Susan Lucci to play Erica's evil double on 'AMC'
May 10th, 2011

Susan Lucci to play Erica's evil double on 'AMC'

Expect to see more of Susan Lucci as "All My Children" prepares to say farewell.

The actress, who has appeared as Erica Kane on the soap since its debut 41 years ago, will portray her first new character on the show, playing Erica's evil twin.

According to TVLine, Lucci will take on the role of Jane Campbell, a villainess "who will wreak havoc in Erica’s life in every possible way." Several weeks ago, Kane was kidnapped on her wedding day and it is believed that Campbell is the person behind her abduction.

It's not like Kane can't handle whatever Campbell dishes out. Over the years, the Pine Valley resident has proven herself to be quite a tough cookie, having fought off a grizzly bear and even staged a prison break.

"All My Children" ends its run in September.

1. Oleavia Thomas

I have enjoyed this show since it first aired. I am saddened to hear it's ending.

July 21, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Janice

I am so sad that my favorite show "All My Children" is going off the air. I have watched it for so long. I hope everyone has great plans for the future.

June 30, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Denise!

Erica, for goodness sake, please stop with the evil twin routine,soooooo boring!!!!!!!

May 31, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. Raymond

I think that the whole "reality TV Show" has ruined television...what happened to peoples imagination? I'm 29 and grew up watching Days of Our Lives with my mom I would always joke with her "hey who are they gonna kill & bring back as someone else next month" but I have been watching AMC for the last few yr's and the story lines are most of the time better than anything you see on evening "prime-time" TV so idk who deals with the Nielsen ratings but maybe they should take a wider look and have everyone be a Nielsen ratings member or whatever you call it because i can guarantee more people watch these shows than any network exec thinks the daytime soaps have been on over 50 yrs for a reason some even in the day of radio (but Guiding Light already got cancelled) so people need to really fight for what they want....just so you all know most the shows have already filmed their final episode.

May 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JACKIE

Please, somebody keep ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE on the air. So many of us love the soaps and really hate to keep losing these movies we grew up with and have come to love. I do not understand why we need more reality shows on tv, there are more than enough stupid stunts on tv now! At least they should continue to produce the soaps on Soap Net for the millions of soap opera fans in the USA and abroad.

May 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sandy Schaeffer

I am so not in agreement with this evil twin thing; storyline too much like OLTL!
    I am hoping in the very end, that finally, everybody will be with their mate interest so the show goes off as, everybody is happy and will happily ever after! After all, they won't come back again anytime soon, so send them all off with their love interest! I so want to see Kendall with Griffin! He is HOT and so is she!
    I will really miss AMC....have watched it for ages, with my mom!!!

May 11, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Toya

Am I the only one wondering why AMC and OLTL can't continue on Soap Net. The episodes are posted on Hulu so everyone who loves the shows could still get their fix.

I agree that the evil twin thing is really that. That and split personalities and the amnesia plot line. I like the earthquake/tornado detroying the town would be a great ending as long as it doesn't leave an ending like The Sopranos. It would be interesting if some of the characters from Pine Valley got blown away in a tornado and landed in the world of General Hospital because a lot of them have personalities that would be best suited for the mob (they just don't know it of course). One character would definitely have be Erica Kane because she's manage to withstand everything that has happened in the town with very little change to her own psyche.

May 11, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. AMC Fan

I think blowing Pine Valley off the map isn't necessarily a bad idea even though I do love some of the characters on it and have enjoyed the show over the years. But some grand ending like at the end of the last show when the town is in rubble all around Erica Kane is the last one left standing. She should be like Scarlett O'hara in Gone With The Wind when she's standing there saying I'll never go hungry again and say "You never got ME!!" LOL

May 11, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Punky

and you wonder why you AMC is going off the air. I was protesting to keep you on but a twin give me a break. Goodbye AMC.

May 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. citizenUSA

I got started watching AMC over 20 years ago with my, then girlfriend, now wife, just to to be with her. Then I got sucked into the whole thing while everyday I'm pointing out some ridiculous things that would never happen in real life. My wife just says to remember it's a soap opera. But why the new, elaborate, (been done to death), story line when it's over in September? Here's a chance for the writers to have some real fun with all the characters. As others have remarked, I also think the total destruction of Pine Valley would be a good ending. An earthquake or tornado just wipes it off the map.

May 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

Maybe the evil twin will blow up Pine Valley....that would be a good way the end the serial.

May 11, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ann

I am so boycotting ABC after All My Children goes off the air in September and will only watch One Life to Live until January when it also goes off the air! I urge all of you to do the same!! Really!! Do we really need another cooking show or weight loss show? Come on!! I an so sick of talk shows!! I only like Regis and Kelly and depending upon who replaces Regis...might not even watch that show, even though I love Kelly Rippa!! Soaps are awesome and I cannot believe that ABC would take two great shows off the air!! Could not believe that Guiding Light and As the World Turns even went off the air! All of us loyal soap fans need to ban together and fight for our soaps!! Hopefully Agnes Nixon will find another network for her two great shows!!!!!

May 10, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geezer

I guess a fat sow like you with nothing better to do is in dire straits.

May 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BigTNJ

The canceling of All My Children is like having your favorite mom and pop store being bulldozed for a mini-mall. That being said, I would rather see the show end on a high note, than try desperate stunts to try and keep it going. The evil twin thing seems a little desperate.
    Pine Valley is like a second hometown, and as we grow older, we move away from our hometowns and visit less often. Heck, even Dr Joe and Ruth retired and moved to Florida. I hope the show returns to its roots and legacy and we see a lot of old friends stop by to say goodbye.

My real problem with all of this is the cookie cutter reality crap that it is being replaced with. Today's pop culture is ruled by money, and there is no room to search again for the imagination and creativity that Agnes Nixon brought to daytime 42 years ago.

May 10, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. intheknow

Erica has an evil twin?! Damn, Stefano strikes again!

May 10, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

@Barbie, I'm bummed, too. I hope they bring Leo back! I don't think Ryan is too nuts about Greenlee anymore, ya know?

May 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @Barbie

Get a life

May 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nigel Tufnel

Why is someone's twin always evil?

May 10, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Barbie

Why does the show have to go off the air? We don't need anymore talk shows. AMC is like my family. I am deeply dispressed about this. How can the writers put a story together that will end in 4 months? I just hope everyone ends up Happily Everafter.

May 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. B13

Hey, CNN. It's not a twin according to the actual source material, but rather a doppelganger. Also, you may not want to run spoiler information along the bottom of the newscast. It's supposed to be what's called a "surprise".

May 10, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane

how is any one going to be happey maybe brian frons cause he does not want the soaps he thinks we do not want them well he is wrong and so is any one who feels the way brian frons does tv does not need people like him

May 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sebastian Van Goober

You know Lucci can shine a knob!!

May 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Peace

Maybe it's not really a twin...plastic surgery??? Remember Todd Manning from One Life TO Live? (He's supposed to be coming back b4 it goes off air, too.) Time will tell! ;)

May 10, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. veronica

that's pretty low that Erica Kane will have an evil twin. too bad her mother isn't around to explain why her twin was given up for some loonies to raise.

May 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Chucklehead

Didn't they do that back in 1985?

May 10, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  24. Peace

Ah ha! So it's not Agnes Nixon ! (Erica's captor) This will be interesting!!!

May 10, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |