Down to the Top 3 on 'American Idol'
May 18th, 2011

Down to the Top 3 on 'American Idol'

Sorry, James Durbin.

You are no longer with us on "Idol," so I had to cut you out of the above photo because I just couldn't resist a look back at the crazy that was last week's show, thanks to Lady Gaga.

Tonight the final three head back to their hometowns in what will be the last performance show before the finale. Time flew quickly, didn't it?Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart are going to have to go big or go home – literally. They will have three chances  to impress: a judge's choice, a pick from mentor Jimmy Iovine and a choice of their own. I can't wait!

Our young ladies just may be taking Beyonce's new anthem "Run the World (Girls)" to heart, and the video for the single is scheduled to premiere tonight on "Idol." Join me as a live blog the show.

1. javi

High school talent show

May 24, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Konstantine

I will not watch the program it lost it quality and James was put out. These three are the most boring of the boring its too bad that one of them will will Idol.

May 19, 2011 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sunshine Girl *

Haley sucks. Period. Nothing more to say about that. Scott is clearly the winner.

May 19, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. JoCCC

James Rocks!! !!

May 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. nunu

HALEY ROCKS!!! BIOTCHES!!!

May 18, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • amanda

I'm with you!! Haley and James were my faves! Now that they are gone, I'm indifferent to the finale. Lauren and Scotty are both talented singers, I just personallly wasn't drawn to either one. I'll watch the finale for the non-idol performances more than for the results.

May 25, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Chris

I still can't get over the fact that James got voted-off for that lame @$$ country singer. Now I remember why I don't watch this show anymore. BYE, AMERICAN IDOL!

May 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Will not Watch finale

Who cares now that James Durbin is gone, he was the only real performer left among them. I'm not gonna watch Haley's knock off Mariah hand gestures or Opie, or even Lauren. This is a weak group of finalists.

May 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • xfm

They ruined Lauren. She was a charmer in the auditions. Natural look. Power voice. A normal girl
      from Georgia.

Now-sequins, form fitting gowns, orange tan, too much eyeliner, too much flirting with the
      camera- ugh. Ruined.

May 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Of course you'll watch it. If your zealous enough to log on here and post your whine about losing the good-looking-tho-wannabe-rocker, then it's a lock you'll tune in for the finale´.

May 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Oops. That's "you're" not "your."

May 18, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TED

Scott is going to win. Id bet money on it. Plus i think he kind of deserves to. He is a good singer. Years from now he will be really famous. Even more so than now. Haley sure is cute though. I like her neat hair.

May 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TED

I really really think Opie has it won. He is a good singer and the only guy left. He will get all the votes from the little girls that vote 70 or 80 times. He has a lock on it. no disrespect meant by calling him opie – he was the nice young guy on Andy Griffith.

May 18, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SmarterthanU

BORING w/o DURBIN!!!!

May 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • PAM OC MD.

WHO CARES WHO WINS!!!!!!!!! THE TINNIE BOBBERS WILL GET WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!! NO JAMES=NO TALENT LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |