Angelina Jolie's war drama headed for theaters
May 16th, 2011

Angelina Jolie's war drama headed for theaters

New details have emerged about Angelina Jolie's upcoming directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey." The drama, which is set against the backdrop of the Bosnian war of the 1990s, will be released in the United States in December, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Shot in both English and Bosnian, "In the Land of Blood and Honey" "illustrates the consequences of the lack of political will to intervene in a society stricken with conflict," according to a statement.

The movie came under fire in November amidst reports that it featured a romance between a Serb rapist and his Bosnian victim; Jolie has denied it contains such a scene.

"The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," the Oscar winner, who also wrote the script, says. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."

As for how she came up with the movie's title, Jolie tells Entertainment Weekly, "It's a heavy film. You want to find that title that really helps the audience know what they’re walking into.”

1. JennifUR ANUSton

My boobies will be starring in my new movie so please come and see them. I hope Brad will come also. After all Im doing it all for him.

May 17, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jen

You "men"are sick

May 17, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobbie66

Angelina Jolie is simply amazing!
    * Her daring exploits in Tomb Raider became video game history in God of War 2. She's got a talent for production that dwarfs the blockbusters of the past.
    * I bet she does PB&J something spectacular!

* – kw

May 17, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. dave nelson

Sorry for the typo. I meant mature.

May 17, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. dave nelson

Ok, in all honesty, salt was not one of her better movies, but I have seen worse. Yes, her lips have been like that all her life. The term is bee stung. She is a good actress, if you try to be objective. It is her directorial debut, even if she only directed five minutes of it. Have we all not seen the horrors that happened in that country, and felt for the poor souls there? At least the lady is trying to make a difference. What have you done to make a difference today? Time for some of you to nature a bit, i would say.

May 17, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. lisa

hey what's up why would you put some one down you don't even know get over it and get a life you are a great actress i understand that you just want the world to know what's going on and how it can affect each of us thank you and im so happy you don't let petty people discourage you thanks for all you and brad do

May 17, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. @N

@tripod i guess CNN spelled checked for me or something.dont know.but i did write dat comment.

May 17, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. kate

AJ am a great fan can't wait to c your movie. Even though she has not experienced war she is tryin to put it out to us so dat we can know wat has hapnd and wat is hapnin d~u~m~m~i~e~s she is communicating weda her actin is good or bad she is makin it y don't u try let's c how good u haters are u wunt even make 1/3 of wat she has earns

May 17, 2011 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. verax

If there is one actress I respect, it is Angelina.. I hope she keeps this natural beauty that is both in and out and continues in here charity work.
    Keep it goin Jolie!

May 17, 2011 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. jenny

All u female aj haters r just mad because u don't look as good as her,u don't have the talent or the guts she has, and who cares that she "stole" brad from average looking,no talent jennifer anniston who can't keep a man or have a box office hit movie!! all her movies bombed at the box office!!

May 17, 2011 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. ralphie

Preacher jimzb quit judging!

May 17, 2011 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  12. S~l ~u~t

She is a man stealing w ~ h ~ 0 ~ r~ e thats why nobody likes her

May 17, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. nina

Everybody who hates AJ is because they envy her beauty success attention money ... can go on... who wouldn't want to be in her place but most of us can't . I am not sure if she knows anything about suffering in war but at least she is trying to be good person nobody is perfect and instead all of u spending time spreading this negativity hate and envy mind ur own business and just look at urself in the mirror who r u to judge.

May 17, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. peels

Huge fan jolie looking forward too what ever she put out.

May 17, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. kerri

There is to many haters in the world hello grow up america please

May 17, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mr. Ed

I think her puss lips are big like her mouth lips. You see brad like to grow that thing on his chin so he can tickle the puss lips and make it smile

May 17, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mr. Ed

I wonder if her bottom lips are as big as her mouth lips.

May 17, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. gad

Yes, she does seem to b some sort of super woman, i often thawt we cud save the world with acting. If 0nly ery1 cud act. Gues u have to b n a club r something to b a inspiring actor. Thats y i just come to this other fake realm of a world. ,, so, watsup IN THIS COUNTRY? floods wow we shud make a movie huh? lol at hollywood being done to death and now they feening 4 0riginality? rotf , in the real world, No
    not bosnia. ALABAMA home of the LATE AND GRATEFULL DEAD R.I.P. 1glad morning,, wen this life is over, we'll fly away.

May 16, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. rikdlw

Im not a fan. HoweverIi think her movies are good movies. Who cares howmuch she makes.I dont think you would turn it down even if it was for digging ditches. I admire anyone who gets ahead legally. i may not like all that she does..but i have nothing bad to say about her. rikdlw

May 16, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. "blow me"

@marjori. U r a retard.

May 16, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  21. marjorie

i cannot figure out when she evers gets to see her children, that she had to have. I feel very sorry for them. Is brad the bbabysitter, ihardly think so.i love brad's movies,where has he been, what happenedeto the baseball movie??As far as Angela is concered, she must have something wrong upstairs; can't seem to stay still a minute.Seems she will do anything for publicity.

May 16, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. The biggest loser

Seriously, Sunshine Girl? How may months does it take to get an A/C fixed. Hit a walmart.

May 16, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sunshine Girl *

@B lo me..Im ok thanks. And you? Was an easy day. Not too much work. Pretty hot. A/c should be fixed this week. Do you like Jolies movies?

May 16, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. fox811

Who cares all about this....shes HOT.she looks good whatever she is doing...

May 16, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Poe Zlaw

i hope its as good as Salt because that movie was GREAT. Not!!!!!!

May 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. haterstopper.

Why are all these people hating on AJ.I actually think she is a good actor reguardless of what the haters may say.I really dont think she cares what you people may say.The Bone Collector,foxfire,wanted,tomb raider,chandeling and salt were all good movies.I would really like to see you guys do better,What jealousy.

May 16, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Journey

AJ for prez 2012!

May 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. tripod

@N. What happedned to you ebonics?

May 16, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  29. acast43

Sweet, can't wait.

May 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. The Truth

Wow! So many hater. Do your thing Angelina

May 16, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  31. patty

U R all a bunch of idiotic posters. U know nothing about AJ. Get yourfacts straight idiots!!!

May 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  32. @N

AJ is the leader of the national lesbian association.NLA for short.While on tour she goes on the tour bus and does the other lesbians.

May 16, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. crystal

Of course she make a realistic war film, its called hollywood dummies! Additionlly, you don't have live the same experiences as someone to have empathy and understanding.

May 16, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. fumanchu

Yum lesbeans, that sounds like that would be great on a pink taco!

May 16, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • uuuff

aaaahshahahahaha. ^^^ best post ever!!!!! all these idiots honestly think that someone on a computer in a different home actually cares about their opinions & "facts"...losers!!!!

May 17, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  35. B lo me

@sunshine girl* how are doing did your day go well.

May 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. anonymous

What does she know of human suffering and war? Just another fake trying to profit from the pain of others. Her film should be boycotted.

May 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. mejazzbo

That's all America needs. Another rich Hollywood type preaching interventions. We are in enough wars, thank you. I don't remember you or Brad ever having your lives on the line in the military. Maybe I missed that section of your bios.

May 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  38. rosco

Wow..so many Angelina haters..

May 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Cuz they are wannabes!!!!! My wife hates her......only bcuz.... I am "obsessed" with her!!!! Lol!!!

May 17, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Teej

I noticed that too! If you can't be like her, then hate her! Full of judgmental people here

May 17, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  39. Saray

Niclas, you must be member of serbian part of this movie. If you had any brain you would know that Bosnian language existed since 9th century. Serbo-Croatian is post wwI...

May 16, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niclas

Hmm, no, I'm Swedish but thanks for asking. Bosniaks are still Slavic people who converted to Islam during the Ottoman occupation, right?

Wasn't aware they had their own language, dialect maybe and in fact it's very probable, however a Bosnian language? What is it based on? Is it a Slavic or a Turkish language??

I just looked it up and according to Wikipedia "Bosnian language" is merely a dialect of the Serbo-Croatian language. So maybe I was right all along?

I have no beef in this battle, I simply thought it was incorrect to be using the term "Bosnian language", just like it's wrong to say that the "Mexican" language is spoken in Mexico; rather it's called Spanish (broken Spanish as my Spanish friend often emphasizes :)

May 17, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  40. barbara

Directiorial debut? I don't think so. From what I understand, she actually did very little directing of the movie. Give credit where credit is due.

May 16, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  41. COokie

i find it hard to believe that a woman who has not lived in a region where there has been a war for any extended period of time and has lived a rather priviledged life, who can barely act, can write a reasonably decent script about such complexities. But stranger things have happened.

May 16, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bdo

Not everyone is a good storyteller. LOL. I don't know Angelina personally so its hard to judge her based on what I don't know. I don't see or hear her being crazy any more than Charlie Sheen. The only thing wrong with her in my book is she makes too much money. But that's not her fault.

May 16, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Hudi

Her tattoos look like something you'd see written on the bathroom wall.

May 16, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  43. hugo

Her fat top lip creeps me out.

May 16, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Nancy

and Salt really did suck. If it is an AJ movie you know it will be crap.

May 16, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Nancy

AJ is a horrible actress. She is just a female action type hero for lesbeans.

May 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JIMBO

Her last movie named SALT was horrible. It was a dumb movie and Jolie was terrible in it. She is so overrated it maked my stomach huirt.

May 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  47. drb

Huge AJ fan – she's blunt and honest with herself. So what? She makes mistakes highly critisized by media. And if it were any of you does that make a difference. OF COURSE IT DOES DUH! lol anyways, she's a great actress; her movies have all been great and lots of them even based on true stories (as much as hollywood will allow of course). We've seen her act. Lets see what she can do direction wise. She's obviously creative... I think it'll be good can't wait to see it!

May 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • A.M

I love Anjie she beautiful, a mother,humanitarian at such young she started ofcourse telented and beautiful man with beautiful kids,I also admire her calm when say bad things about her.love her can't wait to the movie.Good job Anjie

May 19, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  48. osama joe biden

cant wait to see those lips! botox?

May 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frida

Look at her pictures from 20 yrs ago when she was a child-same lips. Why must everyone here be so critical! Pls, just be kind !

May 17, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  49. cljparker

I am expecting a great movie! Angelina Jolie is a very talented, philanthropic, honest woman. It is really too bad that we do not see more well-rounded talent like this. I look forward to everything she does!

May 16, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Peace

The movie could be interesting, but like most of you here, I'm not a fan of AJ either. I watch it later on demand.

May 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  51. vjkc

I can't wait to support this film! Angelina Jolie could play any role she chooses and get a lot of money for it, but instead she has chosen to use film to illustrate the devastating human impact of war. Not to mention the good deeds Angelina dedicate her time to with charities and as a UN goodwill Ambassador. Good for you Angelina!

May 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niclas

I'm sure thus will be an interesting movie, however as someone who's been to the region on many occasions, both pre- and post-conflict, can someone tell me how this movie was shot in "English and Bosnian"? I've never heard of the "Bosnian" language and I'm sure neither have the residents of Bosnia-Herzegovina. The speak Serbian and/or Croatian, in the past the languages were "combined" as they're almost identical into Serbo-Croatian. The Cyrillic (Serbian) versus the Latin (Croatian) alphabets were the main differences. However what the heck is Bosnian language?? I guess the speak Mexican in Mexico, Nicaraguan in Nicaragua and Holywoodian in Holywood?

So to Mark Marino, the author of this article -> Free your mind – read some books, it WILL help you.

May 16, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niclas

Sorry about the typos. In iPhone Auto-spell We Trust! :)

May 16, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Was in that region more than you

Niclas,

There are three official spoken languages in Bosnia: Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian. All three sound pretty much the same. Bosnian is derivate from s/h language and it became official when Bosnia got its independence from Yugoslavia.

May 17, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Mela

Nicols, let me tell u something u don't know, bosnian was introduce as the sole official language after 92. Serbo_cro as a language died and nobody using that name anymore. U maybe were there but I was born..

May 17, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  52. Snshine Girl *

Not an Angelina fan. The movie sounds good w/o her though.

May 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Superhiro

I'm gonna agree with twisted. Jolie directing? She can barely act.

May 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. preacher jim

and she is an unbeliever ! woe be unto the unbeliever !

May 16, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. preacher jim

She has way too many tattoos. Tattoed ladies belong in the circus.

May 16, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Teej

Can't wait to watch this movie.

May 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Can't wait to see Angelina Jolie covered in blood and honey! Well, honey anyway.

May 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • RedWings

I would gladly go down on her every 28 to 32 days and drink the lovely crimson rain.

May 17, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • JennifUR ANUSton

Brad please come home. You can pee in my face and on my boobies anytime you want. I love you, jenn.

May 17, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |