A Freudian slip on 'The Big Bang Theory'
May 13th, 2011

A Freudian slip on 'The Big Bang Theory'

Thursday night's episode of "The Big Bang Theory" seemed to exist mostly to tie up some season-long story arcs, leading into next week's finale.

Howard finally worked up the nerve to tell his mother that he's getting married to Bernadette, sending her right into the hospital ("My family is the history of heart disease," Howard said).

This led once again to Priya being questioned as to why her parents haven't been told about the "short glass of skim milk" she's dating, Leonard.

Priya protested that Indian mothers are very protective, to which Howard shot back, "Whereas Jewish mothers take a casual la-di-da approach to their sons!"

Kudos, by the way, to Kunal Nayyar for subtly portraying Raj's hopeful reaction to Howard and Bernadette having a little trouble. I have a feeling that arc will pay off next week.

Priya and Penny finally bonded, over, to put it the way Penny did, "how Leonard is in the sack." Leonard, meanwhile, wasn't worried.

In the meantime, Sheldon was most entertaining of all (as usual) as he freaked out over germs and then proceeded to walk right into a patient's room at the hospital where the doctors were wearing bio-suits.

But the most memorable part of all is how things started to go in a very creepy place, as Howard himself pointed out when Bernadette proclaimed, "Howard's mother had a heart attack because I have sex with him and she can't!"

Then when it became obvious that Mrs. Wolowitz was starting to rub off on Bernadette, Howard admitted that he found his fiancee's screeching sexy. Ha-ha, and also, ewww.

So this episode wasn't a favorite of mine – though I think the producers deserve credit for figuring out how to have Howard tell his Ma about Bernadette without showing her face – but I have high hopes for next week.

Do you agree? Share your view on iReport or post a comment.

1. Minute14 dotCOM

Big Bang Theory? I cant believe this show is still on... this article doesn't help its case... see our comments on Minute14(dot)com

June 10, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dave

it's like a cross between Friends and Seinfeld for a new generation. Love it.

June 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BillyDinPVD

What was the Freudian slip? Nothing the article cites seems to be one...

June 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Victor Saymong

As a writer I find the show to be, generally, well written, topical, funny, and true-to-life in many ways. It is often hilarious – especially if one has any connections to or in geek culture or university/science life. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. If you like the show, it just got picked up for three more seasons through 2013-14. Looks like it will Live Long and Prosper.

June 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Callie

I love Big Bang...never miss it...and I do not want to see Howard's mother. I'll bet she looks a lot like Howard since he does her voice. Creepy...kind of like the movie Psycho.

June 5, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. FU

Unfunniest show on TV, other that 2.5 men...seriously, go look on youtube for scenes where the canned laughter was removed...absolute carcinogen...

May 31, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rick Springfield

People who dislike it enough to make comments about specific episodes are closet fans. Inside they love it and only make negative comments to explain why they like it so much. Don't you know that if you find someone who annoys you its because that person displays a character trait you don't like about yourself. People who profess to not like this show should go the way of Schrödinger's cat

May 31, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Craigf

Where the hell is the Freudian slip? Do you have any idea what that us? This is a pathetic blog with a terrible headline, but the comments make it look like Pulitzer material by comparison. For those who complain it is unfunny and mention the "laugh track," you do realize it is shot in front if a studio audience in order to record their reactions, right? The funniest and dumbest comment is from the bozo who doesn't watch the show because he or she thinks the name is dumb. Do you have any slightest clue what the big bang theory is? Why don't you look it up some time?

May 30, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ted Michon

While BBT is my favorite TV show, the writing quality after 4 years still seems to be all over the place. Viewers want - need - likeable characters that grow over time. Our heoes need not always "win", but they must not always lose. Why is it that there are episodes I have watched 6 times and others I wished I had never seen?

May 27, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lols Finnisher

I'm honestly trying to figure out what 'slip' and what the heck this article is going on about. What a terrible piece of what could be misconstrued as "journalism" or a "blog".
    Seriously, don't ever write ever again.

May 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dagny

I never watched this show because the name is so moronic . After accidentally reading this article, I can see that it is far worse than I thought. Think -you only have a finite number of minutes in your life. Is this really the way you want to spend them?

May 23, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. TO NEONE HATEN ON THIS SHOW

this show is like awesome like frineds awesome or two and half men hilarious there's like three jokes in this show so maybe you just cant keep up with its great humer cause your dumb and the laugh track maybe isnt loud enough for you to see that its funny it is so awesome or like they would say on this show 'so awesome' LOL

May 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Whit

I do wonder why people insist on posting negative comments on articles such as this. If you don't like the show, don't waste your time (or ours–people who actually do watch the show) commenting on how you dislike it. It's a show about a group of nerdy friends and the people surrounding them–including their significant others–who all have their own little quarks...I agree with Jon in Montgomery, it may be that some of the folks not finding it funny aren't understanding the references. Some may just not enjoy it–to each their own, but if you don't like it, change the station or turn off the tv! And stop logging onto websites like this to state your opinion of the show–no one cares. Personally, I love this show, especially Sheldon, he's a riot!

May 20, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. fdhrc

Good writers – good characters. My better half and I love the show. It take no brain power to laugh.

May 20, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. John Neville

There are many more important problems in this world, than to be so deeply obsessed with the minutiae of a ficticious story on the boob tube. Wake up people and get involved in improving your world and lifestyle. The alternative is to ignore the corruption and incompetence which effects all are lives!

May 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SitCom SitGo

BBT is a "meh" show that could go away in my opinion. Meanwhile, really good shows such as V and Outsourced get cancelled... *sigh*

May 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Donald

BBT is a great show where, in most cases, the high school educated woman (Penny) who lives in the apartment across from the Doctors of Physics (Sheldon and Leonard), has more common sense.

May 19, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. dash

I'll be watching reruns of Community. The bigbang is a loser show that stays on the air as a tv exec. pet

May 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Tom

"Who can say no to Yoo-Hoo? The name literally beckons!" Sorry folks, this is a funny show. The level of funny may be out of reach for the short-sighted, but that doesn't change the fact.

May 19, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. StlMelz

BBT is the only sitcom I watch; sitcom is not my kind of TV, generally speaking. However, I grew up with a bunch of "nerds" for brothers and this show reminds me of them and their friends and how they interacted in high school. To their credit, they've outgrown much of this behavior, but it makes for a hilarious TV show!

May 19, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  21. Agustus

I like the show except for the fact that it seem to be turning into some kind of a Bollywood promo for weak Indian actors.

May 19, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jim

You are all idiots, get a life... lol... great show tho...

May 19, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  23. Rob

I think Howard's mom is Norm's wife Vera from Cheers...

May 18, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Criminy

I read the article so that I could find out what the "freudian slip" was, and I guess I missed it when it was explained. I will go back and read it again.

May 18, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bobby Dee

TBBT is popular, of course, but I think it would be even more successful if it wasn't a "high IQ" program. Let's face it, the IQ 100 crowd, many of whose members are posting their dislike for this show, just aren't bright enough to get it.

May 18, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  26. who la da dee

i wish they'd have geek girls for the geek guys. i'm kind of sick of tv having 'hotties' and either a) fat or b) geeky or c) druggie guys.

think it's all an ego trip for the white, fat men in the c suite.

May 18, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  27. molly cruz

Funny show. Don't over think it.

May 17, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. al in az

since they moved to thursday its bin hard to catch, maybe this summer I will be able to catch up?

May 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ralph Spoilsport

The are only 2 things wrong with the show and with the above article, the style and the content. Both utter garbage. Almost as bad as Oprah, The View, and Regis.

May 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Vaporland

Geeks don't like this show. People who work with geeks DO like this show.

May 17, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • symboybot

Speak for yourself Vaporland. I'm very much a geek and I love it, as do a whole bunch of geeks, I know for a fact.

June 4, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  31. RA

You folks are missing out on the bigger question thats been building up; when will Sheldon and Amy do it? She should seduce him by showing him what he should have done with her instead of leaving her on the bathroom floor passed out after partying. It can even be done tastefully by her showiing him how to take off her clothes, put on her pajamas and Sheldon still not having a clue as to what she really wants him to do! :)

May 17, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Eric

Love the show!

May 16, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Anon

This... is news? Wow.

May 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Rob

Best written show on the air!

May 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Big banger

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi33qezO6Y&w=640&h=390]

May 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. @N

@hacker i dont hav a baby bro!!& i dont baby-sit.im to busy to watch school boys anyway.

May 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Amber

My honest reaction: this episode was the funniest episode of the season! I LOVED it from start to finish!! I can't wait to see this weeks episode and to see if Priya actually does tell her parents that she's dating Leonard. Keep up the GREAT WORK, Chuck Lorre!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sarah

How have people not figured out that the girl who plays Bernadette ALSO plays the voice of his mother? If she doesn't, she should, Sounds just like her and they could cut a salary...

May 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

No, the person who voices Howard's mother is not the same person who plays Bernie. I had to look it up on Internet Movie Database because my entire family was wondering the same thing. But yes, I agree, she does sound almost exactly like her!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • jennifer

My husband thought that too. She clearly was going for the imitation with the "shriek." She did a good job, but nope, different actress.

May 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @N

I enjoy ravishing my baby brother and other skool boys

May 16, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  40. @N

@llyod get a life.why dont u follow vee.i think u do need fresh air.ur brain wont stop repeatin.

May 15, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Lloyd Christmas

FYI ya’ll Vee is the same person as Sunshine Girl, B lo me, twisted, head diva in charge, Yo!!, I am batman and a few others yet to be exposed… careful out there, it's a jungle

May 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Twisted

@Tripod. I'm still here a$$ hole. Why can't you just be nice?

May 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Stevec

What an UGLY bunch they got there to frontline this TV show. It looks like another beauty!

May 15, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Shampoohorns

Bad, BAD 1-2 Punch "comedy." I tried to watch it once and it was so predictable and slow. But who gets the Emmys. Just shows how lame that dog and pony show is too...

May 15, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ketielynn

I too like the show. It makes me laugh outloud! I like some dramas like Criminal Minds, NCIS but I've always liked a funny sitcom to lighten up some hard days. Life can be stressful and laughter helps me out!

May 15, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. freaky

Hey mike ck out breakout kings sunday 10pm on a and e

May 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. freaky

We need shows like this it enables us to sit down loosen your belt and forget about your troubles for a half hour

May 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. keldoran

Big Bang Rocks!Some of the best comedy around..PERIOD!

May 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. heidi

Dump the Cooper character. He just comes off as retarded now.

May 15, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Divine Chef

I guess you feel retarded because you don't understand Sheldon. Pitty.

May 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Lloyd Christmas

May 14, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lloyd Christmas

Ha! He said blow me.

May 14, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  52. B lo me

@tripod no stupid the screen name means below me which you are for this foolishness

May 14, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tripod

If they were too stupid to figure that out then what's the point. Hey Sunshine Girl, its hard to tell what B lo me's intentions are with a screen name "blow me".

May 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  54. @sunshine girl n b lo me

if you really want to get in touch with each other and don't want to leave your personal email address on here you can alway set up a stupid one and post it. If you really want to meet and become friends you can make it happen. Use your minds. If you are afraid of not knowing if you are connecting with the right person, ask some kind of personal questions (like kids, ice cream you like, etc) along the way and when the person emails you you have those questions to back you up to know they are the right person. know what I'm saying?

May 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Blonde Beauty

@Lloyd ..enough. Nobody believes you. You got the attention you wanted. Stop trolling. Enjoy your weekend.

May 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lloyd Christmas

@ B lo me. Someone needs to obtain a social life.

May 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. B lo me

@Lloyd Christmas you are the loser for putting this much effort into being wrong. Anybody that can read can tell me and her different people. So comment on the blog and mind your business

May 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lloyd Christmas

That's awesome...Sunshine Girl is talking to B lo me and they are the same person. Really, who is the loser??? You!

May 14, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. B lo me

@sunshine girl* how is your weekend going? I watch the show b/c ,Sheldon makes the show without him the show pretty much sucks.

May 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sunshine Girl *

The show is funny if you like unrealistic plots. really dont care too much for cheesy sitcoms. @Lloyd Christmas...Be careful what you say about people. Especially people you know nothing about. Your a just a sorry *ss loser who has nothing better to do than to pick on a girl. Punk!

May 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  61. twisted

@lloyd and tripod you to cant find anything better to do but you call other blogers losers? What petty little boys you are

May 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Lloyd Christmas

@ Tripod. Yep. Just doing what's right.

May 14, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Tripod

@ Lol. Mind your own business, loser.

May 14, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Lol

Behave yourself guys. Why are you trying to cause trouble?

May 14, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Tripod

@ lloyd. Hell yes! Let's expose that loser.

May 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  66. dilberto

Howard's mother tastes just like chicken!

May 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. twisted

@tripod you must be that guy who loves his rubber woman more than real women

May 14, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Lloyd Christmas

May 14, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Groupon

@Purina. You are stealing my idea. I have the goods.

May 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. sunless

this is big bang... http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

May 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Tripod

@ Twisted. Clearly, your standards are very low.

May 14, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  72. nina786

the theory will be changed with the new knowledge.....:) gw ga tau ngomong apa

May 14, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  73. whatever

hate this show.

May 14, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

So why even read the article? I know nothing – and don't care about – reality shows like Jersey or Kardashians (sp?) and wouldn't bother reading any articles about them either. Do the same.

June 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Jo

This wasn't my favorite episode but watching Howard try to break down the door was pretty entertaining!

May 13, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  75. lac

i cant wait until next week, love this show. and its funny too.

May 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I cannot believe all the negative comments on here. The writers are brilliant! I can see there are alot of ignorant morons out there. Cruel, mean people amaze me. Very sad.
      Question I've always asked, then whyTF are you even on these sites plus, why are you so compelled to subject us to your rantings?
      You haters must hate life in general. I agree-you all need "fresh air...."

May 20, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. mejazzbo

I think it may have been my favorite episode this season. A very busy episode. Each player had a good number of great one liners including "the king of foreplay".

May 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Vee

I need some Purina Monkey Chow.

May 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Vee

Don't any of you people have lives? All you do is come on here and make stupid remakes. You are not even funny. Get a life. Go outside and get some air, it will do your brain cells good.

May 13, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • urbaba61

Really?

May 15, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

tv has sucked since mash went off aair in 1983

May 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

no more shows seem to have any serious side these dats

May 15, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • positano

@Vee: Ironic that you posted a stupid remark complaining about other people writing stupid remarks. Here's a few suggestions: 1) Just read the article; 2) Skip the comment section; 3) Use a dictionary; 4) Take your own advice:
      "Get a life. Go outside and get some air, it will do your brain cells good)"

May 15, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luna

And yet here YOU are.

May 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Divine Chef

@Vee
      The reason you don't understand the show is because you can't write or understand English.

May 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. twisted

All the women on this show are very doable

May 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Uncle Santa

HOO HOOO HOOOOO MERRRRRY CRIMMAS !

May 13, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  81. sasha

Enjoyed the epsiode. Glad to see penny and priya finally getting along. I was surprised to see they began to pull back from the "pryia the villian" line of her being over controlling of Leonard and instead made her appear more enduring (maybe they decided to keep her for another season, I donno). Honestly I would love to see Dr. Stephanie come back. Only one missing from the scooby gang was Amy but she has been in the last two so...Although I was hoping to get more of a conclusion to the penny pryia riff with some sort of admission that there is no bad blood since they apparently can talk about Leonard's prowess all night. BTW with Raj's love for Bernadette...can he even speak to her yet? I realized tonight its nice having Raj able to speak with a woman around, even if it is his sister. I am all for the comedy gold of his selective mutism, however it would be nice if it could wear off after a while around women he is accustomed too like Penny, Amy or Bernadette.

May 13, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  82. RosieRoo

This is one hell of a funny show. Only people with a dry sense of humor would not think it is funny.

May 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roy

Or people with better things to do than watch TV...

May 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

It has nothing to do with "dry" sense of humor. This show without a laugh track is just bad acting and awkward situations. Nothing new and nothing entertaining. Just shows what you know...

May 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Yeah, better things to do than watch TV....... like comment on blogs......about tv shows.

May 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

I disagree, I've got a very dry sense of humor. I love anything British, and I think the shows a riot.

May 18, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve Bloajhahb

Please, people....stop pleasing yourself with NOTHING...start doing something...you are embarrassing (watchers of this waste, and commenter alike)

May 19, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • JimboJones

Or people who know that the sitcom format is dead, unfunny and has produced zero shows of any social relevance since "Seinfeld."

May 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • emma65

I don't know what you understand from a dry sense of humour, but that is my sense of humour and I think this show is the funniest on network tv [I don't have cable]. It has been original and quirky intelligent humour from the start; I just hope it is not dumbed down or geared to the lowest common denominator like...two and a half men.

June 5, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  83. ATLien

what a terrible show and what a terrible article...

May 13, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • mejazzbo

I suggest you change the channel and manipulate your mouse.

May 13, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • tori

so true, this show is for complete tools, cause they need forms of entertainment too i guess

May 13, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

I think big bang is absolutely hilarious always have love it

May 14, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
    • MongoLke

We like BBT though the writers are starting to get a bit lazy and the sleaze factor from 2.5 Men is working its way steadily into the scripts. Chuck, plain and simple, when you fall back on sleazy concepts for humor, that's lazy writing. Challenge your writers. The series started of very strong and has devolved somewhat which is sad because you really have a winner here with just a little more imagination.

May 14, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

guess toris a tool

May 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

i suggest jazzbo get stuffed

May 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luna

And yet you read the article and cared enough to post.

May 15, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bulloch

I like turtles!!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I agree, the show isn't funny(just youtube the show minus the laugh track).

May 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • JB

Excellent well written show – and this episode is no exception!!! But the author missed the basic concept that we in the end, men marry women like our mothers and women marry men like their fathers. The voice was a nice way to que the viewer into Howard's future, without beating over the head with the punch line. Well written.

May 16, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Serp

What a horrible article. Seriously, did you get paid to write this useless fluff?

May 17, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Agreed. I had high hopes initially, but it's just become another waste of space between the endless stream of commercials.

May 17, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Jon in Montgomery

She show is funny, only if you have an intellect at all. It isn't Comedy Deff Jam where you just have to breath to get the jokes. On BBT you need to think a little to get the full effect. It is called intellectual humor which a lot of simple minded people don't understand.

May 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

That's what I was going to say, word for word. Terrible show, terrible article.

May 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Divine Chef

Best show on TV it's hilarious if anyone disagrees they cannot understand moderately advanced English or don't have a sense of humor.

May 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • superiorcolliculus

Couldn't agree more with MongoLke . . . but I think the sleaze is there to appease the masses who don't "get" the sophisticated jokes. Without the sleaze the show would get cancelled and there would be no more Sheldonian gems such as "prevening"

May 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Excellent JB. And I thought it fit right in. Howard and his mother have always had that "A little to close" relationship. He himself has made comment's on it. It's a classic Jewish scenario.

May 18, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

Yeah, last few eps have been a bit of a letdown. Lazy writing definitely showing through. Feel sorry for the actors as I'm sure they can feel it slipping away as well.

May 23, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • DDKBlondie

One of the funniest things on TV, this show is a riot. Everyone who has geek's in their family know at least 2-3 of these charaters very well. Germ-o-phob HA its my brainiac nephew to a T! This and S*&% my Dad says crack me up every week! I hpoe the sho is around a long long time, if you like it dont watch it, you do have a remote dont you?

May 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • what?

this show is like awesome like frineds awesome or two and half men hilarious there's like three whole jokes in this show so maybe you just cant keep up with its great humer cause your dumb and the laugh track maybe isnt loud enough for you to see that its funny it is so awesome or like they would say on this show 'so awesome' LOL

May 23, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • heerobya

"It's not funny because I don't understand it."

With a name with ATL in it, I bet you think Tyler Perry is funny.

May 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Always_Amused

What a terrible post! I guess the show is just too far over your head to comprehend, huh? You must be dumb as rock...

June 2, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  84. m

appropiate show to try peddling dog food on

May 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |