As one movie franchise marches on, a slew of TV shows wrap up their seasons this week.
But before we list some of the primetime programming gearing up for hiatus, let’s talk about Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz in “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.” This is the kind of swashbuckling tale that’s the prelude to the launch of the summer movie season, and if you need a recap of what kind of explosive cinema to escape the heat with this summer, check out our round-up.
But aside from Depp and Cruz, here’s what else you should watch out for this week:
- Opening weekend for “The Hangover Part II” isn’t far away, and actor Zach Galifianakis will no doubt provide some laughs on “Conan” tonight.
- Tonight also marks the start of the third season of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” with a 90-minute premiere on Bravo at 9 p.m. ET.
- Tonight’s “Glee” episode likely won’t display much of that emotion, as one of McKinley High’s own will experience a loss with “The Funeral.”
- New music also arrives this week courtesy of Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi (“Rome”) and Moby (“Destroyed”).
- Things are getting heated on "American Idol": Tune in as the final three face-off.
- “The Office” will have a host of guest stars, from Ricky Gervais to Jim Carrey to billionaire investor Warren Buffett on tonight’s finale at 9 p.m. ET.
- Fans of “The Killing,” series star Mireille Enos will be on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."
- If you can find it playing in your city, Woody Allen’s romantic comedy "Midnight in Paris," about a family traveling to the City of Lights, stars Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard and Rachel McAdams and opens this weekend in limited release.