Chaz Bono open to talking with Brangelina
May 11th, 2011

Chaz Bono open to talking with Brangelina

After coming to terms with his gender identity and undergoing gender-reassignment surgery, Chaz Bono is hoping to help others through his new OWN network documentary "Becoming Chaz" and his work with a support group for children with gender identity issues and their families.

"I relate to these kids," he tells E! Online. "The difference between them and myself is that I didn't articulate it and fight for it and say, 'No, no, no! I'm a boy!' I have so much respect for these kids that do."

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's daughter Shiloh made headlines in several celebrity magazines last year because of her tomboy style, and while Bono isn't making any assumptions about the 5-year-old, he would welcome the opportunity to chat with her parents if they have any concerns.

"I would love to talk to them at some point," Bono tells E!, "to at least let them know we have this resource for them if they ever need it."

In the meantime, he believes Shiloh should just keep being a normal kid and expressing herself. "People get too freaked out about kids and what to do with kids," Bono says. "If you just let kids do what they need to do they usually have the right idea."

Post by:
Filed under: Angelina Jolie • Brad Pitt • Celebrities • movies

1. jim

chaz what the hel you’re not a man, no matter how hard you cry no matter how much your mom loves you you’re a woman. you were born a woman you’ll die a woman. you can cut rip tuck and split, but your still a woman. that "choice" was made long before you were born. no matter what law you get passed, no matter how your followers clam your being discriminated again. and that anyone who thinks you’re an idiot is "tasteful"," ignorance is pathetic and sad". your still a woman you know it every day you look at your cut up body. you’re a woman to many people are afraid to tell you you’re sick hiding from the truth and unchangeable fact of life. you are a woman just like your mother sorry like it or not no one can change that fact period.

September 2, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tess

I have wondered the same thing. Without
    the bottom surgery, how can Chaz claim to be a man? I am trying not to judge. I am just asking, because it makes no sense to me.

May 16, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MADAME ROSE

CHAZ BONO – HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CLAIM TO HAVE BECOME A MAN WITHOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT? ALL MEN, STRAIGHT, GAY, ETC., HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON: THEY ALL HAVE A PENIS, HOWEVER SMALL OR LARGE!

WHERE THE HELL IS YOURS? IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW (SEE DICTIONARY), YOU'RE ACTUALLY A HERMAPHRODITE AND NOT TRANS GENDER!

SO WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO GIVE ADVICE TO YOUNGER PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR GENDER ISSUES?

May 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Realist502

If Chaz had a weenee would let her impregnate me.

May 13, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. Francis

only thing you need to do is loose some...I mean...a lot of weight!!!

May 12, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. Finally Figured It Out

I finally figured out where the Southpark guys got their inspiration for:
    MANBEARPIG!

Everyone run!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sdsd

I bet Realist502 is a fat black woman.

May 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chazzy

wow what a fatty

May 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Beautiful Vixen

She-man, gruesome and demented. .

May 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Millie Bea

Hey Chaz:

Just because the kid like to dress like a boy does not make het a little lesbian-you need to back off and let Brad and Angelina handle their own kids.

May 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @ Realist502

Who u talking to?Make urself more clear, wood u? We like ta no who we r making mad. Flames cloging ur head?

May 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sharug

Sigh, only in America can a cute little girl grow up into a fat ugly man.

May 11, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chaz Bono aka Dusty Rhodes

Im squattin over your cat box dropping a deuce.

May 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chaz Bono aka Minnesota Fats

Im thinking about becoming a long haul truck driver.

May 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

Guess I left out a word, hair growing on the back. Chaz didn't like that either, btw.

May 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Peace

Flipping thru the channels last pm & came across that program about Chaz. I couldn't hardly watch! She/he w/ no shirt on & those scars from having the breasts removed, ughh! Then her/his girlfriend giving testosterone shots in the "behind", again-ughhhh! Then showing the hair growing on her/his -ughhh! Showed waaaay too much of her/his body for me! Not sure how the show ended, just couldn't watch anymore. Good luck Chaz, hope you find your " happy " place! @Janice, good questions, I wonder, too !

May 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Brad Pitt

Chaz, you do one thing and I will kick your fat grotesque ass all over the playground you freak.

May 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Chaz Bono

I can help this little one to become an out of the closet freakin abomination like myself.

May 11, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Come on

OWN?
    ya I dont watch that station.

& just for whatever he obviously is assuming something if he comes out and says

Is he gonna become HLN's new Dr. Drew.

Actually HLN should do that. I bet Bono would get better ratings than Dr. Dew

May 11, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. janice

oops forgot one thing, as i have watch chaz grow up in the public eye like so many of us, when she went for gender reassignment she only had her breast removed. she didnt have the lower half redone. so my question is isnt he still a girl since she does have a va jaja? Chaz said on Oprah when she asked she didnt want to do that , so where does she go to the restroom at when she goes out? mens or womens? she cant use a urinal, and did she have a hysterectomy? does she still have her um woman thing or does the testerone stop that?

May 11, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • double rainbow

most fat guys have very small weinies due to the fat surrounding that area, so hesheit isn't a stretch of the imagination,you make a good point,she reallly isn't a man without the plumbing,she's just dumb

May 13, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  21. janice

First of all Shiloh the poor thing has been dressed like a tomboy since the day Angelina brought her home from the hospital. Angelina chose her clothes not the innocent baby, there has been pictures published in all the tabloids about the way she dresses that child since she was a toddler. If she is a tomboy it will show sure as she gets older. yes at 5 she may decide to be one. but not at infant, and Angelina has dressed her strangely since the child was born

May 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Chocktaaw Indian

This sounds gaaae to me ! Really GAE !

May 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. boocat

I grew up with two older brothers and I was a "tom boy" as a kid but I grew out of it. The same may happen to Shiloh.

May 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Duane

Of course "he" would love to talk to them. "He" wants to use them to get ratings for "his" TV show and get more attention. Stop tying using someone's kids to profit from and expand your own publicity.

May 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. anna

The problem with Shiloh is her parents!
    They have treated her and dressed her like her brothers.

Zahara on the other hand has been dressed as a little girl from the beginning. The Pitts need to be taught how to bring up children.

Why Chaz Bono would like to talk to them is beyond me, she is creepy, heaven forbid Shiloh ends up like her.

May 11, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

Unless you live in their household and see how they treat the little girl, how can you even have an opinion on how B & A are raising their kids? Your comment is just stupid.

May 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • LL

How do you know how they have treated her? How do you know how they've tried to dress her? How do you know there is a 'problem with Shiloh?"

Leave the poor child alone. She'll figure out who and what she is on her own. As parents, you have to be open to accepting whatever it is.

May 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • urdumb

What an ignorant statement. I hope you don't have kids sounds like you may try to squelch their independence.

May 11, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Evel Knievel

What's he going to teach her to do? Eat deep fried gravy with ice cream and turn herself into a freak like he is?

It's kind of sick to start offering these "services" for a 5 year old. That's what these people do though. Indoctrinate and try to get more people on their side so it doesn't seem so weird.

May 11, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ha Ha

"He" still looks like a woman with a man's haircut

May 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Big K

What a shame. All that money wasted so this inferior idiot Chaz could become a fat ugly man.

May 13, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  28. Whaaa....

F'ing creepy if you ask me...

May 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Realist502

You are a moron. You must spend your entire day on CNN commenting about articles. Everytime I read something you have multiple hateful comments posted. Your ignorance is pathetic and sad. I hope you are unable to reproduce, that would take us one step closer to ending your type if hatred. I feel sorry for you.

May 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Realist502

Awesome how you can just use my tag name and write whatever you want. Thanks for the generalization but I'm in fact a straight woman... but nice try there buddy

May 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Realist502

Grow up, quit using my name on here like you're creative.

May 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |