jimmy says that when Scotty makes his record in Nashville, there should be a touch of this record in there.

It's a great performance as he plays his guitar, but I wanted someone to raise the mic cause he looks like he is squatting a bit. Jennifer wants him to go back to the short hair cut for the finale, and Randy compares him to Garth Brooks.

We have another "in it to win it" moment.

8:41 p.m. – The common consensus seems among the judges seems to be that Haley took Round One.

Tyler says she got "her freak on." Dude is in rare form tonight!

8:34 pm. – Haley tells Beyonce she grew up listening to her. For some reason, that made me giggle.

Haley sings Led Zeppelin's "What Is and What Should Never Be" and her dad accompanies her on guitar. Adorable!

This chick is a major risk-taker, that's for sure. Beyonce says Haley is already a rock star, and I may have to agree. She operates on her own terms, and I have got to give her props for this one. She didn't even let a small fall during the performance throw her off (thanks J-Lo for reminding us that Beyonce has fallen, too).

Haley for the win!

8:24 p.m. – Beyonce offers Lauren a little Sasha Fierce advice to create a character to ease her nerves.

Awwwww.

Lauren sings "Wild One" by Faith Hill, and she's looking sassy. She seems much more confident tonight than I have seen her before. Perhaps she listened to Beyonce and she was rocking some Sasha Alaina?

The judges dug it and feel like she really connected with the song, which was a good choice for her. I think it was so fun because that's a song she would sing with her bestie.

Steven Tyler says America is ready to be "all over" Lauren. Ummm, OK.

8:11 p.m. – I think Beyonce has thing for Scotty. She's clearly a fan and thinks he's cute.

He chooses "Amazed" by Lone Star. And Mrs. Jay-Z thinks it's smart of him to unleash his higher range at this point in the competition.

Scotty looks like he was born to that stage. Amazing that only a few months ago he was roaming the halls of his high school.

And he's holding the microphone normally!

He's got the crowd eating out of his hand.

8:06 p.m. – I'm not even going to lie - I have a massive girl crush on B.

She's just sooooo super sweet and has a career to be emulated. And she looks gorgeous when she meets the final 3!

8:03 p.m. - Right out of the gate, I need to know why there is a dude dressed like a pooch in the audience?

Weird.

James got a hometown visit too and he looks well. We miss you Durbin!

Round one  is contestants' choice, and their mentor is Beyonce.

Oh yeah!

8:01 p.m. – Wow, lots of people turned out for our trio. Let's go!

8 p.m. – The day has finally arrived!

Well, not THE day, but at least the day for the hometown visits for our "Idol" contestants.

We get a glimpse back to where the dreams began. They were so young, and it seems so long ago.

1. acquistare steroidi anabolizzanti in linea

Questo è stato alcune cose interessanti qui su Grazie marquee.blogs.cnn.com per pubblicarlo.

December 11, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. acquistare testosterone

Ma voglio dire che questo marquee.blogs.cnn.com è estremamente utile, grazie per aver dedicato tempo a scrivere questo.

December 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Peppy

Well, that was a crappy song that the judges picked for Haley – only Morrisette can sing that song. Why couldn't they pick a Pat Benatar song, or a Heart song....or a Janis Joplin song? The show is rigged. They want Scotty to win – down-home country boy, since a male country singer has not won as yet. He's going to make it in the country music industry anyway – well, look at Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry – they made it bigger than any of the previous Idol "winners". Where is Taylor Hicks, Reuben Studdard, Kris Allen – or even last year's winner Lee DeWyze?????????? You'll do well Haley -

May 19, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LAUREN ALAINA FAN!!!

ok, so here are my thoughts: Haley goes home, Scotty and Lauren are final 2 and Lauren wins next weekend!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!! :o)

May 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. billgwaltney

I can’t even watch the show anymore without being annoyed. Between the karaoke contest and blatant product placement, like this gem of a Ford music video http://ow.ly/4YmVq, I have to ask, why are we still watching this?

May 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mark s

Lauren has the most natural and gifted voice. She is flawless. Don't like Haley.She has her moments but I would NOT enjoy seeing her in concert at all! Scotty has a VERY limited range. Good country singer though. Lauren has it all. My vote goes to her.

May 19, 2011 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. C_M

That porker of Lauren Alaina should go back to the countryside with her very cheap mamma. She has no range, weeps all the time, and is so plain!!! How do you spell Lauren? B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!
    I hope Haley wins! Those that have the minimal musical knowledge understand exactly what I mean...as for the rest, they should just abstain from voting and go drink their warm glass of milk as it's getting late!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. dm nash

James Durbin was on Jimmy Fallon last night with Randy Jackson, Jimmy & the Roots doing a version of Anyway You Want iT by Journey – good fun! (maybe online or youtube) Shoulda been the one.....Girls bested Scotty tonight :)

May 19, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sandy

I wish each and everyone good luck and I believe they all are winners in their own rights. May God protect and guide them through their journey of life. My favorate is Scott :)

May 19, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sunshine Girl *

J Lo sings pop. Steven Tyler sings rock n roll. No one expects them to cross over to anything else so why should Scott? Country is what he does and he does it well.

May 19, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. RokkenWithDokken

Scotty is B-O-R-I-N-G week after week. I can't even believe he's still in this yet along will probably win. AI is not a talent show but a popularity contest ala high school. If it wasn't for the 11-15 year old female crowd, he would have been out many weeks ago. Lauren has a good voice, but her maturity is highly questionable. Can she handle the rigors of being a star?

Haley is the only true talent-worthy singer left. She has guts, gumption, and soul and doesn't sing karaoke style week after week.

GO HALEY!

May 19, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. A

Let's get it straight. Haley MESSED UP THE WORDS to "You Oughta Know". The judges sugarcoated the heck out of that. And isn't there sort of a conflict of interest having Haley's dad performing with her? I thought there was something awkward about that.

I'm torn between Lauren and Haley, but I think Scotty will definitely be in the finale.

May 19, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. Soda

I am a girl and I think Haley is the best one left. I like country but I think Scotty and Lauren are pretty boring, I don't mind if either of the two country kids make it but I think the finale show will be better if you have a country guy/girl and one (Haley) more mainstream. I still totally think the top 3 should have been Haley, Casey, and James. That would have been much better. Plus AI has been pushing both Scotty and Lauren through the whole season. I think Haley, Casey, and Scotty will have the best careers out of this season. If I hear that "I hope you dance" song one more time I might puke. Too over done!

May 19, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. No One

I have never liked country music, but I don't get why people are angry that a country singer could win. Everyone has genre preferances and that should be ok. I like Scotty because he is realy realy good at his genre. I liked James for the same reason. Haven't been a rock 'n roll fan for a long time, but james was a very good entertainer. We vote for who we like, such is the attraction of interactive reality TV.

May 19, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mucho Donkey Dungo

The two ladies are fairly easy on the eyes.

May 19, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mitsurugi-w

If Haley survives this round I shall refer everyone to the Doomsday story on CNN's main page...

May 19, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • RokkenWithDokken

You know nothing about music. The best most charismatic performers already left (Durbin, Casey, Pia) and were replaced mostly by teeny bopper groupies voting until their iPhones puked.

This show is ridiculous. I hope Tyler quits next year. Have Justin Bieber be a judge. He could relate to 80% of the voters–even though Tyler rocks!

May 19, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. Rose

Overall song choices for them were all terrible choices. I did not like any of the songs chosen.
    The final two should definitely be Haley and Scotty with either one of them winning. If I was a betting person – Haley has this locked in. Her talent is immense and those that criticize obviously just don't know talent.
    Lauren should have been gone a long long time ago and I have no idea how in the world she beat out James. Talk about a screwed up voting system. James should have been in the top two!

May 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • RokkenWithDokken

Agreed. Scotty shows that any vanilla, plain, simple, non-risk taker can win this–if they come from the right demographic. Lauren is in NO WAY ready for AI fame–she'll crumble at the first sign of criticism.

Haley is a TRUE performer. She messed up the words, big deal, she didn't even pick the song and had to learn three new ones–perfectly–in a week. Haley bashers: you try to pull it off.

James Durbin is the uncrowned champion.

Is it any wonder AI never releases vote counts, sources, etc.

Can you say "The fix is in???"

May 19, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  18. Brian

Haley is the best singer of the three. J Lo is not a fan – so obviously a Lauren fan , but again...that seems to be a chick thing (to hate on Haley). I see Scotty going home and Lauren beating Haley in the final, but not because she's a better singeror performer, but because she is more likable.

May 18, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Julie

The whole thing sucks without James!!!

May 18, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Chris

There is a new show coming to FX called "Wilfred". Wilfred is a dog. Wilfred is played by, well, I don't know his name, but he is a human. There's your guy dressed as a pooch in the audience. And I want Scotty to win! Go Scotty!

May 18, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitsurugi-w

Haley sound like a dog at the moment of impact with a car on the highway...

May 19, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  21. Rosemary

Haley is the best. Scotty must go because he can only sing country and that is it. I also don't like his personality. He is arrogant. I didn't like him from the moment that they threw that one young boy out of their group. I don't buy it that he was sorry for that. Some of you are hating on Haley because she is confident. I like Lauren but she acts so young. I know she is young. She is good, just not as good as Haley. Interesting that some of you say that you are going to stop watching the show but you still take out time to blog on here.

May 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. journalgirl

I have a very bad feeling about this... everytime a bunch of people blog about how much they dislike, hate one of the contestants, THAT person wins. That said, I like Lauren – she has grown so much throughout the season and takes criticism well. I hope she wins!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I would be ok with a Lauren win. She's shown she has the chops to sing other genres of music besides country. Look at her audition. It probably outshines any of her performances and it was a pop song.

Scotty is a one-trick pony. He's not original and he's banking on the tween and grandma votes. Can't understand the fascination with this Alfred E Newman.

May 18, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • RokkenWithDokken

Lauren is WAY too immature to win AI and handle all the pressure that comes with it. Her eyes well up every time the judges critique her good or bad. She's too young. It's not her fault but this biz will eat her up.

Scotty is such a simpleton I can't believe he wasn't voted out 8 weeks ago. He has no charisma or pizazz.

HALEY is the only true talent that has the kahunas to do what it takes to win.

AI needs to reel in the vote each week to 50/50; judges and public. America cannot be trusted–they voted GWB into the white house TWICE!!

May 19, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. Cass

I'm pulling for Scotty. He's been my favorite since the first auditions. And I really think he's grown a lot from being on the show. Either way, he'll have a great country career! I think he's great.

May 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Olivia

For those saying that Halye deserves to go home – you're crazy! That girl rocks! I think they're all good, but she can rock it!

May 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  25. the Dubster

tTuly good response! (Probably won't register, though.)

May 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jane

I thought it was pretty rude of JLo to award the round to Lauren before Haley even sang her final song. Not biased much are we Ms Lopez?

May 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Carol W

Scotty is real star material with longevity as a singer. Hope he wins.

May 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob C.

You mean he has real longevity strictly as a "country singer". Do you really think he will make in on the Pop or Rock scene? Really?? His career is limited at best.

May 18, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Yeah, maybe when he flames out as a country singer, he can start a boy band with Archuleta and Chicken Little.

May 18, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jahacopo2221

I was willing to give Haley the benefit of the doubt with her last song...so many of the songs she has sung thus far, I have not been familiar enough with to judge accurately her performance, but this Alanis song I know like the back of my hand....and Haley didn't really deliver...her choruses were the highlight of the song, but even they were just alright...I think Haley is a very talented singer, but her smoky blues-y sound seems better suited to a jazz or blues club...I don't see her being a nationwide radio success....so, I guess I've got my fingers crossed for Scotty and Lauren!

May 18, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Greg

Haley – Guys love, but some girls bring out the nails. Funny. People should look at the difficulty level of her songs. Haley probably grew up singing Zeppelin, but not many can pull off that Stevie Nicks song and th Morrisette song is an obstacle course. Idol should hope they don't have an all Country finale. Haley spreads the demographic.

May 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Women can't seem to stand a woman with confidence, but love to mother the country kid. What else would explain the Bieber phenomenom?

May 18, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Case

Good-BYE Scotty. Thats all I am going to say... BESIDES LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

May 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bob

Really America? A poor man's Josh Turner is your choice for American Idol? Nothing original about this kid. The original is in Nashville and doing it 5 times better. This show used to be about discovering original talent. I guess all the good singers are either going to the Voice or waiting for X-Factor.

May 18, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Sandra Luccisano

I'm not watching now that James is gone. I don't want to watch two sixteen year old country singers in the finale. Hayley has a different voice and style, but with her, it's the same thing every song, so she's just as boring. I miss James – he should have been in the finale.

May 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara

I totally agree – James vs Scotty would have been a fantastic final. As usual, America screwed it up.

May 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bob

Why don't they just call it "Country Idol" and be done with it? Geez, can X-Factor get here soon enough?

May 18, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Idol Watcher

Closed my eyes during the final recap to just LISTEN to all three and for my ears, Haley is the weakest vocally. The Led Zep song was a mess...frankly, the only woman I have heard that can sing Robert Plant is Ann Wilson of Heart and Haley just doesn't have the chops for that kind of singing. I thought she was way out of her league on the Alanis song during the verse because again, she has a limited range and doesn't have much, if any lower range. She did pretty good on the chorus.

When just listening without watching all three, Haley is the one that sounded most karaoke to me. Just my 2 cents not worth a penny.

May 18, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Marie

I am an Idol superfan, yet I was in another room baking chicken!!! Show you how engaged I was :-)

May 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Get real

To those who think the women are jealous of Haley-you couldn't be more wrong. SHe has shown no class and seems to be extremely stuck on herself. Are you perhaps jealous of Scotty because his rich voice makes you sound like a castrated Mickey Mouse?

May 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evilqueen620

Love you analogy. You are so right. The men keep telling us women that we are jealous of Haley, but yet they slam Scotty every chance they get. What hypocrites.

May 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jenna

bob c. okay. You are right. I think you are the personality that must be. None of the rest of us have any validity. So rest well tonight Bon C. you shine!!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Bob C.

Sounds like Hailey just knocked it out of the park with that last Alanis Morissette tune. She's "in it to win it"!

May 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jahacopo2221

Have you even heard that song before? She butchered it! The rhythm was all off, her low notes were not there, the list could go on...the chorus was decent, I'll grant you-but most anybody can sing the chorus of a song-heck, even I can knock the chorus of that song out of the park, and I REALLY can't sing....I did enjoy her Stevie Nicks song, but the rest? Meh...

May 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. shirls24

i am sick of hearing the same old country music every song is the same...boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from first to last

May 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Resa

OMG This is the most BORING Idol finals EVER! Scotty and Lauren are SO boring *yawn*. Ah well it gives me time to go potty and make hot tea. Haley is the Best one this year... The lesser of 3 evils Hah

May 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. really?

I never cared for Pia, she bored me me to death! I liked Haley at 1st & voted for her. You call it thick skin or whatever you prefer, I'll call her snob! Its a personality thing. That, to me, is not an AI !

May 18, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Talent Agent

The Talent left last week.

May 18, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • the Dubster

That depends completely on what you think talent really is! Since the peeling away of the REAL musical talent (Pia, Casey), Haley is the last standing.

James knew what he wanted in entertainment, and therefore went about seeing that his performances were full of showmanship and entertainment, and, yes, there is an audience that will never get beyond that. But he lacked vocal skills and that has beem demonstrated.

American Idol is purportedly about finding and then sponsoring/mentoring the next great "singer." James didn't have that kind of ability.

May 18, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jenna

just for the record Bob c. I heard Simon interviewd and he said Scotty was his choice. Where are you getting your information?

May 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob C.

Just perform a Google search on Scotty Simon Cowell. His quote is the same on most every relevant site found. Where is your proof in print?

May 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Pat in IL

Ooops.....Scotty just sang something that's not country, and he knocked it out of the park! I'm glad to hear it, and will have to take back my earlier comment that he always sounds the same.

May 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob C.

Oh Scotty had no problem making the last tune he sang like a country version again. He has that incredible scoop up while singing the beginning of each phrase which is undeniably "country" sounding.

May 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cass

Bob C. But look at how far Scotty has come since the beginning. I think he's really come out of his shell – yeah he used to only sing within a certain range and only certain types of country songs. I think he's really flourished and expanded his repertoire.

May 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sploinker

really? really? Could it be she just grew thick skin because of all the haters and the terrible lashings she took for weeks from the judges? And for the record Pia was a same sound one trick pony. Period!

May 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. George

I think Scott should sing The Angry American.

May 18, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara

NO, he should sing Elvis's If I Can Dream, Peace in the Valley or Love me Tender (the ladies will faint)

May 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jill

Time for Haley to go home. Too much screaming. Scotty is the best and Lauren is a close second.

May 18, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  47. really?

Everybody liked Pia at 1st, then she grew a huge, stuck up personality. Now Haley is following in her footsteps. Most everybody liked her (including me) & then, viola!, she turned snobbish & stuck on herself. Nothing to do with her looks, PERIOD! You can make your ignorant comments & call women fat cows with no life, that's fine. Haley still sucks & I hope she goes home tomorrow!

May 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cass

agreed! Haley's had her moments, no doubt. And I hate to admit she's sung good songs. But overall, I can't stand the growling or the 'tude.

May 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evilqueen620

Wow, I never thought Pia seemed stuck up or into herself. She seemed very humble to me, always thanking the judges with such conviction. I honestly thought the top 3 would be Pia, James and Scotty. Boy was I wrong this year.

May 18, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jenna

well that is an interesting observation since Simom said he really thinks Scotty is the one with talent and will be the next American Idol.

May 18, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob C.

No, Simon did not say Scotty is the one with talent ... Simon stated that the young kid with the deep voice (referring to Scotty) was the only person he could remember from watching only one episode. He also said he did not have a formed opinion as he did not really know about any of the contestants. If you look at Simon's comments it might be taken that Simon thinks Scotty is memorable since he sounds like a country singer which is unusual in comparison to most others. Perhaps Simon thought Scotty is a dolt.

May 18, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bob C.

If Simon was still a judge I guaranty Scotty would never have even made it into the finals. These judges have nothing constructive to offer. They are all a bunch of clones of each other.

May 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • KayBrown

huh? You mean the Simon Cowell who picked Carmen Rasmussen as his choice for Season 2? I think not. Simon is all about commercialism. He would be for Lauren and Scotty.

May 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Pat in IL

These three are very talented (except I wish Scotty didn't just sound the same all the time), but I still think that the final three real talents are Pia, James and Casey. They are true musicians, and it's a shame they were voted off. I'm consoled by the fact that their talent has been exposed, and they will have very good careers....possibly even better than the winner of AI.

May 18, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  51. jenna

I hoping that Haley goes home also. She is such a sham. Scotty is superb and yeah, so what...he is country. That is his genre. Just like james' style was rock. WHat about that don't you get? Lauren is also just super. I am so impressed these contestants can do so well going home and having 3 songs to do. WOW. Hopefully BYE HALEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dave

Haley goes home after her destruction of the Fleetwood Mac song.

May 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Bob C.

That country garbage Scotty does is killing me. Everything he sings sounds like a country tune. He has no other style to add and is a one trick pony. This is "American" Idol, not Country Idol! He has to go now!!!

May 18, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cass

What's wrong with him singing country? He's from the south and that's his niche. It's not pop idol or rock idol either. :P

May 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • carrie

You can go now Bob C, don't let the door hit you on your way out!!! Scotty rules!!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Well, actually the originator of this show was called "Pop Idol" in Britain, so it did originally start out as that format. It's only been since the success of Carrie Underwood that the country singers have come out of the woodwork.

May 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  54. TED

Yeah Matt. Thats what I think too. We are not supposed to say that though. The gals are jealous of Haley like they were of Pia. They dont like anyone prettier or more talented than them. Plus they vote 70 or 80 times each because they are fat cows without lives. Thats why Haley is going home tomorrow.

May 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  55. gbm04530

I like all 3 of the finalist, however Scotty is awesome. He is the kind of guy a mother would want her daughter to bring home.

May 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  56. alana

ehhh. this season was a lot better than last years...

May 18, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. DS

Hayley is the best of the three. I hope she makes it through tonight!

May 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. matt

i dont watch idol, show is kinda gay. all i know is that chic on the left is hot and the country dude is a talentless ass-hat

May 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Greg

Obviously, some don't have good musical taste when they diss on Haley. That was an AWESOME performance.

May 18, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee G.

Or they're jealous. Hell, I'm jealous, I wish I could sing like that! Go Haley!!!

May 18, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peyton

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO double sick burn to all you peoples making fun of Haley!!!!!! Your awesome Greg :D and so is Haley,Scotty,and Lauren.

May 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitsurugi-w

Hearing aid needs new batteries, brah.

May 19, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  60. tess

haley is the most arrogant, obnoxious contestant EVER to be on idol! if she stays, i'm turning it off. i can't stand looking at her.

May 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • scotchy

project much?

May 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evilqueen620

I so totally agree. I haven't liked Haley from the beginning. She'd probably be one of those horrible diva's who thinks the world owes her.

May 18, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  61. erich2112x

Just trademarked the phrase "Nailed It". Now Idol owes me.

May 18, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sunshinegal

Haley should have been voted off weeks ago. She is nothing but a screaming idiot. Jennifer and Steve keep saying how great she is but she sucks. She also can't take constructive criticism. If looks could kill, I was worried for Randy. She has a personality problem and sould get off the show.

May 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Abby

HALEY KILLED IT!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Erinn

Haley = Awesome

That was pretty sweet.

May 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  65. David

What a spectactular performance by Haley....She is in it to win it!

May 18, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • AllTalented

THey all were great. Haley gets my vote. A country show down would be boring

May 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Nancy

Beyonce will just be her bootlicious self, as usual.

May 18, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Peace

Hey Brocklee, I have jello shots, will that work? Lol !!

May 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. bonniegirl

AWWWW, poor Haley!! But the girl got up and did her thing! Have to say, liking her tonight....

May 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Not a Haley fan

I hope Haley doesn't get the sympathy vote because she fell and recovered nicely. Even before the fall her moves looked extremely awkward. The song was ridiculous-and I like Zeppelin.

May 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Peace

Good eve all ! Yup, I'd like to see Haley go home, too! Gotta vote like crazy tonight to make that happen.

May 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Brocklee

new drinking game... every time randy says someone is in it to win it take a drink

May 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jill

the dude dressed like a pooch is to promote the new FX series 'wilbur' with elijah wood.

May 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  73. KayBrown

I am so thankful that Scotty held the mic straight during "Amazed"..... it was really disturbing the way he was holding it like a flute.

May 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  74. erich2112x

Another year for country music. Scotty's a shoe in.

May 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob C.

Country is most definitely NOT in. Get real.

May 18, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • monkey

Country Music should be a category for people who really cant sing

Every time i hear it i picture right wing southerners wearing cutoffs and flip flops chawing tobacco and picking their teeth

May 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  75. bonniegirl

Huh. As much as I like Lauren, I don't think this was her best. And the judges were being pretty nice – I wonder if they just don't want to get the poor girl cryin' again....?

May 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  76. bonniegirl

Lol, Sunshine Girl – I get the feeling you'd like Haley to leave.... ;) I do, too, actually.

May 18, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonnieboy

I think you are not right, Haley definitely will be going for finale, dont really care Lauren (she is cheesy and like chezz ball), scotty is always boring. but we will see....

May 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sunshine Girl *

Beyonce will be an excellent mentor. I hope that none of them attempt any of Beyonces music though. Would be a bad choice for any of them. Really hope Haley leaves this week. Im pretty sure Scotts got it all locked up.

May 18, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  78. bonniegirl

I like Scotty, but don't know that I LOVE this performance. Was wishing he would have chosen Garth Brooks or something.

May 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel

I think Scotty is for sure in the final two along with Haley. I would like to see him sing some Garth as well- maybe some Friends in Low Places or something like that.

May 18, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Sunshine Girl *

Well now that James is gone I see Scotty taking the #1 spot. I think itll come down to Lauren vs Scotty w/Scotty winning. Haley should go home this week. Or at least I hope so. Cant stand her at all. The final 2 should be interesting.

May 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • the Dubster

The final two that you propose/prefer most certainly would NOT be interesting!

May 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • carrie

I agree!

May 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee G.

I really do love Scotty, but I think Haley rocks the house!!!

May 18, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I guess that depends on if you want a showdown or a hoedown.

May 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Does it matter

Great job you tree hugging hicks, you managed to kick out all the minorities and all the real talent. Haley will be gone because she does not fit the profile of a good christian like scotty and his stupid stupid look and of course who can forget porky. For some reason she just annoys the living crap out of me and her stupid stupid smile, oh and don't forget her fake mother trying to pass as her sister. What a joke this season has turned out to be, no wonder Simon left the show. The voting system is a complete joke, they should consider taking a page out of Dancing with the stars.

May 18, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joyce

no one left is interesting. and to think they had such a good line up this season. oh well. casey and james should have been in the final.

May 19, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • nancy

I wholeheartedley agree that the remaining two should be Scotty and Lauren

May 19, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
    • CDS

Hey, Does it Matter, you are so wrong. On American Idol you vote FOR someone not against him/her. If the minority contestants and the ones you consider "real talent" are gone, it's because not enough people VOTED FOR them.
      Personally, I'd like the finals to be Hailey & Scotty. Otherwise it might as well be "I want to be a Country Star" instead of American Idol.

May 19, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |