Adele's ex wants a cut of her royalties
May 10th, 2011

Adele's ex wants a cut of her royalties

“Rumour Has It” that Adele’s ex-boyfriend is trying to get a piece of the Brit singer’s success.

According to U.K. paper The Sun, her ex feels that since Adele drew inspiration from their rocky relationship for her hit album “19,” he should get a cut of the royalties.

“For about a week he was calling and was deadly serious about it,” she told the paper. “Finally I said, 'Well you made my life hell, so I lived it and now I deserve it.'”

The 2008 album earned Adele two Grammys, one for best new artist and another for best pop vocal performance with "Chasing Pavements." Her latest offering, “21,” has been No. 1 for six non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard charts.

“He really thought he’d had some input into the creative process by being a p--,” Adele said, although there is one thing she'll give him credit for.

“He made me an adult," she tells the paper, "and put me on the road that I’m traveling.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. Senuke X discount

I do accept as true with all of the ideas you've presented in your post. They're very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies. May just you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

September 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. WordPress Backlinks

Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. That is an extremely well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

June 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. South African Transport

I'll right away take hold of your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me understand in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

June 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. thiet ke website,applications,tools seo

I am no longer certain where you're getting your info, however great topic. I must spend some time finding out much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.

June 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JellyBean

LOL! He ain't gettin' nothin'.

April 30, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ebony uk dating site

hi!,I really like your writing so much! proportion we keep up a correspondence more approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

April 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. articles of today

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent concept

April 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. James

Adele is an Awesome woman, crude comments by trolling children will never change that. THE PIC IS ADORABLE.

January 22, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. Miss Bettsie

Please delete previous post if it was duplicated. Thank You.

May 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Miss Bettsie

I don't care what size she is. Adele you got sweet revenge with your enormous talent.. All you jerks who talk SOOOOO stupid.well you know what you can do. Keep up your great talent now off to the bank.

May 14, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the_dude

Her fat hands really turn me off....just sayin

May 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dinah

Her hands are not fat, you must be a very shallow individual. Your body has nothing do to with a singing talent, unless you have to use you body to help promote your lack of singing talent. Adele doesn't have to use her body to promote her singing talent. She's the real thing, if Adele were purple, and had no hands, her records would still sell by the millions. I think her hands are quite lovely, she always has her fingernails done up so beautifully, and she's very beautiful as well as feminine. Adele was long over due, we finally got some real raw talent back into this world. The plastic folks in Hollywood were becoming sickening.

April 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Life@Large

IF he wins, will we all have to sign a contract at the start-just in case we become rich and famous because of the anguish?

May 12, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Susan

Will losers never stoop to new lows?

May 12, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  14. Vic

WOW.

TALK ABOUT BEING A DI$#!

May 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. egotripin

Did they say "EX Boyfriend" WOW! If he did not put a "RING" on her finger he deserves "NOTHING". He has not ground to stand on!! I love Adele's music! Keep it up GIRL!!!

May 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jo ann matthias

@Ivory...what does "have a salad" have to do w/the issue in this story other than quite possibly the "weed" you smoked & is in your head. Ivory belongs in the same class as Adele's ex....SORE LOSERS!! Judging ppl because they are successful & you have been left behind is pathetic. Adele found her way to move on & it's quite lucritive. Apparently her ex's way of moving on wasn't lucritive & Ivory's life is only lucritive by putting others down so he/she can feel superior....& no I'm not in need of eating a salad Ivory cuz w/ppl like u I know that will be your reply.

May 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Dini

I can't believe I just wasted 5 mins of my life reading these ridiculous comments. Who cares what she looks like? She's a SINGER, not an actress or model...and learn how to spell, people!

May 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Tim's Mom

I see Tim is at it again. I've got to get a sitter or something. Ever since he was kicked out of school, all he does is type stupid stuff on message boards. Tim, go back to 4Chan and leave decent people alone. We can all tell it's you. Everyone please report him so he'll get banned.

May 11, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  19. i cant belive is not butter

She should bi glad her ex kikddd her around enough to get her off her ass and write some songs ...gees now pay up biatchhhhhhh!..."I'm ritch biatchhh" lol

May 11, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  20. Yuck

She looks like she is touched in the head...That pic reminds me of Mommie Dearest. "Noooo WIIiire HAAANNNGGGGEEERRSSSSSS." Plus she is fat so thats double ugly.

May 11, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  21. Ken in Miami

What a gross hippo. I bet her hairy hole doesnt get wetty it gets sweaty.

May 11, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. Chaz Bono

MMMmmm... I wanna dip my biscuit in her honey pot that drippeth with grease and pig sweat.

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. Adeles big butt

That poor fella should be paid a fee for having to bang her fat ole rump. *PUKE*

May 11, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  24. MadCityBabe

I can't stand this cow!

May 11, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. Singer - Songwriter - Musician

He's dreaming. I'm a Singer – Songwriter – Musician, Gallery Artist, Model and Scriptwriter. If he didn't write the song and or the music, nor does he have the copyright on it, he's out of luck. He just surfaced as the guy who did another woman wrong – which gives people like us something to converse about. He should have laid low.....now people will be pointing fingers at him.

May 11, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  26. Heann

I would like to have those sausage fingers of hers wrapped around another sausage. I think she could write a song about that but I wouldnt ask for royalties, just as long as the song had a happy ending.

May 11, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  27. Meh....

He's ridiculous! If *that's* the case then every ex that Taylor Swift has written a song about is owed a crap load of $$$'s!!!

May 11, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  28. Sam

Maybe he should write an album of songs about not getting his share. Just a thought...

May 11, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  29. NYer

Yawn. Who?

May 11, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • lol (@ NYer)

You must feel special for making a cliched comment. I'm pretty sure more people know Adele than they know your sorry pathetic excuse of a life.

May 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chris

God, English people are ugly...

May 11, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  31. Justice Served Cold...

Hellz yeah he deserves that money. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be anybody. You think she could've wrote those had he been a nice guy and treated her proper? NO!!! They would be married by now and she would just be a fat sow sitting at home, eating bon bons, and watching television while he worked and brought home the bacon. While you are at it, take most of Tina Turner's money and give it to Ike Turner. That angelic man beat her stubborn self onto the right path and straight into stardom. *rolls eyes*

May 11, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • JustmyOpinion

How do you know she wouldn't have eventually made it on her own, albeit a different path? How do you know she couldn't have written great music a different way? Sorry folks, unless he sat down with her and wrote the music and lyrics he deserves nothing except a place in the hall of shame.

May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  32. Tim

Such a joke. People inspire people everyday. If Donald trump inspired someone to make a billion dollars, does he deserve a cut? If a cop inspired someone to drop the pipe and get a life, does he deserve a cut of the unspent drug money? This guy is a complete joke. I bet his lawyer feels the same way. I can't believe a lawyer would take this case in the first place.

May 11, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Reader715

Of course he wants a piece of the pie. Isn't that how it usually works. Do nothing want everything. What a jerk.

May 11, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  34. HamBone

Why would anyone want to screw this Hog. Her and Kirstie Alley should have a belly rubbin session.

May 11, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. lex

I dont care about this article. I cant even believe im reading this, let alone commenting.

May 11, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  36. bezerkur

she has a double chin. and shes fat. ban her from buffets and taze her in the ass

May 11, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  37. i cant belive is not butter

Nobody better write about me ! Ill sue your ass! :(

May 11, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  38. Charlie Sheen

Losing!

May 11, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  39. Babba Booey

Id hit it

May 11, 2011 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  40. Gdawg

Does Adele have Santorum come out of her or is she too fat. Seriously, Google "Santorum" and let me know.

I bet she has "fat person smell". Her next album "319".

May 11, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. Love Adele

I love Adele. She has such beautiful and unique voice. Being a woman on the heavier side, she is a role model for many women who struggle in today's stereotypical society that only looks at skinny artists such as Nicole Sherzinger or Nelly Furtado .... yet here comes Adele. Here is the lyrics and the video of the song by Adele : http://www.naplyrics.com/adele/rolling-in-the-deep-video_4785acd16.html . Enjoy this masterpiece !

May 11, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  42. portalpunk

If lemonaid is for sale do you buy it?

May 11, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
    • (corrupted) trix are for kids

I ask the same thing about your mom all the time.

May 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Beatrice

Oh god you are all idiots. I've browsed through the comments and noted some people on here incorrectly describe this as shared intellectual property, some want to talk about her weight, some just insult the other commenters, and some dont even know who adele is. Bottom line: she's an incredibly talented British singer who Beyonce describes as "having the voice of God". Her boyfriend dumped her and she wrote about HER OWN feelings and emotions, which can never be property of anyone else. Why the Tabloids even chose to cover this story is beyond me but British people have their own cup of tea. The argument is over let's all move on with our lives

May 11, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  44. Heywood Jablome

Its no wonder she never got pregnant. He kept dropping his juice in her roll and not her hole. It all starts to feel the same after a few mercy sessions.

May 11, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • QweenSupreme

EWWW....you have no class.

May 11, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Heann

i didnt even notice any difference – i did notice her belly button was like a small pool a few times though afterwards

May 11, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. Heywood Jablome

I love big women who have bad breath and lug about a gallon of sweat in their "just my size" grannie panties. Its even better if she's gap-toofed.

May 11, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  46. Heywood Jablome

Whatever. I love big sweaty women–I wanna bury my sub in her chubb:):)

May 11, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  47. W

wow this guy is clearly a complete lose I hope he gets not a dime

May 11, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  48. r. kyle

Guys lets stay foucsed on what makes sense and how two ignore the stupid and embrace whats makes us happy one way of living a long life is to ignore the stupid.

May 11, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  49. Name*pamela

He has no legal grounds, if they were already divorced, prior to her success.

May 11, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  50. April Fool

Dat Punk Muthafuka ! He Had Adele Crying On Da Last Song On 21 And Everything ! A Fine Ass Girl Like Dat, And She Can Sing ! She Even Took Dis Idiot On Trips Around Da World Wit Her( I read in Rolling Stone ) ! Dude U Fukn Blew It ! U Coulda Had It Ahhhhll ! Lmao ! Daz Funny !

May 11, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  51. Megan

If he deserves money for inspiring her then all of taylor swift's ex's deserve money too!!! He's rediculous

May 11, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  52. chico

Umm...who is adele ? Never heard of her.

May 11, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  53. Heth

@arch what are you even talking about? Do you even know? Maybe you should have read the article before you commented on it, that would've also helped answer the questions you kept asking "who is she?" "what has she done?" She dated a guy, he clearly messed her over, she left him, wrote some successful songs, and became rich and famous for it. She has every right to leave someone that is hurting her in whatever way that may be. Everyone does. And based on her success that was probably the best decision she ever made. Musicians are always influenced by the people that come into their lives but they all shouldn't get money for it.

May 11, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  54. Rebecca

How does this story have anything to do with her weight? If you don't like the way she looks, then look away. The vanity and shallowness of human beings really shows how little we care for mankind.

May 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  55. Pam Gale

Hill Larry Ass!

May 11, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  56. Ticonderoga blue

I put a woman through nursing school. I went broke helping her. I was there every step. She makes 100 grand a year. She got the big head and found a new man.... lol
    She will reap forever off my goodness.
    I don't want squat. I have a right to but I don't.
    Nothing wrong with what's right male or female.
    Bottom line: beware of people who are users. This world is full of them.

May 11, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  57. charlie crack

U all would try to extort $$$ from an ex if they were a platinum selling artist or celebrity of any kind. Quit lying to yourselves

May 11, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  58. Hopeful

I am fat 'Keith Stone', I am 5'2 400 lb. bbw!! I over 5000 calories a day dammit!! My favorite meal is 10 chalupas smothered in peanut butter and vanilla ice cream. I hide my pain through eating and masochism.

May 11, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  59. Heth

Singers and songwriters, male and female, have been writing songs about their exes for years. None of them have ever gotten royalties from them and it's not going to start now nor should it. He's obviously just jealous of her success, can't be successful himself so is just trying to mooch off of her. Do something with your life dude and let it go.

May 11, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mrs. Smith

You can tell all the scorned women on here.

May 11, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  61. arch

Who is she? What does she do that is worthwhile? He wants part of her money. I can understand that because I can't believe he would want to be around her. She isn't anything to write home about! I didn't read the article because it didn't look worth anything, but if he was married and she made a ton of money during their marriage, then he should be able to get a good piece of the pie if there is no pre-nup and he has a good lawyer! If she didn't want to be with him she should have thought about it before making the move. Nowadays there isn't attempt at making relationships work, especially in the acting/singing business. It is like they try on someone and then if it fits they start living together after one date, then get married after two nights together. After about a week or two of screwing and playing around they realize it is worthless to be married so they split and immediately pickup with another person the next night. Sometimes it is a friend of the ex or whatever. There aren't any moral values with those types. They think they are so much better when in fact they would be in the gutter if not for their luck and favors they did for the producers and such..under the table! What has this girl ever done!

May 11, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • some emo kid

Man, are you ever dumb. You couldn't be bothered to read the article so you MADE ONE UP and commented on it?

May 11, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • lol (@ arch)

The real question we should ask is, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" If you didn't read the article and just looked at the picture... that really makes anything you put in your comment meritless.

May 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. ernie

Adele,its your music,dont give him any rights to your music baby,you deserve all the money honey,God bless you

May 11, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  63. Yannais

That's why it's called "Ex".. Just because a person finds a new job and starts making money doesn't give anyone the right to have a share of that persons income, especially if you are an Ex-Boyfriend.. I find that not only outrageous, but also disrespectful and it crosses the line of being a decent human being. A persons income no matter how it is obtained is very personal and very private and she has every right to keep what belongs to her. If everyone in the world thought like this guy, you'd have people sitting at home all day without a real job and just cash in on everyone elses success. This is such a total scam and this guy really needs to go back to discipline school and learn how to be a real man. We all influence people some way or another, doesn't mean we have the right to take a share of that persons income. For an ex to come knocking on her door demanding a share, this is called greed and not love. Obviously shows that money is the only thing on this person mind. Also by doing this, what girl would ever want to date him if they knew that he is leaching off his Ex.

May 11, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  64. Cupcake

Adele rocks-she made her own success. The ex is nothing but a Loser dirt bag for sure.

May 11, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  65. ROfLMAO!!!

I'm going to bust a fricken lung lmao at these comments. First Cheze or whatever it's name is (Cher's daughter) blog posting and I see now this is going to be a good one also.

May 11, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  66. Lennie Rosss

Wow, now that's incredible, this guy is a real big loser. A woman out on her own, making money with her talent, and he wants her dough? What a joke!

Lennie Ross

May 11, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  67. Graham

What a complete, total, and utter loser this guy must be.

May 11, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  68. Mary

He should get some money. If it was the other way around he would have to pay her. Women want to be in everything like men so why not this.

May 11, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  69. ike turner

Eat yo pie Annie Mae

May 11, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  70. KeithStone

Where are you sunshine girl?

May 11, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  71. Keith Stone

@lcook. Its painfully obvious you have not been laid in some time. Have a wonderful evening....

May 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  72. lcook

@trish_ah – its lint, not lent you idiot. You are all so painfully annoying. How this is a news story is way beyond me? And why anyone cares is even a bigger mystery. Your opinions don't matter. Defensive freaks.

May 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Keith Stone

I would guess you are obese also Sunshine Girl. What's your vice, all you can eat ribs?

May 10, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Keith Stone

@hopeful. Its obvious that you're fat. Mix in a salad for gods sake. Resist the 20 piece mcnugget.....

May 10, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sunshine Girl *

Wow! I guess it takes all kinds. Men can be gold diggers just as well as women can be. In this case thats what he appears to be. Since he made her life a living hell he deserves something? Yeah ok...a swift kick in the @ss on the way out the door. And not a penny more. Creative inspiration comes from alot of things/places. But doing nothing beyond that equals nothing. He needs to suck it up and start acting like a man instead of a whining/begging p*ss. Get real guy!

May 10, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Keith Stone

I'm sure he does. Who wouldn't. I enjoy a cold coors sometimes

May 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Life@Large

He should tread lightly...she can counter for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and recording time in studio could be "therapy" that he'll need to reimburse her for. Then again, this would make for a good soap opera scenario...and they lived happily ever after. The End.

May 10, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Trish_ah

To all the people who say she should give him money, that means you need to give some of your paycheck to all the people who influenced you to be where you are now. Adele doesn't owe him one cent, not even lent from her pocket.

May 10, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • InternetName

Except she wrote a copyright protected piece of material for which he is admittedly a creative inspiration...by law, thats shared intellectual property.

May 11, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • some emo kid

Inter, that's just looney. If I write a song about the Sphinx, it doesn't get royalties. If I write about the Moon in June, neither is a creative contributor. Think about it for ten seconds, ok?

May 11, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  79. zoe

Ivory..try a gun

May 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Nick

Eminem was sued by his mother and his ex, his mother sued him for $10 mill plus $1 and Kim sued him for $10 mill. They both decided they were defamed in songs he preformed, they were obviously inspiration for a ton of lyrics over the years. He sings about someone that he had conflict with years ago, guess what that guy sued as well. But I'm of the opinion if you use the person then you need to pay the person, not the ridiculous sum Eminem was sued for but they should get something.

May 10, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • InternetName

Best logic on here

May 11, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • um...

The difference is....Eminem was sued for defamation. He used names and stated fact of events that happened. Everyone know who Kim is and what she did. I have no idea what Adele's ex's name is or what exactly their relationship was like.

May 11, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  81. Drugs

I bet she wear granny panties and leaves skid marks the size of tractor tires. This fatty boombalatie needs some Jenny Craig stat!!

May 10, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..damn Master Bayshun you just turned me on. I like a man up front and direct and tells it like it is. Not trolling so don't get mad at me.

May 10, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Peace

Oh hail no, is this guy serious???

May 10, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Zenith

Perhaps he should learn how to sing and write a song about her.

May 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  85. joe

Gay

May 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  86. petey boy

Typical lossseeerrr

May 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. carrie

Well i guess taylor swift should owe every guy she has ever met. People write songs about their experiences thats what makes them real. Didnt want to be in a song then date a Doctor not a song writer

May 10, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Djalexem

if Adele's ex helped her with her career in anyway, I think he deserves something

May 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Djalexem

i want to know what happened in their marriage. Theres always two sides to every story. By the way if my memory is correct, Tom Clancy's wife fought to get all royalties from all the books he ever wrote, past and future. Tom once said the reason they divorced was because she never supported his writing and wanted him to get a real job.

May 10, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pam

They were never married. This is her ex boyfriend trying to get money from her.

May 11, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  90. Dtd

He's trying to get paid by being an annoying chubby chaser?

May 10, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Rodney Knobks

WHO CARES THIS IS IMPORTANT? CNN YOU NEED TO RAISE YOUR REQUIQEMENTS SOME DUMB HOSER SPLITS WITH SOME CHICK HES SHACK4NG WITH? WOW

May 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  92. randy

She's LOST weight you ingrates!

May 10, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  93. utah

That's cuz women are loco

May 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  94. vampireweekend

why does this girl always have the same hairstyle

May 10, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Weak Minded Woman

Probably because compared to the rest of litter flowing thru the airwaves these days she doesnt need to have any kind of shock image to get her point across. She can actually sing.

May 11, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  95. Denizen Kate

Do I have this right? This guy mistreats a woman, and because she turned her personal pain into art, he thinks he should get a cut of the proceeds? Seriously?

May 10, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Melisa

@rodirigo....no even ! its not like they are married or anything ..besides he didnt even make the music or is the one with the talent..he's just trying to be a freeloader now that he sees how successfull she has become.

May 10, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Melisa

yeah he has no right whatsoever to what she has earned! i love her new song rolling deep and i love her voice it is just so powerful!! im gonna buy her cd today! i went to wal mart but they were all out! lol

May 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • InternetName

They sell music over the internet now, honest...I was surprised too. I found a site called napster using my Prodigy internet connection on my commodore 64.

May 11, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  98. JRuiz

Um...sad. "19" has no song on it called "Rumor Has It." Her latest album, however, "21," does. I love Adele. And I love writing. It's too bad that the writer of this article couldn't find a marriage of the two—not even a friendship, apparently. Horrible. Really...just horrible.

May 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. weed

they were not married so he doesn't deserve one penny

May 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  100. TI

WOW makes her music even better knowing she's singing about such a dickbag.

May 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Joanne Peak

what an ass.............the bf obviously

May 10, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heann

I thought you were looking at my bum but then i realized you meant the boyfriend...but thank you anyway

May 11, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  102. goldenislife

RODRFIGO women would have enough sense not 2 even go there...some of us know our place & know how 2 play our position! but its just like a man 2 try and go after what he knows he doesnt deserve and/or have a right 2....GET IT 2GETHER PLEASE!

May 10, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Ivory

@Rodrigo – not at all! He did what was best for him and dumped her badly. Her feelings reacting to that and her ability to make songs are hers alone! I would say the same if she was a guy and this was some gold-digging woman who did him wrong and wanted a cut of money from a song about it.

May 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Topher

Adele: try a salad

May 10, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  105. goldenislife

I LUV U ADELE...and ofcourse he doesnt deserve one red cent...just like a man 2 take credit where credit is not deserved. you just keep on producin those hits & dont worry or sweat the small stuff (like your ex).....you go girl!!!

May 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Rodrigo

Love the hypocrisy here. If positions were swapped and the women was asking for a cut of the royalties, all the women posting here would be on board with that as well.

May 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Newo

...and everyone would be calling her a gold digger...

May 10, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Yeah, yeah, just another pitiful attempt at the race card. A ploy you grasp at when you have no viable argument.

May 10, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cabron's wife

So, if I write a song about the hand he wants me to hold is also that hand he hits me with, he should get some royalties? BS

Sarah MacLachlan's stalker sued for royalties for the song she wrote about having a stalker. He got zip.

May 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kellyann

I take offense to your comment, Rodrigo. Kindly do not lump all women into one category. Just as most men are kind, compassionate human beings, so too are most women. I have grown tired of the juvenile stereotypes made by a handful of people in regards to this story and others. I will tell you the same thing my husband and I tell our children,"Most people are good, trustworthy, hardworking, and honest, however, there are bad people in the world as well. Some are men, some women, from all walks of life." As for Adele, I do not believe that her ex-boyfriend should receive a penny. If the roles were reversed I, would feel the same way-she should not receive a penny. To the handful of people who feel that cursing and putting others down is making you "look" tough-it is not. In all honesty it makes you look quite ignorant. Kindly take the time and look into what "respectfully disagreeing" means and actually apply it in the future. There is no reason for the vulgarity, ignorance and disrespect. Due to those people who actually are bad, there is more than enough hate and disrespect in our world let's not add to it, please?! Thank you.

May 11, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Parkay

@ Kellyann

SHUT UP!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@kellyann...great post! You sound like a logical, intelligent person and I agree with you 100%.

May 11, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  107. johnny

He deserves his fair share for "putting her on the path" she is on – she just admitted he was the influence and reason for her success! He deserves 15% – finders fees plus creative influence!

May 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • wendell

another troll

May 10, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

Right. Jacee Dugard is writing a book about her 18 years in "captivity." By your logic, her kidnapper/abuser deserves a 15% cut of profits on her book. D'bag.

May 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • LesterJester

He deserves zilch. Mr. Bayshun, for heaven sakes, calm down.

May 10, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Hen Dawg

Give him his money!!

May 10, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • wendell

troll

May 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

And if she went into therapy for it, do you think he'd pay half the bill? Or if he sent her to the doctor? Doubt it.

May 10, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • i cant belive is not butter

Quit hatennn and pay the mannnn up! She even admited she is where she is cause of the slapppiiinnnggg around.....now pay the man up and yes I think he would have payed for her Therapy if he would of known about the coming events that where going to take place....qqz

May 11, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  109. johnnie

My ex wife bought a house using child support money, do I get part of that house? LOL, NO dude get a life.

May 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Living REAL Well

I agree whole-heartedly Living welll is the BEST revenge. I'm living proof. Adele be graceful in your victories & keep singing from your heart, Girl!!!

May 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  111. trock

I love you, Adele!!!!

May 10, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Christine

Classic LOSER!

May 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  113. natalie

Ha Ha, proof, living well is the BEST revenge! He is just living up to the legend he is in the songs and in his own mind! They sing about everyone from Bad Leroy Brown to Bernadette, they did not get a cut of the pot! Is this guy for real? He should hide his face?

May 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  114. kiddingme?

Ur joking right? Who does he think he is. He didn't write it, record it, or even beat a tambourine in the background. He has no rights to money.

May 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@pim: That's an assumption you just made. And based on that assumption, you're projecting You have some money troubles with a lady? Therapy might help.

May 10, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@Josh, the only reason you've never had a woman clean you out is because your such a loser you can't get a decent looking broad.

May 11, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenga

hahahaha yes

May 11, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
    • chris_brown

With this logic I should get a cut of "Love the way you Lie" by RiRi. Thanks fellow jerk*ff!
      Chris Brown

May 11, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Humphreys

Totally agree, only a totally spineless, jelous, sad sad fool would even think that they were in some way owed a living by making their ex's life crap. Hope she thinks of him and smiles with every pound n dollar that she makes. If I was her I'd send him a thank you card with a penny in it and to be honest he aint even worth that...

May 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Dee

You are a neanderthal aren't you? Adele can sing circles around those two. Give me a break the heaviness or skinniness of a person does not contribute on how they sing...talk about trolls.....sheesh.

May 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  116. InternetName

britney weighs more then a-rod

May 11, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  117. knicole

sad...so sad

May 11, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  118. portalpunk

What's sad is your funny looking face.

May 11, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  119. portalpunk's fat mom

That is really hurtful, son. When your dad gets home, you are getting your butt kicked.

May 11, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |