Jon Cryer 'jazzed' to work with Kutcher on 'Men'
May 16th, 2011

Jon Cryer 'jazzed' to work with Kutcher on 'Men'

Two months after the cancellation of "Two and a Half Men," Jon Cryer is ready to get back to work and is looking forward to acting alongside new cast member Ashton Kutcher.

As for his fired former co-star Charlie Sheen, who once referred to Cryer as a "troll," the actor insists there are no hard feelings.

"I want to express my enormous gratitude to Charlie Sheen for eight great seasons. I'm extremely proud of the work we've done together, and I will miss him. But I'm also looking forward to this new beginning," Cryer said in a statement to People.

His new co-star Ashton Kutcher, meanwhile, "is an extraordinarily talented guy, and his presence will be an asset to our show," he said. "We are old friends from our male modeling days," Cryer joked, "and we're both looking forward to being judged for our comedic artistry, as opposed to our exceptional physical beauty."

The "Two and a Half Men" star added that he's "jazzed" about the news that CBS is bringing back "Two and a Half Men."

"For all the rest of the cast and crew," he said, "I'm sure they are equally excited.”

1. financial facts

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I were tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided shiny clear idea

July 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Raymond DeBrane

Does anybody remember the lessons learned from replacing the main characters on 'The Dukes Of Hazzard'? The ratings tanked and never recovered even after the original charcters returned to work. Of course it didn't help that the scripts sucked worse and worse with each succeding season.

Charlie Sheen should have learned a lesson from what happened to Mel Gibson and Rick Sanchez. Tweeking the beek of a Jew will put you out of work, most likely permanently. Mel has enough FU money where he doesn't need to care. But I predict that Sheen won't stop spending what he's got left in order to continue his lifestyle. When the money's gone, he'll be a bum on the streets of LA. What a shame. As for Sanchez, I hope he finds work. He shouldn't be punished for his well thought out criticisms.

June 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ken

Replacing a stud with a dud won't stop the death knell for 2.5 men. I hope that Jon and Conchata invest the few remaining paychecks.

May 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Moi

Has anyone wondered why this show was so popular? Why it lasted as long as it has? You might not like Sheens life style or personality HOWEVER...HE was part of the reason the show has lasted as long as it has.
    The entire Sheen family are great actors and very talented. Apparently Sheen has been able to "hold it together" to be able to film the show all this time. I DO NOT think Aston Kutcher can fill Sheen's shoes however IF they make him a new character it might work for a short time.

When you have a hit show and mess with characters, you ultimately change the show and lose what winner you had. Charlie on the other hand will continue with other hits. I do hope he gets help IF he does have a problem. I am not with him to know for sure but will agree from his actions at times, it does appear that something is wrong...something may be something other then drugs or it may be drugs. He is too talented to lose like we have lost so many talented people.

Thanks for letting me voice my thoughts.

May 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jackie

Great. Now maybe someone will teach Kutcher how to shave and give him A DECENT HAIR CUT.

May 19, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. beth

why don't john cryer get replaced. don't worry he will be when the big Charlie get back.

May 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Who watched this show anyway?

I mean, it was a pretty brutal cookie cutter sitcom and will continue to be. Who cared about it then, and who cares about it now? It's horrible. My 4 year old niece tells better jokes then the clowns who write this show. Sorry, I just can't believe this show was watched by anyone. Sheen peaked in his cameo in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Glad to see his idiotic Torpedo of Truth tour is wearing our its welcome.

May 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Really

Epic Fail! The show will be cancelled before the next season ends. Even the losers who will only watch out of spite for Sheen will not keep the ratings high enough.

The shark has been jumped, end of story.

May 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Charlie Harper

First... This guy will never be as good as me..2nd He can't act... 3rd.. who cares about Demi...wasn't any good anyway

May 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mike

Charlie's a movie actor gone awry. He thinks he's too big for TV.
    Ashton will probably serve the role well. But, it will be interesting to see how they introduce him to the series. Maybe they could do a "Doctor Who" type of deal, with Charlie Sheen dropping stone dead to the floor, who then miraculously revives and morphs into Ashton. Do you think Charlie would agree?

May 17, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. heylove

The show will suck w/kucther.......NO ONE can replace Charlie. HE made the show. Yes, Cryer and the mom were funny.....BUT the show did work around Charlie and his natural sense of humor. The show will flop. Kutcher can not come close to Charlie and I really do not think he is funny or has the edge Charlie had.

May 17, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. HughGRection

Corn hole rim jobbers get a life and get off the internet. Who cares about a meaningless TV show? The USA is now a bunch of whining protest over anything clam bags.

May 17, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Trific

Good choice! It'll be interesting to see how the funny AK will be integrated into the story line-a younger brother to JC who's returning from exile?

May 17, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. ty

I am excited about Ashton being part of the show can't wait to see it

May 17, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. S

Won't work....messing with a perfect equation. All actors played perfectly off of eachother.That's why the show was #1. There is no 2.5 men without Charlie. It's not personal it's business. As long as he showed up for work met his marks and read his lines, that's all that should matter. It's not personal business... it's show business!
    And as far as Ashton & Demi....I wish all couples the best, but, I'd like to see if Ashton would have stuck around if Demi didn't have any "work done".... she's pulled as tight as a snare drum.....It's all an illusion.... Hooray for Hollywood!

May 17, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  16. fancynanc

I knew it was going to be difficult to bring in another character to the show No matter what u think of CSs personal life u cant deny the chemistry that the actors had together I think it may work with AK if his role is defined correctly and fans give it chance Although im quite sure there was no way the show could have gotten Robert DowneyJr i think he would have the best shot at making another character succesful if written well and not expected to be another charlie

May 17, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  17. corrina

Bring back charlie or rename the show one and two half men. ashton is very immature. marrying his mother has not changed that. all the stunt he pulled with a younger woman was swept under the rug

May 17, 2011 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. EmmaRose

Ash will be funny and I will watch! It is interesting how antagonistic some are on this blog.

May 17, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. sarah

I'm going to watch out of curiousity and hopefulness. i loved the show with Sheen but there's a possibilty it could still be good with Kutcher. guess i'll find out.

May 17, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  20. duh

I love how people get so crazy about people they don't even know. Who cares!!!! Turn off the tv and go outside! Quit living your lives threw celebrities!!!!!!! My goodness!

May 17, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  21. Teresa From Weatherford

I like Charlie I wish that nothing had to change. and for those that bash Cryer for wanting a pay check. Don't you people want to be able to live accustom to the way you have been living and be able to support your family's??? nobody wants to loose there income. That would be devastating to anybody not just Cryer. Charlie wants a pay check as well and who can blame him. I have always liked that 70's show. I think AK would make a wonderful addition to 2 1/2 men but to write Charlie out. That's just crazy! I have enjoyed watching everybody on 2 1/2 men. I hope that everyone involved wiill find a way to work this out. Make the AK addition and keep Charlie. I hope that I have not offended anybody.

May 17, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  22. Bobbb

AK is a dud. I need to see how they are going to write him into the show. I would still give the show a chance. I mean look at Cryer: "Cryer joked, "and we're both looking forward to being judged for our comedic artistry, as opposed to our exceptional physical beauty." Now see, that's kinda funny. AK is just funny looking.

May 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. BroadwayBaby

Charlie Sheen WAS the show. Cryer is "jazzed" to get a few more paychecks, but the show will not survive without its star. Ashton is a Demi clone, not a good actor, and certainly NOT a comic. Have you seen the movie "Killers" – he was amazingly bad. How about "no strings attached" – well, nobody saw it. No interest in this show any more, and Cryer should be grateful that he has any chance of any future job, due to riding Charlie's success for so many years. Just let the show die, it's already dead.

May 16, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teresa From Weatherford

And I guess you dont like receiving a pay check. I know I do. I need to provide for my family just as most people do.

May 17, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  24. Dick Gozinya

Why don't we have James Garner Replace Charlie like when John Ritter Left his show...

Why not replace the show with a good show!

Good Luck Charlie!..go do Movies! You're a good actor..go back to work....

May 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Demunn

Kutcher is about as talented as Carrot Top. He sucks and the show will suck with him. Why would you be jazzed to work with such d-bag?

May 16, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. pat

SHAME ON JON FOR NOT CALLING CHARLIE WILL NOT WATCH NOW NO CHARLIE

May 16, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jack

Sorry – Mr. Demi More is just not funny. Predict a season at most.

May 16, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. janetlaw

aaaaaaaaand the show still sucks so who cares?

May 16, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Boyle

Jon Cryer is a class act.

May 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mike l

I think it would have been funnier with Hugh Grant replacing Charlie. A long lost English half-bro. Who knows who their mom was doing and covered up and gave the kids away. Or maybe their dad had a fling of his own to get away from her.

May 16, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Sean mac

I hope they are, really funny, because it will be very hard to compete with tje show with charlie sheen. Good luck, ill give it a shot, but if it cant compete then im gone!

May 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ray

Ted McGinley will be added to the cast as well

May 16, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ernie

who would NOT be "jazzed" to suddenly and through no fault of their own find themselves working with Ashton Kutcher? (This show is already over and just doesn't [comPLETEly] know it yet.)

May 16, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ted

Cryer will be 'jazzed' to work with Kutcher ... until Kutcher starts earning more money than him.

May 16, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Studdmuffins

Fortunately for Kutcher I passed on the opportunity. Charlie bluffed and got called – too bad. This is what happens when you treat stars like royalty, they actually start to believe they're irreplaceable. He was excellent for the part but never should have been treated like he owned the show. It takes an ensemble cast.

I only hope Kutcher can fill the void effectively. Don't expect miracles.

May 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  36. booooogaluuu

CRYER is such a slug. Sheen gave him an opportunity of a lifetime. Cryer's so called 'career' was, to say the least, non existent. He was irritating in the show, and it seems he is just as self-centered and rotten a person in real life. He probably was the school narc, too. They should get rid of Cryer. Another gay actor could replace him easily.

May 16, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Studdmuffins

Yeah right. You act as if Sheen started the show without Cryer and Sheen's career was on the fast track. Think again. They were both chosen to play roles. Sheen's role, unfortunately for him, was not an acting part.

May 16, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jon from gun barrel city, texas

Ashton sucks-his films are stupid and he can't act. Period.

May 16, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. dude

where is the guy who's "winning?"

May 16, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Fokjou

Jon Cryer jazzed to work...period.

May 16, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. lanlguy

Jon Cryer is a true standup guy as judged by his last comment about the "rest of the cast and crew" who will now be able to continue their employment. He would have accepted anyone (Ashton included) who could have guaranteed the continuation of the show. Attaboy, Jon!

May 16, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Plum

I never watched the show athough I chance upon it when flipping channels cus I couldnt relate to its brand of humor. But I'm definitely excited about what Ashton can bring to the table. I think he's just what the show needs to appeal to a broader age group. plus I think the writers will have fun defining his character and I bet the audience will enjoy it too. Charlie Sheen has demoted himself to tabloid fodder so people are more interested in his crazy antics than his acting skills. Maybe this is good for Charlie now that he has plenty of time to reflect on his behavior, mend the bridges he burned and his relationship with his kids and ex-wives

May 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dee

Jon Cryer is a class act. He thanks Charlie Sheen – that ungrateful, egomaniac who insulted him and called him a troll.

Rock on Jon. :)

May 16, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  43. luna

I never watched this show but with kutcher I think I'll watch it now. By the way sheen is gone so move on and accept new talent.

May 16, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Tron

Nothing against ashton kutcher but there will never be another actor who can out act charlie sheen in 2 and a half men

May 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  45. rose

EVOC- DUH GUESS YOU WEREN'T AROUND FOR THAT 70'S SHOW!!!! IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS TO EVER BE ON TV! ASTON IS A GREAT ACTOR! FUNNY HOW PPL JUST THINK SOMEONE ALL OF A SUDDEN POPS UP WHEN REALLY THAT PERSONS BEEN ARONUD FOREVER.

May 16, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Bookenz

Ashton could do better.

May 16, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. accommon

I thought I would stop watching after they fired Charlie... but now with Ashton, back must see TV.... I hope

May 16, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Superhiro

"Jazzed"? Who says that?

May 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  49. clevercandi

Never was a Charlie Sheen fan, so I've never seen the show.

I might actually watch it now that they have Ashton :)

May 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Tom

This is not going to work out with this idiot. Charlie is going to have the last laugh.

May 16, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. macdaddy

Yall talk like jon is broke he wants more but he prob has enough to never work again I will give the show a chance but charlie made the show great

May 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  52. john

2 and 1/2 men justed Punk'd everyone.

May 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. @N

oh wow.mayb dey shud just cancel the show already.

May 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  54. SUE

I saw them together on Piers Morgan and she is not dried up at all. She looks better than ever.

May 16, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • agecounts

Yes, she looks good NOW and probably can maintain her appearance for some years with money well spent. That said, there's more to aging than looks. My husband is 15 years older and it never made a difference until recently – he's 77. We're at very different places in our lives. When she becomes "elderly" and he isn't will be the test. I don't think they'll survive that long.

May 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Cryer Buyer

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi33qezO6Y&w=640&h=390]

May 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Cryer Buyer

Hey moron, you've been posting this POS vid all over the place. Time to get a new hobby numbnutz.

May 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dino

Make Jake one of the MEN, and bring another little kid in as the half.

May 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • RC

Two and a Half Men is a # 1 show with a winning formula. Millions watch the show because of Charlie Sheen, the cast synergy, and the scripts. IInstead of taking a risk with this winning formula, they should all work out an agreement, surprise us with Charlie Sheen returning to his role as Charlie Harper. Sheen got a million fans in Tweeter in one night as compared to the million Ashton has till now. Sheen is a wise a.. who led the show with his antics.CBS and all those involved should think out of the box, bring Sheen back.

May 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Roscoe Chait

Seems to be some negative comments about Demi Moore in this forum. In my humble opinion, I think Demi is one of the smartest women on the planet. Why should she choose some washed up old druggie like Charlie as a mate when she can have a younger, clean cut, good looking and intelligent guy like Ashton? Time to give Ashton the benefit of the doubt and cheer him on. Good luck, Ashton. We're rooting for you.

May 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Pat in IL

2 1/2 was starting to get "same ol', same 'ol" because Charlie's character was getting too predictable. Ashton will be a nice change.

May 16, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Odavey1

Give the guy a chance-even though he still has stretch marks from bernie mac

May 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. sternies

Unfortunately, the show will be gone in 2 seasons.

May 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  61. SoFunny

Cryer, stop being a kissA$$. You would welcome anyone, its a PAYCHECK! Fool. Take the money until CBS cancels the show due to lack of ratings, lack of interest etc. Good memories with Charlie and the rest of the group. It was a nice run.

May 16, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Beautiful Vixen

I really don't care for Ashton Kutcher's acting so I'm a bit bummed that he got the role. I will check it out though. He seems to be a bit immature to me and not at all funny. Hopefully his role calls for him to act a bit mature and his jokes laughable.

May 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ashton Kutcher

They're paying a boat load of cash AND it gets me out of the house. It's definitely a win win situation. Now, if I could only find the old lady some work, get Bruce's kids off my back and nail Mila Kunis again, life would be perfect!

May 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Gayness

Dear Ashton, I want to ride your face.
    Love Charlie

May 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  65. hockeypuck

Let the show die. Everything needs to come to an end at some point. I did like the idea of Herb and Allen moving in if Berta was still around.

May 16, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  66. DexSF

There's no denying Sheen was a MAJOR asset to this show. He really did help make it one of the best comedies on TV in recent years. But he was a part of an ensemble cast and many others deserve credit for the shows success as well. From Cryer and the other cast members to the writers, directors and producers–it was a TEAM effort. I love this show and thought Sheen was brilliant. While it's unfortunate that his personal demons got the best of him and cost him the starring roll, I will miss him (and sincerely hope he can clean up his act and get his sh-t together!), but I do think the show is too good not to give it another shot with a new actor to replace him. It'll be a challenge . . . as good/popular as Kutcher may be, he's got some huge shoes to fill, but I'll be watching when it comes back and will be rooting for him to make it work, so I'm all for giving him a chance with this and reserving final judgment until then. After all, it's Hollywood . . . whatever happens, it'll be interesting to watch!

May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  67. FaceOnMars

Sheen played a quick-witted smartass narcissist with, ultimately, a heart of gold. Like him or hate him, Sheen was funny. This role is out of Kutcher's depth. Hugh Grant would have been a much better choice. This will be the last season of a formerly funny 30 minutes.

May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Heath

I was never a HUGE fan of this show, just because I DVR most of what I watch.....but the few episodes I saw I did like. If Ashton is, in fact, joining the cast, I am all for it. Actually I may even have to start watching it regurlarly. I have uber respect for him and his causes....and I LOVED the 70's show!

May 16, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  69. the_dude

Well since this show is about a bunch of gays running around he should fit right in.

May 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Dieter

Yes Ashton you are so angular and fresh. How is your Schnitzengroober? I need to be slapped.

NOW is ze time on Sprockets when we dance!!

May 16, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  71. omanko suki

Give the boy a chance!might be good!

May 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. nICK

CRYER "JAZZED" THAT HE'S GET'G ANOTHER CHECK.

May 16, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. wjeri

Cryer will be glad to work with anyone for the money he gets.

May 16, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. WOBH

It will be truly great if Kucher turns the role into a success and the show lives on for several more years. People need to watch the ratings need to stay high and the public needs to tell Charlie that we just don't need him.

May 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jerry

Cryer is just like the character he plays, no balls.

May 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Diana Galarza

I think Kutcher will do just great. Here In Puerto Rico we'll be waiting to see him on this great show.

May 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Go Get Em' Ashton !!!

Go Ashton!! I Believe the choice was right and you will do very well !!!! My family will watch, you are funny !! You can do it!!

May 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  78. joe

SO instead of chasing young women, they are going to be after cougars now? Hope they like people who can't act.

May 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  79. jujubeans

Ashton got to bone Demi regularly during her prime but now it's over. He should move on to some younger babe now. Maybe Lindsay Lohan.

May 16, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Elton John

Mmmm...with Ashton this show will be hot and I will watch it while getting a good ole fashioned butt hammering.

May 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. mecatfish

SHOULD HAVE WENT LIKE THIS...Rose kills charlie, Alan gets the house, Judith divorces Herb, Herb moves in with Alan. 2 divorced guys living in the same house and have the same ex wife. How in the heck could Ashton Kutcher have been a better decision than that????

May 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Tom Bruce

Glad to see Charlie go. His actions should not be rewarded. I had thought of lots of actors I would like to see replace him, but Ashton was a total surprise, and a much appreciated one. He will be great. But please, bring Kandi back!

May 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Owned

Glad grandpa sheen is gone. It's time for his old raisin ass to retire.

May 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  84. AlohaC

Awesome! Now instead of an old guy picking up on young chicks we can have a young guy picking up on ol milfs

May 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Jack 63

Scott Peterson was "jazzed" to be in San Quentin too.

May 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Stormin61

Too bad. I was hoping that they'd kill off Charlie or have him move to NY and force Alan Harper to move in with his mother (Jake on weekends). Now that would be funny.
    NS

May 16, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Chucklehead

Of course he's "jazzed" to work with Kutcher if it means he still has a job.

May 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  88. AGuest9

Ashton needs to just go home to his moth- I mean – his wife.

May 16, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. bob

Demi's boytoy woun't make it filling Sheen's shoes..

May 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Ral44

Great as one who rarely watches 2 1/2 Men only when nothing else is on actually . Aston should then right replacment for Charlie. at least unlike his last movie I just saw NO STRINGS the worst one yet! So he will stil be crawling into bed with various women only for a 1/2 hour stint instead of in a grewling hour plus lousy movie . He had bedded every young hardly or non talented star in Hollywood babe bunch n so many orgettablr movies so he is experienced enough to play Charlie ..
    I just hope he plays a character worthwhile and not Charlie the 2nd he will do okay. TV is his Forte'.

May 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  91. AGuest9

Cryer is probably thrilled to just be working. He and the kid have no other hope for income. Now it will be two and a half talent-less clods. Charlie and the ugly dyk* carried the show.

May 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jon Cryer

Heh, I'm just happy to still have a job. It is either this or a Don Knotts biopic...

May 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Nicksmom

Notgonnawork!!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Denise

I hate it that theres no more Charlie Sheen he def made the show, I seriously doubt that it will be the same without him!!!!! You will be missed MR. SHEEN!!!!!!:-(:-(:-(

May 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • grammy11

Charlie Did Make The Show Very Interesting,I Also Feel That Jon Contributed To Makin U Wanna Watch The Next Episode And C What Happens Next Between the Brothers And Their Datin Adventures!!! Gonna Miss U Charlie. ) :

May 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  95. PruDu

It's not goona work! No Charlie – NO SHOW! Chuck Lorre and all the CBS executives who made this decision are dumber than a bag of hair, (yeah, I quoted Berta), and THEY should be fired, not CS! NO CHARLIE-NO SHOW!!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori

You must like it on some level, since you quote the writers! You do know that Berta is an actor and she doesn't write those lines...

May 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mojo

The show clearly jumped the shark in the past year or 2 –but I am a big fan in general. This will hasten its decent no doubt.

May 16, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  97. clarence

Aston is not an actor................Charlie or no show

May 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Katie

This show was done a long time ago.

May 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Mammy

Hope they cornhole the first episode. I'd hit that.

May 16, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Tom

Before you make a comment abouth something, it's a good idea to know what you are talking about...First off, Ashton will NOT be playing "Charlie", he will be a totally new character..and as for gay or not, who really cares?..Simple minded people give me a headache!

May 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  101. sheenius

Kelso will destroy my show!

May 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Spof22

Boy, the real trolls got up early today! I will be so relieved when CNN and other "news" outlets realize what a waste of bandwidth their comment apps are. It's rare for a comment thread to go more than 5-6 drops before it deteriorates into 17-year-old B-and-B drivel but this one sets new records. Get out of your bedroom in your mother's house and, I don't know, go for a walk.

May 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  103. jon

sheen is a syphillis infested coke freak who will end up dead in a cheap hotel eoom soon

May 16, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Anthony Jack

That's so cruel Ashton is a religious man.

May 16, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  105. W

Sheen Duh losing!!

May 16, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  106. Bucktooth

this is a loser show no matter who's on it! NO Talent!!!

May 16, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  107. Jamie

The LOSER – Charlie Sheen – now has nothing to do other than post ridiculous stuff up on here. LOSER!!!! Won't miss you!!

May 16, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  108. noemi

I think sheen is a loser.he's done as an actor he is ate up.the writers made him funny.he's never had talent.he's a waste of air.he just needs to hurry up and lose himself forever.

May 16, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • John

If Ashton acts as poorly as you write a sentence, he's in trouble. Otherwise, I think he'll be fine, so just relax, little girl.

May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • mag

"he is done as an actor he is ate up"

wow, i do not even know what to say to about that sentence...

May 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  109. yatsy

I cant stand Kutcher!! Bring back Charlie Sheen!! Or i wont be watching with that idiot!!

May 16, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

There's another guy on this page who said he never watched before because of Sheen but now he's going to watch because of Kutcher. So change the channel...you won't be missed.

May 16, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  110. bringbackSHEEN

Bring back SHEEN no one wants to watch a preppy guy play a man!

May 16, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  111. Peace

How did I know this was gonna turn into a gay bashing board? I think AK will do fine. BTW, he's not gay.

May 16, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  112. KD

Ashton is married to Demi Moore, Jon to Lisa Joyner. Both are straight.
    I've never been a fan of the show because of Charlie, but now that he's gone I'm going to give it a go.

May 16, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  113. DEBBIE

dID I MISS somthing, john and ashton neither one are gay. Does CNN not read these before they put them on. my gosh, it should be that Ashton is to young to play charlie,

May 16, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  114. freddie

Sheen is an idiot and washed up. He was lousy in platoon and wall street. His Dad got him all his work-a born loser.

May 16, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Envy. Green isn't a pretty color on you, Fred.

May 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • phoenix39

So the show, which has brought in billions and has gone to eight years of production was done by untalented person who can't act? That's interesting and a little dumb to say especially when you see the statistics and how the huge fan base but, it doesn't matter. You soon won't see it for long.

May 17, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  115. ELMO RIFFCAN

You can tell that charlie sent all the comments in,or his staff of hobnobbers. Let the games begin and see how the show plays out.

May 16, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • John

You know you are the Kids' Version of a conspiracy theorist, right? Maybe one day you'll grow up to join the other loons in researching the myth of the moon landing, that only a handful of Saudis brought off 9/11, and that humans actually run the government.

May 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  116. della ware

Should be dumb, dumber and dumbest. Who is worse Ashton whos iq is pathetic or Jake stupid, no motavation and is set up to be a pant load. Cant write your self out of this. Losers

May 16, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  117. teach

Peggy cant win Ashtons heart. He came out of the closet over a year ago. I congratulate him on his braveness.

May 16, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  118. ZipperHead

Zzzzzzz.... Yeah, and Peggy makes a guest appearance as a MILF one nighter for Ashton who wins his heart and they move to Vegas, Ducky waddles off with Rose, and Jake is left all alone for the rest of the series as we watch him and the show slowly die via diabetes.

May 16, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  119. CELESTE

I WANT CHARLIE SHEEN BACK, THERE IS NO ONE WHO COULD PLAY HIM BUT HIM. THE SHOW WILL NOT WORK. THAT'S THE END OF A VERY FUNNY SHOW. I WILL MISS HIM .

May 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • A. Goodwin

Hey gay haters – grow up!

May 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stubby

Unfortunately for you, the last episode ended in the perfect place to knock Sheen out of the show. Charlie was taking off with Rose. This is a perfect time for one of their "cousins" (remember how they had many "uncles" growing up?) to pop into the show and replace Charlie as the lead character. Additionally, I could see them playing off the whole "Manny" theme of the last season by having Rose and a "manny" Charlie popping into the storylines from time to time. This would be the perfect way for Lorre to get back at Sheen adding a major layer of comedy and meaning that can potentially play out in the show. The best story arcs for sitcoms are often dictated by events external to the storylines and this is looking to be one of the best arcs ever in the show. I can't wait until the new episodes air.

May 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • What?

Why are you yelling?

May 16, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • GregHaus

Yeah, sure Charlie, or should is say "CELESTE"

May 16, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Are you really that dumb? Nobody is playing "Charlie"! The writers are writing him OUT, and a new character in!

May 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ted

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE ITS MORE MEANINGFUL THAT WAY.....

Press your caps lock key or get a new keyboard....but I do think the show will only last 1 season with Ashton then it'll be cancelled for good ...not to mention its 8 years old...which is about the life span of a successful sit com....10 years is pushing it...so about 1 more season sounds right anyway.

May 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • shoo88

Thanks for that input, Charlie.

May 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

So said the fans of Shelly Long when Kirsty Alley replaced her on "Cheers". So said the fans of Wayne Rogers when Mike Farrell replaced him on "M*A*S*H". If you think Charlie Sheen is such an astonishing actor, I invite you to take a loooooong look at his film career. With the exceptions of Wall Street and Platoon (in both films he was supported by AWESOME co-stars and a phenomenal director), all of his films have been garbage.

May 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • tim

@thomas:

MASH really went down after Trapper (Wayne Rodger) & Henry left the show. Honeycutt didn't cut it. no pun intended.

May 16, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

As long as they have Angus Jones, they have a hit~! Without him there will truly be 'NO' show..
      Charlies Sheen's character was slipping past funny into sleeze.. Another season of him and the show would have actually had an "ick" factor...
      Glad he is gone.. Hope Kutcher brings the comedy back to the character..

May 16, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • phoenix39

The show won't last long. First, it was getting to the point where a lot of the different plots were getting stale and Charlie Sheen thought about that before signing on for 2011 and, it only worked with Charlie Sheen. Charlie was the show. Chuck Lorre created the show around his life which is so confusing that all this crap is happening because Charlie Sheen has always been who he is – a womanizer, drunk, drug-user, etc. To keep the same premise of the show and stick in ugly Ashton Kutcher who can't act worth a crap (why do you think he always behind the scenes) will be disastrous for the show. They should have canceled Two and a Half Men and created a new show. Lorre wants to be able to keep capitalizing on the billions Charlie Sheen has brought in for the show but Kutcher doesn't have that magic. Well, the show was nice while it lasted. Time to move on.

May 17, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • trudye

Good God Celeste, grow up. And stop screaming on screen , it's rude.

June 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  120. JR

Its nice to see that all the sick got up early to comment on this story. And I though all you freaks slept in till noon.

May 16, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  121. buns o steel

ashton is hot i think he will be good on this show

May 16, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty

I have been waiting to say this for a long time. Never liked Charilie Sheen, I always thought Jon Cryer and the mom and maid, made the show.

May 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • jjj

Patty, being a woman as you are...i can see how you dont appreciate Charlie. Hes like a hero to men. Better luck in your next life.

May 16, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fernando

He has no chance.

May 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • DanMan97

Yeah - he'll do a good job of running it into the ground. Ashton can only play one character well (Kelso from That 70s Show), and he's proven that time and time again. I hope he's been saving his $$ from the Nikon commercials, because if he tries to survive on his acting talent alone, he'll be flat broke in a week.

May 18, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • trudye

I agree with Patty, Charlie Sheen wasn't on the show by himself, and without the others holding him up, he would have been what he is.....Oh My Goodness, a blithering drunk. And let me tell you, aside from Foster Brooks, blithering drunks are just not funny. Poor, poor Charlie. NOT>

June 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Vteck

So true. Show won't be same without Charlie. He made the show. Do what u do Charlie screw whoever has a problem with it...

May 16, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  123. JS

Hahahahaha!

May 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ItsDaPoleece

This is going to be the best season EVER of Punk'd.

But seriously, great choice. He's the complete opposite of Charlie and even though Charlie "made the show" and I loved him, of all the people I thought could take this role and make it their own while keeping the show hilarious... Ashton Kutcher tops every idea I had.

I hope everyone who doesn't like this idea at least gives him a shot with an episode or two. I mean the writers are still there. Charlie certainly didn't write all those shows for 8 seasons.

May 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Linda

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........that was a good one

May 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  126. evoc

It will be interesting to see if Ashton can actually act. That skill has yet to be seen.

May 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Kathryn

Someone with your intellectual capacity, which I can tell my your really class screen name, would be so lucky to get a beautiful, classy woman like Demi. Grow up.

May 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Man and a half

The last episode ended in the perfect place to knock Sheen out of the show. Charlie was taking off with Rose. This is a perfect time for one of their "cousins" (remember how they had many "uncles" growing up?) to pop into the show and replace Charlie as the lead character. Additionally, I could see them playing off the whole "Manny" theme of the last season by having Rose and a "manny" Charlie popping into the storylines from time to time. This would be the perfect way for Lorre to get back at Sheen adding a major layer of comedy and meaning that can potentially play out in the show. The best story arcs for sitcoms are often dictated by events external to the storylines and this is looking to be one of the best arcs ever in the show. I can't wait until the new episodes air. CAN'T WAIT!!!

May 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Brad

He hasn't shown he can act? I assume you never saw the Butterfly Effect!

May 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Tom

Ok so either you are a) 12, b) don't like women (and if you are that way I'm not hacking on you..power to the people and all that self expression stuff ra ra ra and what not...just saying) , c) are blind or d) just flat out for whatever reason hate demi and ashton.

Because let me tell you something at almost 50 years old...Demi is smoking hot for her age....heck, there's 30-something women that don't look as good as Demi.

As for Ashton's acting....um...yeah I think Two and a Half Men will go one season with Ashton and the show will be done...as in forever.

May 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Mark C

Oh I get it - that's really funny because Demi Moore is older than he is. What an original observation. Do you come up with your own jokes or do you have a professional writer?

May 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Sandra

While I have enjoyed Sheen's performances, for the most part the best part of 2 1/2 has been watching Jon Cryer, Conchata and Holland. They are character actors of the highest caliber and have given me the biggest laughs ever on the show. As long as they are still there, I would watch no matter who they bring along for the ride. Glad to know the pros will still make me laugh out loud once a week - hopefully for a long time. FYI - I would have continue to watch if the show had just been 1 1/2 Men. That's how good Jon, Conchata and Holland really are.

May 16, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  133. COME BACK V

I don't understand these networks... Ashton is going to do a few episodes, suck and then the show will get cancelled. Meanwhile shows like V that have a smaller, but more loyal fanbase (ie not watching the show just because it's been in the news) gets cancelled because they'd rather put a cheap as* reality show on instead. God these network executives suck.

May 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  134. ThsIsNotReal

Lighten up Kathryn!! :-)

May 16, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  135. JD

Oh come on, you're just jealous you don't have a "Demi". Who do you think you're kidding?

May 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Laura

Could HAVE not could OF!

May 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Mark C

Kutcher is 6' 2.5" and could kick your and Charlie Sheen's @sses simultaneously.

May 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Chaz Bono

Just because I couldnt land this part I will not be deterred from becoming the next World Champion Sumo Wrestler.

May 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  139. ItsDaPoleece

This is going to be the best season EVER of Punk'd.

May 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  140. @Chaz

Dude, the whole Chaz Bono thing is getting old. Time to move on or is it beyond your limited mental capabilities to come up with something new?

May 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Thomas

I disagree. I'm fairly sure he'll wind up dead in a fairly expensive hotel room.

May 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Thomas

The critical word in your statement is "smaller". Small audience = cancellation. Quality doesn't factor into it. Look at "Jersey Shore", "Celebrity Apprentice" and "Vampire Diaries".

May 16, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  143. booooogaluuu

MORON

May 16, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Really

Those many uncles were mommies boy toys. There are no cousins. Charlie is the only real uncle on the show. If you watched the show you would know this.

May 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Really

All their greatness comes from Charlie setting them up so well and the way they all play off of each other. Hate to burst your bubble but without Charlie all of the chemistry goes out the window. He is the show and without him, the show fades away.

May 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Col

I totally agree with you Really.

May 18, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  147. ken

definitive proof he cannot act. Thanks.

May 22, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |