Fox cancels, picks up multiple series
May 11th, 2011

Fox cancels, picks up multiple series

The Fox network upfront - in which the 2011-2012 fall schedule is announced - may be taking place next week, but Tuesday was judgment day for several current and upcoming series on the network.

J.J. Abrams' next series "Alcatraz," with "Lost" star Jorge Garcia; "Bones" spinoff "The Finder"; "The New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel (sister of "Bones'" Emily); and "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" starring Jaime Pressly, were all among the pilots picked up for the new season, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"I am thrilled that our show got picked up & so excited to work with this great group of people!" tweeted Deschanel after hearing the news.

"Bones" co-star David Boreanaz joined in the celebration: "So happy for Zoe and another Deschanel on the Fox lot! Congrats to The Finder. God Speed to all!"

"The stress is gone. Thank Lennon above. #ALCATRAZ is happening!!!" tweeted Garcia's girlfriend Bethany Shady, who stays in contact with his fans via social media.

On the other hand, several shows were canceled on the same night. "House" was renewed, but EW also reported that "Lie to Me" and "Human Target," as well as recent mid-season replacements "The Chicago Code," "Traffic Light" and "Breaking In" have all been canceled (the series finales for the three newer series are all scheduled to air this month).

It was also reported that the pilot for "Locke & Key," based on the comic book series, will not be picked up by the network. The Hollywood Reporter says that it could end up elsewhere.

"Breaking In" only aired five episodes, all after "American Idol," before Fox pulled the plug. For stars Christian Slater and Bret Harrison, it was the third network series in a row to meet an untimely end for both.

Harrison broke the news to fans on Twitter: "#BreakingIn didn't get picked up for a second season. Lameness on all levels! Sorry fans, we tried REALLY hard." Even so, Harrison later held out hope that the network might change its mind if the ratings grew for Wednesday night's finale.

"Chicago Code" creator Shawn Ryan, also responsible for critically-acclaimed series "The Shield," answered fan questions in the wake of the cancellation: "Wow. Thanks for all the kind words everyone. We tried to make the best show we could and we thank those of you who watched it."

He also said it was a long shot to sell the show to another network, and claimed that ideas for the show's second season were pitched to the network last week.

As for "Lie to Me," Tim Roth tweeted to the fans, "Sorry guys...we tried our best but Nielsen got us all..!!!! It was such fun and you will be missed!!!"

Will you miss any of these series, or are you looking forward to the spinoff of "Bones" or the return of Garcia? Share your view below.

Filed under: television

1. unblocked fun games

That is very attention-grabbing, You are a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to in the hunt for more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

December 4, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. jak tu

Thanks for some other excellent article. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I'm at the look for such info.

September 19, 2012 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. get retweet

Wow, superb weblog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging glance easy. The overall look of your web site is great, as well as the content!

September 15, 2012 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jen

I totally loved The Chicago Code in every way. It was such a disappointment to find out that Fox cancelled the show even before it aired outside of USA. Does it not matter whether the show achieves phenomenal ratings internationally? Does all the favorable media reviews mean nothing? The show deserves a second season. Why? Because the first season was brilliant eventhough it was only 13 episodes and it can only grow stronger in seasons to come. If Fox cannot fathom this logic, pls keep The Chicago Code alive through other networks or cable channels.

August 19, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. JoeT

Quit trying to follow a Fox series since The Sarah Connor Chronicles were ignominiously aborted.

June 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brian

I loved the Chicago Code! Engaging, well written and acted. I hope it gets a reprieve or finds another network.

June 9, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. dickymucks

I've decided to no longer watch too much network television other than established shows that I currently watch! So sick of getting into a show that is good, only to have it cancelled to put on some idiotic froth! Chicago Code had potential, and Human Target was immensely enjoyable! Detroit 187 and V just to name a few. I'm done...

June 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. stankazz1

The only show that fox should have got rid of is FOX NEWS, " fair and balanced ", lol, it's about as fair and balanced as Hitler was.

June 6, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. MW

Lie to Me was an excellent thought provoking show. Just because the characters were not perpetually nude and didnt "skirt" the line on decency is no reason to cancel a show. If the FOX network wishes to get and retain viewership they need to stop "following" and lead. Sometimes the older demographic carries the swing.

June 6, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RT

No 'Lie To Me' means No Fox for me.... It was the best ..................... Go ahead, keep carp like Bob's Burgers. Sheeeshh

June 6, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dianna

As much as I like "Bones", I think it has run its limit. I did not like "The Finder". I will miss "Lie to Me".

June 4, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. SW

I can't believe they cancelled Chicago Code. Are they serious? It was the best cop show on TV. It sounds like Human Target and Lie to Me were also good shows, but I never let myself become attached to them because you never know when Fox will drop the ax. I got involved with Chicago Code because it came on after House. I love Chicago Code. I really wish another network would pick it up.

June 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ray

I watched every episode of Lie To Me and although growing up near Detroit and wanting to like Detroit 187, I did not, but really liked The Chicago Code and watched every episode of that.

Shocked that these two were canceled.

June 3, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. dlm

Breaking In was the most original, well-written show on in years-the ensemble cast, given half a chance could've been the next Seinfeld. Not watching Fox anymore.

June 1, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. diagosama

Never fails, FOX cancel excellent shows and then brings in a slew of new or current reality shows. How many more seasons of Idol, or any show that has Gordon Ramesy in it do we have to put up with? Just think in the fall, the X-factor will begin and we will be stuck with Simon belittle people again.

June 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Fox Sucks

I can't believe "Lie to Me" got cancelled, im done with Fox.

May 31, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. NMP

Why do I even turn to Fox. They get me everytime. I love "Lie to Me" and "The Chicago Code". And BHAM....GONE.
    How do they assess the number of people watching? Never had anyone call me or check on what I watch....!!!!
    Give me a break, I am too damn old to get my blood pressure up again. So I will just avoid the whole network like the plague!!!!

May 31, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Heywood_Jablowme

Jeezus...more good shows cancelled...no doubt that more crappy reality shows will fill the void. Fox is apparently the worst when it comes to the number of reality shows. You suck, Fox!!!

May 31, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rickster

It's hard to develop a following when the shows keep moving around the schedule. Here's a suggestion. Pick a night for the show, don't change it, and then advertise when the show is on.

May 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. stephen

'Lie to Me' cancelled? That's IT. I refuse to watch anymore Fox programs.

May 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa

My family talked about this last night – how the smart dramas lose to the inane reality show of rejects. Do we really need more talent shows for the untalented? The fact is, these are the cheap ones to make – no gifted writers or actors to pay for, just misfits looking for their 15 minutes.

Lie To Me and Chicago Code were excellent shows. Great writing and acting. It is a shame that a network can't back up some of the shows that are truly excellent. If they can pay someone like Simon Cowell a hundred million for his drivel, they certainly have the funds to support more quality programming for those of us who are not part of the Jerry Springer crowd of inbreeds.

Thanks to everyone behind Chicago Code – your first season was fantastic. Wish it wasn't your last.

May 31, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. petz

Can't believe "The Chicago Code" was canceled. This was one of the smartest shows in television. Guess I should have expected it to go away. Too smart for your average viewer. The finale was one of the best shows I've ever seen on Fox. One of the major networks needs to pick this up.

May 31, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. Tom

This is why I hate to watch a show until it's already cancelled. Then I can watch the whole thing as a complete piece. I keep getting my heart broken.

May 29, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Greg

Sorry to hear "Human Target" was cancelled. Excellent show. Really enjoyed it.

May 29, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dee

The Chicago Code was a really well written story. I loved the fact that it had a very diverse cast and dealt with historical Chicago as well as recent issues. I loved the fact that it featured a lady in a power role that did not have her naked in order to use her power. She used her brain! PLEASE BRING CHICAGO CODE BACK....PLEASE

May 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Debbie

Loved Lie to Me. Smart, interesting, well done! Human Target was an engaging show. Will miss both.

May 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. SafetyHarborSteph

Wait, really??? A Bones spinoff is coming and they're getting rid of Lie To Me...it was one of the smartest shows on TV!!! Can't believe it.

May 26, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  28. S Ben Rich

Human Target is worth saving. Fox is becoming the mindless sitcom/reality show network. I think they just want cheaper programming. You get what you pay for.

May 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Rick U

I hope another network picks up Chicago Code, it was one of the best new dramas.

May 25, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Yokatta

DO NOT cancel Chicago Code! Best show on TV with smart, fast-paced dialogue and great Super/Wooosocki give- and- take. Reality shows are so passe'. Big mistake, Fox.

May 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Ro

Noooooooo! Not "Lie To Me"!!! Tim Roth is fabulous! The whole cast works so well together! Fox has already proven that they don't know a great show when they see it when they canceled "Firefly." The fan support got Firefly a movie, but I'd much rather have the series back on. "Lie To Me" is a great quirky but intelligent show, and Fox is crazy to cancel it! >:(

May 24, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Elizabeth

So glad they cancelled "Lie to Me" and "The Chicago Code." As a Chicagoan, I found the show to be an affront to Chicago, from the atrocious accents to the badly-done city references. I tried to watch a few episodes of "Lie to Me," but it fell flat and every time we saw a preview for the show, my husband and I looked at each other and asked, "who watches that show?" Very glad to see "Bones" and "House" were renewed, they're the best two shows on the network.

May 24, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. flashdance

Was enjoying The Chicago Code. It'd be great if another network would pick it up.

May 24, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. You lost this viewer

Lie to Me is one of the BEST shows EVER to be on TV. Sure take off the good show and replace it with more junk. Well.....you now have lost a viewer to your station!!

No Lie to Me......No viewer to any OF YOUR STATIONS CRAPPY SHOWS.

May 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bruce

Lie to me gone.....you are crazy

May 23, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Lynn

Increasingly, the networks are too quick to cancel shows. It's getting to the point where I might just focus on watching what comes out on Netflix after a series has been out for a period of time - because at least then I'll know the series has a certain lifespan. Networks need to understand that the more they pull this garbage, the less likely we are to watch their shows. Chicago Code is an engaging show. Sad to see it go.

May 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. john

FOX-–READ THIS ENTIRE POST. EVERY SINGLE ONE SAYS YOU ARE-–H.U.A.--head up asss!! CAN SOMEONE FORWARD ALL THESE COMMENTS TO THE BOSS AT FOX !!!
    PLEASE!!!!

May 23, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  38. helloeyes

LIE TO ME... Tim Roth, was amazing!!! Very disappointing. The Human Target was also such a great show. Very disappointing again. Fox is losing viewers.

May 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Skier Grl

I should know better than to get hooked on any show on Fox, but I've really enjoyed Mark Valley on other shows, so I started watching "Human Target" – it was like an action movie every week, and it was only getting better, deeper and more complex. Shame on you, Fox! It would be so nice if a cable network picked it up (hoping against hope...).

May 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jessa2182

This is why I basically only watch HBO and Showtime shows anymore. I watch a total of 2 network shows regularly and Lie to Me was an excellent show... I hope a smarter network picks it up.... it was the only show on Fox I found worth watching... so no more Fox for me...

May 23, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  41. Angela

So tired of Fox. Let's just call it the "American Glee" network. The only thing left to watch is House...and that probably won't be around much longer. Need more and more Idol shows.

May 21, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. SOLUS

The first season of Lie to Me was truly fantastic but the second season was terrible. It was unrealistic and stupid and I stopped watching the show entirely about halfway through the season. Based on the ratings, I was obviously not alone. Did they get new writers or something? They moved away from its original concept and started concentrating on these idiotic side stories/romances between characters. Ugh, it was just awful, no chemistry between the actors, laughable dialogue, it just didn't work. And the relationship Roth had with his daughter was so unrealistic I often thought it was a joke. It was embarassing. I'm a little surprised they didn't try to fix the series instead of cancelling it but obviously the damage had already been done.

May 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. RNJ

Fox's name needs to be changed to FUX. Because THAT'S WHAT THEY DO TO GREAT SHOWS! Lie to Me?????? I didn't even watch that show and it was good the few times I did! (ironic as that sounds lol). And Human Target? WHAT?? Thanks for taking away my blankee! I freaking HATE Nielsen, HATE advertisers, and I FREAKING HATE FUX!

May 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bonsaso

Breaking In – Bret should have been featured more, he's awesome in every show he does, great comedic timing but was not given a good part or lines, playing second banana to Slater. Bret is a FIRST banana. He will rise again, he's a superstar in the making. Someone find him another show PLEASE, or maybe he's ready for a movie.

May 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Karen

Please don't cancel Chicago Code. It is such a great show. The actors are great and I love the fact that it is never boring. A little far fetched, but exciting to watch. I'm tired of the Law and Order shows. This is a great Cops show and you need to keep it. Shame on FOX. They finally got a great Cops show and they don't know what to do with it. Im going back to ABC, CBS and NBC.

May 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Edso

We are talking about the network that cancelled

Family guy, futurama, arrested development, firefly, etc. Why would we expect them to have a clue about good shows like human target and lie to me.

May 19, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bill

I'm shocked, but not surprised, that Fox canceled Lie to Me. It never fails, if I like it, they cancel it. I have a new system. I will no longer watch a show that has not aired for a min. of 3-4 years. If it makes it that long, I will go out and catch up on the previous seasons and begin watching, but it is pointless to get invested in new TV shows today.

May 19, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  48. Tim

Fox, you'll never learn. Lie to Me and Chicago Code are great. Your biggest problem is shifting schedules and non-sequential scheduling. The break in scheduling does a number on your program, especially on new programs that need sequential scheduling to build a following. Great show, but you killed them yourself.

May 19, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  49. Marty

WHAT? Lie to Me AND Human Target!!!! 2 of the very few shows my wife and I watch and look forward to – I agree with Mike – give em a chance to develop – Human Target was our hands down favorite – We'll really miss it – too bad

May 18, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mike

Ever wonder why HBO and Showtime win all the Emmy's? It's because the broadcast networks pull crap like this and never let a show develop over time. Lie to Me, Human Target and Chicago Code were excellent shows. And I'm still upset they cancelled The Good Guys. That show has hysterical. And for none of them did I watch the show when it was broadcast. I watched them on DVR at my convienence. Join the future FOX and the rest of TV Land. You're playing by our rules now!

May 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Betty

I really liked Lie to Me and Human Target sorry to see them go.

May 18, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bundy

What the Fox? Human Target was a great show. I hope that USA Network picks it up.

May 18, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  53. Lisa

I hate my teen age daughter? WTH kind of name is that? Can we stereotype our girls a little more so all teen age girls can imagine their parents hate them...Fox Sucks...I love Raising Hope, but I'll bet they'll cancel it too. They are clueless!

May 18, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  54. melissa

Lie to Me was brilliant. Tim Roth is a great actor and that was a great part. Big mistake, Fox. You should have let that show grow.

May 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lindsey E Dixon

Seriously going to stop watching FOX now, and this is no idle threat / claim. THE CHICAGO CODE was the best new show on TV, so why should I trust that Fox won't do this again the next time I start to care about a show and its characters? No thanks, Fox...I'll take my viewership to ABC and CBS.

May 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. marilyn

This is so typical fox. They put shows on don't give them a chance, you have to chase all over for them cause they switch them around all of the time. THEY ARE SO FRUSTRATING I've almost given up watching anything they have. They put a lot of great shows out there, but for a lot of them they don't give them a real chance. And here's one for ya fox, GIVE UP ON CHRISTIAN sLATER!! It isn't him that will draw the viewers it will be the writing!

May 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Bobby2x4

Fox, every time theirs something good you guys turn around and cancel it...Chris & Raevyn your so right...
    Fox I have had it with you guys....stop and smell the coffee....some people just don't sit in front of a boob tube anymore, they surf the net and use their computer more than the TV.....get rid of the Nielsen rating...they don't work anymore....Hey why don't you cancel your sporting events....I know some people that don't even watch it....is that on the Nielsen rating?

May 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. neenz

JUST bring back more BONES even in re runs. Forget Neilsen. They think two and half men is good. YUK what a horrible show. More true or fiction crime please

May 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Diana

will miss "lie to me" and "human target". watched online so didn't get counted by nielson...Like many I am tired of getting interested in a show on fox and it getting cancelled. I will try not to get hooked on any more fox shows.....as they don't really give them a chance.

May 17, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  60. Barbara

WHOSE house are the Nielsen boxes in???????? UGHHHH!!!!
    LOVED Traffic LIght. Maybe my favorite new show. HYSTERICAL. Also loved Breaking In. I don't get it. Really???

May 16, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Abigail

Lie to Me was the only other show that I watched on FOX besides BONES. FOX has a reputation of cancelling good shows. I hope their new shows fail so that they regret cancelling Lie to Me

May 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jason D

How many photocopies of the same show can they make before the page is left blank of any origonal thought.

They drop shows because they dont take risks on even a couple of shows, lost was rivitting because it was against the norm, now they are back to norm again regurgitating the same old stuff until once again until they are cancelled, sometimes you have to sad sod the critics and let one run for more then 5 shows, some of the greatest shows have been slow builders and yet lasted years...too fickle the hand that fears the ratings

May 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  63. tsquared61

DON'T CANCEL 'LIE TO ME'!!!!!!!!!!!! Please! The story-line is magnificent, as is the entire cast! My favorite show on television!!! I am sick!
    I also love "Human Target'!
    Please rethink this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Kate

I'll miss "human target" more than the others. It was just a romp. "lie to me" had sort of gone off on a wierd slant. "chicago code" still has a spot on the DVR – probably about the time we get it watched we'll realize we missed it.

How did "house" survive? It's a smash overseas so even if it has become tired here, the money is in the market place so it will go on.

May 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  65. SusanF

I thought The Finder an interesting premise, but also a clone of CBS's The Mentalist. I'll probably watch because two of the actors are ones I've enjoyed in the past (Michael Clarke Duncan is a personal favorite).

May 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. BostonGrandma

The Chicago Code is a well-written show with a great ensemble cast (Gibbons is a GREAT bad guy); it's the only program on TV that draws me in to the point where I have a knot in my stomach wondering what's going to happen next? I really hope this series finds a new home for next season.

May 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Lucy

Uhhh... this makes me so mad! Lie to Me is so good. Now I'm hoping TBS will step up to the plate and snag some of these amazing shows that deserve a new home. Come on TBS let's make it happen! Do we really need like 4hrs of The Office reruns before Conan on Tues? That's perfect time to squeeze in some of these great show that clearly FOX has no idea what to do with.

May 16, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  68. Deborah

I am so disappointed that Lie to Me is canceled. I will buy the 3rd season on DVD and watch all 3 seasons over and over. Who knows, this might be for the best. If they had left it on much longer it might have become cardboard and stupid like Bones did!

May 15, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Greg

Really upset that Human Target was not renewed. It was one of the two shows on Fox that I watched. I would love to see it pop up on another network somewhere (please!). Somebody cut poor Chi some slack and stop canceling his shows!!

Agree that The Finder episode of Bones was awful. The characters were annoying and the premise looks horrible.

May 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  70. tina

I figured Lie to Me would be cancelled because they moved it around too much. I loved that show. Fox idiots. I also loved Chicago Code. Great story line, so of course it's going. Fox idiots. I guess I will join the rest and give up on any Fix Series. I had not heard that Fringe was being picked up. I adore that show, it is #1 on my DVR as I work second shift at a hospital and have to wait to see it.

May 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Lindsay

Firstly thanks Melinda Meahan for the Bones spoiler – we're behind in the UK but now I know who dies so thank you – NOT!

I cannot believe that Lie to Me has been cancelled! It is so brilliantly written and acted! It's just annoying that good tv series get cancelled yet they make series after series of crappy reality tv shows.

Thank god that Fringe got renewed for a 4th series – it's the best series on tv by far and it would have been the worst decision ever if that got cancelled. Also yay for another series of Bones!

Gutted I know the bones spoiler :-(

May 15, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  72. Jennifer

Human Target and Traffic Light were awesome! I suggested Traffic Light to all my friends and they ALL loved it. Such a shame that networks (not just FOX) won't leave shows on long enough to develop a following. And they leave other shows on WAY past their prime. I mean, seriously... What diseases are left for HOUSE to deal with? SOOOO not into this sudden influx of comic book based shows.

May 14, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  73. Melinda Meahan

I will miss Human Target awfully. It was another one of those great shows that brought positive character values to television. But is "The Finder" really a Bones *spinoff*? "The FInder" was a character (a comic book character I think) who was not created by the Bones writers but who was imported into Bones for one episode. Maybe more like a pre-pilot crossover as opposed to an existing character who was leaving to begin their own show. (having a few seconds of silence before posting in the memory of Mr. Nigel-Murray's tragic murder this week on Boens)

May 14, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  74. Tiffany

I'm so disappointed! I loved Human Target...I've been waiting for it to start up again. I hope someone picks it up. It'd be great back to back with Burn Notice. Lie to Me was great...another one that I keep looking for...I liked Human target better though. Booo Fox.

May 14, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  75. gerald

They keep the crappy shows to drive us to watch the pay networks. That's where all the good shows are.

May 14, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  76. whatever

yeah The Finder is going to suck. Didn't care for lie to me and chicago code. House was renewed. At least the best show on tv was renewed for a 4th season. #Fringe

May 14, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  77. Laurie

My family will miss watching Human Target. We loved the charaters with their depths, back stories and flaws – it was that and their interaction with each other that made the show interesting. When will networks learn to judge shows on more than Nielson Ratings? We DVR almost everything and watch it later just to miss the endless commercials – as with most of the country.

May 14, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  78. HC

Chicago Code was not a good show if you live in Chicago. Maybe natives of NY and LA feel the same way about Law&Order. But whatever city was being depicted in that show; it damn wasn't the Chicago that I've lived in for 30+yrs, sorry... Perhaps bring it back as Milwaukee Code and I can be oblivious to how terribly the writer's were at capturing what life is like in the Windy City....

May 13, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. sherrie

Dude! Human Target is gone? AND Lie to Me? I hate you Fox. I hate you so much.

May 13, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  80. AM

how many times was Family Guy cancelled? How about Futurama? Great Job network executives! You've been making great choices from the beginning. Get your head out of your asses and quit cancelling good shows!

May 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  81. LJ

Seriously Fox? Lie to Me is one of the best shows on TV. I can't believe they are letting it go. TNT, if you're listening, pick Lie to ME up.

May 13, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Paula

My husband introduced me to "Human Target" and it was one of the only network shows we watched. He warned me no to get too attached. He figured FOX would cancel it. I hope a cable network (USA are you listening??) will pick it up and give it a long term home!!

May 13, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  83. Kate

Lie to Me is an amazing show....AMAZING. Why did FOX cancel this??? And Human Target – those are two of the show I cannot wait to come out!! And yes, I watch online on Hulu...did they take into account that?? It makes me dislike Fox even more when they clearly develop great shows with odd characters...flavor, wit, great writing...even better than Shondra BUT then the suits reject them. I agree, makes me wary of loving a FOx show. BRING THEM BACK. Please.

May 13, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  84. Amy

Okay – I really liked Lie to Me. I'm going to stop watching new shows until they make it atleast 3 seasons. Which means I probably won't be watching much tv at all. I do have a lot of reading I want to do – at least a book has a beginning, middle and end. Every year I watch less and less tv – guess I know why.

May 13, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  85. DALILA

just dont ever cancel FRINGE, the show is amazing. All the others i can honestly live without

May 13, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  86. A non E Mouse

I loved Lie to Me. Cable and television networks are really horrible at what they do considering how much money they dump into things and how many times they shoot themselves in the feet by cancelling before establishing any return investment. Bones is not good in my opinion, but when it started out it was no where near the top of the pack. It hung in there and over time it has established a following, now they are starting spin-offs? Same thing could have easily happened with Lie to Me. All in all I believe the consumers should put an end to the poor service that is now offered in the television world (particularly cable TV) and turn to much better services and much better value offered through Netflix and Hulu (although Hulu is a bit of a rip off considering they're charging now, I dislike "premium" concepts). Maybe Netflix can pick up Lie To Me from Fox as part of it's effort toward original programming.

May 13, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  87. jschro155

Lets show FOX what we think about cancelling The Chicago Code! Help get everyone you know to watch the final episodes. http://on.fb.me/jsyZwS

May 13, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  88. B3

Human Target and Chicago Code gone? man, that really sucks. HT was an awesome show, very McGyver like and always had a good story. Chicago Code is like a newer, and more engrossing and less stale cop show as opposed to L&O.

Shame Fox has to kill such great shows. None of the new shows look very good.

May 13, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  89. tater

I love Chicago Code. I love Jennifer. See it's a bunch of men in power that don't like to see a woman in power...... mmmm something to think about huh..

May 12, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Will

I can't believe they cancelled Lie to Me and Chicago Code. Tim Roth was great.

Coincidence that both of these shows has Jennifer Beals on them?

I smell a conspiracy!!

May 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  91. MV

I loved both "Lie to Me" and "Chicago Code" and haven't missed a single episode of either. I hope they get picked up on another network.

May 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  92. KAREN

I loved the show "Lie to Me"!! I learned a lot about people by watching that show. Of course, now I don't trust anyone!!!

May 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Rob

Really its because of the great rating they still get from Idol. When Idol is done, Fox will actually have to fully develope a show before its cancelled.

May 12, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  94. JShootz

I just found out why Fox cancelled two GREAT SHOWS in Chicago Code and Human Target. They wanted to make room for thier new shows " So you think you can Sew" and "Glee, The College Years"

Dumb

May 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. LB

I loved The Chicago Code!!! Why do they keep the stupid shows?? (Not Bones- I love Bones). Fox so rarely has decent shows, and they've just dropped a good one.

May 12, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  96. John Dawso

Please LIE TO ME and tell me that FOX did NOT cancel this show! Okay, unoriginal, but the show was quite original. Sure, some of the story lines FORCED the Leitman Group into the scenarios but its fiction using many other facts and embellished facts. It's a BRILLIANT SHOW. Fox, this is a mistake. Put it into a different time slot – people WILL watch it. How about WARNING us first? Then we'll all tune in and jack up your silly numbers. C'mon, this is good stuff. This is like cancelling Arrested Development – just plain stupidity. Fox, change your mind – its your perogative.

May 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  97. dtcpr

I cannot beleive that Human Target and Lie to Me were both cancelled..... those shows are SO good, everyone in my house loves them, from my parents to me and my sister (both women in our 20s).... This is so upsetting, at least Fringe got picked up because that is one show we all watch every week...

And instead they pick up a spinoff?! I love Bones, but spin-offs are total lame-sauce

Fox I refuse to watch your biased "news' and now you're starting to really p!ss me off in general :(

May 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  98. mawmaw1229

Oh man I really love Lie to Me and Tim Roth! That sucks!

May 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. brandon clark

Chicago Code is a great show. Its like southland getting pushed to another network. Fox doesn't understand the promise of the show if the writer's go the right way. This show could be called as the white "Wire" from HBO. Please don't let it go.

May 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Terry

Lie to me – Human Target – Chicago CODE*******
    All shows I record because I don't want to miss an episode – I cannot believe that Fox is doing this.
    Don't they take into consideration the faithful viewers who watch them? Who decides this crap.
    I can live without Foxes other shows – so I'm done with them for good now. Never again will I give any of their new stuff a chance. What idiots.

May 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Jshootz

What a dumb move. My wife and I both loved watching Chicago Code AND Human Target. The way Fox runs their shows is as much of a reason as any as to why they are being cancelled. They have 3 new episodes and then are off for two weeks, then a new episode, off another week, three more new episodes, change the air date to another day, then cancelled. Its their new basic philosophy of losing thier viewers. Once House goes, Fox is done...

May 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  102. maureen

Saw "The Finder" on "Bones" and knew it would be a spinoff. HATE THE GIRL. Big miscast. Main guy great.

May 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

It's not a spinoff. It's a backdoor pilot. FOX used the Bones episode to launch a new series so there was no question The Finder was going to be picked up for the fall.

May 12, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  103. What the FOX?

Are you kidding? Lie to Me was one of the best shows on FOX. Cancelling it makes no sense.

May 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Dawso

WHAT THE FOX?" indeed. This is nuts. They do this all the time. Their practices of running a show with a few new episodes then it disappears for a month and comes back then disappears. it's just so...retar...er...wrong. Seriously, they make it very difficult. LIE TO ME was so well researched and written. Sure, Leitman was often "forced" (from a writer's perspective) into situations, but he's a great character and it was always fun to watch. It's a fundamental aspect of sociology – lying and detecting lying. It's better than most detective shows. He was very House-esque and different... EXCELLENT SHOW – seriously flawed system for airing. I seriously hope that USA picks it up.

May 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jess

Bring 24 back...

May 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  105. DC Dion

I can't believe Chicago Code CANCELLED... after ONE SEASON! This was a truly good show. It never got the publicity it deserved and the character were just starting to fully develop. Lie to me was also a personal favorite. What a bunch of CRAP Fox.

I echo the sentiments of my fellow commenters – Neilson's is outdated and overrated. It was invented in the 1930's for god's sake! Nobody watches TV the way they did in the past. These networks need to get with the program.

May 12, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  106. JA

FOX sucks. Chicago Code has turned out to be one of the more watchable shows of the season with plenty of potential. But alas, FOX will pull the plug before that potential is realized. Sidenote: I used to enjoy House, but it has become boring with the same storylines over and over. I vote to keep Chicago Code and drop House!

May 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Elle

So terribly disappointing. My husband and I had been DVRing Human Target and Lie to Me. We really looked forward to watching the next season of both.

May 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Tom Ador

I thought Chicago Code will have more seasons. It is strange that they are retaining house instead since only uneducated doctor hating people watch it.

May 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Irritated and Annoyed

Chicago Code didn't get much of a shot did it? I LOVED Lie to Me. And cancelling FIREFLY? FOX must be run by hyper-caffeinated speed freaks with no attention spans. Do they not understand quality? They could be the HBO of network tv if they'd wake up.

May 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Loopman

I have to echo alot of the same comments already posted. The network execs @ Fox are like a kid with ADHD. They can't leave a show alone long enough to let it build a following. They shift shows around from night to night, trying new time slots and then when they don't get the gratification in the numbers they expect, it's time to cut the cord and move onto something else that turns out to be more lame than what they just got rid of.

Okay, did I make my point well enough with that single long sentence or do you want me to repeat myself???? I didn't think so.

May 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Ron31

As long as FOX doesn't cancell "GLEE", I don't care what they cancel.

May 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Sam

Wow, I really like Breaking In. The only thing I hated about it was Christian Slater. Can't stand that guy.

May 12, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  113. tvgal

cancel those stupid tv exec. with the probable attention span of a 15 year old. what bad news. I hate fox! I loved human target and lie to me. fox has often cancelled shows I like too. how disapointing! please, please other networks pick up these shows!

May 12, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  114. IMsirius

Don't you guys know, that watching the shows live is what keeps them on? Even recording with DVR is not good enough.
    Why? you ask. Commercials Commercials Commercials. The networks are such stinkers and FOX tops them all.
    FRINGE is my favourite show and I can see it going the way all Fox stuff goes, having been moved to Friday and the fact that I watch via DVR because I really hate all the commercials.
    As we all know money is the keyword and that is what the Networks do, make money and to hell with the viewers.

May 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

It doesn't matter if you watch it live, DVR it, or watching it online IF you're not a Nielsen household. Let's face it; we don't count.

May 12, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  115. ncoclub

Loved Human Target and liked Chicago Code..Hated FOX when they canceled Firefly!!!!

May 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Dea

I'm very disappointed that Lie to Me was cancelled. Where on earth do they get these ratings? It's a great show and everyone I know watches it.

May 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  117. JuliaC

CHICAGO CODE is on the best shows on TV. I'm beginning to agree with most of the other comments – I will no longer watch a new FOX show. They don't give them a chance to build and audience and would rather cater to the under 30 crowd. Some of the new shows sound ridiculous. Bad move FOX.

May 12, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  118. nagrom

CHICAGO CODE????? OMG That is one of the most suspenseful and entertaining shows I have ever watched. Think I will stop watching FOX all together. Even their news is one sided and slanted.

May 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  119. woody

I HAVE WATCHED TV FOR 60 YEARS AND LIKE A BAD BROKER THEY CHURN THE ACCOUNTS TRYING TO HAVE THE TOP PROPERTY AND LEAVING GOOD PROPERTY ON THE FLOOR. I FAIL TO SEE HOW FOX OR ANYONE ELSE CAN CREATE BRAND LOYALTY WHEN YOU KNOW THE CHARACTER YOU ARE ALLOWED TO LIKE WILL DISAPPEAR IN A NOTICE ...THEY WON'T LISTEN OR CARE AND BY THE TIME TV HAS DEGENERATED INTO A MESS OF 3 EPISODE SHOWS WITH LITTLE TIME TO DEVELOP IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO ASK PEOPLE WHAT THEY REALLY WANT. TV HAS BECOME LIKE AN AUTO SHOW A WHOLE SERIES OF CONCEPT CARS THAT WILL NEVER ACTUALLY PUT RUBBER ON THE ROAD. SOME OF US JUST LIKE THE SHOWS WE DVR EVERYTHING AND DON'T CARE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES TWEET TILL WE TOOT OR HAVE NIELSEN BOXES WE ARE JUST PEOPLE THAT YOU NEVER CONSIDER .....I LIKED LIE TO ME AND HUMAN TARGET ....I DON'T LIKE BEING THE HUMAN TARGET OF LYING NETWORKS .....

May 12, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • neenz

I know, for some absurd reason they think we want the idiotic sit coms....NOT
      LISTEN to US give us more crime/drama–get rid of the stupid sit coms...

May 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  120. cp125

The primary reason for FOX cancelling shows that are not instantly blockbusters is that the programmers are recent graduates of some ivy league school who have no clue about anything. Eventually FOX will pay for that and rightfully so – their viewership will twindle to nothing. They seem to have no one watching over these idiots.

May 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  121. cp125

I'm so dissapointed, these three shows where the only ones I watched on Fox. Everything else, inlcuding their news, is garbage.

May 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  122. BUMMED OUT

Really enjoyed Human Target and Lie to Me. Both shows had great actors and entertaining plots. Hope another network will pick them up. I might quit watching FOX all together.

May 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Beth Berkowitz

So heartbroken they have cancelled Lie To Me and Chicago Code. Two of my favorites!!!

May 12, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Hammer1956

What a shame that lie to me and human target was cancelled. Both great shows. Had very tough competion from two and a half men and csi. They should have tried another night before canceling. Very disappointing. The stars were all very good.

May 12, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  125. ron bergman

It is no wonder why CBS is number one in good shows during most of the rateings. Fox don't leave shows on long enought to let people watch them. It must not like to pay good actors and acktress. Chicago code was a good show. Must have been to close to the real thing! Hope CBS picks it up.

May 12, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  126. 60 in the South

Loved Chicago Code. I'm like everyone else. Except for a few select shows, Fox is not a very good station to watch. I watch alot of my shows on cable on demand. Don't have a lot of time during week but did try to catch "Code"

May 12, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  127. Emily

Chicago Code was OK, but can't compete with shows like Southland for quality programming. Something just didn't ring true for me about the show. The main cop was great. But for some reason I just couldn't get behind Beales as a Chief of Police. No way. Just not realistic. I need some realism in my cop-dramas.
    Breaking In just didn't catch for me. Potential, but just not "new" enough.
    But I LOVED Traffic Light. It was hysterical! I laughed so hard at so many of the antics and jokes. It was really clever and real comedy. It's a shame that apparently no one watched it. I did regularly. I'm a huge modern family, the middle, and now, Happy Endings, fan... Traffic Light was right up there. Oh well. As usual, a network disagrees with me. I'm getting used to it. haha!
    But I KNEW that there would be a spin-off after that "Finder" episode. Nice arc. This will be FUN!

May 12, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  128. Stephen

They are cancelling Lie to Me and Chicago Code!!!!!! Fox can just go......... you know. Fox just makes it so I only watch house and the simpsons, unless they cancelled that too. Seriously I hate Fox. And thanks to fox news, I really hate this network. I hope it dies one day for its stupidity.

May 12, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  129. Please be Lying to Me

They're dropping Lie to Me?! Not only is the show incredible, it boosted searches in MicroExpressions. Plus a crossover plot w/ Flashpoint would have been amazing.

May 12, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  130. I'll allow it

I can't believe they cancelled Breaking In. Nothing but great chemistry between all the stars, hilarious and fresh ideas, and a true genius in comic timing in Christian Slater! Somebody save this show. It would fit good in CBS instead of 2 and a half CRAP

May 12, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  131. RobO

When will Fox figure out that no one will stay up past 10pm to watch even an awesome show like Human Target? It's called a DVR people... Here's to hoping TNT or USA picks it up...

May 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  132. Theklaus

Really liked "Lie to Me" and "Human Target". Just getting into "Chicago Code" and found it engaging and wanting to watch more. But, fox kept moving shows around or not consistently screening them and became harder to schedule unless record them or pick up later on internet. This will cut way back on shows I watch on Fox–too bad for you!!

May 12, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

Ditto what Theklaus said. Human Target was great, Lie to Me as well. Also agree with another commenter that The Finder intro on Bones was the worst Bones ever aired. Characters were ridiculous!

May 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Yay!

Soooooo glad Traffic Light is gone!! It was horrible!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  134. Katie

Lie to Me is one of my favorite shows! I hate to see it go. FOX, stop canceling so many good shows!

May 12, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  135. Tammy

I am really bummed that Lie to Me and Chicago Code are being cancelled. Just as someone gets intrigued and wanting more from the show – FOX cancels it. I would be done with FOX if it weren't for House. Just so sad.

May 12, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  136. Norma

Don't understand why FOX is cancelling should great shows like "Lie to Me" and "Chicago Code" I really, really like and enjoy these shows. There should be a way to keep these great shows on the air. I would rather watch these shows than reality shows which are a waste of time!

May 12, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  137. Duane

I was also a fan of Human Target. I think they did an excellent job of giving the characters depth and nuances while still making each episode (typically) fun, well-paced and entertaining. I would love if another network picked this up.

May 12, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  138. Clint

FOX ought to learn from canceling Firefly. Notice that ABC picked up Castle and the Nathan Fillion fans swarmed to that show and now Season 3's finale is going to be a huge event come Monday night. I watched Lie to Me but the show was moved around and episodes were aired randomly.

I hate it when networks air professional sports over a show that's been your entertainment for months on end. It's hard to get back into a show when you're pushed away or miss an episode.

May 12, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  139. Joan

I'll miss Lie To Me. Tim Roth is a phenomenal actor. It's hard for edgier shows to not get cancelled. Plus, I don't think it helped that Lie To Me just disappeared for several months from the Monday night Fox line up. You can't expect viewers to stay loyal if the show is not consistently on every week. Fox plugged in The Chicago Code instead and I'm so tired of these over done cop shows.

May 12, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  140. candice

Damnit! I really liked Traffic Light. Too bad, very funny show.

May 12, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  141. linzzz016

aww man. traffic light is so funny!

May 12, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  142. whatever

what was that show they cancelled after 1 or 2 episodes? some stuff never gets a chance to gain a following.

May 12, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  143. Mike

Heres the deal fox is after the instant gratification if the hsow isnt popular from the begining tehy dont like to keep it. Fox needs to get bought out or start a second cable channel for all thier canceled shows. I guarentee that it would be more popular that theier regular channel. Breaking in was great but it was one of those shows that takes at least a full season to build a good audience. They have no patience welcome to the twitter age

May 12, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  144. whatever

think Fox did a good job this year. Renewing Fringe was the best decision. Wish locke and key got picked up tho. Love Bones. I agree with the person who said House has become boring.

May 12, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  145. Breea

I really enjoy watching Breaking In. That is one of few shows that makes me laugh out loud! There was nothing else like it on television and I will miss it. I enjoyed Human Target until they got a female boss. The show wasn't as good after that. If Fox keeps cancelling all of their good shows, I will no longer watch them (like the CW). All I have left are Bones, Glee and Raising Hope. That's ok. Just leaves me more time to watch shows I enjoy on USA Network!

May 12, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  146. Dark Helmet

I'll definitely miss Human Target, nice to see some love for that show from other commenters. With that gone, Fringe is the only Fox show I watch. Once that is gone, I might say goodbye to Fox (save for sports). Firefly, Terminator, Dollhouse, Human Target – too many good shows gone before their time. It's not worth getting invested in a Fox show since there is not likely to be a payoff (long series run) unless you are the Simpsons, a show that is 10 years beyond its prime.

May 12, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  147. Joan

I hate FOX but I loved Human Target. It was the only one of their shows I watched, so now that they've canceled it they've completely lost their ability to market at me. Way to go FOX, I'm sure that's just great for your bottom line. Not as monumentally stupid as canceling Firefly, but pretty bad.

May 12, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • S Ben Rich

I agree. Human Target was the only Fox show my wife and I watched, as well. I wont have to check the listings for anything on Fox now. Some network should pick it up. Can't believe they let Firefly get away as well.

May 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  148. John

Chicaco Code is an outstanding show and Human Target was one of the only shows my wife an I made a point to sit down and watch together. Fox continually produces great shows just to rip them away.

May 12, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  149. kaepedia

As long as NCIS is still aired for next season and Matt Harmon is still around, I don't mind

May 12, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  150. QuietStormX

Chicago Code was the only show I enjoyed on FOX. I think it was the only show with a diverse cast and featured also. I liked the story and the drama weekly. Sorry to see it asn't picked up. I guess that's Fox??? Maybe it will show up on another network???

May 12, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  151. eaglebub

Love Chicago Code and Lie to Me. They are both interesting and entertaining. J just hope social conservatives didn't call the shots.

May 12, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  152. Nan

I can't believe you are canceling Lie to Me. I guess it is too intelligent to remain on the air. Fox is joining the other networks in the 'dumming down' of America. Soon there will be nothing but ignorant reality shows.

May 12, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  153. Carolee

I truly loved Chicago Code..and Detroit 187 on ABC but I don't count. I'm over 50.

May 12, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  154. lietomefan

LOVED "LIE TO ME!" Boooo to the execs.

May 12, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  155. inshock

HUMAN TARGET and LIE TO ME gone?! I Love those shows!!! Very happy HOUSE is staying, but those three were all we watch on regular TV. Really upset about this news!

May 11, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antonia

I do believe that it states the House is cancelled. I heard somewhere that Hugh Laurie wanted to back an stay close to his family across the pond. Sad, I liked House too

May 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  156. onlinegal

I watch almost all the shows online, I don't really sit in front of a Television very often at all. I really don't watch TV very often at all. They really need to start looking at Hulu sever counts, as well as DVR/Tivo usage on shows. Its too bad now that many show's are being able to blossom even the critically acclaimed ones.

May 11, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  157. bestshowever

the Finder sounds stupid. Here's an idea FOX, chunk the Finder and BRING BACK LIE TO ME!!!

May 11, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  158. elaine

I loved Chicago Code how can FOX cancel it...what's up?

May 11, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  159. someguy

Fox cancels quality shows to make room for crappy reality shows

May 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Someguy

Breaking in was friggin hilarious!

May 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • JG

You're absolutely right... I don't watch alot of TV, however I was REALLY surprised to find out how incredibly funny Breaking In was. I watched it because it was after American Idol... Now, I'm more excited about Breaking In than American Idol. The other comedies on TV aren't that funny... this is a real waste.

I love LIE TO ME also, however I have alot of trouble finding it in order to watch it. I purchased the DVDs instead.

May 12, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  161. mominohio

absolutely loved Lie to Me. Hard to believe it would be canceled. They moved it on and off the schedule too much for casual viewers to know about the show. It will be missed !

May 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  162. GIJane

Love Chicago Code! FOX...what's up? Also enjoy Lie To Me. Soooooo sick of reality shows!

May 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  163. kualoa

I love Human Target! So bummed. I hope another network picks it up. Guerrero, Chance and Winston characters were fun to watch.

May 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

You're right. It had great characters, especially Guererra (sp). Bummer. They never gave it a chance. Stupid of them!

May 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  164. me

Lie to Me will be missed, it is unique and entertaining. What is up with that?

May 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Brian H.

Human Target.....phenomenal show...well done and will be missed. Hopefully, a cable channel will pick them up. It was hard to follow because those idiots at FOX kept moving it around to different nights. Never even gave it a chance (no pun).

May 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Keenan

Love Human Target. Please USA Network. This show would fit in with your stable of shows!

May 12, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • lucinda

HUMAN TARGET! By far one of the best on TV today! (yesterday, now). Please somebody pick this up! It was one of the few shows my husband and I watch together (he's into all the reality shows). I personally like to be enternained and watch a good plot line and escape from ALL the harsh reality of our times.
      ps I miss Jericho

May 12, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  166. foxwatcher

When they had "the finder" part of the series on Bones it was the worst episode of Bones I ever watched. I don't think "The Finder" will last. The characters were annoying. I am glad Bones and House gpot picked up again but Fox don't combine 2 shows just to give one a lift-off from another. It was in bad taste.

May 11, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  167. FragmentFour

I will REALLY miss "Lie to Me." " Chicago Code"... okay,. but not so much. "I Hate My Teenage Daughter," on the other hand, sounds like a stinky idea from the get-go. "The New Girl," doesn't indicate anything any better. FOX is a very strange beast, and hard to take seriously. "Lie to Me" and "Chicago Code" were wonderfully pushy and innovative, and seemed to have been taken by FOX in the first place by sheer accident. Too bad they weren't sold to a network that was worth something to begin with.

May 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Tracy

Remember when networks allowed a show to grow and find an audience? Quality shows on TV are rare. Engaging, character driven dramas, even rarer. Lie to Me and Chicago Code deserved a chance. Count me out Fox, well except for Glee.

May 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  169. darrenjs87

As much as I liked 'Lie To Me' and 'Human Target', if I were an exec and had to keep one, there would be no contest.

Chicago Code....!

May 11, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  170. lindymc

Traffic Light is hilarious!!! It had a "Seinfeld" type humor. An outstanding comedy is so hard to find on TV. And I loved Chicago Code. I cannot believe these two outstanding shows are being canceled. Someone really needs to rethink these decisions! No doubt, the new shows to be aired that are mentioned in this article do not appeal to me...will not be watching any of these...sorry.

May 11, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mowerguy

I agree – Traffic light is hilarious. It is a shame they write a great show just to find out it is canceled. I thought the point of the networks is to get more interest and have good programing. Boo to FOX for missing the boat.

May 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  171. 0.02

King of the Hill???Running Wilde????

May 11, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Greer

I think Traffic Light is HILARIOUS...Why Fox????? Why?????? Give it a chance!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby

I agree! Traffic Light was one of my favorite shows on TV.

May 16, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • beachagates

I love Traffic Light. Laugh out loud funny.

May 18, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

I was waiting for someone to mention Traffic Light! I was about to if I didn't see anyone else say anything. I loved it too, thought it was hilarious. Definitely a disappointment.

May 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Ttol

Lie to Me and the Chicago Code are my favorite shows! The cancellations are BAD news! Fox just keeps shooting themselves in the foot! Why should we start watching their shows when they just keep canceling them?!

May 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • MRain

Probably because people like me quit investing time in shows on FOX only to see them yanked. FOX keeps around the simpson.. what's it going on 20 some years? I mean come on, put the nail in the coffin already and keep some good shows. Love Lie to Me and Fringe but once FOX cancels them I'm done.

May 12, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Nic S.

Hey MRain, let's leave the Simpsons out of this. They're not hurting anyone.

May 12, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  174. Meliha

Can't believe they cancelled The Chicago Code...what a GREAT show...will be sad to see it go. Why is it the only things the over 30 crowd has available to watch is HOUSE, The Good Wife, about 80 different variations of crime scene shows, and Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice...? The Chicago Code was really different and interesting and Jennifer Beals' character was so strong and tough! Boooooo FOX. Wasn't it bad enough you moved FRINGE to Friday evening (when NOBODY watches TV)...?

May 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Edith Russo

If they'd quit basing everything on what 18-49 year olds want to watch. Geesh. Why is NCIS, and The Good Wife so successful, because CBS has learned that the over 49 crowd spends a lot more money.

May 11, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Money?

What does money have to do with T.V. ratings? Poor people watch T.V. as well........I don't get it......

May 16, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Vince

To Money?: What do you think those shows are on the air for? To get as many people to watch the commercials as possible. PD's are always trying to put on shows that attract people who spend money with advertisers to get the top dollar for each ad spot. They do NOT make TV shows for poor people as they would not have a model for making a profit.

May 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  176. MomInWisconsin

Glad BONES and HOUSE are back.Love BONES.Sorry to see LIE TO ME going.Loved it too.Happy to see Zoey will have a show.

May 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antonia

House DID get cancelled

May 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harrison

house DID NOT get cancelled

quote: "House" was renewed'

May 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patsy

House got renewed but Lisa Edelstein is leaving!! (Cuddy)-that will stink big time. Didn't like it as much as previous years but Hugh Laurie is awesome. It will be weird next season without her.

June 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Bobbie Amos

KEEP "THE CHICAGO CODE" boot out some of those new shows. They even sound silly. Maybe another network will pick it up. I loved the storyline and found it totally entertaining. Watching that show was the shortest hour on TV. I wish it would be on for two hours. I loved it. Fox seems to cancel all the good shows and keep the teeny bopper shows. The only show I will watch on Fox now is Bones. Even House has become boring. Fox, WAKE UP! ! There are a few people who like something other than "silly" shows..such as dancing, singing, talent and really stupid "REALITY" shows. They may be good occasionally, but not a steady diet of them.

May 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Superhiro

Yea, Fox does cancel a lot of good shows.

May 11, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Chris Ritter

I kick myself every time I start watching a Fox series because I am usually disappointed to find out it gets canceled. I don't understand why an awesome show like Lie To Me, which was bounced around the schedule by Fox, was canceled. Against my better judgment I started watching Chicago Code and found it engaging, but of course it was canceled. The only shows I will ever watch on Fox again are House, Bones and Raising Hope (if they keep it) – everything else is just too risky!

May 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raevyn

When are the networks going to give up on an antiquated Nielsen system for ratings and catch up with this century. More and more people watch online and Nielsen doesn't take any of that into account nor the number of people who pvr.

May 11, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MRain

I would've watched the Chicago Code and Breaking In but FOX continually takes off shows that I enjoy. Were these good shows? Who knows, I'll wait for DVD or Netflix to show em. All I watch on FOX now is Fringe and Lie to Me.. so down to one show it looks like and once that is gone I'm done with FOX completely. None of the networks should pick up shows unless they're willing to let viewers get a chance to actually watch them.

May 12, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Beth

I agree, Fox continues to disappoint me. I loved Lie to me!

May 12, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Liza in Canada

I love LIE TO ME.

It's so well written.

Tim Roth is AWESOME.

The cast as a whole is GREAT.

The story lines are interesting.

FOX - DON'T CANCEL 'LIE TO ME'!! It ROCKS!

May 12, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Marilib

You're so right. I kick myself, too for getting into these shows when the networks give them no opportunity to build an audience, or move them around so much that loyal viewers can't find them. ABC has screwed my viewing preferences way too many times, and now that I've gotten into Breaking In, Fox has now done the same thing. Nielson ratings were always skewed anyway. How did a thousand viewers decide whether a show was really being watched?? TV execs are just like the rest of us now, though. Instant gratification! No patience to build a viewership. I give up!!!

May 12, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Barb

You said it, Chris. I am really disappointed Fox cancelled their two most excellent shows (Lie to Me and Chicago Code). No more watching Fox (except House & Bones) - too risky!! Fox lives down to its reputation.

May 12, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • rn d

I totally agree. Lie to me was awesome and as a 70+ I thoroughly enjoyed the engaging stories and the cast. Chicago Code was as good and developmnetally better to come than bring back law & order with Donofrio!! I get Breaking in & human target, the latter far superior to breaking in. I think at this point I will say Sayonara to FOX!!

May 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • love

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lie to me and Chicago Code. Boo to Fox. Boo Boo Boo.

May 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bren

NOOOOOOOO.....not Lie To Me!!!! I love that show. Completely bummed now. Thanks alot FOX.

May 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cynthia

Are the same people in charge of both the news dvision and the entertainment division? After all, both have made some pretty stupid decisions. (read as tongue in cheek) Just the descriptions I read of some of the new shows insanity, I KNOW I've seen all of them before.... Alcatraz is the only one that sounds remotely interesting and a newish idea. Oh, yeah, they keep that screaming chef?????

May 12, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gale

Do you know how to contact the decision-makers on the cancellation of Chicago Code? It is the best new show on TV. I noticed that when it came out initially, it was bumped around a little and hard to find. If it's not getting the ratings, it's only because of the slot it's in now. It has the same "can't wait for next week" dynamic that 24 had. Can we bombard the network and get them a reprieve?

May 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • kippy

Lie to me was cancelled????? You idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of 3 great shows on TV. Darn idiots.

May 13, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Lady

I love Lie To Me. :'( I now have no reason to watch anything Fox puts out.

May 13, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason Glugla

Lie to Me was cancelled because people just don't like to think anymore. If Columbo were on today, it wouldn't last a season.

May 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ric Shaw

I agree, Chris. My wife and I have taken chances on Fox shows that we really enjoyed, only to find out their demise would leave us disappointed time and time again. Fox is notorious about dumping decent shows. Instead, TV viewers are overrun with one ridiculous reality show after another as TV execs cater to the lowest denominator of viewers, the ones who want to do anything but think when it comes to their TV viewing. A show like "Lie to Me" gets canceled, but I bet there will be no shortage of mindless crap next season.

May 16, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • bigd9484

If anyone watched the 2nd half of the 2nd season forward of lie to me, they would know why it got canceled. They took a show with an awesome premise and interesting cases, then turned it into law and order. The face and deception reading all went out the window and they became crime solvers, then people tuned out.

May 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keith A

The Chicago code became my favorites show this season. The show dealt with the history of Chicago graft in a great way. The Character development and acting was top notch. I am stunned Fox did not pick up this intelligent drama for a second season. I think that TV viewers are not as interested in smart drama as they are reality dumb down tv.

May 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • ~L

I can't believe Lie to Me is being cancelled. I thought it was safe. Of course we just started watching Chicago Code and have been enjoying Human Target. I am getting so sick of getting interested in a series to see it leave. Fox doesn't seem to know a good thing when it has it. I hope another network will pick up the shows.

May 18, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

I loved Lie to Me. I watched the episode of Bones that was the preview for The Finder, and I thought it was terrible! I like Bones, but I'm so fed up with Fox that I won't watch anything they put out any more!

May 20, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
    • fan of good shows

I was a huge fan of Lie To Me, Human Target and Breaking In. In fact, they are 3 of only 6 shows that I watch weekly covering all channels, including cable. You gave Breaking In 5 episodes before pulling the plug? Looks like the MTV generation with its 2-second attention spans has made its way to the boardrooms. Thanks a lot, Fox.

May 20, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • heathj85

I am an avid House fan. I started with The Chicago Code from the beginning and thought it was a good show. It kind of stinks that it was cancelled. I hadn't heard this was going to be the case so when I watched the finale last night, I didn't realize it was going to be the last time I saw the show. The ending makes more sense now I guess ....

May 24, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • TOYCAR

I completely agree! Why are all the networks, not just FOX, canceling decent shows for another stupid reality show!!!

June 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti

TOTALLY AGREE! I LOVED Lie to Me...what a bunch of idiots! I am very upset. I hope another network picks this one up and Chicago Code!

June 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • hehe101

I loved the chicago code. I still can't believe they canceled it. It just proves some networks are messed up.

June 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • tony

i was so happy to see chicago code....it was a show that was worth watching and i didn't miss even one episode. The best cop show since hill street blues and yet fox doesnt care what the people like they just cancel it after a half a season, why, it would seem that it isnt drawing the same following as their american idol show. I hate reality tv and so now fox has nothing to offer me except crappy signal that might or might not come in on my tv. no need for me to go out to see a show on fox anymore. maybe i should be thankful for all the extra time i have to watch paint peel.

June 8, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |