Warren Buffett to guest star on 'Office' finale
May 10th, 2011

Warren Buffett to guest star on 'Office' finale

The season finale of “The Office” is going to be a packed house. In addition to the likes of Ricky Gervais, Jim Carrey and Will Arnett, famed investor Warren Buffett is also expected to make a cameo.

According to Variety, Buffett will also be angling for the gig Steve Carell's Michael Scott vacated at the end of April and was temporarily filled by Will Ferrell’s Deangelo Vickers. Apparently, Buffett had the "Office" crew make a stop by his company's annual shareholders meeting for a skit in which Buffett pretended to take over for former office manager Scott.

Other big names descending on the Scranton, Pennsylvania office that episode are Catherine Tate, James Spader and Ray Romano.

The finale airs next week on May 19. How do you think Buffett would fare as Dunder Mifflin’s boss?

Filed under: television • The Office

1. Mr. Blow

The office went from an A-list show to downright disgusting. Its not even worthwatching anymore. Steve Carrell was the glue that kept the office running smoothly. Warren Buffett addition is somewhat over the top. I think the president position will be funny. Take Will Ferrell off the air for christs sake.

May 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mr. Blow

I hate Will Ferrell. I think he was a horrible pick for the replacement of steve carrell. On top of it, how can you even replace the guy?? I stopped watching the show after Steve left. I dunno it just doesn't sit right with me have some punk nosed comedian try to fill into Steve's shoes. All of a sudden the antics of Will and Steve are horrible at best.

May 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michele

I'll vote for that, Warren Buffett for president. At least he will know how to bring this country back. This man is great and down to earth.

May 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mike Wilkins

I would love to see Madoff as well appear, as well as Charlie Sheen (if he's clean) and to Top it off Michael Douglas as (Gordon)

May 11, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Yakobi.

I don't care who replaces Carell. I'm just glad it won't be the intensely UNfunny Will Farrell!

May 11, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. Loren

Warren Buffett would be just as inept a manager. He is an investor, noted for allowing the companies that he acquires to continue to be run by existing management with little day-to-day oversight by Berkshire Hathaway.

My vote is for Catherine Tate who is the only fresh and interesting comedian of the many actors named.

May 11, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. big_ol_butt

Can Madoff make a cameo? from jail?

May 11, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Big_ol_butt

Eddie Deezen should be new boss

May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. joe

Buffett will be hilarious – I attended the Berkshire meeting this year and The Office skit was hilarious in the annual company movie. As an example, one of the employees said he follows Buffett's investment style – not verbatim, "I save. I invest. And I don't give any money to my kids." lol Be sure to tune in.

May 11, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. palintwit

They should get Bristol (aka the dancing porker ) Palin to make a guest appearance as well. They can have her do a bottomless lap dance for Warren Buffet. She'll probably charge him $10.

May 11, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Qman

Stop ruining the surprises!

May 11, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. tChron

What? Steve Carell left?

May 11, 2011 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. JS

Warren Buffett is as corrupt as they come. He'd be perfect to run Dundler – Mifflin

May 11, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Warren as corrupt as they come? I think you are lumping together people with vastly different qualities of character. Just because somebody is rich doesn't mean they had to be corrupt to get it.

May 11, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joe

Wow, how awesome is that? I can't wait for Jimmy Buffett to appear as a guest on The Office!

May 11, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bill Brasky!!!!

The only people who like Warren Buffet are frat boys and alcoholic girls from the south.

May 11, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Study Hard, Frat Harder

I, as a current fraternity man, find Warren Buffet to be a great man. Just to follow up on your stereotype. Also, it is not frat boys, it is fraternity men. Get your facts straight.

May 11, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • midwest

I think that's Jimmy....

May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Heavenly Heidi

Let Dwight take Michaels spot. Hes been begging for it for years now. That would be hilarious. B/c hes just as much of an idiot if not more than Michael.

May 11, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. All American

One look at the shape of Dunder Miflin and Buffet would out source immediately. Not profitable enough for him. I really dont see the show lasting too much longer after Carrell leaves. He played Michael Scott for too long and Michael became the main character of the show. Cant replace him b/c it just wont work. Cancel now before its too late.

May 11, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lennie Ross

While he's at it, can he stop by the house and drop me off a check for a million bucks?! It's only like, .001% of his net worth :)

Lennie Ross

May 11, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Vinnie

He would move Dunder Mifflin to China like he does to so many of his other businesses.

May 10, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrvict0r

Yup, just remember that you’re then going to Wal-Mart for your cardboard and markers so you can make signs about how American business is outsourcing. Because after all, Wal-Mart has the cheapest stuff right. Wake up people. If you were willing to pay a reasonable price for goods, all these jobs and businesses would not be going overseas. “Wah wah I want more I want more I want it cheaper.. And I’m in a union, I should get $36 an hour for a job I have done for 30 years” I’m only 33 and most of the people I talk to are so anti American its crazy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  20. Keith Stone

His is a master of money but will not give any of it to his family. They have to earn their way. Refreshing...

May 10, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  21. driveby

Warren- despoiler of the Klamath River Watershed

May 10, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Keith Rogers

...and what will be left of the show after the roster of guest stars that outnumbers the main cast has come and gone? This show is finished, due in part to the absence of many of the shows' original writers, Steve Carrell leaving the show, and the fact that many of the newer writers cannot recognize what made the earlier seasons great. This show is going to get even more over-the-top, and equally unfunny; this show needs to end ASAP.

May 10, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dina

I totally agree with Keith. Ever since the new season began, it has been spiraling down to sef-destruction. The original writers have gone, and B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling haven't written anything at all this season. At least we have the repeats on TBS. Now that Steve Carrell has left, it's time to put The Office to rest. He made the show – and everyone else worked off him. Boodbye, Michael Gary Scott!

May 11, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  23. Peace

Saw Buffett on an interview. He seemed pretty cool. 1 thing he said that I liked was, "I wish the gov't would tax me more, I can afford it"! Coming from a rich man! Works for me.

May 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrvict0r

Ugh, typical "I want more hand me outs" folk talking. This whole country is being slowly turned over to the meek an unrepaired. The only people you have to blame for your failures is yourself, and maybe your parents. You cry babies need to stop yelling for the rich to give you more. Go out and earn it for yourself. Give a man a fish, ore tell him it was his parents who failed to teach him how to fish in the first place. But keep your hands off my damn fish!

May 11, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
    • ???

How is "Peace" looking for hand-outs? All he/she did was approve of the man's gesture to offer to pay more taxes because he could afford to?
      Seems like it's you who is indulging in typical behaviour: name calling and attacking, which unfortunately is typical of both sides of the argument and a good explanation for why nothing ever gets fixed.

May 11, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Eli

...teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime, teach a man to pray and he will starve praying for fish

May 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will Sampson

A pre-rich Republican frat boy whining about people taking his money away on the internets? Say it ain't so.

May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tdave

Will Becky Quick have to be there, too?

May 10, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

That's great, although I doubt most here will get it!

May 11, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Sorry...I was talking about the post below this one. Hit the wrong reply button.

May 11, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

OK....I'm either an idiot or my replies are going under the wrong post. I original post was to the Beck Quick comment.

May 11, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  25. Mephistopheles

Interesting twist: A crook playing at being an actor.

May 10, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Captain Jenks

As for Buffet guest starring on a sitcom? Perfect. That is a perfect cultural moment captured- the uber capitalist whose siren song over the past 40 years has devastated vast stretches of this country – doing some play acting on the TeeVee.

Buffet doesn't know it yet- but everything he stood for- the putting of profit above all else- indeed- the equating of profit with GOOD itself- is his legacy- and it is rotting before his eyes.

May 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • RespCap

Buffett is all about long term growth and not short term gain. We need more Buffett's. The ones responsible for all the economic issues were people who wanted a quick fix for their own pocket books – banks who took extreme risks with our money; insurance companies who felt they were too big for the government to let drop; rating agencies who gave risky bonds a good rating so they would get paid big bucks by the same people putting those bonds out; investment firms recommending products while at the same time putting money on their failure. And let's not forget all those people buying housed they could not afford in the first place and then crying foul.

May 11, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Skizot

Maybe you should read up more on Warren Buffet buddy. He's a great man, not a greedy "uber capitalist whose siren song over the past 40 years has devastated vast stretches of this country" like you seem to think. On more than one occassion he has donated more than half of all his money to charity. One time to note specifically was over 30 billion dollars to the Bill & Linda Gates foundation. He lives not in a mansion but a humble little home in Omaha, NE. If you don't believe that you can visit anytime you'd like as there is virtually no security. Read up instead of just trying to sound like a liberal bad butt.

May 11, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  27. Maltheus

Does it matter? Is anybody still watching this now that Carell has left? I suppose Buffet can't be less funny than Will Ferrell because that's an impossible feat for most men.

May 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. big

I think that Warren Buffett will be really good in his cameo, in all the interviews of him that i hav seen he has been ery humorous and personable

May 10, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |