Judd Apatow may be known for his explicit, guy-group comedies but this time Apatow is giving us “Bridesmaids,” a raunchy laugh-fest with a female crew.
“Saturday Night Live” cast member Kristen Wiig and former cast member Maya Rudolph star in the film, with Wiig portraying a single, 30-year-old woman who is the maid of honor for bride-to-be Rudolph. While fighting her jealousy of her friend’s happiness, she has to manage the most unlikely group of bridesmaids. The movie is coming to theaters on Friday.
Here’s what else you shouldn’t miss this week:
- The season finale of “Amazing Race: Unfinished Business” is here! The final four teams will race through different countries. They will start in Rio De Janerio and finish in the Florida Keys. Catch this at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Another season finale to watch is “Brothers & Sisters” at 10 p.m. ET on ABC, when the marriage of Luc and Sarah takes place.
- Albert Brooks and Kristen Wiig will be on “Late Show with David Letterman” at 11:35 p.m. ET on CBS. Meanwhile, Jennifer Lopez and Chris Colfer hang out with "Leno" on NBC.
- Tons of new reads this week: “In the Garden of Beasts” by "Devil in a White City" author Erik Larson; a new book from Chelsea Handler called “Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me”; Chaz Bono's “Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man”; and “Familyhood” by Paul Reiser all arrive today.
- If you have yet to hear of Tyler the Creator, his album “Goblin” will surely have everyone buzzing when it drops on Tuesday. Christina Perri is also releasing her album “Lovestrong."
- By the way Gleeks: Matthew Morrison's self-titled debut album arrives on Tuesday as well.
- Two DVD releases to look out for are “Blue Valentine” starring Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams and “No Strings Attached” with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher.
- May 11th is the 30th anniversary of the death of Bob Marley, the legendary reggae musician. “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” will honor his memory with a week-long tribute by artists performing his songs. His son Ziggy Marley will kick-off the tribute starting Tuesday. On the day of the anniversary, Chris Cornell will perform a song after interviews with Keira Knightley and tennis star John McEnroe. Catch this at 12:35 a.m. ET on NBC.
- Part two of the intense paintball match on “Community” airs on NBC at 8 p.m. ET. Lost’s “Josh Holloway” guest stars in this season finale where the study group decides to unite and fight the new enemy.