The Situation hurt by father's YouTube videos
May 12th, 2011

The Situation hurt by father's YouTube videos

Well, this is indeed a situation: Frank Sorrentino, the father of “Jersey Shore” star Mike Sorrentino, has recorded a series of videos posted on YouTube going after his son.

In a video with the title page “F- the Little F-” as seen on TMZ, Frank Sorrentino recounts a brief biography and then explains that his son “The Situation” “created more situations for me in my life than the name he gave himself.”

Frank continued, “He put me in more confrontations than any boy I ever had." Seeming to speak directly to his son, Frank tells the 28-year-old reality TV star, "You’re all for yourself….You’re full of --."

"I know you, I stood up for you," he goes on. "I put my f-- balls on the line for you a hundred f-- times...when you couldn’t. I ask you one f--- favor and you tell me to go f-- be like a regular f-- Joe Blow and go on welfare? No, my friend. I don’t do that."

Frank says on the video that he loves his son, but says to him, "You know what Mike, when you get to the top and you forget where you come from, somebody should remind you. I just want to remind you. That’s it. I love my son, but he broke my heart. And that’s what this is all about."

Frank's other videos provide tales about himself as well as The Situation, including times when he claims he's bailed his son out of perilous predicaments.

The Situation, who just inked a deal for a reality show, said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly that he’s “saddened” by his father’s actions.

"Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino's father has unfortunately decided to go public with some statements regarding Mike Sorrentino to garner himself media attention. Mike is extremely saddened by his estranged father's actions and the Sorrentino family, Marc, Frank Jr., Melissa and their mother Linda, remain united with Mike under these hurtful circumstances," the statement reads. "We are not offering any further comment at this time and are seeking the advice of legal counsel."

Filed under: Jersey Shore • television

1. arm-pitt

every italian-american guy i've ever met acts like these two...weird people

May 13, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Horace

Lamar Odems (spell check) was going through the same thing on Khloe & Lamar. His father always called him up asking for money and was a bum. But I guess he never trashed Lamar to the press because Lamar actually pays his father's bills. Situation's dad obviously didn't give him enough guidance growing up, so he shouldn't expect his son to give him anything in return.

May 12, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Peace

Wow, I am so thankful I come from a decent & loving family!

May 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Diana

Ugh I'm sorry, he's so ugly... but that doesn't compare at all to his horrible personality and manners! Girls who sleep with this guy are just as stupid and shallow.

May 12, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Miss Mari

Neither of them are exactly the epitome of a man.

May 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superhiro

If you guys would read the story, it seems like his sisters and his mother and the rest of his family support Mike's decision so I'm guessing that maybe giving his "astranged" father a bunch of money isn't the best idea. Who knows, Mike's father could be like a massive drug addict or gambler.

May 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. keeping it real

seems like hes more of a conundrum than a situation

May 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Manny

Only in America can you have no education, big arms, little brains, huge egos, get a TV show about nothing and become a freaking millionaire!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA ...

May 12, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. twisted

And. this matters why?

May 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ twisted

Things only "matter" when you pay attention to them. So in this case, you came to this article and left a comment... so unfortunately you may deny it but it mattered enough to you. It shouldn't matter, but web traffic makes it matter... be one less of a person here... works wonders.

May 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SueB

Didn't the Situation earn something like $20 million last year? Incredible (and what a sad statement about our society) – but I guess he doesn't have enough to share with his family.

May 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. momofbron

That ugly arrogant face – I'd like to put my fist through it – his and his frankie fongoul / putana friends

May 12, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  12. Too Sad

I think Christian Bale's mother and sister pulled the same thing. The we want money and if you don't give it us we'll embarass you while your promoting your project type thing. I guess when you're a star with money you're fair game, even to your own family.

May 12, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. thegoat

The situation is dbag, but id tell my half-estranged pop the same thing if I had loot and he came begging. Enjoy yo welfare pops!

May 12, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  14. Steve

While the posting of the videos may be messed up...did anyone think "The Situation" (what a d0uche really) was out for anyone but himself or genuinely cared about anyone else?

May 12, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Steve

Like father, like son. Do you really think the father genuinely cares about his son? Looks more like he wants his own 15 minutes of fame.

May 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. After Burner

Would love to see someone kick the living hell out of the situation.

May 12, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. nancine

Poor little baaaaaby. I hope the little fuudjepacker didnt cry.

May 12, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. Paco

Just looking at this guy you know his dad is 100% correct. Arrogant little basturd.

May 12, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • umm

Don't hate it b/c you ain't it, paco.

May 12, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoanna2

Ok, maybe he is an arrogant such and such, but children are a product of the homes they came from. Clearly the father isn't a class act himself.

May 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iggy

the situation behaves like a white will smith...a complete arrogant jerk.

May 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |