Hear the 'Glee' cover of 'Friday'
May 9th, 2011

Hear the 'Glee' cover of 'Friday'

Rebecca Black isn't the only one to make "Friday" a YouTube sensation. The guys of "Glee" have released their own version of the song on the video-sharing Web site.

As Marquee previously reported, "Glee's" Artie (Kevin McHale), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Puck (Mark Salling) will give their own spin on Black's tune about weekend partying and fun in an upcoming show.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the song will be performed during tomorrow night's prom-themed episode.

Though actual footage from the episode does not appear on YouTube, you can listen to the song in its entirety.

What do you think of "Glee's" cover of "Friday"?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • Music • television

1. youtube profits

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to provide something back and help others such as you helped me.

August 22, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. All About Music

Hi there, simply was alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you happen to continue this in future. Many other people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

August 22, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. New Perspective

Rebecca Black literally murdered this song, but then Glee came in to save the day, and they actually made the song sound good by fixing what she ruined. Black's voice sounds like she's holding her nose, and trying to sing at the same time, which doesn't sound attractive.... at all. Glee gives it a "rap" sound to it, and this pull-off seems to be working because I don't have to scream and curl up in a ball in a corner while holding my ears when I hear their version of the song. All I have to say is, "Thumbs up, Glee!"

May 10, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Glee is Cool

I love Glee and while watching I finger my manhole then taste the butt sludge.

May 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. Chucklehead

Wow, a story about Gleet and only 10 comments. A year ago there'd be over 300. Maybe people ARE finally getting tired of this crapola.

May 10, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sunshine Girl*

Everyday Rebecca Bkack inspires me to be a lesbian.Now I am going out with Beautiful Vixon.

May 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sadly

Anything is better than the original, but seriously the stupidest things they could have done is this song. It was an interesting choice to have the boys do it, though. But I guess if they could dedicate two whole episodes to lady gaga and one to britney spears, this isn't doing their cred much harm.

I just cannot believe this has become a "real" song. What is wrong with you people?

May 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TEACH

I asked the children in my classroom and they said they think she is a lezbizn too. Plus the general concensus was she eats doooodooooo.

May 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. WOLFIE

Isnt that Rebecca Black a lesbian ? All the kids at school think so.

May 9, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. awyeah

I don't even bother reading the blogposts anymore, the comments are far more entertaining.

May 9, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. Boof

This show sucks the big one!

May 9, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joey

Will they also sing through their noses so it sounds authentic?

May 9, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Barney

I wonder if they are going to have fish sticks and tater tots for lunch ? I like them tater tots.

May 9, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |