Will 'Idol' Top 4 elimination night be a shocker?
May 12th, 2011

Will 'Idol' Top 4 elimination night be a shocker?

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

8:56 p.m. – I fell in love with this guy. No doubt.

What a great story, in it for the love of his life and their son. It's kind of hard to watch him watching his recap.

J-Lo is in tears. James said he had a feeling. His voice is cracking and the tears are running down his face.

You rock James Durbin!

8:55 p.m. – After the nationwide vote, Scotty is safe!

Poor James! He looks devastated!

8:52 p.m. – OK, let's recap here.

So far, Lauren and Haley are safe. That means either James or Scotty is going home.

I think I just heard millions of girls across the country let out a wail!

8:50 p.m. - The next person who is safe is Haley!

What just happened here?!?!?

8:46 p.m. – New Steven Tyler video alert!

He premieres his new song "It Feels So Good," and much like Tyler, the video is a little whacky.

And of course, there are plenty of beautiful women involved.

8:36 p.m. – Be careful Seacrest, you are not as young as you used to be.

He jumps off the stage in an attempt to bat one of the huge balloons from Enrique's performance.

Jordin Sparks debuts her new song, "I Am Woman," and she looks AMAZING. She's lost a ton of weight, which may not be superapparent because of the big silver raincoat she is wearing.

But wait, she sheds it and out comes the little black, sparkly dress.

Work it Ms. Sparks! The former youngest winner of "Idol" certainly has grown up.

8:28 p.m. – I heart Enrique Iglesias.

He rocks his song "Dirty Dancer" with an assist from Usher, who is not actually there, but on the big screen. Then he launches into "I Like It." The ladies are loving him and there's lots of jumping and screaming.

Yeah, he's smoking hot.

8:24 p.m. - The four watched Gaga sing "You and I" in concert on video before she mentored them, which means we get to watch it, too.

Wait, is this the Gaga performance we were promised? That seems a little shady, "Idol."

On another note, Gaga slays me how comfortable she is essentially wearing a bra and panties and performing. Do your thing G.

8:19 p.m. – The first person to make it into the Top 3 is...

Lauren! Way to go baby girl!

She gets to take her place on a gold stool.

8:18 p.m. – The contestants get to talk to family members via the computer and it's pretty touching.

So sweet!

8:13 p.m. - Seacrest pimps the upcoming auditions for next season's "Idol." Watch out Pittsburgh 'cause they are coming for you!

Haley and Lauren sing "Gunpowder and Lead" and they sound great together. Lots of hair tossing.

This year's "Idol" tour is going to be off..the..chain!

8:05 p.m. –  The replay from last night makes me feel bad for Haley.

They cut that chick no slack. I think they like to make her mad to pull out her best performances.

James and Scotty sing "Start a Band" by Brad Paisley and it's cute to see James doing some country music. That kid can sing anything, I swear.

Speaking of kids, so cute to see a group of them sitting on the edge of the judges' stage as the pair sing.

8:02 p.m. – Highest Top 4 voting yet with 72 million.

Lots of folks on tonight: Enrique Iglesias, Jordin Sparks, Gaga.

Good times.

8:00 p.m. - "Who will become a hometown hero?"

We don't know Ryan Seacrest. That's for you to tell us. Let's roll!

1. Bob Kole

James was best contestent Idol ever had. No point in watching it any more period.

May 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dew

The whole 'sing a more popular song' thing seemed really stupid to me...

Don't stop Believin'
    Billboard 100 #9....other countries–total of 4 ranging from #2 to #62

Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)
    Billboard 100 #28...other countries zero

Anyway
    Billboard 100 #32...other countries zero

Earth Song
    Billboard 100 not listed...other countries 14 and hit #1 on every chart
    why you ask...because it was NOT released as a single in the United States

hmmmm which is truly the more popular song?

May 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jim

This has to be rigged. James was the best all around performer which Idol has had.

May 14, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rene

Why does this review always start from the end of the show and go backward? Are we supposed to read from the bottom up?

May 13, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Granny Kat

I picked James for the winner and now this? America never gets it right! My last time watching this show. Haley was the one that should have gone home;she doesn't hold a candle to the others. Granny is SUPER P*SSED OFF! American Idol I'm done with you.

May 13, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rick

The others are talented, but James was the only one who was a real American Idol. I don't want to watch the show now! Another year, another boring winner!

May 13, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ricky

Did I miss something, what happened to Idol Gives Back? I don't think they had it last season either, but didn't watch every episode last season.

May 13, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. ned smith

American Idol has become a JOKE!! Last night was the last straw! First it was Pia, then Casey, then Jacob, and now James. Left 2 average female singers, and a country crooner. ADVICE:, to restore the integrity of the show, ONLY ONE VOTE PER PERSON, and like DWTS, LET THE JUDGES [though horrible this year] have 50% of the vote. Just Terrible

May 13, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Tammy

I;ve hated that Scotty kid from the very start. He was part of the bully mentality in Hollywood Week with the little chubby guy, and plain can't sing! Now I hope the little phuqqtard wins, that way he can end up just like Taylor Hicks & last years winner Lee, with a million bucks in his pocket, slipping down to a has been within 15 minutes.

May 13, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. mejazzbo

Lucky, James! Leave AI to the dogs.

May 13, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. sammy

i was so sad to see James leave. I honestly thought the top three would be Hailey, James and Scotty. I simply can not believe that people kept one-noted (before you argue her very bad performance of Unchained Melody proves my point) Lauren in. Not saying she cant sing because she can but she's not even close to being in the same league as Hailey, Scotty or James. I personally feel she is getting the sympathy vote. I hope America gets it right and makes the final two Hailey and Scotty. My personal prediction is that Scotty will take the prize but I would really like to see Hailey win.

May 13, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  12. Wow

Haley makes it!
    Thank god. Such a voice.

May 13, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sunshine Girl *

4th post already. Dont know why their not showing. Very annoying. Amazed James is gone. Never wouldve thought it by the way things have been going. I find it funny that he was never once in the bottom 3/the judges gave him such praise/America seemed to love him and now hes gone. Voting system seriously flawed to say the least. Cant stand Haley and her crosseyed smart aleck smirking self. She growls like a dog in heat. Good bye to her and good riddance. soon I hope. Scott will win now.

May 13, 2011 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. Quillie

Scotty looks just like Alfred E. Newman (of MAD Magazine fame). How'd that happen?

May 13, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. Shiger

I'm 78 1/2, female, watched all the shows except first year and vote (usually the winner). Tonight was very upsetting. The girls are okay, Lauren has more potential than Hailee, but James' departure was not only a shock but was devastating. My heart was breaking watching his reaction. I was somehow not aware of his two conditions, and amazed at how little it interfered with his performances. Hopefully his wife and child will help hiim get through this. Maybe Steve Tyler will help him in his pursit of a genuine career

May 13, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  16. MJ Shaw

HEY CNN!!!

Could you please be considerate of those who live on the West Coast and STOP POSTING AI RESULTS @ EASTERN TIMES!!!

Thanks for your consideration and courtesy in the future. I'm sure not putting up the elimination news until EVERYONE has had a chance to watch for themselves won't overly kill you too much, eh?

May 13, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. Aries

AI does it again, voting off the best. No big surprise, but James should have won it all.

May 13, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. James-fan

You know each year i say i'm not watching Idol again just for this reason. The one with the most talent gets the shaft right down to the last five and leaves one person (with NO talent) in. Haley should of went a long time ago and she just irritates me when she talks, not to mention what i feel when i hear her sing!

James has so much talent and such a big heart that voting him off has just made me sick.

I seriously think Idol is rigged. EVERY year this very same thing is done (someone WITH talent and that has a real shot at winning is voted off). Seriously....has anyone else noticed the pattern here?

Praying that someone signs James to a contract cause this guy deserves a break!!! HE SHOULD OF WON!!!

NO MORE IDOL FOR ME and praying Haley gets booted off SOON!

May 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJ Shaw

No offense, James-fan, because I'm a James fan as well. But don't dis on Hailey because she's not your "style" or because she's not metal. I wasn't a fan of hers to begin with, but I watch with an unbiased eye. She has grown soooo damn much over the course of this show, and she's got an amazingly flexible and controlled voice. Also, she has proven she is very diverse in her song and genre capabilities. Quit the hating just because your favorite left.

Now, you want the TRUTH? James should be in the top 3. Scotty, god love him and I'm not even a country fan, is going to have one helluva career, but his vocal talent wasn't at the level of James'. Oh well, Scotty picked a crazy patriotic song last night and I called it in a post on my FaceBook page – that song saved him from elimination.

May 13, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. Alabama

We love you James! I thought you'd be the next American idol, but I think you can do better. You have a great future. Don't give up!!! It's going to be so boring without you now. :(

May 12, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Spyderman

I don't get it! The granny vote is rolling in. I thought it would be zzzScotty. He's getting a little boring. James was any thing but. BTW I'm 60 and not the big rocker fan but James brought the house down last night on his last song, deservedly so.

May 12, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. derek

Utterly stupid! James is out and McCrappy is still in! Nonsense.

May 12, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. saneCanadian

I don't care to watch any more. The freaking country bumpkin idol. Sickening.

May 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. David M.

Now you know how Pia's fans felt! To bad James!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Depends

@ Mike no one gives a krap what some old deaf guy that listens to Frank Sinatra thinks! go celebate your 63rd b-day and drink your prune juice.

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Pat

The people who are saying Haley should go home are ridiculous. She had the performance of the night the last 2 weeks. Her vocal ability is amazing.

May 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LauraJ

No Casey, No James; NO SHOW. The rest are good, but not great. No IT factor. Too bad.

May 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. SMH

I AM DONE WATCHING IDOL, THE SHOW SUCK. WE SHOULD BE VOTING OFF THE WORST CONTESTANT. WATCH THE VOICE, MUCH BETTER SHOW.

May 12, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Sherry

Well, disappointing night on American Idol.....James was the ONLY reason I watched the show this year! James, you will be missed!

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. journalgirl

Seems to me winning American Idol is the kiss of death for many of the contestants. James will have his contract' And in America's heart – He is our American Idol.

May 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. andrew

can't believe scotty-small-voice is still mumbling his sh** on idol. this dude sucks sooooo much it hurts.
    leave it to the dumbo country, southern stupidos to vote for this ass****
    and don't forget the little girls who have a crush on the jesus lover.. my god
    how gay

May 12, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Soda

I do not know what people see in Lauren. I feel like the whole year the judges have been pushing her through. She has had some decent performances but nothing that says "Top 3". I am okay with Scotty being in the top 3 and I have liked Haley the whole time. She deserved to be in the top 3 after the way the judges butchered here last night with minimal criticisms of the other contestants. This is nothing new Scotty and Lauren will be in the finale with Lauren winning it. The contestants who have been voted off will have a bigger career I think.

May 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kathy

CRAZY!! James is by far the best they had! He never had a bad night, it is amazing and I think he will go on to great thing!!!

May 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. paulapaula

James i really hope u read this buddy i could tell you really wanted 2 win it well you know buddy that some of times you have 2 lose in order to win there is more than one road to the top keep ur held high dont let anyone knobk ynu down

May 12, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. PH

I have to say I'm surprised however in retro spec James will be better off for this. He can start his recording career much sooner and without the thumb of American Idol holding him down. Financially he will do much better............there are way too many people already looking at him as having everything it takes to hit the road and do stadium performances.........Failure isn't the end of the road.........it's the beginning of great things when you learn the lesson in the failure.

May 12, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sploinker

Boo Hoo Hooo Hoooooooo. He will be fine in the same shoes as other rockers who got voted off in the past like Daughtrey. Also remember this is a kiddy bopper show with parents who provide cell phones with unlimited text and even those who have gigantic texting bills. All the Haley haters make me laugh. I don't see one of you on American Idol LOL. Most of the slamming comes from women. Always has to be that women hating on women thing. Stop being jealous, this girl can wail and should be there. Lauren and Scotty both should have been gone a long time ago. Once again the bopper vote wins out. Rock on James!

May 12, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • judy

Every guy i know can't stand Haley's scratchy voice Their not jeoulous

May 13, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  36. RaleighBoy

What a total disaster!! Once again America got it totally wrong!! James and Casey have more talent in their little fingers that the combined talent of the final three. Lauren is a fat*a**ed creapette with little if any real talent. Haley does have some talent but is not in the same league as James or Casey. At this point I really don't care about who "wins" – It will probably be Scotty because all the mentally deficient teenage girls will split their votes between Lauren and Haley.

Idol really needs a Simon who could always be counted on to tell the TRUTH. The current panel of judges do not have an ounce of guts – they pander to every contestant.

May 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. journalgirl

Sadly, with James gone, it's anybody's game. I believe the person who grew the most through the Idol season is Lauren even though she is young. She's developing a nice stage presence and I hope she wins.

May 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. lana

James, Rosie O'Donnell show loves you and everyone calls into the show to tell her the same. Rosie, if you read this bring James Durbin on your new TV Show Own.

May 12, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. 2 in the pink 1 in the stink

Can you believe what just happened!amazing evening,hopefully this will result with me plopping a "PINK SOCK"

May 12, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mona parker

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! We all thought that Lauren was on her way. How in the world could they have voted the best guy since the very beginning–James out!! Something is trully fishy about this voting. James is going to be a big hit just like Lambert did. I still can't believe that the gals waved themselves in –How–Why–UNBELIeVABLE__We live in Oregon and are not going to watch IDOL tonight because of the results that came out online and we are all so sick of someone hacking the votes. It should have been James to be our "
    American Idol!" The judges themselves thought this would happen. He had not been on the seat at all –the three that are top all took their turns on the SEAT!!! What the heck is going on. I am beginning to wonder about sdomeone screwing aound with the votes. All and everyone we spoke to said, "OH! It's got to be James this year."

May 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. onedayless

Seriously? On ability to hold key, on voice range, on passion, on performance, on virtually every standard you can imagine, James was the best...on every standard but number of votes, James was the winner...one wonders...what would one vote per person have looked like? Let's see who has the most stellar career of the bunch.....

May 12, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yikes

I liked James but wow how can you say he was great at holding key? All three of the rest of them together have not hit as many off key notes as he has. He missed almost every note the week before (and more or less admitted it the other night himself).

May 13, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  42. paulapaula

Yep u r right everybody thought james was safe cause he is so dam good might i add that they voted 4 there 2nd favorite oh well james hire a agent and enjoy the good life you deserve it buddy

May 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. lana

I had a feeling tonight James was going home, and please no more country singers on American Idol, this is not the Grande O'l Ophray American Idol. James, you made it exciting every week always wondering what is he going sing this week. You were safe every week, and tonight the road ended. I hope that Santa Cruz still gives you a big homecoming dispite your lose tonight. I will not be watching the remainder of American Idol because the finalist simply bore me. They do not sing age apporiate songs, they sing like they were born in the 1950's. James, when you fall down pick yourself back up and move on, just because you did not make it to the final (3), there is something better for you. On the Rosie O'Donnell show today (Sirius channel 107) someone called in and said you would be great in the broadway show "Rock of Ages". There are many who did not make to the final or win and they did better than some of the winners (Taylor Hicks) he lacked talent won and is no where today. James, you are a positive, and nice person who will now have many doors open for you, to work in the music field and support your wonderful wife Heidi, and son Hunter. Rock On, James cause you were the most entertaining in American Idol History. Rock On Brother

May 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Paula

Haley will win this year.

May 12, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jack S

All REDNECK, COUNTRY, BACKWARDS, CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN, JUDGMENTAL USA stars for the FINAL. I am sure JAmes Durbin will do way better then any of them, because these rednecks don't follow their "idols"... At leat we have "THE VOICE" on NBC...

May 12, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dana

Man I am going to miss James! Can't wait for an album! Go out and pull a Daughtry!!!

May 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. chuckly

lol, people whine and cry every year when their favorite gets voted off, swear to never come back, and every year they are right back glued to the tube.

May 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jack

The REDNECK NATION spoke...

May 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Matt M

This is why I have no trust in the American electorate. JAMES DURBIN VOTED OFF? Well...one less show to watch. Sorry, Idol...not coming back again.

May 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

You lie. You'll keep on watching and you'll never buy a record from James Durbin. Just like 99% of the people who watch the show.

May 12, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. chedar

It is dumb. I can't believe James is leaving. I thought he will be the next american idol. What these left over? A buch Karaoke singers/ That's all. I am done with this show. I usally follow this show till the end But today it ended.

May 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  51. chuckly

vote for the worst didn't save scottie, it saved haley. I thought james was the only one that could beat scotty in the finals. Now it's scotty's to win. The girls will split the vote next week, scotty is a shoe in for the finals

May 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Michele

I think America got it wrong. But I know that James will have a career, hopefully as good as Chris Daughttry! James rocks!!!

May 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Francesca

Well I am shocked. Poor James. What an amazing spirit to overcome a disability and do that. He is way better than Scotty. I hope Lauren wins, hands down. She is the best singer left of the three.

May 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. paulapaula

O m g what a screw up james you just keep rockin baby your my idol haley has to go

May 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Matthew

Reading the 'net boards the last 24 hours everyone seemed to assume James was safe and so voted for the others – ironic isn't it? Country has always had a bigger following than other genres so I expect it to come down to Lauren or Scotty. However, and no disrespect to the top 3, but none of them know how to put on a show like James. He has a bright future ahead of him. This is not the end, this is only the end of the beginning.

May 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. nola

The voting system needs to change. Haley should of been outta here tonight

May 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evelyn Garrett

The voting system is flawed and america needs to make American Idol hear this. Haley has a bad attude and should have been sent home. Lets all make our voice heard. Fix this system!!!!!!

May 13, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  57. Bob

Who's doing the voting here....90 year old grandmas? I mean Scotty, seriously?

May 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mike

Two of the most talented this season Casey and James...all done. I thought it would come down to Haley Casey and James. Come on Haley win it.

May 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • xfm

James can work in musical theater. sometimes he sounds like Constantin Margoulis from season four = who
      is now star of Rock of Ages on Broadway

May 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  59. vbdub

That result is just crazy. The finals s/b Scotty, James for sure

May 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Ike

Gnyt America....

May 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  61. oaker55

I find it interesting that if one of the girls goes a little overboard, they are accused of screaming but someone like James basically screams all the time but that is acceptable! Everything he does is the same as is everything Scotty does is the same, but others are criticized if they don't take chances. At least James is gone. Maybe the voters are finally catching a clue.

May 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  62. bonniegirl

Aww, sorry to see James go. But. I think EVERYONE did the best they could, not just him...still kinda like him though....poor guy...

May 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Shocked

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! SCOTTY??!?! Looks like Vote for the Worst strikes again (Taylor Hicks, anyone?)

May 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Judi

Wow I didn't care for the high notes but James never sounded bad, ever. Hope he can go on to a nice career.

May 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. pat burlage

What??????

May 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Karen

Am I the only one that thought that Haley did really well with "Earth Song" last night? If you didn't like how she "yelles" it (on key, may I add) then you didn't like the original, which she stayed true too

May 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • xfm

I thought her voice sounded kind of tired last night. But ever since she sang Adele's song she has been my favorite -she absolutely owned that song

May 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Brocklee

james is a lot like chris daughtry from season 5 or whatever season it was

May 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jude

I agree , the Ones that get voted off like Daughtery, Jennifer Hudson etc. end up being more sucessfull that the one that wins it. It was so rude when James got voted off the smile that Lauren and Scotty had on their faces, the camera went right on them. I hope the weaker one Lauren beats both of them.

May 13, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  68. Shelby

YES!!! There is a God! I am so happy James is gone!!

May 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Brocklee

bye james!

May 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ike

Well James you are amazing anyway.....you are good. You will do well so do not worry.

May 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Greg

So happy for Haley. After her second performance, she deserves this.

May 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • xfm

I didn't care for Haley's work last night, but Rolling in the Deep and Benny made me a permanent fan

May 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Brocklee

i wonder if people are voting for haley out of spite hahaha... though i loved her 2nd song last night.. and i'd love for another girl to win

May 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Francesca

James looks scared. Poor guy. He will be fine. I think it is Scotty. Shocked Haley made it but I am glad America proved the judges wrong!! They were mean to her yesterday!!! Is it just me or does Ryan get darker every week???

May 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  74. xfm

Scotty will go home

May 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Karen

May 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ExSinger

Yes!!! Haley safe! It has to be James now. Scotty's untouchable!

May 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Canadian

Yay!! Haley made it!!!

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Brocklee

okay... what just happened... i was not expecting james and scotty to be in the bottom

i feel like james is gone...

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  79. bonniegirl

Holy chit! Who's going home??? Yikes....

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Erinn

HALEY!

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Maggie

Hey maybe no one will go home tonight

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. This blog stinks

Updates every 8 minutes...you call that live blogging? Try a new one every two minutes!

May 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Francesca

This is way too much filler. I am getting bored. It's Haley or Scotty. 10 more minutes to go......

May 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Karen

Agreed! Elimination nights could really be 30 minutes. Have them do their collaborative songs, one guest performance and then get down to business! All the "after the break" stuff is infuriating! I can't watch these night if they aren't on DVR

May 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Brocklee

okay.. i would like to actually have more results than the constant nothingness of performers... 45 minutes in and we know nothing except lauren

May 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  86. paulapaula

Wow jordan was wow wish i was that good

May 12, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Erinn

I am a fan of Jordan Sparks, but what the heck was that song? Come on...

May 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Karen

I think it's one of the guys. I like James' style, but personally, I thought he had his worst night last night and the judges are WAY too into him. Scotty- who really likes him and votes for him that doesn't already like country?

May 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • ExSinger

You have to consider that the little girls are into Scotty big time, and they're voting huge for him. James, who may indeed have been terribly inconsistent, is getting pimped by the judges big time! No. Haley goes.

May 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  89. bonniegirl

Wow. Jordin grew up....

May 12, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  90. ExSinger

Looks like Haley's going home, huh? With Lauren safe, and Scotty and James pretty much untouchable, it would take a miracle to save my sweet growler.

May 12, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Canadian

Why no comments from Levine tonight? Maybe he is too good with REAL judging!!

May 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  92. bonniegirl

Karen – well I don't hate her, but don't lover her, either. Yes, she's had a couple of really good nights, but generally there is something she does with her "forcing the growl" that I don't like. And she was kinda snippy last night. Enrique was hot, though...lol...

May 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Will

NO, this is not the only performance from Lady Gaga, she will perform live on the finale.

May 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Im Right Your Wrong

Ok I'm right and your wrong

May 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Erinn

Gaga is pretty damn cool. I hope we get an actual performance on the Idol stage and not just a tape of her in concert.

May 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. jimbo

James is the one that should go home tonight. His antics are getting old, and last night his performances were terrible. He couldn't key a tune last night if he had a handle. time to get rid of the Adam lambert want a be and get a true artist that will have a good future

May 12, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  97. paulapaula

Hey angie cant we all just get along now is anybody elses jaw dropping at gaga

May 12, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Karen

Why the Haley hating? You can't honestly say she doesn't sing well.... she's had 2 well deserved standing o's in the past 2 weeks. House of the Rising Sun was hands down the best performance of the year to date. Scotty is a one trick pony....sure he can sing hokey country- but you won't hear him some out with a top 10 single anytime soon. He doesn't do country like Carrie Underwood- meaning it won't translate to mainstream charts at all. The other three have that going for them- they will strive in their genres and mainstream.

May 12, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • xfm

I like Haley's work, she was out of her element on that James Bond song last night
      but that can happen to anyone.

May 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. paulapaula

Really like the final 4 this year just as long as james wins if not scotty orlauren wins haley sorry honey time 2 go

May 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  100. 2 in the pink 1 in the brown

" THE SHOCKER "

May 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Angie

Lisa, with the way you dumb everything down, have you ever thought of writing children's books?

May 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

I actually write mysteries.

May 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Seriously Angie, who do you think you are? This is a blog, not a medical journal. Maybe you should start questioning the person who has the gun to your head and is forcing you to read this....no wait, that person doesn't exist. Good bye.

May 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacobrocks

Yeah Angie. She writes mysteries like how to get a job at CNN when your writing level is below that of a sixth grader.

May 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  102. bonniegirl

Hearing the 2 girls together, I much prefer Lauren. And she looks great! Um, was S. Tyler checking out Hayley's butt???

May 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Karen

Haley rocked it last night! I don't know why everyone is saying that she was "bratty" with the judges....she slayed a song and was then horribly disappointed when Randy said it was out of her range. I hope he listened back to the show and realized she killed it! I voted for her multiple times last night just out of anger. LOVE HER! and Scotty is definately the one that should go home. His second performance? second hand embarrassment!

May 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  104. bonniegirl

Huh. James isn't so bad at country. Not a bad song, either.

May 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shar

I am so over Randy Jackson and his "in it to win it"
      Come up with something else would ya...
      Also love Country Boy and he'll have a great career
      but he gets a bit corny lookin sometimes...like last night.
      Haley is awesome and didn't deserve the lashing AT ALL.
      Glad Stephen stepped up. Lauren is awesome but too young and
      immature for all the Idol barrage. And James...he was made to be
      the American Idol. He just has "it".

May 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Listen, I'm 62, almost 63. I've been around a long time and watched an awful lot of singers in all genres. I don't mean to say I'm perfect but I do know singing and I know good. And all of the top ten American Idol contestants are good. But then there's great! I like rock and I like country too. I grew up listening to lots of folk and rock. When I got older I switched almost completely to country. Actually I like both and a lot more. Out of these last four young people James was and is the best! They're all good but he's great. He has a voice, he rocks everything he does 110%, he's a showman, he's true to himself and his genre and he pleases the judges and the audience. But most importantly James puts every f'ing bit of his heart and soul into it, he really totally worked for this! Only to have it stripped from him! Sometimes America makes mistakes, this was one, this was way past stupid. I actually hurt for this poor kid. He deserved better. This is so very wrong! I only hope that like other non-winners James goes on to have a great singing career as well he should!

May 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evelyn Garrett

I can't believe the results show last night. James should not have been sent home. He is so talented and has never had a bad performance. I have read everything anyone has posted about the show and believe as a lot of other fans that there has to be a better way to set up the votes. I will not finish watching this season.

May 13, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |