What's going to happen on 'Idol'?
May 12th, 2011

What's going to happen on 'Idol'?

Who gets to have that hometown visit on "American Idol"?

That gets determined tonight, and according to host Ryan Seacrest's Facebook page, "Tonight will be a VERY interesting 'American Idol.'"

So what does that mean? Shocking result? Stunning numbers? We'll soon find out!

Steven Tyler will also premiere a new music video on the elimination show. The Aerosmith frontman told Seacrest on E! that he hasn't always agreed with the voters.

"I was really bummed that Naima [Adedapo] got booted off because there's character there," Tyler said. "The best ones are the ones that us ordinary folks can find character in and hang our hat on that. Not just the great singing."

He also lamented about the loss of another contestant: Casey Abrams.

"Casey growled so much, he growled himself right off the show," Tyler said. "And his talent, to sing and play stand-up bass, is beyond talent. I'm just grateful that we got down to the Top 10 that were there, and how America votes after that, you [never] know."

Someone will soon join Naima and Casey. Join me here as I live blog the results of the elimination show.

1. Elayne

Thank God for miracles!! In California, we haven't seen the elimination yet, but I already know who was eliminated! God Bless America for recognizing talent. My faith has been restored.

May 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Elayne

I forgot to mention thatRyan Seacrest is so cool. He must be enjoying this season. He gets to be happy and fancy free, because he doesn't have to pick up the pieces of each contestant's heart after the judges' brutal lashings. How insulting the judges were last season beating up the talent they chose. Someone such as, Steven Tyler. knows better and is a stellar example of how to mentor new talent in a positive uplifting fashion. More power to Ryan, He has it going on, no doubt, Thank you Steven, for giving Ryan a great year!!!

May 19, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Elayne

After r ecovering from James being eliminated, I had to see American Idol again to see what in the world was going to happen next, The questions really are who deserves to win and who will win? On the one hand, I feel that Scotty should win. However, I have to accept that Haley just might win it all. I guess we all will be shocked tomorrow,

At least we all have the finale to look forward to. I hope that Scott picks George Strait as his idol. I hope that Haley picks Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks and Lauren Alaina will pick Martina McBride, Sarah Evans or Faith Hill. Do we really need to prepare ourselves for the magic James will make with his idol? I wish them well and hope I can survive the shock and awe results tomorrow.

May 19, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Ed

Take cold shower..tee hee

May 13, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mr. Ed

Oh my ..me got all excited thinking of Vee I made some typos..loosen is what i meant. jeepers..i'm h-ung and I couldn't c-um because she was sooo cold and uptight. I'll have to talke a cold shower

May 13, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mr. Ed

Has anybody seen Vee?! I'm still have some oats to finish with her. I need to get that uptight b**ch to lossen up. Please have her call me at 1-800-EDisHUNG. I had a date with her tonight but I couldn't get it in because she was so dry. She is so bent out of shape because of this Bethenny lady

May 13, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mark

But I look at all this as a blessing. I don't have to worry about watching American Idol again! Heck, maybe not the NFL either. Save money....live better....NO TV!

May 12, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark

I am...Was..a big Steven Tyler fan but when he shuned James and uplifted Haley I lost all respect for him. I am a product from the 70's but even I must say his new video is too old school and he will fail!

May 12, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elayne

Mark,

I just read your message and am not sure why you think Steven Tyler shunned James. James has items on Amazon already. Steven loved and still loves James. You know, James must already be signed.

May 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dave

What's going to Happen to Idol ?
    I hope this is the last time I have to listen to Randy say "In it To Win It". The show has gotten old and ran it's course where voting is at the hands of so called people, but I feel it's not the people but America Idol that kills the contestants off.

Maybe this will be last year of this show, the Voice has real talent.

May 12, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JuJuB

Im still upset about Casey being gone...

May 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. SYLVIA

sSO SAD THAT IDOL CAN'T SEE TALENT SUCH AS JAMES HE WAS SO GREAT AND NOW HE IS GONE..AS FOR THIS HALEY SO CALLED SINGER WELL SHE CANNOT SING BUT SHE SURE CAN GROWL'BEING JAMES IS NOT IN THE SPOT LIGHT LETS DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE SCOTTY THE VOTES GET HALEY OUT OF THERE..DON'T WORRY JAMES WILL BE STRONG AT MAKING HIS WAY UP THE LADDER.SOMEONE IS GOING TO GRAB HIM SO FAST.

May 12, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lucy lou

I hope Scotty goes home soon. The same old songs.

May 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. AmericanIDOLGettingOLD

Personally America Idol after seeing it tonight..i am more convinced then ever that America truly doesnt know how to vote. I guess that was why Simon and all left ..slowly but surely cause of this stupidity. Personally the day i will be so happy is the day ..i hear on the news anywhere..That they are Cancelling American IDOL for good..

its just become such a joke and slolwy everyone is catching on and getting tired of it..i know i am..

American IDOL..have the time the ones they boot out are the ones that make it...............hellooooooooooo America

May 12, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Resa

So this is the reason that this is my last Am Idol season.... What do we have left? Howdy doody, some boring 16 yr old southern girl, and Haley... Let's at least hope Haley wins it! I'm so sick of every season the real talent goes home... Adam Lambert..should have won hands down... Crystal bowersox too... Blah they need a new voting system or maybe stop letting little kids vote 50 times each..@#$#@

May 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. xfm

The judges on "The Voice" actually do some coaching. They are active. Not just
    sitting there like Tyler saying, "Well diddle my fiddle" or whatever
    little stupid stuff it is

May 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elayne

I really enjoy The Voice. I missed the first episode, but I have watched it ever since. I agree with that the judges take an active role on screen when they are preparing for the battles.

The thing about Steven Tyler is that he is a beautiful person and what he says is really important, because he is mentoring these kids probably as if he wished someone would have helped when he first started his career. The fact that his presence alone has made American Idol so credible and positive is great. Please don't think that the judges are not helping these kids behind the scenes.

May 19, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Franklin

If Scotty survives tonight, it will not be because of his performance last night. It was not that good. If he does survive I think the other performers need to start worrying about his fan base. Laurin belongs on a Disney show where young girls with pretty faces get to sing without the kind of pressure American Idol produces. They can be cute and corny and still get a change to sing and mature a bit. Haley, well she belongs in a night club or on the Vegas strip – enough said. James, he will always need a band behind him, flashing lights and fireworks – he will never make it solo on his voice alone. Who does that leave? Pia and Casey ... perhaps this is a build up to a last minute series surprise ... the judges return of American's Top Whoops !

May 12, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Carlita

I'm sorry but every time I look at Scotty, I see his resemblance to Alfred E Newman. Maybe a 10 gallon hat will help. Terrific voice though and somebody said he's just 17 years old? In any case he's bound for a huge career. For the Idol show, though, make mine James or (distant second) Haley.

May 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Resa

Totally agree with you... Yet look at tonight's results! Whoever is voting have no ear for talent! Scotty reminds me of Howdy Doody and Like another post said Lauren belongs on a disney channel. Ah well, another season where the real talent goes home Boooo!

May 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. castorico

i think i will be lauren that gets the boot

May 12, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Yankee Texan

If Haley stays tonite Ill commit suicide!

May 12, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • fairweatherfan

....really? Suicide? What an absolutely bizarre thing to say!

May 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sunshine Girl *

Go James! Hes definately the winner in my book. Hell take the cake for sure! Scott will be #2. Lauren is #3. Haley goes home finally. Itll be a great day in the morning when that cross eyed tramp gets the boot! Cant wait for the finale! Steven Tylers performance will be excellent! Oh I love him!

May 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Open Your Eyes

Itll only be interesting if Haley gets kicked off. Absolutely cant stand her and that dang animal growling. Bye Bye Haley!

May 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kevin

Halet stays and Scottie finally exits.....

May 12, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Corn in my

Idol in my poo.

May 12, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Superhiro

Gee really? The host of the show says it will be VERY interesting? It's almost like he's promoting it and has a vested interest in how well the show does. How odd.

May 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. dilberto

Scotty tastes just like chicken!

May 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roadking

Scotty is creepy. He can't sing. I predict he will soon be arrested for something perverted. He is so creepy.

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |