Tamar Braxton: Mariah named her twins what?
Tamar Braxton, left, and her sister Toni Braxton attend a gala in New York on May 3 2010.
May 11th, 2011

Tamar Braxton: Mariah named her twins what?

As the youngest and most vocal member of her family, Tamar Braxton is rarely at a loss for words on WE's "Braxton Family Values."

The backup singer was left speechless, however, during a recent Vulture interview in which she learned that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon had named their twins Monroe and Moroccan, with the latter being a tribute to a room in their house.

"I mean, my mouth is dropped. Like, whaaat?" Braxton said after several moments of silence. "Maybe she named her daughter Monroe after Marilyn, because I know she loves her. And, oh my God, really, that's what she named them?"

Still letting it sink in, Braxton added, "I'm not feeling that. But those are her kids, and maybe it's the initial shock, because I felt like I could potentially be her baby's godmother, 'cause I love her so much."

That said, Braxton admits she wouldn't want to be godmother to children named Monroe and Moroccan.

"Ehhh … no," she laughed. "I'm just in shock."

With her outspoken nature and affinity for using "dotcom" in a sentence (as in "I am not feeling this.com"),  the youngest Braxton has been pegged as the breakout star of her family's reality show.

She's even launched a site to collect all of the zany URLs fans have come up with based on her catchphrase.  Viewers will get to see more of the Braxtons, as WE has ordered a second season that will premiere in 2012.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Mariah Carey • Music • television

1. melissa

U R way to much tamar u think ur all that and ur not U make ur self look stupid poor vince take a good long look in the mirror all the other girls need to knock the hell out of U

January 1, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tena

Tamar is trying her best to soak herself in her sisters limelight, and bottle it for herself. Tamar ride your own pony, and stay off your sisters back, you'll never be her. You don't have the looks, or the talent

November 7, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Name*Jade monroe

Haha the name monroe is cute but I don't like morrocan cannon as a name.lol Tamar is too much though I love that she doesn't care what people think go ahead and work your confidence

June 18, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rae

I think people need to mind their business. worry about whats going under your own roof before ya start looking at others. what people name their kids and how much plastic surgery they've had is nobodys damn business. get a life! stop hatin' Cause you jelous!

June 14, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. topsyturvy

For Tamar: I think you are so gorgeous, you are just a joy to watch and I agree with Vince you are going to be a huge star very soon, you already are the leader in the Braxton Family Values. You have the sweetest husband. When you said you wanted to make him happy like he does you, then he said I am happy everyday when I turn and see you beside me. What a sweetheart. You both compliment each other. You are going to be a huge hit how could someone that looks like you do and can dance, and sing it is sure thing.

May 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • dana

tamar will never become the superstar that she thinks she is it's not going to happen. hello tamar deisel and denim dum meaningless names, I thought toni was smarter than that guess not.

August 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sabine1969

They will call that boy Roccan pronounced Rockin. He will be called Rockin' Cannon – wait and see. :)

May 16, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. punkROCKINhippie

whatever, your name is different and i'm sorry but doesn't your sister Toni have kids named Disel and Denim? Just sayin'

May 13, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. beenz

The names aren't great, but compared to the celeb who named her son AUDIO SCIENCE, they seem normal. Audio Science sounds like a class on 'Community'.. 'Can't talk now, I'm late for Audio Science'

May 12, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Truth Hurts

As much as I agree with the people who are saying, "Tamar who?" or "Who is she to tell Mariah?" she needs to realize who she's talking about... we're talking about a singer who used to be at the top of her game before the downfall (which really took the cake with Glitter). Since then she's had mental issues all over the place. Just remember that you may not agree with her children's names, but if you take a good look at the source it all makes a little more sense... nutjobs give nutjob names to their children.

Celebrities are just trying to outdo each other with completely absurd names... take for example Alicia Silverstone and her son... Bear Blu???

May 12, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

Mariah isn't crazy. Not any crazier than the rest of us are. People talk about her breakdown like she never recovered, like her career never came back (it did in a big way), and that she's just a loon. Is she immature? Yes. Is she stupid for giving her kids such stupid names? Yes. Is she stupid for marrying Nick Cannon? Absolutely. But you can't call her "crazy" without knowing her personally. Mariah doing things you wouldn't do doesn't necessarily make her crazy. I'm so tired of seeing this blanket slam. People need to drop it.

May 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Gretta

Morrocan & Monroe is the long version. Roc & Roe will be the short version.

May 12, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. Whoopi Goldberg

My fat black ass would love to go down on those two gals.

May 12, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. kathy

Nick and Mariah's son is an Africian name and their daughter's name is after Marilyn Monroe.
    SHUT UP HATERS!

May 12, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. Doc Octopus

Tamar is a stupid talentless biotch.com. She needs to STFU.com

May 12, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Aubree

Jenn, I agree. I didn't even know Toni Braxton had any sisters, and now that I know.. I realize why it was swept under the rug. Mariah had hard times before her pregnancy with the twins because of her miscarriages. I think people need to stop being so cruel about the names. Are they your kids? Geez. Just stfu.

May 12, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jenn

I hate the names (love you, Mariah!), but I must point out that Tamar is a D list celebrity-wannabe trying to ride on Mariah's fame. Who asked this heffa to speak? Seriously, asking Tamar Braxton to comment on what superstars name their kids? Come on, now. "I could be their godmother, tee hee." I bet Mariah doesn't even know her.

May 12, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Salome

I totally agree with you! I love Mariah, and always will. No matter what people think or say about her, I loooove Mariah. But I hate the names. But those are her kids, and we cannot change that. Besides, as one person said here, Toni Braxton named her kids....Denim and Diesel......Hello? Those Denin jeans are....Fill your tank with Diesel......

May 12, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jasmine

I think that they are her kids god blessed her with them and if she wants to name them morracan and monroe that is fine we are not god and cannot judge her on her choice of names I believe they are unique kuddos to mariah and nick

May 12, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. sarah

People have named their kids much more obnoxious and ridiculous names then Monroe or Morrocan.

May 12, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jax

Well Kat I don't think its fair we call it a dumb name, it's really not for us to judge. Whatever floats her boat I guess!! Monroe, Morroacaan, Poor Bear, Blu Bear– I feel inspired to go watch a Disney movie

May 12, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. Aubree

Who cares if her name is Hebrew? They call him Rock for short. I think it's strong, and unique. I rather have that name then Apple, or Bear Blu. People need to just stop being so critical like Mike said. She has 2 healthy babies, and that's all that should matter.

May 12, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  20. kat

Well, at least Tamar is a real (Hebrew) name. Moroccan is a dumb name period. I mean, I could see naming the child MOROCCO, but Moroccan?! "Hi! I'm Moroccan!" "Oh you're from Morocco?" "No, I'm from LA" "?????"

May 12, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Right. That's like a child named Canadian, Romanian, Hawaiian, etc. It just seems weird to name a child the same thing that a group of people from a particular country are referred to. Oh well. They're her and Nick's children. Somehow I bet Nick didn't have much to say about their children's names. But maybe he did. Maybe he's just as strange as she must be.

May 12, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Mark Rouge

Hey!!! Come on! Moroccan Carey sound Monroe Carey sound alot better than Tamar Braxton, TAMAR sound like something a Magician says after the trick, but what do I know i'm British.... All i'm saying is stop being so damn critical, the name will grow on you. If I remember some time back when Will Smith and Jada named there kid yall had a good moan then. Look whats happening now, she is a household name. could have been worse like bin & laden.

May 12, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  22. nikkiNOminaj

lmfao @ Yahme....you really sat back and thought this one out. I'm am weak over here. very good point you made...lol

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Aubree

I don't think Tamar has any room to talk. I totally even forgot about the Braxtons, and keep in my probably half the population only knows the name Braxton because of Toni. I was just reading that Alicia Silverstone named her son Bear Blu. Talk about a name. Mariah & Nick named their babies different names, and I can appreciate that. At least she didn't name them after a fruit or vegetable. Oh and one last note, if someone turned down the honor of being a godmother because of the kids names, then that person doesnt need to be one in the first place.

May 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Amanda

Hello her nephews (Toni's Sons) are named Denim and Diesel!!!!! Those are just as weird!!!

May 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Yayme

I was so off kilter with this information that I even spelled it wrong, sorry Moroccan Cannon or is it Moroccan Carey or better yet is it Moroccan Carey Cannon, whatever I'm sorry for not spelling your name right. Now I'm done.

May 11, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Yayme

I didnt care to find out what Mariah named her twins but somehow I cared to find out what Tamar Braxton thought of what Mariah named her twins. That being said, like really Mariah, come on now. You cant name your child after a loved one, a person who inspired you, your favorite teacher, maybe your husband's dear old grandmother, no you Mariah named your child after a design scheme in your home. My jaw is still dropped too. I'm sorry but I hope you come up with a nickname real fast for Moraccan. It doesn't flow off the tongue. Everyone just imagine having to call out that name from a good distance, imagine little Moraccan has wandered too far at the playground (that I'm sure he/she will never see the light of anyway) and you have to call THAT name out. "Moorraaaccaannn, come here". Ok Im done venting. As long as the babies are healthy is what is important, I'm just saying though.

May 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Evel Knievel

She'd probably name her kid after a room in her own house. Maybe "Crapper".

May 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. K

At least "Tamar" is in the Bible. Smh. Mariah, I love you but DAMN!!!

May 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jasmine

wow. How much 'work' have the Braxtons had done?! Wow...they look so..so..plastic shall I say.

May 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. sae

that show is a mess......dot com.

May 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. moon627

...uh – look who's talking – Tamar? what kind of name is that ? The T must stand for Twit

May 11, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Touche

May 11, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Brown Derby

From the look on Toni's face I would have to guess she just dropped a deuce in her panties. Tamar just hasnt got a whiff of it yet.

May 12, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • demitasse76

Tamar is a legitimate name from the Old Testament. Genesis 38.

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Mariah Carey

I thought of the names Moroccan and Monroe while munchin on fresh butt brownies stait from Nicks bunkyhole.

May 12, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |