Gellar: New 'Buffy' movie is 'dumbest idea ever'
May 11th, 2011

Gellar: New 'Buffy' movie is 'dumbest idea ever'

Several cast members of the much-beloved series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" have weighed in on the upcoming Joss Whedon-less "Buffy" movie, and now Buffy herself, Sarah Michelle Gellar, has made her feelings known.

"It was a movie. It's been made. It stars Kristy Swanson. They don't need to make another one," she said in an interview with CNN on Tuesday. "I think it's a horrible idea! To try to do a 'Buffy' without Joss Whedon? To be incredibly non-eloquent, that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard!"

Gellar is planning to return to series television for the first time since 2003 in a pilot for CBS called "The Ringer."

"I miss television, I do. It took me a while to understand that I missed it," she said. "Eight years is a really long time, especially at my age, being so young and not knowing other things and you realize you miss the familiarity, you miss the crew, you miss - it's almost like summer vacation and seeing your friends after the break."

Gellar went on to say that having a child motivated her to seek the stability of a regular series. It's also motivated her to join with the "Nestle Share the Joy of Reading Program," and to consider possibly writing a children's book in the future.

"It's a tough market to crash," she said. "It's been on my radar for a very long time. I've never fancied myself a writer, so we'll see."

Gellar visited the Los Angeles Public Library's historic Central Library on Tuesday to promote the program, which encourages continued reading over the summer.

"I love books. I'm constantly afraid that we're moving into this digital era where books are going to go away," Gellar says. "To me books are the basis for everything in life. Reading is how we function, it's not just creative imagination and creative play, it's how we function as human beings, as adults, and if you can instill that at a young age that's a skill they have for life."

1. angel

I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, but I assumed this post used to be great. I do not know who you might be however definitely you are going to a famous blogger in case you aren't already. Cheers!

June 16, 2012 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. woody

woa miss geller i knows its your opinion but im not finding my self feeling too good of miss geller
    i mean remakes can make money and thats the whole purpose of remaking a a film franchise i loved buffy orignal film and show so i hope a new film gets made and i wont be buying any book she creates

January 15, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brandon o'shields

sarah im your biggest fan ever! i have all your season of buffy on dvd. i was so depressed when the show went off the air. so please make a buffy movie! you are the most beautiful woman i have ever seen in my whole intire life. i wish i could meet you in real life that is my dream. me and my boy friend watches your show every day for fours a day. so pleas make a movie! :) love your biggest fan ever Brandon O'shields! :) :)

September 22, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Andy Arias

I have always know that Sarah was smart and thoughtful. I am constantly inspired by her to be a better actor!

August 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sha-el

i am a really big fan of buffy and making a buffy movie with out Joss Whedon is just wrong in every way!

July 3, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Robert

Whedon's response to the news that he isn't writing the script is better in itself than the movie will be:

June 9, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. kim

ok i love buffy both the org movie and tv show its my fav thing ever but without joss no thanks

May 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. why

hope you mean original from the movie and not the show,

May 14, 2011 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Annie

A Buffy movie needs to have all the original cast and Joss. Without them is just a ripoff from one of the best shows ever made.

May 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BIG BUFFY FAN

i am a big Buffy and JW fan... I don't think the movie could be as successful as the original. However, i know they will still do it, so at least have tribute and respect to the original crew and creator.

May 12, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jillmarie

I'm a fan of the original movie, I'd still LOVE to watch a remake! It would be fun to see how they remake the 90's film. I never got into the series,the movie was way more fun for me.

May 12, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. will smith

I think we make this movie using my daughter Willow as Buffy. We could remake the singing episode so everyone could just be amazed by her voice. Totally rockin'. Then, we get a Latina to play Cordelia, my son to play Xander, I'll play Giles – except he'll be a wisecrackin', muscle bound librarian with ghetto smarts, my completely amazing wife will be Buffy's Mom and also play Jenny Calendar and maybe we'll get a Native American to play Willow Rosenburg. Also, change that Rosenburg kid's last name to something else – the reason's obvious! We won't forget you whitees. All the vamps and creeps will be white so we can kill them and look like we're doing the right thing. This movie will rock. If it doesn't win 50 Academy Awards, then I'm the vicitim of racism. You can't see me, but I'm clapping for myself because my praise is the only praise worthy of me.

May 12, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. slayer

Wow, I'm pretty sure Sarah must have been in contact with a vampire. She looks the same as she did 10 years ago. Awesome! Thanks for not messing with a timeless look.

May 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dc

Joss Whedon = overrated. He hasn't had a successful project since. (We see you, Dollhouse)

May 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Terrys son

Hey don't you think it's nice that Sarah's encouraging young people to want to read? Forget about Buffy, it was good but it's gone now. Instead of watching the DVDs for the umpteenth time why don't you pick up a book instead, or even better write a story that's as good as Buffy was, then maybe we can all discuss that instead.

May 12, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. nina786

i likes Sarah as Buffy.....:D

May 12, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  17. Gaunt

The studios are deeply retarded.

Here are the facts. The concept behind Buffy is incredibly supid and infantile. It is one of the silliest concepts that Hollywood has ever produced, and that was back BEFORE the current 'every-movie-must-contain-vampires' fad, which took a bad idea and made it a tired, old bad idea.

The show was a sucess because this terrible idea went into the hands of an inspired writer/director and some reasonably skilled actors. They turned pure stupidity into a watchable show, and after a season or two of shakedown, into quite a good show. (The first episode was also pretty weak, if you recall)

So take this TERRIBLE idea, strip it of all the things that miraculously made it decent, and then make a film out of it, in an environment saturated with similar stories.

Or, you could take your money and pour it into a shredding machine. Same difference.

May 12, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lev

I agree with Sarah. Without Joss, it's a stupid idea.

May 12, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. Finrod

Joss Whedon can't get funding to do a Spike movie, but some fool is going to fund a reboot that no one wants? Yeesh.

May 12, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jack

Dumb

May 12, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  21. whatever

not a buffy fan. The show was so cheesy.lets hope the movie reboot will be better than both the original movie and that horrible tv show.

May 12, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  22. johnnyb

They should cast Jenna Jameson and call it Buffy the Vampire LAYer. That I would watch.

May 12, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  23. Shannon Nutt

I'm sure William Shatner thought a new Star Trek was a bad idea. Why make Batman Begins? They just did a series of Batman movies! Bottom line of it is the movie is all going to come down to story and casting. They get it right, this could be a huge hit. Get it wrong and, well...it still can't be as bad as the original Buffy movie!

Oh, and no whining about Joss Whedon not being allowed to do this...he was offered the chance very early on, and wasn't intested. Besides, even though his Serenity flick was pretty good, it flopped at the box office. Better to re-invent the concept and appeal to new and old fans alike, than bring back the original cast and only make a movie for the fan base.

May 12, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • citizenUSA

My sentiments exactly.

May 12, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jaime

You know why they made Batman Begins? Because of Batman and Robin. They had to reboot Batman to save it from the crap it had become and lead it into a more respeted place. The reason it *COULD* be done was because the Batman property has much more history and canon much of which has great gravitas. That bedrock of lore doesn't exist in the Buffyverse.

I could see Spiderman without Stan Lee's involvement, because enough has been done with Spiderman so as to expand the lore beyond the man. Stan Lee will live forever because of Spiderman, but the same can not be said for Joss and Buffy... yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Buffy fanatic, but I can tell you with certainty that Buffy has not penetrated our culture in the same way these patriarchal archetypes have over the course of multiple generations. I want to see Buffy reach hat point, in part because of the undertone of gender equality with which Joss writes. I want to see our culture embrace a strong woman who isn't a walking S&M fantasy (Wonder Woman who in has a magic super bondage lasso that she is vulnerable to? ( >_< )

I jut don't think that the studio will be the proper stewards of the property they own. I don't think they can take the long view.

May 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jaime

Also, I make a lot of typo's.
      I iz gud @ english n so ken U!

May 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Revello

When the rumors first started about a Buffy movie, I was excited. Then slowly but surely the details came out and excitement turned to pure horror. No Joss. No TV cast. Not a new Slayer story or even Faith's, just a new Buffy. I think the kicker came when I heard just who was pushing for this– the same people that got a hefty paycheck from the show even though the only thing they'd done was their involvement in the movie. As a true fan, that is not who I want pushing for more Buffy-related projects because to them it's a cash-cow they want to milk for every cent. If they manage to put a movie out there, my beloved series will become a seemingly endless stream of sequels/prequels that get progressively worse.

May 12, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jam

Maybe next hollywood will make an Everybody loves Raymond movie you know just to get it out of the way.

May 12, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. @N

wat a terrible idea!!!the old 1 was very good.dey shud stop being so lazy & write their own movie.may b dey good be very big.dey can go with a bookseries.the twilight saga got very popular!!!Why couldnt dey come up with there own idea?oh rite dey r too lazy to write b/c dey watch too much tv.

May 12, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  27. shauna7824

Now not to get off topic but a perfect sequel with the original cast would be my so called life. but also, yes no original cast or whedon, then no buffy movie. kind of like the new bourne series has a new director and a new actor, they should of just left well enough alone

May 12, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  28. Ituri

I think one thing is clear. The "Buffy" name has been cast, movie wise. It was a comedy, then it was Geller. Trying to redo what worked so well already, I just don't see it going over well. Lord knows the Geller fans are going to eat it, vomit it up, then stomp around on top of it since Whedon isn't involved.

May 12, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. big

Never watched the show but it seems like the movie will b a formula film. Gellar showed no class in her critique of the venture, Toby McGuire was not mean spirited to his successor, Ed Norton, Eric Bana, etc showed support. what the owners to a prperty do with it is none of her business

May 12, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
    • tallulah13

Actually, it is her business. She WAS Buffy. She spent seven seasons in that role and to the many fans of the show, it absolutely belongs to her.

Gellar took on a role that existed solely in one flop of a movie and turned that character into a household name. Seven season she did the hard work. Toby McGuire, Ed Norton, Eric Bana et al had long-established comic book characters to work with, and Bana and Norton did a single movie in that role (and as I recall, both movies were box-office failures). They had a helluva lot less invested. Kind of easy to be gracious when you don't care that much.

She has every right to complain. Joss Whedon created the Buffy universe. To remove him from any Buffy project is like removing Stan Lee from any Spiderman project. It's a bad idea, and any true fan would object.

May 12, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  30. jayman419

Joss Whedon is a pretty good writer, but it's not like he's some god. You're glossing over a lot of filler in your fond memories of his work. He just likes to torture pretty girls.

Remember how annoying it was listening to Buffy's speeches every week? Or how he gave Angel's show to Spike after SMG quit Buffy? Remember how grossed out you were when Cordelia and Conner got together? Ultimately, he's just trying to make it hard to change the channel when commercials come on.

May 12, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
    • tallulah13

Got it. You didn't like the show. A lot of people did, and are offended that someone who simply has rights to a movie concept wants to redo something that doesn't need redoing.

The show had it's flaws (and the last two seasons were mostly awful), but at its best, Butty was a wonderful show about duty, loyalty and friendship. It was also incredibly witty, genuinely creepy, sometimes sad - and the cast rocked it. Greed is the only motive for a remake this soon after the original stopped running. And for the record, I'm not a Joss fan either, but the show was built on the efforts of more than one person.

May 12, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Jaime

Cordi and Conner was supposed to be ick. I'll go so far as to say that with the exception of "Beer Bad", there really wasn't a turd episode in either series. Whedon was an effective writer. Also, he wasn't the one who REALLY loved to torture pretty girls. That would be Marti Noxon (aka whips and chains girl) who had many writing and eventually producing responsibilities in Buffy.

Regardless, the comic book, while great, is a niche comic that doesn't have ubiquitous appeal like an iconic book (Wolverine, Captain America, Superman, Spiderman). The property lacks the mistique of smaller comics like 300, Sin City, and Jumper. These movies were able to draw on their material without having to deal with preconceptions and demands of adherence to the subject matter (although Sin City was incredible in its adherence).

I don't see how this movie is a financial success unless they make if for 10 Million bucks with a great story, and it ends up making 23 Million.

May 12, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  31. big

Never watched the show but it seems like the movie will b a formula film if it is made. Gellar showed no class in her critique of the venture, Toby McGuire was not mean spirited to his successor, Ed Norton, Eric Bana, etc showed support. what the people who own the rights to a prperty do with it is none of her business

May 12, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  32. tup

I want to know what happened to angel and his crew maybe that will come up

May 12, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • jayman419

Unlikely for 2 reasons. One, David Greenwalt created Angel (and ran the show for its first 3 seasons) and still has some control over the character. And two, Whedon already addressed that in his comics.

May 12, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. tup

I think it might be a good idea cuz I want to know what happens with rebuilding everything but it has to have all the people from the show but I havnt seen season 8 yet so maybe all the things I want to know are showen in that season

May 12, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  34. tallulah13

The only reason to reboot Buffy is greed. Buffy's been done and done well, and I shudder to think what this uncreative bunch would come up with. They should wait at least another 10 years, because the original is still playing on cable to fans old and new. Gellar IS Buffy, and Willow, Xander and Giles, as played by the original cast, are irreplaceable.

How about something fresh and new, instead of wrecking something that is so loved by so many people.

May 12, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. Shiba219

No joss no sarah no original cast ...i mean at least some...why even bother to try n make this..is like stealing an original amazing formula n using cheap nasty n ugghh ingridients that have nothing to do with the original n just using the same name for it....n yesss sarah iwas n is HOT..hatters

May 12, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  36. Andrew

Burn in hell buffy reboot! Hollywood needs to stop stealing and rehashing other people's work..this is joss's creation only and screw 3D gives me a headache!

May 12, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  37. theDude

Funny to hear a person made famous on television decry the digital age as we read the article on cnn.com.

May 12, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Miracle Whipped

Websites, web articles, tweets, Facebook walls and blog posts are not books, dude.

May 12, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  38. Mattmchugh

Never liked Buffy, couldn't stand Gellar, and never thought much of any of Joss Whedon's work. And I'm a middle-aged comic book geek fanboy... his target demo! Don't know why but his whole approach never caught my interest.

May 11, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • tallulah13

So don't watch it. Sheesh.

May 12, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Twist

Actually the target of Buffy was teen girls and it was wildly successful. Stop being bitter that someone wised up and started targeting fantasy away from the straight white male audience

May 12, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  39. steve kephart

i can't imagine a buffy movie without joss would be any good when the original was his and sucked. it wasnt his fault it was a bust. what do you expect to happen when you only have a valley girl who can kill vamps for a plot. the movie needed a lot more and i doubt a second wuld be better.

May 11, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  40. len

Never underestimate the power of Hollywood to lose money. Buffy without Whedon is what Rosanne is to the national anthem.

May 11, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miracle Whipped

You realize you're referencing an 'event' from over 20 years ago, right?

May 12, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  41. juskym

Joss Whedon and the original TV cast have a built-in audience that Hollywood is REALLY dumb not to tap into. Ever hear of a little show called Star Trek? Rabid followers of the original TV show made the first motion picture with the ORIGINAL cast such a hit, that it spun off all the rest of the movies and TV shows that followed in the 80s, 90s and 00s. What is wrong with studios that they would want to take Buffy away from Joss AGAIN! (That did not work well for the first Buffy movie, which was widely panned and a massive box office failure).

May 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Adam

Oops. I must have stumbled upon E Weekly.

Nope, still CNN.

This is why I go to out of country websites for news about my country.

May 11, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. shira

No Joss, no Buffy. Period.

May 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. me

Buffy no. The movie was not good. The series fixed it. The series ended, well. No need to touch it. Angel on the other hand, the series was cut short. Unfinished business. Forget the last few "we have to wrap this up" episodes happened and pick it up again. There is the opportunity. Anything buffy is an uneeded rehash. Angel has stories to tell.

May 11, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. CL Jahn

The only way a Buffy movie can work is if Joss Whedon is in charge. I'm not necessarily insistent on the cast of the series being involved (although that can only make it better), I won't see a Buffy movie that Joss Whedon didn't make. Period.

May 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jem

Sarah Michelle Gellar is only like 34. That IS NOT OLD for God's sake! Saying that 34 is old... That's just silly!

By the way, I agree with Sarah about the movie. If Joss and the show cast are not involved, I am most likely not going to be interested.

May 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. yeah

It doesnt matter if the cast is a little older. We grew to care about the characters/actors. We have gotten a little older too.

May 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. harry whritenour

they should do a buffy movie but with the cast of buffy n angel not new people

May 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Benn

I think it was the last show i really looked forward to watching. . . Supernatural was watchable but sure not Buffy. . . Buffy was a genuine incredible series. . We hope everyone is having a super happy week. Almost weekend time ! WAHOOOOOOO !

May 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. julie

No way no how should they remake buffy or angel. Wouldn't be the same. I watch angel in the morning. Sarah is way hotter than kristy. Yes I am a woman and not gay.

May 11, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  51. badcyclist

It is a terrible idea. Happily (a) I am not invested in this debacle-to-be in any sense of the word; and (b) when the producers lose their shirts I'm going to laugh my a** off.

May 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miracle Whipped

You are a class act.

May 12, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Miracle Whipped

Bye-the-bye, what are you invested in? What kind of big deals do you have goin' down? You're a player? Do you frack?

May 12, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  52. Annie

I LOVE Buffy..and miss it terribly. A Buffy movie without Joss and crew...count this girl out. Really dumb idea.

May 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. tim

lol all she can say is "its totalyl dumb" wow. its obvious by the intelleigence of that statement shes not writing scripts. what it really took her to come back ot Tv is the realization that no one wants to see her in a movie. and as for all you shut ins and overweight girls listen up. its hollywood and they coudlnt care less about what anyone thinks. not only that your all whiniing over some lame tv show it wasnt that good the movie wasnt that good and thats that. if it was so good it wouldnt have gone to UPN before its demise.

May 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carjoytac

Well you must have seen both the movie and tv series to have come to that conclusion. So what does that make you? Obviously not an overweight girl because your name is tim. I guess your just a dou@he bag who has nothing better to do with your time then share your useless opinions and negativity.

May 11, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miracle Whipped

Timmy!!!

May 12, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  54. NickC

I'm a huge BtVS fan, and even went to see the cast do a Q&A at the 1998 San Diego ComicCon. I've seen every episode of BtVS. The Buffy movie reboot is a HORRIBLE idea, with or without Joss or any of the cast. Joss and the cast have spoken. Kill this stupid movie idea.

May 11, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Kitty

I don't care if Sarah is not the original Buffy. She's the one who took the role and made it her own. She was amazing in that show. A Buffy movie without Joss would be a huge mistake. No way will I see it. I wish Sarah the best of luck on her new show and hope it gets picked up.

May 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. jojos a BIG Fan!!

I own the Krist Swanson Buffy Movie and all 7 seasons of Buffy the series on DVD....I was late teens early twenties when the show came out and had to back track a bit and watch some reruns to catch up but over all the movie and show were both brilliant! Clever dialouge, great cast and themes that just kept changing...Joss is definitely the defining factor No Joss No Buffy! I heard it was gonna be produced by Fran and Rubel Kuzui who were involved with Buffy but ultimately Joss Rules....As for the TV cast I would love it if they all came back but evidently that is not going to happen... I may watch it still but I will wait until it comes out on DVD...BTW anyone know where I can find the whole season 8 in the comic books????

May 11, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shannon Nutt

Hey jojos – you can find the entire Buffy comics series (both as individual issues, and in volumes that collect 5 issues in each one) at a site called "Things From Another World". I'm guessing CNN won't let me post the link, but just Google it!

May 12, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  57. jwitt

as a huge buffy fan, i dont think makin a movie without joss whedon is a good idea. as far as the cast goes, i think the tv show cast would be wonderful. i heard a horrible rumor that they were gonna cast the twilight kids. now that would be just dumb.

May 11, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. SurferDave

Same goes for you buffy ben dover.

May 11, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SurferDave

@cyncere – Rather than spending time to learn Buffy's moves – perhaps it would be best to spend that time in sixth grade english class...again.

May 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Superhiro

I agree with Mr. Mailman. Pee Wee cameo or no movie.

May 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. cocoapuffs

I think they should do a movie with the original cast! Angel should also be included. If they were to do a new version they would have to pick 2 chicks capable of doin Buffy & Faith justice cuz those were 2 bad chicks!

May 11, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  62. cyncere

Buffy is my role model an i wished shebhad of never stop im on 11 to when i first seen her i was one and see was aweesomme and i leared all her moves she should be back on the show again an make this movie an kristin swanson is not hotter than buffy im not gay cause i am a girl but dont judge ppl at all

May 11, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackfan

Oh my...does your custodian know you broke free from the other "special" children to get online? My word... you're either 8 years old or hopelessly illiterate. My bet's on the latter...

May 12, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
    • JAD

I beg your pardon? Perhaps it was the lack of cohesive sentence structure. Maybe it was your lack of punctuation. Your post made, literally, no sense at all. None.

May 12, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • awyeah

"...Im not gay cause I am a girl..."

Haven't laffed that hard in a while.

May 12, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  63. Superhiro

Joss Whedon, yes, Sarah Michelle? No. She's not even the original Buffy.

May 11, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • miracle whipped

Huh? Gellar is Buffy- maybe Kristy Swanson played Buffy in the original-not-helmed-by-Whedon "film", but SMG and her co-stars are the real heart of this creation.

May 12, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Grrrrrrr

Why do the same efftards comment on every story?

May 12, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Grrrrrrr

If you can't figure out why the same people comment... then you must be a real "efftard"

May 12, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • truefan

so the original Buffy movie sucked ball go watch it and you will see

May 13, 2011 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  64. Buffy Ruled

No joss, no original cast...no movie. What a waste of a legacy

May 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. johnb

A Buffy movie without Joss Whedon is a Bad idea. A Buffy Movie without Sarah Michelle Gellar is the Dumbest idea ever. (also willow, xander, Dawn, Giles, etc)

May 11, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Irishguy

Dawn !! Really? . When they introduced her was when the show jumped the shark imo.

May 12, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
    • fran glass

i found the dawn character obnoxious, but she was supposed to be obnoxious. I ended up liking her in the end. Best.Series.Finale.EVER. :D

May 12, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. SurferDave

The original movie and the tv series were excellent. The tv show had a great run that could be a movie about 5-10 years from now IF all original cast members and Whedon return. The movie was a stand alone film. No need for a prequel/sequel/ or remake.

May 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  67. random ntrygg

without Joss, there is no Buffy – how about we pick up with the tv characters where they are all these years and comic books later?

May 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  68. MrMailman

only if peewee herman makes a cameo

May 11, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jela

I would ONLY be interested in a Buffy Movie if the original TV cast and Joss Whedon were involved. Anything else? It's too soon...maybe in another 20 years. BTW, these people are NOT old and droopy... sheesh!

May 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ashley

I'm with Sarah. I am a huge fan of Buffy and Angel but a movie without Joss Whedon, the mastermind behind the series, is pointless.

May 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. EM

I dont think it is. Id love to see a Buffy movie in 3D. It was my favorite show for years. Lots of cute girls and cool monsters.

May 11, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wildfire

Would you want it to be the same girls? They are several years older now, and much less attractive. Unless you are into droopy bodies?

May 11, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Donald

New girls for sure, Kristy Swanson was hotter than Sarah Michelle anyways

May 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

You need to reconsider what you're saying here. If you were a Buffy fan, you weren't a Buffy fan because it was written by any crackpot on the street with a pencil and paper. If you were a Buffy fan, it's because there was an amazing team of writers who made it so great, Joss Whedon creating the series and guiding it along the way, the cast and crew making it that much more stellar. SMG is right– I hope the movie bombs. No self-respecting Buffy fan wil pay money to see it. Maybe I'll sneak into the theatre, just to prove to myself that I was right and it sucks balls, ha.

PLEASE DO NOT PAY MONEY FOR THIS MOVIE– PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHEDON AKA GOD.

May 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Throw a Bucket of Water on This Idiot

Wildfire – age 14. Brain still developing... with a really long way to go.

May 12, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Caveman

Buffy the tramp. Now that's a show I'd watch :)

May 12, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |